First Game You Owned and Rate It

Post the first game you actually physically owned and rate it on a scale of 1-10.
Pic related is mine. I'd say it is a 9/10.

Everything before this had been pre owned by my parents or someone else, this was the first game that I bought with my own allowance.

10/10, I played it through 5 times, on 5 different platforms and I love each time. Probably one of my all time favorite games.

My one true nigga.
I'ts the same i owned first, my dad bought it to me with an NES after i kept pestering him to take me to the arcade to play it.

Yeah, I mean I might have played Mario/Duck Hunt first but pack-in games don't count.

blind/10

Even though the game is rather floaty and momentum is non-existent (despite that being one of the biggest mechanics of SMB), the level design and variety still holds up and makes the game still enjoyable overall. Rather short but that's to be expected for an early handheld game.
7/10

Pirated disc that had both games
10/10 FUCK YOU

I didn't like that game as a 15 year old. I love the game as a 25 year old.

It's exceptional.

8/10

Spyro the dragon

7/10 IGN

Level design and abilities are top notch but have some flaws, to note gravity is floaty, camera control is weak and versatility is not used, it's a shame because it's have so much potential as a full mario killer.

2 and 3 is mini-games/quest shitfest for kids.

Despite its faults it still made kid me feel like I was travelling around creepy hellish Transylvania fighting monsters.
Playing it again recently, the graphics and gameplay do get repetitive but music is still great, especially that nighttime transition outdoors.
Game 5/10, Music 9/10

Sonic 2 was the first game we (as a family) had, as a pack-in for the Genesis ofc.

C&C (on the Saturn, specifically) was the first one that was really mine.

10/10

The only thing I would change is making some changes to the tiles that are illusions or weak to items (i.e. make burnable bushes look different, put cracks in bombable walls, a faint distortion on the tiles that can be walked through, etc. to reduce the trial and error).

KNACK BABYYYY
10/10

10/10. As much as I love it, no other 3D platformers I've played have come anywhere close to being as good. As a kid, I actually much preferred DK64 and Banjo Tooie. Nowadays I get really bored returning to those yet always enjoy replaying SM64.

9/10
I'd argue it's one of the best pack in games of all time.

From what I've been told, this was the very first game I played at 2 years old.

Dad would sit me on his lap and have me hold the controller as he'd play it. Eventually he just let me play it on my own.

This game's hard as fuck. Never got past the second level. 5/10

I also played Gradius, SMB, Renegade and BobbleBobble a lot back then as well. Then Mario 3 and TMNT 2 came around and that was pretty much all I played until SNES

My first vidya came from a shareware cd with about 100 games.
Im not sure which i played first, but these three are the ones i remember best and were actualy pretty fucking good.

bio menace is some kind of platformer, but its mostly about shooting shit up. i'll give it a 8/10.

jetpack is the fucking shit. a platformer with endless possibilities and a powerfull map editor back in 1995. 10/10, bought the remake.

corridor 7 is a doom clone, but a good one. and the soundtrack is the fucking shit. 9/10.

I replayed it recently. It was not that good as i remembered, the sequel is much better imho. The police AI was especially dumb as fuck. 8/10.

7/10

As a kid actually owning a game was rare back then…..great stuff. My Mom bought it for me before it was actually available since she knew the distributor for Canada.

bought both of these and the overpriced Saturn…..great stuff. Still have it.

6/10

It's perfectly functional but nothing about it really stands out

While I played plenty of borrowed genesis games (mainly the Lost of Vikings and Desert Strike), pic related is what I bought for myself. It also first game that I completed, I actually skipped Harry Potter in theaters to do that, it's one of the best childhood memories in my life.

Castle of Illusion is way better, also one of the better parts of my childhood.

Nice. Yeah I remember buying Nights on Sega Saturn thinking it would be some kind of evolution in gaming since it was my first "3D" action game. SM64's release a year later felt like the true evolution.

muh friend of african american descent i still have my saturn and this game.

