Black Desert Online

Aiden Clark
Aiden Clark

Valencia is finally out Edition

PASTEBIN
Contains a lot of information, so read it before asking questions.

pastebin.com/ncdNuZRk (view BDO Bible for anything not covered)

PATCH NOTES (JUNE 29TH)
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/97879-patch-notes-june-29th/

GUIDES
BDFoundry List of Guides: blackdesertfoundry.com/list-of-guides/
An autists who makes good videos: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIDj0gsjp3BL4uF467prHKFJdLpou2E- BOOPERS

IMPORTANT LINKS
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome (may be outdated)
Skill Calc: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Map: blackdeserttome.com/map/
BDO Bible (search for shit here before asking): docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

GUILD INFORMATION PLEASE READ
pastebin.com/6TmXE1qD

DISCORD
I have been strongarmed into using Discord, therefore that is our official 3rd party form of communication. You will have to message an officer on channel so you can be verified to see main channels.
discord.gg/0qBfvc6az6AMcOvx (perm link)

WAIFU TEMPLATES
calpheonline.com/

bdotemplates.com/

All urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ncdNuZRk
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/97879-patch-notes-june-29th/
blackdesertfoundry.com/list-of-guides/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIDj0gsjp3BL4uF467prHKFJdLpou2E-
blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
blackdeserttome.com/calculator
blackdeserttome.com/map/
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E
pastebin.com/6TmXE1qD
discord.gg/0qBfvc6az6AMcOvx
calpheonline.com/
bdotemplates.com/

Jack Rivera
Jack Rivera

malv suks

Jason Edwards
Jason Edwards

stop torturing yourselves

Wyatt Wood
Wyatt Wood

lol

Ian Kelly
Ian Kelly

p2w?

Ian Brooks
Ian Brooks

Oh cool, a black desert thread.

So I havent played this game in… months…. and I booted up the game the other day. After an hour or so of patching I finally got in and noticed they added a new class, that uses a sword and hornbow (I think it's called a Maewha?? or something)

I made a new character of that class and had fun beating up starting zone mobs, but realized quickly that much of everything else was still the same. Slow leveling past 10, extremely complex node system, pay to win ghilie suits still pretty much everywhere.

Oh, and the Holla Forums overflow guild I was in kicked me out at some point. So there's that too.

Ethan Brooks
Ethan Brooks

Yes
Very
costumes are C$ only an give stats 10% more xp/more amity/less death penalty/+luck/higher jump/higher chance at gaining knowledge from killing something/higher chance at S rank knowledge when gaining knowledge which leads to a lot more damage & rumored better drops/see farther/can hide nametag without crouching, and effectively invisible in grassy areas
horses can have costumes too ontop of armor
there are 3 different looking armors you can get playing for free
the best space/point ratio for home items come from the C$
the more points you have the better return you get from the investment banking node
C$ only bed that gives you more energy
pets are c$ only and theres even a pet breeding minigame
pets autoloot, warn you about hostile players nearby, warn about rare spawns nearby, and nerby gathering spots
horses breeding reset/deathcount reset
more character slots so more character gaining idle energy which can be dumped into leveling nodes
Skill point reset is C$ for the line/full reset while you can spend loyalty points for single point resets
weight limit/stamina increase
extra storage w/o needing to buy a home with contribution points

Thomas Anderson
Thomas Anderson

(checked)
How much is the game's cost again?

Connor Phillips
Connor Phillips

Honestly it should be free to play. The gameplay is TERA-lite/Blade&Soulish with very little pve and a huge focus on endgame pvp. The premium items though actually DO affect gameplay and you can only get them with actual dosh, which is bullshit for a game you're shelling out 40 bucks for.

At the end of the day it's just another Korean mmo grindfest that you have to pay to even be able to play, and then pay even more to stay competitive with everyone else. I'm honestly starting to regret listening to you guys on Holla Forums who recommended this shit in the first place.

Evan Clark
Evan Clark

I never played the game but thanks for the info, I know a guy who bought the game and now I'm gonna go ahead and laugh at him.

Cheers!

Juan Gomez
Juan Gomez

Looks like my computer would die even if I put it on lowest settings…

Hudson James
Hudson James

a huge focus on endgame pvp.
oh please dont lie
the first closed beta was pvp focused. it had A LOT more freedom with pvp. BD as it is now is just a grindan simulator. Theres no reason to kill any other player other than if they're in your grindan spot since you can only rarely loot anyone, not like matters since most people will just use low level alts to trade goods, but who cares since you cant even steal those goods. If you do find someone to kill/fight you're excessively punished for it anyway.

Camden Walker
Camden Walker

Yes
Very
Buy.

