Vita Thread

"Aksys Fucked Up" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XoYM6
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/27/a-starter-guide-to-god-eater-resurrection-out-628-on-ps4-ps-vita/
d3p.co.jp/i-death/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa_3:_The_End_of_Hope's_Peak_Academy
archive.is/i8NfE
sli.mg/a/7pb20n
youtu.be/xkqQq6EV9gc?t=8m43s
twitter.com/playasia/status/747991173059358720
twitter.com/PSVita_US/status/748900106686992384
twitter.com/CIRCLE_Ent/status/748760527065624576
nichegamer.com/2016/07/01/dragons-crown-removed-eu-psn-publisher-working-reinstate/
dualshockers.com/2016/07/01/sword-art-online-hollow-realization-gets-a-ps4-collectors-edition-and-a-new-english-trailer/
store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/追加アイテム/ぎゃる☆がん-だぶるぴーす-追加dlc-購買部アイテム「フェロモンz」/cid=JP0091-PCSG00699_00-GALGUNWDLC001000
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/zero-escape-zero-time-dilemma/cid=UP1024-PCSE00781_00-ZEROESCAPE000000
amazon.com/Zero-Time-Dilemma-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B010U1DOKG/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2_twi_gam_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467455613&sr=8-1&keywords=zero time dilemma
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ultra Despair Girls, SAO Lost Song, and little GoW

MY FUCKING COPY OF ZERO TIME DILEMMA, AKSYS YOU FUCKTARDS

Ultra Despair Girls

Pre-ordered Shantae last week. Otherwise, nothing.

JSR HD and Killzone Mercs.
Nothing right now
Almost done with Mercs.

I wanna be a dickass merc now after the ISA left me for dead. Helghast seem pretty cool though bringing a guy who murdered half their army, are they the "forgive and forget" type of people?
Bit the bullet and bought SAO. Installing Blanc vs Zombies as well thanks to the sale.

Finishing touches to get plat in Odin's sphere

More time to play, always

Just beaten Odin's Sphere true ending. Great game, great story.

Will buy Atelier Ayesha + thanks to an user's suggestion.

Scooped up XCOM, Civ Revolution and Warriors Orochi from the recent sale
Got what I want for now
Dead Nation and Hotline Miami

What happened with Arksys?

what happened?

Amazon apparently never received the copies of ZTD Aksys were supposed to ship to them

archive.is/XoYM6

Here's a few screencaps from the previous thread as well

oops, accidentally posted the same one twice. First one was supposed to be this

More reasons to never pre-order
What a shitshow

Digimon Cyber Sluts and Muramasa Rebirth.
Money to buy more vidya.
Nothing.
Bought Muramasa a few days ago.

Amazon doesn't take any money until they ship out.
I was able to cancel my order without any trouble.
Of course now I need to find a physical copy in a store.

I thought they received a bunch of damaged copies (especially the watches for the special editions) and gave regular editions to the special edition buyers and as a result don't have enough stock all around.

Having finished the game its not up to the quality of the 999 or VLR, although its still pretty good. The puzzles seem less frustrating in their design and I enjoyed the escape rooms a lot more (less oh I was supposed to click on the bed half off the camera to get something under the pillow, how silly of me to miss that).

The story was more so so and you could feel them straining under the loose ends from VLR. The TWEEST! felt less like a revelation and more like a, well you hid this from the player in a way that makes this surprising but not very meaningful. I felt like they could have easily left out the big twist and not had it affect the game/story at all, which wasn't the case the last two times.

I suppose it was funny, but unfortunately not in an intentional way. I do wonder how the Japanese version of the scene played out, whether her original voice actor also did the sound effects too.

I can't quite say if Covenant has any silly voicing decisions like that (who the FUCK would want to voice sound effects over having actual audio clips, especially for what is supposed to be a serious scene?), but Joachim's English voice can get really hammy at points, but that's pretty in character, given what a bombastic, overly dramatic dork he is (which makes him a bit of a paradox given his kind's nature).

Again, I'm not quite sure what sort of budget they had, so I'm not sure if they'd exactly be considered AA or AAA range or perhaps somewhere in between (when I finish with FtNW I'm planning to watch a long interview some site did with a few of the devs as it might provide more insight; been holding off since it does contain spoilers). I'd say overall they were similar to Mistwalker, in that they were a smaller name dev, but had a good amount of already experienced people around that knew what they were doing and as such could output really high quality stuff. Either that or Aruze repeatedly gave them decent amounts of funding in the hopes that they'd make a Not-Final-Fantasy-X and rake in huge profits for them.

Does Playasia have their own team for translation, or do they have enough sway among Asia/Pacific English translators that suggestions they make for stuff to make into English can get taken seriously?

n/a
Custom firmware.
n/a
Oh jesus christ n/a
I'd be having more fun if the Vita scene weren't trash.

Anyway's, I still doubting myself on making a decision of not buying AS, is it good portable game or bad. Are pc improvements really that good?

Nothing, tired of playing 1 game (deception IV).
corpse party bd
project diva
muramasa rebirth
xonic suprebeat
Shinobido 2
soul sacrifice delta
edf 2017
Maybe Akiba's trip

How do you deal with slowdown every time your entire team is out, much less during all of Gauntlet Mode?

Any Aussies here? Can you get around the MeiQ ban via US PSN? Importing is a no-go since it can be seized

What? They could seriously seize that? Just because the Aus rating board didnt rate it?

Virtue's Last Reward, DT2
Danganronpa 2, Tales of Hearts R, Dengeki Bunko
Ar Nosurge+, DT2 character pack

VLR has basically been my obsession for the past four days. I'm really not happy that I'm going to have to betray Luna to unlock the current largest untouched timeline. Also, when I realized who Tenmyouji is I got kinda unreasonably upset.

DT2bro, is the double XP membership card a permanent item or does it have any sort of limit to how much it can be used?

There's no limit.

You can't sell it accidentally either!

FUCKING EUROCUCKS GET THE BEST SALES I JUST WANT TO BUY THE REST OF THE ATELIERS FUCK ME WHY DOES TOTORI GO ON SALE SO OFTEN GIVE ME AYESHA OR RORONA ALREADY

You should be able to import with no issues.

Can't sell it, it's a one-character focus equip (unfortunately), you CAN accidentally drop it so take care with that. If you happen to do that, you SHOULD be able to just redownload the DLC.

Another note: there's something wonky about the dlc purchase process. You said you're getting the card so that means you bought the character pack. MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD BOTH EXP CARD AND FORTUNE CARD. Because unless I'm terribly off, Atlus managed to mix the contents of both dlcs and hasn't fixed it.

So the Fortune dlc has the EXP card, and the EXP download has the Fortune Card.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain. This is probably my favorite NIS game thus far, it's fucking beautifully put together.

Got orders down for Ys 8 and Tsurugi no Machi no Ihoujin next month, Seven Pirates in August, and Demon Gaze 2 in October. Looking to nab Gundam Breaker 3 and Dungeon Travelers 2 when they get cheap, assuming 2-2 is a full on sequel and not a remake/ultimate version, and SRW V whenever that goes up for order.

Can accidentally drop?

You mean from in-dungeon inventory?

Yeah. I don't think it's a huge risk for anyone else. It's just something I noticed when I was getting rid of a lot of trash items in one of my dungeon runs while I was swapping out equips.

Staring Senran Kagura:SV over reminds me why I'll never like Xseed as much as everyone else seems to. The liberties they take with their translations always just sound really stupid andc this game is one of their worst. I'm five minutes into the game and I see their stupid translation of "Enjoy life!" to "PAR-TAY!" for Shiki and all her "Fo Shah" crap.

If you're worried about it you could order a couple other games with it. I highly doubt customs is gonna look up every T rated game that comes through the border. You could have them sent cart only if you want to go even beyond that.

Fucking Sony

Pretty respectable first week sales for Caligula.

Argh, this is all such a mess. I'm just deleting this until I can figure out what's going on. I'm getting to the point where it's getting so annoying that I don't even care though.

Should I get Monster Monpiece or just wait for the uncensored PC version? It's only 2 bucks right now, but I'd still be supporting censorship.

Also has anyone played Ray Gigant?

There was censorship in Monster Monpiece?

Guess I will just keep postponing my first playthrough of an Atelier games since anons recommended I start with Rorona.

Fuck you Sony. I will still end up buying Toukiden. Probably.

Ray Gigant is Demon Gaze for the Persona audience that thought DG was too hard. I don't mind, since I got stuck halfway through Demon Gaze on the lowest difficulty, but if like dungeon crawlers like most of Holla Forums does, you should probably get something a little… meatier.

Yeah.

kill me pete

CG files were edited and removed in the Vita version.

what game are you talking about?

yeah, a bunch of cards were censored.

Ah thanks, guess I'll remove it

For that price I would. They already started that they're done with censorship, so it's not like buying or not buying it will change any of that.

The English version of Shadow Hearts.

I wasn't even aware it was on another system before.

Man, considering the shit that's in the game as is I find that hard to believe.

They released it on Steam way later. I'm not sure you could call it the same game without the fap mechanic though.

Wait, so if the PC version came after, how was stuff "removed" from the Vita game?

Wait what? Stuff was removed from the NA vita release compared to the original japan release. The PC release has nothing to do with that.

Oh, it was just a foreign release that got censored, OK, that makes more sense.

It was just unnecessary. Nothing even close to DT2 images that would "need" to be censored and they proved it themselves.

You could import the regular vita version, but it won't be $2. Probably more like $60

No, I mean, I already own the game on the Vita, I was just worried I'd somehow unknowingly supported censorship.

Oreshika is "free" on plus this month

This sale fucking sucks and sony is just a bunch of liars, the sale logo says "up to -60% off" and my games have -76% and -66% off can't believe I bought in on this piece of shit hardware.

Shitposting aside,
did muramasa complete or its dlcs ever went on sale, is akiba's strip a good portable game or not(is pc version so much better that I shouldnt even bother with vita), also does it have jap voiceover or an eng dub?

chewed through the rest of chapter 2 and all of chapter 3 in Ultra Despair Girls last night, kind of regret staying up so late though.

It's been a while since a game has made me exclaim "what the fuck", but the part where Monaca "accidentally" says Gentle to Kotoko, and when Kotoko starts having her breakdown Monaca starts punching the shit out of her until she stops crying That's something I DEFINITELY didn't expect. The stories of all these kids are truly awful, tragic. I can't blame them for wanting to create a Kids' Paradise, free of adults, except for their methods of course; ie kill everbody who isn't a kid. It's creepy though, that one booklet you find in Chapter 2 inside the Towa Tower is akin to cult indoctrination, where it says "if you feel yourself becoming a demon, kill yourself". This game really is darker than the other 2 DanganRonpa games.

I'm interested to know how Monaca got all these Monokumas, and what her "Magic" is.

Right now, I'm at the part where Nagisa wants you to leave Towa City, after the fight against Kotoko's robot.. That threw me for a loop too.

