Xonotic

Free, both gratis and libre, arena shooter.
xonotic.org/

Upcoming Events
Vote which times you can play so we all know when to get on.

Fri, July 1st
needtomeet.com/meeting?id=ia0afv09V

Sat, July 2nd
needtomeet.com/meeting?id=v3gjhrdmV

Holla Forums Xonotic Server (France, CTF):
164.132.194.22:26000

Previous thread:
archive.is/V2LBd

Feel free to organize schedules for days between now and Friday too.

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Halogenes_Newbie_Corner
xonotic.org/
xonotic.org/
dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic
poal.me/tsisd4
poal.me/9uq4c7
p.teknik.io/58TCK
poal.me/9w1wq3
poal.me/y9ynm4
poal.me/5rmfpd
stats.xonotic.org/server/6459
poal.me/qpny29
dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic&server=98.176.140.2:26000
poal.me/7lre0h
poal.me/rcsb1u
poal.me/hkr6p0
poal.me/y53dbx
upload.teknik.io/ltVAk.txt
time.is/EDT.
upload.teknik.io/GVi5M.txt
dl.xonotic.co/Kore-3.pk3
xonotic.org/faq/
archive.is/QUY8N
poal.me/y8gg2g
poal.me/os6odd
poal.me/spox7d
poal.me/hg7ilm
time.is/EDT
volafile.io/r/6oe4wf
youtu.be/J6xjplbCSac
youtu.be/N2R49u3YjXI
poal.me/55tof7
poal.me/qyzr2s
poal.me/lb80dj
poal.me/81nm5u
gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Repository_Access
p.teknik.io/BAnnW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a toaster, any magical configs that are framerate focused? The last time I tried this game I got 20 fps.

and does anyone even play this

It was lively as indicated in the last thread, and more joined (likely some pubs noticing a populated server) than responded. There's a reason for the schedule poll.

Just downloaded it, looks fun. It's a bit disappointing that the game allows you to autobhop, but I'll put that minor gripe aside and play with you guys.

Bump, more anons need to play this

Use the -sdl version, go to effects and disable anything (perhaps except particles since without them you can't see projectile explosions and you can barely see projectiles). I'm running on a toaster at 1080p with 60fps without drops this way.

don't* use the -sdl version

I'm not sure which game did it first, Xonotic or Quake Live. Some people got majorly pissed with QL over it.

Also another reminder to indicate best times to play on Friday and Saturday if you haven't and will be playing then.

You didn't post the gitlab guide.

movement
weapons
improve visual clarity for a competitive edge, to varying degrees.

I think everyone should want to at least disable damage blur and force all player models to mega erebus.

Official NA server when?

We're using buddy friend guy's or kansas public for now.

>xonotic.org/

This web page is not available
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

xonotic.org/

It's not available over https.

anyone wanna duel tomorrow?

Into the trash.

Anything else requires at least 3 people.
Good luck.

Trying to organize a match without specifying a time (and time zone) isn't going to work.

no need to be salty just because you are shit at arena shooters fam

ok then, how about tonight at 5:00 pst?

forgot to mention which server

hub california duel server is best for me, but if ppl want to use something else that's fine too.

Join the server

Which? The California or the Holla Forums one?

As far as I can tell, no one in here is duel guy or

And the server shits itself again.
Where do we move to now?

I'll just go into 192.187.121.98:26000, aka SMB Kansas (git).

I'm playing around with the idea of hosting a server if anyone's interested in having a Holla Forums server in the U.S.
However this crazy thing sometimes shows up as 9999 ping on the server list, then goes back to some normal number.

Also bump.

MAKE A SERVER
MY COCK IS HUNGRY FOR ACTION

I have no idea what the fuck is going on, really. I expected only one of them. I don't know if anyone else can connect to it.

It's set up for game mode and map voting. So you can play the usual like deathmatch and CTF, along with race, key, and whatever the fuck the other ones are.

What's wrong with Cube2?

Netcode is kinda shit, rendering code is dogshit, and the gameplay and balance aren't as good as xonotic.

Maybe if you had posted the IP at least once before people would be able to find and connect to it.

Nothing that I know of, and I've not heard of it before, but this is a Xonotic thread. You can make a Cube 2 thread to try and rally some anons for a match.

whats the best place to get skins?

Second image

What's everyone doing on Saturday?

Trophy race at the rc-track.

YOU SAID IT WAS CANCELLED

It was supposed to be last week, and it got moved back.

Do we have a server up now?

