Monster Hunter secrets

I'm 460 hours into this game and I'm still learning new things.
How about having a thread about the things you find useful and that not many people do?

I'll start:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/shadowtrance/Decrypt9#titlekey-options
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Useful for sets that rely a lot on bombs like stilysh bombing so you don't have to worry about running out.

If you see an airship, do a wave emote at it. It will signal you back, and will be the same as taking a psychoserum.

Your profile is much lower on the side swing of the GS, while swinging a large amount of tail swipes will go over your head.

Rajang*
My phone keeps correcting my speech

You can also chain sleep or chain para monkey dick. Chain sleep works really well.

Only secrets I know is that there are little shortcuts at the start of most areas. I feel like most people know about those though

Btw what support palicoes do you guys use?
I go with full healing but I feel like they could help more.

I normally use fighters but seem as unlike in 3u palicoes don't help you carve like the little shaka dudes, how often does a palicoe steal monster parts?

not very often. about 1 extra drop every other hunt

I haven't really found any secrets playing this. That being said, I'm shit at the game, mostly play single player/story mode, and only use IG. So i don't know.

Try hammer

I've tried using CB and DB a couple of times. I can't find any success outside of IG.

I'm legitimately awful at this game.

With a longsword, your vertical slashes have a very high reach and you can usually reach a flying monster's tail. Slash, roll to the side, slash, roll the other side, repeat, and you can quickly lop off tails or ground a flying monster while maintaining your evasive capabilities

Try hammer

Try GS.

Try DB or Swaxe. Please tell me you're at least in G rank. I can't bear the thought of using less than max level glaives.

Not sure if this is the place for it but, whats the best controller config for portable 3rd on xbox controller?

I have not made it to G rank. I put the game down for quite a while, and again, mostly played single player. I started encountering the high-rank monsters though, and that's where the sledding got real rocky.

I forgot to mention for a bow.

I never managed to do the basarios' trick, it just doesn't seem to work.

Don't know if they can be considered "secrets but:

If you want some online goodness, I'd be willing to clown around, get you some hunter ranks an shiiieettt. It'd be a good way to try out some weapons with the breathing room of having an extra person there to help.

>find…. her….

Are you the GL dude I played with?

I doubt it, last time I played with someone from Holla Forums was months ago.

Anyone who wants to gear down and hunt some HR shit get the fuck in here then:

24-1292-6692-0386

Btw I pulled off the basarios trick several times, sometimes on my own
The best way is to have a friend unload a full burst slash of the charge blade straight to its face when it falls

Thank goodness, the online in this game is fucking dead. It doesn't help that you CAN'T EVEN SELECT GOGMAZIOS IN THE LIST.

Is there a dump of all the armors in mh and the way they look?
For science

Watch some tutorials, mate. Some weapons might resonate with you pretty well after you see them explained to you. This is the MH4 CB tutorial.

I was kinda like this with LS, but after a tutorial on CB, I moved over to it. Never looked back… for MH4U at least.

For Generations, LS is better than ever. That Adept style, man. CB got kind of eh, but not too bad. I might keep it around as a secondary weapon while going through the game.

Bow also feels REALLY good with Adept.

I have. My guard point timing is terrible, and I can never seem to square up to the attack.

Also, thanks to Tempest for jumping in.

I told ya: It's not a quest unless I 2-cart first.

I probably wasn't amazing tbh fam. Too used to MHX controls by now. Which is depressing, because online is dead in that game, too.

Monster Hunter is dead.

GPs are mostly an advanced move that you do by accident, and that you pick up while playing. You ain't gonna learn it unless you play some serious long hours with that weapon and learn how to use it effectively against each monster. In fact, all of the weapons you kind of need to practice with. Some weapons are easier to get than others. In the end it'll come down to what you like, though, so if you still don't like CB, then that's fine.

You'll NEVER EVER get Mon Hon Sonnyigger

Nobody will ever get Monster Hunter, instead we'll get watered down trash that comes out on a shitty handheld that has worse specs than a PSP.

If you're on a new 3DS, the nub can be a bit weird at times. Especially when looking up or down. If you get this, pretend it's a trackball and slide your thumb over it. If that's not accurate enough and you're a gunner use the Dpad when aiming.
If you're fighting a Rathian or Rathalos and it keeps fucking off, go to it's nest and wander around with a Wyvern egg in your hands. It'll come for you.
If you're playing MH4U low rank grab everything in the chests. Even if you're not a gunner, grab the ammo. Sell it later for some quick dosh. If you do this a lot you should have a fuckton of paintballs for High Rank.
Speaking of quick dosh, get Might Seeds. You can get them as early as Primal Forest. Multiply them at the Wycoon and sell them for a lot of easy dosh.
Need to slay Konchus? Grab a Switch Axe and use sword mode. It doesn't bounce off them, so you aren't left wide open after every hit.

The IG isn't the only weapon with cool aerial attacks. Dual Blade dash off a ledge and you'll do a massive aerial combo, which you can follow up with a downward swoop. SnS can attack up ledges with an X+A while climbing. Longsword can do part of the spirit combo off a ledge if it's at least white. Charge your hammer and run off a ledge, then let go of R and you'll do a powerful aerial, which you can follow up with a golf swing. Guard Advance off a ledge with the Lance and you keep blocking all the way down. Run and shoot with the Gunlance and you can jump off the ledge and shoot downwards. You can also full burst off a ledge with the Gunlance. Aerial attacks with the bowguns reload them. You can draw straight into sword mode of the Switch Axe and axe mode of the Charge Blade with an R+X+A while in the air. You can activate Demon Mode while moving towards a monster by doing this with the Dual Blades.
Not enough aerial action for you? Roll at a climbable wall and press A and you grab it. You can do this with your weapon drawn as well. In other words you can rebound off a wall and aerial attack the monster easily. If you're a Switch Axe main you'll love this, because of the fuckton of range you can get from it. Get good enough at this and you pretty much have Aerial mode from MHX.

