Which is better and why?

Which is better and why?

Dark Souls
Anything else is shit and only praised because Soulsfags are fucking retards.

Except Demons of course

bloodborne looks better (which is kinda weird) and plays better. dark souls 3 is pretty shit.

Bloodborne.
Faster and more aggressive gameplay.
Actually had fun with it unlike DaS3.

a turd or a piece of shit, which is better and why?

They are both trash.

DS3

Bloodborne was great but there was so little variety

DS3 was boring and continued the difficulty meme of the previous
No point in playing or discussing a game that is purely worse than DS
Bloodborne tried something different and succeded

Neither, because they're both overhyped shit that missed the point of Demon Souls and Dark Souls.

a focused, well designed game is far better than a game that does a lot of things but nothing decently.

They're the same game duh

Why are they both staring at the floor like depressed fags?

Piece of shit
At least it's only a piece

Bloodborne without question. DaS 3 is such a bland and boring game that piggybacks off one too many things from DaS to appeal to its retarded fanbase, and in the end it even alienated them.

Skyrim

Guess how many faggots here have never played BB?

ebin

Good job

Bloodborne, do you even have to ask. DaS3 was more B-team shit just like DaS2.

DS3 is a major step down after bloodborne. Bloodborne and DS1 are the best in the series

Demons is up there too.

Good job

The one that didn't throw a degenerate genderbent Sephiroth in.

who cares?

Do forgive my garbage english. Also, thanks for proving my point

Bloodborne, obviously. It's better than DS2 and DS3 put together.

Instead of pointless bickering on which game is better: what do you think FromSoft's next game will be? They said that DaS3 marks the end of their Souls-styled games.
Will they make a return to their older-styled ARPGs?
Will they make another robot game? Another dungeon-crawler? A game that's completely different from what they've made in the past?

Call me a pleb but I wish that they'd just churn out more dark souls sequels\rehashes\clones.
I always spent a fuckton of hours in any of them, even my most disliked souls game(DS3) already made me spend around 80-90 hours on it.

Just play their older RPGs.
They're not exactly DaS, but they've got elements of it in there.

I only played DS3 since I don't own a Bloodbornestation, but they both suck in comparison to DeS and DaS.

What was the point of Demon Souls and Dark Souls?

And why would it matter if Bloodborne wasn't like either of them?

Not really
Did you ask your dad to buy it or something user?
That also counts

Yet there you go for the "u bougt ps4 lmao no gaems", every sentence in your post began with "Paying"

It was offered by my brother as an old bet we made.

Enjoy your paperweight, Im sure it will be extremely useful when the Neo comes out next year.

To put you, the player, in this world of endless suffering and mercy. You are but a pawn, a mere mortal being, confined by the inability to die, trapped within his own mortal coil, to die over and over again. True happiness, it is lost. The lords have disdained you, your flesh ripe with battle scars to tell the tales of your sorrow. You must traverse this mortal realm, unbeknownst to you why it is you do so, to free this gods of their obligations to uphold this sacred oath, their deities no more for us to behold and prostrate to.

That… Is the true Dark Souls.

As someone who has recently played both, I can say they are near equal in quality.

Bloodborne has one thing against it though, and that's the fact that it's meant for a more narrow playstyle. Melee dexfags will be at home here, dodging and parrying enemies to their heart's content, while players who enjoy other playstyles (such as tank armor, archer (guns are nowhere near as effective at range) and the magic user) are going to be disappointed.

It would probably be more apt to compare it more to Demon's Souls, honestly.

I think BB is better, but DS3 is also great.

I can't stand DS1 and its fanbase any longer, honestly. Just thinking about that game makes me nauseous, probably because of faggy shit like this

Dark Souls 3 has better fashion. Therefore better game :^)

New Bloodborne/Souls spinoff without the project head guy, which means it'll prolly be shit.

Why is that?