I think I voted for a morning section for Friday, right now I'm 3 hours from home taking photos of the night sky. Might not be able to play then, but I think I won't be exhausted for the evening.

dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic
Says yes.

The peak time for today has been voted to be 4 PM PST (1 AM CEST).

Most likely the players will be from America, so if it's good with anyone, the server to join can be the U.S West Holla Forums server . Also I'm thinking of switching the polling site from needtomeet to poal.me since its essentially the same concept.

poal.me/tsisd4

There's two players on the Holla Forums U.S Server at the moment.

heads up we are moving to SMB kansas. the server we were on previously did not have many maps.

Try to bump the thread and get some Friday night action going!

We've quite the party.

noice

Other matches from Friday.
Vote for the best times on Saturday and Sunday if you haven't already.

poal.me/tsisd4

So what's the current serb to be used? SMB Kansas?

Essentially any. The Kansas one is used because it has custom maps. Both Holla Forums servers currently just have default maps.

The peak time for today has been voted to be 6 PM PST (3 AM CEST). Potentially, the range indicated to be from 6 PM to 12 AM. Most likely, the players will be from the Americas.

Be sure to announce which server to be in. If the server of choice is currently empty, you may need to wait a while in it before more start joining. (If past events are anything to go by, people are usually late to them.)

Reminder to vote for Sunday if you haven't and will be playing then
poal.me/tsisd4

(I'm busy for this evening, so I can't go myself. Take screenshots and share the results of the matches if you're the kind to do that.)

Which server for today?

There weren't many for the Sunday vote- still most voted being 6pm EDT, but I'm in BuddyFriendGuy Fun Server.

There are currently 3 players on the server.

5 players.

Happy 4th.

The US West Holla Forums server for is now set up for custom maps. If anyone wants new maps, or has an issue with a map (crashes, checkerboard textures, etc), just say so.

Schedule poll for next Friday
poal.me/9uq4c7

Template for poal.me
p.teknik.io/58TCK

Poll for tomorrow
poal.me/9w1wq3

emergency bump

here's some gameplay footage of ye olde 0.1 version of years past

Not many votes for Wednesday, but I'll show up at 6 PM EDT anyways. I may play for a little longer.

Also I think the French server is actually down now. Not sure if I should get a mod to edit the OP to include the U.S West server, and fix the https link to Xonotic's site.

Alright it's that time. If you're here and want to play, jump in the Holla Forums server.

who wanna fight?

I'm in [hub] 1v1 denver server

And more matches over 2 hours.

Do we have someone in eastern US or western Europe capable of hosting a server? Or whatever midpoint between the continents should do.

Just be sure to include stuff beyond a basic server like map voting and unofficial maps.

(Reminder to) mark which times are best for you to play.

Friday, July 8th
poal.me/9uq4c7

Saturday, July 9th
poal.me/y9ynm4

Sunday, July 10th
poal.me/5rmfpd

On Linux, on a potato with a potato gpu, the -sdl version did give me a major frame boost, along with switching the vertices and triangle option to vertices only. Other than that, typical lowering of resolution and cranking effects down helped.

Hook shot instagib ctf is pretty fun

I found the opposite to be true for me: the glx version tends to have over double as many frames a second.

Anybody playing right now?

No, but I can get on.

What server guys?

All the public servers are aren't empty right now are in Europe.

If you're in NA we can just go to the Holla Forums server.

The fuck? Let me check. Usually you can get a server from the UK easily.

You aren't the person who just joined the Holla Forums server with an IP as a name?

no. I didn't actually know there was a Holla Forums server. I suppose it's the one I joined a while back where everybody was spamming memes.

There's two, one of them (in France) is down and the one who owns it never posted since the last thread. The current one is in the U.S.

I'll pass. If a dev feels the need to wank over being a freetard then I don't want their non-product anyways.

Not a tagline from the developers. I put free in there to get across it's something someone can just download legally to play, and added the libre part to clarify that it's both interpretations of free. It gets across free without implying the F2P model too.

This is some next level faggotry

Anyway, there wasn't a game night planned for today, nor a poll for it, but if someone wants to play, just connect to the Holla Forums server.
Also I seriously hope forcing borderless windowed mode isn't making the game more crash prone than it would be.

Here's our server stats too.
stats.xonotic.org/server/6459

The Friday poll indicates playing from 6 PM to 8 PM EDT, and 8 PM to 10 PM, EDT.

