MInecraft Server Sneaking

I'm searching for unlisted, open Minecraft servers and having a look around. It's kind of comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

shodan.io/search?query=port:25565 1.10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Taking screenshots in this server was kind of tough because mobs kept chasing me away from anything remotely interesting. I accidentally let someone's ocelots out of their jungle biome simulator thing, too.

I found a farm before the night passed. I needed food, so I took their carrots. For some reason, I got "Herbalism" skills for taking them. I got some sort of XP for eating them as well.

I paused here to make the thread, but when I came back, the server had reset and a whitelist was in place. Oh well.

Isn't there a Holla Forums server?
I was thinking of getting Minecraft to play with people here

This server seemed unremarkable at first, but then I found this little command block. It brought me to someone's underground fortress, where he was keeping two named villagers as prisoners. There was a pool above them.

I spawned on top of "Dark Arrow"'s house.

I don't know about any official ones.

His room says "Keep out!" but since I'm alone, I don't really need to listen to him.

Before going into Dark Arrow's room, I checked out the other rooms. The last few screenshots are of his room. I somehow ended up trapped inside, so I had to kill myself to escape.

That ship and that bridge in the distance both look pretty nice. This guy's chest was empty.

Hey I remember you, that thread you did a while ago was pretty sad

It started to snow shortly after I took the previous screenshots.

The big bear lake bookstore is nice and cozy. I'd hang out, if there was anywhere to sit.

i used to love just going around into minecraft servers with a bunch of signs and going on a walk and naming interesting landmarks in the ope that one day someone might walk all the way out to where i did and see some history, some lore and perchance enjoy it

I'd love to find the source of these minecart tracks so I could go for a ride.

It seems there was a battle. If only I could have been there to watch.

That sounds nice. Maybe I'll find your work while I'm out.

Yeah, I've done this a few times.

doubt it my friend, this was year ago, back in 2011-12, all those servers are long dead.

though, i'd do it again if i could be bothered getting the game again and then doing what you're doing, is it easy enough to be worth it?

I need to find food or else I'm gonna have to commit suicide again.

I use a site called shodan.io, search for "port:25565 1.10", and go through the list of IP addresses. I paid for expanded search results, but I don't know if you still have to do that. It's pretty easy, but whether or not you enjoy it will be up to you.

This thread is pretty comfy, though.

I found a cute little empty house, then returned to the spawn area to search the houses. Pretty much every chest is empty, and I've yet to find a farm.

Holla Forumscraft

The basement of that house had a bunch of empty chests for some reason. I was expecting something a little more substantial, given the redstone torch lighting. Come to think of it, why are all the chests I find empty? Where are all the farms? Did someone just build everything? I don't know what the deal is with the red wool, either. I'm just trying to get into the glass house.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, user.

One can only dream.

This tunnel led me to the "main" part of this house, which had some pretty cool rooms. I finally found something called "Popped Chorus Fruit". I don't know what it is, or when they added it.

Whatever it is, I can't eat it. My search continues.

Man I wish I could find some 1.7.10 servers that supported minecrift, I wanna walk around multiplayer memecraft in VR, it's freakily lonely in single player

1.9 crafting material

I found a coffee shop without any food. I don't think that they're going to last long.

Good luck with your search. Why is it always 1.8s with this game?

Thanks.

My suspicion that this place was just built without any actual consideration for survival is growing.

I remember this "furnace" design and decide to throw the lever back and forth. It ended up engaging three dispensers full of fire charges, which shot directly into the flames below. My only question is, why?

I had to break something to continue my journey because they didn't give me enough ladders.

I found Dark Arrow's "Cill Room."

It's all so intricate. Does this settlement span across a large area, or is everything bunched up in one little place? I wonder if he built this with friends?

I found a hot tub on the roof. Pretty nice, but there's still no food.

It's all built into one little hill. There's so much tight stone hallway it almost put me to sleep.

this thread is so comfy

I didn't notice this trench of death while I was in the home. It's not very far from it, but you'd just fall into the void. At this point, I realize these guys are playing on Easy because I'm only on half health when I'm finally out of food.

I found a handful of servers, but apparently the login thingy is down for maintenence or some shit

Finally, I found a place with food! This little forest is nice, too.

What's the IP?

This side of the world seems much more developed than what I'm used to. As curious as I am about this purple command block, I'd like to see what else this place has to offer first.

That's weird. I had to use a different browser from my main, though my main browser kind of breaks everything.