And for a question: How the fuck do I deal with Black Gravios's sweeping blast while HBGing? I don't have enough time to put it away and rolling doesn't let me roll far enough.

Teostra is a dick.

Also

Source?
How about apex rajang?

this motherfucker every god damn time stuns me, then webs, then uses that pincer attack to poison me at 10% health

Host a 140 YKK and watch the lulz, that mini Garuga will give you a hell of a fight if you don't lock it fuck down.

The small size of YKK means everyone is in each others space topped off with that fucking tail attack it's a clusterfuck of tripping, mega potion chugging and getting railed by YKK launched konchus when healing.

I've had double carts from randoms and my self due that flying / charge attack before even getting to the apex Deviljho.

Apex Rajang
Small HP and he's a massive walking weakpoint, not really gonna screw you unless the terrain is sloped like in area 4 of Ancestral Steppe.

A lvl140 Kut ku is a surprise for every hunter.

Healing's always a good fallback. Not very interesting but always pretty useful useful. A full 5 is great.
Defense sucks. They take way too much heat from monsters. Yes, that's their entire purpose, to draw aggro, but even with their defense focus and blocking, they can't take many hits, so you end up with more time going one-on-one against the monster because your cats are always dead.
Offense is good. I guess. They look like they do stuff. Just dress one of your cats up as Dante and let him loose, it's fine.
Stealing is kind of weak. Like says, they steal one extra drop per hunt. Sometimes more, but not often. They also have stealth so they're always around, you could try mixing Steal and Heal together to always have that Health Horn (S).
Bomb cats are fucking insane. They will fuck up everything everywhere forever, especially you. That said, they're the most fun to be around. Be ready to be tossed around and to really cut loose if you've got a sleep weapon or a bunch of traps. And also to go one-on-one often, because your cats just exploded. Allahu ackbar.
Support cats are okay, but if you run a full 5, you sometimes get this awkward situation where your cats lay two shock traps next to each other. It's a waste. But the fact that they bring a trap is awesome. I would have liked to mix Support and Bomb, but not enough slots.
Jump cats are amazing and awful. You can signal them to set up, which is nice, and they become invincible while they're in position to throw you. They're tons of fun if you find joy in wrastlin' monsters to the floor. But sometimes they set up far away from the monster, or the fight naturally pulls you away from that part of the map, so half the time, they're not in position to help you.

I'm having a nice time with 2 heal, 2 supporto so my cat randomly heals me and sometimes places that nice shock Trap
I main paralizing hammer so it's Trap>stun>paralysis and so half of the HP of the boss is done for, plus any horn the thing could have
The fifth companion is a bombardier that is my second palico, he has a helmet with 'small mons first' so he clears out the zone pretty nice when I fight in a crowded place. And even tho he sometimes pisses me off by blowing me away, you're immortal while hit by the bombs so it's w/e and sometimes it even saved my ass.
Not to count bombs actually DO damage on the boss unlike regular cats

PSP is a souped-up PS1, 3DS is a bit souped-down Gamecube

Nice try sonygger

How to use the bow:
And if you want to aim

In other words let your character's positioning define the horizontal axis, don't aim left and right manually. It's faster and you don't have to fiddle with the nub as much.

Don't use them if you Greatsword a lot. I've lost count of the amount of times I'll charge a level 3 for them to blow me up and waste it.
Outside of that they're amazing. I use them when I go gunning.

I actually avoid bombing cats since I usually do Switch Axe, longsword, and charge blade runs. Can't count how many times those bombs knock me off, It also happens when I decide to do dual blade hunts.

also, I can't kill a fucking gore magala without dual blades, I did an expedition run on him with the zinogre charge blade and full zinogre armor and that fucker ran away I felt so defeated even though I actually manges to hunt him with the chainsaw dual blades and wearing the velicoprey armor.

I haven't gone far yet, I'm at the yian garuga urgent but I haven't tried it yet since I left to work to a different state 2 weeks ago and left my 3ds charger there and have yet to go out to buy a new one.

But I know the ass raping I might be heading for, fuck, I hate fighting yian kut ku I can only imagine how this will go.

Gore Magala is really annoying unless you have a fast weapon. It can't reach around it's hind legs, so SnS or DB are perfect. Just get up in it's crotch like a STD with the Frenzy and you're good to go.
As for Yian Garuga it's either the most fun or least fun monster you'll fight. I don't want to spoil it much, but bring a lot of healing items and antidotes.

You don't know mad until you've tried bombing cats while using a charge blade. I can't get a sword mode ultra burst off. But it's plenty of fun regardless.

If you're going to hunt a magala with the CB, you need to be able to combo into transformations, because he will not give you a lot of time. You're not gonna be able to blow your red phial ultra load on him until you get a knockdown, but at least you'll always have the phials to stay in that mode. Stick to the more mobile SnS mode, and if you've got red phials going, feel free to block since you can stand your ground. Stick close, go for the legs or forearms, and try to use the upward shield thrust after a leaping slash. Leaping slash is great for keeping up with the quick little bugger, and that shield thrust is an elemental attack, and I think lightning element is good against Gore. It's also a way to combo into a transformation attack, so if you think the time is right, you can press R to spend a phial and go into axe mode for a quick hit or two, then transform back out to SnS mode. If you have an Impact Phial type, he's not too hard to stun with CB, as long as you don't get greedy and have a bit of experience with the guard points on transformation swings. But don't do it without red phials, you're gonna eat a lot of block stun. He's a pretty fun fight because he invites you to go nuts with the Frenzy virus, but I can understand why hunters with slower weapons feel differently about him.