About 10 minutes until the scheduled playing time starts, but I'm in the server early. Join the Holla Forums server if you're here and want to play.

Gotta be what each gpu can do natively. If you're running at 1080p, it's definitely newer than my 15 year old AMD graphics card chugging along at 640x480 res.

I guess if your shit is truly ancient, sdl version and vertices only option might make the game playable.

I use a 8600 GTS and I can still play at 1080p though. The problem is probably just
in this case.

poal.me/y9ynm4
Most voted time to play is 6 PM - 8 PM EDT. By votes, potentially from 6 PM - 10 PM. The earliest indicated time anyone gets on is 1 PM.

Reminder to vote when to play for tomorrow.

poal.me/5rmfpd

The earliest indicated time anyone gets on is 4** PM.

Ah well I was working with a few different boxes so I mixed them up. This is the 15 year old Nvidia chip using proprietary drivers.

I'm going to go in about an hour later than the listed start time. But everyone else is free to join the Holla Forums server to play at the moment.

Had a lot of fun today. Was a little lopsided at first but got better over time. Probably not gonna be on tomorrow due to other obligations but I'll try to remember to hop in next weekend.

GGs Anteras

Don'tKnowWhatI'mDoing/Tron Paul here; I sucked throughout the matches, but it was still fun.

Also, I'll be here tomorrow to see if I can get the game running past 20FPS.

What? Who doesn't like duel?

There's a lot of people who can't take the heat, or who prefer more cooperative interaction.

It's usually the former though, as people who like to interact can still chat before and after the duel and get a lot more feedback on their performance

Speaking of which, if any of you faggots wanna duel, I'm gonna fuck around in the Holla Forums NA server for a bit while I wait for someone to pick their goddamn race and class

if you want to duel, it's better on hub chicago, Holla Forums NA server is 100ms for a lot of people and there are no duel maps/duel config I think

also I can see when someone joins a hub server from #smb.1v1 on quakenet, and can talk to them. If there was a Holla Forumsxonotic irc channel or something connected to a duel server that'd be great

The server is now down because of a local power outage.

And I was about to ask if anything was wrong on my end. Here's hoping the outage gets resolved.

It probably won't be anytime soon (as in within a few minutes). In the meantime, you all can regroup at another server like SMB Kansas.

100 ms is the usual latency for players on the east coast. If someone wants to open another Holla Forums server, I got the set up procedure down should anyone need help beyond what's in Xonotic's readmes.

Side note, I was thinking of a Holla Forums server with playable pings for Europeans, so an east coast Holla Forums server would also be good.

Yep, I think it'd be a good idea if we hosted a public server much like we have now either central or east, but also a duel server and maybe pickup server connected to IRC how the SMB/HUB servers have it set up. It makes it very easy to get good games going, and see when other people are playing rather than looking through this thread for the scheduled time.

t:junk7876/yui212

People who like fun instead of dying of boredom.

You can have plenty of fun in duel if you play against someone of a similar skill level. The trouble is finding a good duel partner.
It's also probably the best way to git gud, outside of playing race for perfecting movement

I'd actually play if there was a central/east coast server. I'm far to spoiled with 100+ ping. I end up getting more frustrated.

But chances are you'd end up with more people with high pings then less in the end.

We could poll for exactly how many players are in each region to get an idea of how the pings will be. Don't consider the an NA East Coast server, or NA Central server to be a replacement to the current (offline) server. The abrupt power outage has done more than expected to the server but I expect it to be back up before the scheduled game time for today.

The extra server gives a better capability to cater to anons that want to play, the way I see it.

I would say poll to see what people prefer to play on. I'd be cool with a Central server if we have enough East Coast players/potential players, but I probably wouldn't play East Coast for long given that I had plenty of frustrating experiences trying to play AFPS on 80+ ping, excluding stomps. Some people might not care about ping though (for whatever insane reason)

Server is now online again. It's name is slightly different, but the ip remains the same.

poal.me/5rmfpd
Most voted time to play is 8 PM EDT.

poal.me/qpny29

Has user added answers for places that aren't initially included.

The time to join the Holla Forums server would be now if you were planning on playing.

Since restarting the server, everything is working as intended (client downloads, etc). And I've also added two maps, Cubes, and Zenith, to the map list.

When will be the next event? I'd like to join from Central Europe.

Next weekend for the largest possible players, but people may randomly want to game during the weekday and poll for it too. You can expect a poll for each day of the weekend. I'll probably start polling on Wednesday, but there is no Holla Forums server for Europe. Connecting to currently the only Holla Forums server is about 200 ms for Europeans, typically people don't tolerate that.

