Anyone ever went to a con?

Storytime? What was it like?

Other urls found in this thread:

gaymerx.com/gx3-schedule/
youtube.com/watch?v=X0q4YiCNG2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was a man in a panda costume trying to hug people going to Tim Hortons.

Yes, my local con is anime/games/fur

went to a comic convention with my best bud, we stole a lot of video games from booths that had them sitting out neither of us are niggers we're just really poor
went to a few anime conventions with him too mostly just go to fuck around and buy a few games or figs, goin to a weeb convention this weekend should be fun and really cringy they have a fucking panel called "gender and you"

I am okay if you are poor and pirate games, but this is pretty low, user.

did he manage to capture some people and did it end like pic related?

They may have - I didn't stick around to find out. I just got my breakfast and collected streetpasses while the smell of weekend-long cosplay festered in the building
I guess I really should watch how I post with people now

I went to an open bazaar once. It was probably the coolest place I've been and have been looking for another one.

Suit yourself. I like the story.

But those type of salesmen are annoying as fuck.

It was okay.

I didn't have an outfit but I pretty much went as the mysterious stranger from fallout.

No on knew who that was, and some guy asked if i was from some extremely obscure anime.

I didn't know what the anime was and it looked like he died inside.

Did you comfort him?

The animu convention I went to earlier this year had an entire room dedicated to those types of panels. Made it easier to avoid that shit when you know the cancer's going to mostly be concentrated in one area.

While there's a lot of faggotry surrounding cons, I'd rather pick that over not having anything interesting happening in the area.

the worst mistake of my life was thinking that i'd meet like-minded people in cons just because i like videogames.

cons are for normalfags, don't go unless you are one.

Every time I go up to Canada, directions are given in terms of your position relative to a Tim Horton's. You guys are fucking weird.

faggotry or actual faggotry?

I don't get it. What would they even do there?
Gender and you? What the fuck would you even do on those types of panels?

sounds like you had a bad experience

The only place youll find that doesnt have irredemable shit taste is /tg/ events.

Both, I guess. Then again gays here are still frowned upon.

I went to comic-con 07 and 08. It was cool for the spectacle. I realized pretty quickly that the actual floor is pretty boring so I went to panels instead. The smaller the panel the better quality it was. Anything moderate to large was just an hour of marketing.

In 08 the comic section got even smaller somehow, twilight posters were all over and there were 50% more women than there were last year and I had a moment of "Oh I hate where this going, I guess I'm done."

On the plus side I got to try a bunch of video games before they came out. They all sucked so I avoided spending like 200$ on games I would have got otherwise. Brutal legend and force unleashed among them. This was back before I payed attention to game news or anything.

You listen to the preacher as he preaches to his flock of sheep about how the patriarchy is evil and must be crushed.

fuck you

You talk about how you don't feel like a real man so you must be a woman and have the other weebtrannies help you pick out a stupid name from gook cartoons

I should go to one, i always wanted to fug some chick cosplaying as a qt anime chick.

no because i'm too scared to
mainly because of

good luck with that, you'll only find ugly ones, the cute ones are either paid models or already taken.by chads and losers richer than you are.

It seems to be the most genuine place to be, right?

Went to an anime convention this year. It was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again, although I can see how being less social could have made it miserable. Didn't have a costume or anything. Only managed to catch like 2 panels because we were running around like faggots the whole time.

There was some fucker dressed as dat boi. Fuck that guy

take several doses of cringe-suline with you

But I'm in New York

I will say, though, it is pretty much their Dunkin or Starbucks, if you've been to Boston or Seattle and how they give directions

Someone in this story at least seemed like he had fun, user.

And at least he was confident I guess?

like I want to witness erping and other oddities, whats the likely chances of witnessing this? does it vary depending on the size and genre of cons?

I went to the largest con in the state a few years ago. It stank, was crowded and was ultimately boring. Overpriced garbage for sale and panels which didn't allow discussion that could have been five minute youtube videos each.

I wish he had come closer. I was gonna ask to see his vape.

I went to one once and there was a guy dressed up as Batman running around yelling "I'm Batman".

I went to the Tokyo Motor Show at the Tokyo Big Sight.
Was good time. Received no good loot in showbags, event catering is mediocre even in grorious nihon, did not acquire nip racing waifu, 9/10, would attend again.

If you actually want to witness some erp, just cosplay as link and watch out for all the (unwanted?) attention you are going to get, user.

Went to Animazement about a decade ago. Lots of little shits that don't know how to act in public, especially in regards to personal space.

Also saw more than a few possibly underage girls offering to make out with each other for money from onlookers.

i went to a handful of cons as a sort of vendor. The organisers asked my local fgc to handle the games section in exchange for allowing us to shill our scene.

Some of my observations game wise. 99% of weaboos are shit at games. The ones who think they are good are actually worse than mashing scrubs 90% of the time, 9% of the other time they are average and finally 1% are actually decent.

The smell of cons is really bad, especially if you go in after the event has started. I remember setting up the stall, taking a lunch break then stuggling to get back in because the stink was so strong and I was no longer acclimated.

Cloud Strife, Sephiroth and Naruto EVERYWHER.

General attendee demographics. Families 30%, Attention Whores 30%, General Nerds (Not weeb specific) 10%, Autists 10%, Normal people who just like it for some reason. 10%, 10% creepy old guys desperate for the young pussy. Apart from these there'd always be about 5 or so people who went to the con specifically for the tournaments we host.

Went to an anime con 4 years ago and met some of the most fucking autistic, boring and outright socially inept people I've ever come across.

I saw "Uncle Yo" perform his unfunny routine of making jokes about anime and video games. It's unfortunate that he wastes his talent on this kind of shit because he's genuinely a funny guy.
I also had the displeasure of coming across plenty of cosplayers and furfaggots, all of which were assholes to me because I don't watch their fucking stupid Japanese cartoon or read a certain, obscure webcomic.

Cons should be called what they are - cons, because they screw you out of $50 while giving you the shittiest experience of your life. The only convention worth your while and money is a one based tech or food. Everything else is worthless ad fuck.

What did they do?

Also walking past the sea of autists waiting early in the morning whilst they look on desperately to get in feels great.

Imagine being so autistic you not only accidentally agreed to date some faggot, but still didn't realize you were on one even after they started spooning you.

I dig the idea of going to a con dressed as a STALKER rookie, though I wouldn't want to take the train on the way there with similarly mentally deficient people asking me if that AK is actually for real.

