Video Game Thread

What are you playing, Holla Forums ?

Would you recommend it?

I'll start.

I'm playing the original Momodora, it's quite fun. I wasn't expecting to get so severely wrecked when I started it, my first momo was the fourth one which I played on normal and didn't find so difficult, the contrast is violent.

Definitely recommend, it's free and fun.

nope, i've only been playing LoL for the past few days since it's a good way to waste an hour
i can't believe how bad it's gotten
they completely butchered some characters just for the sake of adding "competitiveness"
yeah, take rize's old passive that lowers his cooldowns, and make it only possible for 6 seconds, after you've cast 5 spells. pure genious. and make his Q a skillshot as well, i bet they jerked themselves off furiously while thinking of this
i was ok with Zilean's changes since his Q can stun now. the passive may as well have stayed the same as it was before
taric just makes me sad. his E is unusable considering how slow and short range it is. any blind monkey can dodge it. his Q is probably the weakest heal in the game right now. and his model looks even gayer than before. i wish they had just left him alone.
fucking riot ruins everything that was once remotely fun

This post makes me glad I never got into ASSFAGGOTS. That sounds fucking exhausting to deal with. I go into the witcher or something and geralt doesn't suddenly have new signs months later, he still functions the same. He doesn't lose his old sword techniques. In Dwarf Fortress you can give a dwarf a hammer and even through patches it's still a dwarf with a hammer.

LoL was fun back in season 2
it was bearable in season 3
but fuck me they just keep shitting things up every month
either they remove/change a decent item (RIP atma's impaler/force of nature/old warmog)
or they change abilities
or they just nerf a perfectly balanced character (lee sin has literally only been nerfed since he was released)
MOBA's could have been good if they would just add new stuff rather than changing everything that was always established. maybe they should have let the fucking community adapt instead

Help me understand, what's the draw in those games? I got a beta invite for heroes of the storm so I installed it, tried it out, played a bit and put it down. There was no great music or story, the graphics were flashy and I guess the gameplay was alright but there didn't seem like an end goal there. Is the whole point just PVP conquest?

Accidentally stumbled upon Endless Sky, it's pretty much Star Control with a side slap of Space Rangers. And there's some shit that I'm yet to figure out inbetween leaping around like a twat ripping farmer families off on transportation.
All in all, pretty fucking good for free shit.

Playing through Fossil Fighters
Pretty good but too easy and the fossil minigame gets tedious. Can't imagine playing it without fast forward.

It's a multiplayer game, user, what did you expect? The draw is the pure competition overcoming the enemy and completing the objectives of your team. In the case of the ASSFAGGOTS destroying the enemy base.

I don't know how HoTS plays out tho

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

For the first entry in the series, it's not bad, though it feels a little small. Great for JRPG beginners or people like me who don't want to grind.

It's also kinda funny, as in pic related.

Quite fun, definitely recommend it, you can destroy everything and the Mp is frantic (even if its quite dead).

I dont recommend it, its boring, the enemy AI is hit, the gameplay is very repetitive and the looting/ surviving is shallow, it can fill your zombie fix tho.

Good game and the titty ninjas are all cute, but dont play it too much in one sitting cuz the combat is not too deep.

As far as I could tell HotS was the same thing in essence, just more side objectives per level. That said I wouldn't know, maybe there are just as many objectives in other games but nobody talks about them.