If we could get an user to host a server on the Atlantic coast of either continents, it'd be great.

I'm gonna redownload this in a little bit
It better not be fucking dead still

The Holla Forums server is up but most NA servers are empty or build up to just a few players, hence the scheduled games. Only open source fps that has more American players and servers than this that I've seen alive recently is assaultcube. Looked like even warsow is dead.

Server has crashed and I mostly know why. It'll be back up within the hour. A few duels happening at the time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey dingus here. sorry to whoever i was just playing. something fucked up with my connection and i can't join the Holla Forums server. I moved over to hub duel if u want to play there.

Also, to everyone else, lmk if u want to duel.

add hub, crescent and aimtrain to the map rotation you homo

Added. I think. I can't vote to change map to aimtrain. I also added some others.

nice, thanks :)

Currently 2 playing on NA Pacific server. Join in if you're here and you want to play.

28 games played on a Monday without a schedule. Wasn't today quite an outlier?

Also the Holla Forums server is now in the top 10 most active servers. For what it's worth.

ah how wonderful, another game for children with no attention span

How do we feel about the TDM, CTF, or other team game modes? Assuming we have enough people for them. Majority of the games played on the server is DM or Duel, wondering if anyone wants to change it up a bit.

(Good idea? Bad idea because public drop-in could disrupt team balance?)

I'm fine with TDM and CTF. That one control point mode was terrible, and I don't think I would stand to have another race. I don't know what to think of Key Hunt, although I wouldn't mind trying it once. Same with Last Man Standing.

the best game mode is uninstall

says, basically. Hookshot instagib CTF is the only flavor of instagib I like, also. I think it's pretty fun. Just hookshot + CTF itself can lead to lots of interesting gameplay. I don't think it is as fun in TDM/DM though.

TDM, FFA and CTF are great. Fuck instagib. I also like Race but considering both server records are mine last I checked I think I might be a little bit alone when it comes to that
Not a huge fan of Last Man Standing or the Point Control one (mostly because it takes people a bit to figure out what the fuck is going on, and the point caps are a little finnicky) and Key Hunt is alright. That Nexball one is funny the first time but there's not enough to it. Duel is good but a little too exclusive for a drop-in server.

Server down? I'd grown so used to it just being there

Deathmatch is fun, but playing it over and over again I fear will get stale. I do like playing TDM and CTF if the teams are well matched.

How's this for a team set up if we'll be playing the team modes for the weekend?
Based on Deathmatch scoreboard ranks, evens (2nd, 4th, and so forth) go to the red team, odds (1st, 3rd, etc.) go to the blue team. This is assuming there isn't a huge difference in skill between 1st and 2nd place players, and people do better or worse on different Deathmatch sessions.

dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic&server=98.176.140.2:26000
Says online.
If you don't see it on the server browser, you could try using the ip (console command: connect ).
I had the same issue with the old French server sometimes not showing up, or showing up a bit delayed.

What do you mean by this?

real men play the xonotic board game

Thanks to whoever suggested that my hard drive was the cause of the lag spikes I got every 20 seconds. I played a pair of smooth games this night and am looking forward to more games.

Beemann here yet again. Some fairly entertaining matches and a couple good duels tonight. If anyone wants to just hop in, there's usually at least a couple people in the server every night (unless we've fucked off to a duel server).

If there's something you want to know more about (ramp jumps, going fast, etc.) just ask. I can't teach you how to properly git gud because I'm a shitter and that's just a matter of practice, but a lot of what I've learned/practiced in CPM/Reflex carries over pretty well when it comes to movement/timers/etc.

Thursday, July 14th
poal.me/7lre0h

Friday, July 15th
poal.me/rcsb1u

Saturday, July 16th
poal.me/hkr6p0

Sunday, July 17th
poal.me/y53dbx

I also wrote a server set up guide for anons looking or willing to host a server. East Coast and European anons could use a Holla Forums server.
upload.teknik.io/ltVAk.txt
It's pretty much the same information from the readme's except less chunks of text, some extras added, and some others removed. It doesn't mention the IRC interface or details on curl_urls.txt.

Handy referral for what time EDT is: time.is/EDT.

2 players currently on the Holla Forums server.