I thought the story was kinda sweet and funny.

the absolute best part of conventions is taking the train to where it is in the morning and seeing all the dressed up autists pissing off the normalfags on their way to work

Went to some animecon a couple of years back to watch my sister (she was with friends, but I was still wary knowing those horror stories). Didn't run into any freaks, just a couple of decent chicks and cosplayers who were probably underaged. A lot of crossover with video games with a few interesting panels, though the only one my sister took me to was the Persona one, which went about as well as expected (nothing but fans comparing best waifus and 3/4).

Exist.

I-is that AK actually real though, user?

They would stop talking to me or outright ignore me. One tried to get into a fight with me over the fact that I said I'm not into anything furry. I don't know if he meant it but when I said, "let's go out front", he squirmed back into his hole.
Granted he was a little shit, but I would have had no problem teaching him a fucking lesson.

They sound pretty autistic.

How come you even talked to them in the first place? People in fursuits are thanks to the interent a huge redflag for me now.

I thought it was funny too, but I feel a little bad for both of them.

Likely story
spics are just as bad you subhuman

I'm white and he is a dirty rotten native

Yeah. Poor guy ended up with an autist who was too autistic to repicocrate his feelings.

that makes sense

What did she give you user and why did you do it?

I've ran panels, game rooms, and done setups for local cons before. Had to stop after my shit got stolen and had one of those realitizations that the panel was bombing minutes in and had to keep going.

Hi user.

Can I introduce you to

i went to hexacon - board game convention
was mostly there since everyone from my yugioh club was gonna be there
ironically our nationals usually have 40-50 people at most, while here, for a tournament for beginners there were around 130 people.
nothing too weird happened there, aside from some of my friends sperging that there were good looking girls playing the game, as if it's the holy grail
i also went to a LoL tournament about 3 years ago. it was horrible they couldn't organize shit at all, since there was a lack of computers. had to wait more than 2 hours just so your team can play. from what i heard, people stayed there till about 6 am just to finish the damn thing

Before geek culture hit the mainstream, conventions were great. The attendees and organizers were people that actually gave a damn about the subject matter that the con was organized around, and the primary purpose was just about having fun and mingling with like-minded fans and guests of honor from the industry.

Now most cons are cancerous wastes of time. Mainstream geek culture is about selling an image, so the organizers are now primarily concerned with making profit, which meant turning the convention into glorified marketing space for the industry and getting as many attendees as possible, even at the expense of alienating dedicated fans. So things have been changed and sanitized to be acceptable to normalfags and attention-whore hipsters, it's just another job for guests from the industry instead of a chance to relax and talk turkey with fans, and the only "hardcore" fans left among the attendees are those too stupid/autistic to realize that there's nothing of value left.

True, there are small local conventions that are still fun in the original con spirit, but their small local nature means they can't attract much in terms of attendees or guests from the professional side. It was fun while it lasted, but the glory days of big geek conventions are over.

and what year exactly was this? coz i think cons were always shit.

Cancer doesn't happen overnight. But if I had to assign dates, then things seemed fine to me in the years before 2000, with the disease slowly growing more and more noticeable afterwards.

But user I was only 6 years old in 2000.

I'm sure more than a few people here have backed mn9

Wrong thread user.

I've been to the following:

General nerd convention
General nerd convention in Germany
Lolita/EGL events
Homestuck specific events

Cosplayer/lolita/whore ex-girlfriend dragged me to 'em. German convention was actually pretty good and I always enjoyed the EGL stuff. Homestuck and general western nerd cons were pretty shit, even though I like Homestuck. Just wasn't much to it and a lot of it was really cringy.

tell me more, never went to one and I am German

Let's be honest, cons are more mundane events than other stuff right now. Full of casuals, tards and attention whores.

Yeah that went over my head but you don't go to a con, you fall for it, ya dummy, that wordplay isn't good at all.

i didn't make the joke, don't kill the messenger

Was just less huge and corporate, more fun. Big ass fighting game room, decent merch, everything wasn't quite as terribly overpriced. Bought a deck of DMC4 cards there.

Nothing too special just overall more of what you'd want from a con. Decent local/semi-local manga shop presence, that kinda thing. Vendor area had more of a market vibe and less of a gauntlet of pure judaism.

I dunno I think cons just haven't gotten quite big enough in europe yet for it to be worth it for people to suck all the fun out of them.

I cosplayed with a friend as the male leads of a cancer nonvidya series with an even more cancerous fanbase
Everyone took pictures of us, probably because they thought we were a couple/shipped the characters. Probably not due to the quality of our costumes.

Fucking hell does anyone have a hambeast prime comic?

what did you guys dress up as?

Went to a Melbourne comic-con a few years back, honestly it was boring as shit. Fortunately being the city of hipster cunts it is they had a figure shop and a bangin' arcade.

I did see the ugliest tranny in my life at an IT business expo recently, however.

I went to one comic convention in town this year, it was the first one of it's kind around here so I thought "Oh what the hell, might as well give them a pat on the back for good luck. I got nothing better to do anyways", admission was $5 and it had only one person I could give even the slightest of fucks about (Just to give you an idea, a Kickstarter comic series that got less then 15k in funding was the frontrunner of this goddamned shitshow), the guy I gave a fuck about was this Twilight Zone comic writer on this new series, I liked the original TV series so I thought it'd be cool to get a signed issue.

So I arrive about ten minutes before the con is supposed to start, there's about a dozen guys waiting outside with me. 90% of them were neckbeards and a few were talking about how great Fallout 4 is so I could already tell that I've made a huge mistake but it's far too late to turn around and go home.

So the doors open and I talk in. I swear to god, you couldn't even fit a classroom in the first room if you tried, they had like five tables in the first room and that alone was enough to make it hard as hell to walk through, some of the fat guys couldn't get through and had to get the shopguys out to the entrance to buy shit. I'm dead serious. I roll up to this one table with a bunch of those Funko figures and bought a Power Armor one (Still had the box, surprisingly) because they were practically giving it away at the price of $7

Then I remember that I gotta find that Twilight Zone guy, I roll up to his table in the second room. Did I mention how cramped the hallway from the first and second room is? They didn't even bother to clean it so there was still boxes of shit piled up. When there's a line to get to the second room not because something big is going on but because it's so fucking cramped that only one person at a time could possibly get through, you know you're doing something wrong. Once the line finishes I ask the Twilight Zone signed issue, he gives me it and thanked me because nobody was interested until I came along, he clearly didn't want to be there because even he knew how shitty of an event it was. Before the event I noticed how there was going to be "Gaming" there, oh boy! I can't wait for some kind of tournament, perhaps a fighting game. Total bullshit, there was a MtG tournament and nothing else, this one Mexican kid that couldn't possibly be older then 12 was wrecking people twice his age at MtG, it was funny seeing the neckbeards lose their minds, I stood and watched even though I don't know shit about MtG, laughing all the way and eventually left. Once I got out there was a Booker DeWitt cosplayer showing off and I complimented it because it was a genuinely good cosplay, even if I don't like BioShock Infinite.