Can't say I'm too surprised it has framerate issues. Hell, any musou game on a handheld will just about, unless they prioritize locking the framerate first and foremost when designing/porting the game. I try to avoid action games on Vita because they almost always have frame drops. Soul Sacrifice is pretty good about not dropping frames much, Shinovi/Estival versus will if things happen wit ha shit-load of enemies on screen, but not typically during the boss fights. I haven't played WO3U for Vita, but I wouldn't want to in the first place. Knowing KT, the port is already probably kind of shoddy too.

Just because it can't be sold there means it can't be imported either? What the fuck Australia?

Too bad we'll never get a physical release for it.

For Akiba's Trip, honestly play it on PC. It doesn't take much to run it, and you get 60FPS. The Vita's framerate is just pure shit, unfortunately. It has dual audio I'm pretty sure, if not, then it's JP voices. Either way, I KNOW Jap voices are present.

I've only had really noticeable slowdown occurs when the action gets heavy (troops crowding the screen while my team is linked up for triple attack)
Xcom is where I wished they went with a different engine because holy shit does the Unreal Engine suck massive shit on it

The Muramasa DLC has not gone on sale since last year. Or at least the 4 pack of all the DLC. I think the game + all DLC went up for sale a month or two back or something.

still so pissed that this DLC may not individually go on sale. Been waiting so long for this now.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
God Eater:Resurrection was release the same day as ZTD?

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/27/a-starter-guide-to-god-eater-resurrection-out-628-on-ps4-ps-vita/

Is there any significant differences between this and the PSP version? I play the fuck out of it on PSP, not sure if should rebuy it again and suffer through the ending. Apparently you can get it for free if you pre-order GE2 on PSN. Pre-order digital game? lol. Honestly, I rather preorder a physical version of GE2, too bad sony is jew and memory card cost a fuckton.

I love how messed up DR:AE is compared to the VNs. I wonder how many tumblrinas got triggered by Kotoko's backstory.

i can't even begin to imagine the amount of salt from it originally. I like it this way, it doesn't pull any punches, just like the original creator(s) intended in the first place.

I can just imagine Spike Chunsoft keeping NISA under their thumb during their localization for UDG, while the little tumblrinas and manginas swear and curse under their breath for having to properly translate something so triggering and problematic, it makes me happy picturing things not going their way.

Not sure if its fair for Amazon since its Aksys fault the whole thing is a mess.

God fucking damnit. As far as I can tell, all the exhibitors that are going to sell imports at AnimeExpo are going to be marked up to shit.

I just wanted a comfy time looking through imported Vita games and buying shit that was cheap but looked cool.

…I got an email this morning about some press conferences + press junkets tomorrow for AnimeExpo as well. Apparently Uchikoshi is doing some. Anyone want me to ask him anything?

How would you translate the way she talks?

WHY DOES ZTD SUCK SO MUCH?

I was so excited for this game and it's just… terrible.

The story sections are unbearable. The camera is always zoomed way too far in and is stuck at weird angles. It also seems to be at a sub-90 FOV which is just… how does that even happen for what is essentially a cutscene? How? The worst part is the way the camera almost never stops panning.

I really never thought there would be such a thing as a VN that causes queasiness.

Ayy it's actually on the way now.

I'm on mobile. So in case the image doesn't show, Amazon says my copy of ZTD will be delivered tomorrow

Yeah, I'm glad SpikeChun keeps them on a short leash. Imagine what they would've done to this game if something like Criminal Girls is enough to trigger them.

Ratchet and Clank, also Purse Owner 4
There is a massive sale right now and I don't know what to get, maybe Ys and Gravity Rush
See playing
Nothing for a while, probably will get a $30 recharge to get stuff
I guess so

Fucking finally, beat this damn game.

…Now to go balls deep with Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari.

who is this cum summoner?

Shiki, a Gessen Academy ninja from Senran Kagura.

Aksys games has been really retarded lately with censoring their games, acting like massive spergs on twitter and blocking anyone who does not like their games or translations, and they are also massive SJWeebs who add memes to games. Several VNs and games have been ruined by adding doge memes to serious or depressing scenes. When called out on it, they blocked their fans and told them to fuck off while also sperging out about how many followers they lost. Their main account lost even more followers after retweeting in support of Rapp, censorship, and for changing games to be more current year.

A bunch of cards were censored for both games, but both games flopped so hard that Idea Factory and Compile hearts promised to stop censoring their games and were sick of the censorship some of their employees were trying to enforce or get by them. If the steam Monpiece does well, they may bring over the dungeon crawlers.

It's 5 USD, though. You could buy it now and play it later. I don't really take chances with non-JP games going on sale, but I guess it's ultimately up to you.

Any second opinions of Grim Fandango? Trying to get an idea of how it is on the Vita.

Cards removed, latter forms toned down in sexuality/nudity. It's not THAT big of a deal, but if you're anti-censorship, it's good for you to know, I guess.

It would be nice if they'd cut NISA out altogether, but yeah, keeping them on a short leash and forcing them to do what they were hired to do is better than letting them run amok on the translation.

Considering this is part one of a two week sale, maybe they'll have markdowns on some of the others next week?

two questions

what changes does the vita port of the last blade 2 have, if any? does it have online multiplayer? is it active? does it have trophies?

and secondly, are there any difficult games on the console yet other than the shitty port of natural doctrine and the even shittier port of xcom?
and no, your shitty monster hunter clones are not difficult. neither is shitty shiren the wanderer.

Congratulations, it took me 5 years to git gud at Umihara and beat it.

It's pretty much the AES version, with filter options, unlockable concept art, trophies and online.

So single player you got; Story, Training and Survival mode
And for Online; Find Match, Create Match, Online Story mode and Online Training Mode

The online is a bit more active than Fightcade

Idol game for Vita countdown.
d3p.co.jp/i-death/

Ahhh man, just finished Ultra Despair Girls. What a ride. The bosses are disappointingly easy, but everything else was pretty a-okay, the story is pretty good. I was surprised to see so much setup for Danganronpa V3, or what I ASSUME is setting up for that, because some stuff that was mentioned/shown wasn't in Goodbye Despair. [Major Spoilers] like Monaca. Obviously, she wasn't in Goodbye Despair, but Nagito saying he'd raise her to be an even better Junko than Junko was…exactly how much time elapsed between UDG and Goodbye Despair anyway? I wonder if he succeeded in that, you know, being put into that simulation and all and of course dying therein. And I was pretty surprised to see Alter Ego Junko was controlling Shirokuma and Kurokuma. Though I love how she teased Hajime saying that "next time I see you, you'll be a totally different person." That was pretty good. Yasuhiro's mom is pretty banging too. I wonder what roles, if any, Toko and Komaru will play in V3 or in the new anime?

All in all, pretty great. Definitely worth a play. Man, now I'm all pumped for Danganronpa V3.

Yeah, games refused classification are effectively banned and can't be legally imported
It doesn't help that the reason for being refused classification is basically "It's CP, yo"

Cartridge only? They still have to declare the name of the game, don't they? Or d'you reckon they'd be willing to send it under a different case and cartridge label?

What the fuck. Would they confiscate an unclassified game if you actually, say, went to the US and bought something while out there?

They are not allowed into the country whatsoever, so you wouldn't be able to bring the game back in (assuming customs gives a shit at the time).

Interestingly, though, it's not illegal to own games that are refused classification in every state except Western Australia; they're only illegal when entering the country, and once they've arrived, they're here to stay. Bit like refugees.

V3 is gonna be a new arc. They're using the anime to complete the story from 1, 2, and Despair Girls. I'm sure there will be cool stuff only people who played the games will understand in V3, but they want new players to be able to play it. It makes sense that they're using anime too, because if those same characters were involved in another death game that would be pretty stupid. I wouldn't have minded some other type of game though.

You could have someone from a forum or something switch the sticker from Smart as or some cheapass game, but I just don't think they're gonna look up some normal looking videogames. If it was RapeLay or something then it might catch their eye, but I'm sure they have better things to do than look up every videogame.

The law regarding classification actually only applies to retail sales, even then that part gets ignored by every MMO that hasn't been classified.

The Australian government literally does not understand its own laws.

Here's the wikipedia page for the anime if you want to mark your calander for the series or something. I think it's made to kind of watch both consecutively.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa_3:_The_End_of_Hope's_Peak_Academy

Wow. Surprises me that your place went from a land filled with dangerous animals they'd send hardened criminals to in the past to what it is now. Are the other media ratings boards out there as bad as the video games one?

Where do you guys get your Vita backgrounds? Is there some place that's real good for weeb backgrounds that won't require me to make them myself?

They'd stop digital sales too, if they could.

I don't think they're as hard on movies as they are on games. They're just ridiculous when it comes to games.

Personally, I find that the least effort ones that actually look decent come from patterned images, like this one. I love the fuck out of this one.
You can also ask around Holla Forums or one of your online friends that know how to use photoshop (more common than you think, a photoshop class was likely mandatory for anyone who attended highschool in the last four years) to cut-out an image for you and make the background transparent, like my attached image 2 is. A drawfag that knows how to use SAI can do the same effect.

The only other way to get Vita backgrounds is to use cancerous, adware and malware infested normalfag image galleries that're filled with entry-level themed shit like Persona 4 and Sword Art Online. They really make me sick to my stomach. It's worth it to take 30 seconds to make a post asking someone to edit an image you want to use as a background for you. Everyone here is a faggot that spoonfeeds everyone else, like I'm doing right now. You'll get a delivery in ten minutes flat.

Not where I live, but we did have a graphics design elective in high school where you could stay in it for up to three years as they had three ranks for it. Was pretty enjoyable in giving you access to play around with and learn the basics of various programs.

I went to an alternative school for retarded kids, kids expelled from every other school in the area and have nowhere else to go, and soon-to-be convicts awaiting trial. There was a photoshop class, but I didn't get to choose which classes I was put in, so I missed it.
And I feel the pain every day. Every single day I wish I had been put in that class, cause I'm too damn lazy to learn it on my own. You know how humiliating it is asking your boyfriend to do menial things like re-sizing an image without fucking up the resolution? Maybe not the first two or three times, but after nine stupid requests, it becomes disgraceful

I just take screenshots of in-game CGs and stuff. As a tip there's usually a good one right when you start a game (although some games won't let you screenshot that soon). Here's an example of the startup ones.

If only

Will have to make use of this.

Thanks to you both

It's not too hard to learn yourself, really. You can probably find some secondhand textbooks and such cheaply, or maybe find scans people have uploaded. Real issue is just getting the programs, as if you're not inclined to pirate them, they're pricy (student discounts help; I got the CS6 suite for about 1/4th the normal cost). There's also some other free programs out there, but I'm not sure if they have all the same functions.

Why were you stuck at that school anyhow?

