a.cuntflaps.me/gtwgfx.mp4
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
gog.com/game/system_shock_demo
a.cuntflaps.me/xmzebd.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

get out.

It's Bioshock infinite all over again

They modernized it :^)

Looks like they decided to remake it into Bioshock.

THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO INSTEAD OF POSTING A LINK TO FUCKING POLYGON
Jesus Christ, OP.
a.cuntflaps.me/ykopzx.mp4

Look at all the faggots defending it in the comments. It's disgusting

Just what I wanted, Bioshock, not System Shock but prettier.

I know about the ID, I just didn't think to post it until after I made the thread

Made it better. The old one was absolute dogshit, just like the old doom with it's "lel so retro xd" graphics. You should be thanking them OP.

Fair enough.
I was hoping you're a newfag and sperg out.

Wow, that's pretty shocking.

thanks mods

no
stop
kill yourself dev team

unforgivagle

What a piece of shit

Doesn't look all that different gameplay-wise, the shitty melee combat is still there.
How inventory management will work is everyone's guess.

Polygon showing off those sweet FPS skills again

BioShock wasn't good in the first place but it wasn't this bad either

What? Why?
What were they thinking?

So it looks like there isn't gonna be a two weapon limit, so I'm glad about that.

Then why include it in the demo? Is it going to be a grid inventory like SS2 or a list inventory like SS1?

Have you even played the original?

The inventory is HOPEFULLY still WIP as they are claiming here , we are still supposed to give them our money so they can properly ruin this game.

If I see that fucking cat one more time

She wasn't there.

Rebecca Lansing?

smells like they're just trying to cover their asses.

STOP

What are you talking about? The SHODAN pre recorded message or the message you first get when you get the email reader?

Oh boy I can't wait to spend more time watching my character pick up objects and recharging energy than playing the game.

Where the fuck do you think you are OP?
Otherwise it looks pretty good aside from the music whic is still WIP and is being done by the Brosius couple and that inventory system that should be an integral part of the HUD.
Polygon gameplay is obviously trash

The little things like non contextual animations and the positional glowing after the zombies are shot are very nice.

I see nothing really wrong with this, its actually pretty good, goddamn.

What do you faggots think?

Its probably just the more important upgrades.
Everything else bad no animations.

Well, it is pre release demo, for a Kikestarter.

That effect when the player gets hit looks like shit.
I don't like how he has to stare at every single item he picks up before using them.
And there's something about the graphics I don't like, though I can't pin it down.
Other than that, it looks meh.

Pathetic and lazy

early-production playthroughs are almost never a good indication of the final product. that said, i hate canned animations that take away control if they're going to stay in the game itself.

for what it's worth, try Spirits of Xanadu. it's not exactly System Shock 3, but it does well at replicating what made SS good instead of shoehorning in a whole bunch of what it doesnt' need.

Is that in steam or gog?

Both
and its the same devs making this

Why the fuck does the game need to ask "I wonder what's inside" for every fucking thing you open? Are modern gamers too stupid to wonder that themselves?

any release dates announced?

Kikestarter 29th

Unpopular truth time. SS2 was a bad game and the only reason you don't lavish SS1 with praise is your inability to adapt to a different control scheme.

Go back to Thief faggot

Did you think that through?

True, and also because SS1 is an eyesore; the concept art was too advanced for the technology it used.

I liked it, despite being crude it had a lot of style. The contrast, color, and texuring is very unique.

The main issue with SS2 was the leveling system. The leveling system makes the game much more restricted in terms of what you can do which is pretty shit in a survival horror game. Especially when the game is so short to where these level up features are more of a nuisance than anything else.. You have to take hacking, modify,research, and repair in the game or else you are fucked. This leaves you with only about 2 weapon specialties and a small selection of guns to use. This also makes it so that the best build in the game is pretty much standard and heavy or standard and exotic weapons.

Come on now

Thats Soulsfags tier

son, i am disappoint. You're assuming you have to play as Navy. Hacking makes a lot of things easier but it's not required, especially if you don't give a shit about hacking turrets.

SS2 being bad and Thief being good have nothing to do with each other, but you're the one who made the comparison in the first place you fucking moron

The leveling though lacks any thought. It just makes you only able to use a small selection of items which is shit in a survival horror game since it discourages scavenging.

The last boss relies on hacking. Hacking is also the best way to actually get the ammo you need. On higher difficulties, it is one of the things you really have to focus on.

