Vidya in afterlife

So, what do you think?
Are we going to be able to play videogames after death?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_oblivion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No_

Video games are the afterlife.

How do we know?

Only walking simulators.

You'll have eternity to play every video game ever created user.

Probably
Only SJW artgames

why would there be? we are only alive by a combination of electrical signals in our brain. That's like saying if a lightbulb burned out, it would leave behind a soul.

The demi urge owns you materialist

The hills are alive with the sound of tipping.

If there is one, I doubt you'd be very inclined to play video games.

(czeched)
How about we just say that nobody can know what happens when you die and we'll all find out when the time comes.

heh

i get it

We only find out if there is an afterlife. Otherwise, we will just fade away without having learned anything.

This sounds most realistic.

You're the software, not the hardware, so it is very possible.

Why not?

There's nothing inherently wrong with them.

If we lead good lifes we get a hot shota toy, if we lead bad ones we get brutalised and sodomized by old men?
Rustle was a prophet after all. And he's going blind.

I've dreamed that I was playing video games on several occasions. That's about as close to nonlinear/spiritual reality as you can get without dying. So, maybe?
Hopefully my dreams weren't about actual games you can find over there, though. Who'd want a Smash Bros game with 3D movement? Also, apparently Bowser's wife is a Junji Ito-esque eldritch horror.

that's stupid, if anything, you'd become a newborn baby sometime in the future, counting from the moment you died. if you become a normalfag stacy or a landwhale SJW depends entirely on the events that develop you to that point, which are all mostly random and you have no control over.

I'm kind of excited to die. I was awake all last night fantasizing about different ways to kill myself and all the fun things I would do on my last day.

I think dying would be really great, regardless of what ends up happening. I could

I think it would be pretty interesting, regardless of what ends up happening. The possibilities are endless. Even in the worst-case scenario I would just cease to exist, which is already a step up from the status quo.

I'm thinking of saving up for a gun. People say to use a helium tank but I've always imagined myself going out with a bang

Go to >>>/suicide/ for tips by the way.

I dunno mate, the fact that maybe after you kill yourself you straight up stop existing sounds pretty scary to me. It's nothing. For the rest of eternity. No desire, no fury, no happiness nor sadness.
Even if I end up in hell at least I know it can't possibly get any worse than that and at least experience the rest of my shit afterlife.

Don't raise my hopes man. I'll be definitely be visiting /suicide/. soon

Most religions don't take kindly to suicide, user.

I don't believe you realize how long an eternity is.

>>>/christian/

>>>/reddit/

Why?

Scary trips

That's just it though, it's nothing. You won't even have the capacity to regret it because you won't exist.

I find that to be pretty comforting to be honest.

I've always wondered, what if I pay someone else to kill me? Or provoke someone else into killing me e.g. suicide by cop or visiting a black neighborhood? Do you think that would count as suicide or am I still eligible for heaven according to christianity?

if penalties like that were in place, it'd be about the principle, obviously. not a christfag but I think the bible said something about loopholes being sinful or some shit anyway if you know you've broken the law yourself

also, shit thread

Too much effort if your gonna kill yourself. Seems to me it's only for attention, I wouldn't save up for a gun, why should I, why put the effort if in the end it will be meaningless? ligature would be the way to go if your actually serious about it.

Nigga, the only way you can get to heaven is too repent before you die, which to me is kind of sketchy seeing as how there's no way to make sure if you're going about it the right way. Nevermind the fact that it's still unknown if people do go to heaven after commiting crimes, I mean, what of those in death row, they are giving a chance to repent but do they end up in heaven if they do? Too many questions. Why not just say fuck it.

Y-yeah… i sure hope reincarnation is real.

Fuck man unless it's specific country by country as in you cant become a nigger in some African shithole then the odds are just badly against your favor in where your "soul" will land on.

Then again i dont think niggers have souls or anything like that so…

Also i'd be happy if i could atleast play vidya till i die, with the way the world and our countries are going to the shitter i wouldnt be surprised if most of us wouldnt life to see their 50th birthday. unless you are an old geezer and have allready witnessed it then good for you, i guess.

Oh, excuse me for getting you wrong.
>>>/auschwitz/

Because you wouldn't want to get raped in hell for all eternity.