Bombing cats are looots of fun, but they're detrimental if you're melee. If you're gunner, grab a bomber and go to town.

Charge blade is pretty great too but I only have Portable 3rd and my friend owns 4U so gotta work with something similar outside of mounting monsters

I have never tried gunner in this game, I love their armor but I always though that the 3ds controls might be a bit to much to shoot with. I always wanted to go heavy bowgun because the guns look cool as fuck/

I can kill him with the chargeblade and what not with some patience if I did the normal missions but this but expeditions is where it really counts and I just couldn't do it, I was aggressive most of the time while he was not in rage mode but still it wasn't enough, I could connect enough, he was just too fast, dual blades will be my choice of weapon if I go at him again.

Gog is in the list. I've done it online tons of times.

I always run a quick-sheathe set with my HBG.

Bow, my friend. Bow is the best ranged weapon to get into if you want to start, and most of the time you don't actually need to aim, just face the monster. You can aim with bow the easiest too.

Bow in MHgen is fantastic too with the adept style

I meant when you're searching for a room, you goose.

For the record, anything bird-like in 4U is a fucking cunting piece of shit.

YKK, Garuga, Gypceros

All of em can fuck themselves. Chicken cull when?

I've heard that MHO gave Kut-Ku new animations. No idea if they're different attacks, but at least it isn't so predictable.
I'd like Capcom to go over all the old monsters and update their moveset, so that half the cast doesn't just shuffle in your direction and go for the exact same 2x180 tail sweep, or sideways bite. Then again MH is more of a budget franchise, so that'll never happen.
As long as Cephadrome exists the Kut-crew are far from the worst monsters in the game

Cephadrome is fucking retarded, but at least it looks like it's trying to kill you. The fucking chickens just seem to fucked waddle around and bump into you 9/10. Then the tail sweep happens and then its all "fuck you"

fucking hate those shits.

I hated that one monster that swam in the water all the fucking time. This was on mhfu years ago, i cant remember the name of it. Seriously fuck that one.

BEST WEAPON

CHARGE BLADES NEED NOT APPLY

Longsword
Bow
Charge Blade

I should really make an earnest attempt to try Swaxe though.

This and this: . The Raths are the fucking worst monsters in any MH game. Most of their attacks are just them walking across the room, which send you flying and do shitloads of damage for no reason. To put that into perspective, Gogmazios is the size of a small building and his animations don't knock you around at all. Also, their attacks are fast and will almost always stun you. Go ahead and combine that with the homing attack from way, way up in the sky which is really just a check to see if you can do the Superman dive correctly. The only other boss that has an attack like that is Dalamadur, and he's a novelty gimmick boss, also the size of a building, and not a staple of the series. Oh, and their hovering animation will slide along with you if you move so their next attack will hit you. They don't fly near you or glide near you, they lock into a position near you and won't move until they attack. This isn't a case of git gud, they're not hard, just cheap gay bullshit that isn't fun to fight.

I respectfully disagree.

That's Plesioth. I ended up making a ranged weapon just because I was tired of trying to get him out of the water.

It seems ridiculous that you can just haul one out of the water on Sunsnug Isle in 4U.

Is this playable on emulators?

MH Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd are on PSP, and apparently PPSSPP is really good. MH Tri is on the Wii, but I have no idea how it emulates.
MH3U and MH4U, and eventually MHGen, are on 3DS. You'll have to wait for Citra.

There's also MH Online, and MH Frontier, which are F2P PC games. MHO is in the Cryengine, and looks nice. MHF is crazy, it's got tonfas and embed related skip to 1:40. Both are Chinese/Japanese only, but there's bound to be a way to get in.

Charge Blade's fantastic but I'm taking a shine to Sword & Shield and Dual Blades. Still don't want to go anywhere near ranged weapons with a ten foot pole though and I love Hunting Horn's buffs but the weapon itself is shit.

you're shit

you take that back. That shit is a musical hammer

Was there ever an updated version of this?

Ranged weapons are fine. Just don't get hit.

Shit chart

I don't like hammer which is probably why I don't like hunting horn either famalam

I just loathe ranged weapons in general, usually if melee's an option I'll take it.

needs a Generations version

So whats the best solo weapon?

GS goes in all fields

They're all viable, even the bowguns. Depends on how you like playing the game.

If you want high damage go HBG or Greatsword, but you'll be fine with the others.

Any one that you're comfortable with.

I think ill go with the HBG, i tried playing with the bow for about 20 or so hours, but it just took forever to kill anything. Im really liking the gunner class in mh though.

Bow is pretty great if you are abusing the monsters elemental weakness and the coatings.
Each shot fires multiple arrows which does the damage stat the bow has.

Come on, now.

HBG is super strong with critical distance + shot types.

Bow's power mostly comes from using critical distance and comboing charged/power shots with status/elemental stuff.

Different types of bows too. Like pierce bows for big monsters/far range, and spread bows for big monsters/short range, and multishot bows for any monster/mid range.

You wanna know something. I want to punch one of these mother fucking monsters in their god damn smug anime girl faces. And that got me thinking, where are the fist weapons? Monster Hunter is already great, but being able to punch a hole through a Magala or a Stelas Queen would put the whole series into the end zone for me.

Fist weapons are long overdue.

I also think they could take the tonfa weapons from Frontier and tone them down a lot. And have powered up attacks that do something like this, with pistons

While there aren't a weapon class dedicated to punching things, there are a few of Dual Blades that are modeled after fist weapons, pics related being the two that first came to mind.

What about GUNFISTS?

Didn't they have that in fallout new vegas?

Yeah. The ballistic fist. But of course, like anything in new vegas, it was rushed and didnt have the ammo reqirement to use it. The ballistic fist was in fo2 though.

lvl140 frenzy brach
lvl140 frenzy brach

The monster hunter generations demo should be out today on eshop.

