Risk of Rain

beat this game for the first time, that final boss was pretty cool

Risk of Rain thread?

fuck, it took me forever to unlock those one at a time a while back. oh well good luck unlocking the artifacts.

I like it. Even got the collectors edition.

Admittedly there is a flaw in the game.

Glass makes everything die too fast.
Without glass everyone is a bullet sponge.

i had it pirated and played like 50 hours of it, bought it recently in the steam sale because i fucking love it

yeah it was definitely worth the 5 bucks spent, too bad its local co-op isn't that great, and there isn't any real dedicated servers.

i would like to try co-op now, anyone wants to play?

not if you get some good damage items, with that build in the pic i was killing everything in 2 - 3 seconds not the bosses though

I know. It's mostly the early game that's always a drag without Glass.

I haven't played the game and I never will because the dev bullied me

top kek, how did he bully you

My game keeps crashing and freezing. Is there a remedy for this?

what where you doing when it crashed?

he shit on my games in AGDG

wew, which games? i want to shit on them too

I had Honor on and it crashed trying to draw the elite versions of Wandering Vagrant and Colossus.

And, whenever it freezes, I guess the game can't handle itself when there's a lot of action going on and I have collected so many items that a few of them don't even show up on the screen (my computer is top of the line and plays Destructive Creations games just fine, even with shadows).

I have no doubt that your games deserved it.

bump

Well, I don't see how he's hot shit. He can't even stress-test his own game nor can he program it.

You know: I found one of those hologram things that gives you a choice between three items and occupies three spaces but I sometimes find them occupying the same spot. So much for choice.

One time, I killed a colossus and he dropped a rare chest (I had command on) in the same space as a teleporter. I had just enough time to pick what item I wanted but not enough time to actually get it when it dropped. Why do I even need to pick it up? Can't you cut out the middleman and put it in my inventory without me having to physically touch the item myself?

And, when there's multiple chests of different rarity tiers occupying the same space: the menus for all of those chests pop up and I must move the cursors in all of them so I can hardly tell what I'm selecting and I can only select one thing that I want in addition to a bunch of random shit I may not want at all.

So, to the guy who got bullied, tell that Risk of Reddit faggot that he's not special.

where did the dev touch you?

He's right about the dev being quite incompetent though. There are still bugs and the game runs quite poorly.

yeah i've found a few annoying bugs but nothing game breaking yet

are the devs still working in the game? any chance we'll see an update/expansion/dlc/riskofrain2 soon?

What games did you make?

The last update added few characters, fixed few bugs and brought the game on PS4. Apparently it was the last one.

Doesn't surprise me that the dev would be a nigger faggot. He did publish his game through fucking chucklefuck.

The word is that he wants to do so much that Game Maker's limitations are actually becoming a problem. I imagine the next step is rebuilding from the ground up.

He also said he regrets that decision. To be fair that was when chucklefag hadn't released anything playable with Starbound and Redigit was MIA for a year so one knew the true extent of their faggotry.

Considering most of his "fixes" in the latest update are putting hard caps on everything so GM doesn't shit itself on longer runs, I'd say that's the only possible move from this point on.

heretic

I would like to play co -op but i'm on a mac. Do you want to set up a server?

i dont know how, do we have to play trough steam?

No, there's direct IP connection. You just need ports open.

Impressive, I couldn't beat the third level.

i'll check a guide after i finish cooking

How do you actually play this game? Do you need to self restrict yourself with items? Because if I just play the game my characters becomes death incarnate, like in embed vid.

RoR's wasted potential: really great concept, but flawed execution. Character and item balance is questionable. Enemies (especially early game) are bullet sponges without Glass, which wastes a lot of precious time. The way chests and shops spawn is really bad, as said. There's also this weird delay before an item can be picked up. Not to mention the bugs and crashes that still happen even after 9000 patches, because Hopoo ported the game from GM8 to Studio without testing it afterwards. Hell, he doesn't even work on the game anymore; some other guy from Chucklefuck maintains it.

Then again, I got the game for free, so I shouldn't be complaining. I had my fun with it, especially in co-op. Though I can't shake off the feeling that the game could have been something much more under a more competend dev and a custom engine.

nigger what are you doing

Letting my autism get the best of me
Besides, LS and RM stack almost infinitely, so as long as you get a shitload of them whenever you get white or orange, you cut down on waiting exponentially

i can try to host trough hamachi if anyone wants to join

That's just how you play the game

lamo may as well go play farmville or a gook MMO.

After getting all of the artifacts solo it's pointless for me to 100% it, expexiay unlocking the stupid item that requires you throwing the stupid enemy off the cliff

Yeah, you should take 75 minutes at the absolute slowest.

He went ahead and made Deadbolt (very good game), so, unlikely.

The game is an absolute blast the First few times you play it tbh

Did any of you ever complete the game without both glass and command?
Especially with soldier/commando?

Of course. Commando a great. Huntress a best.

Yeah, you just have to get good.

M-Mean!

The only way I find to make commando great is to stack 4 drills and 10 boxing gloves.
Then again I was making the case of no command artifact so good luck.

With the Huntress, I think. Or was it the Chef? With one of the more broken characters anyway.

nigger i beat the game in monsoon with no artifacts, it's not THAT hard

Yeah and I got the last artifact with Han-D on monsoon.
Did you do it with commando tough?

im the OP, it was bandit