Games you want that are NEVER EVER coming out

Games you want that are NEVER EVER coming out.

Shame Yakuza 0 ain't getting ported on PC, and we didn't get a real Sleeping Dogs 2, instead we got that fucking weird MMO nobody wanted

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/358090/
youtube.com/watch?v=W00hP8NRAXE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to believe Half Life 3 is even being made, but Valve has been so silent about it, and outside of a few multiplayer games it seems as though they don't even care about making games anymore now that they have Steam which makes money consistently.

I just want them to just give a yes or no answer, is the game canceled at this point? I just want to move on.

you mean this? store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/358090/

looks like it came out I don't know what you're talking about

Who knows what will happen. I mean, we live in a world where System Shock 3 is being made. If there was one game that I considered to be NEVER EVER, it was another System Shock, and yet, here we are.

If it's being worked on, it's being worked on. If not, it's not.

Do you mean Bioshock?
Or that unitiy reboot?

I wouldn't say that at all, it is incredibly normal in the current year for old and relatively niche games to be rebooted into accessible, streamlined, casual cinematic experiences on multiple platforms, which is very likely what the System Shock reboot is going to be.

That said, we do live in a world where Unreal Tournament is making a comeback and is not doing any of the things that I mentioned above. I'd like to be proven wrong about System Shock but again I doubt it. Old school UT's gameplay is universally appealing whereas you have to be moderately autistic to appreciate the intricacies of System Shock and I just don't think that it's going to turn out well and the devs will cater to modern casuals.

Season 2 of D4, forgot to mention that.

I kind of stopped to wish for games to come out because I fear they'll be a massive disappointment.

I'm really happy Yakzua 0 isn't headed to the PC. I don't want the PC community being anywhere near the Yakuza one.

If you think it's going to be anything but a horribly made nostalgia-fed cash grab, you haven't been paying sufficient attention to the industry. The world is a terrible place. I'm sorry, user.

Prey 2

that's a pretty small audience to target for a nostalgia fed cash grab.

These games aren't being made for the original's audience. They're being made because lots of people know the name despite not playing the originals. See also: King's Quest, Underworld Ascendant.

funny you should bring up D4, since I just beat it last night and I feel cucked by the ending (still an amazing game)

I remember seeing a video on Half Life 3, and it explained how it was in development and the script was finished, but because of the bad ending of Mass Effect and the massive income off of Steam and micro transactions from TF2, they said they won't release it anytime soon

also, star wars knights of the old republic 3, made by obsidian

;_;

Consolefags are far more cancerous than mustards

I guess it'd result in shitposting, but I still don't have enough for a PS4. The price is around $400+ in my region.

I don't think anyone will disagree, especially with the game as is being called "Season 1". I just hope that if they make a "Season 2", it'll at least resolve one story line so I won't have blue balls that lasted almost a year or 2.

It still doesn't make sense, because now that they took too long to release it, it'll have all sorts of hype behind it. And because we won't see it anytime soon that'll only put out more hype and demand behind it.

But if Valve only cares about Steam income and microtransactions, then why would they be worried of a poor reception?

you know, that's always a bit sad, but…

nigger did you even play them or are you doing the faux-rage thing? The one where you get mad at things you don't know anything about?

Are you also a PC gamer?

It's a steep price to pay, but when you realize all the games for the next few years are confirmed exclusive for it, it becomes much more enticing. I put a bit of this years tax return towards one, it's been a good ride since.

You know, having recently played through the HD Trilogy, I think Contracts is the better game. It's the perfect balance between Silent Assassin's autism and Blood Money's streamlining.

Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R game will probably happen after GSC releases Cossacks 3 and it sells well enough.
Will it be good?
More than likely it will not.
So yeah, a new actually good sequel to S.T.A.L.K.E.R will never happen.

A sequel to Darkest of Days that improves upon the engine and game design.

Go back to jerking off to Afros videos Soulsfag

It is coming to PC, just watch, it's a smart business decision in every way.

And that you don't want to come to PC just because you're afraid of fanboys is disgusting.

You're literally saying "I hope this franchise doesn't make more money for my own personal interests".