The best free one I found is GIMP. If all you want to do is make backgrounds and make stuff transparent from images you grab online it is perfect.

and yeah, why were you at that school?

I only have one online friend myself, so I understand. You still have the option of asking Holla Forums to do work for you for free.

I'm too lazy like I said. If I'm going to study something, it's going to be chink talk. That's more useful anyhow. I'll never have the motivation to do either, though. Well, I do have the motivation for the gook speak part, my problem is not knowing which source of education to trust as there's 5,000,000 different learning materials, and I'm sure 4,999,000 out of those choices are shit as fuck.

I listed the three reasons one could be put in that school. I fell under the retarded category. I ditched class for 70% of the school year and put homework in the garbage can.

I have gimp installed, I'll give it a try next time I need something done. Thanks. See the bottom of this post.

They're all the one group, but the standards are so fucking loose that the same game can have a different rating between the original game and the HD remaster released later, even though the content is the same.

Also why is Trillion so cheap? I expected it to go down on sale but not that much.

It's sales did seem way sooner and more drastic than most games. I hope that it's not due to the game under performing or something. IF, Aksys, and NISA are like the only three publishers that regularly push out physical versions of games. I would've counted Atlus, but seeing as Caligula is digital only it looks like that's gonna change. (Dragon's Crown is no longer available on PSN in Europe now either. It's gonna be great when that happens to all these digital only games.)

Why'd Dragon's Crown get taken off?

Atlus and NISA ended their relationship and NISA's rights expired. I guess there's a chance Atlus puts it back on themselves, but Europeans are always complaining about Atlus not making things available to them, so who knows?

I knew their review was gonna have something like this when I saw how low the score was. 5/10 really?

Why would you read Polygon? You should know by now what to expect. Their opinion isn't worth anything

does anybody even actually use reviews to decide if they want to buy games or not
Ive only had one normalfag friend ever and it was a year ago so i can't ask him if he does or not. i'm guessing not because he bought star wars battlefront despite me warning him it'd be shit and showing him proof.
plus any fat autistic weeaboo would throw this review in the garbage as soon as they read that bullshit. so i'm not sure who polygon's target audience is here exactly. how are they even in business?

I know, I just did it for entertainment purposes. I knew when I saw the score it was probably because the game was too problematic for them. I still didn't expect it to have it's own "creepy factor" column, but I find it extra funny, since it does.

also isn't gigadis only like 16? maybe 19 at the oldest?
they were really reaching hard, i'm guessing that's why they didn't put a screenshot of him there. no one would believe a guy with a character design like that is fucking middleaged like they're implying. but i'm not just going based on looks when i say i think he was younger, i'm also looking at it from what we know about his relationship with his father.

I find it all really funny. They wrote this piece trying to trash talk DT2 and it just helped the trailer get a shitload of views and helped advertise it to people that weren't aware it was coming out. It's like they don't understand the any press is good press thing.
archive.is/i8NfE

Just makes me want to buy the game more now. Been on my wishlist for a while, especially the LE. But when did that article come out, was it recent?

I just cant understand why people seem to think that "If you dont like it, dont play it" is a wrong mentality and that it should be "if you dont like it, get it banned".

I might have too many games. I'm playing Velocity Ultra right now.

Superbeat Xonic and Grand Kingdom.

I'm closest to beating FFX, but I always take my time with that. Unfortunately, I'm in Zanarkand and can't play Blitzball. Won't be able to until after I fight Sin, I think.

I'm going to sell Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth. After i do that, I'll probably buy one of the above. Might pick up Wipeout 2048. Considered preordering Gods Eater 2, but I'm pretty sure I don't like those games.

Was it worth importing?

As far as reviews for games go, I mostly stick to places that should (in theory) have a liking for what they cover, at least as far as genre goes. Also whether a place is more apt to have a liking for mainstream or niche (not that a site can't manage both). I mean, IGN gave FFX (PS2) a 95%, yet apparently bitched about Shadow Hearts' graphical quality and designs and gave it a 55%? I can certainly understand that Shadow Hearts isn't for everyone, but calling it that mediocre strikes me as a disservice. I will say though that they weren't the lowest "official" score either, so I suppose one can take that as they will.

Theres a few sites I'll peruse, but not so much for scores, but what the game actually sounds like. Helps if there's also multiple opinions.

I generally put more value on how other anons feel about games, with a grain of salt of course.

Speaking of DT2, I've been considering picking it up while prices are kind of low for it, but I do feel like asking: did the original CGs that were edited seem as if they were actually liable to cause the game to get bumped to AO or otherwise be unable to be sold? Trying to weigh whether they had legit cause for doing so, or were opting to play it safer than necessary.

It's bad enough that this is what to expect from Polyfuck, but having actually played the game just makes it even more enraging when I can see exactly where they're lying or misrepresenting.

I don't know, but I can tell you that if you like dungeon crawlers, not playing DT2 is stupid.

What's the betting they delete comments pointing instances like that out? Though I suppose that's if they allow comments at all; some places don't for reviews, and I can't claim to go to polyshit to know if they do or not.

No bet, they've done it before.

This line is also hilarious, talking about "supposed" ages of characters.

No it's not, I own a physical copy.

Didn't neofag also ban discussing stuff like Omega Labyrinth in a positive light? I recall seeing at least one guy in a screenshot making the reasonable decision to wait until it's out to see if it's worth shitting on and he got banned for that notion.

Also, is that thing about them being "obsessed with Japanese games" even accurate? I mean, they certainly seem to love Sony, but from what I've known of them it seems more like they enjoy western stuff like what Naughty Dog puts out (and even then claim that ND ever going back to their roots and making more gameplay driven games like Crash or Jak would be bad compared to making "pearls" like Uncharted and that TLoU was "as gameplay as it gets").

He means the upcoming western release. Unless something changed since Atlus announced it.

It was probably when the game came out. I was just looking at random stuff on wikipedia and clicked on the link assuming it would be entertaining, since they gave it such a low score. It looked like really only them and Destructoid didn't like it, surprise, surprise.

I truly believe that they only did it because they thought they had to, but I've seen people who think otherwise. This is the only one I have, but one other one for example showed what looked like a girl fingering herself.

How much you wanna bet that he was one of those Kanji is gay faggots?

I found that line extra funny. They act like neogaf is known as the rational place that sets the standard for weebs or something.

Personally, I think the bigger note is their use of

as if to imply that being of Japanese origin isn't the norm for most video games worth discussing.

It's getting a foreign release? First I'd heard.

Nice, thanks, blowjob girl was the only one I liked, so she's all I hung onto, but I'll make sure to keep them all this time in case anyone else asks about it.

The pictures have been posted below, but the long and skinny of it is that "unofficial ESRB rep in unoffical consultation said xyz, so we self-censored from there."

Paraphrasing, of course, but it's the same old shit we're all used to seeing from trash like NISA.

Just annoying after ESRB reps say how they really dont care about a lot of stuff. And that things need to be WAY over the top to get an AO rating.

What I just learned too is that the ESRB is only necessary if you want to sell the game in a retail store. So for places like Limited Run Games they can get away with selling stuff without the ESRB. Hell, Retro City Rampage was the first vita game to not have a rating. This of course wouldn't work for a big company that wants to sell to as many people as possible, but with vita stuff I never see it in stores anyway…

They usually take into account different regions too. You look at IF not being able to sell their game in Australia and that's a good chink of money, while most companies aren't gonna fuck around making different versions for different regions.

Why ?
Why do chinks always have to make such ridiculous concept ?
Why can't we have a good, non-over the top psychological choices-based puzzle survival game like that ?

What can trigger AO ratings, guaranteed, is some otherwise pretty innocuous stuff. A single word in one part of the script can do it, like when one of the Agarest games was slated to get an AO, simply because of the word "child" in the game, somewhere. Pic related, I didn't think I had it, but I checked.

What it really boils down to is the translation/publishing companies being lazy and cheap fucks. They don't want to have to bother submitting a near-finalized draft to the ESRB for shekels, only to be told they need to spruce it up or edit it to avoid an AO rating. They'd honestly rather just censor beforehand based on unofficial bullshit, you know, just in case. And fuck them for that. That option should never be comfortably made just to save you some chump change and work.

Never blame the ESRB, though. If you read between the lines, or even check out their actual rating guidelines, you'll learn they are actually pretty chill. It's always the publishers trying to pin the blame on them with misdirection and faggotry.

dunno about others. Shilled for the DT2 set cause there were a few images that were nice, & penguin icons. Others are caps I took myself.

Gotta get more PSX titles—most of the ones I own won't transfer cause it's on a JPN account.

Learning Photoshop isn't that much of a chore. Seriously. The core trick is learn the tools within you need for what you want to accomplish. I started with PS6/IR3 and I don't do a lot of design-related shit. I just do smalltime graphics for myself here and there. Photoshop is a thing you pick up as you go, at your leisure.

That said, I'm not good to rely on for graphics cause I'm lazy as fuck about requests, so let me head that off right now.

Start with guidetojapanese (website), pepper with some books like Genki and various other grammar practice places. Use Anki's premade decks for your memorization needs. Pick a moon game and moon book and mine it for your own vocabulary needs (most people go a visual novel+yotsuba for starting, but you don't need to. I went straight for doujins because who really wants a proper learned vocabulary?). Keep at that until proficiency rears it's pretty, wet little nub for you to flick gleefully.

Why is Australia so fucking retarded?

I'm seriously going to have to revise my stance about Metacritic, and start peppering it with reviews and my own thoughts. Assholes taking a dump on harmless fun games like this needs to be fought in every possible venue.

I hunt for YT gameplay as a main source, but sometimes rely on reasonable people. Granted, no one is really reasonable (falls more into the bracket of "a broken clock is right twice a day"), but more often than not, they don't oversell a game/the game doesn't end up shitty.

And then there's THIS motherfucker right here.

Change of plans. Gonna put out a counter to this post-haste.

Why is she so perfect?

Cause daddy raised her well. but not well enough to start quick casting lv5 witch spells but hey that's what SOUL STEAL—I mean her osmose and drain attacks are for

That's a nice Wild Arms wallpaper; I do wish some of the older official art could be found in higher res (best I know of are scans from the artbook Xseed included, but aside from that most official art is really low res), but I suppose on a Vita screen you don't need them to be all that big. What resolution would Vita wallpaper even need? Is it just 72ppi the way images saved for web-use are?

At this stage and given the context of what I've seen of a lot of the monster bosses, I'm not as willing to back Atlus's PR release as before. This is because while they adjusted the CGI, they did nothing about the dialogue. In each of the 3 samples, there's some heavy innuendo and leading behaviors that are typical of a lot of the boss fights in the game. Point-blank, a lot of those monstergirls are looking to bone and apparently males are a rare commodity. That'sthejoke.webm and all that, but it still paints a clear picture.

If you're going to do things to avoid the AO rating, or rather—if such instances are worth an AO rating, then why not edit the dialogue? Is the ESRB suddenly a visual-only judging group?