Are ranged weapons any good? Seems like it would take forever to kill something.

Ranged weapons have a mechanic called Critical Distance. It's the optimal distance away from a monster where each of your shots do over 100% damage.

Couple that with the ability to equip different types of ammo (coatings in the case of bows), that do more damage, or lower your critical distance range, or give status effects such as sleep, poison or paralysis and you have a versatile, powerful weapon that can keep up with most melee weapons.

Ranged weapons are great as long as you use the right ammo, aim at the proper hitzones, and know critical distance. Don't be like baguettes online using the HBG and firing at the edge of the map doing jack shit.

How do you know what the critical distance is?

You get a brighter flash when the attack lands and the screen shakes a little.

What about with bow?

It's the same. Though range varies depending on the bow type.

So why do you think gunlance is so little used?
I can cut pretty much any tail with it, even Yan Garuga's and I don't even need to ground the boss to do it.
And with the bullets I can easily break any sturdy monster part that would otherwise bounce off my sharpness.

Same thing. There are different types of bows with different ranges.

Pierce has the longest range, which fires single arrows that go through enemies bodies, hitting multiple times. So it's really only good for big enemies.

Spread has a really short range, but fires multiple arrows at once in a fan shape, so it's only good for bigger monsters at short range.

And then Rapid, which is multiple arrows in a straight line. Medium range and good for pretty much any monster.

For all ranged weapons, the screen shakes and you get a bright flash where the projectiles hit. That's how you know you're at critical distance.

Is this in mhp3rd or is it a newer mechanic?

I do believe Critical Distance was in P3rd

I don't know friend, I've recently adopted it myself (Only 50 hunts so far), and I'm finding it very fun. Spent some time and got the S.Rath, Kush, and S.Zinogre ones so I can sample each and found myself finding a new favorite weapon along the way. Displaces SnS in my trifecta, under Hammer and SA.

I think people avoid it since it seems pretty shitty and it's hard to gauge the damage you do with the shells, not to mention your combos feel really weaksauce in comparison to normal lance, let alone any other types of weaponry, it is admittedly very niche like the Hunting Horn, but that's just fine by me, though I make no claims to skill in that either.

Gunlance is crazy fun. I usually get to G rank and forge/upgrade a good one just to dick around with it, but I can't seem to bring myself to focus on it. I just click more with other weapons.

Gathering Hall ID
69-3080-2808-5603
Passcode

Is it worth it to use nargacua weapons if you have critical god? Specifically for a long sword.

Wasn't Kelbi Bow also stupidly good way way past its "tier" in 3U once it you had Awaken(which gave it Slime)? Since many hits = hitting EXPLOSION status faster.

no kelbi was legitimately busted

Slime in general was ridiculous when they first introduced it. I'm surprised I didn't run into many play with a kelbi bow or grongigas back in 3U.

Grongigas just had one of the highest attack powers, you didn't get much slime unless you really went for it.

But yeah slime was stupidly overpowered in general.
4x kelbi bow could perma-stagger almost anything because of slimesplosions

I might, I'm using the rare 6 Seregios hammer but the narga hammer looks a little better because it has way more affinity. The downside to it though is that it has less white sharpness and doesn't have that sharpen evade quirk. Make sure to have Super Crit to make the most of it.

Now fight Narga using Bushido.

Shit feels really good especially with weapons that Bushido works well with (like Longsword and Bow).

I remember as a beginner in Freedom Unite I used the longsword a lot, but when i got to high rank I ended up loving the greatsword so much more since by then I could predict where a monster would move and was awesome with it.

I'd recommend picking up something easier to learn like the longsword or greatsword, instead of CB or DB which can be tricky to learn.

Hammer is pretty easy to learn as well - use the lvl1 charge to close the distance and just keep triple pounding everything until it dies.

SA axe form D in utility.
Sword form C in utility.
If a switch axe user has not cut the tail off a monster within 5 minutes he's a shit.
Phials for every occasion.
Again. Does your team need damage?
Para?
Sleep?
Exhaust?
SA has all of those, whilst avoiding tripping teammates if you're not a tard flailing around spamming A
Are you serious nigger? Put evade extender on and you're dancing around that fucking monster without ever having to put your weapon away.
Not to mention sword form has natural minds eye so you're never stuck in the bouncing attack animation and can evade out of pretty much every attack.
Shit chart tbh.

Who ever made this chart is a fucking moron.

>Tiding myself over with MH4U until MHGen comes out I don't have internet at home and my data is capped on my phone, shut the fuck up about hacking it I know it's long overdue
I put off playing with them for so long because I'm a big dick weapon sucker, but holy fuck 10/10 can't wait to Aerial DB

Fixed a bit, gave 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation ratings.

I've used bows since Freedom Unite, and bushido has to be the best thing to happen to this game.

For bows I agree. I didn't really like it with any of the melee weapons unless I was fighting narga. I like striker or guild on most melee weapons.

The chart is based on its natural mobility. Not what you get from a skill. And IIRC power is the only worthwhile phial for the SA, but that chart is based on tri/3u so it was probably different then.

I see some of the other weapons make exceptions for skills.
The only reason I really made a fuss.

Let's hunt stuff
16-2050-5256-4894

Well I guess we can't all be french, but shit son.

Ariel is probably the most consistently shit style. It's good on 2 weapons, 3 if you build a frankenset with GS

Not directly Monster Hunter, but when does Toukiden end?

Are all hunting games so relentlessly long?

Forgot to say it's for MH4U

The problem with slime in 4u wasn't even that slime was necessarily busted, it's that the developers tried to pretend slime wasn't a status effect.

