Is it dead, lads?

Is it dead, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sEGH14U3Y9o
youtube.com/watch?v=eJNNNftkZ4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I doubt it.
Also 5 was awesome, except for singleplayer.

What is the best version of Soul Calibur 2? Also, can you recommend it to someone who has never played a 3D fighting game before?

Not exactly, but it's hanging by a thread at this point and I doubt it'll ever be as popular as it used to.

Xbox or GameCube versions

Soul Cal 2 is godly in Dolphin if you have a decent PC. 1080p/60 and still quite a good looking game.

And yes, I can absolutely recommend it. One of the best games ever made period.

Top notch soundtrack as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=sEGH14U3Y9o

youtube.com/watch?v=eJNNNftkZ4E

The best version of Soul Calibur 2 is Soul Calibur 1 on Dreamcast.

Who do you prefer:
Heihatchi
Link
Spawn

choose wisely, certain versions suffer from hitboxes not working properly.

Also yes, Soul Calibur is actually pretty entry level

Spawn, since I owned Xbox version. Heihachi is just retarded since he doesn't use any weapons.

Heihachi made the Edge Master mode stupid easy. Link was just garbage. Never played as Spawn, but I heard he was okay.

Spawn was lame as well as Heihachi. The guest characters is SoulCal are all trash tbh unless you count Yoshimitsu.

You know Yoshimitsu is meant to be a different character in SC right?

was he even a guest character by the end? it seemed like he was just a regular appearence.

tbh Tekken has cooler characters than Soul Calibur.

I'd recommend starting with Soul Calibur 1 instead of 2. 2's okay, but it's kind of dull compared to 1.

Also, they relegated my husbando to nothing more than an alternate costume for Nightmare.

Yea, and he's a different character in all Tekken entries too. Yoshimitsu is basically just a concept. A guy from the Manji clan with 1 arm who has the balls to stab himself in the gut if he can take you out with him.

He's in every SoulCal and every Tekken, but first appeared in Tekken.

Disagree. I need my elvis imprersonating nunchuk master and huge tit dominatix.

SoulCalibur 1 is great and at the time was an amazing technical feat, but SoulCalibur 2 is way better for single player IMO

I only bought SC2 because it had Link and tits.
If they remade it today, Ivy would be flat chested, Taki would have a burkha,and Nightmare would be a midget in a wheelchair.

It's fucking dead.

Am I the only one who loved Lost Swords?

I didn't use any money on it, and even with all its faults, I really enjoyed playing that game. Sadly it's now shut down.

All of those outfits look horrible, and I could neverr get into the Soul Calibur's rendering.

Spawn was poorly balanced, sometimes OP.

I never liked the "two black eyes" style Soul Calibur 4 and up use. Someone tell them to lay off the eyeshadow.

this is the correct answer

oh and a soul game set before this would be cool

loli Taki…?

Arcade

I have my own Sys246, PCB, and disc. I really need to get the graphics so I can build my cab.

I want them to make a spinoff series based on Chronicles of the Sword, but at this point, it'll never happen.

You're thinking of Lost Swords, not V.

Didn't Spawn end up being so popular that the lizardmen ended up getting his moveset?

Spawn was popular because when you unlocked his top tier axe he was unbeatable. Literally two unguarded strong attacks would kill everyone. Couple that with his decent speed and he was unbalanced as fuck.

That doesn't answer anything.

Let me rephrase it.

Spawn was popular for the reasons listed above.But for the Lizardmen following II they used a move set similar to Sophitia with some custom moves and lost their massive agility advantage that came with the II and prior models.

Or you could just say "No, Lizardmen never had a moveset similar to spawn" instead of all this contrived nonsense.

Maining that shit day 1

But your question was built on the preposition that spawn was popular for his move set. He is a slow slugger like Nightmare without the weapon range and whose ranged attacks are weak and inefficient. However the risk/reward is great enough to overcome the openings making him extremely popular.

It's okay if you want to be a filthy casual and come into a conversation. But when you ask your betters a question learn to shut your mouth and pay attention, kid.