I'll be around for a bit if anyone wants to fuck around in DM or whatever. Sorry to the guy who hopped in when I was trying to beat my own race time

Server set up guide reuploaded. Toyed around with the settings and it turns out the site doesn't ask for confirmation when you follow through the deletion url.
upload.teknik.io/GVi5M.txt

The server will be off for ~30 minutes to remove maps with checkerboard textures, and maybe replace them with versions with the actual textures.

Great matches last night. Got my ass handed to me yet again by Junk. Improving my aim's gonna have to be a priority next

I lost 2 maps, so definitely not handled too bad

Thursday poll indicates anons will be playing around the time frame of 6 PM to 12 AM EDT. I doubt it's going to explicitly be a 6 hour event, but announce when you're going in game.

Honestly I won those matches because I was hugely opportunistic and played the mode moreso than simply fought. Ive always been more of a strategic player than an aim player but I've let my fundamentals stagnate too much as a result

Not discouraged by those losses either, but damn if it isnt a wake-up call.

Getting gud has never felt so satisfying. I'm still shitty fragbait but I'm slowly getting better with time and practice.

I'm going to play in about 5-10 minutes. I'll sit in the Holla Forums server idle for that time first.

Chunk of people now playing.

Worth checking out to see if there's any tricks or mechanics youve been missing out on. As far as I can tell it's all still applicable.

Oh and keep an eye out for ramp jumps. I see a lot of people skip em and they're essential to getting to certain weapons and power ups in a decent amount of time.

Managed to catch the bus I wanted today, so I'll probably be on at about 7:15-7:30 Pacific time

i will give it a try. i used to play quake live before it went to shit on steam

That last game was incredible.

Xonotic crashed on me and I have no idea why. Seemed like I was playing like I usually do but a little bit better.

I hope you all had fun tonight.
Thanks for playing.

Don't forget about the schedule polls for the rest of the week(end).

Results of the Friday poll.
Like before announce when you're going in game.

Going to play in about 5 minutes. Idling in the server in the meantime.

2 players on the Holla Forums server.

Finally sat down at my computer. Hopping on now

Less people showed up than expected, but it's pretty much the 4 minimum that've voted on the poll.

You fucking niggers come in 6 hours late.

Xonotic crashed on me for the third time. Like the time before it, I was dealing with two opposing players at the exact same time. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Event was off to a slow and late start, but people showed much much later.

Also people act very confused around musical instruments.

At first I thought it was kind of weird that people are showing up "late", but it turns out people have voted to play this early on Saturday.

Join in if you want to play.

fucking around in the server at the moment because I had more time than I thought I would

Shame i didn't see the thread earlier

4 people currently on Holla Forums's Xonotic server. Not according to any schedule.

I'd really love to join you faggots, but I should probably do more work and research on /agdg/ stuff using a FOSS engine, if that helps at all.

Currently 6pm EDT, join the server if you intend to play then.

Going to do some other stuff for about 5 minutes while I wait in the server.

This is odd.

yeah

It looks like this, but I'll remove kore from the maplist.

Probably the turkey incident, which is why I didn't play that day.

Damn that map actually looked pretty cool. Thought I was glitching through the level the whole time or something hah.

Late night segment has arrived.

Just as I thought the party would die down even more come in.

Thanks for playing. Not everyday you get a core member on Team Xonotic to come in the server too to play on Xoylent and spectate at the last minute when he isn't winning. >>10083376

Those of you with troubles with the map "Kore". You can try downloading it directly from
dl.xonotic.co/Kore-3.pk3

Or any Xonotic map repository. See
xonotic.org/faq/

If it really is a problem, it'll be removed from the map list.

i recommend jeff vehicle warfare. its a great server, maps are nice, every vehicle has different controls and purpose and they have nice playlist

As usual, announce when you're coming in to play.

Time to play would be now if you were planning on playing. Also Freeze Tag has been added to the available game modes on voting.

AC is broken, but I'll play if my PC doesn't overheat.

Thanks for playing.

Tonight we've gotten a lot of team games going, more so than usual. This weekend we've hit 4th most active server on XonStat too.

archive.is/QUY8N

Currently 4 players on the server.

Wow this many people on a Monday?
Are people getting sick of instagib?

So what's this server like?
Is it full of players who move at 9,000,000 km/hr and never miss a shot because they've been playing arena shooters nonstop since Quake came out in 1996? Or is the git gud barrier low enough to have a good time?

We have a mix of (genre) veterans, middling, and new players. Many of us have started playing Xonotic this month, and the previous thread OP never played an arena shooter before. So the skill disparity isn't very wide. Though in a lot of cases map awareness turns an average player to a god, from the perspective of new players, but that's because new players tend to let others take Mega's and Strength powerups not purely because of superior aim.