Just go back to jerk off to it nigger, I know you're the "SS2 is bad, Thief is better" autist.

It encourages multiple playtroughs and multiple paths only avaible to certain skills/items.

The multiple paths and playthrough thing though relies on you being so limited that you can only take a handful of options for that path. Look back to system shock one where you were open to do anything you wanted to and to carry what you wanted. You could approach a situation by any means. In SS2, you were limited based on what you upgraded. You also need modify, research, and repair to get the best results as well since you have a limited amount of what guns you specialize in. The game encourages you to have a grand total of around 2-3 weapons and nothing more really.

Whoever he was, he must have really gotten inside your head for you to bring up his opinion completely unprovoked just to stroke your victim complex. I'll be on the lookout for a really, really autistic SS2 fan in the next thread.

You didn't really think it would be anything other than Bioshock Infinite? They're making another smart game for smart gamers.

I am terrified by what it will end up being. The game will try to be deep with Shodan talking about the constants and variables of cyberspace.

That's a good name for a website

To bad the guy who made this and the Based Japan video became a massive SJW who regretted making this and the Japan video. He also sperged out about how censorship for Japanese games is ok in some stream and his other media accounts. He even follows the whole SJW clique.

Why can't a cyberpunk game try to be deep?
Being poinlessly deep is part of fun of the cyberpunk culture; just look at EyE and how hilarious it is.

It was fun while it lasted, now lets move on and to remember good times.

When I mean deep or when others mean deep, we are talking about shit like Bioshock Infinite which is only artificially deep. Besides, System Shock in of itself is somewhat a deep game. The many and Shodan operate on somewhat similar but antithetical ideas.

Depth without making a point is just masturbatory solipsism.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say then don't say anything.

Yeah but in bioshock it wasn't interesting or fun because the game itself wasn't interesting or fun, it also wasn't cyberpunk.

welcome to Holla Forums

That doesn't even make any sense

if anything, at least it will have the infamous citadel labyrinth.

What are you even sperging about?

Doesn't look that bad, I don't why I should complain.
Is this like the Doom thing? Look, I prefer old Doom, but the new Doom is not as bad as people say. It just needed more demons to fight at the same time.

I'm sorry, maybe this is too meta for you to understand.

animations are shit, there is no weight to weapons and there is no soundtrack. otherwise its average

So it will have the shittiest part of the game?

Why even bother with one of the "features" that was there because of technological limitations?

Since when hacker was some random unknown guy? Everyone knew who hacker was, Rebecca included. Are they going to fuck with story too? The most amusing thing is that people are paying them for this.

Well, at least it's still better than level design in any modern FPS.

Although that would be better if they improved level design, I doubt they care. Nobody give a fuck about good level design nowadays and I'm not sure if they actually have level designers of the first game. My bet is they don't.

I really hate this trend in fps games where the main character has to do all sorts of useless bullshit with picked up items instead of just jamming it in an inventory screen. I don't need to see my character's gigantic hands obscuring the screen for 5 seconds because they decided to thoroughly inspect a key or some shit.

Also what's with the prompts? Door opened? Button pressed? How stupid do they think players are?

lol

I think it looks way too much like Satellite Reign.

The glory of EYEs story is Cycles Of Guilt, a mystical concept, which is never explained in game, even when the only person who talks about she says you gotta stop trying to figure it out and accept it as it is (which is not that "Nothing makes sense, just follow the orders").

Thus figuring out the grand mystery of "Cycles Of Guilt" becomes a reason to play the game, with each different ending we learn something about it. Ultimately comes the enlightening realization that you have been playing a shootman gaem all along, while fluff is fun and stimulates imagination it was never the point. The "story missions" you play through are a disjointed collection of maps designed primarily for co-op servers with random maplists and randomly genereated objectives.

To sum the story; "only faggots play games for their story".

It looks fine, except for the abysmal melee combat and lack of flinch effects on anyone when hit.

Also fuck the HUD clutter

First impressions of mine:

Ehhh, it wasn't as bad as i supposed it was going to be, looks p. nice. Hated the fucking gameplay though because of Polygon. Like, fuck, you missed like 2+ shots on a zombie that was almost stationary moving slowly towards you with the enemy pistol, and you missed 3 fucking times on the robot-spider while it being standing still dude.

Energy pistol*

Jesus just play the original.