No, you're just a presumptious know-it-all.

You're most likely thinking of Kratos from the PSP game. Lizardman Aeon in SCV was basically Kratos with the serial numbers filed off, IIRC.

That actually sounds better than all of the new characters from SCV.

Is that what causals call people that play games?

It's okay junior. I know you are bored and frustrated because school is out. Why don't you try going outside and getting some fresh air for a while. Maybe a nice bike ride with some friends will cool that hot head of yours.

Ah okay, I just remember him and spawn flying around. Its been 5 years since the last game after all.

Calm down.

Is online play SC2 possible through Dolphin?

Dolphin 5.0 made me get back into it and I'm nearly done with Weapon Master mode for the millionth time.

Would love to smack earth wind and fire out of some anons with Maxi and stream it.

The SA Games forums are that way, faggot.

It's okay kiddo. I am sure when mommy comes how she will make you some bagel bites™ so you can relax

Reddit iss that way, shitlord

As Coroner I must aver,
I thoroughly examined her.
And she's not only merely dead,
she's really most sincerely dead.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place…. this place has a lot to offer… heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it…

Wow.

I wasn't upset over Spawn though.

Better a redditor than a SA Goon trying to fir in Holla Forums (Reddit is awful, but goons are wastes of human life).

Yea…

Anybody?

You missed the 4chan that completely gave away that his post is pasta too

Frizzay off tha bizzay, frizzay reddizzle, kid, biatch? It's your homie snoop dogg from the dpg. hizneh I rememba when I was just like you, biatch. Domedead. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka dogg! Lemme hit you wit a tip so you can make it up 'n dis cyba sanctuary so show some love, niggaz! homey make jokes like dis shit. Yo ass gots no hype here, you gots no name, you gots jackshizzle here, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comin' thru fo'sho. It aint nuthin but game of tha fittest n' you ain't gonna survive long on Holla Forums by sayin wack jokizzles dat yo' shawty hugbox playaaaaaasuckin reddit playaz would upboat. Nizzle of dat here, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comizzle' thru fizzy paper'd up. Yo ass dizzay upboat. Aint no stoppin' this shit nigga. Yo ass don't downboat. Dis ain't reddit, kid straight from long beach nigga. Y'izzall KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Dis is Holla Forums. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch straight from long beach nigga. Our thugge'-out asses hizzy real intellizzle discizzle, suttin' I don't be thinkin y-aw dat familiar wit so i can get mah pimp on. Yo ass don't like it, you can hit tha bricks on ova ta imgur, you everyday show watchin shawty hustla of a funky-ass biiiatch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here n' learn our ways, chill yo. Th'n be diffizzle here, unlike any baller place dat tha lizzy of internizzle pop cultizzle reaches. Yo ass can be anythang here, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comin' thru fo'sho. Me , biatch? hizzy, I be a judge.. dis place… fo' sho'. dis place has a shitload ta offa… heh you gonna see, kizzle . . so you betta run and grab yo glock. dizzy be if you can hizzay it…

It's not dead in my heart

But how? He's sexualized as shit, can't talk and his outfit is pretty much bondage gear.
You know just don't answer. I might be called a faggot but Voldo is one of my favourite characters from vidya and I don't want to see him transformed into a fucking political outlet

But user. Just imagine. Voldo finally being accepted and empowered by the outside world. Shitlords can no longer make fun of or question his sexuality. He now wears rainbow bondage gear so you know his conquest is one for equality. He also grew out a goony beard to compensate for his baldness, and to show that he is with the times and trendy.

But user. Think about Voldo no longer having to dwell lurking in the shadows, being befriended by his allies he now has in the main characters who fight for good. He would no longer have to hide who he is and he can now settle down in his open and accepted marriage with Zasalamel, who holds great affection for Voldo despite the fact he also occasionally fucks Xianghua in front of Kilik.

Might as well share this.

Y-you're being mean, alright! Stop!

But user. What if they made the whole game more historically accurate and diverse by making Mitsarugi a stong black woman born in Japan? This progressive change to the roster would make for an excellent ally to the game's most brave and stunning protagonist, Voldo!

