Lets hope it dies
S.T.A.L.K.E.R general

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/T9j0o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noon_Universe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God
moddb.com/mods/mire
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're going to have to post a source on that, searches only turn up that police procedural series about people who stalk other people.

Photos from the unreleased series done by GSC way back when.

Done, shame it never came out.

Thread theme.

I've been listening to this daily for about two weeks. Not constantly, but much more than is healthy.

Send help.

Whoops, forgot the source
archive.is/T9j0o

Listen to real music you filthy gopnik

Anything else they gonna shit up ? They are making a fucking tetris trilogy now too.

Globalisation is a disease

No need to spoiler yourself around here, mate.

I just dont want to derail the thread with politics

Well the book is set in Canad- oh, shit, it's actually being made by US Hollywood kikes.

ВАМ НУЖНО НАЙТИ ТОГО КТО ГОВОРИТ ПО-РУССКИ

Why Stalker of all things
What's next a Witcher movie

I bet the executive producer doesn't even know that Kosovo is Serbia

This would be like Bethesda making a S.T.A.L.K.E.R game

Don't you say it

Another movie to not watch.

My bet's on niggers slavs

Ayo hol up are you sayin we remove kebab and sheiiit

Okay, so lets dig up some shit.

Written by Jack Paglen, who's only other film writing credits are Transcendence, which was shit, he wrote at least part of Prometheus, which was shit and probably is the reason why he's writing the upcoming aliens film, Alien: Covenant, which will undoubtedly be shit as well. He also had a hand in the 2004-2009 Battlestar Galactica series.

Directed by Alan Taylor, who has done 5 feature length films in his career; Palookaville, The Emperor's New Clothes, Kill the Poor, Thor: The Dark World, and Terminator Genisys. His tv portfolio is larger, he's directed several episodes of Homicide: Life on the Street, Oz, Sex and the City, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Deadwood, Carnivale, Lost, Rome, Mad Men and Game of Thrones and a few others. I think I don't need to go to much into what to expect from him; technical competence but nothing special.

Produced bu oy vey Neal Moritz. This guy has 70 producer credits to his name, some hits and a lot of misses, the usual kind of jew that's interested in adapting video game stuff because they will produce anything if there's a market for it.

HE'S ALSO PRODUCING THE NEW 2018 SONIC MOVIE LOL

But that aside this gentile little gentlejew has been responsible for quiet a few adaptions/remakes that have flopped, in addition to just shitty movies, such as all the Fast And Furious films, Total Recall remake, 21 Jump Street remake and 22 Jump Street follow up, Jack the Giant Slayer, the recent Goosebumps film, the xXx films and a whole lot more trash.

I confirm it a shit.

WHY

You know it to be true Roadside Picnic and STALKER are pieces of media that could only be done correctly by Slavs due to their culture and history.

That's racial profiling but eh sure

Not really shit like the Dollars Trilogy, Pans Labyrinth and Braindead/Lord of the Rings ooze of culture and atmosphere that could never be achieved by an American.

Like any of Spielbergs movies couldnt be done by anyone but an American.

Its not the setting, its the cultural influence and subsequent atmosphere the movies get which most Hollywood films dont have due to being sterile and "universal" to appeal to the biggest audience possible

Wasn't that like six years ago?
I think it died off.

Nope, see

Worst thing is, normalfags will love it because "it's so mysterious and deep!"

But Kosovo is of Greater Albania

Fuck this fucking game, Jesus

I love stalker too much to subject myself to that level of incompetence.

I started playing the Shadow of Chernobyl yesterday on veteran. Is that a sensible choice?

You tell us.

Restart on Master
No its not the "lol fucking pleb git gud"
Master changes the game significantly.
You die faster but so do your enemies.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
Great!

Persevere through the first 2-3 zones, you will have real tough time with the shitty early game weaponry, mostly due to the poor accuracy. Once you get even a standard AK-74 (not the AKSU), your experience will change drastically for the better.