I can't get past the fast pacing and lazy balance job of DS3 even if the presentation is top tier. Feel like it's a betrayal of the original's combat system and it's interaction with the RPG elements, pushing bloodborne-style action combat as superior when the goals are completely different, because actually improving on DaS outside of grafix was too hard.
Not saying it's worse than 2, as enemy and boss design is still the most important single element to get right and 3 is better by far in that regard. But BB kicks the shit out of both games in terms of actual effort put into it. From are lazy fucking hacks when they think they can get away with it.

>tfw ds1 is probably my favorite game of all time exept for tetris

According to some interview a few months ago they're making both a sci-fi and a fantasy game, although they didn't specify if they'd be associated with existing IPs. I'd prefer for modern FromSoft to keep their hands off of King's Field.

You don't say?

King's Field.

"Tanking" in 3 just means using a greatshield, armor is shit. There is very little diversity in builds in 3, just what buffs you want and a choice between which damage stat to pump first. Everything plays the same.

Don't even get me on started on the fanbase

My one wish is that something makes DS1 similarly fluid as DS2's performance. Just give me that and I'll uninstall DS2.

I didn't even bother with DS3 because it runs like hot shit on my PC even on 800x600 full low settings

I have no qualms admitting the Souls series is one of favorite game series because whenever a memer tries to talk to me about it I just tell them I preferred DeS over all four, and they leave me alone.

So how do you feel about Dancer-posting?

Dark souls.
Because it's on PC.

Fuck you. I'm right and there nothing you can do to change the truth. Fuck you.

It only happens because the game is shit, there's no point even in discussing builds because they're all the same shit besides which support magic are you using.

Dark Souls 3 has better gameplay overall but Bloodborne has significantly better art direction, story, characters, and music. It really just comes down to which you value more, and for me it's Bloodborne, despite the 30 FPS

DaS1 > BB > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

This
It's unfortunate the shittiest game of the series has the best port on PC, it's probably why I bother playing it instead of DS3

I would note that this user is only partially correct. Bloodborne's strength and strength-hybrid weapons can be pretty damn excellent, both doing more effective damage and being speedier than their equivalents. Ludwig's Holy Blade had some of the most absurd per-hit damage and DPS early in the game's life cycle. I was never fond of the Kirkhammer for its blunt damage and sluggishness, but it staggers and pancakes just about everything. The Boom Hammer trades a tremendously limited moveset for dealing absurd damage on trick-buffed hits and still dealing pretty stiff damage unbuffed once gemmed. The Holy Moonlight Sword is the best Moonlight Greatsword in the series, with superb scaling and combo R2s in both forms. The Whirligig Saw has S+ scaling and scads of multi-hit attacks, potentially dealing the most pure physical damage in the entire game on an R2 if I'm not mistaken. The Beast Cutter is a sharpened iron girder whipped around on wires in absurdly wide sweeps. The Tonitrus is a zippy-fast beatstick with a stupid strong buff. The Bloodletter is a beatstick made of crystallized blood on the scale of the chicken wing with the speed of a polearm. The Wheel is the Wheel. The only one that really comes up short is the Hunter's Axe, which doesn't have very good scaling and is a bit too sluggish for its base damage, and even it compensates with its stupid strong charged 2HR2s, zippy dash R1s, and very wide crowd-mangler L2s to be a pretty good weapon, though one you don't see people using past their first playthrough, generally. And as a sidenote, while you certainly can't make a tank build, you can use the Guidance rune with certain high regain weapons to basically obviate blood vial use entirely on single hits.

Bloodborne. Quicker and aggressive focused gameplay that isn't slowed down by having shield, forcing you to utilize counters and dodge. Also, that thumbnail made it look like the guy has weirdly modeled breast.

Nostalgia ranking:
DeS > DaS 1 > BB > DaS 3 >>> DaS 2

Non-nostalgia ranking:
BB > DaS 1 > DeS > DaS 3 >>> DaS 2

I don't think he meant dexfags as in only weapons that scale with dexterity (skill), just the equivalent playstyle, and a lot of the weapons you listed play at about the speed of dex weapons in Souls, with the exception of the Beast Cutter.

