Tree of Savior

Pantsu Edition

Tree of Savior is a f2p korean grindan game with cute aesthetics and a variety of classes.

old thread in page 13 bump limit:

New players are now allowed, and Tree of Savior is back up for download.

Current players please input your details here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRTDc2evOPyTa4Xn5NZt-vO1g-PpFL9eBWGE4S0xwqw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1865303421

Main guild in Klaipeda under Cider is full, waiting for someone to get to templar for the extension guild. He needs to be a templar to start a guild (rank 7 requires hundreds of hours of grindan to reach) and the class is pretty shit so need someone really dedicated to go for this.

Current templar candidate: GlassArmour

PM him in klai for encouragement.

index of guides/etc to anything worth knowing:
pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd

Stats and how they work. Helps out when you need to figure out something specific about the mechanics. A lot of it can be ignored, but useful when you have min-max questions:
blaster3.net/files/ToS Mechanics.pdf

Use these for skill building:
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

For any other DBs, just head to tosbase.
Important beginner tips:

Special quests

Headgears
docs.google.com/document/d/1POy4XkZVoBwi6i8RW4P3fuMUNWvsgboY88s9bbXx4nQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Hidden quests (free stats):
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bulb-hidden-quest-and-useful-information-might-have-spoil-bulb/65899

Map gimmicks/mini games
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-of-gimmick-rewards/256584

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9lvr1voywb/
pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222caa.15213544.1f3f5aa5.152545.1a45558a
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41322277.152535.253545.1a354555659aa5.112737455565
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRTDc2evOPyTa4Xn5NZt-vO1g-PpFL9eBWGE4S0xwqw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1865303421
discordapp.com/channels/184328493784498176/184328493784498176
discord.gg/011prHsf9eSttlKm1
tos.neet.tv/skill-
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3144418g.1a354a55.1f4f5a65.253545.253545
tos.nexon.com/community/tosnotice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=399
tosbase.com/game/exp-tables/class/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

throwback to the old and welcome to the future.

I quit this game. This is not RO at all. Its like a grinding game made for people who don't like to grind which just makes the game disjointed and not enjoyable. The only reason I was playing was to reach level cap.

Is the game still a Korean MMO with identity crisis, not knowing whether to be a themepark or a sandbox?

yes

posting proof of lucky buff on mobs that happens sometimes

You're thinking Black Desert.

This game was always suppose to be theme park-esqe.

Black Desert is 100% sandbox though.
It actually hurts it, as everything is fucking forest for 80% of time.

I guess you're talking about Tera there, it has huge themed reservoirs linked by tunnels, while BD is literally skyrim with even less variety.

Bye.

It's a tad different from your normal theme park with the addition of Orsha (area not server) and other changes since icbt2:

You can actually popcorn around some based on your level now, as there's generally 2-3 questlines in your range.

It's still rather themepark, but they've made a lot of steps since icbt2 to make it less terrible.

PSA if you see one spawn (silver or gold) DO NO immediately kill them. Some server daemon has to sign off on them existing after they spawn, and if you kill them too soon, you get nothing. I believe 10-15 seconds of waiting will save you the embarassment.

What the fuck is that tree texture even, even as a thumbnail the first pic strains my eyes trying to focus on it.

hunting for any reliable info on where i can drop/craft this thing. this is part of the recipe for my dream BiS equip paired with the legendary sage wall but that one might take much much longer to farm.

Not sure if anybody knows, sorry.

If you need a hold over till sage wall, get a zalia kite shield. Recipe drops from coliflower on Gate Route iirc. Lv40 req 40 mdef, only other shield in sagewall's role.

It bulrs out everything except your characted during no UI mode.
It's supposed to look cinematic.
It's much sharper during normal gameplay.
I like that effect tho

Are there questlines?
Are there penalties for killing monsteres with higher levels than you?
Are there multiple maps for single level ranges?
Are there instance dungeons?
Are there level based gear?
Do monsters always spawn on the same coordinate?
Are monsters in every area all the same levels or are there weaker or stronger monsters along?
Are there bosses in the open world?

elaborate, nigger.

whatever you're looking for, its not BDO.

That's retarded, why would I not want the background in my nice no-UI screenshot? The UI covers the scenery not my character, what the fuck is the logic for that?