I didn't do anything after that besides buy a box protector for the Pop for $1. There was absolutely nothing else of note, they couldn't even be fucked to have one panel perhaps outside to conserve space, it was a beautiful sunny Spring day so I couldn't figure out why not, probably because they were too cheap to contact anybody that people give a fuck about.

It was basically a glorified marketplace that sold itself on false advertising. There were no official events for anything besides comics and art even though it sold itself on comics, art, toys, vidya and cosplay. I talked to a little friend of mine that runs a comic shop just a few blocks from the event. He refused to go because they wanted his Conan comic collection for less then fifty cents each, of course he told them to go fuck themselves and moved on.

Sorry for the long ass post but I really can't summarize this shit in a meme arrow greentext. I'm tempted to buy the Space Ghost Pop, they told me to never buy one because it's a trap that will quickly turn into an addiction even if you buy just one, I didn't listen, save yourselves while you still can

Do you think you two are in someone's collage?

Did you make some friends or did you brought some?

Was just my ex and I. Played some with the fighting game folk but didn't really make any long term friendships or anything. Was going to join the fighting game scene in Deutschland but ended up moving away soon after.

You know that video with the autists all meowing at eachother in public after a con?

I live in that city.

This dude looked like he could very well be in his 50's though, and it worries me to think which one of the two came first.

Fuck, was that the one expo on now?
Well I want there and was utterly disappointed

I saw someone like this as well. He looked like a cross between austin power and velma from scooby doo with a permanent frown on his face and some horn glasses.

He might have just been a crossdresser or something, Idk what those people call themselves.

is the one in the middle a reverse trap?

CeBIT last year. it was a soul-crushing drag because the majority of it was a bunch of tech-illiterate cunts hawking outsourcing and cable splicers.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for you young people for missing out on how great things were, or to envy you for not having to suffer through seeing it die.

Oh, okay
Also where was that arcade? I want to go there now

I've been to a few. The fact is that they vary widely in quality. AWA 2013 was pretty good.

Got to shake hands and talk for a bit with ZUN.
Got to talk to and hug moot. I feel nothing but resentment.

I guess it's okay, since we haven't reached a tipping point yet. Though i did see some schoolgirl with an "I love yaoi" pin while i was going to work. Pic related was my face. I never went myself but i have friends who had. The girlfriend of my friend's friend cosplayed as an adepta sororitas from wh40k. It was pretty decent from what i heard, and that it was heavily circulated on the net.

why even go to a con? at best its just normalfags like says, but at their worst its cringe turned up to eleven with furfags, panels about checking your privilege, and smelly autists creating a toxic cloud of gas that could kill someone. a lot of people just go to them to have sex, its disturbing that these people breed at all.

Never, there are no such things as conventions, at least not where i live(there might be some in the capital) but i don't know how i would cope with something like that, a heavily crowded place.

I don't believe you.

If I remember right it had Galaxy in the name, was pretty close to the convention centre.

Get looking. You are in for a wild fucking ride, son.

I've been to a few but theres not much to say. Most people who go are a little bit friendlier than most and, given the atmosphere, more unabashed. If you've ever been to a comic store, tabletop gaming shop or other niche nerd thing you should probably know the type of people that go there.

The weirdest thing I had was speaking to some people about our favourite characters and stuff when they decided to immediately try and drag me over to the doujins and strongly recommend me stuff they had masturbated to.

I always find it funny because local/national news are almost always there just to try and interview the weirdest fuckers so they can paint the whole thing is a gathering of retards. They basically wander around and shove a mic in everyones face then cut out anyone who can string more than two sentences together.

But you probably need to be well above average.

And I've been hit on by gays more than girls.

Was he autistic enough to actually admit that he masturbated to that?

No, live awhile from each other

**homosuck*
no one was especially creepy though, just mundane autism

Went to one in Portland once. Saw more doctor who/firefly fans than anything. Would not recommend. Didn't see many of the horror stories about furries and weebs that would harass you though.

You may not be a nigger, but you sure as fuck have the soul of one.

I have trouble believing that, if just because most of them were too inept or unattractive to flirt.

Eh. Cons are pretty awful. Like, anytime you've got a social gathering based around a mostly solitary activity (watching TV, reading, most video games) it's inevitably going to be at best weird.

Because the people who are most heavily interested in solitary activities aren't really social people. This goes for more than just 'nerd' hobbies, and isn't a value judgement. It's just a fact. So you've got a mix of "really into it" non-social people trying to find a way to be social around a non-social activity, and you've got social people who're mostly there for the social 'bridging' aspects of the hobby. That is: they like talking about anime more than they like watching anime.

The two groups don't actually have a lot of common ground, and don't really understand eachother's reasons for being there.

"Dude you have to buy this I don't know how many times I've fapped to it I cum so many buckets"

Also if you want to get hit on by girls and you can manage it then go in trap mode. The type of girls who go to cons love it.

I go to my state's local convention every august. it's fun. As a fan of deadpool it's fun to cosplay as him amongst a sea of other deadpools, and just goof off for a bit as one of many anonymous deadpools. I think last year there was about 100 of us at the meetup? Anyways, cons are fun if you'd just Stop following the Holla Forums hivemind. There's more than a few panels which might catch your interest, or maybe you can attend one of the many concerts that usually play, like voltaire. God DAMN I love me some voltaire. Anyways, they're also good places to get miniatures and hang out with other friendless socialites. I picked up a figurine while I was there last year, and my brother picked up a replica lightsaber. It was kinda nice.

Correction: there was one girl that was trying to force herself romantically on a guy. They were both around 15 though. She was telling everyone they were in a relationship and I think trying to get physical. This was like 2 years ago

user, I hope you aren't this retarded.

Do you mean me looking like a twink? That's certainly not trap mode.

jezus….

Did you pull of his humor or didn't you have many such opportunities?

I feel like Deadpool costumes realizing the "Anonymous/4chan IRL shitposting" dream is sort of fitting.

Absolutely false. One of the primary draws of going to cons is to get drunk and fuck. This applies to both attractive and unattractive people.
Me too. Don't think too much about it. Women in general are not expected to be the initiator of that sort of interaction, but gay men still are, even though there's two of them. All it means is that you're attractive enough to be hit on, however much that is.

I went to some small German convention twice. Lots of Narutos, Final Fantasies, One Pieces and whatever the flavor of the month anime was at the time.
Some of the folks I talked to were nice, but all in all it felt like a waste of time.

I also dressed up as that one time. Went to a meetup which was awkward as hell since barely anyone talked.