I'll stop there. I'm beginning to scare myself.

I also want an answer. Or maybe I'll get the PSN version in the next sale.

What are you? A malfested?
I liked asshole Patroklos before he became all JUSTICE with Setsuka weapon style. At least Pyrrha at the end of the story stops being a crybaby and has a demon arm. The other characters barely appeared. But Natsu being the straight man of its crew opposing her "naruto-esque" looks was interesting. I really wish the game was finished with the single player modes, Talim, Zazalamel and not-Sophitia and Kilik having their own moveset instead of what we got.

Yeah, you're probably the only one.

If we're talking about bringing back stuff, let's talk about all those "unique" styles for created characters even if some of them were variations from the main characters styles, I miss them and the shopkeepers.
Don't get me wrong, I fucking hated Soul Calibur V for being a "multiplayer focused" game with shit story, no arcade mode with endings and shit characters, besides, I miss Chronicles of the Sword.
Eurydice is the best girl.
I miss young Siegfried.

talim is still my best girl…

Best character in the game only to be taken away by puberty and getting knocked up

Might as well post these so I can cry later

Taki has the best demon repellant clothing ever.

Maybe I'm being too autistic here, but I can't help but draw similarities between Berserk's and Soulcalibur's story.

For instance, in Berserk you have the eclipse an event that causes demons, spirits and other creatures to become more active and some out right manifest into the human world.
In Soulcalibur we have the Evil Seed, an event that pretty much does the same to their world and causes the fragments of soul edge to scatter world wide, and is also the canonical ending to the first game, Soul Edge.

That's another thing, the soul edge fragments function in a similar manner to the behelit in berserk, with minor differences, one being that sacrifices aren't necessary to activate the soul edge fragments the person just needs to be under extreme emotion.

There are also few similarities with the main characters Guts and Seigfried.
Both became members and eventually leaded a group of bandits/assassins. (Guts - Band of Hawks / Seigfried - Schwarzwind)
Both killed their father/father figure.
Both had their mother/mother figure die from illness.
Both had been accompanied by a tomboy soldier who has feelings for them. (Guts - Casca / Seigfried - Salia Olschmidt)
Both had abandoned their group only to return to them years later.
Both uses weapons causes astral damage to their enemies, and have armors that although doesn't heal them, keeps their bodies intact. (Guts - Berserk Armor / Seigfried - The crystal armor he had in SCIV)
Both have a berserk state. (For Seigfried we see this happen in Soulcalibur V's intro, he becomes possessed by the spirit of soulcalibur.)
Indirectly, Seigfried does kind of mirror Guts's major wounds, although Seigfried doesn't lose an eye, he does have a scar which he got from Raphael by the end of SCII, and in SCV's intro we see crystal accumulating around one of his arms as if to signify a replacement for the loss of an arm, although this more likely to mirror Nightmare's monster arm.

I think there are more similarities, but I'll stop for now.

I'm honestly surprised that a milf'd up Talim wasn't present in SCV. You'd think out of the few characters that can actually age in this silly series, she'd be one of them.

How the fuck did Spawn manage to get in the game?
Last time i checked he was a capeshit character and nothing else.

She looks like she's about to trip over her sword. Pretty good otherwise.

I'd assume it had something to do with McFarlane Toys as there were Soul Calibur figures.

Those tits aren't big enough, tho.

I think they never out much thought on her. I remember her being broken in III and crap in IV. It's really sad not even her style making t V.

This guy talks so much shit. While I don't think SoulCalibur need supers and EX moves, they added more depth and that "colorful cinematic supers" bring casuals to the game. GI in III and IV was busted and needed a nerf.
He even says that "need to be back to the roots" saying how SoulCaliburII made everything right and the other games just messed up. So he basically wants SoulCaliburII on the PS4/XboxOne/PC if he doesn't want changes.
I really fear for the future of the franchise if he has any input in it. The Sophitiafag that was in charge of Lost Swords was bad enough.