Yes, you should get a head start and die now.

Are they gonna eat my babies?

I'm usually open minded with this shit but agnosticism is a meme belief for people that want to look enlightened, if atheism's for neckbeards, agnosticism is far worse. New-ager tier.

Femanon, plz go.

Sounds better than just not being at all

Nigger, I go to Holla Forums to escape the harsh reality of our time for a bit, not to be bombarded with misery and pain.

Gnosticism is the true path. Let go of the crass physical world and transcend.

Oh no christ fags are starting to derail the thread

christies are what started the thread

In all honesty we're more than likely in a simulation (in form or another), and are essentially in a video game; though on this point it makes the afterlife more likely.

So, one approach (between the MANY that we could take to this) to this idea has some pretty logical reasoning behind it.

So essentially, if one is true than we're more than likely bound to go extinct before we can reach this level of advancement.
If two is true, then we're bound to congregate into some super civilization with others that has some type of laws that bars ancestor simulations, and there is a means of preventing individuals from enacting this type of simulation via their own free will.
If one and two are false, and three is true… then it's reasoned that it's more probable that we're in a simulation than not.

Also, another point to think of is this, if we're not living in a simulation right now, then it's more than likely that our descendants will never run ancestor simulation(s) (as the version of us in simulations will outnumber the amount of version of us that ever existed in a non-simulated universe… that is w/o getting into shit like many-worlds theory).

What's there to be afraid of?
You won't be there to feel "non-existence, desire, fury, etc".
Sounds pretty tame to me, tbh

Oh, I'm sorry.

Are they gonna eat my wife's babies?

what makes you think that? at minimum, we'd have to prove that's possible first. plus, if were simulated, what's anything outside to mean to us? everything could be entirely different, with no points of similarity to work off of- it wouldn't look like reality to us

I disapprove people believing something so unprovable, it's a disgrace to the hypothetical god

Do you have to be a christie to believe in an afterlife?

I believe there is some massive bullshit in reincarnation, you're gonna get punished for shit that you "supposedly" did a long fucking time ago and you can't remember a damn detail, it's the same shit as white guilt, blacks of today blaming whites of today for slavery. Blacks blaming shit on white for something that has never happened to them and whites for doing something they have personally never done. It makes no sense, I guess it might if you go with the "sins of the father" shit but we're talking about reincarnation here. Getting punished for something you did in another life that you can't remember or even acknowledge if it's true is almost like punishing a down syndrome kid for forgetting his name.

Pathetic. I bet you're one of those "alt-right" types who doesn't want to stand with Hitler, either.

You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.

Atheism isn't necessarily atheism+
But you're not an atheist, you're an atheist+
>>>/tumblr/

You have to go back.

hitler's a fucking commie

when will his meme end

no

Sound logic. You'll be dividing the ranks, in no time!
>>>Holla Forums

sweet numbers

read my post, ya dingus

well, this is based off a logical argument

What do you mean here, can you reword this?

Well, it wouldn't be an ancestor simulation then, now would it?

>implying that's not what happens when you go to sleep

You haven't contributed a fucking thing to this thread besides useless shit posting. Fuck off faggot.

I used to love that board. Then Holla Forums got a hold off it and everything went downhill.

I'm pretty sure I'm still the same chubby faggot that plays videogames since way before yesterday

Then why do stay on the fence, with your middle-ground fallacy?

Thanks.

Contain your rage.

More like they won't stop barging in to remind everyone how "right" they are. This thread is an example of their "crusading".

Redpills are the only faith I need.

Likely not, as has pointed out that our essence to our knowledge is a series of electrical signals within an incredible piece of machinery, but we won't really know until it happens, will we?

I don't know if there's an afterlife, and since there's no way to prove it one way or another, I think it's a pointless question to ask. The only way to know for sure is to die and find out, so I just focus on making my life matter.

The sensation you are seeking in video games (the satisfaction of discovery) is heavily described as the state of heaven and being in God's presence. Often times things are spoken about in direct terms, but not in experiential terms. Saying you will find infinite satisfaction in the presence of the Lord is a direct description, but not an experiential one. What does this mean? God's infinite depth means that you will infinitely be discovering, totally satisfied in directly being near the glory of God.