Teach me your ways, senpai.

I don't do it, I just used to hang out with people who do.

Also, senpai should be transliterated as sempai, because senpai requires that the recipient knows about a foreign grammar rule, which defeats the point of translation.

Do not, there is not a single person there worth fucking, just because some of them may look nice with clothes on sure as fuck doesn't mean they look nice without them.

Since this threads here I might as well ask.

Would Holla Forums be interested in a 8ch.net panel with codemonkey, myself, whatever globals + Board Owners that are available plus Jim and Hotwheels with a Webcam live from Philippines for the actual panel.

Don't listen to this fucking goof, a casual fuck is a casual fuck. You know you crave it.

No

Do one at like Furcon or something.

So he ain't dead yet. Good to know.

Apart from that, FUCK NO.

Nah it has to be at AnimeUSA

Doesn't hurt if you are a twink, but I mean stick a maid dress on or something in that vein. Unless you want to try going for the 'bear in girls clothes' look if you can at least make half an effort to try to seem feminine there will be wet floor signs in your wake.

Sometimes what matters is the strength to fight the craving you god forsaken barbarian

Why that'n?

Consider suicide homo.

Probably because it's the one he can afford to get to.

Do they do it during the cons? Like in the toilets or what?

your standards can't be that high

Sure, why not?

Mate. I don't think girls or anyone except you likes this sort of shit.

I can't even imagine gays going for that.

Mainly since that's where the first 4chan panel was, and Hiroshima sure as hell ain't going. So to piss him off I figured we'd do a panel there. It'd be a good opportunity to connect with you fellow autists even more, in addition to pissing off cuckchan.

Well I never. Having a fuck here and there is a part of human nature, you can't shame me.

Of course not. Though I'm sure that's happened, at some point. People who go to cons regularly are way too serious about it and get hotel rooms. Someone's usually got one available.

Sure, but I'm blaming you if there's an influx of faggots, furries or casuals

After going yearly to my local Comic Con, I can say its a bunch of sweaty nerds behind a table surrounded by a bunch of hot girls all dressed up for attention and money. No one who isn't fat and sweaty genuinely likes going.

Why is the board owner so autistic.

furries are kill on sight

I am okay with faggots, but not casuals.

He is a tulpa. He is everything we believe he is.

I'm pretty sure that's a prerequisite of even being able to run Holla Forums.

SEND IT TO GAYMERX.

Once they had Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, Zoe Quinn and Anthony Burch in the same event.

gaymerx.com/gx3-schedule/ Think I'm fucking around?

As much as I like the idea of pissing off halfchan all it's gonna achieve is draw more faggots to the site.

As long as the fags are good fags I'm alright with 'em

I like that this is what it takes for you to suspend your disbelief of the shit that happens at cons.

Some guy recommending shit based fap habits in public? Yeah totally.
Social rejects meet up at furry cons to try and get a fuck? Oh yeah I believe it.
Freaky girls exist? No that cannot be true do not try to fool me.

I always thought 'faggots' was a catch-all term for casuals, fantards and attention whores rather than actual gays.

That would be hilarious, but I doubt we'd even be accepted there.

It's just what we call people that we hate but faggot means homo so we call gays fags

It's worth a shot man, at least you'd get a fun response

How new are you? Faggots has been a general term used for nearly any purpose for a while now. I'm addressing you, you're a faggot. You disagree with me, you're a faggot. I love you, you're a faggot.

Faggot.

Some are really lonely and I can empathize with that tbh.

I honestly can't imagine a guy, especially if masculine walking around in girl's clothing.

That looks just weird, even if there is one autistic girl that likes that sort of thing.

I've been to three different cons.

1: local gun con. You just walk around and look at and buy guns and WW2 paraphernalia. You can talk to the people there but I didn't know much about guns at the time so I felt out of place.

Baltimore Otakaon: Been there a few times pre2012 : Pretty horrible overall. All the guys are thirsty fuckers looking to woo some cosplay slut, and all the chicks immediately assume you're a creep if you talk to them. Average age is maybe 16. The panels are 90% shit, the dealer's room is overpriced garbage, there's absolutely no point in doing QAs because they only bring English VAs, and if you want to watch anime, you can just do it at home. The one saving grace is that they occasionally have some good musical guests like Nobuo Uematsu.

Been to PAXEast several times pre-gamergoy, and I enjoyed it every time. The main floor is great, and you get to play a ton of unreleased games. Generally you want to stick to the smaller booths since lines are shorter. Lots of people give out swag, and sometimes devs hold promo tournaments, which can be a blast.

Most panels are pretty garbage, but sometimes there's a few interesting ones. The best ones are usually stuff like Acquisitions incorporated, but if you've seen their podcasts, you can usually tell if that's you're type of thing or not.

In general the people were very friendly, though I'm told the enforcers are very cliquey. Not as much cosplay as anime cons, but most of the cosplay is pretty well done. Average age is probably late 20s, but there's people of all ages.

If you get bored/tired, you can always just walk down to the tabletop area and grab a game and find some people to play with. It's a lot less crowded than the other areas.

The gender neutral bathrooms are an absolute mess, and they're basically just women's bathrooms where guys smear shit everywhere.

There's also lots of industry hosted parties that you can go to if you sign up for. Some of them have free drinks, and they're a good opportunity to get drunk, dance like and idiot, and hook up (but honestly it's no easier than just hooking up in a college town).

Highlight was probably the 2nd year I went, I dressed up as the MC from Bastion, and hung out with Logan Cunningham and Jen Zee for awhile. Both completely awesome people, and Jen was surprised that I actually cared about an artist and not just the narrator.

If you do go to a con alone, I highly suggest doing relevant cosplay, and doing it well. It's a great way to meet people. Also if you do something stupid, like dress up as Doctor Who, you deserve every annoying 400lb hambeast that tackles you, and all the broken bones that come with it.

also, good luck getting a ticket to PAXPrime/East anymore without relying on scalpers. The tickets sell out within 2 minutes of going on sale anymore.

Free food?

kek

normalfags leave

Can confirm this, to an extent. Wearing a meido costume while in trap mode did get a lot of female attention, but as far as converting that into actual fugging, you got me stumped.

I am jelly. I got a poster with her signature on it but that beats it.

yeah and it looks completly ridiculous

explain

Better not be some gas station eggrolls or some shit. Though driving all the way there just to fuck around and see you nigs might be worth it anyway.

Explain

It seems to have passed you by but is a guy.

I mean, 'real' girls arent really into watching gay guys do stuff but since yaoi is a big thing you would not be surprised how much more common that inclination is within cons.

