Bungie confirmed Destiny for PStripple and Xbox 360 now in maintenance mode

Bungie confirmed Destiny for PStripple and Xbox 360 now in maintenance mode

Even the live events like Iron Banner and Arms Day are gone. Its now just grinding legendary marks for the same drops until server shut down.

So did that even last 2 years? and with the xbone plummeting this essentially means they are relying exclusively on the PS4 and its not that popular there either.
While the current game is again breaking down to the point pvp is once again loading entire teams dead or invisible/immortal i still cannot stop watching this trainwreck wondering just what they can fuck up next.

How badly does this all end do you think?

Links or gtfo

I just longer how long it takes until the shut down the servers. Because maybe then people will learn games with DRM to them are shit.

Well, at least they realized that they were being held back by appeasing ancient hardware. I wouldn't say it's exactly a financial trainwreck either. If I recall correctly, their last expansion thing sold like fucking crazy. Hell, I even played it and it wasn't actually half bad. Destiny itself might have been a decent console shooter if they didn't fuck the development up so bad.

Why was destiny ever popular?

I'm more interested in the stock. They flooded the market with PS3 copies of the 'legendary' edition which includes dlc codes. If those codes are no longer redeemed that stock is worthless.
Shit the base game on PS4 is already going for £5 in bongland because its completely without value and so common in stores.
I would assume they make the dlc cross buy for a few months to appear to incentive upgrading but really push the addicts to buy more codes in bulk as stores try to get rid of the shelf space taking stock or something.

Lies that make Todd mad jelly.

Destiny is built on a terrible engine to begin with, and having to make the game work on both previous gen and current gen consoles has held it back in a lot of places. They've said that at this point they actually can't add any more content to the game if it has to work on both generations of console. It blows for previous gen people but the game is continuing to get updates on current gen consoles, although those updates have been few and far between starting with the last big expansion. When Rise of Iron comes out in September it will have been an entire year between new raids.

Standard release times for activision really.

I don't even think normalfags care about this train wreck anymore.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

And the battleborn thread is about people that deeply care about that games wellbeing.

Summer sure is here i see.

Lel

Just look at the overwatch cyclical. Its full of normalfags.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

If I felt like contracting cancer, I'd start smoking instead.

quarter billion dollars minimum in advertisement.

Why hasn't it been killed off yet? Not even MOOM or F4 last this long

They spent a ton of money on advertising that made the game look like Halo 5, so most people bought it thinking it was going to be a campaign-focused cinematic experience or some shit.

If you look at the trophies for the game on PS4 you can see that only ~22% of Destiny owners on PS4 ever finished a raid, and only something like 25% of owners got the trophy for having a legendary or exotic equipped in every slot. That means that only a quarter of the people who bought the game went on to do any endgame activities. Between the shitty marketing that misrepresented the game and the fact that the game doesn't explain shit once you finish the terrible story missions, it makes sense that most people thought Destiny was something it's not and dropped it before it gets good. They improved the in-game guidance a bit in the year 2 expansion but by that time it was mostly just existing players that were left.

5% of Destiny owners on PS4 have the trophy for beating the newest raid on hard mode, so that should tell you how many people are still around.

Ive never been in it, but i have seen screen caps. Its pure cancer.

whenever it dips past the 10th or so page there's suddenly at least 2 or 3 overwatch threads that take a few minutes to be pruned. if we got rid of the general then there would be at least a dozen at any given moment.

Its like whack-a-jew

I'll play devil's advocate and say that the raids require you to have at least of sliver of brainpower. Most casuals can't be arsed to put any effort into actually getting decent at the games they play. It doesn't help that the only way to put together raid teams was on some third party website, which is brilliantly retarded on Bungie's fault.

When compared to its peers (aka other console shooters), it's actually not the plague on earth people make it out to be. However compared to most PC shooters of old, it's utter trash.

It's an online, multiplayer game for consoles. Because it is hosted on paid servers in control of the publisher and/or platform holder, they have only incentives to move on from it as quickly as possible on older and/or underperforming consoles.

They have to move you along to the new consumer product. It's not like PC where something can be a cult classic and hang around for years and years.

It was made by Bungie. Unfortunately they brought with them the beloved Bungie "we have 3 months to release and we haven't even decided on a genre yet" planning.

I don't know what the fuck Activision was thinking, they appeared to want to cut the game into dlc but then none of it came out. So anyone dumb enough to buy this has like one tenth of a game.

Marketing, lots of it.

I thought they had budgeted a cool 100 mil for a ten year plan? What the fuck happened?

It's still happening, just on PS4 and Xbone

Wow this game was supposed to be the beginning of a new 10 year franchise like World of Warcraft.

Cost hundreds of millions iirc.

Schadenfreude.

a port to PC will save this game.

People dropped it because there wasnt shit to do.
I got it back when I still played on consoles, I thought it was going to be different. The world is so fucking empty, you can go anywhere you want, but why would you? Theres no reason to, no wandering boss's you would hunt down, or shit to collect. Once in a while there would be some world event for you to tackle with randoms or who you had squad up with but they were limited.
The most interesting thing that happened to me was when I was dicking around by some high level dude while they were farming some cave that spawned hive, that was patched btw. All of a sudden a ton of high level hive dropped out of the sky and started to tear through everyone. No idea what it was about and had not seen it happen since.
It was so hollow.

It's not the brainpower it's teamwork. Sadly more and more people bleeding out of the game making it impossible to complete anything. My fire team was one of the first 10 to finish Crota, but we got bored and broke away. I came back for the new raid and one person played. We tried over and over to find anyone who wasn't shit at team work to play it with but no luck. We ended up 2 manning Crota for old time's sake and calling it quits.

Did you ever do a raid or did you just wander around in patrol? For some reason a lot of people were expecting it to be an open world MMO but I don't think that even the marketing sent that impression.

This hasn't been my experience. If I ever want to do any year 2 content I can make a thread on r/fireteams and get a full team of competent people quickly. I was even able to find five other people to do Vault of Glass a few days ago.

Skywatch, that was were the old loot cave was. There is a random invasion event that occurs there form dark below that is a little beastly. It's also a good location to farm a bunch of dailies. Park yourself on the roof of the entrance to the terrestrial complex and you can knock out all sorts of grinding grinding garbage.

Kill yourself reddit. I am not playing with a god damn 13 year old or some fedora tipping memeshitter.

And we would want that… why?

multiplayer

I just don't understand. I beat the story "missions" if you can even call it that in one afternoon. Since I'm not retarded I didn't buy the game or the DLC, just borrowed it from a friend. There is nothing to do in the game. Multiplayer is fine, I guess, but it's so DLC-ridden you can't fucking care even if you wanted to. Run around on a patrol? Why? It's always the same thing. The gear and guns look fucking amazing, but none of it is useful or entertaining to obtain. The visual flair is incredible (Venus especially), but the maps themselves are abysmal to play. What the fuck were they thinking?

The "game" is always the most recently released expansion. That's where the most active content is and that's how they Jew the casuals out of their money. I played The Taken King and it was fun, though I don't quite understand why people think it was supposed to be an infinite content machine.

No, the problem is that there was no fucking story, the gameplay is a solid shooter but there just isn't any reason for the player to care.