Next you're going to tell me Bloom, Motion Blur, and variable DoF (excluding scopes, sights, binoculars, etc) are good things.

A good sandbox MMO.
I don't want a game with all those things.
But depending on the game having or not some of those things makes it very sandbox or non-sandbox.

Are there questlines? Yes
Are there penalties for killing monsteres with higher levels than you? No
Are there multiple maps for single level ranges? No instances but areas have different levels of mobs
Are there instance dungeons? No
Are there level based gear? No
Do monsters always spawn on the same coordinate? Not sure, they at least spawn in the same area.
Are monsters in every area all the same levels or are there weaker or stronger monsters along? Weaker or Stronger depending on where you are.
Are there bosses in the open world? Yes

yeah man, been running that shit forever. i never even look at any other shields. lol

just starting to plan ahead since lewd just got his brandish i kinda felt an itch to look into farming for the good shit too. will probs run around looking for sage wall recipe some time around lvl 150.

them free offtopic bumps doe

Oh quests don't award combat XP btw besides the main quest sometimes. Quests award contribution XP which is kinda like reputation points that you can spend to interact with NPCs or invest in areas for housing, workers, production, trade etc.

I'm not MMO expert, but I'll try to answer honestly.

As in long ass quests that you complete over a long periods of time and huge areas? Yes there are plenty.

I do not know. You don't even know level of the monster unless you google it. Obviously if you meet monsters that are too tough fro you, you'll be given a warning, but you still can fight and kill them. And then when I came to fight them at higher levels they were dropping exactly the same loot.

Are there XP penalties? Maybe? I didn't get any huge XP chunks from those encounters.

I don't understand?
Basically the further you progress from your starting point the stronger monsters are, but I occasionally find areas where monsters are either too weak or too strong for my current level.

I do not know, I just hit 48, which is 3 level past the point of even being able to PvP, so I don't know shit about end game. But there are always people searching for parties for something in general chat.

No. All combat gear has no restrictions. Everything, even the top shit can be quipped at level 1. Naturally you should upgrade it autistic heights to be relevant into the end game.
I've read some articles about upgrading past +15 and it gave me headache. I'm not sure I'll even bother with that.

I found that unique, very strong mobs (bosses?) spawn at the same places. Once you kill it, it will respawn after a certain (pretty long) time.
There are also real boss summoning scrolls that you can activate at certain areas.

Well usually all monsters in one area in similar level range. Some are weaker, some are stronger, but they're like from the same pool, I dunno how to call it.

There are those strong monsters, but I'm not sure they qualify as bosses. I managed to solo those, that were supposedly too strong for me.
Same goes for bosses I summoned from scroll that I got from story quest. Were those tutorial? Probably, but I'm still getting them. They don't drop anything themselves, but quest rewards are always something good.

I assume there are real bosses, that take full well geared party, or even a guild, that you can somehow fight, but I don't know about it.

That's a matter of taste. You can turn all of that off while maintaining high level of shadows, shaders and textures. Graphics settings are pretty good.
Come to think of it does look like a hipster photo, maybe I should turn this shit off.

It has a huge square map and you can go anywhere.
As opposed to Tera where there are several smaller maps connected by roads. You can't wander off road into the woods in Tera. You can in BDO.

Did they do anything about the maps having absolutely 0 grinding potential past level 20?
Is ToI dead?

Looking interesting…
How predominant are the main quests? You do some stuff in a certain place from 10 to 10 levels or something like that? Or they'll guide me to certain areas and I'll have to take that path to actually progress?

What I meant by multiple maps for single level ranges was if there are multiples areas I can go in my level, as in areas X,Y and Z are good options to explore/grind in level 50.

I just want to go wherever I please and do what whatever I please as long as I can succeed in doing so and be rewarded for it. Having quests is fine, as long as the're more optional than vital for progress.