I'm still seeding the GOG one, love those guys. Best pirate release group ever.

Fucking retarded curry niggers god fucking damnit.

That guys dodge skills were also superb, he dodged into every hit. He would do better just standing and attacking.

As for the game itself, they tried to make it close to original which was quite good, but… It could be better as you play the hacker who finally got his implant and spent quite a bit of time in cryo and there he gets up all good and stuff, missed opportunity. Getting new upgrades is too flashy and useless at the same time, there's no feedback as you plug in new chips, you don't even get/use navigation module. That code on wall is DOOM tier stupid, yea, lets omit the useful message that explains why you get a nice stash of goodies and maybe something else and instead write a bloody message on the wall for that edgy bloody effect the target audience loves so much.
Mutants seemed shitty, in original mutants were slow and stupid and sometimes simply ignored you and they were mutants, not zombies , those bloody hands remind of half-life zombies. I actually liked the UI of original, here it's simplified, not immersive (which will probably change, but…). The movement is slow and I haven't seen the average polygon player changing stance/leaning. Overall the game looks like line some Doom3 clone.

Basically, this . The game feels awesome with mousemod and is much better game than modern FPS even if you take graphics into account.

Attack animations look far too fast to dodge going backwards. They might even be undogeable, depending on the strafe speed

What happened is that instead of baiting the attack, dodging backwards and then move in for the counter attack like every smart person would do, the guy just attacks into the enemy attack and then tries to dodge.

This. Also the guy could try to measure both the enemy and the pipe attack distance, but that's too much to expect from a guy that spends few seconds on the stairs in hurr durr mode because spider was blocking the way down.

I think you're negating the point of a demo.
It was showing how you can interact with the environment, and vice versa.
It showed enemies deal a significant amount of damage, how taking/dealing damage looks like, and how well heal items work. It also showed enemy speed by backpedalling away from it.
It also showed how if something blocks a ladder, you can jump off it.

Why is this hard to understand?

Is there seriously anyone who didn't see this coming from the start?

The term you're all looking for is "pretension"

Are they retarded? That broom would have never been able to catch the cat, so they pretty much just forced it to jump to its death. If they had any ounce of brain cells they would of taken the time to find a net or something better than a fucking broom.

MOD
YOU ARE VOL!
but still doing gods work.

You frinkin dumdum. You were probably 8 when SS2 came out. Delacroix was GOAT radio coach.

This is why I hope we hit peak oil and these retards all die of thirst in their shitty haji palaces in the middle of the desert.

holy shit

This is why I hope we hit peak oil and these retards all die of thirst in their shitty haji palaces in the middle of the desert.

No

Why do developers have to drag back old, dead, and good games and fucking ruin them

I suppose the demo isn't indicative of the (lack of) background music that'll be in the game? Recreating the charm would be tough.

a.cuntflaps.me/yqwpon.mp3

Jesus fuck. That melee combat is terrible.

Also polygon should really just fucking hire someone who knows how to play video games, after all the shit they got over the Doom thing.

Where?
It looks pretty good so far

It will unfortunately not be the kickass MIDI we got in the original.
Its probably going ro be dark electronica since the Brosius couple is in the team.

Melee combat is terrible
Everything looks terrible, Polygon is the one showcasing the game.

Now that I listened a bit to System Shock's soundtrack, there's one track that really reminded me of music from something completely different.

a.cuntflaps.me/gaprco.mp3

a.cuntflaps.me/xgykpg.mp3

Kind of weird hearing it.

Webm for not-so offtopic.

It looks ok really rough but its early. I think the game play makes the game look worse than it is. Polygon really has become a fucking joke.

You know all these fucking journos only got popular because there was no other options but single man blogs which also became big enough.
They were always normalfag pandering trash who barely played video games and were more interested in movies.

Ever since Kevin Levine got his hands on it with SS2, the franchise has gone to complete shit.

At least Deus Ex is still alright, though.

I remember a time when you pic up shit and IF you wanted to inspect it you went to the Item Menu and inspect the fuck out of it

This isnt done by Kevin Levine
Nope, its average at best.

The animations only play for the HUD upgrades.
How fucking retarded are you faggots?
Holy shit, nothing else plays contextual animations besides this shit which is done for immersion.

Fucking pieces of shit. A cat is more than capable of jumping up to the guard rail and climbing over again. They could have used a fucking net to pick up the cat, or the guy below could have held out a wide board of wood and let the cat walk across. Why the fuck did they think that shit would work?