Atlus's actions there are suspicious. I enjoy the fuck out of this game, but that remains a craw in my beak.

I need to get these. Is there any way to just spend the dollar without adding 5bux to my PSN account?

I am trying to remember where I originally got it. I do know it wasn't in Vita's native resolution, so I had to do some size altering and a slight bit of cleaning.

And you're spot-on, far as Wild ARMs material is concerned. I know there are some great artbooks out there, but it's a product of its time, released before scanners and sharing was a huge thing on the internet. Likewise, there's a veritable deluge of WA doujin out there in the wild that will never be scanned for that same reason.

I'll say that I didn't look hard for them on websites, so I have no idea. Probable that they're around, it just takes looking. I was lazy.

Ah so that's how that works
That's cool too.

that's beyond fucked up. It's not even CP, it's a fictional game. And if a character doesn't have big bouncing tits and/or is short, and is wearing something even remotely skimpy, THAT constitutes as CP? Utterly ridiculous. Australia is like if San Francisco was it's own country.

I see, that's pretty cool. So you'd watch Hope episode 1, then Despair Episode 1, then Hope 2, Despair 2, etc. That's actually kinda nifty. It'll be kind of a pain keeping up with technically two anime series though.

I got you. These are all from my own collection, a good number of them are actually screenshots though, from various games or like a game's CG gallery or something. Just open this link in your vita browser and save them there, they SHOULD show up just fine, there's a few transparent ones in there too: sli.mg/a/7pb20n

Also, if you want to make your own, see pic related

I ain't even mad. At this point it's pretty well-known that Kotaku and Polygon are both buzzfeed-tier websites, the words they type aren't worth a single microbe of shit.

I find this to be the main thing to, that it's hardly the ESRB and it's the publishers self-censoring to "avoid an AO rating" when they never submitted a draft in the first place, all just to save some shekels.

Granted, ESRB has it's own issues; and I hate that AO games are a death sentence. And it all goes back to the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN WAH WAH!" nonsense.

I hate the "think of the children" mentality. My brother's ex would say that a lot about video games. Her arguments were that parents are all dumb and dont check the ratings, or that there is no way to stop children from playing these games anyway. So if they could get the "wrong ideas" from games the government, publisher, developer, whoever should be the one to step in and make sure that all games are safe for kids.

Fun fact about her though she was a big gun nut too and had no issues with people wanting to keep guns in their home. Even though I would personally argue the risk of a kid finding that and hurting themself is way higher than them turning "problematic" from a video game. But ya know, double standards and all man, now Im remembering all the really funny stories about her and I arguing about this sort of thing. It was entertaining

The funniest part is no kids give a fuck about playing Criminal Girls or Xenoblade Chronicles X or anything. They want to play things like GTA or COD and that's the kind of games their parents will let them play despite knowing it's M rated, because even if they cigarettes out in POWs eyeballs in that game at least it's not sex.

I hope she never reproduces. The world already has too many retards.

It's kind of funny that's her stance about guns though. But like you said, double standards.

Pretty much. Kids love gruesome, cruel violence. They don't care about sex until they turn about 11 or 12. Even then, they just look up "hot naked chick" on google, not having any desire to play sexy anime games in the first place. They want violence. They want to blast zombies to pieces and see the gore. They want to shoot enemies in the head with a sniper rifle and see the brains and blood splatter.

Kids are cruel, Jack

So im looking at the euro sale, and some things look interesting
Are there any good turn based games thats in the sale?
Also, want to get mgs 3, as having only played it on an emulator, it was pretty shitty. But is the HD Vita port any good? I know its 30 fps, but does it have framedrops or anything like that?

HOLD ON A SECOND
they've added to global defence/edf 2 portable vita port air raider? Can anyone else spoonfeed on me on whats also new with this version, because I didn't really think about buying it since I've been playing it on psp and ps2.

Also, does anyone want to play EDF17?

Just finished Virtue's Last Reward, I think. Did they seriously end it after I jump into K's body after the thing in the garden or am I missing something? I feel so blueballed.

With Aksys being retarded ATM, should I just pirate ZTD now? Is it worth the time?

I keep hoping that someone will be able to translate "Very, Very Bad Salute of Guns" (part of the EX File in the 10th Anniversary Fan Book) since it has been scanned and uploaded, and in high quality too, but no one has to my knowledge. If I ever find someone that can into moonspeak though, I could handle photoshop for it if they can handle the translation work.

My parents were never real big on me having access to video games, not because they though the content wasn't fit for kids (for the most part; Mom still used to think Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was too violent for me when I was 16 or so, and I didn't play any M rated games until I was out of High School), but rather that they were a waste of time.

But yeah, ideally the parent should be the one deciding if their kid should be playing T or M-rated stuff rather than buying games regardless of the rating or content and then getting mad at the distributor for selling the game, or the developer for making it when they see something they don't want their kid exposed to.

I don't think you finished VLR. That's not the ending I remember.

Also fuck ZTD

Not him so I don't know anything about the series, but you didn't like the game or because of Aksys shenanigans?

I mean, there's a few branches I didn't go down, but I got all the character's endings, I got the the end or the beginning scenes, and it seemed to end once I woke up in K's body and did the scene where I talked to Tenmyouji and Quark and Clover and Alice about the highway metaphor thing. Is there more after that? Do I have to go through every single branch to get the true ending? I have all the gold files.

Ok guys, there's some japan sale here in Bongland, a few games have peaked my interest but I can only buy one of them. Which should it be?
Which should it be? I'm thinking also in terms of "Bang for my buck" in terms of playtime and content, although sheer quality is sometimes enough.

For what it's worth, my roommate likes Tales of Hearts R. I don't have any experience with the other ones.

The true ending should pretty clearly set the story up for ZTD

The Aksys shenanigans didn't affect me. While I do think they're shitty, they weren't going to mess up a game I wanted this bad for me. I really liked 9/9/9 and VLR.

My dislike of ZTD is just about ZTD.

soul sacrifice is casual as fuck. if you like phone games, it's up your alley.
i've not played tales of hearts but i hear nothing but good things about it. i would highly suggesting skipping all dialogue however. i've played a few other tales games and they made me cringe so hard i had to look at the screen squinting from cringe and teared up.
muramasa rebirth is one of the greatest games of all time and i consider it high art that belongs in a museum.
I'm only familiar with the arland trilogy of the atelier games, which begins with rorona and ends with meruru.

note that i'm not saying the gameplay made me cringe, just the dialogue. the gameplay was fun. just in case i didn't make it obvious enough.

Well, if the physical/digital availability doesn't matter. I'd probably go with Tales of Hearts personally, but they're all great games, so I'd grab whichever your in the mood for as they're all drastically different.

That's unfortunate to hear. I was hoping it was because of junk outside of the game, since I can easily overlook that, but being the game itself is impossible to do that.

what're you quoting two completely different topics for as if they have a correlation. did you not read my whole post?

I liked the dialogue (minus 8-4's fuckups), It felt like a throwback to the overemotional, charming, and funny stuff of earlier years. You at least liked Beryl right?

Your opinion is worthless. I'd highly suggest you kill yourself.

Might just be my own observations, but maybe there's more of a stigma toward "showing" with images than simply "telling" with words? Looking at a few PS1 games, they managed to get away with having sex in them yet still being rated T. Wild Arms 2 has a few instances of it where the text on the screen makes it pretty clear what's happening (and in the credits, there's actually a culmination of the earlier event with Marina having had twins in the time between the final boss and the epilogue) even though the screen cuts to black before anything is actually shown visually. I think I've also seen a screenshot from Xenogears of one character having been in bed with another (admittedly I still need to play that; not really certain what the context was). I suppose there might be a general difference between what a game with 240p or lower character sprites could get away with compared to a game with 720p or more CG images too.

Not that that hasn't stopped some devs and western publishers from occasionally embracing it.

Doesn't Australia have it's own version of San Fran anyhow? Like Melbourne or something?

Hearts R's fun, but the translation leaves a lot to be desired, since apparently Namco opted to not keep 8-4 on as tight a leash as usual and they really messed things up (Kajitani-Eizen, who had originally been fan translating the DS version, estimates about 60% of the dialogue for Hearts R's western release was botched or changed). Muramasa's pretty enjoyable in my experiences, but as far as I know from checking the EU PS store webpage earlier out of curiosity (US user here) it's just the base game that's on sale; the DLC has occasionally gone on sale in the past, but as of this year hasn't, at least in the states. Heard good things about SSD, but haven't gotten around to it yet. For Atelier, there's effectively two trilogy subseries on the PS3 and Vita: Arland and Dusk (Shallie Plus still not released in the west). First game chronologically in each is Rorona and Ayesha respectively, so maybe look into starting there? Admittedly I have heard some people say to perhaps start with Totori, since Rorona Plus (the version people want these days, since it's a big improvement over the original release) is modelled mechanically after Mereru, which I suppose would mean there's a dip in mechanics going from Rorona Plus to Totori Plus (not sure though, haven't played them yet). I think I've also heard that Rorona Plus has some post game content that spoils events in the later two games as well. Maybe someone else that's played them can provide better/more accurate info. Either way though, the games are generally expensive when not on sale ($40 each here in the US, unless one goes for that Arland bundle TK put up where it's three games for $80), so maybe do some research and see if it strikes you as worth your while to buy the set while they're all marked down, since who knows when that will be (though I do hear that on the PAL PSN, they get more frequently into sales).

Also, not sure if you've played it before or not, but if you have a PS4, it looked like the PS2 classic rerelease of Wild Arms 3 got into the sale, and I think I've heard you can play it on the Vita through remote play. Not exactly a native Vita game, but still a really enjoyable one in my experiences, and pretty long as well. Probably the most bang I've gotten for spending $10 (on a physical PS2 copy, anyhow).

i guess if you like writing on-par with pokemon and bakugan battle brawlers, you'll love it.

video game script writers don't even try, i don't know why they don't just have no dialogue at all instead. they pay writers that write trash instead.

youtu.be/xkqQq6EV9gc?t=8m43s
it's like i'm really watching the pokemon anime

As in I actually see the thing where I try and stop the Radical-6 being released? Or is the buildup to that what you meant by setting up for ZTD?

Pokemon is a children's cartoon, don't compare the two. It's insulting to Pokemon.

holy shit you're right. i didn't think of it that way. that's pathetic. hahahaha.

Saw, talked, and got a picture with Uchikoshi. He said he's been getting a lot of angry emails the past few days.

Me on the right.

i'd hang out with you. is that your boyfriend in the middle?

you look like a nerd

you nerd

Censor this sick filth.
This horrific shit should have been given an AO rating, what the fuck ESRB? Kids can be exposed to this, get rid of it immediately.

is that a kingdom hearts jacket

You must be from TechRaptor. Is that watch he's wearing the one that came free with the game? It looks really fucking nice if that's the case. I should probably watch amazon for cancels and grab one.

