Game came out in 2010

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

www20.atpages.jp/katwat/wp/?p=3600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know I'd love it if I could actually play it.

Did you try the fix?

You are weak

I thought PC could fix all these technical issues?
Why are you such a cuck?

I have gotten games like Thief and Dungeon Master to work perfectly on windows 7, and that was before GOG when I'd have to hex edit the executable for it to even launch and try every recommended fix before I was even able to see the fucking menu.

But when it comes to Japanese ports I've never been able to get one to work properly, ever. For example L2 and R2 on my ps3 controller not working for MGS2 not to mention the graphical bugs, or more recently I tried to get Resident Evil on the PC to work and all of the FMVs are black screens, googling the problem gives me results for REmake and when I do find a thread for the original RE nobody seems to have the same problem as me. In the case of MGS2 I ended up just buying the PS2 version, and for Resident Evil, I just saved myself the hassle of getting the PC version to run properly and am just emulating the PSX ROM.

Blows my mind how emulating entirely different hardware to play a game that has a PC port is the hassle-free way to play it on computer.

Its fucking garbage, dont even bother

You can't trust the gooks with PC development.

The Japs were still fucking making PS2 games in 2010.

It works perfectly in windows 98 mode, albeit it's windowed now.

Oh fuck off. The Console version is plagued with technical issues too you retard.

This just goes to show that, even though Japanese companies knows that the North American and European market for video games is on personal computers rather than consoles: they have minimal experience in working with high-end PCs and are largely ignorant, if not, outright cretins when it comes to porting their games to it. They should outsource porting their games to Korean and American companies rather than do it themselves.

Someone didn't do the tedious side quests

Well, ti was a wii game that got ported to psp that got ported to ps2, what would you expect?

Not all of them, no

Honestly. I wouldn't mind if the Wii/PSP/PS2/DS were the only consoles with video games still in production.

Everything after them is just shit.

The same shit that happened in 2007 was going to happen regardless of what console generation we were in.

For anyone who wants a fix I figured out how to make it run smoothly enough without crashes, at least on my machine.

Just played through the scene that was making my game crash in full screen mode and it worked perfectly.

expecting anything from the land that popularized consoles.

At least it does not force you to run it in windows 10.

I can smell the reddit reeking in your post.

What the fuck is the story behind these pics?

DP was originally going to be a PS2 game if I recall, but they took so long making it that they just decided to move up to PS3.

Someone printed out a few labels and put them on a few floppy disks.

In japan a lot of business use old hardware that still support floppy disks, so this is how they install the most recent OS.

Some companies and governments still use old-ass computers with floppies rather then discs as their office computers, M$ wants that audience.

Ergo Win8 on Floppies.

Man, i hate this shit. HATE.
Game is good, but it's so fucked up technically. Holy fuck, they can make a good game, but they can't fix the fucking bugs. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Do I have to break into a nuclear silo and steal launch codes as well?

And people say Japan is home to a bunch of smart guys. They're like India in how they have disgusting cuisine and pretend to be intelligent when they're really incredibly stupid. Although they don't have…

More or less.

The game is THE BOMB after all.

It's a joke some Japanese guy made for installing Windows 8.1 on a PC-6001. There is no actual floppy disk version.

www20.atpages.jp/katwat/wp/?p=3600

DPfix seems to work fairly well until the last stretch of the game where the game just goes full "FUCK YOU" mode with the crashes in the weirdest spots. I had one issue in the midgame with a consistent crash, but eventually got past it somehow. It's doable, but I won't deny it's pretty frustrating. I would have got through it faster if I hadn't been playing on a toaster as well. Still don't regret my time with it, would have gladly done all of the side quests if driving around town wasn't the point where you were most likely to crash.

Are you running in compatibility mode?

After all, it was made for consoles based off 1998 PC hardware

It suddenly makes sense.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSTTT!!!

I wish the game's port wasn't actual ass.

The game was so good with how it tricked me into thinking it was a B-horror movie game.

I got the original RE4 PC port working on my AMD build PC. It actually ran perfectly I had no issue whatsoever. I read some horror stories and it just makes me laugh, outside some h-games from JP I haven't really done anything major unless you count Doom

Works on my machine ;>)

So whats different in the directors cut?

1 millions of consoles have been sold in Europe and North America. Europe is called Sony land for a reason.

2 Japanese devs already hire outside companies to port their games. It is often the source of the problem.

If you're REALLY a fan of Japanese games (and not just the typical nostalgia fag pining for Final Fantasy 7 like most PC gamers) consider buying a PlayStation.

Catgirl Emily costume.

Also instead of attempting to shoot Emily, you can also choose to shoot Kaysen or yourself. Both of the new choices are instant game overs. I don't know why the fuck Swery bothered.

i wonder if the game works better under wine

That is one long weekend.

The director decided to cut most of the game by forcing you to skip all the sidequests out of fear of the frequent crashing.

Seriously?

You can do them if you want, but if you drive around too much (more than 10 minutes) you'll end up crashing the game cuz whoever designed the port doesn't know how the fuck caching works.

Holy shit……

Deadly Premonition 2 or D4 Season 2 when?

Deadly premonition 2, hopefully never, i dont want a talented director wasting away on sequels. D4 season 2, hopefully soon so he can properly finish the story.

It's a good game.

If it's ever possible you should play it when it's feasible to pirate the console version. Maybe if they ever get the pc port to a playable state could try that too.

I dont pirate, or rather i avoid it whenever possible. I have my 360 copy ill play that.

You can use xpadder to fix the controls in MGS2.

Nah. It's overrated trash.

That sweet FX thing seems to fuck up the colors user. Why would anyone use it.

Hopefully soon. I haven't heard shit about SWERY since he announced he was taking time off from games because he'd gotten sick.

I thought you always had those other choices.

They look alright to me, but I guess it comes down to whether you like them or not.

They also add a new extended ending and an extending beginning framing the entire game as a tale that he tells to his grandaughter and ends it, setting it up for the sequel.

Why?

No , it comes down to the directors intention. The colors were there for a reason. You dont go add different palettes to films because it looks different. user please have some respect for the vidya you play.

Scars do that.

I hate Access games so much. Their games are so interesting, but so technically incompetent that I'd almost rather have nothing at all.

Also, Swery just wrote a murder mystery novel, so that's cool

He wrote a novel? Can you link to an amazon page or some more info on it.

Well, it's more accurate to say he's almost done writing a novel