Tfw Nier Automata looks like the better SE jrpg than FFXV

Tfw Nier Automata looks like the better SE jrpg than FFXV

But you know FFXV will sell a metric asston day one followed by awful reviews while Nier Automata will barely sell at all, be remembered fondly as a cult classic that never gets another sequel.

You know its going to happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Drakengard/
gamerant.com/scalebound-hero-female-123/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SHUT
DOWN
EVERYTHING

That's a stupid thing to say.
I don't like the direction FFXV is going either, but they're two completely different games.

FFXV is aiming to be an ARPG version of a JRPG, where Nier 2 is aiming to be an action game with JRPG elements, those are two very different things that have different priorities in terms of designing core mechanics, how it controls, and how the combat feels like.

Cheering exclusively for one way of doing things leads to market sagnation, each fanbase should have it's own niche.
By making FFXV more like a pure action game, it would alienate FF fans even MORE, going the hybrid "structured" AJRPG route means they can still retain a part of that original fanbase.

Not only that, but in terms of AJRPG hybrid mechanical solution they couldn't have even gone the KH route, as KH3 itself is coming out in the future, so doing that would've cannibalized their own IPs, so this specific solution was the only thing they could've done aside making it strictly turn based (and that doesn't sell anymore on home consoles, period).

What?

It will have RPG elements and the developers themselves called it a "JRPG" (even tho the classification of these things in japan is different from ours, and especially Holla Forums incredibly restrictive genre classification that complicates things even further).
It's somewhere in this vid, search it yourself, i'm too lazy.

How did you extrapolate JRPG out of the Automata trailer?

He's technically justified, see

arent you a good little goy.

You do know that Nier is soo fucking niche that SE don't even want to produce it anymore. Its Yoko Taro persistence that made SE caved and greenlight the project.

not saying Nier is a bad game, but its only have a small cult following that SE think theres no profit to be had with it.

However among niche titles, Nier 2 is by far the most high profile Taro has ever been involved in.
Most people are talking about it, way more than one could say about any Drakengard game, or the first Nier.
This is definitely a launching project for him, if this game sells well and he plays his cards right, i think his long term goal is to become a Kojima-like developer in terms of reputation for making weird and interesting games.

This game looks really neat, both gameplay and atmosphere, but I haven't played any of the sequels.
I've heard several times that they are rather tedious gameplay wise, opinions on that?

The first is kind of bland gameplay wise, but the story, soundtrack and world make up for it.

Think rpg shadow of the colossus.

I mean prequels of course.

Drakengard 1 is incredibly clunky to play and unless you're a very dedicated person you won't make it to the end (protip: you aren't).
So you can read this instead:

lparchive.org/Drakengard/

You can skip D2 and D3.

Nier 1 isn't awesome in terms of gameplay or anything but it's still playable and decent, even enjoyable in certain parts so you should play that yourself for sure.

Nier 2 does look really fun. I think we can assume Platinum is putting their real effort and attention towards that than Scalebound and all those Activision games.

The trailers for FFXV make it look good, but that gameplay at E3, at least the MS conference, was a really poor choice.

when was it ever going to be like this?

Also, Nier Automata looks like one of the defining reasons to get a PS4. Sony needs to market it better, they're doing a terrible job handling it.

gamerant.com/scalebound-hero-female-123/

We lose either way.

More people care about Nier Autorama than FFXV
I doubt XV will shift more than 1.5 million copies at most

You're probably right OP.

Can't wait for the IGN review.

At this point its hard to laugh at xbox one owners, they made a poor monetary choice but they are fucked over every time. Every single time.

You have your indie VR games user, thats what PC is for now.

Because Drakengard 1,2,3 and Nier were also on PC.

If it's going to be on PC they're putting it on PC. They're not going to go "oh shit we totally forgot about an entire platform".

I know when NieR Automata comes out I won't be to blame if it sells poorly.

No wonder the game is such a mess. It's like Kamiya wanted an RPG about a loli playing Pikmin with dinosaurs and Microsoft decided he needed to repurpose it into DmC: Devil May Cry.

no thats pretty on point tbh famfamwambalam

Wasn't it that Microsoft wanted a Monster Hunter that would appeal to western audiences

Do you have a need?

It's a spinoff. It's not even related to nier other than they take place in the same universe.

Daily reminder that

Gamers a shit.

Fallout 4 was insanely advertised
I don't think I've seen a game advertised as much as Fallout 4 was
FFXV will have almost no advertisment

I need this game that's for sure.

Not really.

Nobody bought an Xbox One for Japanese games. It was clear from the start MS didn't care about anything but triple A shooters, racing and sports.

Oh and TV obviously.

Xbox one is still insanely dead though
I'm not sure if there is a console as unforgeable as it

Funny thing is Monster Hunter already appeals to western audiences as it is.

and its firmly in Nintendos court. Microsoft poisoned the xbox brand well at the 'bones reveal and no matter how many brand loyalists kept trying to push "The One" on Holla Forums the damage was done. Holla Forums's prophecy of "sonyntendomination" came to pass. PS4, 3DS. There is no reason to get any other none pc gaming hardware unless you absolutely have to play Bayo 2 and w101.

Its ogre, we saw this with Sega and peter moore back with the Dreamcast, it had to happen again.

I agree completely, but my point was is that a game doesn't have to go for the lowest common audience denominator and in fact could be entirely niche and yet have mass market appeal. See also the PS2 library of games.

It appeals to the west well enough, but still nowhere near the numbers Capcom wants it to reach.
Because they're fucking insane assclowns that want unreasonable numbers from niche series and then stop porting shit over when it doesn't meet their stupid insane expectations in sales thinking "oh then the west obviously doesn't care".

And yes i'm fucking bitter Capcom, i've had to import shit from you for years now just because i like a series that you refuse to adapt in the west even with just subtitles, you pieces of goddamn shit.

user i want you to sit down.

The PS2 was over 15 yars ago.

That wonderful time has passed and the benevolent dominion of our cishet shitlord transmysoginistic ways have passed for devs, now they cower in fear of the problem glasses and side mullet.

I'm glad tumblr still doesnt know about Khaine.