Well, my copy of ZTD came in just before work. I already got my first ending before even five minutes in. Spoiler Alert: I picked red. I'm gonna start my run with Carlos' team though, and see how that goes.

Gotta say though, I REALLY don't like these character models or animations. They're awkward looking, especially compared to how well VLR's looked. The facial animations in particular were more expressive and less awkward looking. The character designs feel a lot less colorful than the previous two games. Plague Doctor Zero is kinda neat, and Phi's and Sigma's appearances look just fine, I actually really like their redesigns, it suits them both; but everyone else don't seem even remotely as colorful or appealing to look at as in 999 or VLR. And the English voices already, oh god why.

I know that Virtue's Last Reward didn't exactly have 10/10 voice acting for English, but they were enjoyable and not-terrible, and I really grew accustomed to them. But now even Sigma and Phi sound so….stilted. It's like their voice actors forgot how to act. And Zero is almost impossible to hear. I wouldn't know what he/she was saying if it weren't for the subtitles.

Obviously, I'm gonna switch to the JP voices on this one, they're just too fucking awful in English this time. Which is a shame, because they were bearable in 999, and I liked them in VLR.

Yeah, I think it's Melbourne that's the most cancerous, from what I've heard. So it's like if San Francisco was it's own country, and had it's own San Francisco.

You know, it's kinda funny, I'm kinda surprised the city is still even called San Francisco. I would've expected a group of tumblrinas to get triggered over that ages ago. It's pretty amusing to me that the one of the faggiest "progressive" places on the globe has "cis" in it, something libtards abhor vehemently. Ufufufu, i wonder if they'll ever even realize it? The irony is so amusing to me. I know it doesn't have any real meaning, that it's just the name, but knowing tumblrtards, I'm just surprised there hasn't been some sort of outcry mass whining about it.

Pretty cool you got to meet the man himself.
I can't say I'm surprised he's gotten angry emails after what happened between Aksys and Amazon. Or was it over something else entirely that I missed?

Pretty sure Francisco is a Spanish name, so even they do see "cis" in there, it's like given a pass for being a "diverse" name.

Haven't played 999 or VLR, but did they retain the same English voice actors throughout both prior games, or might it possibly be a case of them hiring similar sounding voices, but who may not be as into the characters they play, considering what often happens with sequels to various games being brought west years apart?

On a related topic, I just started VLR and holy god it was designed with the 3DS in mind and it shows. These are some of the most awkward touch screen inputs I've seen in a game. And why does the frame rate tank whenever you view notes or the flow chart? Why does it prompt what VO language you want every time you load instead of, I don't know, putting that in a fucking options menu? Why am I now forced to pick between no hints at all and having puzzles completely spelled out for me?
I'm only in the cyan room, please tell me it gets better because so far this is a massive step back from 999

This is my first time playing The Last Blade 2 seriously. I had emulated it in the past of course, but just fucked around for a bit since I have no one to play with (good thing this port has multiplayer).
I wanted to decide quickly who I was going to main. Then I saw Amano.
He's fucking perfect. He's like a samurai Johnny Bravo, a highschool bancho, and a laid-back poet combined. What an endearing combination. And I especially love the fact that he keeps his katana sheathed at all times unless he's doing super moves. He beats the fuck out of people with the scabbard and his sake bottle. It only took all but one minute of starting the game up that I knew he's the man for me.

Go buy The Last Blade 2 so we can play together, vitagen. And stay away from my Hyo.

Mah nigga.
Kind of disappointing that none of the games will ever come our way.
Though relieving that none of our "localisers" will ever get to fuck them up.

I've coming up to 30 hours in Hearts R now, Beryl is adorable af. The dialogue is a bit weird though, I don't speak all that much moon but even I can tell that there are lines there that don't match.
Also, why did they change the characters names? That's the bit I don't get.

I dont think I noticed framerate drops on vita. Isnt sticking out in my mind from what I remember.
As for touchscreen, I really just used the joysticks unless there was something that required touchscreen to turn a wheel or something.
ZTD I found is worse at least on the notes or whatever section where you can write notes for yourself. That is pretty much unusable.

heyo people is it worth it to buy the odin sphere remake on the vita? Or should I just go for the ps4 version once it gets a bit cheaper?

nah random op rainfall guy

Best guess is that they were planning to dub it originally, then abandoned the idea. Thankfully.

NO DRILL. REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SPREAD THIS SHIT

twitter.com/playasia/status/747991173059358720

twitter.com/PSVita_US/status/748900106686992384

The fact Vita PR is signaling Play-Asia means this is an open and clear shot to getting Japan's attention about the R3 english sub market. That means we have a possible shot at seeing more titles subbed and (hopefully) not butchered

Also ran into this, yesterday evening:

twitter.com/CIRCLE_Ent/status/748760527065624576

They say it's for iOSs for now, but that's not enough info. Any of you know how to turn an ear to the ground on this, please do so. We need to know if China's about to go full retard.

Anyways PLEASE SPREAD THIS.

bump

Also, this is a possible thing that may be happening. Hopefully so. They could at least get away with it for PC if nothing else.

Also, try to throw in mentions for PSP titles. Things like Fate/CCC or the original Criminal Girls, Valkyria Chronicles 3, etc etc. If P-A has a list they can forward, maybe Japan will move in response.

I'm getting storybook PS4 edition since Amazon still has it listed. But nabbing the Vita edition wouldn't hurt. It's just up to your comfy preference.

Hmm, interesting. Pretty cool this campaign of Play-Asia's is gaining traction. I just hope it does so in the right ways, instead of attracting socjuc tards.

China's fucking retarded, but I can't say I'm very convinced by that one twitter account. That said, Center Entertainment is based in Hong Kong. But Hong Kong itself is sort of separate from China in the way laws work and such right? I know Hong Kong is sort of a weird/special case in which its sort of its own thing. That being said, PlayAsia is also based in Hong Kong, from my understanding. Maybe we can get them to confirm?

It would be fucking hilarious if the Western localization industry collapsed because of this.

Trillion doesn't seem to let you into the options during it's long ass opening scene and I'm pretty impressed by the English dub. I normally switch them immediately, but compared to most forced dubs I hear this blows them away. Why Xseed couldn't get someone like the girl who plays this Asteroth's sister to play Millium is beyond me. This game sounds like it has actual VAs instead of people just winging it with their regular voice. The music in this game sounds damn so far good too.

Hmm I am noticing some things that could be improved, but after recently playing Lost Dimension this is still a huge relief. It says there's dual audio. I wonder when I actually get access to the options to see what the normal audio is like.

nichegamer.com/2016/07/01/dragons-crown-removed-eu-psn-publisher-working-reinstate/

party time

holy shit

I told you guys that yesterday. I love how nichegamer is always absurdly late with everything. I suppose when siliconera or gematsu doesn't report on stuff it makes it hard for them to do their job though.

bought some stuff at AX already

They sell top nep hats?

I rather get slow news from Niche than get news form cancerholes like siliconera or gematsu

i'm buying it either way even if it's shit just for the art. right now, actually, coincidentally. my mom paid me $40 to help her with pet related incidents
i'm a furfaggot though and i am deeply disappointed with the looks of that fucking ugly bunny. vanillaware's first real furry character (that i've seen anyway) and he looks like fucking garbage.
i wish there was a cat.
obviously not going to stop me from enjoying the game though.

Yeah it is, and that's true. It's still amusing to me though.

As for ZTD, I'm not sure if they have the same VAs or not yet, but it SOUNDS like they got sound-a-likes who aren't as into it, imo.

I'm so happy Idea Factory International broke off from NISA to be on their own. They woke up. And judging from this email, super friendly as well.

Yeah, Trillion has pretty good sound design. I still preferred the JP voices in it, but the English voices weren't abysmal in the least.

Fucking A, congrats Europe. DANCE THREAD

That ZTD watch, Atelier E&L+ physical, and that TOP NEP hat are pretty great. Witch and the Hundred Knight is pretty boring though based on the Demo I played (that literally put me to sleep, mind you). That's just me though, fun is entirely subjective, after all.

How much was the watch, I want one so badly, but not sure if they will even sell them online now. The Nep hat is sweet and I wish I had gone so I could get that too.

Buying Witch and the Hundred Knight got me some extra freebies. I got pic related.

Watch was $40. Hat was $30.

Oh, not bad then. I'd be willing to bet the Operation Abyss Visualbook is pretty nice.

Jesus. The watch being $40 I could understand, since it's a collector's item, but a hat? $30? Am I out of touch here? Because that seems really fucking expensive for a plain hat with six white letters on it.

Collectors edition hat, only being sold there is what I heard.

inb4 future atlus releases in europe are either even worse than NISA or simply non-existent

convention and event items are sold for double their actual value
i visited a monster hunter caravan that came through arizona. i bought a sweet poster that shows a scale of all the monsters from smallest to largest, and also compares their size to humans and felynes of course.
i think i paid $30 for it, whereas had i ordered it online, i would have gotten it for $8.
hype blinds a man.
manchildren have thick wallets of mommy and daddy's money, and social security benefits.
capitalists capitalize on this.

I wish I was at my home PC so I could post my reaction. Just pretend there's a really smug anime girl attached to this post.

It just seems stupid to me how obvious it is that they're just copying other people's news. They could at least start trying to look up newly registered domains or something that you don't need to know Japanese for.

Am I right in assuming that there's no way to change the voices at the start of the game? I tried looking in the instructions, but it doesn't actually say anything about it. I don't mind since the english does sound good, but it would be nice if I could hear the whole opening in Japanese on my second playthrough or something. (That little TV thing sounds so cute in English. I hope it didn't get killed, otherwise I may never get to hear it in Japanese in my game.)

Whether or not Dragon's Crown gets relisted should be telling. Apparently, Atlus isn't so good with EU, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get fucked out of some things.

I can only imagine some sort of exclusive TF2 hat when I read this.

Hm, makes sense. I'm shouldn't be surprised I guess, weebs myself included of course will fork over big bucks for stuff. granted, I've gotten better about my spending

I really wish our local anime con wasn't so shitty. I'd love to have gone to AX, but that's several hundred miles away. maybe next year, if I can save up…

I gotchu fam

I'm pretty sure if you go into System -> Sound in the in-game menu, like when you can train, give gifts, etc, you can changes the voices there.

You act like this something new from games sites.

siliconera and gematsu steal from other sites all the time. They've stolen from niche before and they've stolen translations from small blogs without crediting them.

Did anyone even buy Adventures of Mana? It looks like it doesn't have very many ratings. I hope it doesn't ruin our chances at getting Scarlet Grace if it under performs. I had it for GameBoy as a kid, so I'll definitely give it a shot at some point, but I'd be interested to know what other people think of it. It runs good right?

Did adventure of mana get a physical release in japan? or was it digital everywhere?

nope and i sure won't ever be
ah. nostalgia makes many men shovel shit down their throats unwittingly.