ABSOLUTE KINO

Yeah, I am already seeing how they are sticking to the book. Stalkers were just local rabble going into Zone to steal artifacts, though later in the book new type of high-tech stalkers emerged, using drones instead of risking their lives.

Honestly, Roadside Picnic would've made great anime. I am saying that not because I am weeb, but because Strugatsky brothers were weebs themselves.

You know what would make a great anime?
All You Need is Kill
I agree though, but it would need strict guidance from slavs and no over the top bullshit.

Kill yourself weebshit, animated films will never look as natural and expressive as live action films. They aren't cost efficient too for films like CTANKEP.

Strugatsky bros were commie sympathizer scum. Tarkovsky did a great job in uncucking their cold lifeless scifi flick into a very humane art kino.

Nah, Japs are much better at doing their research than Americans, so they can be trusted with this thing. Not to mention that they have advantage of not being influenced by STALKER games. You got to remember that the book was set in unnamed Commonwealth country (most likely Canada), and the only Russian character was naive young scientist who appears for, like, two chapters.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Хех мда

Ты долбаёб?

Консидер суисайд, комрад.

He is from russian facebook "pissboard". Don't expect smart talk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noon_Universe

Nothing good can come out of this.

Will it have an all female cast?

How many of you here have even seen Tarkovsky's Stalker?

I can already foretaste the inclusiveness and diversity from this, expect women ruling factions and black lesbian Sidorovich

This looks like a less interesting explanation compared to the one given by the videogames. I hope the plot is more complex that how he described it, i want to read one of the books

It's more complex than described. It's not even 100% sure it's aliens at all, although the explanation for why it might be them is very solid in the book.

It wasnt the Aliens, why do you think they left?

It's like you never read the book. Or ever thought about its title.

I have. Could go for a rewatch though.

Are pistols supposed to be absolute fuck in Shadow of Chernobyl?

This slow start really isn't selling me on the game, is Vanilla stalker a ruse or something?

You can get some decent ones later on. I started this game like 3 times and quit and only on the 4th time played it through to the end. It does get better and it's fucking worth it, user.
Which level are you in at the moment?

Pistols are generally pretty poor until later in the game, where you start getting .45ACP weapons. But just persevere until you get an AK-74, that's going to be in Agroprom.

Pistols are mostly shite. Wait until you get your first AK, it should make things go more smoothly.

best mod for soc
best mod for cop

Personal opinions incoming.

SoC: OGSE (edged out AMK by the virtue of quest and story content)
CoP: SGM (lots of content, but cohesive enough to not become Stalker Soup shitfest)

I got to the underground section after Agropym or whatever it was called. Couldn't really be bothered to continue. A few hours in and it didn't really grab me. I can see the appeal though, perhaps I should go back to it.

It's the best film I've ever seen. A really poetic way of discussing the meaning of faith, passion, and artistic freedom. The Stalker, a holy fool who gave up everything in his life for what he believes in, tries to bring hope for the Godless people. He believed that he could help them in defining the meaning of their lives by making them believe what he believes in. It turns out that the Godless people are too sunk in their own ego and intellectual masturbation to accept such simple things called faith and hope. They weren't blind when Stalker showed them the light, but they tried to blind themselves.

This is the essence of the movie. It's a really beautiful message. Hopefully the new film will take a note from Tarkovsky's STALKER.

I finished it in 10 minutes you retard.

You can grab a fantastic gun on Agroprom underground. Also, for fully automatic weapons, use single fire instead. Trust me, always use single fire unless you know what you're doing.

It was them, but not intentionally. Just a byproduct of their visit.

>game based on book stalker gets a pass because it makes no compromises

I did, I ranked it below both the book and the games (based mostly on entertainment value though). My biggest gripe with it is Tarkovsky's choice of means of expression, mainly the camera shots that drag on forever and whole scenes of nothing happening.
Maybe I should give it an another go though, this time trying to understand it better.

They wrote many more short stories and novels than just Roadside Picnic. Some were even more interesting. Why won't they make a screen adaptation of Hard to be a God, for example?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God

what this nigga said.