I hate Ken Levine too, but c'mon nigga.

Because shitskins.

That or they might not have been trying to save it at all.

you dont deserve those trips

its just a cat, user, those fuckers do more damage to the fauna anyway.

Nah, SS2 is pretty bad. The story is like a parody of the first game, the level design is toned down for shitbabbies, the psi and other abilities break the game balance, the music is a random techno cacophony, and the models and animations are fucking horrendous to look at. I'd replay System Shock and DX before I'd ever touch SShock 2 again.

I'm sorry you have shit taste user. Guess you were raised on SS1 first, huh?

I'm kinda glad I never got into System Shock games, otherwise this would've actually hurt.

How so? The only bad parts about it were the obvious tweest and ending. Dialogue and story all around were fairly solid.

do explain, there's still plenty to explore even if the levels aren't a Doom maze

There's some fun to be had out of being an OP god, though a PSI user has to deal with being weaker at the start of the game.

You only got to med/sci?
The low-poly abominations help contribute to the horror atmosphere if you ask me. Besides, its an old game.
I swear, I don't get this recent 'SS2 is shit' meme at all.

Kill yourself

…

>>>/reddit/

You're the fag that thinks unskippable first person cutscenes are immersive even though they kill replay value and ruin a sense of progression. Kill yourself normalfag nigger

SS2 looked pretty shitty technically when compared to Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament from the same year. SS2's atmosphere was aided by sparse lighting.

Taken from the kikestarter page

It's going to be a trainwreck.

This whole kikestarter page looks like a sick joke, they are asking 1.4 million brouzouf to actually put RPG mechanics in the game.

archive.is/KsUab

archive.is/qCztU

>>$900k Goal: Modern Inventory Management, Modern Controls, New Puzzles, Updated Faithful Levels, Game Difficulty Modes.
>>$1.7m Goal : Enemy limb dismemberment, More puzzles, Ammo types/weapon settings, Vending machines, Basic crafting/research, RPG leveling with perks/skills, Weapon upgrading, Hardcore mode (No respawning), Ironman mode (Only 1 savegame. If you die, the save is deleted)

Funny how they expect players to pay for the development for the game AND players to buy the very same game.
What the fuck

Can you blame them? The current video game market is such that all you need is a venerated IP, and consumers will do anything you want. Developers do not actually have to make a good game in order to sell; they don't even need a reasonable or sustainable business model. They just have to attach the appropriate label to their product. I bet there are people out there who would pay monthly fees to fund the development of this game.

Hopefully StreumOn Sudios exists.

Gameplay Trailer, which is the same fucking thing only wihtout polygon cucks playing the game.

looks pretty good, actually. I'll just assume the people here mindlessly hating this early gameplay footage are just summerfags trying to fit in who've never actually played either System Shock.

Plenty of those here

I only played SS2, so I'm keeping my mouth shut. As long as they keep level design and game mechanics in these reboots everything should be fine.

Mirror
a.cuntflaps.me/gtwgfx.mp4

Game is going to be shit, how shit is what we dont know yet.

Maybe

Yea, maybe a miracle will happen.

lol

Only if they get enough money

Here's a System Shock 1 gameplay demonstration video you fucking Newfag.

It's okay. I know it's pre-alpha so a lot will change probably not for the better but it feels very clunky and slow. I don't like how you have to inspect every item you grab, and the visuals give me a headache

Has anyone else played the demo yet? I will upload webms if you guys want to see. Conveniently enough I had just finished the first level in the original game when they announced this.

My webm converter is shit but here are my thoughts:

HOW DO I KEEP THIS DAMN UNITY GAME FROM USING MY SHITTY SECOND MONITOR ONLY?

But thats wrong?

It gave you a system shock.

Because they're too creativley bancrupt to think of new ones.

OK, I'm watching this dumb shit

What's wrong with it you stupid fucking faggots? This plays almost identical the fucking second one. I'm so damn tired of you guys being negative nancys about every damn thing, jeez

That is going beyond your nomal jewishness.

Its going to be casual shit, isn't it.

Except it is not you fucking faggot. The animation is shit as well. You are also forgetting this is a system shock 1 remake. Have you ever even played SS1?

Has anyone a link to the System Shock Portable version?

It isn't available on the original forums anymore because now the enhanced edition is been sold.

