The Kino-est Castlevania Game

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck is this rainbow shit,

Keep your trash memes in Holla Forums, you goddamn cancer.

explain.

At least the graphics are pretty good and the gameplay seems fun so far. They already delivered more than what MN9 promised by making the graphics and atmosphere good.

>>>Holla Forums

I'd rather Orson posters than kinofags. You niggers ruin movie discussion.

It really makes you think.

Nigger no, they pulled the exact same 2.5d shit. It may look better than MN9 comparatively, but it's still not what they promised and were paid to do.

What do you mean by this? They said it'd be 2.5D a long time ago. It's not like they promised anything different.h
>please use archive.is/articles/2015-05-11-castlevania-director-iga-announces-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

It looks pretty good so far. It's not going to look like that early concept art because it's not 2D. I don't know what you were expecting.

Seriously though, this game is fucking good. It's like Simon's Quest done correctly.

It's Castlegaynia.

Devs need to stop making 2D mockups for their 3D (modeled) games.

Well it is a concept art after all. Faster and easier to make than modeling a 3d model for the mockup

I understand that, but it just gives people the wrong idea and sets up disappointment.

Just looked this up. I thought this was maybe some old DOS port of Castlevania or something, but I guess this is a brand new game. I really hate the colors in these types of games, but I love and miss Classicvania, so I'll look into it.

I wouldn't say Bloodstained has bad graphics, but they are incredibly bland and uninspired. I hope the whole game isn't "Here's generic ship level, here's generic forest level, here's a generic clock tower level."

Spectral loss?

They are naming it after the ZX Spectrum which is the main system it is being designed on. It is notorious for having a limited color palette and forcing programmers to usually go with some wild rainbow sort of scheme.

specifically, you can have only 2 colors total per one 8x8 square on screen

so not only you have to take care of rendering sprites but also switch palette on each 8x8 square of rendered graphics to match the sprites, that's why everything is blocky and sprites tend to suddenly change colors if they overlap something differently colored

Crowdfunded Metal Gear game when?

Metaloid Spring: Firm' featuring Firm Skink

I don't bloodstained. I played that beta someone leaked here and I just was not impressed at all. Why would anyone pay millions for an aria of sorrow clone?

And I do mean an actual clone, as in they've changed literally nothing or done anything to improve on the formula.

I think you meant Steely Iguana

Don't forget to play the GOAT Castlevania game on the go!

summer leave

Aluminum Amphisbaena

Not when the creator SPECIFICALLY said it'd be 2.5D early on.

Oh god