Verdun: What do we think?

So i just got Verdun and played it for like 6 hours.

The combat is a little slow for my taste on some maps, but I can see how lots of slow sniping can be appealing.

I really like the historical stuff though. It feels great to go over the top, cross no man's land and clear out an enemy trench with a mauser.

Anyway, what are Holla Forums's general thoughts on the game?

Buggy mess, tiny matches, empty servers.

It's okay. I enjoy sniping people that are only like 2 pixels big on my screen.

Based on the steam reviews I thought it would be much more intense and have lots of gore. I'm a little disappointed on that front.

I haven't really noticed any bugs, but yeah, the matches are pretty small

i loved it up until they added scoped sniper rifles. now everyone will climb over one another to use that rifle and will absolutely fucking dominate by hiding like a little bitch and sniping everyone from way outside of ironsight range.

Is it multiplayer only ?

They're bringing it out on consoles. Might be popular enough to translate into popularity on PC

I bought this game shortly after it was released, but it ran like shit so I only played for a couple hours. Did they optimised it better? Or is ti still just as bad?

Yes

Seems like you kind of need AI to do a trench sim, don't you? I love the concept but it's kind of hard to get a couple hundred players to run to their death as a game.

Unity.

Scopes were massively nerfed after HoW.

There is a co-op mode (buggy, AI is very simple). PvP still works as it should.

Not anymore (but you still need to be online).

nigga wat

lol

Needs more players but other than that it's alright

neat little FOTM

To get more players they'd have to do what BF1 is doing and be more open to creative liberties to actually draw more users to the game since the overwhelming majority of FPS players in this day and age only want automatic weapons. There's a reason BF1 added in sub machine guns and stuff, and it wasn't just so a bunch of autists on a Taiwanese pottery forum could bitch about non-issues. It was to keep the game from being an empty ghost town like Verdun.

it's meh

Can I play as a nigger or a female mudslime though?

I don't like how it disallows you from picking up the MG or the single Smg that squad might had when making a push or defending

If the game stopped running on Unity I'd enjoy it more but I play it in week-long spurts, WW1 AFRICA GAME WHEN, HEIA SAFARI YOU CROOKED-TOOTH FAGGOTS.

Are they just adding anything that was used in WW!

No user that's stupid. If we are just going to turn all video games into call of duty why wouldn't we just play call of duty?