Currently playing Dragons Dogma and Raiden IV

this
i haven't tried HOTS though, "everyone gains experience together" and such kind of put me off right away
i tried dota 2, but it just felt like a more complicated LoL. at least with LoL i can have fun since i'm a filthy casual

Finished Nox few days ago. I give it 6-7/10, definitely not my type of the game. If you like fucking with people in Dark souls PVP (pushing over ledges and turning into vase and what not) I recommend this game.
I'm gonna play Monster Hunter for the first ever (Freedom Unite) on PPSSPP. I could get my hands on actual PSP but can't be bothered right now. Any tips for emulator setup?

i also played Apotheon a few days ago
basically 2d god of war, but the gods are the actual dicks here, not you
it's alright, feels like a soulslike experience
i just wish they made the boss fights a bit more balanced/less repetitive
i really like the artstile, but i'm thinking that the vase filter is also why the game runs like shit

Finished Ghost yesterday, really cool game, i recommend for anyone that doesn't care about the one cutscene where one of the characters says that people only like games where the main char is white and male.

aside from this one cutscene, the games is awesome.

also played warframe for the first time in six months and they didn't added any cool content to the game, it's fucking dead.

i'm unbelievably bored, i look and look and look and i cant find a single game that manages to get my attention for long enough for me to even bother installing it, specially new games. gaming is dead.

I'm playing Risen 2. It's a perfectly mediocre adventure/RPG type of game, which is to say I'm enjoying it, but it's not amazing. Certainly better than its predecessor, though like before it has the problem of a hard cap on the amount of enemy spawns. And I'll give it one thing, it's been a while since I played any PC game this much without a single crash or technical hickup whatsoever. Worse it's had is one quest you can mess up by doing things in the "wrong" order.

You sound like a boring person.

Start working out and getting fit user.The war with the Kabab is inevitable.

I've been playing Nier and have just killed grandma in Aerie. Haven't gotten very deep in but I'd recommend it so far. The soundtrack is fantastic, Papa Nier is cool, and Kaine's outfit is smashing.

Overwatch is pretty good as well, I suppose.

I'm playing lightning returns and I don't really know what I think of it so far considering I have little experience with final fantasy games
It passes time I guess. I wished the MMO still worked on my PC otherwise I'd probably sink into that

I just wanted a mediocre RPG to tide me over for a few months so that's what I got

can you marry octopussy?

Liking it so far. Skipped it in the PS1 days.

Replaying it because it's so short and sweet.

I don't see how this is a classic. It's a competent platformer with moments of mode7 mastery. It's decent.

Combat system is really fun. Let's hope they tone down the exposition because so far I'm watching more than playing.

Just bought dustforce. Very fun, not quite sure how I should tackle controls. Is keyboard best, or should I use a controller?

Exposition gets toned later.
Train your weapons so each one can deal damage to 2 types of enemies that are adjacent to each other in weapon menu. Example:
Beast and human types are beside each other in weapon menu, so you should use same weapon on only humans and beasts. Or Beasts and undeads (also close to each other, but undead and human aren't). In pic weapon is furnished to to fight Humans and Beasts, but if you tried to use same weapon for Beasts and Dragons (which are not close to each other), you would fuck up your weapon.

If there was a romhack to fix a few things it would be personal 10/10 for me.

Been playing lots of 100%OJ, i wouldn't recommend it if you hate having the entirety of your game be decided on random dice rolls, but it's fun regardless.

Unrelated but have some C64 chipset music.

Escape Velocity motherfucker. Pirate EV:Nova and there are total conversion mods for the previous 2 games, else you're emulating mac. Just fucking trust me, play it.

pic related
I'm not too far into it, but I probably would at this point in the game. Mechanically it's just a basic fps, but they really nail the suspense and how frighteningly quick the Xenomorphs are.
almost makes me want to actually watch Alien

vagrant story is so unbelievably fucked up

you'll spend 50% of the game time diving the fucking menu, was it so hard to make a quick shortcut menu where you can equip 3 or 4 weapons and quickly swap into them

alundra is a real masterpiece, it tried too hard to be zelda and it made an excellent job at it. the platforming is quite a challenge too.

but it has some bullshit on it, for example, some of the important collectibles are missable, how is anyone supposed to know you're supposed to go into the miners shack to the northwest of town BEFORE the first fucking death, which happens almost right after the tutorial you won't get locked out of the game but you'll get locked out of certain content golden falcon store.

get out jew

That's what I'm talking about in my post.
They should have made analogs bindable so you can quickly access spells and other weapons (sometimes in one room you encounter up to 3 different types of enemies needing 2-3 different weapons). Being PS one game ("not everyone have analog gamepad") is lame excuse since everyone around 2000 got their hands on analogs and even if you didn't have one, it's optional improvement. But SquareSoft being fucking retarded they would probably waste one stick on camera rotation.
No analogs Sony policy fucked up a lot of games.