Want a simple analogy? It's a video game that never gets old because it's always new, always going one step higher, always revealing newer and better things.

That place is a cesspool. I realized there is a danger to discussing the most important thing in a place that encourage people to be as flippant as possible.

Considering the story leading up to that picture, I don't know if I'd call that cute.

It's people like you that fuck this board up

Knowledge is abstract though, you wouldn't constantly be getting something so unabsolute.

Have you ever heard of that hedonism thought experiment? It'd be something like that. So not videogames at all, but ti doesn't matter.

Which is why this thread is shit, though I guess heaven != afterlife

sure is video games around here

quit bumping the thread

Does this make you feel a greater duty to euthanize them?

no

Okay but are there pretty girls in heaven. Sex is okay as long as your not degenerate right.

Of course
after all, you're already in hell

You fags can ruin anything it seems.

Dude, I jerk off to Rustle's stuff. I don't need to find it "cute." If my not thinking it's cute "ruins it" for you, then you are a fucking normalfag and need to rethink your approach to life.

Is that an ironic answer to my ironic post or are you kinda slow?

Yeah, okay.

A hedonistic thought experiment fails because it conflates physical pleasure with satisfaction or happiness (eudaimonia). Anyone who has ever achieved something truly excellent can affirm that quite often you experience tremendous physical displeasure while feeling happiness. Some have pointed out as well: the mark of happiness is to feel it while suffering. You might mistake a warm feeling in the stomach for greatness of soul, but to know it while discomforted, there is no mistaking it's origin.

Though, if one has not sought to do something for it's own sake and no other sake, it's quite like explaining color to a blind man.

The thought experiment also fails to understand the exact nature of the infinite. It's not "just a large number". So ironically, from it's own internal logic, it fails again.

And no, I didn't mean actual video games, but was using it as an analogy.

Agreed though, that this thread is shit. While I'd relish the chance to talk about theology or philosophy, this is a video game board and it seems an inappropriate topic for the venue.

Ex-christian here. You're thinking too earth dimensional. Your body and and the hormones it creates are what fuel your sexual desires. If it's companionship or "love" if you want to be faggy about it then the embrace of god is supposed to be more exceptional than the softest bosom you could rest your head on. A feeling of absolute comfort and reassurance that you're loved and that your love of being loved is mutual.

You're running into the same philosophical problem as those asking "what is it like to not exist?". You don't know any other state other than existing (outside of sleep) so trying to comprehend non-existence or the absence of consciousness is hard for living beings like ourselves to see in our mind. Look into this. It may put into context what I'm trying to say better en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

For all we know gender is merely a context we explore in this dimension. Without wanting to sound like a fruit loop lefty there's a very real possibility that the whole binary gender shit will fly out the window if we're in a completely ethereal dimension.

Then again I'm of the "everything fades to black and you cease to be." camp so to me the entire discussion is some really larpy bullshit. It's a fun diversion however as are most larpy activities of humanity.

I've thought about larping as christian just for the sake of playing around with these hypothetical scenarios with fellow Christians but I don't want to have to wake up early on Sundays to do so. That and I don't want to have to put up with self righteous ass hats. Now if they made church like a podcast I'd be more open to that.

Choose not to die and become video games in time.

It's ok, user, we all make mistakes.

Once in while we do have some nice threads about offtopic stuff on Holla Forums. Remember the art thread? To be fair that was before all the cucks came here.

Cut it with the airmchair philosopher bullshit for a second faggots and listen to Alan Watts, the greatest philosopher of the modern age

[Desire to know more intensifies]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_oblivion
Is the eternal oblivion true? Is it like peaceful dreamless sleep?

Why tho?

Hopefully. I like to imagine that there is actually more to this existence than just dying and losing all sense of time, thought, feeling, and most importantly, vidya.
However, if everything does actually go all black, at least I'll have no more worries.

get a look at this jabronie

Repentance means "to turn" or "to change". It's a surrender of your worldview and a trust in even the things you don't understand.

Christian repentance is pretty specific and more than just saying "I did a whoops. Sorry."