There's not much to explain. I'm an effeminate faggot with low body fat and slight muscle tone who put on a strawberry meido costume. This results in girls paying attention, for some reason.

Are you german by any chance?

W-what?

Are you thinking of 'Onkel Jo'? I doubt that user is talking about the same dude.

but you wanted the male attention, right? no bully, just wondering if you succeded

As russian i always dream about visit some American CON with lewd nerds and anime girls.

Nope. Despite everything, I'm straight.

uh-huh

uh-huh

What character? He was john and I was dave.
Never went to a meetup, lucky me. There's not a whole lot of those idiots in these flyover states.

My local cons have always been the kind fo place where if you don't buy stuff you usually end up getting bored as fuck.

Lately they are trying to correct this by inviting VAs from borh new and old chinese cartoons (the latter are more for nostalgia's sake, which still works to this day), maybe some weeb music band, and the occasional artist or comics/TV celebrity that unfortunately includes "professional" cosplayers which are becoming more and more common each year, but they always involve paying a gorillion extra on top of paying a rather excessive amount for entry. It's been years since I went to one of those and I did get some decent stuff back then, but I don't feel like it's worth the admission price at this point. If I really need to buy something I do it online.

There were a couple of more fun, yet smaller events but unfortunately they don't last long or they are not recurring like the well-known ones.

Sounds like you're asking to get bombed

Depends.

Do you like getting hugged by unusual people?

I don't care either way

I got a few chances. A lot of the people who cosplay him grew up with waypool, so their humor is a bit off. That said the suspension of disbelief by other people who want to take pictures of you is so high you can crack any joke you want and it's bound to work.

It pretty much is, user. It pretty much is.

Also, was the bomb threat at the gg event ever resolved or did it just show how fucked the opposition is

I hope you make it here one day, user.

it only showed how fucked up the opposition is.

Okay. You better prepare for an after-event cuddle session then.

I disagree.

I like the moderation on this board. Never had any bad experiences.

that's stone shill, just ignore him.

I was Dave too. Got a few compliments for it from random people passing by.
The meetup was especially awkward for me since I was the only guy there. I was pretty much ignored and couldn't strike up conversation, but it could've been worse I suppose.

Yes only because I want to see Hotwheels again.

It's already too late for that, it you actually take a good look at every single fucking thread in here you will notice that there a re a huge fucking amounts of crossposters that don't know how to spoiler, unironically using acronyms. Face it reddit and halfchan are already here and there here to stay, whatever "damage" going to con would do has already been done to this site tenfold.

So do it, we've got nothing to lose.

Can you screancap his post ?

Nice reference my man.

I remember going to some Star Trek convention in the 1980s (can't remember when exactly, but I was in my late teens early 20s) with a friend.
That was my first and last time. When I saw that documentary on the fans a few years later I wasn't at all surprised.

Are you over 50? Is your hair greying yet?

Nice to know old farts are browsing Redchannit. I great;y appreciate you being here.

youtube.com/watch?v=X0q4YiCNG2o

Sure he is.

I've went to several cons (mostly anime/vidya/comic ones), and I've seen some good and bad shit.

Went to a general sci-fi/fantasy/gaming con once. Spent 5 straight days hammered drunk. Enjoyed the music performances and some of the cosplayers, but it wasn't worth the ticket price really. Should have just gone on Saturday.

If you're ever going to go to something like this, go with people you're really sure you're going to enjoy the company of. Getting up to shenanigans is the only fallback if the panels and events suck. And half the time they will.

And for fuck's sake, shower. I don't understand how people function without showering at least once a day. Don't be that filthy fuck that contributes to the con funk that everyone hates.

TEN. THOUSAND. TIMES. THIS. Especially for summer cons. It takes ten minutes a day to shower, and it'll help everyone breath (including you) for those same ten minutes at least. Plus it cools down the body, for summer cons.

Americans didnt use perfume?

This. I went to PAX East this year with some randoms from the roomshare thread and the shenanigans were fantastic.

Most con-goers are socially-retarded lumps who don't spend enough time in the presence of other humans to understand good hygiene.

This sounds like a terrible idea for numerous reasons. So of course you should do it.

expand please, like you just watched day9's tutorial on zerg and are ready to play bronzeleague

Mark, when your kike acts up you say the dumbest shit.

I thought the story was kinda cute and funny, user.

Because we all want some faggot to get the wrong idea and try to rupture our asshole through our pants.

Oh come on, it was adorable.

It's a bit of a long shot, I'm about to go home and I might miss it, but do you know the source of that manga panel? It seems a lot of fun.

Nothing spectacular

Turns out she was living not so far from my country. I only saw her once more, which ended the same way as the first one.

Look user, I think you may be fucking gay. Like nigga, do you really fucking think some fat autist, just rubbing up against you and licking your ears is adorable?

That does make you a nigger, user.

Boku no Doggu

Huh, kinda makes you think.

You americans are hilarious. I really hate your fucking retarded "paranoid about anything gay" culture.

Turned out she hoped to get the whole distribution instead of part of it, and was ready to whore herself for that. We only had time for her to get half of it, though, which is why we met again.

Might not want it tho.

They're expensive, overcrowded, full of normalfags who want everyone to know they are "ironic" and go 4chan, there's perhaps a hundred of people displaying as whatever is popular at the time used to be Naruto and shit, now it's Harley Quinn and Deadpool

They're only worth it if you have friends to go with. And like anywhere else, it is possible to meet a few other cool people. Just don't hold your breath or do

I triggered a faggot

*Cosplaying, not displaying

shut up Holla Forums and get back to your containment board and thanks for proving me right

This, you're dipping your dick in ugly, and if it's not ugly it's crazy to go to a con for getting laid

It's not even about high standards, it's about having any fucking standards, and what really grinds my gears are the people who go through it and then have the gall to fucking COMPLAIN about it and victimize themselves when something goes unexpected, like it wasn't obvious for fuck everyone else

Nigga just because I don't like sucking dicks, and taking multiple aids infested cocks in my ass doesn't make be a Holla Forumslack. I CAN FEEL SUMMER .

It's okay. I don't hate you for liking twinks or hugging, but I hate you for projecting this bad.

Careful with the virgin rage, bro. You might just actually believe what you are saying there and then you end up like the average weeb nazi Holla Forumsack.

i quoted your posts not mine but i guess its really hard for you to hide your reddit power level huh?

I go to them a lot but all I can think about is how much I want to do something horrible like drop caltrops, glue razorblades to doorknobs, or put live animals into people's swag bags.

get some ceramic blades and you could probably pull it off at the higher-security ones.

Can you feel summer user? Can you? All the underage redditors, and autistic edgelords. All under one board instead going to fucking summer school like the fucking faggots they are.

