Is this the blunder of the year?

Is this the blunder of the year?

Insert zombie/undead pun here but this shit was stillborn.

MN9 might be

Are you retarded? They clearly just split the team into two. The one that used to make gameplay, made this. The graphics team made that Amnesia clone they are calling 7.

I don't know who was the target for this game but it certainly wasn't RE fans.
Why are japanese so shit at business ?

They dont know what to do unless they are riping off some western game

To make a very good game you need a western man supervising japanese people such as Kojima.
Imagine if he weren't allowed to do anything he wants just because he's Kojima.

Shame Kojimmers games are shit when he's given full control

What a garbage game. I'd have expected something like Left 4 Dead with two competing human teams or something. Not a deathmatch with random zombies strolling about a tiny map.

That's my point.

No pic related. It's an evolve tier flop.

Same can be said about RE7.

Why didn't they just reuse RE6's gameplay and add more/better maps and gamemodes and shit? The game probably would've been fun.

No. That's Battleborn. When your game bombs worse than Evolve, that should say something.

It's not mighty number 9

It's not Battleborn

It's not Anthony burch

I knew something was up the moment I saw the Unity logo on the very first trailer.

Say what you like about Capcom, but MT Framework is a damn good engine and almost everyone working there has SOME experience with it, which leads me to wonder why the hell this exists in the first place.

I can only assume this is the work of a couple first-day interns goofing around.

It's fun

They fucking printed trading cards for it? How fucking cocky were Gearbox?

Jesus, they tried to push cards?
Is there even a TCG behind them?

I still think Mighty Number Nine is a bigger flop if only because of the build up, hype, and the sheer amount of money poured into it.

Also, I don't think Gearbox went so far as to try to produce an animated series.

How big did Gearbox think this shit was going to be?
That just makes this flop even funnier.

Battleborn flopped way harder than evolve.

Anons why are you surprised at Gearbox being arrogant?

They think their own writing is funny and clever, for Pete's sake.

Christ anons, you know what I just realized?

Battleborn is Gearbox's Cheetahmen.

Think about it:

I'm also looking forward to the Youtube holo/VR Let's Plays in 20 years that talk about Battleborn then the same way we talk about Cheetahmen now.

Umbrella corps?

I doubt that cost all that much to make.

Mirrors Edge 2 is a strong contender

Oh god it keeps getting more pathetic, is this the burch curse or the gearbox curse?

I think it was a case of Gearbox massively misreading the market and/or being arrogant enough to think they could go head to head with Blizzard. I'm sure 2k was also involved, but at this point I feel like 2k is trying to pull off a The Producers and go out of business by releasing shit like Evolve, Battleborn, and WWE2k15/16.

The resemblances are uncanny.

Hey in about 10 years that person might be able to pay off his copy of stillborn if he sells these cards for their highest price of .01 cents.

That artstyle is so ugly goddamn. Who thought that was a good idea?

Who are these boybutter bandoliers?

Looks like the crazy daughters of the villain in Way of the Samurai 4.

No OP, these are. Pick your poison.

MM9 caused more disappointment, but Battleborn had more money on the line.

Why not make an animated show while they're at it? Talk about putting the cart before the horse, it reminds me of Evolve and all the e-sport marketing & seasons pass they made.

GET FUCKED GEARBOX

If we're not just talking about monetary blunders the development for MM9 completely trashed the reputation of a developer who was among the most respected devs by mainstream media and casuals. Now Inafune will forever be remembered as a conman by all gaming media and audiences, save for the most extremely autistic devotees.

He deserves it after stealing 3.8 million dollars from Marvelous

I want Red Ash to resurface, and when it does I want Inafune to be crucified like the con man he is. I want to see his target audience completely pick the game apart and piss on the corpse. And I want Inafune to know in no uncertain terms that the love and devotion he once received is forever gone.

Whaaaat?

Thats right Mike, they wanted to take resident evil into e sports.

AND AIIIIIIIIIDDDDSSSSSS

It sounds pretty shit but it can't beat these two even bigger blunders. One was a hyped kickstarter that they were planning to build a franchise around and had even planned anime for it. The other was Gearboxes biggest project and failed even more than anyone could imagine which has completely destroyed their hopes of it being a flagship title to carry them through the next few years. I think Battleborn is the biggest blunder myself but I never cared much about MN9 so some people might think that's even worse.

Stillborn was just kinda there. MN9 had the hype and killed everything. Hell, you can focus only on the kikestarter portion of MN5.6, or only the delays and development, or only the release, or only the game itself. There was so much shit from just each part alone that easily passes battleborn on bullshit.

Battleborn and Mighty No. 9. OP I can understand you for not knowing Battleborn but what makes you think Umbrella Corps is shittier than Mighty No. 9.

dubs confirm, RIShit Gearbox

da fuck are yo…
oh

(Checked)
The funny thing is, if you plastered the title "Overwatch" over it, I probably wouldn't have noticed. These cell shaded Dota shooters look so similar to me. Then again, I'd probably never buy a game like this.

This year was the year of the flops. Crash when?

But cheetahmen had kickass music.

Looks like a generic korean shooter to me.