Pokemon thread

Are you okay with Greninja being the most popular Pokemon?

If not, who do you think deserves to be number 1?

If you're going to ask who's the least popular, its Simisear.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe
psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-389506346
youtube.com/watch?v=-AmjWo_ctgY
youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2PeOBKpX0
youtube.com/watch?v=982J_7VDIhM
youtube.com/watch?v=TEDu2ruMOaw
youtube.com/watch?v=3zpdtz-Mahc
youtube.com/watch?v=_SnjkiSxFLY
youtube.com/watch?v=lMm_dH0wNrY
dragonflycave.com/favorite.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what
how the fuck did a cool nig like magnemite get in a modern day top 100 poll

Context on this, the japanese branch of tcpi asked fans what pokemon they wanted to have a special distribution, not what their favourite was.
Hence all those fucking legendaries.

by being a cool nig. Everyone loves magnet orb.

Magnemite is a jap meme due to some technique they used involving it to game some online feature in gen 5

pokemon's really let itself go

At least its not Simisear

Ok that makes sense. But if they're asking for distribution why would they ask for legendaries when pkm is having its 20th

Most the top legendaries there are event exclusive so of course people want them. Arceus, Mew, Genesect, Meloetta, Jirachi, Darkrai, Diancie, Hoopa to name just some of the top ones are all unobtainable normally. Gamefreak are an retard.
Meloetta hasn't had a distribution since gen 5 iirc. Quality shit.
What surprises me is people unironically want yet another pikachu event.

Not only that, it has a move it can't get in this gen where greninja got fucking nothing.

Anyone here happy that Charizard or Lucario isn't first place?

Pokemon looks like shit in 3D especially the flying ones.
Gen6 is pretty shitty design wise and even butchered old designs.

True fans just stay with gen5 as long as the pkmn company refuses to improve the series.
In other words they should make gen 6 non canon.

Greninja's only #1 because of SSB4. I'm surprised Pikachu's only #4, and Sylveon made it to #5.

That's how you do it!

Those Japanese 10-year-olds just vote for whatever the latest meme is.

W-well maybe they're not so bad. If he's that popular, hopefully Gamefreak will give him an ability that un-gimps him.

Why are people using him/liking him? I've ran into him a few times and, I kid you not, I kill him before he does a move. What is the strategic value he has? (doubles)

tip top lel.

THEY WUZ KANGZ

Oh man cant wait for the "Hey Guys Greninja is now the Lighting of Pokemon HURRDURR"
"Man I miss charizard being popular HURR DURR"

Watch its gunna happen

BTFO'D

Also Gengar better be on there

What if sets up Greninja for Pokken Tournament DLC

He's mostly just a worse Aerodactyl, except that if the stars align he can do a lot more damage (until he hits 50% HP and gives up).

But I like him because he's a permanently furious dragon-bird with a big fluffy sweater who flails around like a motherfucker to stay in the air. He's got a lot of personality in his sprites and animations.

This is going to be like where we get pandas in France but no Gallic rooster, isn't it?

Considering you got the Three Musketeerdeers in New York, I don't think Gamefreak thinks all that far ahead.

I wish the new starter bug would make up its fucking mind as to what its gimmick is.
Okay, so it's some kind of burrowin-
Wait, so it's electri-
Why does a burrowing grub need to swing around like fucking Spiderman?

I will never be more disappointed. This was the maximum potential for something cool. We already had an effeminate magical fox with Ninetails. We have no neat-o swashbuckler types. Even the 'musketeers' aren't fucking cool sword fighters so much as jousting deer and a MLP ride-along.

I fucking hate normalfags

Why, exactly? Because they're too "overpowered"?
It's a tournament, you're not playing for fun, you're playing to win. God, Smogon is fucking cancerous.

Why? There exists items and moves IN THE FUCKING GAME to counter this. GET GOOD

YES IM MAD

It's in the official rules.
support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe

Just go, user. You're done here. Come back in the next thread.

Why did nobody tell me how ridiculous these things are?

Doesn't mean shit. They adapted the rules from Smogon. It's 99% similar. And again, arbitrary bannings are retarded. Nobody competes for fun, they compete to win.

mein nogger

My favorite is Kabutops, actually, but Porygon2 is now totally up there.

That being said, these rules are still retarded because everyone will be using Mega Rayquaza and Landorus. If there's only a handful of matchups that actually win, what's the point of a tournament for a game with 700 choices?

mon amies

That's what I mean
Trying to force a meta is just cancerous, look at League

There's an "anything goes" ruleset with no bans of anything (except getting the match stuck in an infinite loop)

Let's make this a favorites thread, post who and why.

-A bitch ass ducke
-Defensive as fuck with eviolite
-Has Conversion, Conversion2, Magic Coat and lots of fun moves
-Also has Tri Attack and Recover for viability
-is a bitching duck
-Has trace, one of the funnest abilities in game

-Simple design, like a dark type persian
-Is the only poke that can learn Assist+Copycat+Encore for sick strats
-Even gets prankster as dream ability

You know what Pokeymon I like?