Also menu by itself is slow to go through. Having to save for everything (like chest access) is also fucking stupid. Block pushing puzzles are also cut material and it's just a time padding.

Loved that game when I was younger. Most Mario RPGs made before a certain time are fantastic. SMRPG, Paper Mario, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Superstar Saga, Bowser's Inside Story, all amazing games.
Fuck Miyamoto for ruining Sticker Star.

Outrun 2006: C2C

No, I would not recommend that you play this game

I DEMAND that you play this if you haven't already. Hell, even if you have already, play it again.

I have been playing the shit out of P.N.03 for GameCube. It's a third person shooter that is set in a futuristic cyberpunk-esque setting that was made by Capcom and directed by Shinji Mikami. The game features RE4 style over the shoulder shooting and a DMC-esque sense of style. You play as Vanessa Schneider, a mercenary for hire, who is tasked with infiltrating an abandoned space colony and destroying the hordes of automated robot defense mechanisms who reside there and that have gone haywire. There are 11 story missions total, a series of 8 or so bosses, and 50 trial missions. Each main mission is comprised of a series of rooms that each contain various enemy encounters, and the player's primary objective is to purge each room of foes, while the trial missions are a series of challenges whose 15 rooms are a random assortment of rooms taken from the previous main mission.

Your character has one primary mode of attack called the Palm Shot, a number of special abilities called Energy Drives, and a variety of suits called Aegis Suits. You simply hold A to fire a stream of energy shots at your foes, or repeatedly press A if your current Aegis Suit is not equipped with automatic mode. Additionally, each suit comes equipped with Energy Drives, which are special moves that consume energy when executed. Each move is performed by quickly inputting a D pad combination and then pressing A. Some moves offer incredible attacks that deal massive damage, while others will offer brief invincibility and increased damage output. There are 3 types of Aegis Suit - the Fusion, Blazer, and Guardian models - and there are 3 subsets of suit - Prima, Intera, and Ultra - so there are a total of 9 suits you can acquire in the game, not including the two special suits. Fusion suits offer a balance between offense and defense, Blazer suits offer increased attack power but decreased defense, and Guardian suits offer increased defense but decreased attack power. When you complete a mission, you are awarded credits that you can use to acquire or upgrade suits. The suits require a lot of credits to fully upgrade, so this encourages players to replay trials as many times as possible or play through the game more than once.

There are a variety of enemy types you'll face, and each one will require a specific strategy to defeat. The game starts out simple by throwing basic enemies at the player and in small numbers, but then eventually begins to incorporate more types and large numbers into each encounter, which can prove to be quite a challenge. There are ground foes, aerial foes, foes that move quickly, foes that hit hard, turrets, machine guns, missiles and lasers. While they can be defeated easily enough on their own, when they work in tandem with one another, they'll definitely keep the player engaged. You can't shoot and run at the same time, but you can dodge, crouch, jump and roll out of harm's way, so you'll have to develop a familiarity with each enemy and the moves they employ before you can then develop effective strategies for dealing with them in groups.

Naw, she's the villain and you hardly ever see her in the game.

Fucking millennials, I swear.
LoL was okayish during the closed beta. It has been only downhill since then it wasn't on a high place to begin with.

not him but i haven't watched it either.