Thanks, this user
got me fucking around trying to figure out pricing on Neo Geo stuff again, so I haven't even gotten into the real game yet.

Digital only unfortunately.

I've read all good things minus how they handled the maces. What makes you say it's shit?

Digital everywhere. Especially considering it was a phone game from the concept phase, Square Enix is currently making a killing on the japanese phone market.

ah that's disappointing

what makes it shit is square and square enix and any related square companies or companies started by ex-square employees have never once developed a good RPG and they have openly catered towards non-gamers who wanted casual RPG's. and this pattern of theirs started all the way back in the NES era. some of their boxart used to literally say on it stuff like "good game for first time RPG players!" i blame square for killing RPG's even more than i do pokemon.
i'm wasting my breath though cause you'll buy it anyway and i'll just be called autistic for wishing RPG's weren't the brainless schlock that can be beaten by kids who can't even read yet that they are

Fucking heretic

I think they had the Vita in mind the whole time too at least. Unless I'm mixing it up with the FTP one. (I hope they turn that one into a regular game like they said they were considering.)

Top nep hat sold out.

I regret buying Odin Sphere digitally rather than waiting and getting it used at Gamestop or something. I'm just impatient.
Gamestop's cancerous too, but at least they aren't killing RPG's, namely SMT, like Atlus is. I'd rather hock loogies into Atlus' face than I would give them money. Whoops.

just stop and imagine for a moment how great it'd be to completely fill your mouth with a quart of pneumonia fueled mucus, warm from your lungs, and to just dump that bitch all over Atlus' fucking kike cunt face.

Wouldn't call you autistic as much as state that your supporting statements are weak as hell. What RPGs, specifically, was Final Fantasy supposed to put out of market or over-influence?

Tales series did its own shit. Dragon Quest did its own shit (and did it first, iirc). Terranigma was its own beast. Romancing SaGa, Seiken Densetsu/Mana, Lufia, Breath of Fire, Ultima…could you point out how Square influenced them?

Mind and preempting, I'm not buying jack shit from Square for alternate reasons (they have long-since burned their bridge with my wallet concerning their shitty shenanigans of the last five or so years).

Honest question, who do you guys want to buy games from? If you take Aksys, SE, Atlus, and NISA away your not left with very many English options at all.

Idea Factory International tho

suuure. i sure can. they influenced each one of those series you named by making them weak baby garbage games that can be beaten by kids who can't read.
after final fantasy became the staple RPG franchise, all the kike producers wanted a piece of that cash so they followed suit and slowly turned their own franchises into kid friendly games too. wizardry and megami tensei were the only two major franchises immune to the final fantasy cancer. apart from those two, there were maybe a few DOS dungeon crawlers that retained the genre's old renowned difficulty, and that was about it.

megami tensei finally died in 2013 with the release of SMT IV, may it rest in peace. i blame pokemon more for that one though. atlus wanted their game better fit for the nintendo consumer, and modern nintendo consumers enjoy baby games even more than sony consumers do. a difficult SMT game would not have fitted in the 3DS library.

look up the box art for final fantasy mystic quest and tell me what you see

Xseed and Idea Factory Int. I'm fine with.
Aksys and Atlus I wait post release to see if the localization isn't botched, if it's fine I'll support them.
I don't like too many SE games, so I rarely bother with them
NISA I straight up won't give money to regardless if they do a decent localization somehow.

They are becoming one of my favorite publishers, but I just wish they could give us more stuff from different developers. It's a shame, because if they had the rights to things like Tokyo Xanadu and Nights of Azure we actually would've gotten them and they would be physical.

i don't give a shit about brands anymore
i'll buy from anybody, i just try to buy used on ebay or from gamestop so that the publisher doesn't get any of the money.

What games has Aksys even botched though? All I've ever seen is complaints about some otome games, some SJW who no longer works there, and their PR guy who Xseed talks about jerking each other off on twitter anyway.

They've been pretty good lately outside the otome games, only a few questionable changes here or there.

Their Blazblue localizations are pretty bad but it just as bad in japanese just in a different flavor.

The shitty news keeps piling up.

Attack on Titan Asian physical is cancelled.

Sword Art Online Hollow Realization is digital only.

Moe Crystal in English may have been cancelled.

Asterisk War is getting released in English.

meh
fuck

Some indies that aren't bad and haven't shit the bed with their politics.

Also whoever actually MAKES an interesting game. Western publishers are getting to a point where I can do without if pressed since there's an open import window a click away, unlike in 1998 where you were fucked if Funcoland didn't have what you wanted.

I don't do SE because fuck their carrot on a stick marketing plan with their big titles, fuck how they allowed Dragon Quest to be butchered translation-wise, and fuck Lightning she was never that interesting. Not to mention instances where they shoot themselves in the foot—not just the dickery over Bravely Default, but the $90 or so in DLC for Drakengard 3 that makes it consistently a "Do Not Buy" title. $30 of which, I might add, is 'story relevant content in an RPG series. On top of an extra $10 for Japanese voices. I have no hope for the Threads of Fate/Dewprism sequel that they will likely retool into a completely different game because have to go with the trendy, a la Backstreet Fantasy XV.

Atlus hasn't filled their strike zone with me, yet. I'm irritated with them kowtowing to Nintendo's perceived "necessary alterations" to a title I'd have gladly put money down for (TMS). I'm more irritated that they seem to be going with investor or owner demand to Personify other IP, possibly out of some fear of not pulling interests in on niche titles (Etrian Odyssey => Persona Q, SMTxFE => Persona Idol Sessions guest staring some FEs). I'm really not happy about the DLC rampantness in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, which is little more than cut game content charged an additional $21 dollars, and likely intend to do that and more for Etrian Odyssey 5. It seems when the titles aren't theirs, they get kinder than usual.

NISA pissed their bed and I refuse to lay in it with them. I already dislike Disgaea's grinding aesthetic, so their flagship means little to me. The detailed and catalogued fuckups spanning at least 3 console generations at this point are an active deterrant to such a level that I advertise AGAINST people buying from them until they learn to clean up their shit performance. Which I know for a fact they can do, as they have advisory talent that can go a far ways.

Pic related. Translation team bosses at NISA did, in fact, help out with the script for Ayesha. And the team that translates these games are peppered with former NISA employees. So the talent and the drive is there (Escha & Logy's laughably bad menu issues aside). They just think it's good to give the consumer the shaft, and the black sheep section of their fanbase the middle finger with all the non in-house products they license (Criminal Girls, Ar Tonelico, Witch and the Hundred Knight, etc).

Aksys I initially had little problems with. They've been screwing up their own public face of recent, now going as far as to lie on a major goods distributor. Caught outsourcing to C level teams that don't fully translate and destroy scripts and characters, block people that call them into question through social media—I've turned away titles because I fucking hate rewarding shit behavior. They have yet to apologize properly for their missteps.

It may not be too late to change some of those things. I'd bug publishers on Twitter and stuff before it's too late. (Only if you are actually gonna buy the stuff though. Low sales only make things worse for future games chances)

Don't have to look up what I own. Mystic Quest was designed and sold as an entry level game. I'm still pressed to see what that has to do with Final Fantasy or Square influencing all the market. Maybe I asked the wrong question.

Let's try this: What's the market supposed to look right now, according to you? Taking Square-Enix out of the equation? I mean, all I can think of is a grand array of variants on Ultima: Exodus (more tedious than ballbusting difficult).

Source.

I think he's talking about since Chinese went up english is nowhere to be found and even play-asia doesn't know if it's getting one, but maybe there was more.

At least you can get the limited edition on PS4.
dualshockers.com/2016/07/01/sword-art-online-hollow-realization-gets-a-ps4-collectors-edition-and-a-new-english-trailer/

PS4 still has a regular non-collectors physical available on Amazon. Once again, it's the Vita that Bamco keeps shafting.

The only option left is to hope Limited Run Games can do something about this for Vita players.

I don't understand why publishers just don't pump out a small limited print for a specific retailer.

Excuses are usually 'Sony must make the cards and they're expensive boo hoo' but if LRG can do it, so can they.
It's just them being assholes with Vita players.

The Vita's region free though.

All indications are that FINAL is better in every way, though it's currently sitting on my backlog so I can't confirm that personally.

Yup, sure is quality localization going on here in ZTD.

No real spoilers, but figured I would hide it just incase.

I gotta see what the japanese version is like before I start bitching. If the jap version was just obscure jap pop culture references then I don't care.

Agreed. I can be more forgiving if dialogue is changed because of a joke that loses meaning when translated or weird references that people won't get. When they needlessly change shit for the sake of changing it though that's where I draw the line.

If not for the advertisements on here and halfchan, I doubt there'd be much buzz about it in general. Seems like most people who bought it barely know about it and bought it just because it's available.

How's Grand Kingdom? I know it's NISA shit but is it worth getting used? Assuming a used copy can even be found, is it even selling?

I'm still waiting to hear how the translation work is and how this version on the whole compares with Sword of Mana. And going by what little discussion I've seen of it personally from other anons, that could be a while.

is this a good investment? Originally I want to buy vita tv but it only output 720p and the image quality kinda suck on 1080p big screen tv. I'm kinda split between the 1000 model and the newer 2000 model but I only hear good thing about the 1000 model and the 2000 kinda a downgrade with the exception of the internal memory. **also the 1000 model is very rare today, I only found the 3G version.

Are the Djmax games that are available to the vita any good? I've heard that portable 3 is relatively bad, but I can't play the earlier ones since I don't have vita cfw or a psp. I'm also skeptical of Technika Tune because it's touch based, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Also, does anyone know if Toukiden Kiwami gets better/more difficult after chapter 5 (the end of the story)? The story was extremely fucking easy, and after fighting a relatively small selection of monsters over and over again I am tired of playing, but I'm also cautious to throw it out if there is a good game waiting for me in chapters 6+. I don't want to waste time with it because of Superbeat: Xonic but I also don't want to put it off and have to sell Toukiden after it loses even more of its value.

It's sounds like overall people really like it. The art looks kinda cheap to me, but the gameplay looks fun. I think there's a demo on the store if you wanna try it.

Yeah, I just really hope it doesn't fuck up the odds for other games. I could totally see SE say some stupid shit about how they tried, but it just didn't work. While I'm happy to have it too there's other games I'd like way more. Maybe a lot of people don't even know it exists and it'll sell more later.

The OLED is awesome and they're starting to cost quite a bit more than 2000's in a lot of places, so if you want one now might not be a bad time to grab it, since you're definitely way better off buying it new. Sony fucking sucks for getting rid of one of it's defining features. All that fucking talk about it's display before too.

The art does look pretty meh to me but I'm comparing it to Vanilla Ware's from the previous game which just isn't fair. Shame they couldn't get together to work on this game.

Is Grand Kingdom censored? I know NIS censors some stuff but other games get through them fine. I've heard literally nothing about this game when it comes to censorship.