All

There wouldn't need to be a meta if the game was properly balanced. Every pokemon should be viable given the right situation.

-Some nightmare shellfish from the depths of the prehistoric ocean
-Fucking sword arms because I'm secretly 11 years old and that's cool to me
-Gets really fast in water, just like its pokedex entry
-Phenomenal STAB moves AND access to Swords Dance
-Sturdy enough to take a physical hit
-Nearly impossible to deal with if properly setup

-Still the best '96
-Implying I need to explain this

Pokemon is balanced, you fucking scrub.

Please kill yourself

I disagree, user.

Come on, man. You don't have to try to defend it this hard.

Guys I can't stop cumming!

Woah, people actually use Dittos in battle?
I just thought they were good for sex slavery.

my main man Blastoise is there. Cool.

There's some real fine picks in there, too. I miss my main men; Beedrill and Pinsir, though.

When it got its HA, Imposter, it got better.
Imposter activates Transform automaticly when Ditto enters the battle field, so most people run it with a Choice Scarf. It can Revange kill stuff that are weak to themselfs, such as most dragons.

-Cute
-Tentacle ribbons
-Its physical attacks can hit harder than Mega Gardevoir's hyper voice

Too bad its missing some vital moves that it really needs.

It has retaliate and last resort, what more do you want?
All it needs is fake out for the effectively 80 base power insta-flinch

Mostly this for singles

In doubles he has two roles that are brutally overlooked.

The first is that you can use his transform move to copy a friendly pokemon that you buffed out the ass.

The second is that you use him to get around the 1 mega rule. Switch him in on an enemy mega and he copies everything. Except he gets to hold his own item. Nothing is funnier than have a mega mawile fight itself, but you heal halfway through with a berry.

I can get nasty if you are clever with uturn or volt switch. Having a mega scizor and a mega kang on the field at the same time is almost too lame.

I love that little snot ball.

What? Sylveon is fuckin nasty with pixelated hyper voice spam. Pair her with a fake out user and she can end matches before they begin

Zygarde is so fucking hot

I want instant recovery and/or better boosting moves

Max atk Sylveon hits harder with last resort than a max spatk Sylveon does with hyper voice.

Such a shame about his illness though.

Slants prove yet again they have shit tastes in everything.

lets go

Yah but she hits two at once with hyper voice. That's sort of the deal breaker.

Best Pokemon available in the game are used within the format of battle that is used. That's how it's balanced.

You fags keep thinking balance equals "EVERYTHING MUST HAVE THE SAME STATS AND ABILITIES AND NOTHING CAN BE DIFFERENT" which is completely wrong and stupid to think.

Get well soon, Zygarde!

It probably has multiple final evos a la Wurmple. A Bug/Ground and a Bug/Electric.

The swinging thing probably isn't meant to be Tarzan-esque, it's probably means that it has a hanging cocoon stage paired with a subterranean pupa stage.

I usually play 1v1s

I suspected. But in doubles shes a monster as well.

Alternatively, it needs to dig through metal/plastic/concrete to get to power lines and the combination works really well. Which leaves my last explanation of the tree swinging slightly less valid? I dunno shit.

HEY user, YOU FAGGOT, POST YOUR TEAM AND YOUR FAVORITE FORMAT, NOW!

(checked)

Don't worry, I got good word Zygarde will get both YZ and XZ in Gen 12

Fucking Gamefreak, why don't you love the ayy snek?

I haven't played VGC since 2014 but this was a portion of my team. Scarfed Lanturn with Soak and Manectric (with Mega Stone) with Discharge paired well together, and both Amoongus and Ferrothorn were tanky Pokemon that could provide some phazing and status support with Spore/Rage Powder and Leech Seed/T-wave respectively. For Talonflame I elected to go with Quick Guard to keep Fake Outs and other priority users at bay. VGC 2014 was so fun.

Do teams from romhacks count?

Just post it, user.
They are not just fakemon, right?
RIGHT?

Meh, people have shit taste fam, especially Japanland.

They STILL think Kira "Jesus" Yamato is the hottest thing since sliced bread for fucks sake.

I personally think Greninja is rather lame, but hey, i got myself a shiny Froakie by pure accident that i traded for a Arceus becuase of his tard fanbase, so shouldn't complain that much.

battlespot doubles (which generally is the TGC except for this year)
Weavile, Arcanine, Scizor, Nidoking, Dragonite, Sylveon back in XY.

Though now that I am getting back into it (I stopped when ORAS came out), I am thinking Ditto and Golurk are serving important niches and may graduate onto the team. Klefki is also becoming powerful again with the advent of boosting teams. I've been experimenting with infernape since, on paper, he has incredible coverage. But in practice it's just not working.

God, no. I'm playing Blaze Black 2, so it's worth mentioning that Golduck is now Water/Psychic and Serperior is Grass/Dragon.
It's not the best team, but I like them.

Does it has access Draco Meteor?

yes

I don't think so, but it does learn Leaf Storm at level 68

Wow, you know, Contrary and Leaf Storm made Serperior good.
With Dragon Type, all it would need is a fire/rock type for coverage.