Sorry, no IPs tonight. Maybe some other time I'll bring along guests.

bretty good :D

This is what I've found so far, looks like some kind of tournament place.

I can't actually take water from the water tower, which is quite unfortunate. I take a bucket anyway.

I think I've found a family's server or something. I'd love to visit the building in the background, but mobs keep spawning inside, and I don't have a weapon.

That looks pretty neat.

You need to build yourself a gun

The building on my left is a hotel that's thankfully empty. Something happened to one of the rooms, though. The "unavailable" room had some odd stuff in its chest.

I finally found a farm, but without any crops.

I'd love to, but ammo would be hard to come by.

Actually, I think this is a school's server.

Today's lesson was apparently farming.

Redhawk was the only one who did his homework. Everyone else's chests were either empty or just had books and quills.

Redhawk is a good kid

I decided it was worth whatever risk required to see the inside of the adjacent building. As it turns out, this is a school!

The student presedental staff area was pretty empty, but the janator's closet was packed with supplies. I'll return this, I promise…

"The Sun and Moon" by cobraturtle.

Here's hoping he stays that way.

Their equipment is used wisely and effectively. It's nice having a building that's resistant to Creeper explosions. This Commands room just has a bunch of Redstone wire and a daylight sensor. It's probably to control some lights somewhere.

The art and chemistry rooms are neat. I'm not sure why the Nether warts are "watered" with lava, but it's their farm.

I can hear a lot of monsters throughout the building.

The chemistry lab is quite well stocked. All of these chests have a stack of items, at least.

After about 50 more "mod invalid" or some other errors booting me out, I found this server, there's all kinds of shit here, like an underwater house that seems to have exploded at some point

The mining room and study hall are somewhat plain. What's back in that corner, though?

I'm glad I took the armor, because the mobs are tracking me through the building.

Awesome! That must be quite an experience in VR.

Are there any mods that make the worldgen more like this?

It's roof access. As much as I'd love to see the rest of this world, this school has a lot I've yet to see.

I returned to the first floor.

The office had a skeleton inside – hell of a principal – and a bunch of signs.

The Minecraft science room had another skeleton inside. Maybe these mobs are the staff.

Is this a supply closet, or do they lock troublesome students inside?

I didn't see this chest at first.

I went back up onto the roof, and found a ladder that took me deep underground.

meant for

Is this some sort of graduation walk thing?

I found another ladder that took me back to the surface.

Around the other side of the school, there's some sort of lunchroom.

I found lots of chests while I was there.

It's like exploring old civilizations.
Hope you're having fun, user-kun

I think I've found their "duling" arena. It has a nice little observation tower, with controls for a number of dispensers that release monsters into the arena.

Let's visit lollipop land! There's four wool houses in the corners, and each one has a sword and a named dye inside.

Actually, is this the duling arena?

That's exactly how I feel. You bet I'm having fun.

Here's the Hilton hotel. It sits on its own little chunk of grassland. It's so exclusive that even trying to get in requires some vandalism, and leaving implies suicide.

wow that looks like garbage

2 nuggets for a room, 23 nuggets for a swet. Pretty expensive, if you ask me.

The last time I was told to stay away from a room, I had to commit suicide to escape, but whatever. The basement ladder leads to a luxurious lounge.

It's pretty repetitive design.

This room seems to be a transit station.
Holy shit.

There's a bowling lane and something that looks like a stage on the other side of the basement.

I don't understand this mob grinder.

Fuck off, Mark.

I returned to the top of the basement ladder and checked out the other two rooms. The one on the right had some command blocks, and the one on the left led outside.

For some reason, I've begun to hear blazes.

I can only imagine the things that happened on these servers. The fights, the adventures, the achievements.

I remember one server I visited that was a world full of one man's creations dated all the way back to alphas. He even signed and dated his creations with signs, when he could. He even came on the server and gave me a little tour when he noticed someone was on. It's a shame I couldn't get the nerve to stay on, because there seemed to be more to it than I'd seen.

When I tried to come back a few days later, the server was offline.

I found a blaze. It didn't have a texture, for some reason, but it was still able to shoot fireballs at me. I hear more on the other floors. I suspect I'll be dashing for the door when it comes time to leave.

The balcony in the first screenshot was on the second floor, same as everything in the last post.

I found another blaze, but I killed it before it could hurt me. This is the third floor.