It's not bad. It's the only vita game I've bothered to get, mostly because it's the only one without some form of cancer.

Yeah I guess, I kinda been doing that too. With the timing it's kinda hard not to though. If the game had Vanillaware art I would've bought that shit day one. I hope 13 Sentinels is turning out okay. I'm a little overly hyped for a game I've barely seen.

I'm tempted to buy a second just incase my first one fucks up, my past experience with Sonys console replacements has been sketchy at best.
I had my PS3 phat replaced 6 times I think, 3 of those times they did it for free once because the replacement they sent was faulty, the rest they charged £150 for the pleasure

I really want a backup too. Mine has a shitload of hours on it, so I wouldn't even mind kinda trading it in or something. It just really sucks buying systems you already own. If only I could come across some amazing deal on a new one to make it easier, but it's always used or LCD.

Well Dragon's Crown was their best-selling game yet. So hopefully Vanilla Ware have a lot more resources and freedom for 13 sentinels. I just hope they finally learn to stop making people replay the game 2 or 3 more times just to pad it out.

Really I've had my PS3 phat since launch the disc-drive fucked up like 2 years ago. I just bought a new drive off of ebay and replaced it was really easy and it's been working ever since. Only paid 50$ for the drive too Sony wanted like 200 Canada-bux.

Considering how they blamed their lack of interest in making more Chrono games being that the DS port didn't sell enough to show much fan interest (I'd say a million or so sales for a port of a game the west had seen twice before and is emulatable for both prior versions isn't that bad), I wouldn't put it past them. Especially with SaGa, where they've been leery enough of localizing since the PS2 days, to the point we didn't get the DS remakes of SaGa 2 and 3, nor have they even opted to put SaGa Frontier 1 and 2 on the western PSNs.

That's a little more reassuring, but I worry that by the time it gets released all these publishers will make everything digital only. I suppose Japan will always get physical copies, but even if I could read moon runes with fluency, importing still cost a fair amount more.

Yeah it really does worry me. Being a surprise release probably didn't help. Maybe they're cashing on it being an impulse buy, since it's kinda cheap. The price is what makes me want it more anyway. I would've thought they would put some ridiculous price tag like they did for Setsuna for PS4. I hope we do get Setsuna at some point though. I'd buy it if they lowered it to like $25.

Japan is just back in time a bit when it comes to physical copies. They still sell 60$ anime blu-rays there that come with like 2 or 3 episodes.

Could be because the game has technically been out here twice already as FFA and Sword of Mana, and is just a remake rather than an entirely new game (which admittedly hasn't stopped other remakes of various games from being full price at release). Also, as someone else mentioned, it was originally a phone game, which might also have something to do with it.

Didn't they already say something about Setsuna coming west for the Vita, just not physically? Or am I remembering wrong?

It's kind of endearing to me. A lot of the people here seem like they won't spend a dime on the things they're supposedly fans of, but waste all types of money on other stupid shit. It's a little disturbing that companies still try to nickel and dime them with DLC when they're buying their $80 games on day one though.

Honestly, while online functionality on consoles and handhelds is nice in some ways, in other ways, like the prevalence of DLC, it's certainly annoying. Looking at Namco, while they've always been greedy, it seems they're already announcing DLC for Berseria (swimsuit costumes, I think, because why the fuck would they leave those ingame when they can charge extra for them these days?) and that game isn't even out yet.

Yeah, I noticed the sheer amounts of their Beseria DLC that started getting announced months before the game even comes out. It's been one of the most sickening displays I've seen and it makes me feel bad, because it's a game I've been looking forward to. I'm sure it would've been awesome to find some of those in game, but I guess not.

Unfortunately we're LONG past the point of having Abyss or Vesperia levels of ingame costumes. Graces f had two sets for every character whose name can't be substituted with Dick (he gets a single ingame costume besides his default), and a few get more, but the rest are all DLC. And then Xillia came along and one upped it by having a whopping four costumes available ingame (yes, four), and wound up being one of my biggest gripes since I've always found finding/earning costumes in the earlier games to be fun. At least the Xillia DLC costumes can be used with Xillia 2 as well, but that's only a small perk.

Still, this is Namco we're talking about. I suppose some of their other series have it worse. Saved this back in 2013, so I'm not sure how accurate it is at this point. For all I know they could have added even more to Idolmaster's DLC pool, or perhaps some of the more recent entries have it even worse in terms of DLC.

I was gonna get the PS4 version anyway, but this really bites all the same I wonder if it'll get an Asia English physical like the other two games though.

Pretty much. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was pushing for companies like Bamco to shaft the Vita/Vita users since Sony wants it to die

I just now realized that picture is a cropped edit of a screenshot I took of DOAX3 months ago.

Huh.

I bought Final Fantasy Adventure for the GB, and I bought Sword of Mana for the GBA. I honestly don't really feel like buying a second retread of the first game, especially when it's digital-only.

Now, if a Legend of Mana remake happened, I might think about it. Might.

IIRC, the yencoin was beating the piss out of the dollar in 2013. It's probably a bit cheaper now, though I dunno if you factored in any of the other catalogs, since Scamco tends to support a single main console [email protected]/* */ release for 14-18 months after release.

just checked, I'm not crazy

neat

Yeah, I didn't make the image, just something I remembered I had in a folder that I'd saved back then.

well thank you for creating a 10/10 reaction image.

That is really sad. I don't even care if they want to sell lazy fucks levels and gold, but the game shouldn't be losing content just so they can sell it as DLC. I've been playing Zestiria and I've yet to find a single costume. I switch a couple recolors and some free DLC ones I have and always think about how nice it would be to find a new one. After so many hours you kind of give up hope though. I wonder when they'll remove the accessories and sell them for $1 instead.

Xillia 2 at least had some ingame ones for Ludger, and you could get the prior default outfits for the Xillia cast (including Muzet and Gaius, the latter of which getting two between his royal outfit and final boss one). Still wasn't much though. Namco knows they can make extra money off them since even if the west were to somehow collectively put their foot down about it, Japan's all too happy to buy them.

At least I think with Zestiria Namco overestimated the Japanese fanbase, who had an uproar over Alicia disappearing partway through and returning as paid DLC.

If attachments are what you meant (accessories being rings and shit that actually effect gameplay), Graces f says hi. That one only had three ingame attachments if memory serves, and the rest were all DLC.

Ratchet and Clank, Persona 2, Odin Sphere

Romancing SaGa 2 on the Vita. Kawazu said it's happening so I'll keep waiting.
Also looking at the Sly Cooper collection and Stranger of Sword City for my next PlayAsia cash dump

Nothing so far. Should pop back into FFV and complete it.

yes

Umm in my first mock battle in Trillion I was utterly destroyed. Is that normal?

Well yeah, technically I have a couple like Sorey's slightly different appearance and another one similar to that, but nothing like in Tales of Hearts little red riding hood costume or the waitress one from Abyss. I like it when you find actual events like that and gain them. Just buying them on PSN isn't nearly as entertaining.

Well, that is incredibly bogus. They should've just made the DLC permanently free if they really thought it was necessary. I haven't played it yet, but it sounds like a quick cash in on a character people like to me.

Good lord. I wonder if the devs and fans over there are an unhappy about this as I am. It's obviously a company wide thing since Namco never shuts up about their DLC. It really sucks how abused the internet is for games. It could've been such a great thing too.

And I repeat: Bandai won't bring it over because not a person on this continent is willing to spend that kind of money. And they know it. Gaijinworks can get fucking bent.

Thank god for CFW. Pics related.
Everything unlocked, even JP only 'exclusive' shit in one single swoop.
Berseria's gonna be a problem since it won't come out for PS3 here, though… But I can live without extra costumes - attachments should be plentiful (as much as Xillia 1/2 at least, I hope). Dual audio will be in, and the original JP opening is confirmed to be kept internationally - these are more important points for me.

Yeah, Eternia introduced the idea of alternate costumes, Symphonia properly added them (admittedly it's a bit annoying as they're based on titles and in ToS those are generally used for bonus stat growth, and the costume titles have no growth modifiers), Abyss expanded on them a lot and Vesperia followed suit as well (and even though it has DLC ones, even the PS3 version added a bunch as ingame ones on top of the existing ones). I don't think any game since then has been as costume deficient as Xillia 1, but it's still been pretty lacking. They don't even put the swimsuits in as ingame ones anymore, at least in the console entries. Graces was the last and had an entire bonus scene based around the party going to an indoor beach (with Malik hilariously convincing Cheria to try to act like a beach slut to Asbel, who doesn't get it as usual if I remember correctly), the way Symphonia, and Vesperia have their hot springs scenes and Abyss has the Keterburg Spa.

They did make it free. For a month or two, I think. They did the same thing here in the US when it came out; the DLC chapter was free for a little while, but is now paid as intended.

Western fans? Sure, some are. Others just consider it all optional stuff that doesn't matter, be it costume or attachments. I will give Namco some credit for relenting on attachment DLC some. The Xillia games have plenty ingame, although they too do have their own DLC ones as well (Xillia 2 even has old save data bonus attachments of Mini Jude, Mini Milla, Huggable Sophie, and Mr. Danger, with the latter having the requirement tied to Graces f data since we didn't get Vesperia PS3 and Namco fucking knows it).

Not sure how the devs themselves feel. Namco might give them an incentive to keep gouging out possible costumes for use as DLC.

Really?

The nice thing about PSN DLCs is that you can get them during the free period even if you don't have the game. I guess this is by design so that you can get DLCs when using physical copies (as they don't tie to your account directly like digital ones).
So whenever there's free DLC, be smart and grab it. I got the Zesty ones and stuff like characters for Guilty Gear even though I didn't get Revelator yet.

Japan is a different beast altogether when it comes to cosmetic DLC. Remember that Gal Gun had a 10.000 yen 'Pheromone Z' item that let you see through the girls' clothes ingame. That's ten thousand yen for a single DLC.
DLC was supposed to be for stuff that was made as an add-on after release, such as new levels or new substories and whatnot. Instead it's used to gouge out more money out of people. And it's even worse when the DLC is just a few KBytes in size, because then you know it's actually just a fucking activator for the content that was already in the disc.

Kill this weebshit with fire

Just beat ZTD.
Completed all the flow and filling all the ending slots in the save screen plus the two extra endings.

It wasn't worth full price.
I'm actually pretty mad that there were plot holes that weren't explained in the end.

To be fair, Train simulator is made for people that want model trains but don't have room for them.

They gotta obtain the license for every single train or rail line they add. This shit is really different than the standard DLC stuff seen in other games

I'd have grabbed the early adopter DLC for something like Ar Nosurge Plus had I known they were actually doing that during the time period it was available.

That comes out to, what, $100 or so? How many people did they find to actually drop money for that one?

Does it have any DLC? I can't find anything on the store. Hell, one of the points of the 'Plus' version was extra content and the DLC from the PS3 one all included.
I got it during the previous sale - same price $20. Still need to finish reading about Ciel before I start rolling with this one.