Or you have assholes like me whose greatest strength is fast map memorization. I wish I had a strength more practical for gittin gud
Only maps that fuck with me are the ones with the portal-style seamless teleporters

Thanks for playing tonight, and I hope you guys had fun. It wasn't expected, especially for a Monday. We've gotten a similar momentum from the weekend and played 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 team games too.

Will be ready within an hour or two. Here's hoping I don't fuck up as much.

Just be sure to post exactly when you're getting on. (Myself, I'm not free for tonight.)

Anybody good to play? I'm about to hop on

Going in right now.

leaving for a bit, my wrist is starting to sprain from carpal tunnel, might be back in a bit.

ggs.

Vote what time you'll be playing at.

Thursday, July 21st
poal.me/y8gg2g

Friday, July 22nd
poal.me/os6odd

Saturday, July 23rd
poal.me/spox7d

Sunday, July 24th
poal.me/hg7ilm

Hopping in. Might play some EDF while I wait for other people to join but I'll check after each mission

Going in right now.

There are 6 players currently on the server.

I'm free on Thursday afternoon/evening and on Friday all day so if anyone else is playing I'll join so I can fight something other than goddamned bots for once.

I'll be on Thursday and Friday night for sure, but I'll be on at 7 pacific. And once again, if anyone wants help getting on the road to getting your ass kicked slightly less by vets, hit me up. I can spec for a couple matches or we can duel and I can tell you what I used to kill you the most. If I notice something really glaring I'll try to point it out anyway because honestly most of what I see is just weapon choice and positioning or map traversal and pickup priority.

-Beemann

Ready to be spanked yet again.

Nevermind. I'll wait ten minutes.

Can I join?
Played only a few simple-player quests

Type in the console:
vote call endmatch

You'll get the menu's to mode and map vote immediately afterwards.

Thank you very much.

I don't see why not. You've mentioned you're connecting from central Europe, so it's really up to you if the latency is acceptable.

Is the server IP still as in OP's post? Can't fucking find it
Maybe I'm a retard, but typing it in ain't working

No, the OP hasn't been updated. The French server went offline within then. The current and only server is in North America.

I've no idea on the process of getting a moderator to edit the post.

And what is the server's name, or adress?

God dammit, is it too early for you, yanks? I need answers, if you may give them, I thank you!

98.176.140.2:26000

It's also the only server with Holla Forums in its name on the server browser.

Thanks. I forgot the obvious.

In EDT, times to play have been indicated to be, at earliest 4 PM - 6 PM. With players on at 6 PM - 8 PM, and the most activity at 10 PM towards midnight.

Current time in EDT, and the conversions to other time zones:
time.is/EDT

Anyone playing here?
t. Mad Euorpean

I'll go on in about 10 minutes or so. Going to get some stuff done before I play.

Currently two players on the server.

Now 4 players.

Going in yet again.

Little bit late getting home, hopping in now

Thanks for playing. Hope you all had fun tonight.

A few have mentioned getting black maps, which is from corrupt downloads. I've put up a download for all the current maps on the server maplist (also suggest some maps that aren't on there already).
volafile.io/r/6oe4wf

They belong in:
Linux:
~/.xonotic/data'

Mac:
~/Library/Application Support/xonotic/data

Windows:
%UserProfile%\Saved Games\xonotic\data

Don't put anything in /xonotic/data/data. The FAQ on Xonotic also suggests to clear \xonotic\data\dlcache (also moving the already downloaded maps that do work out of it) but other than that, there's not much I think I can do.

Damn, I overslept. Game looks it was pretty fun.

Times to play for Friday have been indicated to be 8 pm EDT at earliest. The most voted time being 10 pm to midnight.

Hopping in right now.

Started early and now we've got 3v3 matches.

I want to enjoy this game but the movement is so fucking brain dead + apparently I'm the only east coaster

You're not actually.
We've also had a couple people from Europe play on the server. >>10134188
Additionally, I've chatted with some of the east coast players about opening an "NA Atlantic" server, but haven't seen one set up yet.

Beat my race times then :^)

Do you know how to strafe/circle/ramp/etc flawlessly? It's not just hold down jump and forward, nor is it just "oh right I have to let go of forward, hold a strafe key and move my mouse to turn". I dunno that it's CPM good but I'd sooner play it over QLive or UT

Another map that I'm having issues with. Looks like I'll be downloading the maps in after my session.

