Helicopter Vidya

Why no recent and good helicopter games anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

baddesthacks.net/?p=2047
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably too expensive to get the rights from the manufacturers now. They've really stepped up on their copyright bullshit, just like the gun manufacturers (which is why MGSV has fake guns).

Just came across Heliborne, looks fun except

Why must life be suffering Holla Forums?

While it's not even close to sim level ARMA 3 has fun helicopters and they aren't full arcade mode if you use the advanced flight model.

ARMA 3 would be a great game if you didn't need a supercomputer to run it.

(checked)

Arma 3 would be a great game if Bohemia could get into optimization.

Seriously nearly all it's problems are due to the fact Arma 3 bottlenecks itself and will not use for example more than 2 threads in a processor.

Multi-threading is the biggest issue, I hope they get it right for ARMA 4 whenever that is.

Am I the only one who played this?

Fuck me user, I still play Urban Strike occasionally On the Megadrive

I played the Strike games on the Genesis in the 90s and revisted them on an emulator a few years ago, is it worth looking into PSX game?

Arma 3 is crazy optimized.

The problem is they still use the same core engine since… OFP.

It's a monstrosity that makes the Bethesda engine look nice.

It's already technosocery level that they somehow managed to have it run on two cores and make something down right gorgeous to look at.

They need to make a new one but since VBS modules (the thing that really makes money for bohemia) all use it they need to keep backward compatibility (because those sold with maintenance contracts), they're kind of stuck.

Not modern, but overlooked.

Is there any vidya that lets me reenact a Pinochet ride?

Take on helicopters from bohemia is nice for some civil heli shit, like cargo delivery or just flying. The flight model is the precursor of the arma 3 updated one.
It had a hind dlc

Also balckshark 1-2 for full immersion

baddesthacks.net/?p=2047

This may be the greatest thing ever.

Not to mention Slav devs.

SimCopter was loads of fun.
I always dragged the water bucket on the ground and blew up cars with it.

Didn't Ace Combat try adding in helicopters?

My fucking nigga. Swiv was one of the first PC games I played.

Still the best.

Terraria has nice apaches

Please, the optimization and running of the game is the least of the problems the game has. The other problem is how they fucked up every fucking sound and sound system in the game, and then have most mods that fix this shit unable to be used on most multiplayer servers.

Nuclear Strike is pretty good, user

The less said about ASSault Horizon, the better.

They are working on VBS blue (or something like that), a planetary engine for their military simulator. It looks like utter shit though, like a decade old technology.

Also this, tracking back sound is a fucking nightmare.

Because the old ones are still great, user.

What said. They're both pretty gud and cheap.

thats pretty gay. whats turning them off of fictional helicopters? worked out for battletanx

I remember playing this game on an unknown console in the back of an RV maybe 15 years ago. Entered this thread hoping it would show up. Now I know what it is, thank you user.

And I know this isn't a helicopter game, but since it is a ground attack aircraft it's probably similar enough. This game was my life back in fourth grade.

Feels old, man.

Wonder what it would play like if they combined Armored Warfare with Heliborne?

DCS has Ka 50 and Mi 8, but some faggots will say it's a sim and not a game

also any anons wanna practice flying the Black Shark?

Why hype yourself for new heli games when you still haven't mastered the classics?

Because helicopters are shit

You forgot the Huey
It aint me

Jungle Strike has one of the most RAD main themes in vidya.

HAMMER

FUCKING

FIGHT

No really, google it.

Ah fuck you asshole. Hammerfight is old as fuck, and is actually spot on with the mechanics.

For instance: if you grab a light sword, you should also grab a very heavy hammer before combinging them. Why? Counter-Fucking Weight. The day you see a long-but-light sword cleave through one of your enemies, you'll know His name is the Lord.

In fact, here is a good vid of Hammerfight.
This is the arena, and the guy playing is already pretty far ahead in the game (the standards and falgs hanging from his ship indicate a very high level)

Only thing he's doing wrong is the weapon: shit's for casuals and bad as fuck.

that actually looks really fucking fun

Hammerfight is the goddamn tits, man. Blunt weapons are my style though. Nothing like smashing enemies through walls with your thunder hammer and reading them their last rites before delivering the Emperor's Justice upon them.

It's dead, Jim.

You remind of that "OH SHIT" moment the gave gave me once:

At that moment… I had to finish this game man. That was just too fucking awesome.

Good lord, someone else played hammerfight?

Yeah, I enjoyed the shit out of that game.