You could immortalize yourself digitally with video games. With today's computing power I'm willing to bet you could copy your exact play style and level of skill over to an AI version of yourself

I'm not larping into trans-humanism territory mind you, a simple imitation is all. Theoretically your great great great grandchildren could play you at your best in Brawl or any other game.

If you're lazier than that you could make some youtube videos as well and explain to your future decedents what you think and feel about society today and effectively have a conversations with them in a limited one way capacity. I'd do that myself but I'd effectively be admitting I'm a chronic shit poster and all around troll. Naturally I'll have to publish these videos posthumously.

Forgive me father. I cannot help but shitpoast.

The whole notion of religion. I've seen religions as political tools, books of war, moral codes, and lofty larpy predictions.

I don't see any of them as salvation. "Thou shalt not kill" what a joke.

Eternal Oblivion sounds grim on paper, but to many its a wonderful thing, secession of existence is just hard for many to imagine

So I would immortalize myself as an impatient, reckless fucker who will rush in to get the advantage, and avoids open combat/fighting to take advantage of weakness and patterns in my enemy's behavior?

Fuck no. I want to become a machine-speed badass who proactively exploits openings in my enemy's defenses when they least expect it, and systematically dismantles my foes. That's why I want to be a cyborg, damnit.

I don't mind the odds, you have a 50/50 shot between nothingness or an afterlife, neither are really all that bad

You want to be a MKwalker then.

You're getting rather larpy. Do you mean to say you want to be immortal via trans-humanism? Supposedly we'll have the technology to achieve such immortality around 2040 if you can make it that far.

Or… are you saying you want your AI to not be a static copy of you but rather one that can learn and effectively be your digital doppelganger? At what point does this doppelganger lose the spark that is you (your imperfect play style)?

Of course I suppose it depends on how intelligent this doppelganger is and what game you're playing. My only problem with this is the progression towards the mean as everyone's doppelganger will gradually get better and better up to the point that everyone will have the exact same level of skill since (in this scenario) said doppelgangers will have the capacity to improve over time and by learning new tactics/moves/strategies they'll all reach the same skill level over time. Some maybe quicker than others but if your time variable = ∞ Then it will be an inevitability for all doppelgangers.

HAHA good fucking luck bucko.

I'll go with trans-humanism. Can I also be the little girl?

You can only kill a person once, user.

that's not how probability works user

otherwise there'd be a 50% chance of me spontaneously teleporting 50 feet in the air the instant after I make this post even though there's no reason this should happen. but nobody knows because I haven't posted yet right?

I'd better not teleport 50 feet into the air

My ideal situation of what should happen when we die is autistic as fuck and mostly wish fulfillment. I'm going to explain it anyway though because I have nothing to lose. Also this is Blog Post as fuck so feel free to skip this shit if you want vidya.

Basically I want to be put in a cool as fuck fantasy (or sci-fi I'm not picky) world where I go on adventures and make a bunch of friends. The catch is that I lose around 90% of my memory and only have vague recollections of my past self so that my basic personality is still there but I'm not the NEET faggot I once was. To add to that the world is entirely factitious. Or simulated based off of my past experiences. Nobody I meet or enjoy time with would be anybody from the prior real life I had. Though they would seem real and lively enough for it not to matter. Keep in mind there's still struggles and situations that occur. When I said wish fulfillment part of that fulfillment was to encounter complicated and difficult to manage issues.

Then after I die in that world I'm either reincarnated in to this world again with a total loss of memory but a vague personality type is still there. Though this time my personality is based off of the wonderful experiences I had in the afterlife world so I actually become a successful member of society.

The catch to all this is that when I die in the successful life my ideal vision of the afterlife wouldn't be so great because my life in the world I existed in was so successful. So basically I would become jaded and hollow and after a long time I would simply lose the will to live and die in that world. Thus the cycle is repeats to me being a NEET faggot on this world. So when death comes I'm put in to the fantasy world again.

Basically my idea of the afterlife is a system of constant cycles of mania to depression. The flaws in this viewpoint however rise from people who had average or simple lives. To that I say that the afterlife is simply the same until something significant happens in the non-afterlife to push them in either direction. Keep in mind I don't actually think any of this shit happens. This is just my ideal view on how I would like it to happen. That still doesn't make this less autistic though…

I should probably seek therapy.