She could use a modified Sword/Shield Patroklos style while the latter stays with Setsuka style.

she can trip over my sword anytime hue

Heihachi was the coolest because the game is about characters using different weapons. One guy who fights with his fists is a good idea. Plus, he was already canon to the series and ties in with the story better.

He's not in Soul Edge, though, so you could be forgiven for thinking he was something like a guest character in SC1.

This would maybe be a fun character though.

His creator designed Necrid in Soul Calibur II.

The Legend will never die!

Joking aside, I should work on getting a proper computer so I can dolphin it up

Soul Calibur's lore got fucked in 4 and its cast got fucked in 5. Unless they completely wrote away everything past 3, I can't imagine the series coming back.

Especially not given how busy Bamco's fighting game team must be. They have to finish Tekken 7, probably will have some DLC to do for Pokken, and have Tekken x Street Fighter at some point. I think they're also doing something else on top of all that, but I can't remember what it is.

As immature as it was, I would still always laugh whenever I saw this

Let's talk about the mechanics of the games, starting with the guard impact.
Did SCV implement it the right way?
Execution wise, or should they have just stuck to the traditional execution (direction + G), and should it have been tied to the super bar?

And should they keep critical edge as a main stay mechanic? Keep in mind, they also had critical edge in the first game.

I see that going about as well as Street Fighter X Tekken

What version of Dante would they have used if he was in SC3?

Probably the DMC3 version since it was released the same year, with one of the other two games or shirtless versions used as an alternate costume.

THIS.

Basically reboot it or say 4 and 5 was "alternate universe."

Well, I talked about some of the mechanics in
I still think GI as a mechanic was busted in III and IV. The nerf in V was welcomed. Also every character has an auto GI move.

As Critical Edge. It seems inevitable. Every game has a super move to keep casual people interested in those cinematic moves. I for myself think is not really necessary. I like the footsie game better but also liked the EX moves having different properties of the regular ones (juggle state, etc.). I also liked the streamlined movelist. By IV many characters had useless moves and retarded inputs like Ivy.

For the next one, I would like the removal of critical hit during the 8-way run and more styles for the characters like III had but, of course, balanced. They could even bring back old characters like

For Kilik, Xianghua, Yun Seong just release as special skins for the regular characters(think like the Injustice ones with redub and everything), just make them with the same style of the newer ones or try something new like those old Custom Character style from SCIII. Also have an Amy style/skin for Viola.

I like the idea of Soul Calibur also being an evil sword but Algol should have a better presentation. He really seems out of place.

(checked)
I agree, but was it really necessary to make it the way they did in SCV?
Rather than just make it more like the SCII?
And did it really need to be tied to the gauge?
I mean, I guess it was so players couldn't abuse it more often, but couldn't that be done by tweaking the timing needed instead?

For Ex-moves, I do agree with you that there are a lot of moves from SCIII onward that didn't connect to any chain or combo, though I wouldn't say they were unnecessary, given that they've been removing more and more moves since SCIII.
I also didn't like the idea of pulling of the same move and animation but with higher damage input.

As for critical edges, I have mixed feelings about them, I like their addition to the gameplay, but it also feels like a step down.

I don't mind alpha Patroklos, but I'd rather have Setsuka using a move set that combines her SCIII with his.
Or they could just introduce a new younger girl as her apprentice and just give her Setuska's SCIII moves mixed with alpha Patroklos's moves and weapon.
Phyrra could have been given a but more balanced mix of Sophitia and Cassandra's moves (Cassandra's down back moves for example), instead of having to split her into two characters.
Also would have preferred to have Seung Mina instead of Xiba.

Other than this, some of what you said could be done by editing your savedata.

I honestly thought they would do this eventually after some time, I guess that's what I get for being hopeful.

The exact way we had in SCV I don't know. And I never really played SCII "competitively" (had the gamecube version during my early teenage years) so I can't say anything. I even asked if the Dolphin version has online here . I can only say about III and IV. But I can say there's room for improvement.

That's what Just Guard is for but I think they backpedal on limiting GI time window for the less technical players.