Turning kids into autists is apparently more important than teaching grammar

First is the tree preserve. It has a little smokestack on the outer edge. Second comes the hot tub. The controls, unfortunately, do nothing.

I took the diving board in an attempt to avoid the blazes inside the hotel. There was one outside, though.

There's some nice stuff around the pool.

Yeah, that was a pretty common theme.

Now who knocked these statues down? Wasn't me, that's for sure.

I tried learning skateboarding a year or two ago. I never went to a skatepark, but I feel oddly at home in this skatepark.

There's a lot to it. Mostly horses.

I can't exaggerate the number of horses there are in this park.

If not for the livestock, Tony Hawk would be proud.

I found one with a saddle! Awesome!

This is what the arrow pointed towards.

What's this message thing? What's the button do?

Fuck, where am I?

spelling, not grammar.

I see, that "Message" was a map, and this guy is a map artist. Neat.

those statues are creepy af. you find anything else uncanny in your travels?

Following a long, wide path, I found whatever the hell this is. I tried to scale the wall, but I accidentally broke the redstone circuit.

A while ago, I visited a server where there were these offerings to God in a chest. It was, surprisingly, empty. There's also this in the last screenshot.

I mean to say that the chest was labeled as offerings to God. (The sign was in German, and another user translated for me.)

I wonder if my sudden enchants have anything to do with the Reaper thing.

I wonder why this block is on fire, but I've already disrupted enough.

I've been told I think about things too much.

I think this was built to spook someone. Let's go inside.

The building was disappointingly empty.

Has anyone ever logged in while you were exploring?

I destroyed the murder scene with water, so I decided to reconstruct it. No one's gonna notice the difference, probably.

This Birch building is empty.

Yeah. Sometimes I'd stumble upon populated servers, and either there were enough people that I could leave without being noticed or I'd talk with them a little. There was also the time I mentioned earlier when I found someone's private server full of their creations.

There's a lot of nothing out here.

Going back towards the path, I spot something in the distance. It turns into a lot of stuff.

Did someone steal the door?

There's another mysteriously flaming block. All these buffs let me kill anything I see instantly. It makes the journey much easier.

You're doin' the lord's work, son.

I'm not going to push this button.

Hey, look, a ship! Why is it on fire?

I like this ship. It's got a lot to it.

you probably need to link it to a mojang account

haha, they thought people'd be buying anything more than their flagship game

I found another ship. I guess this is why the British vessel is on fire.

> fast forward, the years go by as the tism creeps further in

Y'know what? A game based around this concept would be rad. You could build worlds with your friends in multiplayer and then eventually leave it behind, only for other players to be able to explore it.

I'm talking like being able to build gates that'd randomly warp you to other worlds or ones of your choice, and having a grand old time playing the game with your friends until you inevitably lose interest and just drop it. Think of a Yume Nikki/LSD Dream Emulator with a gimmick of being able to create custom worlds, and eventually leaving them to become a part of an evergrowing pseudo-dreamscape.

These ships are ccozy.

That'd be freaky.

Even better would be if the game operated on a decentralized network so that it'd never die, like NNTPchan.

Oh hey, it's those ships from earlier.

This is a nice little library.

There were a few Space Engineers servers with a Stargate mod, where you could go in a gate on one server and automatically be connected to the other.
Something like that should be easy enough in Minecraft. Maybe have a mod where you can make a portal out of glowstone, and you stick a sign on it with the IP and coords of the target server.

This thread makes me sad.

I may start up another server.. My brothers have been asking me to.

I wonder what this is.

I'm certain there's already server-side mods to connect to other servers. I think huge-ass servers divide their experiences this way.

Go for it, user.

Damn.

I like this church, though.

Damn that's nice

Found this place on some server, the area was claimed, so that's why nobody was able to destroy it
The massive bridge system connecting to the island was pretty beaten up though

Why do people say these threads are sad? Is it because of all this cool abandoned stuff?

That's awesome.
I love finding the stuff other people make. I just don't have the creativity or patience for making this stuff.

Why would anyone want to buy the minecraft equivalent of a tin shack that's right next to a beacon of luxury?

redhawk611's ghost is haunting Train Staiton 3
Half the staff has seen him, plus the cartmaster and me
And if you think we've had too much of Ian's homemade rum,
Just tell me where those half-size chests of food keep coming from!

To be fair, the beacon of luxury is kind of broken.

Oh fuck, redhawk joined. And immediately died. And then he left.

What is his game plan? Is his internet glitching out? Is he trying to spook me?