So, something like this?

That's the dream? Being a robo-loli and getting your cummies? Such lust for degeneracy.

If we do achieve immortality I'd like to be launched into space so that I might get to explore at least .00000000001% of our galaxy before our eventual heat death. That seems much more thrilling than being a robo-loli.

Then again, depending on how well my cyber brain's mental faculties hold up it may turn into more of a jaunt…

I'll probably die long before then given the amount of cancerous shit I shove down my gullet.

In my youth, I always saw every soldier who went to war and fought valiantly through every age as burning in hell because they were unlucky enough to transgress against a particular commandment.

This is line of thinking is very black and white and lacks a more nuanced degree of critical analysis of course but it was an important jumping off point for me in regards to questioning scripture and faith in general.

I understood the concept of being "tested". i.e. "Why would god allow such inhumanity to exist" the answer of course being that god is testing us. Further questioning of this logic gets a reprisal from more religious folks along the line of "Don't question god, his grand scheme is beyond your comprehension". I'm paraphrasing here of course, please don't crucify me Christians (hyuk hyuk hyuk).

I call it the "Faith wall". Eventually you'll hit it if you continue to question Faith. Faith only works if you have faith in your respective religion obviously. If you die believing you're going to heaven it doesn't matter if there isn't a heaven since you won't be around to regret there not being one so you're effectively assured a heaven since perception is reality.

actually my dream is to live until the end of the universe, and playing video games along the way would be nothing more than a fucking perk to me. I don't even care about having a body, really, I just don't want to die .. ever.

As in terms with my ideal visions of a fantasy world?

Sure but less anime. Though that's just my preference. Also the afterlife wouldn't necessarily count itself as the afterlife. Just another life entirely with a vague recollection of the past life. The afterlife universe can be aware of this depending on the experiences held in the past life. Though more often than not it isn't.

The real question is will playing vidya be extremely painful when we get extremely old?

Allow yourself to not exsist. You can't miss what you won't play.

I don't want to sound like a cynical asshat, but if games continue to get shittier and shittier as I get older I don't know if I wanna play them when I'm a geriatric fuck.

2xUU

Dont worry about the afterlife, worry about how you are going to leave your mark in this shithole for people to remember tens, hundreds, even thousands of years later.

If you have bad arthritis then yea, playing vydia would be EXTREMELY PAINFUL.

Luckily by the time I'm old enough to worry about it I think prosthetic limbs will have progressed to the point where I can get a reasonable degree of play out of my mechanical limbs.

If you have to listen to an extremely moronic, overly confident, unkillable female character trying to one up me at every corner, then yes. It would be extremely painful. But then if that were the case I would just drop the hammer right there.

Why go on?

It literally is though

I can communicate with the dead. I think the most you could do is watch people play video games, not that's what most normalfags do now. Maybe you could if you amassed a lot of power and just high jacked someone's shit for a while, but it seems like a stretch.

THIS

Its not nothingness though, its secession of existence, you don't just see darkness for all eternity, you just stop existing. Its a crazy thing to imagine but its not all that bad of a fate when you think about it

It's thou shall not murder in the old hebrew shit.

OP, not being sarcasting or joking here at all. God talked to me and told me what heaven is like. I want everyone to know this so that you may all find peace in this slowly dying world.

Heaven Literally is God Literally is Heaven. the reality we currently occupy is fake, just like the matrix. when our lives are finished due to natural or other causes (as is human/animal life) God chooses to do different things with you. Maybe if God thinks you have done everything you must do and experienced everything you must experience, God decides to wake you up into what is real reality. This is heaven, your haven. jewish people know this as Isreal. (Is-rael, IS-REAL) (you will find that this translates uncannily into many different languages.) It is your one and only true real home that can really be called a home. You can only really call any place on earth a house or a forward base of operations for your mission to do and experience on earth.

as vast as we our told our so called universe is, our universe is absolutely nothing compared to the beyond infinite scale of true eternity. A common translation for the shema prayer is "God is eternal and the eternal is one" this is a hint that God literally IS heaven.

There is no hell other than earth itself. imperfect human beings are responsible for how life on earth is. people make their own hell. however, it is important to note that God created everything and also created the concept of creation and controls literally everything.

