Meanwhile at 1999 Holla Forums

Meanwhile at 1999 Holla Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemonfan18.wingsketcher.com/downloads/pokemongspftw.htm
synthetic-reality.com/wosHome.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kek

i cant wait for final fantasy 8!

I personally can't wait to see the successor to Everquest.

Quake is good, but I need this

Most of Holla Forums was about 3-years-old back then OP

Honestly the quality of the board probably wouldn't be much different

We need an Elder Scrolls 3

fug

My mom got me Beetle Adventure Racing for my N64!

I lost my folder of late 90's forum posts, if anyone can post some them please do it.

Bonus point for Nigger 64 featuring Tyrone.

Goddamn kids, get off my board

go back to that shitty Doom mod of Sonic you sour grapes faggot. piece of shit can't even handle SLOPES.

Guys you're never gonna believe this.

Imagine how massive and amazing games 17 years from now will be!

Sonic Adventure literally blows Super Mario 64 out of the water. Nintendrones on suicide watch.

woah, how did you make the image so clear? and what's up with that sideways aspect ratio?

So when the fuck are we getting a Matrix game? Imagine all the possibilities.

I come from the far away future of 2003 to tell you that its shit so are the 2 sequels

Have you guys heard about this game?

It looks amazing bet pcfags feel pretty silly right now :^)

>*we have one and its shit so are the sequels
fug

4chan doesn't exit in '99 bro.

Also, does anyone know that Gabe Newell forum post about his best friend is a computer and all that console wars pre-2000 when Sega fanboy actually exist and more obnoxious than Sony fanboy

okay, was path of neo really that bad? That's the only one I didn't play

guys, you exited for this shit?

kek

What is your pic from? Is The Matrix getting a sequel?

The Matrix never ever got any sequels by the way.

There was BBS.

Has anyone else noticed how much better video games have gotten lately? It seems like every month there's some new game that completely raises the bar. They're way better than any game on my older brother's dumb Sega Genesis. I can only imagine what kind of amazing games we'll be playing 10 years from now!

Also, remember to vote for George Bush in the 2000 election!

CAN'T PUSH THE BUSH

NEW LEAKS FROM PROJECT DOLPHIN!

I bet you're the same faggot that voted for Jessie Jackson.

path of neo was the good one

Did you guys hear about Nintendo's "Project Dolphin"? Nobody seems to know what it is, but they're making something.

trinity dies lol

can't wait to play the new Star Fox on this bad boy.

If Smash Bros 2 doesn't have Goku I'll kill myself

who would buy that, looks bulky as hell also
kek this is why nintendo will never catch on with the times

Looks like radio station equipment

Here you go

I love video games! I wish I could be a video game journalist and write about my favorite games!

Jon, Paul and Reiner's review doesn't lie guys, OoT is the best game of all time.

There are kids on this Holla Forums who were born after 2000.

D-Duke Nukem Forever will come out within the next year! Just you wait! It's gonna be the greatest first-person shooter of all time!

This year was pretty decent with games, I bet the next decade or two will just have incrementally more awesome games!

I'm so pumped for the future!

Still playing Fallout 2. Nothing will ever compare. Black Isle will live forever.

I sure am glad that Jojo is such an obscure series.
It sure would suck if it suddenly went mainstream and spawn page after page of cringy fan art and fan-fiction.

God Majoras mask sucked so much balls

They should of just made Ocarina of time 2

Guys my dad works at Nintendo and he told me there's gonna be a Pokemon 2 and you can catch Pikablu in it

Fuck you David

Hey guys, guess what! They announced that mega man x 5 is coming out next year! I bet it'll be the best one yet and it'll keep getting better with each sequel!

Guys imagine the next Zelda game on the DOLPHIN

Hey guys check out this cool web browser I downloaded from the Pokemon website

This needs to stop

I bet the next Nintendo Space World will show it off, I love Zelda. n64 ftw

What does Microtron even do?

she wanted the d

I'll probably quit Ultima Online once UO:R comes out as it casualizes the game. I'll just pick up some UO clone in a year or two that's more hardcore. I'm sure there'll be lots to choose from. I can't wait to see the future of the MMORPG genre!

Hey man, 56k warning next time. Some of us don't even have 56k.

nothing since it's a dead unsupported novelty browser
pokemonfan18.wingsketcher.com/downloads/pokemongspftw.htm

kek

Does that come in floppies?

I guess you can use slackware, Grandpa. It's still split for floppy distribution. Don't forget to download "N" or we'll never hear from you again.

I'll wait until internet gets good enough to download it
I don't want to pay for what that stallman guy calls "Free" software

duel me in lumbridge

I cant wait for Nintendo to go under.

I figure they'll have it down to a week in the next five years. At least ten before it takes less than a day. Don't get your hopes up.