Try saying hi if he stays on long enough.

Is there any good cracked clients that you use , Holla Forums? Or should I should shill out the money.

If you complain you should be able to get your old account back. You'd have to remember the details though.
As for cracked clients I remember seeing one in a share thread ages ago. It might be in their archives, if they still keep archives

He left, came back, and now he's talking to me.

ABORT

Talk to him, ask him about the server.

I'm becoming nervous.

He's just exploring, no reason to panic

We had a little chat, this is how it ended. I guess I'm getting off scot-free. At least until his mother/teacher comes on and bans me.

Assuming it's a teacher, you'll probably have the whole summer before you get banned.

but we don't even get to hear it

Dammit.

This is kind of cool.

I prefer to just wander around most times. Maybe some other time I'll go salt-harvesting.

Maybe you could come along!

So the server isn't so dead after all

Holy shit this is like looking through old dead boards on Holla Forums. You get to see some pretty cool stories then BAM posting stops.

How do you find these servers and why don't people just do singleplayer if they are scared of losing their shit.

Fam. I like doing this shit. Its what attracted me to meincraft in the first place.

redhawk's got lots of creativity. Here's hoping he puts it to good use when he grows up.

I use a site called shodan.io. You can search for a fuckload of things with it – a common use is looking for open webcams – but I use it for Minecraft servers. If only you didn't need to pay for full access.

OP explained it earlier, just go to shodan.io/search?query=port:25565 1.10

You'll probably have to make an account first

Oh that's the same way you look for unsecured HDD and webcams.

hey should I use a VPN? chances of connecting to servers seems to be far worse (invalid session, i think the error was, makes sense if the IP's changing), but there's a possibility one of these servers is going to be some kind of honeypot right?

What kind of minecraft server would be honeypot?

I remember back in the days of indev when they first released multiplayer, my friends and I would jump on empty, griefed servers and set about fixing them up. It was just a bit of fun for us to rebuild destroyed pyramids, fix holes in houses. It was fun.

One time an autistic guy even joined in, and when someone came in to grief our hard work he said in chat in all caps "YOU HEAD IS A BUMBAG". We laughed so hard.

I dunno, some guy wanting to DDOS griefers

Well to answer your question, it IS a possibility, but I'd say the odds are a slim to none. I'd still use a VPN though, you never know who owns these servers.

He's back, and taking me for a tour in spectator mode. He's going really fast, so no time for screenshots.

Maybe, but I hadn't really considered that possibility until you brought it up.

Kill yourself

Okay, it's gonna be easier if I just dump every screenshot I take.

YOU HEAD IS A BUMBAG

You're in a Minecraft thread nigger what do you expect

He took me to a ton of places, and I grabbed a ton of screens.

Guess I should have used meme arrows to fit in better!

This kid is alright. Needs to work on his spelling and grammar but then again there are 20-30 year old adults that talk like this still.

Yeah, he was surprisingly okay with me running around his server for hours in his diamond gear.

Well, this would be one of his only chances to show off what he's built, probably running with it.

damn
this is good stuff

I suppose so.

Codemonkey please.

Nice steak

The server closed, and I'm still lagging behind in screenshots.

I thought it was a penis for a moment.

You should tell him that you're sharing the screenshots on an imageboard, and that we're all comfy as fuck with it.

I would if I could.

Fuck, man, I wasn't done looking around.

Why do people do this?

I don't know, man. But that place was cool.

sad
the adventure ends

Another day, another server.

Probably has a bandwith limit or some shit.
either that or he doesn't know how to rollback.

The mines are more like a tunnel.

And yet a new one begins.

This is giving me memories of the server I used to play on with some friends early on in the beta. Goddamn, I miss that server. We lost it after it got corrupted. Why is a Minecraft server hitting me in the feels so hard?

Do you still play with those friends?

Nah, I haven't played the game pretty much at all since the server closing. And the server players went their separate ways quickly afterwards.

A creeper appeared on the second floor, so I think it's time I left the building.

This is a nice house, though.

This railway is pretty neat.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hope you meet a few of them and can reminisce a little. If that's your thing.

OP, is it an empty server?
Because goddamn

I'm feeling

I've been to a few servers. And yeah, they're all empty. Except that one I was in for like five hours, but someone only showed up in like the last half hour.

I see. Keep posting then. I do want some minecraft feel before I play with my friends this weekend.

When you think about it, there must be thousands and thousands of empty, abandoned servers that used to be so full of life.

