I miss being a console gamer

I was happy being a console gamer, because that meant I could use Linux for my day-to-day computing needs. And I did for years, using Linux as my desktop, and my 360 for games.

Since the Steam summer sales game along, I have been using Windows. I have too many games. I am tethered to the platform.

I love all these cheap games, but a part of me misses being a console gamer, because using Windows makes me angry.

I miss being a console gamer.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YDoXX
archive.is/P5FYv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then go back to doing it

You could build a secondary Linux-only tower for less than the cost of a PS4. Sheesh

When will this disinfo die?

Good thing you left. Now don't come back

Your dream of open source relevance will never come to pass. You will always be the crazy old man yelling into the wind. Your memes will die.

You are a fucking EMBARRASSMENT. You could have at the very least bought those games off of different services or just pirated them instead of funding this disgrace.

Someone doesn't know about freedom

FOSS autists are some of the most off putting people ever. They are their own worst enemy to their cause.

Did you sell your 360 or something? Go back to it.
Never sell your old consoles if you can get away with it. I can still go back to my N64, Master System or Speccy and since they aren't Internet enabled devices I don't have to worry about botnet.

PC gaming is nice, and there are a lot of games that only really work on PC. Support the ones with Linux versions and hope the others take heed. Either that or learn to program and put that Linux distro to good use. Start with Racket, it's nice and easy and ticks the Holla Forums meme checklist

I never really think of Linux as something for media and entertainment.
I always consider Linux to be for work.

With that said, I only ever really put it on my laptops (linux mint debian is currently what I run there).

Trying to run linux as a mainline OS and even gaming on it is just far too much of a pain of incompatibilities.

Faggots like you are why Linux will never take off. You're all a bunch of elitist cunts and autists that think that everything's got to be 100% perfect or else.
Fucking kill yourself. You're adding nothing to society

Try doing GPU passthrough if you're hardware supports it. It's actually way easier to set up than it looks, especially if you know you're way around linux.
archive.is/YDoXX
archive.is/P5FYv

macbook + ps4 + ps3 masterrace

Then just play console games instead. No ones going to stop you.

My PC is strong enough to run anything I'd throw at it at max settings fine, but I still run Linux as my daily driver. The most shit that I play on it are emulators or indie games like Dustforce or La Mulana.

Most of my gaming I actually do on handhelds - I've got a shitload of games for my Vita, and obviously I can play whatever on 3DS.

I also have a nogaems4 and I use it fairly regularly.

I bet you use systemd and you think you're free.

I have a Thinkpad x220 with Mint XFCE for old games and some indies (E.Y.E., Torchlight, Doom mods and such), a New 3DS with Custom Firmware full of games and emulators, and a PS Vita (Playan Muramasa on it right now)

Not planning to go back to Windows anytime soon, life's comfy as fuck

What hair products can I use to have my hair like that?

Dual boot. Problem solved.

you'd best at least be using XP

Kill yourself

I dual boot. It's a hassle.

dual boot or virtualize with kvm

easy/10

what a waste of dubs
why the fuck does "macbook" auto-capitalize

But systemd IS free software. It's a disgusting, convoluted piece of shit that windowsifies linux, but it is libre.

But yea, most linux users use systemd. Do not underestimate the power of autism though. I'm a linux gamer and I use openrc+sysvinit instead of systemd, plain alsa instead of pulse, sbase instead of gnu coreutils, mksh instead of bash. If I could, I'd rip glibc out of my system and replace it with uclibc, but I know attempting to do that would not end well.

pretty good choice, respectable opinion, alright out of ten

the fuck am i reading

Summerfags

Open source has always relevant for everything but desktop plebs. Hell dedicated servers in vidya have always been overwhelmingly linux-based.

Why not have a Windows partition on a separate machine and pretend that it's the console? Windows PC is a better "console" than consoles even without that little "it's also a real fucking computer" thing. My small laptop and my ARM board "server" do the bulk of my day to day computing while my desktop PC runs Win7 to play gaymes. While my gaming PC running Linux would be preferable, even it that were to happen, I would still prefer to have a separate machine for it because I want to keep my main computing as pure as possible from the botnet.

Running Manjaro, and playing vidya on LInux is much more comfy than you think, even with (((steam))).

Here's my guide for Loonix.

One: Get 2 Screens, 1 good one for games, 1 shitty one from a 2nd hand store

Two: Get 1 Kvm switch, you'll only need the usb connections

Three: Comfy times ensue

That's what I do now. I have a 360 and PS4, and I run Linux on my laptop. I do play some old Windows games (Thief, Deus Ex, Morrowind, etc.) on Linux with WINE.

How many layers of irony are you on right now?

He said that using Windows makes him angry, not that it's wrong. It doesn't need ethical problems to be frustrating.

There's plenty enough games that work in wine for me to play

I don't miss Windows 7 and its shitty NTFS filesystem at all