AHHHH WHAT DO

Should I buy it guise? Or should I buy previous games first?

No

Play it in order. trust me.

Well duh.
Get it on GoG or pirate.
Is that so hard?

Watch others on youtube. Or at least 3 and PW, only those are relevant to 5.

fuck you why wasn't there a steam sale thread earlier I hate making threads so I bought two RPGs without any help with recommendations to keep me tied over until the South Park game
I have no idea what I'm doing in lightning returns other than knowing she's some sort of Mary Sue Thanatos-tier waifu
Is this game any good and will I get a game over if I don't succeed in the 6 days it gives me because I have no idea what I'm doing

Also I bought the last remnant is that a good RPG too?

Also sorry op can't help you I never played an MGS game

im new to the series i don't know shit, I just heard it was gud

I figured this would be the response i get when it came to a series like this, thanks for the confirmation I guess
/thread
(^:

Part of the fun is watching the series evolve, but you will have a hard time figuring out whats going on if you start at that point.

Normally this guy would be right, but if anything, I think MGSV would probably end up better if you don't know shit about the series, disappointing end to the franchise and all.

Can, just not in the original post, I guess they don't specify that on KnowYourMeme. Better luck next time.

If you played 5 first, You'll be lost.

If you played it last, you'll be able to follow whats happening, but you'll be let down.

That's some shitty meme right there.
End was MGS4.
Everything past that is fanservice. Expecting something you didn't know already from it was pants on head retarded.

Don't buy MGSV. Pirate it if you really want to play it. The online features are shit and Konami surely doesn't deserve the money.

Keep helping the fat man kill PC gaming.

yuo of say this like you are the meme god, but i can assure u that you are just a mere meme peasant

are you basically saying i should start with mgs 3?

End was MGS2.

Yeah, pretty much. Dilemma is up to you OP.

MGS3 is the best one.

You'd be wise to save it for later.

Just play in order.

Don't play Metal Gear games. Shitty "stealth" mechanics, shitty story, shitty everything.

If you want stealth, get Thief or Chaos Theory.

Pirate the games before it, play them, then pirate this game and play it.

so basically start further back, but to a point to where i can bear the disappointment feels

fuck it I'll just get the entire series when i have the money.
thanks for the advice

Happy to give it. It's nice to encourage people to play games I like.

I might be able to get mgs 3-5, would that be wise?

Just pirate the movies from Youtube :^).

Have you considered emulators? You might be able to try it from the start that way.

3 and 4 have different protagonists, 4 continuing off the story of 1 and 2, so you'll be lost without question.

I know you are eager to preach pirating like a Jehova's Witness buccaneer but I think if he wanted to pirate it, he would have already.

Do you see that V? It's a 5.

Why do people keep asking this? Play in release order or don't play at all. It's a story driven series with heavy continuity, it's common knowledge.

Never get into a long running series through the last installment, especially if there's a number in the title.

Don't want to play the games? Read a summary or something then. That's what I did for MG1 and 2 (Although I ended up playing them anyway).

Pirate the games as well. Konami doesn't want to make games anymore, only pachinko machines. They don't care.

buy yourself a noose and hang yourself, faggot

MGS thread?

5/10 ok for its time

8/10 really fucking good, especially for its time

7/10 good if somewhat overrated, exceptional for its time

>MGS2 Demo
Ruse cruise/10, nothing like the actual game

6/10 high production values, meh gameplay, retarded plot, overall medciocre, hipsters will tell you otherwise

9/10 one of the best games in existence, also turbo popular so hipsters will hate it, controls didn't age very well, otherwise would be 10/10

6/10 top-tier gameplay, which is 20% of the game, the rest is stupid action movie

7/10 pretty good for its platform

8/10 as far as portable games go, it's one of the best

>MGSGZ
Ruse cruise 2: Open World boogaloo /10 nothing like the actual game again

8/10 Peace Walker 2 basically, story is dumb, but gameplay is top tier, improved version of MGS4 with PW mechanics and management, 1/3 of game is cut though, otherwise would be on par with MGS3

For shitsake, PLAY THE GODDAMN SERIES IN FUCKING ORDER!!!!

YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND A GODDAMN THING IN V WITHOUT PLAYING THE OTHER FUCKING GAMES!!!!!

THIS IS LIKE WATCHING THE GODFATHER STARTING AT PART TWO AND WONDERING WHO THE FUCK IS THIS OTHER GUIDO FUCK IN ITALY AND WHY IS RELATED TO THE MAIN GUIDO FUCK!!!!

It's called Snake Eater because you eat dick

I was talking updated version.
Vanilla was pretty meh because of shitty camera and absurdly low difficulty.

Never played a Final Fantasy game, but I keep hearing Lightning Returns is shit.
I'd recommend FATE for an RPG. It's an older game, but it is quite fun and is full of items and shit.

You reek of cuckchan.

For gods sake, think of your backlog! That shit is starving for a good session. It's full of amazing shit!

I'm just against commersialism, you stealth shill, you. The game is fine.

This 4chan influx cant end soon enough.

Consider the fact that absolutely nobody who made the game would profit from your purchase.

Oh shit nigger what are you doing. Don't skip the earlier games, they're the best ones in the series.

reported for being a faggot also sage

sage

c'mon OP