This came with the console. Feels old man out of ten. Seriously, in hindsight it's a very good game, a 9/10 given the Atari's limitations, but back then I was not that much into driving games, so I feel little love for it.

I like that it's sort of three different games in one. And the graphics are beautiful.

I still have those games, somewhere. I know exactly where my Saturn is. I've wanted to mod it, but I heard that CD-Rs fuck up the laser.

I can't think of a reason to give it less than 10/10. Four great games and super mario 2 in one.

Don't remember/10

I read somewhere the physics are slightly off, but I hadn't noticed it back in the day.

april looks like kathy ireland in a cheesy wig

Pokemon Yellow, and that special edition Pikachu GameboyColor

It's been far too long since I've played it, so I couldn't give it a proper rating. I do remember pouring hours and hours into this as a young child, trying to beat all the gyms and conquer the Elite Four on my own. Whenever I look back on this game, all I feel is that happy, nostalgic feeling. Even if I did play it over again just to give it an arbitrary number rating for a thread on a mongolian anime board, I couldn't do it objectively, I feel. I mean this was the one that started it all for me, after all. There's a lot of shit I can put my feelings aside for to look at objectively, but Pokemon Yellow is not one of them, for me.

and my older brother had Blue version, my cousin had Red version too.

This was a pretty good game actually.

bump

lolo 3 here, and i don't remember it either

An 8/10

10/10 would lose to Gado again.

Man, Holla Forums is so Sega Genesis.

all the sonic advance games were pretty good

Got my first snes when i was 3 and mario came with it, with the help of my dad i beat it too.

10/10

Doom

My dad brought it home from his office, shit was so cash.

Not great but not bad for the time. I like Burger Time and Pac-Man alot more.

this game was and still is my jam, fucking love it

7/10.

I never realized until just now that for that image to make sense, Robotnik has to have a beard.

Holy shit.

It brings a light version of the arcade machine into the palm of your hands. The shape of the game along with the sound effects are sure to please any kid.

Con: AA batteries run out quickly.

Sort of the same with me. I went from Commodore 64/Atari 2600 to Genesis to Super Nintendo. Never owned a Master System or the original Nintendo although I played some of the games on other people's consoles.

Nobody in the world could beat me at this game, my autist 7 years old self could score from the other side of the pitch. When i did find a guy that was gud, a 15 minutes match was 95 to 50 for me, shit was insane fast.

original, pretty high skill ceiling, 8/10.

Not a joke.
Was in a poorfag family, used to slum around to my friends who had consoles and pcs and go to internet cafes with a bunch of 12 year olds to play videogames.
Then one day I return home and my dad gifts me an old looking pc he got off work and a motherfucking copy of Shrek 2.
It is a legit good game too.

Probably a solid 7.

The music is bitching, the destruction is satisfying, and the game is basically a wrestling game. 7 because of the unfair AI, RNG grapples, and occasional music muting glitches (mainly happens when Rocky picks up a train.)

Ps1 Graphics sucked ass But at least the gameplay was pretty good maybe a 7/10

First game I remember playing was my brothers kirbys dreamland but the first game my mom bought for me was pokemon red. Solid shit 8/10. Although at the time I probably would have said 10.

fuck off dunkey you have shit taste

nigga what

Also, you obviously weren't around when SC1 came out. In 1999 its visuals were considered jaw dropping and it became the top title for showing off the Dreamcasts horsepower, at least when it launched.

*Soul edge, My bad also i've played some older games most are almost unplayable.

that game broke my NES when I left it paused all night.

halo 1

5.5/10

Same here.

10/10

7.5/10, still fun to revisit. I can remember pretty much every single detail so there's something oddly satisfying about playing it now. It's like I'm really sensing the enemies with The Force

Still hate this piece of shit

A chick gets punched at the start and you spend the rest of the game kicking the shit out of everyone. Controls still hold up, so does the graphics and music.

10/10.

This. Also the bosses could've been a little more diverse. But that game was the absolute tits.

10/10, a better pac-man

2nd game I owned

Also still great