Now you know - when you read about free DLC just head to the PS store on your computer and get everything you want before they start charging for it.

Actually closer to $900.

Damn, that's even more expensive than the $130 they asked for the CE for Tales of Xillia 2. I mean, I know special editions tend to be pricier than normal, but still.

And about Pheromone Z, don't underestimate Japan. I don't think we can view any sales records since the PS store doesn't show that, but it must've done something, because according to the interview with Inti Creates, the sequel (Double Peace) seems to have this item too. (and when asked about releasing the DLC in the West, they mentioned about 'thinking which price to give it').

Don't believe me? Look at this. store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/追加アイテム/ぎゃる☆がん-だぶるぴーす-追加dlc-購買部アイテム「フェロモンz」/cid=JP0091-PCSG00699_00-GALGUNWDLC001000

Sorry for the ridiculously long URL but hey, that's Japanese character encoding right there.

As far as I'm aware, it did have some early adopter DLC (I'd call it preorder DLC, but it's no the type where you have to have a code to access it, what with it being mostly a digital game, where preordering doesn't make sense for anyhow unless you wanted the limited physical print) that since got removed for acquisition unless you'd downloaded it already once the time frame was up. As for ingame DLC, I think it was the prior DLC for the PS3 version that was built in for the Plus version. Could be wrong though, maybe some other user can go into specifics.

Issue was that I hadn't even heard they'd done so for that game; makes me think that TK didn't do the best job of getting word out about the game having had it. Didn't help matters that I don't see much discussion on Ar Tonelico or Ar Nosurge anyhow outside of Vita threads these days.

But yeah, that's what I've taken to doing since when I hear about it.

Yeah, i got it for free, but it still doesn't make me feel great about it. They want $10 for the damn thing now. That's more than half the games even costs right now with the sale.

They probably do give a bonus or some shit. It seems unlikely that anyone would be so DLC happy otherwise.

Whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and look at that - 15 people rated it, giving it a 4 star rating overall.
Damn, Japan. I'm gonna get GG:DP, but no way I'm paying for bullshit DLC

Yeah, I just found an article about that DLC. It's just clothes so meh, but I still find it odd - how come it doesn't appear in the PS Store? This doesn't make sense - it still should be registered in there, otherwise players who got it would be fucked if they wanted to redownload the DLC. Stuff like this that is normally locked simply says 'Unavailable' instead of the price, but in this case it does not appear at all.
I just found a link for the DLC, and it returns an undefined error just like P.T.'s links. Weird.

If anyone has that Nosurge Plus DLC here, make sure you back it up using CMA, just in case.

I was trying to look if people were complaining about SAO being digital only and I saw this amazing cosplay.

They only made in free to try to "make things right" with the Japanese fanbase, and then made it free for a time here as well to try to avoid a possible shitstorm. I'm willing to bet that if it was only the western fanbase that got mad over it they'd have told us to get bent instead of making it free for a while.

I assume it gets completely removed from being visible unless you already have it to prevent any old person from grabbing it after the time for it is up. Have to admit, it's certainly one way to keep various bonuses exclusive to people that pick up the games early. Namco's done the same thing for most of their preorder DLC for Tales games, as the costumes for Graces (Rutee, Judas, and Kyle outfits), Xillia (Cless and Stahn), and Xillia 2 (Emil, Yuri, and Asbel) have NEVER been put up on the PSN as actually purchasable costumes.

Probably. It did have an entry in the web page since I found links for it, but now they're dead. In other situations, stuff like themes and bonus DLC just switch to 'unavailable' instead.
PSN is a fucking mess anyway, and their systems are laughably bad. (still nice to have the 'temp free DLC' opportunities, though).
Also, I'm still mad about what happened with P.T. (it can be redownloaded for accounts that owned it using a proxy trick, though!).

I try to backup all my games anyway, but that's good to know

Wow, I thought mine was bad. That girl ate way too many apple gels.

I figured that probably is the case, but did they actually say that?

I don't think they outright said so, but given how riled up the Japanese fanbase was, it would make sense if that move was done to try to get them to calm down and keep buying their games and DLC. Also a way of acknowledging they went too far perhaps.

Yep. Melbourne is full of the affluent white kids that make up the bulk of SJWs, and thus the cycle repeated itself here.

Ahrg, why are they doing that?

Does it even line up timeline wise though? The DLC seems like it might've taken a while to make and I don't even know how long was in between the demo and the DLC releasing.

Trillion is still only $18 on Amazon if anyone else was interested in it. It seems like it would be a fun game to play while discussion on it is active, so I kinda wish I just bought it back when it came out. I've never played a game like this before, so it's pretty fun so far.

Which ones? If you mean the Asbel ones, there's a watermelon attachment you can place on a character's head in the game, but they're not even doing ingame victory poses or anything.

Using articles from RPGfan as a timeline, the game released in Japan on January 22, 2015, and Baba wound up having to give some talk about the DLC controversy in May that year. From the sound of things, Japanese fans were first annoyed at Alicia just disappearing from the plot, and the DLC being announced shortly after enraged fans that felt the cut was made simply for further monetary gain. Apparently it was free for about two weeks out there due to the series anniversary before having a price tag of 1800 yen slapped onto it once that ended. Baba apparently tried to claim that characters were announced in the order they appeared in the game and not in order of importance, that there was no intended "heroine" and that fans had simply latched onto her thinking she was supposed to be one (the person at RPGfan that wrote the article stated he found it strange that a heavily promoted character like her wouldn't be the main heroine). Either way, the Japanese audience wasn't particularly happy about it, apparently feeling as if she'd been cut out for Rose in terms of importance.

Anyhow, I suppose I might have heard wrong about why it was made free (for Japan anyhow). I suppose if it hadn't been the anniversary year it would have been paid DLC from the start. Been a while since I'd seen all that much Tales discussion, and honestly, I'd been avoiding Tales threads when Zestiria came out to avoid spoilers for whenever I got around to it in the future. Still, it came out in Japan maybe three weeks after the actual game did, so I'd wager they were working on it in tangent, or once the game itself had been debugged and production of copies started, maybe the team wound up working on the DLC.

$20 for Ar Nosurge Plus on PSN store right now; how is the gameplay? Is it fun?

I wonder who the buys all these damn Lego games. There's a shitload of them.

Oh yeah, I forgot that was during the anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised if that was their plan from the start, but they just thought things were gonna go way different with fans than it did. I don''t really understand the whole controversy though either. I don't pay attention to demos and I was avoiding most of the stuff to avoid spoilers too, but I really couldn't picture the game going any other way. It kind of reminds me of people who wanted to have the opportunity to resurrect a character in this one older game, not realizing how much it would cheapen the experience. I guess, people don't like having to accept the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" thing in video games. It seems like it does get people way more emotionally involved though.

After seeing what they're doing with Beseria it makes me think they had it planned way in advance. They should just raise the fucking price of the games if they're really gonna resort to releasing DLC before the games even come out. At least that way they could implement it all into the actual game. Games just don't offer the same type of rewarding feeling they used to and that's a big part of what helps keep me playing.

I fucking hate the west

All types of fucked up games do. That's why I never buy that bullshit that I should be thankful for digital only when Namco can't even fucking physically release the sequel to one of Vita's best selling games.

I gotta force myself through Despair Girls before the animes start in a little over a week. I'm finding it incredibly tedious and lacking basically all of the appeal points DR1&2 had but maybe that's just because I'm still in chapter 1 and the gameplay still feels like fucking tutorial mode. I guess the mainline games still had mechanic tutorials well into chapters 2 and 3 but the difference is I don't need tutorials for a 3rd person shooter, it's like one of the most common and most intuitive genres there is.

Also probably going to pick up ZTD and Odin Sphere sometime soon, even though I was disappointed by VLR and all signs point to ZTD being even worse. I also wasn't particularly impressed by Dragon's Crown, it was solid but nothing exceptional beyond the character sprites, and Muramasa was pretty much the same with magnitudes worse gameplay. Vanillaware needs to hire real level designers, if Aegis Rim is full of the same pretty backgrounds with fucking nothing going on in them for interactivity, platforming or anything else I'm going to be super pissed. Maybe they could poach whoever did the levels and gameplay for the old 2D castlevanias.

fuck, meant to say I'm in chapter 2 of Despair Girls, just past the part where Jotaro goes on about how sad his life is and they tease you with a brief bit of the amazing Monokuma theme before going back to the shitty kid music in the train tunnels.

Again, I think it has to do with the feeling of a promoted character feeling like they got demoted in favor of another one. Also as someone once wisely put it, "Never get between a man and his waifu," and as far as I had been seeing in Tales threads leading up to Zestiria's release in Japan, Alicia seemed to have a decent amount of western fans. Also hear rumor that Baba apparently really likes Rose's seiyuu, which is true might factor into the anger some people feel at the notion that Alicia got replaced with Rose in importance. Not sure how true that is though.

I expect that it really depends on the publisher. Honestly surprised me a bit that Namco was even willing to do a physical release for Hearts R here, considering they didn't even want to bring the game west in the first place.

I imagine that gif is Todd Howard.

But who buys this shit?

Europe, I assume. I hear they (and South America) really like their soccer games and the like. Still, I'd be curious to know just how well the ones on the Vita have done compared to actual console ones.

Also might be time for a new thread since this one's going to be at bump limit.

From someone who didn't follow the events leading up to it, that's the only way I can really see it, but the way the game deals with it makes me actually like her a lot more than I originally did. I guess if I didn't like Rose it would even bug me, but Rose I probably prefer Rose, so maybe I suppose I understand their troubles even less than before.

Well, it was a gamestop exclusive, so whatever that entails probably helped. Although you could still buy it from them right off of Amazon, so maybe it didn't matter too much.

Here's a nice one. I think this has actually gotten quite rare. I knew of a lot of people who were looking for it awhile back anyway.

On July 21st this Touhou game comes out in Japan

What kind of jewish practice is this? The only reason they dont make physical copy is because they are lazy as fuck. Look at this shit

PSN version
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/zero-escape-zero-time-dilemma/cid=UP1024-PCSE00781_00-ZEROESCAPE000000

Physical Version
amazon.com/Zero-Time-Dilemma-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B010U1DOKG/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2_twi_gam_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467455613&sr=8-1&keywords=zero time dilemma

why is it cheaper on steam though?

On the off-chance this wasn't being ironic, that's not 2hu related at all.

I like it so far. I don't completely grok the combat yet but it's fun. Genometrics is interesting.

Woah this kinda blew up over the night, new thread is up now.

Here ya go lads:

Guessing you're referring to Technika Tune? I might have to pick it up sometime, but no retailer is selling a physical copy except for online.

So I bought a Vita when it came out, but then I got commited. When I finally got released I had forgotten about it. Anyways I was cleaning out my closet today and I found it. What are some good games to get?