That's why I said I like EX moves having different properties like juggle state, instant grabs, wall splat and other things rather than pure damage. So you can have moves for different situations.

Yeah, the problem with an older Setsuka is the japanese mentality of older women. A mature capable woman rival to Mitsurugi saying "ara ara" to her young stupid siscon disciple is something I would be willing to learn how to finally play her.

I think normal Pyrrha is fine(I main her), I just said for Elysium to not be an Edge Master and also not throw Sophitia completely from the game (she was getting stupid since II and really retarded in IV). I'm biased towards Cassandra and she's technically only MIA and Patroklos style reminds me a little of her but you're right on saying it miss a few Cassandra "vibe" moves (butts and shield moves) so a revamped Patroklos style for Cassandra would please me.

Well, the game has some unreleased DLC that came in some patch. They just pulled the plug giving Daishi left the company and they wanted to experiment the f2p formula with Lost Swords and Tekken Revolution.

And this only shows how easy would be for Bamco to at least try to save the game pulling Talim, Zazalamel and Taki models and styles (Taki could be a skin) from SCIV like they did in Lost Swords but without being in a shit f2p game.

Christ they'll let anybody on Holla Forums these days.

This needs to be a thing.

pic related

GI is better than ever before since now it can protect you against mixups, which is exactly why it costs meter. This also limits how much you can use it, and along with JG, BE, and guard breaks it discourages the turtling that plagued competitive play since SCII.

This kills Soul Calibur.

It is. But Dolphin is nice when I wanna fuck my friends' shit up at SC2.

I want a good SC…

Step it up Holla Forums!

Soul Calibur thread and qt's?

Ivy is best SC girl.

I noticed this same thing the very first time I tried out SC3. One of Siegfrieds swords looks exactly like Guts' signature weapon, too. Siegfrieds mannerisms are very reminiscent of Guts's.

I need moar Ivy. There's not enough porn of her.

Not only Guts and Seigfried either.

In Berserk we have the God Hand, a group of almost omnipotent apostles and serve as one of the main antagonists of the series.
In Soulcalibur 1 there was a group known as Schwarzstrom and was comprised of Nightmare, Astaroth, Aeon (Lizardman) and Ivy that serve as the main antagonists of the game.
Although Schwarzstrom only has four members, we can also consider the soul edge sword to be it's fifth, given that it has it's own sentience.
I like to think that Ivy mirrors Slan with her skimpy outfit.

As for the overall big bad in their respective series, well in Berserk, we have the idea of evil, and we have Inferno (spirit of soul edge) for Soulcalibur.
Both have been created through the collective of negative human emotions through countless was and bloodshed.
Although the series is far from implying that Inferno has some form of control over causality, it has caused most, if not all of the tragedies that had occurred through out the series.

Another similarity is that Griffith and soul edge, being the main antagonists of their respective series, have their own kingdoms. (Griffith - Falconia / soul edge - Ostrheinsburg)

for the big bad of Soulcalibur, I'm not sure if it's Inferno or Night Terror, since the wiki states that they are different entities

I always thought Siegfried and Arthas(from Warcraft) stories were based on some old lore/book/something because they're basically the same.

Well, Siegfried got better.

Also Best Girl is obviously Cassandra. Breaking evil swords that ruins families transcending history and the world a tale of souls and swords eternally retold.

There's no real scheming villain in Soul Calibur(well, maybe Tira but you know what I meant). But Night Terror is what a true End Boss would be for the series being the personification of Astral Chaos itself. The swords (Inferno and Elysium) are just tools messing with people's heads (and souls).

Most likely, hell, the first time I saw Cervantes, the first thing that pop in my mind was Captain Hook from Peter Pan.