We both know that they will fuck it up in every way possible.
Its not like there is any need for another movie to begin with, tarkowskies stalker is a timeless masterpiece.

Meh. Not even close to the original novel where the wish granter was only an urban myth.

Beautiful message, my ass. Fuck all messiahs. Blind leading the blind across a precipice.

Short bursts are pretty good at medium range too.

USED to be good, it's fucking shit now, with all the gay bulletsponge assholes, and lots of guns being removed. I still have that user made OGSE unfucker if anyone needs it

Sameanon here, had to switch to a vpn for something
I'm in the bit after cordon, decided to stop doing quests and try to progress more.

The big problem is that I can't really tell if I'm actually hitting someone or not.

It goes full auto without annoying recoil and finishes lightly armored bad guys real fast. The sight is good too, pretty easy to get a headshot from medium to close distance. Plus, you get like 1000 9x19 special rounds from a tower in the scrapyard.

Can confirm that. The enemy damage reaction in SoC is really horrible. There isn't any blood splatter either. Try CoP in master difficulty, they pretty much fixed it.

I've only encountered a few bulletspongey enemies, mostly quest-related (Borov, the super-controller, a few others), but nothing a couple grenades can't fix. As for weapons, it fucking sucks, but for me the additional quests and locations are way WAY more important, especially considering they're not just empty locations, but have shit to do in them, like the Dead City.

What ever happened to the TV series that from like 2008?

SoC is awful, and I still don't understand how people can unironically say they enjoy it. Just skip it and play CoP instead.

Have you ever played the 0.6.9.2 one? You should try it

No, I haven't, I might later.

Currently playing vanilla SoC for the first time. It's enjoyable enough.

Here's two screenshots I took today in the garbage.

Note of warning: the +health% on artifacts like Meat Chunk is health REGEN, not health boost. And their downside is taking more damage from the 3 most dangerous damage sources: bullets, mutants and gravitational anomalies. I suggest taking any such artifacts off unless you expect a long stretch of safety and want to save a medkit.

Noted.

the poor guy though

Every time.

didn't expect some sort of feel

goddamnit why can't bro shooters be just americans blowing up niggers

Actually, STALKER is programmed so that if more than one shot hits an NPC within a certain amount of time, only the first one does its full amount of damage.

Also burst/semi-auto fire modes are more accurate

Want to install STALKER on a SSD, will it be alright?

Not really, it's set in a fictional (or rather, nondescript) British commonwealth country. So like Canada or Straya but not real.

Here's the thing about that. Not really. Master difficulty affects a ton of different factors and the game is ultimately harder. BUT it actually decreases damage dealt, theoretically making enemies more bullet spongey, but in practice things like armor values are changed.

game's tiny just load it to your ram

Casual nano?

Doesn't a portion of bullets fired just disappear on the lower difficulties though?

Why cant it be made by slavs?. Fucking hollywood i tell ya mang.
How lobg until they release a casualized stalker game and it becomes the new Fallout (as in a shell of a former franchise cucked by normalfags).

It was already fucked

Slavs have done Roadside Picnic movie, no need for another Stalker. Just watch Hard to be A God if you want to watch a good Strugatsky adaptation by Slavs.

AI BLYAT

I don't know, I only ever play on master.

these are some pepperoni nipples

So Novice is the best difficulty?

If this Roaside Picnic series goes mainstream, this will be inevitable

As soon as the movie gets released and everyone buys hoodies and gas masks screaming A NUUU CHIKI BRIKI I V DAMKI!!!! xdddddddd one of the company that rapes video games for fun would make one

The fuck is this, peaceful times?

Not necessarily. Again, it's a huge mess of variables like armor and all sorts of others that are changed depending on the difficulty still make it more difficult. This user also says that bullets just disappear on lower difficulties.

Slavs make only shit serials about glorious bandits and evil police.

So all I have to do is just change all the damage values to 2.0 huh.

Are you certifiable retarded or just stupid?