Slowest weapon in the game is the Kos Parasite by far, though.

There is no "better" you, stupid, stupid fuck. Just think about a world where different people have different opinions, how peculiar? That HAS to mean that they enjoy different things. How terrible that world MUST be. Run, run and hide. Find a safe place for you to calm down and not DO a fucking thing.

If you, or your friends, or the idols you follow, like them or not, has NO relevance at all. Hate them or like them, but be sure not to develop a independent thought, for that is the way of the WRONG.

Just follow the herd, like and hate with all your might, for YOU are fighting a shadow in a mirror. Just throw all your anger and hate on a reflection of yourself, beat IT down, and NOT for one second think what you are doing. For you might do the unthinkable… have a thought of your own…

Bloodborne
shields are for shitters

Simply epic post, screencapped. How do I upvote here?

w-why wasn't my one game exactly like my other game

you should be happy the Bloodborne kept a lot of aspects from Darksouls and still found room to change and provide a new experience
Few companies do this, and do it well

People like you are why we have CoD and Madden every year will minimal changes

Every time someone says Souls games are too hard I cringe. They aren't that fucking hard they just require you to learn how to not suck at them. They don't hold your hand, there's no tutorial, no in your face story and the gameplay isn't "trial and error" its "stop doing stupid shit."

Seriously just git gud ya faggots.

I can see how that was what he's going for, but I'm saying that he's mistaken either way, save for tanking, which you can't really do in the fashion of DS1 poisestacking or shield walling. Though, the former was never terribly interesting when combined with the oversluggish movesets, although it was pretty novel to be able to shrug off everything when I did a Berenike build, so maybe I'm being too harsh. Still, Bloodborne's strength weapons are their DS equivalents, only quicker and stronger. They go well into ultra scale, too. He's also not quite correct on the archery point, as bloodtinge builds can get pretty hideous damage out of the Evelyn (with or without Bone Marrow Ash) and Simon's Bowblade with a surprisingly large effective ammo pool thanks to blood bullets. Pure ranged Arcane is pretty stupidly strong with the DLC also, and can also exploit blood bullets.

The way I see it, Bloodborne's weapon dichotomy of 'very fast and good damage' to 'fast with very good damage' with the odd 'slow charge attack to murder everything' gimmick weapon is simply a superior version of the Dark Souls weapon dichotomy, where everything got far too sluggish as you went up in size, but had no weight at the lower levels. From's had a phobia of fast strength & pole weapons after Demon's Souls, it seems like, and that has continually bothered me after finally giving it a try, let alone post-Bloodborne. Honestly, if they'd just kept the DS1 poise system and gone a little further in on having higher average mobility at all weight breakpoints while speeding up the big weapons a little, DS3 would've felt much smoother and more natural. I don't like awkward noodle-armed girder swoops, I want to go full Guts or Penetrator Knight, that kind of thing.

I guess that firmly puts me in the Bloodborne camp, then. It's funny, because I never particularly cared for full dex dickery in Dark Souls. I did make builds for it, but I always felt more at home with polearms, miracles, or regular greatswords. Shame they've been often mediocre. DS3 sort of extends that syndrome to everything, they weren't radical enough about either keeping to series roots and reverting fully to DS1 or about merging in the high speed elements to make Blood Souls, so I've just been a bit underwhelmed by the gameplay itself. The worldbuilding is fantastic, though, where it doesn't suffer from the clear patch-over syndrome of Bamco rushing, and the OST is pure sex. It's very near to par with Bloodborne, in spite of being done with synthetic instruments when Bloodborne had a live orchestra, the composers are getting very good at what they do.

You're not from around here, are you? Knock it off with the ellipses and the random caps, for fuck's sake. If you aren't underage, you're definitely a shitter of some sort. And what was that 'has no relevance at all' string from nowhere? What garbled thought was this supposed to convey?

Got you pretty salty for some reason. And you made a literal wall of text. I think you have issues.

