Halo Custom Edition Thread

What was the best map, and why was it pic related?

I just want a Halo engine that can be modded as easily as CE that isn't over a decade old with potato graphics

Gamenights with Holla Forums were fun, shame no one wants to play anymore

when did it all go so wrong for gearbox.

I've never actually played that.
I remmber when I used to play it, I played a nutty racing map a lot

When they decided to make their own games

It's a shitty RP map, it came out in the tail end of Custom Edition's lifespan

halo online/ eldewrito

Supertoy Gulch. Shit was insane.

Don't forgot that once upon a time they were the Opposing Force developers, either.

Oh well, multiplayer's nothing but Brazilians shouting JEJEJEJEJEJE anyways

I think you mean HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Can't you DL shit from your phone user?

could download SPv3

Where is JoJo, I want another server

And Blue Shift and Decay. Their 007 Nightfire port wasn't so bad either, and actually ran on the Half-Life 1 engine.

I loved that map. I use to host a server on it for several months. It's a shame no one fools around on it anymore.

Some of the best times I had were playing zombies on CMT_Snow_Grove. But no one does that anymore because SAPP can't disable the battle rifle's noob tube for humans. Unlike IG_Brainz which could, but no one uses it anymore.

yoyo_v2 was pretty cool but no one played that either. I still play every now and then with a couple people on Discord but it's all hispanics for the most part playing. Glory days of 2010 are gone

I looked at the current servers, they're all normal maps and extinction

Change your server filters. These maps are running 24/7. Well at least bigass, immure, cmt_snow_grove, and [h2]_ascension are

that's not hugeass

It's like you don't want to have fun

Right, I'd forgotten that part

it's not how it works

also nukes didn't have a finite ammo source in Dicksnap, just a reload time

what about that giant ice map everyone kept playing
frozen snap or something
it was huge and there were lots of custom air vehicles you could pilot. it was sort of neat

Coldsnap. It's still got players. I think one of the big clans still run servers with the map. I particularly enjoyed camping in the flag tunnel and one-shot sniping anyone coming to score. Spamming the mythos inside the base was fun too when it made teammates fly off the platforms.

Too bad the mechsuits sucked

He had a thread like two weeks ago, but everytime I tried to open it (and I assume everyone else tried) it just said 404. So the thread died with next to no replies and I guess he fucked off back to Israel for a bit.

Retarded detected, that's a Nirvosh spec-V IIRC from Eureka 7

Coldsnap, aka dicksnap

coldsnap, hugeass, and extinction were considered "baby's first custom maps" back in the day

i loved shitting around in hugeass.
I remember getting the c4 to glitch and cover the whole hangar with c4.

FUCK YOU ALL, SHEETARDS.
BET YOU FUCKING USE THE SCARAB, TOO

It sucks user. In fact I think it had a weak spot on it where you could snipe the driver

after exploring what HCE had to offer I never really played shit like hugeass or coldsnap often

there were so many amazing maps that were well done, from Z team's sanctuary, launchbay X, even the first custom map on Halo maps; Nightcamp is an amazing map

Rocket League proves that I was right the whole time. You're all gay.

It’s amazing how many people still played the Halo Demo (yes, demo; just Blood Gulch and one single player level) up until the GameSpy servers shut down.

In fact, they still play, with modded servers.

always found it funny, also the retail games moved to gameranger for a master server, server list still works in game because of this

god I haven't seen that map played in years

halo is shit though, why would you torture yourself by playing it?

Considering Half-life had you back tracking and was a bit more of a corridor shooter than Halo what are you basing your OPINION on?

Halo 1 was pretty fucking cool. 2 was pretty good too. I haven't played 3.

It felt like a natural extension of Marathon: Durandal. I do wish they didn't limit you to just 2 weapons and made the gameplay faster, but I suppose I'm basically asking for a 3d Marathon with vehicles and regenerating shields.

CE makes it even better. And being able to change the FOV using the console makes the whole experience pretty fucking great.

Console shooter babies who think it was even decent, that's why

I'm going to try hosting Halo sometime this summer, but I can't decide which computer to use to host it on. Not sure if I should use the i5-3470 box or the FX-8350 box for it though.

I use to be a backup when JoJo wasn't around, but computers age and fail.

Half-Life