I'm not talking about the developers, you illiterate. I'm saying the games are made for and marketed to gamers who recognize the name but didn't play the originals. That's why these projects always end up being casualized garbage.

I'm not even mad, just pointing out the obvious.

What?

The reason why SS3 had ultimate NEVER EVER status was due to the clusterfuck regarding the rights of the IP. People (rightfully) say that publisher owned IP is a huge problem. Once EA gets has the rights, they can milk, milk and kill it. That's bad, but not System Shock-IP-clusterfuck-bad.

When Looking Glass made those games, Warren Spector negotiated to split the rights up. One party would have the rights to produce System Shock games, while the other party would own the trademark. The idea was that neither party (studio, EA) would have legal grounds to force the other into making more System Shock games; Both would have to consent.

Shit went sideways when Looking Glass went bankrupt. EA kept their half of the rights, wheres the other half went into the hand of some insurance company that just sat on it, refusing to sell it. Many years have passed, EA's part of the rights (trademark) ran out and now the IP was in a place, where no one even knew who was allowed to do what anymore.

The rights to System Shock were literally in the shittiest place imaginable.

Never claimed it would be good. I'll just wait. If it turns out to be good, I'll play it, if not, I won't.
I don't know what a developer would have to do to be able to hype me these days. After all the lies and disappointments, I genuinely don't know.

Super Deepthroat 2

Having the original devs on a game doesn't guarantee much. Warren Spector and John Romero have taught us that.

I like the customizable weapons and newspapers. I also like the shorter levels and the fact you can actually move a few inches with a disguise on.

I like fromsoft's other games more. You should get mad at your fellow cuckster racers, not the one calling them out for being stupid faggots

oh well, I made a reading mistake, carry on

yep

Crysis 2

STALKER 2

GTA with first person mode and destructible enviroment where the AI doesnt suck dicks and the city isnt empty as fuck

SWAT 5

Rainbow Six 4

Pc only Max Payne 4

AAA budget PC FPS with gore more brutal than SoF(no, animu gibs like on DooM or Shadow Warrior arent brutal)

It doesn't matter because it would be a disappointment.

Don't make me feel this early in the day, user.

We'll take Yakuza 2 then faggot

its like 3pm man, get your shit together

why do you even want it? by half life 2 they were only making technological progress.

already came out, it was horrible
Red Faction: Guerilla

Too bad you cant play them with a PS4.

Enjoy having an irrevelant console next year when actual games and movies come out for it.

Not everything is bad news

Dungeon Keeper 3

Rest in RIP, Bullfrog

Its a shame this game got cancelled.

Good thing it hasn't been, then.

Are you a misogynist?

It was cancelled to make a more profitable game of gwent, and you know it.

Source or you're retarded.

Okay, i am retarded. Maybe they still didn't cancelled it.

Why the fuck are you saying that?
Nothing about the game was known, all that was released was a CGI trailer.

Where are those "high quality PC ports" sega?
You fucking stopped after a sonic game again.

Actually, if you read up on interviews you would get much more hyped.

Those motherfuckers promised most skills from tabletop rpg, to the point when they said fashion skill will affect how npcs will be seeing the player. Also flying cars, first person view and third person view.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered that rumor.

From what I've heard CDPR focused on finishing Witcher 3 first before starting development on it.

How much did they promise in the Witcher 3 that didn't get delivered?

Even ignoring the rumor, they officially said they wanted to grow their PC presence.

But they ended up doing the same thing they did for the Model 2 HD releases

You all know I'm right.
SH by team silent members, naturally

PLEASE.

It's footage or bust, and even footage should be questioned considering the shit Ubisoft pulls.

It's just disheartening, because Sega has lots of great franchises that aren't Sonic.

Sadly they seem to think people only want Sonic on PC as shown by Lost Worlds, which isn't a bad game but I really could've lived without that. I don't even think it did as great as Valkyria Chronicles.

These games are all released, though.

a new itagaki directed ninja gaiden and fucking yakuza ishin/kenzan

That's exactly what happened. It happens every fucking time and sega doesn't learn.

