Black Desert Online

Valencia is finally out Edition

PASTEBIN
Contains a lot of information, so read it before asking questions.

pastebin.com/ncdNuZRk (view BDO Bible for anything not covered)

PATCH NOTES (JUNE 29TH)
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/97879-patch-notes-june-29th/

GUIDES
BDFoundry List of Guides: blackdesertfoundry.com/list-of-guides/
An autists who makes good videos: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIDj0gsjp3BL4uF467prHKFJdLpou2E- BOOPERS

IMPORTANT LINKS
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome (may be outdated)
Skill Calc: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Map: blackdeserttome.com/map/
BDO Bible (search for shit here before asking): docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

GUILD INFORMATION PLEASE READ
pastebin.com/6TmXE1qD

DISCORD
I have been strongarmed into using Discord, therefore that is our official 3rd party form of communication. You will have to message an officer on channel so you can be verified to see main channels.
discord.gg/0qBfvc6az6AMcOvx (perm link)

WAIFU TEMPLATES
calpheonline.com/

bdotemplates.com/

malv suks

stop torturing yourselves

lol

p2w?

Oh cool, a black desert thread.

So I havent played this game in… months…. and I booted up the game the other day. After an hour or so of patching I finally got in and noticed they added a new class, that uses a sword and hornbow (I think it's called a Maewha?? or something)

I made a new character of that class and had fun beating up starting zone mobs, but realized quickly that much of everything else was still the same. Slow leveling past 10, extremely complex node system, pay to win ghilie suits still pretty much everywhere.

Oh, and the Holla Forums overflow guild I was in kicked me out at some point. So there's that too.

Yes
Very

(checked)
How much is the game's cost again?

Honestly it should be free to play. The gameplay is TERA-lite/Blade&Soulish with very little pve and a huge focus on endgame pvp. The premium items though actually DO affect gameplay and you can only get them with actual dosh, which is bullshit for a game you're shelling out 40 bucks for.

At the end of the day it's just another Korean mmo grindfest that you have to pay to even be able to play, and then pay even more to stay competitive with everyone else. I'm honestly starting to regret listening to you guys on Holla Forums who recommended this shit in the first place.

I never played the game but thanks for the info, I know a guy who bought the game and now I'm gonna go ahead and laugh at him.

Cheers!

Looks like my computer would die even if I put it on lowest settings…

oh please dont lie
the first closed beta was pvp focused. it had A LOT more freedom with pvp. BD as it is now is just a grindan simulator. Theres no reason to kill any other player other than if they're in your grindan spot since you can only rarely loot anyone, not like matters since most people will just use low level alts to trade goods, but who cares since you cant even steal those goods. If you do find someone to kill/fight you're excessively punished for it anyway.

Buy.

Maewha is shit.

No, you're either retarded or delusional. We have had an ~120% combat exp increase.

Look at guides in OP. If you still can't understand it, then you're an absolute idiot.

They were never p2w to begin with. All it does is allow you to fuck with people without them declaring on your guild. Not to mention they disabled their functionality in Red Battlefield, Node Wars, and somewhere else. Can't remember.

They merged with the main guild, ITC.

shit game with no endgame, garbage gear progression, disgusting amounts of rng and total lack of balance

Agreed. They are p2w. Does it heavily affect gameplay? No.

p2w, yes. I don't really like them. Though I've had no issues getting rare drops without them, as have many others.

Ghillie. Not p2w. No where near invisible. Recently nerfed to not work in RBF and Node Wars.

Pretty gay. It's whatever.

This is true. Honestly over it, though. They've added in some costumes you can craft, and they're planning to add more.

No. Get jukeboxes.

You can craft one. Not to mention energy isn't an issue. Any processing under L doesn't require it anymore. Cooking and alchemy will probably follow as well. Plus you will probably AFK train something, which will regent your energy.

We had an event for Maewha to get a free pet. We're literally right now having an event for a free penguin.

They gave us 3 free slots when they releases Musa and Maewha. They will more than likely give us more.

Genuinely gay, yes.

They're redoing that entirely. You can buy full resets for 1 loyalty.

It's gay. Though affects virtually nothing. There are no stamina increases other than costume.

It's whatever. You can get a lot of inventory slots from quests. Warehouse space is eh.

what advantage? no, seriously, what? people cant see what guild youre in? lmfao. everyone has long since learned to play with/against ghilie suits. with their recent nerf theyre only useful for open world pvp which means nothing.

not just ghillie suits, in general, there's a ton of Pay 2 win.
Horse resets, knowledge accessories, underarmor nonsense.

look

yes thanks for confirming it's still pay 2 win

never said it didnt have p2w elements. i said ghillie is not p2w.