Get out commie
RIGHT WING SNES SQUADS

I can wait 16 years if it comes to it, It's not like Microsoft is going to spy on me by then or anything

I hope Duke Nukem Forever comes out soon, I need a FPS with a good single player mode while I wait for that Team Fortress Classic sequel.

I did that in 1996, what's your excuse in 1999?

Not everyone can afford a $30,000 bit of paper

You can use their library systems and gopher for free, luser.

Unga bunga Rockstop

Dude has anyone else tried that game Well of Souls?
You can make custom sprites in paint, I made a Inuyasha one!
synthetic-reality.com/wosHome.htm

Just wait. In about 20 years or so, people will pay $50,000 for .jpg files!

DVDs won't save it. The playstation was lightning in a bottle, and sega is going to make back all that lost money from the saturn

Oh god, I remember installing one of those Nintendo browsers.

Have you heard, EverQuest is up to 400k subscribers! That's insane. Once the market diversifies we'll likely never see anything of that size again.

Just wait. In about 20 years or so, people will pay $50,000 for .jpg files!

I wish Jack Thompson would fuck off so we could play video games without the media painting us as monsters for it.

quake 3 = tourneyfag tryhard trash for dads

Ultima Online is better and you know it

Yeah, I do.

VINCE MCMAHON IS THE HIGHER POWER?!

AW SONOFABITCH

I CAN'T WAIT FOR WWF WRESTLEMANIA 2000 ON N64, NIGGERS, FUCK YEAH.

Gawker is dead, Liru came out, but Dreamcast will always be gone.

I heard that one of McMahon's Friends is going to run for President in 16 years and another of his friends is going to take down an online Media company
Wonder if that happens

What's a Liru?

Look on the bright side: at least the Dreamcast came to fruition. It could have just been a dream like the Neptune.

Guys, I just got a Net Yaroze dev kit. What games do you want me to make for the PlayStation?

smash bros is awesome, i wish there were some characters that werent nintendo though. as long as they arent niggers like cloud and sonic

Can't wait for fallout 3. How do you think it will be?

Make something as good as Zelda on the N64. Oh wait, you can't because the PS1 is a piece of shit and all its games are pixellated messes with shit controls that are bloated with voice acting and FMVs. LOL!

GUYS YOU HAVE GOT TO BELIEVE ME, THERE WILL BE A ATTACK ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

ITS GOING TO HAPPEN AT THE WTC, PLANES WILL BE HIJACKED AND FLEW INTO THE TOWERS

LOOK HERES A PICTURE TO PROVE IT

Oh you, john. Again you played with those stupid illuminati cards. Stop with your conspiracy theories, they aren't making anyone smarter.

Well let's hope this is the end of EA. They just killed Origin and I hope they don't kill Maxis.

Wishful thinking. Most of halfchan Holla Forums wasn't even in the womb in '99.

I was 2 years old.

lol nice editing fag

cant be any worse than this garbage
why cant i just have diablo in a nuclear wasteland?

I bet it would be like 1 and 2, but it will utilize 3D so you can switch between isometric view to other 3rd person perspectives.

I want daggerfall in nuclear wasteland instead.

Fake, graphics too clear, not even 4:3 haha fucking idiot

they couldn't even drop them with perfectly placed car bombs, those towers can't be destroyed by anything less than a SCUD barrage.

GUYS IM SERIOUS

ITS NOT A EDIT. LOOK AT THIS ARTICLE

WE HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE

dont worry, im sure they already know its going to happen
no one will get hurt

the future looks so bright ;w;

Hey guys, not to get too political or anything, but I have a bad feeling about jews and israel. Almost like they're connected to a lot of bad things in the world. And the holocaust seems fishy… I think we should have a board set up so we can discuss this. What do you guys think?

I fondled my neighbours butt yesterday and got strangely aroused, Holla Forums, now I have trouble talking to her. Can someone explain this to me?

At least be consistent with your edits if you want to play pretend time traveler.

As long as it keeps the story, content, and RPG elements from 1 and 2 intact, then I'm game.

Holla Forums does, not that it means anything. everyones mentally an 8 year old anyways

I know, right? What a luddite.

Clearly zip drives are the way of the future.

Fuck you, it's not 2017 yet.

If you weren't such a fag you'd know about how strong steel beams are. Jet fuel can't do shit to them, so no way a plane could do that kind of damage. Also, terrorist attacks on US soil? Shit never happens. Foreigners don't fuck with us.