It's been real fun.

Thanks for playing. Hope you all had fun last night. Saturday poll indicates 6pm - 8pm EDT being the peak times to play. With some players continuing towards midnight.

If you're the guy(s) who voted on every single option because you're free for the whole day, announce when you want to play in the thread so thread lurkers may join you.

Best for me would be also 6pm 8pm
t. mad European

Currently 6pm EDT and 2 players on the server. If you're looking to play, join.

3v3 matches.

Got our first freeze tag match in the server ever.

Thanks for playing tonight. Team games are becoming a somewhat usual thing now. Also one of us was screwing around one of the dev's servers later and found some supposed pros (ayylo leaderboards, w/e), and thinking we should just get Beemann to fight them sometime.

Also we found South Africans hence two people with 400 ping.

I'd probably get rekt. When it comes to AFPS proper I'm pretty low-tier. I can give it a shot though and you guys can watch me go 0 and 40

Eh, I don't know. mini went in and played 3 player DM against Sytiravajous (spelling? , guy with 2.8k duel ayylo) and Shadow Queen. Sytiravajous left midway while at 3rd place. And then mini won duel against Shadow Queen.

So maybe have more confidence in yourself.

Oh fair enough then. Normally when I hear about leaderboards and the like, it ends up involving people who fucking destroy me no contest. I lost pretty hard last time I dueled Junk, but even that paled in comparison to some of the duels I've had in CPM/Reflex

Last really awful loss I had in Reflex involved an actual 40 and 0 where I don't even know if I dropped the other guy below 50 HP once. Sometimes I'd die multiple times in a row without getting a hit in. AFPS vets are scary good

So less about confidence and more about experience. Cautious victories are still victories, after all

Could be a lot of things going on for that match, if you want to think about it cautiously. The current time and people getting tired, etc. The convenient spectate while at 3rd place from Sytira was funny though.

Times to play have been indicated to be at earlier 6 PM EDT to 8 PM. With players continuing towards midnight. Rather usual.
If you're guy(s) who's available for the whole day, announce when you're going in the server so thread lurkers know when to join you.

I might be a bit late, but eventually will appear
tfw your gf lives near the city, and after 20:50 no bus for 4 kms, that you have to walk all along
tfw it's fuckin worth it
t. mad European

2 players currently on the server. Dingus likes duels, so maybe ask before joining in and turning it into a DM.

fuckin around in the server at the moment if anyone wants to duel. Might go grab a sandwich in a bit but other than that I'll be around

Anyone here? Anket reporting in

My ass is ready

I'm around, but I got other stuff to do at the moment. I could still play tonight.

Okay, later I'm gonna come then

Expectations exceeded.

Newfriends always welcomed
t. newfriend

I'll be on tonight practicing with bots but I'll be monitoring the thread and server.

New maps for CTS (Race) has been added to the server. It's also involved adding the mode "CTS" to the server, which is different from the original Race. The original mode still exists to preserve current best times saved on the server.

Still around? I'm around to play now.

Hopped in the server. Also recorded some jumps on FinalRage. Gonna try to make a few vids of the most played maps on the servers featuring jumps people either aren't using much or don't know about. Feel free to webm them, I'm just going to post them on Youtube because I'm lazy

Here's a short vid on FinalRage. Just figured I'd show some underutilized situational ramp jumps and an important spot for a circlejump. I'll try to cover a couple of jumps on Xoylent, Fuse, Atomforge and SilentSiege next

sage for doublepost

Hopefully this is a suitable quality.

Gonna run through 2 maps tonight: Xoylent (short) and Fuse (might be a little longer than FinalRage). Also if anyone wants to duel, I can record and upload my pov. I can leave it unlisted as well if you would prefer that and have somewhere I can send the link

Xoylent Jumps here:
youtu.be/J6xjplbCSac

Also here's a vid of much better players dueling on Fuse
youtu.be/N2R49u3YjXI

Schedule polling for the end of July. Vote what time(s) you'll be playing at.

Thursday, July 28th
poal.me/55tof7

Friday, July 29th
poal.me/qyzr2s

Saturday, July 30th
poal.me/lb80dj

Sunday, July 31st
poal.me/81nm5u

Does this game compile on arm? It doesn't seem to be too demanding, I wonder if it would be playable on a decent arm board.

Game runs on toasters (with the right settings). I don't know if it does compile on arm but it sounds like a cool experiment and I'd like to know if you succeed (or not).

Well shit, it's actually compiling. There's no way this will finish without errors, right?