Whoa there David Foster Wallace

Although I do also consider Bloodborne my favorite, I do disagree with the widely-spread idea that it's faster and more aggressive than its counterparts; if it is, it's not by much, a Hunter isn't too much faster than a low-equip load character is Souls, it's just much better executed. In fact, because the bosses are so much more aggressive (a change first seen in Artorias of the Abyss, I think), if you want to play the game perfectly, you'll have to be dodging near-constantly, which I would describe as a very defensive playstyle.

I'll have to respectfully but strongly disagree, that OST had no range and was way too bombastic for the setting.

*in Souls

The aggressive part really is a bit dubious. It's definitely faster, but a lot of that time is devoted to getting into the right positioning for the boss to not plaster you with a particular move or combo to safely unload a combo or a big hit to try and break a limb, or in the case of humanoid bosses, weaving around for a good parry. But god damn if the movesets aren't smooth. I want more of that in the future, regardless of setting or IP. I especially liked that certain weapons had a decent segue between R1s to uncharged R2s, not seamless, but good.

I won't completely disagree, since Dark Souls has the composers in a major fixation with brass, bells, drums and choirs, with the occasional wheedling strings, but the precise implementation of these elements was very well-fitted to each boss in question. It's not one-note, it's a few good notes that repeat a little too often. Mostly I give it points for each OST fitting well to the bosses themselves. It'll never be par due to Bloodborne having actual choral lyrics, though. Wish From would bother releasing those already.

Comparatively to Dark Souls going by the music alone, yes. Considering the increased tempo of the fights themselves, though, and it's perfectly understandable. Besides, we were right on the cusp of the end with the last few dying sparks of the age, whereas DS1 was after things had withered, overgrown, and mildly stabilized. The Lords were returned at just about the height of their power and the rest are fresh and ready to go.

It's either very clever interpolation or the animations were designed with that positioning in mind, you'll almost never see the character snap from one position to the next. I guess because of the reduced stamina cost they figured players would be switching between light and strong attacks more frequently, and the transition needed more attention.

It always looks nice in both cases. It's another thing I hope they pay mind in the future.

here's your reply

and one for you as well kind sir

edgy

Bloodborne offers a much more fulfilling single player experience, but DS3 has stronger multiplayer. The only problem is DS3's multiplayer is out shined by it's predecessors. I'd even argue that DS2, in spite of all it's flaws, has better multiplayer. So, I guess if I had to pick between the two of them I would choose bloodbourne.

Why?

The fuck are you even on about, faggot.

there's a mod for fps performance. but the way the game's made cant be changed

weak bants tbh lad

Bloodborne was built around the fast paced combat and came off really well. Dark Souls III changes what the series was about by just making it Bloodborne again. Pretty much the only real viable way to play is a dodge/roll heavy character with lots of strength and dexterity. Casters get gimped big time, you can't really sword and board it because of the rapid amounts of attacks you have to block. Poise is fucked, ruining tank characters.

I do like DSIII but BB is better simply because it works and plays better and DSIII has the crutch of being part of a series.

So this.. is the power… of the PS4..
Damn.. Wow… Woah..

I've been playing a fuckton of BB lately and haven't seen a single pop in or area fail to load, I'm guessing whatever caused it was patched ages ago.

DaS3 however remains completely disgusting texture and level design wise.

Bloodborne. Miyazaki wanted to make BB, but he was contracted to make "another hit dark souls game." Because of this, DaS-triple suffers from less spirit being put into it and being torn between DaS play style and BB play style.

I'd say Blood is on par with DS2 as worst game.
It's near nonexistant build variety, boring bosses (problem in all souls games), bland area design (sans a few well designed ones, but a lot just run together), and the worst design choice in any souls game outside of world tendency locked weapons, Chalice dungeons. It's fashion souls were every armor looks near identical.
Consumables are pretty much end all be all for PvE, and PvP is a massive clusterfuck.
DLC is well designed but the core game is samey. inb4 "it's supposed to all blend together because it's the same city" ah right because the magical teleport dream skeleton really added to world cohesio…. oh wait it did the exact opposite

Both are enjoyable for different reasons. Bloodborne is more PVE orientated. PVP is dead in Bloodborne. It's takes to damn long to find a match. It is easier in my opinion. Weapon choice is limited. The soundtrack is superior though. The level designs too. Dark Souls III has way to many cathedrals for my liking.