If and when God ever decides you are ready to embrace freedom and eternity (???????) happens and you basically find yourself to be the most beautiful and true representation of yourself that you couldn't have ever even imagined, and yet you feel perfect and good about yourself forever more. you find yourself at (metaphore) a giant endless hotel. there are many doors in its hallway's and only one belongs to you while the rest belong to infinite amounts of other conscious intelligent entities, some of which were people long ago.

your door contains a special area of the eternal beyond infinite universe where you find that everything is perfect in such a way that you are extremely happy in every way including ways that you could have never imagined. you are able to experience anything you want to and are always completely free from what you personally define as "suffering". you can experience (inadequate descriptory term):anything especially what is considered as impossible. it goes without saying that you also can experience things that you missed out on during your life on earth and you are able to also experience better versions of everything that has ever or ever will exist. a bad publisher corporation that makes terrible video games (I know already what you think of) and you play one of them and do not enjoy it. In heaven you can play the same game as if a perfect company who didn't exist made the game and all the content that was removed because of bad playtesters is restored and a perfect amount of special new added content is available.

you can have basically anything you want whenever you want. oh and heaven has loads of sex. you can eat all the food you want without getting fat. you can even play as the first person in any of your videogames. even if you can't imagine all the beautiful limitless impossibilities and wonders you can experience, God automatically transforms and directs the environment around you so that you never ever become bored or depressed or feeling any lacking. you are finally able to experience the feeling of true ultimate freedom. you never have to worry if you will have a house or money or food tomorrow. God has written God on your heart and you just know God.

Are the dead watching me fap?

Do they like it?

Nice pasta m8.

If they're watching you do it, they must like it. I can't imagine they'd keep watching you specifically if they didn't want to watch you fap.

forgot to add:

it isn't a good way to describe it, but your "pocket universe" has a built in system that automatically generates an entire universe of people that are perfect for you for every situation or thing that could ever happen. similar how a game may autogenerate different ai characters depending on your actions, however instead the people generated are as conscious and real as you are, but their purpose is to populate your pocket universe and they feel just at home as you do.

your universe generates endless unique adventures and are just as endlessly enjoyable.

if you wish to do so, you may leave your door and visit other people's/friend's/family's "home universes" if they invite you or give you permission to enter and you may leave simply by willing it whenever you please. you can never be harmed and will never experience something you wouldn't want to even if you don't know it exists. time doesn't exist as it is just an illusion of our earthly fake matrix universe and so you always are able to automatically plan with everyone. if you meet a friend in their universe at "later- but not now" to them, it's as if you showed up when they wanted you too. same goes for everything. there is no way to be late to anything or miss out on anything that is meant to involve you and that is how infinite people are able to coordinate and meet up and never neglect each other's company. even if someone wants to hang out with you, you could wait for what seems like a million years and when you go to meet with them it will be as if you showed up instantly from their perspective. whenever you want to hang out with someone is when they will show up. (you are unable to become lost from your own door to your "home" as you will always find it next to you when you are looking for it) (your door only lets you in, not others, unless you give permission) (if others go inside your universe they can't do anything that you wouldn't want them to do even if you don't know they could do it) (others who are visiting can leave and nobody can trap anyone or make anyone experience anything they don't want to even in each others "home") (nobody is able to damage or ruin anyone's "home" because God doesn't allow it to happen, and even if it did it would just fix itself perfectly or revert to a previous untouched state instantly without any problems)

No they didn't. Holla Forums is (trying) to ruin /christian/ but is so obvious that they're failing miserably. /christian/ is still a great board. Don't mislead people if you aren't a shill.

Can there never be a philosophical thread without Dark Age throwbacks coming to ruin it? Religion needs to die.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

YOU GOT MEMED

bumping this.

Then maybe lightbulbs have souls or some shit.

Shit, when it comes to death, you really don't know.

But you're supposed to get one Aezureah gf after you die, ya dingus, that's the point.

Nobody even said anything related to Christianity. You're just being pretentious.

"Death is like a dreamless sleep."

-Someguy I can't remember.

There are many theories.

If i go to heaven by some chance i know what my choice will be