If the kelbi bow had sleep or paralysis as native, non-coating elements instead it would have been just as busted. And other slime weapons had the same/higher raw than other weapons and also had slime, unlike sleep and paralysis weapons which are always behind the curve in attack/sharpness.

and obviously by 4u I mean 3u

You're a big guy.

And yet, I'm still 2/3rds of the way to French with it.

Gaijinhunter's a faggot, but his video tutorials are pretty good. I remember when he admitted that he couldn't fight rajang solo and bitched when people found a way to get the jap dlc.

Seriously? Well, the localization team might make shitty half assed names, but at least they'll never be Treehouse.

That's a bug, not a secret.

You can roast steaks on the edge of a cliff, and if you do that, your bbq spit will actually stand on metal girders instead of floating in the air.

Too bad, I never knew that. He makes good tutorials, though.

Yeah they can get pretty long. Especially those that try to focus on story or you having to grind for something to not time out in a mission. I ended up just rushing through the last quarter of Toukiden Kiwami just to see the credits roll because I was tired of it. Good music though.

Just like the other big monster fights, it was cool for like 10 minutes. After that it was incredibly boring and a pain to get through any other time. Especially for Gog, because people have a habit of dying in the most ridiculous ways to him for some reason.

Wait, what would they even censor? The female armour? It's not that bad.

He's saying the female armor is not that bad.

I really wish they'd just remove the supergiant monsters, there's not a single on that's actually fun

Toukiden is the most casual mh clone ever made in humanity's existence. It never gets harder.

I mean the girl armour. It doesn't really show much, and the ones that DO show more tend to have a near-identical male counterpart, IE. Kirin.

Ceadeus was the only "good" one, and even that was ruined by the stupid-ass pre-fight section where it ignores you on it's way to the actual arena. I legitimately enjoyed the Jhen Mohran hunt too, but it's stupidly rigid and linear and has zero re-playability.

GOAT theme though, holy shit. The soundtrack in Tri/3G hasn't been matched. 4th gen's music has been really disappointing for me again and again. There are a few mediocre tunes in MHX, but nothing is really great.

Dalamadur, Jhen/Dah'ren Mohran and the Ceadus would like a word. Ceadus is only fun in the final section, but Goldbeard skips right to it anyway.

I just like something that FEELS like an ancient beat. One of my favourite memories in 4U will be the look on my friend's faces when they first saw how big the Dalamadur actually was.

No it's not about pure sexualization. Gaijinhunter is an SJW. It's about "dimorphism", which is just one more form of pig white cis male misogyny. Any differences between the male and female of any kind are fuel for them to virtue signal.

Anyways the point is these people will never ever not ever in a million years be satisfied by anything, and nobody should ever listen to them or try to satisfy them because it's a fruitless folly.

Oh, he's one of THOSE people. Nothing will really make him happy then. Guess women being just as strong as men in these games wasn't enough.

I played all the multiplayer of mh4u with a friend and he noticed I was female only when we did no-armor quests

Dalamadur was a mistake.

They are piss easy and the only thing making them hard is when they do retarded damage to you and the ship.

Bosses with huge HP were never the point of the game, and that's why they are never good.

Yup. It's shit.

AND ONE MORE THING

user, you know that 8-4 translates the monster hunter games, right?

They're easy as piss and drag on for far too long without being fun?
Yes they are Ceadeus had a decent theme though, that was about it.

Yeah, guess I should've said that Monster Hunter is lucky to only get a shitty translation rather than being botched like their other localizations.

That's actually a plus so I don't have to fight that bullshit ever again if not for the sake of completion

Man… just give it up and get a 3ds. I was like you once, bitter that I could get no console monhun or one for vita. Got the new 3ds when mh4u came out. Not a single fucking regret and its the only thing I've played on my 3ds. Monster actually works really well on it and I couldn't have asked for a better game.

When the fuck are they going to stop jerking off the handheld market and go back to consoles? Or at least the PC? Are they ignoring the fact the console games sold extremely well? Playing this series on handheld is a massive chore.

I understand the handheld playerbase is huge, but holy shit.

Never ever not ever.

I'm behind two fucking Monster Hunter games because I can't handle playing on handheld

this fucking sucks

not like i had anyone that i know to play with anyway

Blame Sony for pissing off Capcom somehow. Closest thing to console MonHun is MH3U on the Wii U unless you want to play the original Monster Hunter on the PS2.

I remember Freedom Unite working pretty well on PSP, I never got the bitching about it being on a Nintendo console given how similar the overall layout of the 3DS is to the PSP.

I don't know why, I just had fun leading a squad of fresh hunters through their first few Dalas. Wish the gear was better, but you could trade it for some nifty stuff, so it's all good.

If I have Blunt Benefit will my weapon not lose raw damage as it decreases in sharpness? I'm not sure if it is negated by the increasing attack power due to the skill or my weapon won't lose raw in general.

Which Monster Hunter game is worth getting out of the 3DS/Wii U games if I've never played before?
I was considering getting a 3ds with the newest game, since I imagine the Wii U game is dead.

The easiest one I ever played was Tri.

But I'd say the best monster hunter games are either MHFU and MH4U. So in this case, 4U is probably your boy.

Outside of Tri, they are all pretty much the same in difficulty. So I wouldn't be worried about that.

Generations comes out on the 15th so I'd go for that one.

If they reworking it for console they with either have to re write the game how it plays and is if they want open world or keep it on hand handhelds and keep it where you go to area by area.

Gen is about 3rd levels of piss easy.
And 3rd is easier than tri

You can even roll through his breath attack and all his moves (watch the legs on the brutal hipcheck).
Don't try this with apex unless you are right next to his mouth.

Another day, another MH4u room:
03-5048-3438-2516

90% of every random squad goes for the damn tail, it's a fucking party back there and im dropping a phial burst to clear it the fuck out.