Just having a truly open world means squat, I managed to climb some mountains in TERA with a friend (not normally possible but we glitched out the mount's jump, the mountains were barren and the texture on it looked like ass), we ended up in an area that was higher level than us, we could kill the monsters but couldn't accept the quests. Killing the strong ass monsters gave us ridiculously low XP, the only way to level in that game is by completing all the quests in order.

ikr?
Man here I was simply excited to have my Trinity for my fencer-to-be (and any other swordies I inevitably make). Named it Merodach, memo notes it was forged on British Independence Day, everything. Was gonna name it Caliburn (more fitting a name for commemorating the memo), but that's a shitty 2h sword in this game. Weeby Autism told me Gram and Merodach were good alts, but Gram is better known than Merodach.

Just need an Arde so I can hit lv120 with her- going Corsair with a shield should be illegal.

Side note, arde prices are falling, but I keep cucking myself with necroventer cube rerolls. Never again will I hit reroll for 30k on that damn thing.

Gave me a good laugh with that one. Glad to see you see the error of your ways.

I figured it was behind settings you could toggle. Consoles tend to be the only ones that get completely shafted on graphic settings, the pesants.

join itc

There is a TL;DR at the end of this post

Yeah initially it does, but gimme a moment there.

Very. Well you can just not take them, or take and ignore, but expect some gameplay features jot not being unlocked for you.

It may be due to me being retard but I constantly end up running all over the place. I guess I'm bad at optimization. But yeah quests are usually suspiciously close to each other.

You are not forced to, but yeah you are forced to. Because it unlocks shit like being able to upgrade gear or skills.

Oh yes, every level range has several spots for killing mobs en masse.

In theory you can, as long as you deal with locked features.

Well there are two main quests.
Story quest, that can fuck right off, it doesn't do shit apart from telling you dumb story about local edgelord.
However there is also dark spirit quest, that you kinda forced to do, because it unlocks dark spirit features - gear upgrading, skill awakening etc.
Naturally those two go along, so you usually end up doing both.

Guess what, BDO is the same in this regard. I'm pretty sure side quests are unlocked based on either your level or main quest progress. And killing vastly overleveled monsters won't give you any more XP than killing recommended ones. At least you get their drops, but loot in this game is extremely shallow and boring.

I was absolutely enamored and captivated at first, but now I see that despite being physically open world, as in go wherever dude, there just isn't anything to do. Just like in Tera - you can glitch-climb a mountain, kill overleveled mob because you're gud, and that's that.
Yes there are autistic activities like breeding horses or mining resources, but it all leads to one thing - upgrading your shit to fight stronger mobs and other players.

What game does well - is combat, it's much better than tera, it's fully hitbox based, so regardless of lag if enemy didn't physically touch you - you won't get damage and so on. Movesets are varied, you have limited freedom of building up your combos and choosing what special attacks to learn. Fighting is pretty fun and engaging.

What game doesn't do well - is anything else. You can wander the world, but if you find something cool - well hidden underground library, some cool ass techno ruins, some weird mansion with cyborgs and creepy machines in it - rest assured, if you wandered there by accident, there is nothing for you to do except for killing mobs, but you can bet your ass that main quest will eventually lead you here, and will show you some silly cut-scene or will allow you to summon an area-specific boss.

Loot is boring, quests are boring, side activities are fucking job-tier.
Does game look and run good? Yes it does.
Is it basically dynasty warriors online? Yes it is.
Is it a role playing game? No it is not.
Is there shit to do, other than kill mobs? No there is none.
Is it worth 30 bucks? Depends on what you like and what you want. I love me some musous, and here, unlike in TOEI games, mobs can actually kill you if you're not careful.
Does it make you feel like you're on an adventure? Yes it does if you allow it to. It did it for me, as I still enjoy it regardless of how shallow and contentless it is.

Is it pay to win? Hard to tell now, you can buy shit like inventory expansion, exp boosters, penalty-free revivals, all that shit you would expect from f2p game. Cosmetics from cash shop DO give you passives, but those are exp boosters and penalty reducers too, nothing affecting actual combat.
My take is it's slightly p2w, which pretty shitty for a buy to play game. But the game itself I like. I don't feel any buyer's remorse, because it mostly suits my personal taste.

TL;DR
It's an open world action game with grinding, not really an RPG.
I would recommend watching class videos on youtube and trying free to play russian version to get yourself an impression.
It's the closest you get to a musou online, without actual musou online.

So, uh, is this the Tree of Savior thread?