The only way this remake/reboot/whatever the fuck it's supposed to be is gonna be any good is if they bring back the rollerskates aug and the ability to play snake and other mini-games on the UI

I put it up on the vola
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

Fuck that shit, 29 days for project to fail unless goyim go full retard and they probably will.

Can't you use ICE picks or whatever the instant hack items were called? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Sure, for your first playthrough hacking is an obvious choice but after that you can do whatever.

400K in less than a day
Its already won, it will likely reach 2Mil with all the exposure its getting.

This is happening

Nigger stop embarrassing yourself.

Holy shit
Get your ass back to >>>/cuckchan/

You can use one single post for that. All shitty journo sites don't work, so pretty much all of them.

lurk moar Newfag

Nice, Thanks

I bet he has the SadPanda plugin

I'm about to extend my browser into your plugins, faggot.

You dont have the balls, much less the dick to do that

what's making you think of dicks and balls? are you gay?

Yea

gog.com/game/system_shock_demo
Anyway, GOG has the demo so we can see how shit this game really is.

It'll be a fuckiung remake.
If they want, they can shit over everything that made SS to what it was, and still get away with it.

Fuck, a remake would've been a nice thing, but a reboot smells after downgrading any gameplay aspect that might be too diffilcult to understand for the retards that are todays audience.

Fuck, I mean REBOOT.
REBOOT

Alright, I think it is alright. My issues are with the snail pace walking, even running seems off.
And the music, it aint bad but this isn't for a System Shock game, System Shock was never meant as a horror game, creepy yes but not "boohoo spooky music" horror.

Also those fucking dumb ass "you found some fancy shit now you're forced to stare at it goy" animations I fucking hate. Hopefully you can turn those off when the game is out.

But I have this gut feeling that they have massacred the story, the one audio log you get in the beginning aint promising.

a.cuntflaps.me/xmzebd.mp4

Wtf kind of input device are they playing this with? With a mouse or a gamepad with some auto aim, those shots would be impossible to miss. It almost feels as if they are using a trackpad (with which you probably still would hit).

They plan on making a console version as well.
I think you know the answer…

Never bothered with any of the System Shock games. Are they fun?

this is System Shock 1 gameplay it doesn't show the amount of movement you can do fully like leaning or crouching or moving while leaning and/or crouching

vid related is System Shock 2 (note graphics may vary)

Just what everyone wanted. A new BioShock.

I knew the game would be shit, but it may just wind up a shitshow.

Is the enhanced edition worth playing?

If not, does the original support mouse look?

That is so satisfying to watch

If mouse look is make it or break it then you can mod that in with a bit of work, by default it's full keyboard.

Yeah I have to admit I'm spoiled as shit by mouselook. I have no problems playing the original otherwise. Thanks for the heads up about the mod.

Oh right, the GoG version has mouselook included as an option so just search stuff like isozone or maybe igg-games or the share thread to look for that.

Skyrim combat

Awesome, thanks again.

Still, even if you play with a gamepad, few people could be that horrible.

It has mouselook, also it has a native Windows EXE with D3D support. Other than that, it's SShock, so make up your own mind from there.

Is that inventory final? That is some generic looking shit.

I have 1.2.2 saved from years ago. What did 1.2.3 change?

Nevermind, apparently only this:

I'm not watching 10 minutes of Polygon pretending they know how to play games. I'm assuming it's dumbed down; how badly?

It's pre-alpha.
As far as I understood it the demo was also nothing more than a proof of concept how a remake would look like.
But since they want to reboot System Shock, I really don't know what to expect and simply wait for the worst scenario I can come up with.

I just tried playing System Shock Portable and I can't get the mouse sensitivity to work correctly.

If I increase the game resolution, the sensitivity with mouselook mod is way too high, but interacting with the menu/inventory is way too low. That's if I am lucky, other times changing the resolution just causes the whole thing to shit itself and the cursor disappears or is strangely restricted to a box in the corner.

You are absolutely right! It should also explore transgendering themes to make it a good game as a whole, isn't it?

not even funny, improve your bait

I fucking hate this shit.

I can already see it happening…

I want SHODAN to trash talk me.

In my last playthrough the character had laser pistol, laser rapier, standard pistol, assault rifle, and one of these weird alien weapons (not the one with highest skill requirements) in use during the endgame. As a Navy engineer, so most of them were modded too.

2-3 weapons, my ass.

*energy pistol

It's a remake, though

*reboot