STAY AWAY FROM MY TAIL.
That goes double for you IG scrubs who fuck my dash juice infinite combo prancing around twirling that sharp stick.

The Wii U game isn't totally dead, I play online every other day and there's always ~400 online at most on weekends and ~200 on weekdays. Lots of "German only" or "French only" rooms, though and an influx of hackers.

to add to my previous post if you decide to get MH3U it's offline only on the 3DS and I imagine the online services for the Wii U version are going to be cancelled soon, no official word from Capcom about it yet, but it's been a long ride and the rather low player count leads me to believe so.

Get MH4U or Generations.

fuuuuuuuuuck wading through THAT bullshit

LEAK IT!
LEAK IT!
LEAK IT!

Learn how damage calculation works. Obtuse blade does nothing to sharpness damage modifiers. Green is still 1.05x damage, yellow is still 1.00x damage, orange is still 0.75x damage.

The only thing Obtuse Blade does is add a flat +15, +25, and +30 damage after the modifier calculation. You have to do the calculations yourself if you want to see whether or not the weapon you chose actually benefits from it or not.

No, I must contain this filth.

Don't forget that MH3U on the WiiU still ran fucking worse than the 3DS version. I love Monster Hunter, but Capcom can't code for shit and they're Bethesda tier when it comes to re-using engines and assets. The game rides solely on years of polish and a knockout homerun formula that they nailed in 2nd gen and thankfully haven't had the hubris and arrogance to alter.

Would be lovely on the Vita though. Maybe if someone at Sony commits seppuku they'll let Vita have a 6 year old port of Portable 3rd.

Leak it anyways you coward.

just get a 2ds for 60 sheckels and CFW it.

I always knew Bherna gal is the worst gal.
Leak it anyways faggot

I did some research and it seems that green is the best sharpness for the skill because yellow and below does some sort of additional modifier the decreases damage. Without the Sharpness + skill the Iron weapons seem good for the skill.

Pleb, please. I bet you can't even read Japanese.

Just play the Japanese version you faggots.

I do play the Japanese version you faggot.

Then why the fuck do you want me to leak it?

Because why the fuck not?

I have the Japanese version you faggot, I want you to leak it because it's a video game.

Alright, do I just need the title key or an actual CIA?

Title Key and unecrypted key, I think.

Alright, how would I go about getting those? I've only ever made CIAs.

Just make a CIA, I couldn't find any information about it.

I knew the localisation would be retarded

Making a CIA of a download takes way too fucking long. Fuck that.

Okay.

Well good news. I (think) I found out how to get decrypted keys and shit.
github.com/shadowtrance/Decrypt9#titlekey-options
It looks like you just run Decrypt9 and tell it go at either your sysnand/emunand/whatevera9lh uses and then it generates it.

Oh, and it's the encrypted key we use, not the decrypted key.

If you still care, here's how you do the titlekey thing.
1: Download and Run decrypt9 (I use decrypt9UI because it looks nicer)
2: Go to the titlekey section
3: Run titlekey decrypt (emunand unless you use a9lh then you'd use sysnand)
4: After it's done, run Titlekey Encrypt (File), and have it do it's thing.
After that, upload it and everyone else can download it through CDN-FX far away from you.

RIP leakanon
gave up too quickly

You need to restart as a female and keep a hawkeye on armors to see if they censored anything.

I desire anger.

fucking 8-4

BUMP SO LEAKANON CAN SEE THIS IF HE DIDN'T

Teasing innocent anons should be a crime.

Did they censor any of the armors? Do you think this is supposed to be just a cringe worthy meme or are the translators that asshurt about that time everyone shat on polygon.

I didn't make the thread for this.
Considering modding will only be possible with homebrew I'll never gonna buy the game. Was MHX English patched?

only partially. Most weapons, all dialog and quest flavortext is untranslated, everything else I think is. Quest descriptions are translated, so you're good.

Are items translated?
It would be terrible having to carry both potions and mega potions if everything is Jap…

All items are translated.
Some loot isn't, but that might just be DLC.
As I said, everything but the stuff I mentioned is translated.

You sold it to me.
Have this picture in return as I politely sage.

This faggot can't be gone forever r-right?
He can't abandon us after I learned how to do something for him, right?

Watching someone stream the English version and it looks like the item name Killer Beetle has been changed to Shiny Beetle.

well that's fucking retarded.

that's… a really needless choice.
Got to milk that transl.. I mean localization money somehow.
"We had to change 2000 item names! Give us all the money please"

So I read that felynes can use multiple items and abilities to buff themself and the party in MH generations.

Do you think it'd be possible to stack 4 damage boosting buffs from each item/skill?

Food, Felyne, Might Pill, Demondrug.
Yes.

you can't use items as a felyne. You get infinite Gathering items and infinite stamina.
You get skills which you have set amount of slots for which range from "demon horn" to the 3 actually useful skills.

You can't might pill as a felyne.

Sweet, guess I am going for a damage boosting felyne build.

You can't demondrug either, i'm talking about if one of your friends is playing felyne or the AI decides to use it.

Don't do that, you don't have enough forte meter.
There's only 1 actually good felyne build unfortunately.

There's a few decent fuck around builds, but only one actually viable one.

Demondrug I just assumed you were talking about the passives.

3 damage boosting and a healing skill?

If damage boosting is kinda terrible with felynes, whats the actual good build and why?

Yeah, no demondrug or might pills as a Felyne, because they can't use item.s

They can use demon horns though, can't they? I'm sure they have plenty of attack buffing options and abilities to use.

I read the skills they can use is Demon horn, rage, Weapon boost and I think a dance to boost damage.