Soul Calibur was created from a purified fragment of Soul Edge, originally there was only one sword, Soul Edge uses it's wielder not the other way around (unless you were Algol).
And though Soul Calibur doesn't posses it's wielder, it's shown to be capable of that as well.
Even if the swords were broken, as long as their spirits remain in the astral world, they'll continue to manifest in the physical world again and again.
So I can't call them tools since it's them controlling their users, and there doesn't seem to be anyone else who's controlling their actions or manipulating them from behind the scenes, as they already seem to be doing that (unless we count Tira).
Also, Soul Edge is the reason Ivy exists in the first place, while in control of Cervantes's body, raped the daughter of an inn keeper with the intention to use the child as a spare vessel in case Cervantes's body was no longer useful, and also indirectly caused the resurrection of Cervantes, caused the evil seed that drove people insane world wide and set free the spirits and demons that were either trapped or in slumber, gets Phyrra to rip open a portal to the astral world, manipulates the politics of the land to gain control of Ostrheinsburg where it spreads it's roots to make the entire city it's vessel so that it can one day consume all the souls of it's inhabitants.

The thing I don't get with Night Terror is that, it's mentioned that it has existed since ancient times, but it also states that it was created by gathering and merging all the pieces of Soul Edge including Soul Calibur, so I guess Night Terror is the combination of Inferno and Elysium? I'm not really sure.

For fucks sake Cervantes, you're a pirate! Just admit it!

Nigga, she just wanted to retrieve her aunt back from spirit sword limbo I wish ;_;
That was more Tira's fault than the sword. But I admit the "use Pyrrha's body because she has a shard/memory/just the daughter of the previous holy knight that helped destroy a previous host" was a bit too ironic for just a evil sword who only wants to eat souls.

I think it's just the sword influence with "GIVE ME SOULS" and Raphael Graf Dumas just thought on the best way to do it being an aristocrat. But I agree he was brainwashed as a host.

As for Inferno/Elysium, they're just the avatars of the sword's will. The lore from IV (as far as I remember) says that Soul Edge was forged a long time ago and after many battles with bloodshed fueled by hatred it started to manifest a will of its own (this also looks like inspired by some old lore/story) corrupting the owner of the sword before Algol wielded.
So I guess the sword it's just the "human world" manifestation of Night Terror that lives in the Astral Chaos since the ancient times. So in a way, maybe he can only travel to/manifests in the "human world" when all the pieces and shards of Soul Edge and Calibur together.

Consider they have Algol planned since at least Soul Calibur II, that might be and endgame planned for years.

It just make me sad that if the series is not dead, they'll continue the story with some kind of retcon to bring Sophtia if the faggot of Lost Swords is on board for the next game or they'll just release some mobile/f2p thing again. Also backpedal on the gameplay improvements that I and said previously to satisfy some bearded old guy

I wouldn't be surprised if the sword's intelligence depends on it's wielder.

It really is a shame the direction the series is heading to as I really wanna see some of the old characters make a come back.
Hwang, Li Long, Xianghua, Taki, Seong Mina, etc.
Given that Namco has a policy that they don't put female characters pass the age of 30 in their games unless they somehow stop aging.

I never knew this until now.

Then again, I didn't mess with the character creators much.

I don't think it was evil. What I got from Soul Calibur V was it reminded me of SMT: Strange Journey's ending on the DS.

Either, have complete chaos with free will with no rules to keep it in check and the chaos takes over the world.

Or you have complete order, no crime, no murders, no wars, etc. following the word of a holy artifact, but you lose your free will and do whatever the sword commands.

In the end Pyrrha and Patroklos went with the balanced route to keep everything balance or whatever.

They could always go for the Mortal Kombat/Blazblue route and tell "old" stories with the previous characters. Like how Kilik left Xianghua aiming for the path of the Edge Master and you can have all the koreans back in the game even if they share the same style as the new characters. Taki used a shard of Soul Edge in one of her swords so she can have the "curse" of being young and beautiful forever.

Didn't they just destroyed both swords because they already fucked enough with their lives?

Well, Soul Edge doesn't want just chaos. It wants chaos to generate more battles, despair and things like that so it can consume more souls and grow more powerful.

Soul Calibur's idea is pretty much like you said by Siegfried's ending in IV and what Elysium wanted.

You would be impressed of what it can do. And after that, you can even use a save editor to go crazy with ideas. And use DLC parts and Dampierre

I just want Taki, Xianghua and Seung Mina back.
Lexia can go to astral chaos