They don't do body checks do they?

Now that is slightly more creative. Instead of projecting your repressed homophobia on me and calling me a fag, which I predicted and called you out on, now you go with with the 2nd most common uncreative insult and pull the reddit boogeyman meme xDDD

you dont know how quoting works them, because I didnt say these things

hello satan

Kill yourself faggot.

5/10 you tried

Don't forget the sho kool billiard ball tied to a string.

7/10 shows effort

I went to an anime con couple years ago, all I did was play Halo by myself for most of the time, then went and bought some things and left.

Some of the higher-profile cons do, but even then the blades are pretty flat and easy to hide

Unless you're a 400lb hamplanet with folds big enough to store all that, it ain't gonna work.

You kidding? You really couldn't act any more gay if you tried.

That sounds extremely embarrassing.
Go ahead.

Tfw want to cosplay
Tfw my body is all kinds of fucked
Tfw my face looks like no vidya character

What's something I can do that is beginner friendly and i won't royally fuck up?

I used to go to cons because it was actually fun and included some fucked up shit like guys trying to "emulate" lolicon doujins in dark places and "irl yaoi" everywhere, plus some other oldschool things like trading old VHS collections of Tokusatsu and other things.

I can't go to one anymore due to my actual lifestyle. It sucks. I wanna die already.

wat? I really want to see that just for the pure cringe factor. Or is it just girls dressed up as link?

just go as a nazi and tell everyone that you cosplay as one from wolfenstein

Even though I'm a skinny, acne ridden, melvin, I like to dress as Conan.

simple costume that is also cheap.

Can you post a pic? I just want to know what it looks like and give you props if it actually looks good on a skinny person.

This is what the audience looks like at your average Death Grips gig.

Sounds about right.

I'm not a buyfag, so i've never seen the point in going

I'm an ex fatty (now skinny fat) guy that looks like a drugged out, ayylmao girl.

I know the 3rd guy from the right, actually I know lots of faggots who dress like that….

AMA.

It makes me want to die, because my hobby is fashion, and I fucking hate this fuckboy style. I don't dabble in this kind of street fashion and I just don't get it.

Went to a MLP con several times. It was fairly okay. Autism was overflowing everywhere, but the good kind of autism, and even people I never met before acted like total bros and were up for random fun shit. For example, a friend started playing some ultra-remixed crap and people formed a conga line (at least a hundred people participated in it) and went into the nearby shop centre. Half the normalfags there laughed and taped the whole thing, the other half (mostly old farts) looked like they wanted to slaughter us all, but then the conga line went back outside.

Overall a nice experience, especially if you go with friends. Revealing your power level in the relevant areas actually makes people respect you rather than cringe, and it's a good way to meet new people. Since it's a public event and the law is strict about such things, the staff makes sure that nothing really degenerate happens (actual furries don't attend too much because of that), and in the evening, everyone gets drunk as shit and dances the night away (if it can be called dancing – almost nobody knows how to actually dance, so it's usually some improvised bullshit that you made up in your drunken stupor. I think my favourite was when everyone formed a circle, threw a balloon in the middle, and kicked it up while dancing) while some shitty fandom band plays on stage.

to flirt with gay people, have them compliment you, agree to cuddling and have your ear licked of course

are you german by chance? there are few people who dress that way here

Yeah, sounds like every other /fa/bulous guy

I am europoor Ex Europoor, enjoy those migrants dingo

Nah, it were just a bunch of faggots trying too hard to dress like pic related and then going to the bathrooms to have sex. Oh and for these cons (that were mostly done in theatres) the bathrooms were 'unisex'. You were able to go the girls bathroom without having womyn yelling at you.

I went to one in the caribbean a couple of years ago. Lots of girls in sexy outfits who gave you hugs and let you take pictures with them, a great showcase of cool modded/hacked games (who the fuck needs Smash 4?), great displays and rare goods and other such joys. This was back in 2008. Last year I went to a big con here in the US. It was shit. No decent goods, lousy showcase, tryhards and edgefags everywhere, a tranny and his gay friend who threw a hissy fit because someone called him a dude, ugly and fat chicks all around and any sexy cosplayers would call security whenever someone took a pic.

Yeah. I still remember the guy from lurking spieletipps way back in like '09.

are you for real?

>travel by train to Chicago for Anime Central mostly just for Hardcore Synergy, because I went to Ohayocon last year and decided it wasn't really for me

Was a good time overall, but I would never want to stay at one of these fucking things for more than a day or two.

Sure, but ditch the globals, board owners,codemonkey,jim and yourself.

I dislike /fa/. I don't deal with that kind of fashion like I said. I generally use styleforum for less pretentious posters.

Does EVO count?

It was really fun, there were only a few cosplays but they were well done, most of the focus was toward the event. Bought a couple keychains and shirts, missed my SF4 pools, played in the Skullgirls tournament and thwomped some fat bitch before getting wrecked by good players. Stick parts stand didn't have any purple buttons which I was hoping to find.

I suppose if there is a competitive element to a kind of convention it cuts out a lot of the degenerate bullshit I've seen at other conventions.

Come on.

I know, right?

Unless there's MK involved, at which point SonicFox will bring in the writhing miasma of degeneracy.

When I was younger I'd cosplay cute characters and go to them to have way too much sex.

I'd fuck a dude if he was remotely cute at a con.
I'd be more wary of women, funnily enough.

Have you seen the size of a dragon dildo? You can fit it in.

at least tell us what was it like please

especially if you had something with a cuteboy

wow, where did this suddenly come from?

The only convention I've done is SDCC a few times. I'm going to AnimeExpo this year though.

What should I expect?

Cuddling with Mark, the board owner and homoerotic encounters.

Wait, Mark is going?

We are loudly discussing how to sneak weapons into conventions. Would you like to join?

The magic fagbus dropped us off from /cuteboys/.
Seriously though, I'm super weak to flirting; even if somebody I wasn't remotely attracted to hit on me, I might be coerced into lewd activities.

I wouldn't fuck mark, though. Short chubby jews with glasses are the opposite of attractive.

He suggested so earlier, yes.

What would you have done?

You just want an excuse to get bodysearched, user.

Alright, let me wrap up my memories.

>Chile
You got your typical otaku crowd like in both pics related, blasting j-pop music, etc. Mostly of these events were done in theatres. And you got a lot of spaces there to be alone. Sadly, most of these people weren't even hiding it, girls included.

Fujoshits loved to find these kind of things, and every time someone talked about it, they screamed like they were having orgasms.
To make it worse, these things were fucking usual at these cons. Most of these people (including me at that time) were brainwashed for Shonenjump faggotry, J-Pop, Yaoi and Yuri anime, modern Final Fantasy-tier videogames and these things. Girls weren't even ashamed to show panties in the scenario to everybody while cosplaying Ikkitousen or Bible Black.

