So myself and 2 friends who have never played the dark souls series before have decided to all buy ds1 and 2 as they...

So myself and 2 friends who have never played the dark souls series before have decided to all buy ds1 and 2 as they were on sale. I looked up how to access the coop and we need to get the white soap stones. How many hours of gameplay is it going to take into we can praise the sun together?

Solaire gives you the soapstone right after the taurus demon in 1, and you get both versions of the soapstone in the forest of fallen giants in 2. It's quite early on.

Save yourself some money and ditch DS2. Just get DS1 plus pizza and beer.

DS2 was made by From's B-Team, right?

It just doesn't feel right to me.

DaS 2, while still maintaining the series' general gameplay, is the least similar of the four main games "feel-wise." Movement is more planted, animations are more linear and less locked in, and lets not forget those beautiful I-Frames changes.

Still a pretty gud game, though.

You're already doing it wrong. Your first playthrough should be blind. That's where the magic is. If you're going to make a trend of accessing well known information online just so you can progress, then you're just ruining the experience. Try to resist the urge to consult the wiki.

DaS 2 is the best game in the series, don't listen to nostalgiababies.

3 is shit because its bloodborne with no content and poor performance.

DS1 is honestly pretty forgettable past Anal Rodeo and is kind of difficult to co-op in. DS2 is better played solo I think. It added a good number of items that make co-op simpler to do, but soul memory throws a wrench in the whole thing to an extent. In my opinion it has the best Souls combat of the four games, and some of the best if not the best 1v1 bosses in the series. DS3 makes it much easier to co-op as well without the soul memory, but the combat is much easier despite the faster pace at least to me.

I agree but when they specifically all bought the games for coop then i can understand why user would want to know that in advance. Besides that OP shouldn't spoil himself. More fun especially when you explore it with two friends.

The only thing I'm looking up is how to access the coop feature so we can play together, I'm not looking ANYTHING lol.

Any idea how many hours into the game it is? I'm a little worried about their want to play if it's hours upon hours into the game

Why don't you explain why you think das2 is better than 1 unless your shitposting

It's not fucking castle crashers, you don't need your buttbuddies holding your hand the entire time
Just play the game

i did it last thread, im not doing it again

tl;dr:

For veterans it's probably just 20 minutes into the game, for a noob an Hour maybe, depending how quickly you defeat theTaurus Demon, or if you accidently go the wrong way.

Depends how shit you are, really. You need to get through the Asylum and defeat the Boss there, then make your way to the first real area and defeat the first Boss there.

Could be 1-2 hours, could be an entire day if you're so terrible you can't defeat the bosses.

In DaSI, you can get to Solaire just after the Taurus Demon, and that's the first boss of the area the game nudges you into from the moment you get into Lordran. If you're not shit, I'd say 45 minutes to an hour and a half to get the white soapstone. If you're shit, it could take longer, but it really just depends on how shit you are.

In DaSII, you get the white soapstone simply by speaking to a character, going through this area, then coming back and speaking to the character again. The character is also located in the first area the game nudges you into. You don't have to fight a boss to get to him, though.

It shouldn't take you long.

2 bosses in (one of which is sort-of-tutorial boss)

just admit you didn`t play it or you pirated it, faggot

what?

ds1 has steamworks

okay, you can remove that point, originally it didn't when i played it.

DaS2 is still better, cry all you want about it but its a fact

im not crying, just calling you a faggot.

quality vs quantity

didn`t bother with either, won`t argue

most of which is just shit

yes.

I still like ds1 better for the atmosphere and it still looks better then 2.

DaS1 : 2 bosses, about 45 minutes for a first starter who knows the basic about stats, two handing and equipment load.
DaS2 : 1 Boss, a slightly intricate area.

In DaS1 you will be unable to co-op for roughly a third of the game, although the best part of it are perfectly fine for online/co-op.
In DaS2 you will be able to co-op everything up to and including already finished zone, use the ring of gods sold by the cat to help connect faster and more reliably.

its perfectly acceptable for you to like DaS1 over DaS2, but DaS2 is objectively the better product.

more != better

subjective

more != better

confirmed casual

DS ditched that a while ago.

it`s your opinion, not a fact.
it all goes back to quality vs quantity.
I can agree it`s a longer product.

Now there's a word I haven't heard since I was in school myself! Enjoy your vacay, user and remember, if you work hard you wont always be this lonely.

how is better NG+ subjective?
NG+ in DaS 1 is the same exact game with no change whatsoever EXCEPT enemies have higher stats.
except that the content is better, or have we forgotten lost izalith?
how is having more items NOT better?

3/10 shitposting, you can't convince anyone but nostalgiafaggots who already agree with you beforehand that das1 is better than das2.

it all goes back to "i played DaS1 first SO ITS THE BETTER GAME!"

you like it more because it was the one you played first, its the same thing that happens in final fantasy threads, everybody circlejerks over 6 because its the one they played first when its actually mediocre and less good than 5 (which they didn't get to play until years later because it wasn't released in murrica, but by the time they're already jaded and it looks like a generic JRPG)

how`s the reskinned bosses?

when they are mostly subpar choices with shitty aesthetics

it`s more compact, but the world makes sense.

gee i dunno, you tell me faggot

DS is by no means a perfect game, but 2 is not a worthy successor.

Pretty much. Every time I come in to these thread there's always 1 autist who feels like 2 is the superior game. It' probably the same autist every thread

Either way 1 is definitely the superior game. 2 might have quantity but jesus christ it's an inferior game. I could rip on so many aspects but the list would be so huge I'de have to write an essay on the fucking problems it has.