:^)

SHIT I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT

LOOK, WHATEVER YOU DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU A FEW MORE THINGS

FEMINISTS WILL RUIN GAMING

THEY ARE GOING TO PUSH TRANSVESTITES AS NOT BEING A MENTAL ILLNESS

FURRIES WILL BECOME SO MAINSTREAM DISNEY WILL MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT IT

SEGA WILL BECOME SHIT

OH GOD A FEW SECONDS LEFT

UH, AND THEY ARE GOING TO CONTROL THE INTERNET

PLEASE STOP WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN YOU ARE THE ONLY HOPE

ONE FINAL THING DONT BELIEVE THIS MANS LIES WHEN YOU SEE HI-

Jokes on them Israel would never attack their allies!

you haven't watched many Disney movies, have you?

lol fags the Dreamcast will ensure Sega will keep making consoles with new interesting IPs

these things will become mainstream?
i can see them becoming a fad but thats sure to pass

He looks handsome, is he a movie star? Is he gonna star in a video game like Bruce Willis did in the Apocalypse game?

Man, imagine video games going side-by-side with cinema, being the hero of a movie would be so rad.

we never have those threads anymore. It makes me a little sad actually, since those threads are basically retarded fun.

Yeah, games should become more cinematic.

well, hillary sure is running her mouth against games a lot. shes the presidents wife so it gets a lot of attention
i hope she dies soon

Why shouldn't i? He looks like a man i can trust with all my heart, unlike my dad who left me in Nicaragua during our trip and only came back after 4 days when he thought something was wrong.

Meant for

Females, i knew it! Every time a girl comes to play with us everything is ruined, they just whine and whine until everyone stop having fun and listen whatever bullcrap they have to say! I still don't understand why mom insists on having girls play with us, we're all men! A men club! A men only club! I mean it's not hard to understand that when we're all boys we have fun meanwhile if there are girls everyone is bored.
Ms. Mitchell daughter is nice though, she doesn't whine and she can even play videogames, though she's nowhere good as us. I like her. I mean as a friend you know, it's not like i really like her or anything you know.

HAHAHA HE HAS A CRUSH ON MS.MITCHELL!!!
YOU WANT TO KISS HER ON THE LIPS TOO, YOU DORK?

HAHAH WHAT A DORK HE LIKES GIRLS, I BET HE USES A NIGHT LIGHT

That's pretty gay.

Haha nigga just steal it when nobody's looking, like just take it and run fam

What upcoming games are you excited for? I'm really looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever and Team Fortress 2.

Yeah Yeah, next thing you're going to tell me you need an IBM PC, right?
What a loser, why don't you get a real machine, with a RAM of 512 MEGA bytes.
That's right MEGA. Try and fit that into a crappy IBM.

Hell, most Blockbuster employees don't even give a damn if you get the five finger discount.

I was only 5 in 1999. Though I do remember putting off returning a Pokemon VHS until we moved and never bothered to return it, now that I think about it.

Can you fellow Wapanese culture hobbyists recommend any good Japanation?

Lately I've been watch that Ranma 1/2 and need something newer and more radical, you know?

The trailer for the Sonic Movie looks great, I wonder if it will get an anime?

GUYS I HEARD THEY ARE MAKING BoF5
I wonder if they will bring back dragon genes!
Im so hype!
Holla Forums did not exist in 1999

How about we move this thread up to 2004?
For historical accuracy.

How was Holla Forums in 2004 anyway?

more normalfaggy with Holla Forums shit all over
user culture started developing as we know by 2006

I hear Takahashi-san is making an even newer and more tubular Japanese animé (I hate when gaijin don't put the accent on the e!) called Dogboy-Sama! It looks totally righteous!

Guys check this shit out LOL

I remember this picture. It was from a "show us your desk" thread from the MegaTokyo forums 12 years ago. Somebody else in the thread shopped in the anime girl on top of the original.
Surprised to see it here.

There's a manga out now for this new series called Narütó. Check usenet for translations, it's probably not coming out here. Also I need to trade some laserdiscs for some DBZ fansub tapes, since Funimation is never going to release the Japanese version.

Huh, so thats where it's from? I was wondering what was the source.
I found it on konachan while looking for some vidya wallpapers.

You wouldn't believe me; in 10 years' time you will be paying for additional content for your games! even those for Personal Computers.

And in 17 years' time you will enjoy having many your favourite franchises ruined for profit in so called 'reboots'! Like Doom! or Quake even!

Now that I think about it, most of the kids I knew with a PS1 had divorced parents, while the N64 kids had parents that were happily married or at least kept up the semblance of love.

we call them sonyggers for a reason, user.

Obviously, but it's still a weird phenomena, like the overabundance of autism in Sonicfags or the battered wives of Payday 2.

If I'd gone to college for some liberal arts degree like sociology or psychology I could probably write several reports on those things.

I got called a faggot for playing EoSD and seeing waves of Cheese Pizza spam.

That is all I can really remember of the early days.