How does this happen though? Who pays for the servers to stay up? I don't understand why these abandoned worlds even exist, let alone are able to be connected to.

I didn't think I was high enough for clouds to be a problem.

Of course.

Hell, you can even find abandoned places on normally active servers. I was on Holla Forumsandcraft for a little while, and I found tons of stuff just by going off the beaten path.

Some of them are probably hosted at home and forgotten. Some of them are just in the midst of their off hours. Maybe a few of them are repeated transactions on someone's bank account that someone just stops noticing after a while.

I think I found all I'm going to find here.

Dammit, this server took my skin away.

I just realized that bricks are not aesthetically pleasing

Not the way Minecraft does them, anyway.

And theyre such a fucking pain in the ass to get too.

What the fuck is up with all the sheep?

True. Though, haven't tried them as foundation for houses. Might be good, just might.

The only thing clay good at is making flower pots.

And 80%-100% of cobblestone buildings are always stupid looking.

THE SHEEPLE HAVE AWOKEN.

First image is in the championship prizes chest, second is in Zoe's chest.

Can't hurt to try.

What have we done?!

I wonder what this switch does.

DON'T DO IT.

The switch didn't do anything that I could tell.

The ladders go up to the roof.

I found a way into the arena.

Ah, so they built their own Myst game in minecraft.

Kek.

Kek.

Someone got jealous of someone else's beacon.

I don't get it, but I plan on playing Myst.

You'll know it when you started flipping switches

This building seems to be some sort of maze.

Okay.

Enter the maze. If you can vid record it, do it.

That's all from this server.

It was really small, not much to see. All the rooms were pretty much the same.

Wow, a creative server!

This just looks like one of the default villages with shit placed all over it, is there nothing more to it?

There isn't much that I can access. There's these stupid barriers and it keeps saying "You do not have permission to build here." I can look at the horses, though.

It's one of those "mainstream" servers – except I'm all alone. There's usually at least one person on these, unless they're all but abandoned.

I wonder when they got their last donation.

Which region?

Have a minecraft feels song

USA.

They spent a lot of time on configuration. Too bad their architecture is so boring.

Actually, I was just leaving the party.

I wonder how many parties they had here.

I'm getting sleepy enough that I've started to forget to post.

What's that globe thing?

I think the empty space is supposed to be the oceans. Either way, it's hollow.

At least I got some screens.

The horse was incredibly overpowered.

Kek

That much health. How?

Probably a long commitment to breeding.

You can selectively breed horses to turn them into super horses.

Like I said, this horse is OP.

Really? Never knew.
Always avoid horses because it lags when playing VLAN with friends

I can't stay up any longer, I have to sleep now.
Goodnight, everyone. I hope you enjoyed the thread.

Night, OP.
It would be nice someone else to join you in your quest

I hope so.

worlds.com

these threads are fun, thanks OP

mmocraft, a bukkit plugin

VRfaggot here, I'll try and take over for at least one post or two.

These three were from two different servers I was wandering around, and I must say, the big one with the light pillars looks like it was made 100% legit, as there were huge tunnels going into gigantic mineshafts picked clean just behind the first picture.

The other server looks like it was a creative mode server, but man, these kinds of giant castles with connected villages. It must have taken people months to make these places. Now they just sit abandoned.

This one's for you, FLAOT guy. Second one is just another nice castle I found.

This whole thread is both melancholy and spooky. I like it.

It feels like the whole thread is some meta ARG deal. I'm expecting full marble hornets by 300

"It's been fun."

Site's now gone but at least that page is still saved in archive.org.

At least we gathered the autism to make a group on einjin with everyone who played there, i have only visited the group like 3 times in between a few months and now like 4 years later i'm too ashamed to check it out

i decided to check up on people, my enjin profile has some sort of issue because i can't login even if i change the password to something simple like a bunch of 1s, some guy tried to make a copy of the server and revive it but nobody came in, random people asking for me and the owner just disappeared from the internet and her personal stuff in the end of 2012. i think she dead

Why does this thread make me feel sad and empty inside?

OP, I don't even like Minecraft but this thread was beautiful. So melancholic. Made me want to listen to this.

How often do you do this? I can't wait to see another one of these threads. My only regret is that I didn't get to contribute to this one while it was still active.

Maybe it's because you're looking at the remains of fun times shared by groups of friends that slowly fell apart?

I don't do them often. Maybe I'll do another one in a few weeks.

Hope I see you then.