You also got your Batshit Insane Bisexual Lolicon that could talk to every otaku in the bus about the things they liked, and they usually accepted to do things with lonely guys for some money, food or some anime figure they wanted.

I wish i was inventing this, but there was no security whatsoever in these things because it was "unnecessary" for these events according to the authorities.

How does that even sound bad?

Why even live?

But if they search me, they might take my flail.

huh, that's quite degenerate

But I am still a virgin at 22 and I guess it's hypocritical of me for saying that, especially since I would be fine with fucking someone on a con as well. Oh decisions …

Common sentiment. Women who cosplay are usually pretty kooky.

Taking someone's virginity is cute at first but gets old really quick. Sex in cosplay or lolita is just not worth the trouble -you can't get cum out via dry cleaning, so you need it made out of more durable(and expensive) fabric if you want to do that.

And when people notice you made it out of that, they're going to assume you are a fucking bicycle and are bringing the condoms. I think the top score I've seen from someone like that is fifteen over one weekend.

Beyond that, everyone has a weird fetish, and if you put up with it it will push you to deeper extremes. After a few years I literally couldn't get off without some weird shit, and now I can't get off unless someone is being permanently harmed or murdered.

Please don't remind me of him. I had to be within ten feet of him and his faggot furry boyfriend. They were playing with eachother's faggy furhats while they were commentating my game.

Get some standards my nigga.

You either live an upstanding citizen or die a wizard.

Stop masturbating for a week. You'll be able to jerk off to just about anything.

was going to say "no you dip, why are you this addicted to cringe" but if you do manage to get all those people there'd be a chance it'd be interesting.

Of course, you won't have an audience since no-one'll care, so I'll still say no to avoid the cringe.

I went to the university of Washington up in seattle and everytime PAX rolled into town I'd go work maintenance. It was basically being paid to go to the con with the downside being I had to clean trash and other unholy shit. The worst was definitely a fat neckbeard who had to go to the hospital or something because he fucking ate something bad but he only left after he literally took a shotgun shit all over the bathroom. It basically looked like someone tried to spackle with shit.
Aside from that though, it was basically me and the other maintenance crew fucking around and watching the freak show.
All the anons in this thread talking about commercialism are dead on though, as soon as any sense of big money gets involved it all goes to shit, no pun intended per my story

I masturbate once every few months, user. It's hard enough finding things that work for me that it ends up being pretty rare.

You just need a good hug.

No.

It could be just a memory now (because Anime cons here went to shit anyway), if it weren't because some guy in a forum spilled the beans that there are recordings of that stuff, and at that time, that was child porn.

It couldn't be a problem for me, but he also said these recordings were re-recorded over other vids of groups of friends having fun not doing 'degenerate' things, and i appear in one of these vids, so, if the polices catches this i'm probably going to be picked for an interrogation.

But how am I supposed to know whether it's just my jealousy and virgin-rage talking?
Even though I called others in this thread out on it, it still affects me a bit.

I don't really understand you tbh. I mean first of all I can't relate to "taking someone's virginity" like it's a hobby and I have no idea about getting cum on clothes during sex.

Why is that a thing, can't you just pull off your pants or something?

I have no ideas what you're saying. You mean like people just jump on top of you, because they see that you were having sex?

Girls and guys??

I am pretty much vanilla, if you overlook that I am bi and have become even more into guys over the years.

Weeaboos want the clothes on just like their japanese animes. I guess if you're cosplaying a character convincingly, they'd want it on.

Taking virginity like a hobby… Yeah, I can understand not relating to that.

You are very innocent, it feels like. No, I mean like people will hit on you all the time, even ugly people, even obnoxious people, and especially persistent people, because they figure you're there to have as much sex as possible. In defense of those people, they usually aren't wrong.

Stay that way, if you can.

There's a comics convention in my state.

Just loads and loads of comics and comic related merchandise, stall by stall. Some people dress up and go there.

That's pretty much it.

If you only have money for the ticket, then there's nothing to do unless you're hanging out with friends.

I've been thinking about going to Ohayocon for a while now, since I have been living in Columbus for a couple years, but have avoided it because I know some tremendous faggots that go every year. Any anons ever go? Is it alright?

Guro isn't that hard to find.

Casual sex is just a distraction. Your virginity is something you can only lose once. If you're going to lose it, you might as well lose it with a person you actually care about. You might not even get married to them.

You aren't bisexual, by the way. Bisexuality is a mental disorder caused when you start to become attracted to certain traits by seeing them in the other gender. You're either straight or you're a faggot, and the moment dicks start going where they don't belong, is the moment you crossed the line.

But then again, the only thing separating me from a normalfag is being a hateful, cynical bastard who can't take enjoyment out of anything.

So I guess they do it through their zip? I never tried it really, too uncomfortable.

Okay tell me right now, user.
Are you like bi?

You are talking of people, not girls, so I presume you are. And I presume you are fairly good lookingfor attracting that sort of crowd.

Yeah. I am very much into cuddling.

Pretty much every con m8

Not enough anymore.

Or they're wearing a dress too, and lift the skirt. I never got the whole zipper thing either.

Even if I wasn't bisexual, most people at conventions who are looking for random sex are bi.

It would be gay for me to go for a girl.

you know the rules

Knowing how internet is nowadays, i doubt.

I like dicks, mostly 2D, but actual faggots disgust me. The few I've known sleep around a ton and are even less capable of holding a stable relationship than any girl I've met.

Oh well. I better not dwell on lost opportunities.

So user. A lot of people here are posting about how their stay at a con was relatively boring and there are a few casanovas like you and others …

I JUST realized that I am talking to a girl. Fuck.

Oh well, I am not going to edit my comment now. I wanted to ask you if you had some tips for someone like me and others, but you are a girl, so whatever.

So anyway, tell me about some boy on boy stuff you witnessed. Since you are posting this guro shit, you might as well help me indulge in my fetish as well.

Wear a mask
Be a big guy

I can feel the bile creeping up my throat

Just a hopeless romantic. Loyalty really isn't worth shit to anybody anymore.

To me it is, believe me.

Anime-con 2009 Finland, my first and only Con i've been.

I dont understand what's the big deal with those, shitty cosplays shitty cosplays everywhere all those narutards and Yoko-sluts not to mention nothing cool at all like crowded hall with just some shitty stalls selling shitty weeb-merchandise.

There's nothing wrong with being a romantic, user. In fact, I can't see any point in living besides continuing romanticism.

Well that explains the bizarrely low frequency of masturbation.

But rules are rules.