Wait is there an impending World War 3 or something i missed?

woops, forgot another pic

Well I'm in Yantar and combat finally started feeling good as I finally reached non-shit weapons and armor. Up until then it was an infuriating crock of shit where I needed to unload a full clip into a dude's head to kill him, while all he needed were two shot from his pea shooter.

Overall the game feels rather mediocre so far:

Please tell me the later games in the series are better than this. So far I can't see why Holla Forums hypes this game so much.

Gentile means you're not a jew, user.

As soon as we can get our hands on it.

My body is definitely not ready.

There is not enough vodka in the world to make this anything but extremely painful

The only reason I find Todd funny and likeable is because he's never gotten his dirty little hands on anything I care about.
I really hope it stays that way.

I-it's gonna be great.

Worse than radiant AI actually. At least Radiant randomizes the people you'd have to kill and the location of item you have to fetch. This shit is just repeatable quests. But yeah, side quests were never a strong aspect of STALKER.

There are many things you can do outside the campaign, like collecting unique items, stashes, and artifacts.

Fag.

There's a way to get around it by changing the bullet damage from the ini file somewhere. Or just try to get a scoped rifle that can shoot the head easily. 5.56 weapons with scope are extremely accurate and powerful.

Have you even found the batteries (that can repair your armor if you collect 4 of them) and bulletproof artifacts, like stone flower and mama's beads? They're really useful, and some have to be combined with a radiation healing artifacts to work without harm. The abundant ones are useless, but they sell for 1000 each so worth it.

Save them for buying exoskeleton later.

Most of the creatures and people in the zone respawn, not just the hostile ones. Would you rather walk through an empty lifeless zone?

All shooter AI's have aimbot, dumbass. Try to find a good cover if you feel overwhelmed, because everyone in the zone have the same health. Learn to spot and carefully flank your enemies.

Todd is just a dev. If Bethesda wanted to make a STALKER game, it would be Pete Hines' idea and Robert Altman's decision. Hell, Todd only does what Pete tells him to do, he's not even allowed to say things that Pete forbids. Like when Pete got mad when Todd gave a hint that TES VI is in development.

This is supposed to be objectively bad or something? The pacing is part of the reason the first game is so good
You do know that you can Shift + Ctrl to crouch lower and foliage plays a a big part in keeping in you hidden, if you're trying to hide from mutants good fucking luck with that, surfaces can decrease or increase the sound of footsteps and silencers also produce sound.
The Arena shows how good the stealth mechanics are, I dont know where you are seeing that its shit, Ive never had any issues with it.
Are you playing in Master? Only mutants should be bulletsponges aside from when using shotguns.
So you dont know hoe to use them? They fucking stack their effects, in my second playtrough I had near unlimited stamina before reaching Yantar
Thats a blatant lie, barkeep has plenty of items, especially ammo that you need to buy, he also changes his stock from time to time gradually offering better equipment as you go along the game.
The bandits actually respawn in various different places but usually have pathfinding that makes them settle there to ambush anything that comes their way including other S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S but that means you as well, thats just one of many places that do things like these to keep the world alive and you can sell the equipment you get frok killing shit to buy better/repaired stuff
You dont want to meet them? Stay the fuck away from the cement blocks nigger.
Better yet, ambush them yourself like Ive done countless times with a silenced Makarov without being spotted.
Sure
Only the bandits with double barreles shottys at the Cordon, I dont know what you're seeing besides that
Not most of them, no
Keep playing, youll get good eventually

Actually, it doesn't. It rotates about 5 locations for each quest over and over again, hoping that nobody will ever try to do the same radiant quest six times to notice it (which most people probably indeed don't)

Stashes are useless 90% of the time, as I can get almost everything I need (except new weapons and armour) from the shop, I have yet to see any unique items, and for artifacts, see lower

Why not? I reached Agroprom with no ammo except pistol, and army dudes were spongy as fuck, so I snuck to the top floor, where I found that stealth kills aren't possible in STALKER and that knife only works when it feels like working.

That's literally cheating.