Encountered some missing dependencies, fixed them, compilation continues. Stay tuned.

This thing usually runs headless, so I had to do some additional set up. Anyways, the game compiles and runs, but it's far, FAR from playable. I'm getting about one frame per three seconds, and that's in the menu. The game saturates one core on my quadcore board and that's it. The remaining three cores are idle. The performance shouldn't be THIS bad I think, but I guess it's simply not optimized for arm. It's nice that it runs though.

Some madman on the forums got it working on Android. It's just modified Darkplaces so it shouldn't be too bad

So it looks like someone already did atomforge. I'll do SilentSiege tonight and maybe Afterslime after that.

Did you actually compile correctly or did you use default gcc settings?
For now, try changing the settings, without a GPU even the menu will lag to shit but if you fix the settings everything will run fine.

I have to admit that I have very limited experience with this stuff, I usually just follow instructions. Which is exactly what I did when compiling xonotic - I followed the instructions:
gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Repository_Access

Oh damn, I just noticed I don't actually have mali drivers installed, so the poor thing was indeed doing all the rendering in software. I'll give it another try later.

5 players currently connected to the server.

Final update on my ARM adventures. Apparently the GPU on my board (Mali400MP2) only supports OpenGL ES 2.0, and has no support for regular OpenGL. It simply falls back to software rendering, which obviously sucks (if it works at all).

I tried installing a wrapper that emulates OpenGL 1.x using hardware accelerated GLES, but it's very hacky. With it, glxgears went from 50fps to 450fps, but xonotic now segfaults on launch. So, if you have an ARM board with a GPU that supports OpenGL (not just OpenGL ES like mine), give it a try. Not sure if it will be playable, but it compiles and runs on ARM.

Didn't get around to doing SilentSiege last night because FRAPS was being a fucker and kept dropping my framerate down to 15-20. I'll try again with Shadowplay tonight

For contrast, I normally run the game consistently at triple digit framerates, so dropping to console-tier FPS is pretty fucked

why are you using FRAPs? this is what demo recording is for

I didn't even think to check for demo recording functionality. No idea why. Alright then, either way I'll have SilentSiege done for tonight and maybe even Afterslime

Also if there's a jump any of you don't know how to do or a mechanic you're curious about just ask. If I don't know it I'll try to find someone who does. Gonna look through the forums later today and try to see if there's a method to spawns or if they're just totally random. I'm leaning towards the latter but I'd like to be sure

Poll for Thursday has some votes for 12 PM - 2 PM EDT, which is around this time. Can't go personally now, but if you did vote for then, say when.

Anyone up?

Yes.

I'm currently up on some fucked up race map. Shit, it is very fucked, and no one here.

t. MAD European

Currently two on server.

Also the poll indicates people will be playing around 8pm and after. Unusually, with some votes for the afternoon (passed already).

5 players currently connected to the server btw.

Demo appears to be fucked on my end as well. I'll restart tomorrow and see if it's just some retarded process issue.

Also Komier knows the maps like the back of his hand, but he's also the 10th highest on the duel leaderboards so that's to be expected. Gonna start practicing duel maps a lot more online and offline

apparently the embed was still there? Weird

Thanks for playing tonight. I hope you all had fun. Additionally, I'd like to welcome our new player who's showed up earlier from Lainchan. The game seems to be popular there as well, and I hope to see more coming as planned-to-improve coordination improves.

Thanks for hosting, man. Real fun playing with you all.

t. mad Eruopean

didn't want to play this game anyway

We already had those. Did you type the wrong dates?

About to read this thread and see what hilarious MikeUSA is up to.

What do you mean? It is the First post of this thread, and was a month before. Current polls are here:

Go to the bottom of the thread, and CTRL+F, going upwards should get the most recent polls easily.

Most popular times to play for Friday has been voted to be 8 pm to 10 pm EDT. With some players playing before and after that time.

That's literally when my internet shuts off.

Shuts off? Where are you living?

UK with family though that do this shit.

WElcome to the club, m8, my family sometimes do the same. Wanna go after a half an hour?
For me, it is 21:00.
We could duel some.

Here's about an hour of close matches (minus Aerowalk)

Added some new maps to the server.
Also if you're inclined to play at the moment, I'll be idle-waiting on the server.

3 players on the server.

Jumping in right now.

Thanks for playing. I hope you all had fun last night.

We're past bump limit so here's a template for the new OP once the thread 404's.
p.teknik.io/BAnnW