Daniel Jenkins
Daniel Jenkins

Maewha is shit.

slow leveling past 10
No, you're either retarded or delusional. We have had an ~120% combat exp increase.

complex node system
Look at guides in OP. If you still can't understand it, then you're an absolute idiot.

p2w ghillie suits
They were never p2w to begin with. All it does is allow you to fuck with people without them declaring on your guild. Not to mention they disabled their functionality in Red Battlefield, Node Wars, and somewhere else. Can't remember.

kicked from SMUG
They merged with the main guild, ITC.

Xavier Phillips
Xavier Phillips

shit game with no endgame, garbage gear progression, disgusting amounts of rng and total lack of balance

Sebastian Cook
Sebastian Cook

costumes
Agreed. They are p2w. Does it heavily affect gameplay? No.

knowledge accessories
p2w, yes. I don't really like them. Though I've had no issues getting rare drops without them, as have many others.

effectively invisible
Ghillie. Not p2w. No where near invisible. Recently nerfed to not work in RBF and Node Wars.

horses
Pretty gay. It's whatever.

armor variation
This is true. Honestly over it, though. They've added in some costumes you can craft, and they're planning to add more.

house shit
No. Get jukeboxes.
implying it's relevant to begin with

bed
You can craft one. Not to mention energy isn't an issue. Any processing under L doesn't require it anymore. Cooking and alchemy will probably follow as well. Plus you will probably AFK train something, which will regent your energy.

pets
We had an event for Maewha to get a free pet. We're literally right now having an event for a free penguin.

character slots
They gave us 3 free slots when they releases Musa and Maewha. They will more than likely give us more.

horse resets
Genuinely gay, yes.

skill resets
They're redoing that entirely. You can buy full resets for 1 loyalty.

weight increase
It's gay. Though affects virtually nothing. There are no stamina increases other than costume.
implying it's hard to level stamina

storage
It's whatever. You can get a lot of inventory slots from quests. Warehouse space is eh.

Ian Roberts
Ian Roberts

it's not pay 2 win, it just lets them have a clear advantage that you can only get by paying!

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

what advantage? no, seriously, what? people cant see what guild youre in? lmfao. everyone has long since learned to play with/against ghilie suits. with their recent nerf theyre only useful for open world pvp which means nothing.

Eli Taylor
Eli Taylor

not just ghillie suits, in general, there's a ton of Pay 2 win.
Horse resets, knowledge accessories, underarmor nonsense.

Jordan Thomas
Jordan Thomas

look

Christian Young
Christian Young

yes thanks for confirming it's still pay 2 win

Landon Smith
Landon Smith

never said it didnt have p2w elements. i said ghillie is not p2w.

Levi Fisher
Levi Fisher

Ghillies are still a clear advantage when ganking people.

John Fisher
John Fisher

not really.

Levi Murphy
Levi Murphy

Is there any other way to hide your nameplate in open world ganking?
No?
Okay it's a clear advantage then

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

no. but how does that give an advantage? we've been in many open world skirmishes, and ghillies have never been an issue.

Chase Garcia
Chase Garcia

You can't declare war on their guild, so it lets you gank pretty freely.
Especially as the game's completely gear/level based more than skill.

It's an (although small) advantage that's locked to the cash shop, it's pay 2 win

Dylan Garcia
Dylan Garcia

game's shit. anyone who might want to know if it's good, the answer is no.

friend got it when it was released, gave me the free code thing, we both stopped playing after a couple days. and you can't get a refund.

Carson Hernandez
Carson Hernandez

if you gank freely, then karma comes in to place. if you die with negative karma you lose exp, item enhance levels+gems. and dying to a PK now does not make you lose exp like it used to. unless you are negative karma. not to mention if someone is easily killing a lot of people, then they are more than likely on the rankings which shows their guild, or lack there of

Levi Parker
Levi Parker

charge back you retard

Sebastian Sullivan
Sebastian Sullivan

It's still an advantage

Levi Brooks
Levi Brooks

didn't work for him.

I should also say the only ones that still play it are cucks with buyer's remorse, as witnessed on forums and the various threads that pop up. basically no better than nintendrones or bethesda shills.

John Lopez
John Lopez

ganking freely to get negative karma and potentially lose costly enhancements+gems is an advantage. ok

how did it work? good banks pretty much always side with their clients. never had an issue with mine, even with bullshit reasons. also youre gay

Sebastian Reed
Sebastian Reed

Except it's a clear advantage if you're going to do it anyways.
well I can show my nameplate and get potentially get war declared on me
or for $$$ I can remove that risk and instead gank to my hearts content and suffer the same normal penalties minus the guild war aspect.

Josiah Wilson
Josiah Wilson

Is there any other way to hide your nameplate in open world ganking?
actually yes, crouching does that too i believe BUT you also move at what, half speed crouching?