My search continues…
You saved me some time here bud, thanks.

yea

Is this an acceptable wiz build? I wanna be useful in both groups and solo, and not take ages to level up.

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9lvr1voywb/

Aw shit nigga, I'm sorry.
Well let me tell you that ToS has even less redeeming qualities than BDO. It has cool looking characters and backgrounds and that's it.
I can't even call it arstyle as enemies, and especially bosses clash with it drastically.
Combat is shit, activities are shit, everything is fucking shit, I don't even hate it, it's just sad.

I expected some kawai diablo, but got, I dunno, some borderline mobile "game".

If you want "MMO where you can do anything", you won't get one.
But depending what you're specifically looking for I can gibe some input. Or at least join the search.

I'm mostly in it because I like games with class systems, that progress so that you can jump into new classes, even if you can only get into those from the same branch (like Swordsman can't go into wizard classes)

I don't believe I can run BDO from my country, though, even through a proxy (that just makes it much slower for my already slow net)

Something akin to the old days of Ragnarok Online, but without super dated mechanics/combat, no bots and balanced classes.
It's not about doing anything, but having a game that doesn't force you to do anything, so you can do anything that's possible in the game that you want and be rewarded/not penalised. Of course, it's better when what is possible in the game is actually good.

Thats Tree of Savior. I don't like this tough, to me class advancement is better when you eventually especialize your class or make it hybrid, like starting a generic mage then focusing on pyromancy, a swordsman then hybriding with mage to enchant your sword. Just switching up like ToS does is not right to me, you make a pyromancer then is forced to switch to a higher mage class, your pyro stuff will eventually be outpowered by the higher level stuff.

I love classes and I love when you can swap them on the fly. I hate it when you need to fucking unlock them.
Play 20 hours the way you don't like just to be able to play the way you do like? Yeah nah.
And I get the feeling that one branch classes in ToS don't play all that differently, but I don't really know.
Class trees and class-locked character are anachronisms.
PSO2 and FF14 did classes really fucking well.

As for proxy - you only need one when starting with launcher, not when playing, but then again if watching a couple of videos didn't make you want to INSTANTLY FUCKING PLAY IT, then don't even bother.

Ooops, second quote is from

I did not know this
I will try.

WHOA there.
I got it. It's a tough shit really. Since I played game for combat right from the childhood, it never was a problem for me. If game allows me to kills shit in fun ways, I instantly enjoy it. I never felt draw to do something else, even if the game encourages it.

Even in games like Fallout 2 where you can do all sorts of non-combat shit, and be a success, all I did was killing shit, stirring shit and killing more shit in most gruesome ways possible.

Even if I'm mistaken about BDO, and you can actually be a successful horse tycoon without killing a single mob, I wouldn't even know it because I wouldn't look into it.

Lemme tell you this - go and read up on BDO's non-combat mechanics. Because it has some systems that I have no idea how they work.
You can hire workers for something.
There is housing.
There is horse breeding.
There is sailing. Can you sail goods? Can you be a pirate? I don't know. There are fucking wharves in the game. Everywhere.
There is fishing.
There is mining.
There is some political structure that I have no idea how it works.
There are knowledge system and knowledge traders, how does it work, I barely understand.

It's all boring for me, it's all bother for me. But if you can fish for two hours, then sell your fish on market for good money, then invest these money into something else and so on and so on and finally buy top armor without killing a single mob, wouldn't that be what you're looking for?
Oh and then disassemble that armor into black stones and make even more dosh. Maybe.

I dunno if BDO encourages or even allows that, look it up.

I was talking abut NA/EU version, but I assume russian/korean one works the same way.

it's all irrelevent shit that goes no where special other than providing an illusion of something greater

the games primary focus is kill mobs, and to never stop killing mobs. there is no level cap, people who have been killing mobs since day one will always be stronger than you. PvP is a joke, gear and level win fights, not skill.

and to top it off it's b2p with a p2w cash shop. want to look different in the crowd? that'll be 20$ goy, want to hide your characters name plate and other infomation from other players in PvP? cough up goyim. want to make money faster? want to level faster? want more drops? want to dodge more? don't want a limited inventory? open your wallet.

p.s. the game is pretty much dead in korea, it has one server left and hasn't been in their top 20 MMO rankings for over a year. more people play Archeage and TERA than BDO over there.

