Freedom Planet

Was it the right decision for GalaxyTrail to add the villain from another world aspect to Freedom Planet 1? Was it also correct for the villain to be so based on technology in constrast to green nature? ala Avatar, ala Pocahontas.
Why not just start off with the story and theme of FP 2 placed into 1, and keep the alien villain for the sequel?

freedomplanet.wikia.com/wiki/Sash_Lilac
youtube.com/watch?v=6ETRyypWIuM

In my opinion it would have been much more interesting and better to focus all the world building and story solely on the world of Avalice, the three nations, the characters hurdles and Lilac+Carol's lifes as mercenary ninjas living off stealing. Without using an Alien to scapegoat everything and make the 3 otherwise hated nations join together in harmony over a common foe.

It seems like Freedom Planet had a huge amount of backstory which could have been used as content for the game, but it got scrapped solely to focus on the OC Donut Steel( lord Brevon) the action platformer bullshit of Ristar and Sonic, instead of going more for Shantae and Dust Elysian Tail, but without the power creep. The characters should get new abilities based on how far into the level you are. If you are on the final dreadnaught then you should automatically get some new abilities and life, without any major input from you.

go away deviantart

what the fuck is this gayfur shit

Freedom Planet's story was shit. The epitome of trying too hard. They shouldn't have wasted the effort to make 10-minute-long unskippable cutscenes with godawful voice acting and fanfiction-tier writing when a handful of short scripted sequences between levels and MAYBE opening and ending cutscenes would have served just as well in getting the player emotionally invested (see Sonic 3 and every other game on the Genesis that FP is supposedly inspired by).

New style is shit.

It was an excuse to have cool mechanical enemies and neat science shit as obstacles. Sorry it didn't give you much to work with for your sprite comic .

Look, I know you want a brown furry waifu, but Shantae's gameplay is fundamentally flawed in that different forms only exist for mobility. You know why Pirate's Curse is the best game? Because it gives you access to all of your abilities at the same time so you can juggle them however you want. Also fuck the entire metriodvania design philosophy. Backtracking in a platformer is rarely fun or interesting, areas are only fun if they are designed with respect to all of the player's abilities.

Impossible. New abilities will always outshine old ones outside of very specific situations.

Freedom Planet was VERY good at what it was trying to do. Serious question, have you ever actually played a platformer?

shitty furry game

yife

You miss the point. Yes classic mode is the superior option to the existing story mode, but a short 30 second cut scene in between each level could have added something nice to the game. They just went way WAY too far with it.

FP owes a lot more of its DNA to Saturn platformers, to be honest

You missed out. The story might be cringy at times but it has great moments and gives a few parts of a few stages more impact.

I thought the story had enough good stuff in it to make worth doing.

For fuck's sake. Confirmed for not playing the game.
Press the pause button during any scene and you got not one, but TWO skip options: Skip this scene, and skip all scenes until the next level.

Scenes were meh (especially the banquet over at Chinatown level) but at least they were skippable.

Freedom Planet sucks.

i regret even pirating it.

the moment i uninstalled it and deleted any trace of it from my computer was in the very first "cutscene", when the pixel bearded man starts talking, because pixel games DEFINITELY needed fucking voiceovers.

absolute shit, its the kind of crap that should go on mobile for normalfags and stacys who haven't played a single game in their lives.

reminder the content promised on kickstarter is getting shoved into dlc

reminder the dev's an sjw

the pixel art was rough and unpolished, yes, so shit considering how overrated, but it was pixel art nonetheless. So what do you mean by

You know the DLC is going be free and it doesn't really matter if the dev is an sjw or not if the game is good.

I seem much worse pixel art for indies and the game actually looks great like the mall level or the ice stage.

I don't know how the boss battles are terribly design. Last boss is actually pretty hard

Cringy voice acting? for an indie game that cost less than $50,000 and it still sounds better than mighty no 9.

Have you played any megaman games like X7 or command mission, or somthing truly shit like mighty no 9

you know what also sounds better

no voice actors

also if you have to bring mn9 up to try and prop up this game you're just making it look shittier

You mean like if you're playing Classic mode? An option that's been there from day 1, but people choose to ignore it, so they can whine about the acting?

Oh I'm sorry if people want to judge the game by the entirety of it's content

If you don't like a part of a thing, why would you willingly subject yourself to it, when there's multiple ways to avoid it? Like skipping cutscenes, or playing Classic Mode.

Because you want to "experience" the story? Why? So you can bitch about it online? From how you're speaking it's clear you didn't even want to take it seriously at any point.

I really liked FP

By what standards? This isn't like fucking Undercuck where the art looks lazy as shit.

Play on a harder difficulty then

I'll give you that

Hardly

Yeah, no.

Nice opinion btw

your notion of "taking it seriously" is edgy 12-year old gore with a sonic, then. got it

I guess people haven't played the game and also anything furry or mascot related is bound to get shit on no matter if it's good or bad, especially on chans or certain unmentioned sites.

Moving on, I really like the soundtrack. I couldn't find a bad song

I'm really glad I have the ability to enjoy things. Also, "Gore"? You mean when some of Lilac's scales fall off? Can it be gore if there's no blood or loss of limbs or anything?

If you'd actually played it, you'd know that it's not much of 'a sonic' at all. There's much more varied gameplay.

It's really sad that devs won't make games that has a furry or at least non-human main character anymore out of fear of being considered a furfag game. It's fucking bullshit, I don't give a shit about your realistic characters with "muh emotions" and diversity or whatever other bullshit you wanna throw in there.

Lurkers just echo criticism from other anons. I wouldn't be bugged by it.

oh I'm sorry, the literal sonic fancharacters aren't sonics, of course. I haven't even mentioned the gameplay at any point you idiot.

pixel art wise is Sega Saturn level and background art actually has a lot of detail that doesn't look pasted in or bad.

Storywise the game is simple and to the point, but only edgy thing is the gore and torture scene.

Voice acting is not great but is not ps1 - ps2 era sonic and megaman quality

Gameplay wise is fun and fast romp, with gameplay out of somthing from genesis platformers like rocket knight adventures, sonic, and ristar.

Boss are fun and easy once the pattern is known.

How was I supposed to know what you meant by 'a sonic'? That's not even proper English.