Sonic is fucking cancer

Which makes me wonder why Sega thinks Sonic should be an indicator on whether they should carry on with what they're doing. For the longest time Sonic's games have ranged from lackluster to shit, he's nowhere near as popular as he's been on Sega's consoles, so I don't know why they think people still care about him.

I mean fuck, they could probably bring shit like Hatsune Miku on Steam, and that would still somehow do better than any Sonic game.

I dont need another OSU, just give me fucking Daytona

Daytona HD when?

Alright Holla Forums, hypothetical situation here: We finally get half-Life 3 after more than a decade. The catch?

The development is outsourced to the people who made Black Mesa.

Yay or Nay?

Already out console onry.

Sure, Illtake it
Cant be worse than Portal 2

Not for long

any chance at online play?

- Psi-Ops 2
- Freespace 3
- A Neverwinter Nights clone with all the same modding tools, only better, and easier to use
- An Elder Scrolls clone that has all the same modding tools, but that also has good writing, dialogue, characters, story, and roleplaying in the base game

If I remember correctly, the rights to Freespace were/are in a similar state, being divided between Interplay and Volition in such a way that neither of them can do anything on their own with what they have.

Yeah that whole bullshit just came across as a biodrone's wet dream.

I don't want HL3.

They're going to fuck it up and the people who were part of HL2 already left the company.

Unlikely
But thats up to the devs

If it ever does get released, it'll be either a masterpiece of gaming or another DN:F.

At least we're getting Cossacks 3.

real mother 4

I agree. I don't trust valve unless the original people who did the first 2 games are working on it.

I wish they'd just make a novel about what happens already. I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=W00hP8NRAXE

What? Bioshock and that other abomination with the titty monster wasn't enough?

I'm a console fag and even I wanna punch you right now.

As long as it's not Gearbox and it's still an fps, I'll take just about anything at this point.

But hey, there's Red Ash at least, right? :^)

It blows my mind how we'll probably perfect 7th gen emulation and start on 8th gen emulation before we get an Xbox emulator

At least they're stealing Chinese money and not fan money for that game.

Is there a word for how weird that is?

Fuck your ports

why do people want hl3 so bad anyways? what do they think will happen? would we have prevented a bad future if it came out earlier?
did each halflife 2 after episode really live up to your standards? do you expect them to use some off the wall element that youve never seen before?

i want to have a heartfelt ruination of their underaged buttholes

You cant impgrenate them that way

thats right, i dont want them to get fat

It hurts to live.

Halo 3 anniversary is inevitably coming out next year.
Ive heard rumours of Microsoft re-releasing MCC actually fixed for free to previous owners and a PC port.

I don't get it?
I thought Cyberpunk 2077 would be published by Namco Bandai like the Witcher games were

Don't lie to me, user
It'll be a Windows 10 exclusive anyway

What the fuck are you talking about?

Really? I've waited for this for so long.

Even if the MCC rereale doesnt happen Halo 3 anniversary surely will.
Windows 10 exclusive

It happened with the first two and it will surely happen with 3.
Thaat I am certain of, thats too much money for Microsoft to avoid.

FUCKING SWEARY STOP WORKING ON CRAPPY JEW DLC AND MAKE S2

I'm still waiting for physical Yakuza 5
I'll even pay $110 to bloody EB Games to preorder it if it happens
I just want to play Yakuza 5, and My internet is too slow for a 22gig game to ever be played

A (localized) remake for ps4 of Yakuza Kenzan too, or pc, or whatever.
It had some fun minigames.

What the hell are you smoking? Only Witcher 3 was distributed by Bamco.

Never will happen. Original sucked, and the company went on to just make some shitty irrelevant engine.

No. Max Payne was done and finished after 2. Remedy isn't making it anymore, hasn't since after 2. Rockstar made the piece of shit that was 3.

Also no. For all the good the existing ones were, GSC was fucking incompetent at every level.
Shit animation, shit broken mechanics, broken audio, intern developers as voice actors in the last one, 70% of the games' intentions cut out, supposedly supporting Lost Alpha…

At least it doesn't contain degeneracy like Mass Effect. and not everyone looks like a shitskin.

But yeah Every EA game is a shitfest with dlc.