Not yet

Yes. And they're shit. When the armor I found in early mid game gives me +50% bulletproof cap, and the ultra-rare, extra-valuable artifact only gives me +5%, I find it rather underwhelming.

Well I spend on bullshit and skip the optional quests, yet I still ended up with 200k when I entered Yantar.

I think I'd preffer it to having to slaughter the same assholes time and time again.

Sure, but most aren't as obvious with it. They literally track me with iron sights THROUGH THE FUCKING WALL. Or those assholes that manage to score a shot with their shit-tier pistol from two hundred metres.

I find it objectively bad for a game that is (or at least has always been presented to me as) an open world game. 80% of locations are tied to the main quest; there's nothing to do except for the main quest. That's not really what I'd expect from an open world game.

Knife takes two hits to fell an army dude (making it useless, as the whole base goes on alarm after the first swing), so stealth kills are a no-go, and there's shit like enemies hearing your footsteps through a massive, thick wall and raising an alarms because of it, and also the with with loading saves that instantly makes everyone aware of where you are.

Yes. It ogt better after going in wild territory, admittedly, but before that, EVERYTHING except the shittiest bandits were sponges, especially the army. I literally needed to shoot three quarters of ak74u into one asshole's head to kill him, and there were no better weapons available at the time.

I never get tired while running either, and I'm fairly resistant to radiation, but that's about it. All the combat buffs of artifacts are easily outclassed by armor several times over, without the drawbacks. Even if I filled all my slots with Mama's beads, I'd only get +25% bulletproof while my armor (and I assume I'll get better later on) gives me +50%, not to mention the protection against all the other kinds of damage. I'm not saying that the artifcts are useless, only that they're underwhelming, as they're hyped in-game as the best thing since sliced bread

I've got 269 731 RU without doing the RNG quests, and so far the only thing I ever needed to buy was the occassional weapon, ammo, and health kits, all of which never went past 20k even with the biggest of purchases. You're the one lying. Also, I haven't seen him change his stock in any substantial way once, so far. It's always the same old shit weapons.

What's the point? Killing the same enemies again and again isn't fun (at least not for me), their equipment is garbage, I have more money than Scrooge McDuck, and they'll just respawn anyway after a while.

Sometimes they aim at me through the fucking wall, and I keep getting hit by assholes with shit-tier weaponry from ridiculous distances

Their true value is outside the zone for scientific research or collectors items. There's artifacts that make bullets curve around you, make you resistant to fire and electric shock, and artifacts that heal you or purge radiation from the body.

No

user please

Sound propagates trough doors and no, you're not supposed to stealth trough the whole military complex
Yes, enemy detection after autoload certain times is indeed a bug of the engine build

We warned you about that, headshots are a must and they are difficult to pull off with shit equipment
Nope, get good, one headshoot or 7 shoots to the body is enough to take them down with a AkSU

An they are there more as a reference to the book and movie
What? They're not supposed to be compared to armor, they are used to buff it, most armor have at least 2 slots
Shit tier armors have more slots precisely to balance that.

Keep playing nigger

You can completely avoid them nigger, they are there to keep the Zone alive.
And if you dont find completely overpowering enemies that used to give you a 5 minute challenge and now 20 seconds, as a fun power rush somethings wrong with you, dont even try out Ghotic then

Its a feature :^)

What? Ive never encountered such a thing, they only do that when turning a corner

Literally only the double shotty
Get good

More like a boring chore of taking out the trash. It might be a power rush if they were a different group of bandits, but like this it's just "Yeah, I stomped them. The guys I stomped before. And before. And once before that. I stomped them again… How cool…"

Funnily enough, Gothic is one of my favourite games. And guess what? It doesn't have respawning enemies.

I'm about to finish Yantar. Shouldn't I be far enough by now to see some change?

I can have 5 artifacts no matter what armor I use

Bullshit. That's just not true or you played a different game or I don't know.

well for stealth kills, oyu need to kill with one shot, and knife is listed as having the biggest damage…

Not as frequently, but they do respawn after each chapter(at least in gothic 2, don't remember how it was in 1).
I found the respawning enemies annoying as well in the beginning, but as said you can just avoid them, so it becomes less of a hassle later on.