I can get Tera as it is less demanding, has lolis and beautiful and colorful world, some really cool artstyle, with passable enough combat.

But fucking Archeage? Shit looks like Lineage 2, but runs like ass, not to mention shitty turbo-generic target combat, non-existent art style and being shit in every regard possible.

How is it popular? How can it possible be popular?

It's a single player game that's buy to play with microtransactions.
You're literally not allowed to interact with other players in any other way than grouping with them for 4 minutes to grind out bosses or Gank them which is a pay 2 win extravaganza!
There's no skill involved in the game, it's entirely gear and level based.

To be fair, the game itself is still technically in development. Just spam tickets or the forums with suggestions to make the game better. Also, if you're crying about the grind now, remember the game is supposed to have over 800 levels. It might even go to level 900 hundred for a new circle.

All I know about BDO is that it is the single most graphically beautifully game in all existence right now. They went the right route creating their own custom game engine rather than be another CryClone game. But the best thing they can do now is to license their game engine because they can't create a fun game with those godly graphics so it's time to rent that engine out to someone who can, probably the Japs can do it with some kind of Darksouls clone. Give up on Western devs though. It's all MOBA shit from here on out. Oh and mobile gaming will mean the end for the eastern market soon enough as well due to the fact that every dev is switching to mobile and there's no major releases for MMOs anymore.

You can only get it from an Alchemist who has Magnum Opus level 2 or higher. It's created using a normal one handed spear if I remember correctly and some other stuff. The Koreans would know how.

At this point, me and every dev out there is wondering, what kind of game do people want? With recent successes and cash grabs everyone might as well (and is) making shitty MOBAs and mobile cash grab games for casuals.

I've been waiting forever for Lineage III, except we get Lineage Eternal which is just a prettier Diablo with better mechanics. Why doesn't NCsoft steal the BDO engine already like that jap did theirs?

Non-combat stuff is always a plus. But I was talking about having loads of different stuff to combat with, and combating them beacuse I want to, not because the game told me to.
There can be some monsters there, but If I don't want to kill those and the quests require moe too, then I'm fucked.
It's great when the classes vary a lot from each other, I remember ragnarok with this one, payon dungeons were great spots for clerics specifically, since they had holy attacks and the monsters there were all undead, every other class had better places to go in those levels, but still could go there with a friend or if they wanted to kill zombes. There were some maps with plant monsters that were really strong but couldn't move, so mages and rangers had a good time there and for melee characters that map sucked., there were no quests requiring anyone to go in either map so if you want to go there you go if you don't you go somewhere else.
That made grinding much better than just "killing whatever monster the game is throwing at you until you're ready to advance to the next monster the game has prepared for you"

Well BDO doesn't have that.
And yeah that was a fun part of RO.

So I was thinking of investing some points into SPR as tank since Magic damage just shreds me to pieces and farming a Sage Wall is not going to happen with my damage output. Also buying one is not possible at my level since everyone wants some 170+ Epic recipe for it. So any thoughts? Also here is my current stats distribution, yea I fucked up on teh Str, but oh well.

You get .2 mdef per spr so it's not worth it at all. You're going to have to rely on equipment, like a cloth set, for mdef.

Switch to Klaipeda after discovering that the SEA server is hosted in Burgerlando anyway.
FUCK

Can't do it, man.

almost missed this post because of all the off-topic.

first thing first, this is a highly theorycrafted build which overlooks some convenience of like things for a more optimized lategame… this is unfun for a first character mostly because it overlooks the learning process. that said
register in the doc in the OP if you're new.

SPR is a bad investment. CON and picking the right cloth set and accessories will have to sustain you through it. don't worry about the STR investment, swordies will get some better STR scaling which makes it quite a bit more worthwhile. i wince at that dex though, i never leveled it and i'm hitting stuff fine

niggah, unless you level as slow as me (theplaya) C3 is a cakewalk. don't sweat it. put details in the OP doc if you haven't yet

well i always do recommend to pick the server that works best for you, its more reasonable than hamfisting everyone into a server that renders the game unplayable. i didn't know SEA server was hosted in the west though, i would have thought it'd be in the area… would make more sense ping-wise.

