Conquest of Bread

Is this as hard to read as Das Kapital? (I could barely get past a few pages)

it's very easy to read and very comfy, it's a great book

what did he mean by this?

Nigga it was written in the 1800's

not hard but theoretically unsound

shut up racist
>>>/idpol/

uwot

Go make that decision, brave warrior!

No it's actually quite the contrary.

So is it kind of written for proles? Das Kapital seems like it's written for people with PHD's in economics, sociology and history

It's easy to read and you should read it.

k

It may be hard to wrap your head around if you've become convinced that the class struggle is exclusive to an economic perspective. It's really important to discard that notion imo, otherwise one would just repeat tankie mistakes over and over in which they focus on an economic perspective and miss the destruction of the artificial power distribution that allowed the bourgeoisie to exist in the first place.

Not even Stalin was that retarded.

But I'm scared

Don't be.

this

more like muh STRAWMEN

What

Absolutely.

No actually, is correct.

The difference is this: Marxist perspective is that exploitation begins as soon surplus labor is produced, Proudhonian perspective is that exploitation begins as soon as private property is instituted.

Private property is not directly linked with surplus labor, it CAN be, but it doesn't have to be, but it's still exploitation either way.

I honestly thought it was pretty easy bruh.

How old are you/ what education level?

English isn't my native language, and I found it far easier to read than Das Kapital.

Didn't find it as riggorous in its theory though. Theres a bunch of assumptions being made throughout the book that aren't put to the test.

Yeah, in Capital.

You are aware that Capital is a critique (i.e. thorough analysis) of capitalism right? It's not concerned with other areas of life, and most certainly not because of moralizing reasons.

ofc
I'm not making this a moralist argument, either. Did my post seem that way?

No, I think he wrote it so normies would be able to understand it just fine.

It's pretty easy to read. A lot shorter then Kapital (it's also a lot less in-depth and imo less interesting). He has some really good ideas and he has some that seem impractical/irresponsible/dangerous.

Would recommend as an entry-level type of book, but if you've read Kapital I'm not sure how much more you'd get out of it other than a couple tangential topics.

Thanks comrades