Strength is a Rock type move in Blaze Black 2, as you can tell.

It's physical though

Yeah but Strength is a Physical move, although I guess that doesn't really matter in-game

Roserade. Why? Because the one Pokémon I hated more than anything else turned into fucking Tuxedo Mask.

Given that my Serperior has more attack than special attack, that really isn't an issue until like, 20 levels from now.

wheres scolipede on that list? his whole evolution line is my favorite of the past 2 generations

You have good taste in Pokemon, user.

I want to fuck that buge

Good times. BW2 was comfy as fuck.

Why

My team in Blaze Black consists of

Making long-term a team in a Drayano hack is always been hard for me because of all of the Pokemon that became actually good. The only Pokemon I thought got worse was Glalie in my opinion because of the new Ice/Rock type it got.

That is just mean

What the fuck are numbers 6,7 and 8 even?
I'm too genwunner for this shit.

6 is Genesect (Bug/Steel), a 5th gen promo legendary. Speculation has it that it's a Robotic version of Kabutops although nothing has confirmed it.

7th is Rayquaza (Dragon/Flying), a 3rd gen box legend based on the Quetzalcoatl

8th is Zygarde (Ground/Dragon), a 6th gen legend based around the chidren of Loki (Fenrir being the 10% form, Jormungandr being the 50% form seen in the picture and Hel being the 100% form)

Their designs are a tad abstract but I think it's more because they're legendary and trying to make them iconic so they can sell it to little kids down the line.

Promo

Skipped 3rd gen. Twice.

Meme event legendary nobody got

Wowo

6: Genesect, prehistoric bug that was resurected and altered by Team Plasma to be a weapon. Some argue that Genesect was a kabutops before being altered by plasma

7: Rayquaza, A dragon that lives in the Sky, Ozone layer and descends to earth only to stop a pair legendary assholes to destroy the planet, desing wise, it is just a green eastern dragon

8: Zygarde, a legendary snek that cares about the environment. Some argue that it might be based on Nordic mythology
Also, in gen 7 Zyggy will gain the ability to transform into a mecha

such a shame

Same

Beartic became Ice/Fighting.
Do you know how many weaknesses it has?

Beartic is now weak to

Use this for other new type combinations.
psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php

I'm bothered with gyrados and flygon not being the the top ten

At least flygon made it in. Also, what the fuck is with 31 one, some mutated raichu?

Jesus christ. That's pretty terrible.

but that's where the poop comes from, why would you put your mouth on it? Do you enjoy getting sick and dying?

-big-mouthed motherfucking bat
-poison type
-evolves into crobat
-wing attack and confuse ray fucks shit up
-really satisfying after having to level up FUCKING zubat

-big-mouthed motherfucking pitcher plant
-high attack RAZOR LEAF fucks shit up
-poison type is bitchin'

-big motherfucking pokeball with a confident motherfuckign GRIN
-FAST
-LIGHT SCREEN
-EXPLOSION

A team of 10 people with permission to alter base stats could balance the entire game within a month if gamefreak gave a shit.

It has plenty of support moves and pixelate hyper voice+shadow ball hits everything except pyroar and soundproof exploud for at least neutral.

Shit taste.

wat

Chatter

Prepare your anus.

replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-389506346

Oh hey, it's you myron.
I wonder how many people here are from the fullderp thread

Its biggest flaws are the fact that its speed falls into the "okay" category, and it's made of fucking glass, so it pretty much relies completely on RNG fuckery or setups to do anything. Evolution or mega when?

A single strong move does not a good pokemon make. Especially not when that move hits nothing for SE. Any ghost or rock gives no shits, along with any steel that's neutral to fire.
That's the definition of being shit.
Never because it's a forgetting filler pokemon that no one likes.

You're the definition of a stuck up faggot.
This is already a fucking coin flipping simulator for kids, the only way to have fun is to use highly gimmicky things that may or not instead of using whatever papa smogon tells you that is good.

Not reliable in any way=not good.
Then why the fuck are you playing it?
Smogon hasn't been worth a shit since gen 4.

Oh man, we have an advanced elitist here.

Yes of course, we must only use Mega Kangaskhan, Landorus, Cresselia, Amoonguss, Thundurus and Heatran right?Those are the most viable of all after all, we must only use them, fuck variety or wanting different things.
I'm not even the guy who said that chatot was his favorite
Because I get to shit on people like you who get flustered because their "oh so viable" team was beat by fucking chatot.

Pikachu's number 4 now?

I'm more suprised about genesect

Japs have some weird tastes in pokemon.

youtube.com/watch?v=-AmjWo_ctgY
youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2PeOBKpX0
youtube.com/watch?v=982J_7VDIhM
youtube.com/watch?v=TEDu2ruMOaw
youtube.com/watch?v=3zpdtz-Mahc
youtube.com/watch?v=_SnjkiSxFLY
youtube.com/watch?v=lMm_dH0wNrY

cmon step it up

Still, it's always fun to see a team of legendaries getting sweeped by a normal Pokemon.

rate my results beyond "it's shit"

dragonflycave.com/favorite.html