Quick, name the worst classes in TOS

Rodelero

assuming you mean bad for their rank as swordsman is obviously shit compared to a fencer.
special mention
milage may vary and all of them have their own strengths, but they are often overlooked because they don't beat face as good as alternatives. they are typically polarized to have defined good and bad matchups. coincidentally these are the classes i'm most interested in too because they have the most fun mechanics.

bumpin with the news on cards… this effectively makes the game much more RO-like and at the same time pushes the goalpost for absolute min-max cap that much further. looking for someone autistic enough to give best picks for physical burst, physical dps, tank, magic burst, magic dps, cc and utility to recommend all who may come around asking. pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n

current endgame is:
>max card levels equipped NEW

that's a hell of an endgame. all that to run earth tower and ram against one another in pvp duels, gvg, and team battle soon?. did i miss anything?

Is Physical Link bugged? My friend got OHKO'd when it was up (she has 17k hp). Also happened with me once, dunno why since its supposed to share the damage?

Is skill point saving a thing in this game? I want to spend my ranger points for the next rank.

If its within the same class it works. If not it doesnt.

bump for please respond

I see a pastebin link full of pastebin links. Seems pretty complicated. Is there anything to not wing it and just start smacking things with a sword? How easy is it to seriously gimp a character from lack of foreknowledge?

fixed your pic

iirc if you eat an AoE it doesn't help at all. had a linker die once because he link himself with us meatheads. idk what hit can eat at 17k hp though. report it in the forum and you'll get better feedback if it really is a bug.

same class of higher circle. ie, you can save ranger skill points for ranger 2 and further to ranger 3. but you cannot save points from archer into ranger because it is a different class.

man i'm getting sloppy today
as for grinding potential, the exp gets a severe penalty after ~20 levels but not zero, i hear, still not worth leveling there at all though. the reason to go back and grind area is for chase drops. rare collection stuff, crafting materials, recipes, etc still drop all the same. not to mention monster gems will always be useful.

the hell is ToI?

bottom of the OP has the quick start tips. when in doubt, post your build details in the doc also in the OP and me and the other oldies will look into it eventually. for now use this graph to pick one of the four starting classes and describe what you want to be good at and we'll give you what's workable. else, public builds on tosbase work too. some pick based on what's lacking in the doc, but really its best to play what you feel like. alts are super easy to do too.

spookys doe.

Well it was at that Mercenary misson with the 3 bosses. Maybe it was an stacked aoe, but why would only one person die then? I'd report it in the forum but I'm lazy right now

Playing this game while watching Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? only makes me cry. Cry because, like others ITT have said, it's not measuring up to RO.

well, if it was a one-off thing maybe its not worth the trouble. proof might even be hard to produce if you're only thinking about posting it now.

niggah you're the second coming of imix fam

It actually happened twice, but yeah. I don't really use physical link that much, I'll report it if it happens again though

CRASHING THIS MARKET
WITH NO SURVIVORS

What's the ez way to do party quests again? Something about creating a party and leaving

Make a party and accept a party quest. The easiest ones are "The Disappearance" and "The Enemy's Smell". If you don't get one of these, leave your party and make a new one. You can now accept another quest. Just do this over and over until you get one of the two easy quests.

Should I go Highlander or peltasta?

That depends on what you want to do after C2.

The tips were of yuge help, just hit 51. Strangely tho, I noticed lv 3 exp cards are giving YUUGE amount of exp after I partied with someone. A bug, perhaps? Even after he left, the exp gain is still noticeably larger than usual. I'll post a webm later after I collected enough cards.

It's the XP curve. At several levels it takes a sharp decrease in the amount of XP required to gain a level. So when you're level 46, a level 3 XP card will fill much more of your XP bar than it will at level 45 because the curved suddenly bottomed out. It's not giving more XP than normal but it's a higher percent of the XP required to get to the next level because at certain levels it requires much less XP to get to the next level than it took to get to the last one. This happens at 46, 86, 136, and 186

Solid reply, thanks fam.

Visual aid.

we take guild defectors in the soon to be glassarmour guild.

highlander = offensive 2-handed sword face basher
pentasta = defensive mob aggro puller with good utility

ATTN: Hail-Hydra

You gave up on the boater too early. This guy says you just have to kill 60k in the same channel.