Youll get there after getting better equipment

But it does?

Not if you suck 3 thousand dicks at it, are you honestly telling me its not different now that you can actually hot shit?

Then I was thinking of CoP and that just proves my argument, artifacts are buffs and in no way replace armor, you can use both, why the fuck would one replace the other?
You still make no fucking sense regarding this argument.

Then you're not playing in Master

Good job

You need to get good, and why would you even try to raid the Cordon Military Outpost in the first playtrough?

Wrong. They don't respawn the dead ones, they add in new ones in both Gothics. If you left a bunch of monsters alive and progressed to the next chapter, chaces are that bunch would be one monster bigger afterwards.

It is different (it's getting fairly easy, to be honest), I just don't enjoy killing the same faggots over and over again.

nope, see above. I marathoned Gothic 1 and 2 NotR last week, and I can assure you that the enemies did NOT respawn. Progressing the chapter made NEW enemies appear, regardless of whether or not you killed the old ones, and if you killed something, it stayed dead forever no matter how many times you changed maps.

Because you can't read. I never said they should REPLACE armor, I just said that they feel very weak, given how hyped they are, and used armor as a comparison

I am. Also, if you read a few posts above, some other user posted that master difficulty makes you deal LESS damage

I was actually talking about Agroprom. I did go to the cordon outpost too, though, because the barkeep gives you a quest to steal some shit there.

Really? Well, it has been 6 years or so since I played it the last time.
Kinda tempted to go back.

That's still 4 more than what STALKER has for each repeatable mission.

Holy shit, you suck so much. Like, Jesus Christ, I was at agropom with at least 300-ish 5.45 ammo. There's also a huge 9x19 hidden stash back at the car scrapyard, if that's not enough. What is wrong with you?

Why would you? You know it's horrible. It's only useful for killing Fleshes.

A fun way to cheat because the enemies get the same damage buff too, so it's still balanced.

That's a lot, especially if you wear 4 or 5 of them.

Well, you need all of them to buy the exo, plus a few thousand bucks more to grab some spare weapons and armors, since repairing doesn't exist in this game.

I think you're just boring. This is a shooter game, and you hate shooting? They aren't even the same fags, they migrate sometimes and you just happen find them gathering in bandit's favorite places. Even if there's no exp, It's still a nice way to gather some medical stuff.

Sometimes they do, if the wall is too thin. Have you ever fought in the arena? You can take them out unnoticed, if you're skilled enough. They have the same reaction time as normal human, but sometimes they bugs out.

You can too, but the enemy damage reaction is horrible in this game, nearly invisible.

It's terribly catchy, innit?

From last time

How about you do some fucking research instead of talking out of your ass?

How did you not expend it all in the catacombs? Did you fill your inventory to the brim with just ammo? I tend to only take about 300 with me on missions so that I still have capacity to grab loot

I simply assumed that a silenced pistol would be even worse, as its stats say it packs next to zero damage, whereas the knife is supposed (according to the stat screen) to be the most damaging weapon in game

I'll take your word for it, but I'm at 339k at the moment, and the most expensive thing I've encountered so far was for 30k

I hate shooting the same guys over and over again. In MMO's, do you enjoy killing the same mobs over and over again, every time they spawn? I guess I just want more 'RPG' in this than shooter, and seeing the word so… static makes it feel like all the actions of my character are pointless.

They also sometimes clip through the wall and shoot through it

Already won all the fights.

I'm obviously talking about all the burgers spouting dumb shit they know nothing about you daft cunt

Any opinions/impressions on the MIRE mod for Clear Sky? Got released on the 1st of April and wanted to see if its worth the bandwidth or not.

moddb.com/mods/mire

Alright, I finished Shadow of Chernobyl. Overall just slightly above average for the reasons listed in my previous posts. Are the other STALKER games better?

SO WERE MILITARY FAGS NOW