I attend cons over the summer. It's hard to find good deals in vendor rooms, but you can sometimes, and they're just about the only place you can find a wide assortment of imported games and games for slightly more obscure consoles. And they tend to have pretty nice selections of arcade machines on free play.
I'm gonna bring a bunch of duplicate games and try trading around at the next con I go to. Haven't tried that before, but I saw a lot of people doing it at the last con I attended. Hoping for the best.

I refuse to believe this until proven wrong

I don't see much of a point in anything these days, really. Though I don't want to call myself a nihilist.

Yeah yeah. Here's a picture of me and my tits.

I WAS a whore, mind you. Women in their early twenties have problems.

The game aint so different. Be cute, wear makeup(yes even if you're a guy use some foundation) be confident, make your intentions clear. Done. Easy sex.

Two crossplayers going at it can actually be cute at times. When the stars align, you can get two super shy crossdressers to go at it and it almost always results in a long-term relationship.

Once in a while you get a big guy type who brings dresses not to wear them but specifically to make someone else wear them. Sort of like a sugar daddy if a sugar daddy was himself a slut. Girly guys just gravitate towards that kind of person in the purest expression of homosexuality imaginable and you know they fucked later.

Can't say I ever sat around and watched two guys go at it, but it isn't particularly rare.

Alright, whore.

see

Sensitive, aren't we?

ugh, I have to learn makeup now as a guy? Fuck me.

I guess I could fake it till I make it. I can hide my introvert side sometimes to not seem like an anti-social sperg.

Okay, my comparison of conventions with ancient roman festivals seems more and more to be true.

I am not convinced it's the purest. Homo after all means attraction to "same-ness".

Don't be a pussy, foundation is easy. Just get some on the brush and lightly apply it to even out any discoloration, tanning, blemishes ect. on your face.

That's all you have to do. Look confident and non-ugly for ten minutes in a public place and someone will think "Hey, I'd fuck that."

there's no excuse for a man to wear makeup unless he is on television or some sort of professional personality. Either that or if you want to be a fag. Seriously don't do it, people will be able to tell and they will laugh.

All the twink youtubers seem to do it. Or they have pretty amazing natural skin.

I guess it's easier for girls though.

A foundation isn't really makeup though, or is it?

also take every piece of advice you hear from a woman with a big grain of salt. For one, women don't understand what it's like to be the mean initiator of contact and the social burden that gives to autists, and for another, women don't actually know what they like in men.

Actually seeing how effeminate twink act like and me being bi, makes me think about how similar they act like and kinda gave me a new perspective.

Though what the hell do I know? Definetly less than her.

no
no

to put benis into (boy)pussy

Sounds like regular bathrooms would work just fine for that

No the regular bathrooms are for the actually nasty shit.

Gender neutral ones are for the other nasty, but not literally nasty stuff.

Where are you going to shit if you really need to go and there are only neutral bathrooms in the con then?

To be honest tho, there's nothing particularly wrong with gender neutral bathrooms. Just imagine it's a closet bathroom in a small restaurant or something, except with more than one toilet stall.

Allowing a woman into your bathroom is like inviting an Indian into your home. It might seem like a good idea at first, but before you know it everything will be covered in shit and blood.

How is inviting an Indian into your home "a good idea at first"?

They eat lots of spicy food, so their meat is probably tasty.

I wish I screengrabbed that story of an user getting a handjob in the men's bathroom from a guy next door.

He kneeled down on the floor for him to reach his pepe.

I've gone to one con, it was fairly large actually.
I was much more neurotic than I am now when I went though, so all I did was walk the show floor and then leave.
Still, it was fun and I bought some crap from it. The people were pretty cool, not sure if it'd still be cool given how the current climate of "nerd shit" is, but when I went it was nice talking to people about stuff I actually like and they knew what I was talking about.

If I do go again it'll be because I can afford to cosplay and to actually check out some panels and shit.

Who cares what she thinks, she's a whore.
Now quit being such a bitch.

Went to Blizzcon sometime before 2011… I think.

Played Diablo 3 demo.
Huge fucking crowd. Lines for everything. Met some wow guildies (pre-cata), watched them sperg out over frozen throne. Played Diablo 3 demo. Sat in on cosplay contest (Cydea won) hosted by partially drunk / hilarious Jay Mohr. Went to some other panels that I don't remember and didn't really care about. Won a nice mousepad at the Razor shill booth. Played Diablo 3 demo. Went on this twirly circle ride thingie. Heard a bit of the Ozzy Osbourne performance, but ducked out because that hall was packed to full.

Was generally a fairly positive experience, mostly because overall cosplay was 7/10, and the ones that were bad were intentionally bad. People seemed to remember to have taken care of their personal hygiene beforehand, so that was a plus. Jay Mohr made the convention for me; he really knew how to work the crowd.

Josh?

This one time I went to an anime con in Peru.

Shit was kind of weird.

I had the day off, and didn't really have anything to do – it was a Sunday. I'm in the middle of Cuzco, right before Halloween and I see these posters with anime chicks on them, clearly advertising a con. I think, hey, that's today. So, out of complete boredom, I decide to hunt for them.

After a long while of looking, I come across the high school where the event was being held. It was really something. People were dressed in really elementary cosplay, especially considering that Peru isn't a very wealthy country. There were a few standouts in line for the place, but nothing incredible.

I get in after forking over 20 soles ($7) and enter a high school gymnasium, converted to be 3rd world weeb central. There were a few shops, selling little keychain trinkets and various things. Anything which they didn't make themselves was hilariously overpriced, presumably because of importing fees. A can of Evangelion Ucc coffee was like 30 soles ($10), for reference.

Yet this didn't deter several varieties of the Common Weeb, who flocked to these poor stands to gawk and drool over expensive toys they couldn't buy. There was also a maid cafe, which wasn't serving at the time that I arrived. I was too terrified to go up and order something in Spanish, mostly because I feared what kind of cutesy voice they'd attempt to put on to appear the most anime. Believe me, shit doesn't translate outside of Japanese.

Eventually a pop group, consisting of 5 out of shape girls and one skinny guy, came up to the stage and danced passably to a vocaloid number. This then was proceeded by a cosplay contest, and this one guy who did the rabbit from Summer Wars won. Rightfully so, he had worked hard on his shit. Wanted to get a picture just for kicks, but I didn't.

Some other minorly cringey shit happened while I continue to marvel at why I'm here in the first place. They are also selling illegal DVD rips of dubbed anime in Spanish. I bought Berserk for $5, and gave it later to a family in the Amazon.

Saw a Rei figma that caught my attention and balked hard after learning it was $100. I left soon after.

Didn't even get drunk. Interesting experience, 7/10.