Its been nearly a year already and it still hurts

Its been nearly a year already and it still hurts.

>tfw I'm in a reddit community

There is no fucking Chapter 3 reward. People already uncovered it at launch, and it's just as disappointing as the game itself.

Dude get the fuck over it already. Metal Gear was a shuffling zombie of a franchise kept unwillingly alive by Konami/Yakuza 2 games before V. Kojimia didn't want to make it and it shows. Only obsessive autists like you wanted every fucking tiny lore bit to get a game centered around it.

there is actually in game code suggesting that scene only plays when the Disarmament is forced, as it was in the youtube video

Delete that image you parasite

Chapter 3 is going to be out soon. The MGS3 pachinko machine has something to do with it. Just wait, I know how much it hurts.

Metal Gear Solid V: How to not make a prequel

The game was fun enough and Kaz's voice actor is the best vidya performance in a long time, even if everyone else phoned it in, Kojima/Konami included.

I thought it was fun

Better get out the prep h then.

It was definitely more fun and had more actual gameplay than all of the other MGS games combined.

It faltered everywhere else, which isn't too bad. Really now, what the fuck more do you want from the story? Anything more would just fuck shit up even further.

I found that MGSV had some of the best gameplay of the series, but the absolute weakest objectives.

I also think the open world helped make the objectives seem weaker than they were, because outside of missions the only thing Snake could so was either fulton or kill things. So missions where the objective was to just fulton or kill something, you'd get a been there done that feeling even if it's the first time you're tried the mission. Not all missions were the kill or fulton ones, and I think they were the strongest ones like the OKB Zero one, and meeting Huey, though they were few and far between.
To be fair this was a first try for Kojima and his team, and there are very few open world games that do get it right, even on their 5th try.

Outside of that though, the game lacked any levity. Not to say that it needed to have some, it wasn't that sort of game. It was about revenge, but none of the charm of any of the previous games was there, apart from Kaz and Codetalker's shit about burgers.

Time for you to enjoy Norman Reedus with gay test tube baby now.

This, no mission felt unique or fun, the only distinguishing feature between each mission was the locale and enemy placement, it was pitifully boring after awhile.

It was super fun. The game gives you tons of stuff to dick around with and you could approach an objective more or less however you wanted. Shame the missions get so repetitive. It needed more high stakes, super dangerous places like OKB Zero
It really floundered with the story though. All that Ground Zeroes momentum and the buildup only to have the bad guy die halfway through before he had the chance to really do anything.
Afghanistan in particular was disappointing. If it weren't for the constant radio blurbs you'd never know there was a war going on. I was hoping the Mujaheddin would have their own bases, would get into fights with the Soviets, you could fuck with one side to bait them into retaliating and make an infiltration easier.

Bumping

Is MGO3 dead on PC because I might get it. Been playing since day one but I want an active community, thankfully _PS3_ isn't dead.

Won't ever be as good as MGO2 was at the end.

I played some and it was really fun. I was one of those faggots that liked to focus on fultoning people. It was pretty fucking laggy so expect killing someone and being killed by them at the same time.

The Phantom Pain was a perfect name.

What could have been, should have been, but wasn't.

You're exaggerating quite a bit there, user. Some missions were definitely something special.

Nice to know, also MGO always had lag unfortunately.

Disarmament will never happen. As long as there's one hacker still getting himself free nukes, it will never happen. By that point everyone will have forgotten the game exists.

Yes, the game needed a lot more time to flesh out its flaws. Yes, the story didn't deliver and kind of just ended. However, the game was still great fun. Least complete package in a long time, but it still delivered to me.

Everyone cries foul on Konami, but even if Kojima had another year or two, I think a lot of V's problems would have remained. The empty open world, the world's quality itself. I remember Kojima gave an interview after playing GTA V and felt depressed at the differences between his game and Rockstar's. I think story wise it would have remained, but at least would have had mission 51.

It was an ambitious idea, an open world stealth game with tons of gadgets and approaches, with enemies that react to your methods, but Kojima couldn't get it done. Throw in the falling out with Konami and V was a case of what could have been.

I do think people will think fondly of V down the line though. Its good will shine through the bad.

I was on last night and could only find one game and it wasn't full.

Sadly I think it's dead.

Exactly.

MGS:V had some major flaws, but it had way more major good shit going on.

I have 68 hours in it and I still haven't got to the story mission introducing FOBs. Last played it in November. I should finish the fight.

I enjoyed that it was a Metal Gear game driven almost entirely by the gameplay, and it was pretty damn good gameplay at that. Though I feel like the open world aspects either needed to be expanded upon or trimmed down, I was disappointed to see that the faction system didn't return in order to add some life to the world. Imagine how cool it would've been to be able to trade some materials to the sandniggers to get them to attack a Russian base to make infiltration easier.

People complain about how repetitive the mission objectives were but the objectives were never where the variety was supposed to lie, since they existed solely to facilitate infiltration.

I think it speaks volumes about how good the game actually is when the chief complaint almost everyone has is that they want more of it.

This. Peace Walker and V didn't even need to be made. It was already implied at the end of Snake Eater, that after having to kill The Boss, he was disgusted with his country so he builds an army.

Fucking simple, but no. Metal Gear fans are so fucking stupid that they need to have every fucking detail in front of them so they can understand something that literally anyone could have understood.

Why the fuck are you in a MGS thread if you hate the series?

You're a fucking faggot, OP.

I like Peace Walker.
I was my first mgs game and was pretty fair on the PSP

Right, because that had nothing to do with Konami just demanding that more be made since it was arguably their only profitable franchise.

mgsfags are one of the most pathetic fanbases.

Pretty much this. Big Boss' story should have ended after 3. We didn't need to have every single fucking detail about the guy afterwards, and the next time we should have seen him was back in Metal Gear 1 or a remake of it.

But don't blame it on the fanbase entirely, Kojima is why the series went to shit. He was at his best when he had other people filtering his ideas and keeping him on a leash e.g. MGS1

Morons love fish dicks, that's why mighty better than nothing got funded.

Kojima has always been an excellent idea guy and gameplay designer, as long as he had more grounded people to check his ideas.

He's a real "head in the clouds" sort of guy. Good ideas, good plans, but not very practical.

If anything, MGSV's nukes should be an example of what happens when you senselessly try to create peace where none can be found, there's a reason its been a full year and all the nukes haven't been disarmed yet, people will keep making them regardless of, or perhaps in spite of the people who want to get rid of them, in MGSV and real life, as simple as that.

Most fun Metal Gear game
Least story

MGS V is the Star Wars Episode 1 of the series. A New Hope had Lucas on a leash (the leash of being a complete indie, making everything from scratch, running out of money, etc.). The prequels were “just do ANYTHING; we’ll make money anyway!”

So was MGSV a lesson in how the open world meme can ruin a game?

I kinda forgot I made this thread.

I'm just still disappointed at the cut Mission 51 and the fact that none of the missions inbetween the "story missions" stood out to me. Don't get me wrong, I think the gameplay is excellent, easily the best in the series, but I really dislike how the game ended very lackluster way.
'Course I guess its my fault for hyping the game to an unobtainable standard and creating these crazy-ass theories before the game launched.