It's no secret that this game is unfinished, and it shows. The environments are extremely similar and all sort of blend together into a bland amalgamation of tight corridors or wide open arenas. There is some variety in level design, but it gets reused ad nauseum, so you'll never quite feel like you're being introduced to new areas. The music is a simplistic and upbeat series of electro/house/jazz tracks that are easy enough to listen to but lack any sort of layered depth or discerning melody to tie them all together. The music serves its purpose, but it's nothing to write home about. There is a ranking system displayed at the end of every mission, and players are encouraged to kill as many enemies as possible and as quickly as possible, all without taking damage, but it's not quite clear what influences your overall ranking. Is it the number of enemies you destroy? Is it your combo multiplier? Does time or taking damage play a role? None of this is ever adequately explained. Bosses look impressive and feature some interesting movesets, but they're very susceptible to your Energy Drives, which makes them quite easy to defeat. Aegis Suits initially come with various stats, as explained above, but can later on be upgraded so that every stat reaches the highest possible value, which renders the variety the offered unimportant beyond each suit's individual set of Energy Drives. Max them all out, and they become mere skin swaps with different special moves. Trial missions are available after each main mission, and there are 5 trials per mission. However, you must complete each of the 5 trials before you move on the next main mission, otherwise you will not be able to go back and complete those trials again. This means that, after mission 1, you decide to do trials 1 through 4, and then move on to mission 2, you'll never again get the opportunity to do trail 5 during that playthrough. You will acquire a special suit if you complete every trial with a Professional ranking, so if you want that suit you better work on all the trails when they become available and make a point to do it before you move on to the main missions.

There are many ways this game could have been improved:
-A stage select mode so you can replay older missions and trials
-More distinct level design
-More than one primary mode of attack; maybe melee attacks or alternate weapons (A charge attack akin to Mega Man? Dual palm shots akin to Dante's Ebony and Ivory Gunslinger attack? A melee weapon like an energy sword?)
-More boss battles that require tactics to defeat and that aren't so weak to Energy Drives
-A boss attack mode
-A DMC-esque style system, complete with taunts
-Better character development, plot, and world building
-An additional mode of play that would add variety and that would work to disperse the monotony of an endless wave of combat scenarios; Maybe platforming could be incorporated into larger areas where exploration is necessary to progress? Double jumps, wall jumps, various acrobatics, climbing, some form of air hovering (jet packs?), etc.
-Maybe some special coins/icons/emblems/whatever you could collect to acquire an artwork gallery, or maybe

Even though the game is plagued by a number of issues, it's still pretty good for what it's worth. You get a solid 20 hours of play or longer, depending on whether or not you decide to complete all the trial missions and then go on to upgrade all the suits to their max potential, and that's not bad. The enemy encounters are fun, but repetitive, and short so it's the type of game you can pick up and play in short bursts in between other things you'd like to do.
Yeah, I would. You can run it on Dolphin or get it dirt cheap on E-bay or at any local second hand place that sells games. As far as third person shooters go, you could do a lot worse than this game. If you do play it, take my advice and play on easy mode first, because there is a steep difficulty plateau, especially without Aegis Suits that can both deal decent damage and use Automatic mode. Also, make sure to utilize your camera; around corners it can allow you to see what's there, and when you're above enemies who are below you on an incline it will allow you to better see their visual cues that indicate when they're going to attack.

Also, dat ass.

born 93, try harder to make me watch your shitty movie

Nice strawman, faggot. Alien is a fun movie is all.
Also I want to fugg 1979 Sigourney Weaver

I started playing through Demon's Souls today. I started with a barbarian, and I just got to Flamelurker, fuck that shit by the way. Game is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Item burden actually makes me want to use the in game storage, and manage what I should bring with me and what I should leave behind. I don't have any armor so far, but as long as I roll well, I don't really NEED it right this second. Fuck the grass system though, I hate grinding for items. Game has a sort of rustic charm to it.

You know, in all of my years, I have never played Outrun at all. This looks really cool though, so I gotta check it out.

Recently I've been playing Prison Architect again. I've not played since before 1.0 was released. It was a joy to follow during its development since it is the prime example of how early access should be done.

The game itself is very good also. There's quite a bit of depth and details in the gameplay and the presentation is clear and smooth. I would say it requires some amount of autism, but in general you can manage without.

Would recommend if you want a building/designing game.

Those hip movements look hypnotizing

Still 10 years too young to flap your mouth, faggot.

I just never got round to it. I haven't seen the new Star Wars either, I don't watch too many movies.

I forget how young the posters on this board areā€¦

cant understand people who complain about this. Resident Evil games give you a fixed number of healing items that are more than enough to get through the whole game and people love it. but when Demon souls does something similar it gets called out as a negative thing.

if you're so bad at vidya that you run out of healing items and need to grind for more, you literally need to git gud. the game has an incredibly high droprate for grass items to the point you get tens on the way to the boss from drops alone (not including all the healing items you find that are already on the map), and maybe 2/3 if you use the shortcut.

estus made the series more casual, because you get both estus and lifegems, you can heal all day, and if you still die, then you're playing wrong, no amount of healing will help there.

alien is shit :^)

Fair enough. I don't care about star wars at all.
The old trilogy was kinda nice, but not amazing and everything else is just meh.

Pic related, just finished the case with the ghost girl. It's pretty fun.

Been playing some Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls, SAO: Lost Song, Overwatch, and some Klonoa 1 on the side. I've got Zero Time Dilemma on the way, whenever Amazon decides to actually ship it, and I've been looking around on the Steam Sale, but nothing looks good enough to buy that I can't just already pirate.

I can't fucking stand the female player character's voice in my NG+ run. For once, playing as a girl was a an actual mistake. Otherwise a solid monster collector and a good digimon game. A little generic and bland, but I'd say it's worth $20 if you like Digimon. Music is alright too.

i paid 40$ for it

but i dont regret it if it brings more digimon to the west.

I paid $60. For a digital copy. I still feel shameful, but I did enjoy it.

I bought Rocket League during the Steam sale. So far it's fun but I am not sure what to make of it.

bought on vita here

You are right. Especially about estus. But I will keep playing and git gud regardless.

It's really just a small game that you can play with friends occasionally. A fun break game.

Really? I don't mind the feMC's voice, but Nokia makes me want to punch her in the face.

Same here, except I paid $43+shipping for the physical Asian English version because I hate buying digital games.

i bet she loves getting railed by metalgarurumons rocket dick and wargreymons terra dong

Same as always. Tribes Next is loads of fun.
Accidentally posted a 10bit mp4

This autistic shit. I've no clue why I downloaded it.

Nokia is less grating for some reason. I honestly don't know why since she's probably more annoying, but something about her voice is not bothersome to me.

Doing a Cursed Weapon Dragon Bone Smasher build and its fucking amazing. I much prefer DeS over Das as I feel the game has better level design.
I hated both the Duke's Archives and Lost Izalith just as much.

Still waiting on the next content update and hoping they make Tachanka not shit.

Katawa Shoujo.

I'd recommend it, particularly if you're interested in VNs and don't know what to start with.

Whatever, I've been playing a lot of Banjo Kazooie, Disgaea and Splatoon lately. I like them. Even if most people on Splatoon are more interested running off and doing their own thing.

Bayonetta 2.

Pretty gud so far. I haven't played 1 yet buy I might just to get more gameplay. I really like the boss designs, basically the entire game feels like a long, linear Zelda dungeon where every room is the miniboss room.

Kinda worried about it being short though. I'm on chapter XII and it already feels like its wrapping up.

Born 97, Alien is an incredible movie. The first 10-15 minutes is utter boredom, honestly, but the rest of the movie is thrilling and suspenseful like no other movie I've ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, the suspense and anticipation that the movie inspires in you is unbelievable. But by all means shitposters, don't fucking watch it. It's too good for you anyway.

I was born in 87 and you're a faggot.