Dark Souls wins simple because the game offers more. You want to gank? There is covenant for that. Want to save some poor sad host from invaders. There is covenant for that too. You want to fight player after player without interruption, hot spots everywhere.

Bloodborne because it actually had an excuse to not include poise.

Also this was an issue that was mostly fixed after a few days in launch, it doesn't do that in "The Old Hunters" or I've just gotten lucky.

Don't play with my heart

Bloodborne is better because Dark Souls 3 is a souls game that they tried to turn into Bloodborne. As a consequence its come out as a shitty Dark Souls game and shitty Blood Borne game.

Pussy.

You didnt miss much. They made it worse than DS2. There really wasnt much to get from DS3, other than disappointment.

Even if it's a monkey's paw wish?

In return

I like too many games to have a favorite. But Dark Souls I do adore, cancer and all. I am not ashamed to admit it.

mods will fix it

Because it's faster and the setting doesn't ride Miura's cock.

i guess the they are balanced a bit differently. i prefered bloodborn.

Except the movement and combat controls in DS3 is still the same as the previous souls with BB enhanced mobs. If they could give us free dashes (for twin/daggers) and weapon skills then nerf them a bit it will be fine.

Because their entire world is fucked up the urethra and everybody is either dead, hallow/insane, or both.

Bloodborne is automatically disqualified from looking better because of its chromatic aberration and other assorted eye-cancer filters.

Chromatic abertation? What the fuck are you talking about.

Bloodborne has an actual story instead of metaphors
Bloodborne has gameplay that is nonrestrictive and makes you feel powerful
Bloodborne includes highly polished and useful spells and transformations that don't require total stat investment to use
Bloodborne has a very strong internal consistency in enemy and environmental design
Bloodborne has character interaction that is intuitive instead of completely archaic and missable

Dark souls 3 is a superior game because it is not strapped onto a 400$ brick that becomes obsolete in two years

Google "chromatic aberration", it's a real thing and it's fucking cancer you dingus. Bloodborne, like all Souls games, has some gnarly and muddy graphics here and there, but the CA singlehandedly makes the entire game look like shit. Since you can't turn it off, the game looks like shit no matter what.

Those claims are fuckin ridiculous, honestly.
Yeah, no poise and pvp might not be as varied as DS2, but that's all, everything else is much better is DS3.
Better level design, better bosses, much much better hitboxes, DS2 is inferior in pretty much everything.

Yes, DS3 requires a decent cpu/gpu to run as it should, but if you're a poorfag that's not the game's fault.

I can understand some people preferring DS1 to DS3 because of nostalgia googles, but anyone claiming that DS2 is better that DS3 is fuckin idiot or didn't play the game.

DS3 is what DS2 should have been.

i thought chromatic abberation was confined to deviant art …. why must you upset me :(

I just wish DaS was finished.

jesus kys

back to reddit with you

please

Faggot

Disgusting.
Why the fuck does anyone use this? It reminds me of anaglyphic 3D with the red/cyan shit around everything, but instead of serving the purpose of 3D it's just there to shit up your view.

This goal of looking "filmic" is a limitation. The human eye in many ways sees things better than a camera so in attempting to imitate what cameras see you are intentionally gimping your visuals, crippling the eye & putting it on a crutch. Such "filmic" visual imitations are a willful downgrade rather than an upgrade.

IE. Chromatic aberration looked especially cancerous in Dying Light. At least it was blurred a bit in GTAV, but it was still noticeable.

HO BOY

but at least it fit the purpose on this one

my eyes fucking hurt from looking at it

this gave me actual headaches in SOMA (inb4 walking sim, yes it is, that's why I pirated it). This shit is so fucking cancerous holy fak