Alexander King
Alexander King

being decced on is better than going negative karma, because then you can kill people to your heart's content with no penalties whatsoever. the same cannot be said for pks

Nolan Cook
Nolan Cook

Agreed. They are p2w. Does it heavily affect gameplay? No.
all those advantages
not affecting gameplay
90% of this game is grindan, costumes literally help you grind better from more damage to more xp, to less penalties for dying to easier access to "hidden" quests
This is true. Honestly over it, though. They've added in some costumes you can craft, and they're planning to add more.
Too bad the costumes dont give the same advantages as the paid ones
No. Get jukeboxes.
chandeliers
implying it's relevant to begin with
please, easy afk money is relevant
You can craft one. Not to mention energy isn't an issue. Any processing under L doesn't require it anymore. Cooking and alchemy will probably follow as well. Plus you will probably AFK train something, which will regent your energy.
yes an the one you buy gives 3/min and the craftable one gives 2/min, and you can still use it for all the other stuff that requires energy

We had an event for Maewha to get a free pet. We're literally right now having an event for a free penguin.
wow all that 2 free pets while people that bought them are playing that rng pet breeding for their perfect pet
They gave us 3 free slots when they releases Musa and Maewha. They will more than likely give us more.
yea buts thats a universal 3 slots, paying people can still get more, thus another 2? idle character getting energy
They're redoing that entirely. You can buy full resets for 1 loyalty.
Wow it only took them what, a year?
Still costs loyalty thats better spent on boss scrolls
It's gay. Though affects virtually nothing. There are no stamina increases other than costume.
Doenst change the fact someone can pay to get it all at once
oh then i messed up i should have put it up there with costumes
implying it's hard to level stamina
Doenst change the fact someone can pay to get it all at once
It's whatever. You can get a lot of inventory slots from quests. Warehouse space is eh.
You still have a weight limit, you have to put stuff in storage if your planning to craft, not having to use CP to get a bunch of space is p2w

BD is just another p2w korean grindan mmo this time with a prettier skin. it amazes me tat people will still defend it

Bentley Garcia
Bentley Garcia

Buy this game a week ago
Patcher gets stuck on a "corrupted file" preventing me from playing the game
Scour the forums for answers, nothing works
Contact tech support, nothing works
They have the niggerfucking audacity to say its peoples' "RAM cards" even though I just bought brand new RAM for my brand new PC and it works perfectly on every other game
They put that out as an official statement and call it a day, with not so much as an apology
After 3 days of trying, and expecting a hotfix, I eventually demand a refund, saying that I paid for a game not an error message and that they were guilty of false advertising

Check the patch notes today
Zero mention of any attempt to fix this objectively not-fixed issue
Still no mention of my refund in my credit card statement, despite it being promised

Is this the single most horrible game/company of all time, Holla Forums? I was already relucant to buy because of the full-pvp gameplay style, but I went ahead anyway because it's the only "next-gen MMO" I could use my fucking gtx 1080 on. By this thread it sounds like it wasn't even that good anyway.

Parker Wood
Parker Wood

P2W korean MMO, y'all niggas gon get burned

Adrian Mitchell
Adrian Mitchell

I put this on the back burner for awhile. I believe the game to still be mostly incomplete. It also still suffers from the developers thinking stats need to be obfuscated.
Take it from one of the good goys, the game is marginally p2w. You don't need the stuff, but you bet your ass some of the stuff you can buy greatly conveniences your grind, like the cumulative 300 extra weight limit. I would also keep in mind all this p2w stuff doesn't matter a lick if you're a 4am-10am EST player since literally nobody plays on those times giving you free range on good grinding spots. Personally I never had a problem with the ghillie suit; it only ever hid your name, not your mini map presence. If they were a member of a guild 26th which you at war they'd be highlighted red anyways. Either way you can't tell if someone is pvp toggled.

Easton White
Easton White

Let the patcher run through the file check.
If that doesn't work, delete version .dat in the installation folder.

It's a simple error with an easy fix, the threads you were looking at were in reguards to ram crashes during gameplay, which are more often than not caused by bad ram segments.

Grayson Taylor
Grayson Taylor

You seriously think I didn't fucking try that, fuck you asshole

There WASN'T EVEN a version.dat folder in my copy, it had been prechanged to config.filecheck

Lincoln Bennett
Lincoln Bennett

Well Daum EU IS a mobile company

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Bitch about a technical problem a hundred niggas are complaining about
Complain the fix for a completely different problem doesn't fix it

The fuck else am I supposed to assume?
If there isnt a version.dat the patcher runs a file check which should fix the problem, if it still doesn't work it could be the patcher itself, which is easily replaced.
If you are still having problems, just fucking remove everything and try a fresh install.
Beyond that you run into the possibility of bad HDD segments.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit