Download Odin Sphere remake on PS4

Why on earth does all the weeshit on PSN stay at obscene prices? Things like Atelier, Tales, anything by Gust or NIS in particular seems to suffer from "weeb tax" that keeps the prices insanely high.

Its not even 'because japan' because in sales you see shit like MGSV drop to Β£6.99 while in sales any of the "rpg with anime artstyle" games drop to Β£19.99 at best. The only exception i have ever seen was Witch and the Hundred Knight for Β£11.99 a while back.

Whats the deal with this?

In some cases, there's no physical release, which strikes me as a case where the publisher takes advantage of no used copies being around to control how much people have to pay. And usually even when used copies get cheaper, it takes a fair while for the publisher themselves to take note and (maybe) give the game a permanent price drop for the digital release.

With Odin Sphere Leifthrasir though, that just came out a few weeks ago. Doesn't shock me that they'd still be asking full price (though I've already seen one Vita copy locally down to about $23 used).

Why should they change the prices if people will pay them?
Shit is buggy as fuck and can brick consoles. That's probably how bad it needs to get before they make it cheaper.

Wasnt the bricking solved? or just a US version issue?

NISA fixed something? Sounds hard to believe, m8.

Well NIS might and NISA left you to rot. Again.

The PS3 version of The Witch and the Hundred Knight crashed (it didn't brick consoles).
The PS4 re-release is fine.

As for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, the price is relative to how much value you give to the product.
Personally i think it's the best re-release ever made with tons of effort put into it, and it additionally contains the original version of the game gameplay wise, in HD.
So for me the price was absolutely worth it, especially since it's a pretty damn long game overall in addition to all that.

But either way i'm sure it'll go on sale soon.

Because people pay a premium for their fetishes. Modern Japanese games do not offer compelling gameplay so instead they make their games designed to alleviate the crushing loneliness of otaku.

That's almost 10 years ago.

Odin Sphere is published by Atlus, they seem to be putting "extra taxes" on all of their games as of lately.

The fact every Atelier+ game is still a full 40 bucks many years after the release of the first one and never go on sale makes me think Bandai Namco doesn't give a shit either.

If you want fair pricing, beg to your god of choice to get it localized by Xseed. NISA usually has good pricing and put their games on every digital sale possible, but, well, they're NISA.

The entire point of the remake is to revamp the original gameplay to the point where it's almost an entirely different game.

Oh you bet your sweet boipussy Fatlus charges weebtax.

Var annars?

I don't speak your mystical language, snowbro.

HEIL SEGER

kill yourself whoreson

For one, the gameplay was revamped from combat, to map design, and the a bunch of other things. Second, how is that even a argument? Ninja Gaiden and DMC have great combat systems that are 10+ years old but that doesn't stop them from being great still. Especially considering there have barely been any 3D action games that have better combat than them. As far as 2D beat em ups go. The only games I see having better gameplay than Odin Sphere is Guardian Heroes and D&D: SoM.

Because it is the superior industry

My illiterate, lobotomized friend, my entire life i've used the following rule:

$1 = 1 hour

If a game that costs 60 bucks gives you 60 hours of gameplay, then i find it fair.
If you don't like this rule, then you can suck your own dick and go fuck yourself today and also tomorrow, absolutely for free, for maximum profit.

dumbest post I've read today

nigga's even wearing sandals πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Odin Sphere is well worth the money.

What exactly is worth that much to you? AAA games with 8 hours of shallow gameplay?

Dumb nigger.

I forced myself to wait and travel to a country that actually sold physical copies of this game. I got it just the other day with a physical copy of Atelier Sophie. It was worth it.

Just feel lucky you don't live in aus. 100 dollaridoos for weeb games.

Like…all of them.
JP has a physical release, NA got a physical release, EU got a physical release.
Where the hell did Odin not get a physical release?

nah man, nah.

Fucking Johan dude.

that nigga gives no fucks

Have you ever seen such zen calm in a white man?

dude knows what he likes and is unafraid of repercussions
in a way i admire him

I have seen the original Atelier games on sale though.

South America.

Why are you commenting on something you obviously don't know anything about?
It doesn't matter how old Odin Sphere is, the remake has completely redone everything about it. The fact that the original is 10 years old is completely irrelevant.