Ghillies are still a clear advantage when ganking people.

not really.

Is there any other way to hide your nameplate in open world ganking?
No?
Okay it's a clear advantage then

no. but how does that give an advantage? we've been in many open world skirmishes, and ghillies have never been an issue.

You can't declare war on their guild, so it lets you gank pretty freely.
Especially as the game's completely gear/level based more than skill.

It's an (although small) advantage that's locked to the cash shop, it's pay 2 win

game's shit. anyone who might want to know if it's good, the answer is no.

friend got it when it was released, gave me the free code thing, we both stopped playing after a couple days. and you can't get a refund.

if you gank freely, then karma comes in to place. if you die with negative karma you lose exp, item enhance levels+gems. and dying to a PK now does not make you lose exp like it used to. unless you are negative karma. not to mention if someone is easily killing a lot of people, then they are more than likely on the rankings which shows their guild, or lack there of

charge back you retard

It's still an advantage

didn't work for him.

I should also say the only ones that still play it are cucks with buyer's remorse, as witnessed on forums and the various threads that pop up. basically no better than nintendrones or bethesda shills.

ganking freely to get negative karma and potentially lose costly enhancements+gems is an advantage. ok

how did it work? good banks pretty much always side with their clients. never had an issue with mine, even with bullshit reasons. also youre gay

Except it's a clear advantage if you're going to do it anyways.

actually yes, crouching does that too i believe BUT you also move at what, half speed crouching?

being decced on is better than going negative karma, because then you can kill people to your heart's content with no penalties whatsoever. the same cannot be said for pks

90% of this game is grindan, costumes literally help you grind better from more damage to more xp, to less penalties for dying to easier access to "hidden" quests
Too bad the costumes dont give the same advantages as the paid ones
chandeliers
please, easy afk money is relevant
yes an the one you buy gives 3/min and the craftable one gives 2/min, and you can still use it for all the other stuff that requires energy

wow all that 2 free pets while people that bought them are playing that rng pet breeding for their perfect pet
yea buts thats a universal 3 slots, paying people can still get more, thus another 2? idle character getting energy
Wow it only took them what, a year?
Still costs loyalty thats better spent on boss scrolls
Doenst change the fact someone can pay to get it all at once
oh then i messed up i should have put it up there with costumes
Doenst change the fact someone can pay to get it all at once
You still have a weight limit, you have to put stuff in storage if your planning to craft, not having to use CP to get a bunch of space is p2w

BD is just another p2w korean grindan mmo this time with a prettier skin. it amazes me tat people will still defend it

Is this the single most horrible game/company of all time, Holla Forums? I was already relucant to buy because of the full-pvp gameplay style, but I went ahead anyway because it's the only "next-gen MMO" I could use my fucking gtx 1080 on. By this thread it sounds like it wasn't even that good anyway.

P2W korean MMO, y'all niggas gon get burned

I put this on the back burner for awhile. I believe the game to still be mostly incomplete. It also still suffers from the developers thinking stats need to be obfuscated.
Take it from one of the good goys, the game is marginally p2w. You don't need the stuff, but you bet your ass some of the stuff you can buy greatly conveniences your grind, like the cumulative 300 extra weight limit. I would also keep in mind all this p2w stuff doesn't matter a lick if you're a 4am-10am EST player since literally nobody plays on those times giving you free range on good grinding spots. Personally I never had a problem with the ghillie suit; it only ever hid your name, not your mini map presence. If they were a member of a guild 26th which you at war they'd be highlighted red anyways. Either way you can't tell if someone is pvp toggled.

Let the patcher run through the file check.
If that doesn't work, delete version .dat in the installation folder.

It's a simple error with an easy fix, the threads you were looking at were in reguards to ram crashes during gameplay, which are more often than not caused by bad ram segments.

You seriously think I didn't fucking try that, fuck you asshole

There WASN'T EVEN a version.dat folder in my copy, it had been prechanged to config.filecheck

Well Daum EU IS a mobile company

The fuck else am I supposed to assume?
If there isnt a version.dat the patcher runs a file check which should fix the problem, if it still doesn't work it could be the patcher itself, which is easily replaced.
If you are still having problems, just fucking remove everything and try a fresh install.
Beyond that you run into the possibility of bad HDD segments.