There's also food buffs.
Never forget food buffs

Nope demon horns are a skill, they can use them for forte meter. but it's so much better spent elsewhere.

Problem is all of those consume meter.
Best and only build for felynes is Damage Boomerang.
You get Piercing boomerang, huge boomerang, Rage, and then stack EVERY DAMAGE PASSIVE. and aim for headshots.
Even then the monsters need to behave super nicely

Well I guess I could always stack defense and just taunt monsters and just throw out bombs for damage or something.

Nope. Bombs do way less than they need to, also you're screwing your melee over like that.

There's one build that sort of works that's bomb boost wrath of meow. But the problem there is it costs 4 forte meter and you can't keep it up for it to work out.

I don't know anything about forte meter.
So I just get a boomerang, buff with skills and with food?

Forte meter is how you use basically anything that's not a basic attack.
You build it by hitting things, mining, getting hit. 4 is the most expensive skill IIRC, it may be 5 though I honestly forget.

But yeah,you buff with piercing boomerang (costs 1) and Huge boomerang (costs 1) and then just hit him in the noggin with boomerangs.
The problem is without piercing you build meter super slow and you build it just fast enough to not have much to spare

is the world really this small or can i unlock different areas? This isn't much like hunting tbh

So the idea is to spam the shit out of boomerangs with boosts, then melee em when you run out of meter?

Sounds fun

Boomerang is a basic attack, piercing and huge are just buffs to the boomerangs

What game are we talking about?

So is felyne viable for multi?
My gf is kinda bad when it comes to putting efforts into games and would rather just chill.
I've heard the cats are pretty much immortal if you're not a complete retard, so do you guys think it could work out?

I think felynes seem to shine best in multi.
Soloing how ever I would say they'd struggle in combat.

Not really, they really lack damage unless they get only headshots.
The near immortal thing is weird, they have 3 free carts that get refilled if they rest I.E to cart once as a felyn you have to die 4 times. The problem is they have much less defense and a worse roll so they have a higher potential to get combo'd to death.

Buff/Healslut who tries to keep small niggas off you is viable. Cats cannot take potions, but they do have 2 extra lives before carting, and you can restore these by sleeping in the camp.
So yes, it is kind of viable multiplayer.

my bad 2 free carts not 3, I had to check after not playing for a month.
The game really suffers from a lack of shit to do

I really wanted to be the cat myself because okami dlc but I don't trust her to do the work of more than a hunter.
This said it could def be fun and it would force her to git gud.
I'm still conflicted if I should buy the game or not given I already own MH4U.

CFW is free goyim.

hunting monster

I like supporting companies I like, and buying close to d1 is one of the best ways to do so.
I don't approve of Nintendo ways of no-sales & overpriced-games, but if I don't like a game enough to buy it I probably won't play it anyway.
Your time is precious when you become an adult, and being able to afford games doesn't mean you can play all of them.

What are your reasons to pirate, guys?

I buy japanese copies of video games because that actually supports the developer, not the translators.
I pirate because I don't understand the language enough to know if I'll like games before I buy them, and you can't resell japanese copies easily.
I have a legitimate Japanese copy of the game, but I still use the pirated one because it's easier for me.
But yes goy, I'm just a child who pirates because I have no sheckels.

Honestly if you own 4U there's nothing in this game to make you consider buying it.
Basically everything that's new in this game feels really half done.

What if I bought it because I really like monhun and generations is the last 3ds game I play on buying/playing?

Sad.
And they didn't even bring my bro back

CFW doesn't block you from buying the game legit.

They would probably have to bring back the Sandy Plains if Barroth was back because it has the mud he needed to use. Alongside the Sandy Plains I really wished that they brought back the Flooded Forest because it had a very nice atmosphere with sky and flora, it felt more like a jungle then the Primal Forest. However it could be weird without the water.

Also I wished Gobul came back too. It was a very interesting monster and we need more fish. Not sure how it can be adapted for land though.

They could use the Jade one for the snow areas.

I really hate how >water combat became a meme, I really liked it.

Do you think the 3ds cartridge is limiting their choices of monsters/maps to implement?

No. A 3ds cart can hold 4 GB (MGS3D), Monster Hunter Gen is using less than 2GB.

user with the review copy here…

kek

What's wrong with that?

leak when user?

What does a Khezu look like, user?

A gigginox?

Whenever someone else gets off their asses and does it. I already told you guys I wouldn't.

I just used the keygen thing to make a key for my nip 3DS.

I posted how to do the easier titlekey method user, you don't have to waste too much time.

looks like a gigantic, floppy lamprey

Reading comprehension, do you have it?

I did it, but I used it for my nip 3DS since I prefer the ergonomics there. I'm not sharing it.

A tenga?
To me it just looks like a raw chicken that's trying to kill you and the fact it's weak to fire doesn't help

why the fuck not? You scared of being found out?

Because I don't want to be a dick?

This is the kind of shit that makes me immediately lose any and all faith in the veracity of the rest of the translation. Here you have an English word in a Japanese game. It's literally キラビートル, KIRA BETARU. KILLER BEETLE.

Now you're not even translating. You're just fucking changing shit for the sake of changing it.

On the whole I think the 4th gen has really underwhelming music. Tri/3G really blew it out of the water kek. Something is very wrong with the entire soundstage in the 4th gen games. Whatever system they used to record the music is so bass anemic. None of the tracks have any floor to them, no powerful tribal savage rhythms getting your blood flowing. A few of MHX's new tracks are better, but even when they use interesting rhythm sections and strange instruments you can only really hear it if you stop and try to focus on it. That's not music to hunt to.

user you're an idiot.

キラ is an onomatopoeia for something shining or glittering.

user pls now's not the time to think twice about it

Give me an example of 3rd gen music

The thing is that anybody else that would leak it doesn't have the game and anyone else that does have it won't do it "out of respect for Capcom".

Oh so you're really a faggot? Do you actually care about the profit gained from the English version?

キラー is murderer you idiot.

Fuck, I didn't even think of that and it should have been obvious. Scratching that off the list then.

I'm still not amused with perpetuating animosity toward the people who tell you to play the game better though.

Good thing it's キラ in the Japanese version then!

Anything from Gen 2 or behind was very rigidly translated. They probably originally thought it was "Killer" at first, but then when they went back to retranslated stuff they asked the original devs and they explained that it was supposed to be "Shiny".

And here's my personal favorite area theme. That fucking percussion section just drives you forward. Plus 3rd gen gave us pure gems like Brachydios' theme.

to retranslate*

That would take too much effort for American localizers.

The killer beetle has an ingame description doesn't it? Why not look at that for context? What is it in the japanese release anyways?

Confirmed for having NEVER read their Translation Blogs. They had a bunch of them before MH4U's release and they've done a few for Generations.

The original devs work VERY closely with the translators.

キラビートル。

It's a little hard to read the description; my moonrunes aren't perfect as it is, but honestly the text for MHX is fucking checkerboards at its resolution.

"Killer Beetle" would be written キラービートル.

Exactly.

So, yes, it's a change - but it's correcting a mistranslation that's been around a while, not just changing something for the sake of changing it.

Yeah, looking at the fan translated description it sounds like sparkling beetle would make sense.
"An insect with dazzling wings. It's hard shell is often used as an abrasive."

RIP, decoration list. Anyways I just checked it out.

Beetle with a heard shell and sparkling beauty. Can be used to polish somethingsomething.

I still don't fucking trust those fuckers.

anyways leak when?

Whenever someone else does it. You guys already have MHX so why is it such a priority I leak this?

I want to play with you user…

True, though I never bothered with setting up CFW since most of the 3ds' library didn't interest me and going through the trouble seemed like wasted effort at the time.

Then make an MHX room.

It's literally just bb3693. Nobody else wants it.

tell that to the 4 other faggots that wanted it

Fuck off, I want it too. I don't want goddamn moon runes anymore

Just give up the damn title key you jew.

I doubt that anyone will deliver a file until the game drops next week.
That said; is it possible to drop the .3ds file (when it's uploaded) and put it on a sky3ds+? I got one as a gift from a friend and have been using it to play all my 3DS games but I haven't yet tried a game with online functionality to see if it works. I'd rather not go through the hassle of installing CFW if I don't have to.

.3ds files have headers and shit.
Install CFW because online is a chore on .3ds files.

Just why not leak it? You have the opportunity to do it 8 days early so just why not do it now? You can share it here and if you want bring it over somewhere like Nintendo 3DISO.

Actually I have a serious question for you. If you do leak the game can we make lobbys and shit online or is it unlocked until launch day? We can have an early "release" party together if that's possible.

I played online with some Capcom dudes earlier, servers are up (except DLC server).

I actually had a little issue where I forgot to update my Luma on the system I had the review code on, so I had to update it really fast before I could play. That was pretty damn close to them finding out I use CFW on my systems.

So I'm guessing we'll be fucked if we make lobbys?

I'm fine playing with other reviewers, but I'm not taking any chances with you fuckers.

I doubt they'll know it's you if we make some lobbys. Can they track you?

Let's see…

They know where I live.
They know my name.
They know who I write for.
They know I'm at least familiar with CFW since while we were playing one of the guys said it was kinda lonely with only so many people online, and I quipped that it would be worse if there was a ton right now since that would mean the game had leaked online for pirates. (We talked about what happened with 7th Dragon: Code VFD here)
Yuri (community manager) personally knows my face, and has met me IRL.

…and then they know my IP, and my hunter for MHG.

I'd say, even with the fact that Holla Forums doesn't share IPs, I wouldn't want to risk it.

literally retarded.

Alright I understand the trust now. But why do you change your mind when you almost attempted making a CIA and leaking it and you said you wouldn't do it because "it takes too long" instead of talking about the trust?

See

I should mention they also have my phone number too.

That doesn't explain why you pussied out user

I didn't pussy out. I was lying.

Why would you tease innocent anons

Why did you lie then? Are you lying again? Will we know the true answer?

Because I don't know.

But leaking is what the cool kids do user! Not sure if IPs are shared here but if not then you could be safe or you can maybe do it in a remote location? It might be possible. I bet the guy who leaked the English translation of Kirby Planet Robobot months early had close relations to HAL.

The English translation was just already in the Kirby game.

Nintendo has been doing that for a while now.

So can 8-4 leave yet

let me guess, you're not going to leak either?

Really? When I saw other people play the game they had the Jap language.

Also this is another reason I want it leaked, to see how much shit they changed. I wonder if they removed that weebshit ending video.

My friend browses cuckchan and he sent me that. If I had it I would've leaked it

At least that can make sense without someone understanding the meme.

you needed to play the JPN game on an english console in order for it to be english, so it's something literally only for the pirates.

Bump

kek

Fuck this shit. I'm glad I got cfw when I had the chance

Fucking Gaijinhunter who lives in Japan and started a family there is one of those faggots?

Where's your proof? Is there any comfy anti-Socjus MH Youtuber?

By the way, don't trust this faggot you retarded fucks, these pics are stolen from /mhg/ from cuckchan.

Now that i think about it, can we get a timestamp next to your 3DS with the review copy?

Proper SnS combos give the player some of the best trip immunity in the game.

Improper SnS combos won't protect the player from shit and will send his teammates flying.

I will never get over the bullshit that is not adding Tigrex, Akantor, and Ukanlos to 3U. I bet it's a tactic to keep you buying the games since there isn't a "perfect" Monster Hunter game.