What is this bootleg Nostale shit?

Is this class based dress and is it Korean ver only? I will quit the shitty English version then.

chill your stamina pills nigga, its a costume that will make its way into iToS soon enough.

If I am not too late, go pelt unless you plan on using 2h swords forever.
Reason, Highlander gets crossguard (block with 2h swords) and a crit atk buff for 2h, but pelt gets to be actually useful in a party (along with active guard w/ shields and an 18% eva buff from attributed r1 guardian). If you only want to be able to whip out a sword as big as yourself on occazion, go Barb in c3, they get the attribute for 2h (as well as have a lot of good stuff) but will let you tonk in parties if you need to.

Nigga they got rid of the level cap on exp share. You can still help them catch up to you.

Anyone here playing on Varena? Need some company on the grind to 280

All these afker bee farmers. and not one group around.

is Dina's really a good place to grind?

I came here to quest and noticed the bees spawn stupid fast and in groups of 20, also easy to kill, so yea I would say.

I'm torn between Thaumaturge or Elementalist for r5, what do? (I'll be going alch 2 and have a cryo/chrono partner)

Thau since you're going alch. That way people will still want to actually party with you and there are a gorillion eles out there as it is that will be way stronger than you especially since you're going alch. A bonus, thau is relatively rare but that's due to the lack of understanding of the potential of the class.

So why does this game run so horribly? I don't think there were a dozen people in the town square and it was killing the frame rate.

I only play this character with a friend who's cryo, that's why I thought I could go for Ele1 and work it out. Ended up turning into Sorc decided by flipping a coin

It's almost acceptable after dicking about with .xml files but this kimchi shit feels like it's emulated.

I'm on Varena (Praesidia is the account name). There's also another guy on Varena getting screwed out of playing by shit internets.

Add yourself to the Google Doc so I know what level you're at.

Getting kinda tired of this shit. The game is starting to crash and freeze a lot more often.

It only dips below 60 FPS for me in combat. I'm running the game on WINE, too.

oddly enough, its been more stable for me since the servers reopened, I've got disconnected only twice in 3 days

What are you running? No problems here with that but the game is still buggy for obvious reasons. They never should have let this game left beta.

go thaum. the shenanigans are worth. through comparing a support class and a dps class really should be an easy choice depending on what you were building for previously so its strange that you'd be asking at all. like, if you have linker in there then i expect you to go thaum, if you have wiz 3 then i expect you to go elementalist.

niggah thats a decision one shouldn't make lightly. the card farming and leveling shenanigans is no easy task.

mid-range pc with shitty ph net and its still playable for me, albeit a constant 10-20 fps unless alone in a finaldestination-ish map. no crashes and freezing (at least not from the game, the pc rarely does).

maybe look around IMC customer support and you could find something.

That pic makes me so fucking sad…

Meh, I'll just use a chapparition card I got to lv4. This one's gonna be a potion whore anyways

eh, it's not a great PC

4gb ram
i3 3.07ghz each core
windows 10

But I usually get 30+ fps on average days and 50-60 on good days.

The game worked smoothly for a long while up until recently, then it started freezing while loading, or just CTDing.

Sometimes I'd get disconnected, but the game would freeze at that point

I think I just need to uninstall/reinstall

Found the problem.

nah, the game worked fine up until recently.

Verified the installation with steam and it said it needed to redownload one file. Hope that's fixed it.

FUCK FORT TOPES F1!

These fucking axe bitches, man!

I hate this place with a passion.

I'll help you farm them since I need it the card myself, shit DirtyPenguin a tell in game

i'm not going to act like i know what's wrong, your best bet is the forums fam.

though i'm on an i5 so my toaster seems to be be able to toast 67% more toast than yours which could explain it; i'm not going to write off the ability of an i3 to run this game. its not like there's highres textures and shit to load anyway.

chill mang. skip the place. i did and i plan to come back with a vengeance one day.

hell i could even invite you to the axebitch 1-shotting party one day.

that was way more confusing that it should have been. "shoot me a PM"?

Just what on earth were they thinking releasing the game this early? Wish PSO2 came here but that's never going to happen.

I want to cuddle and hold hands with Gabija!

they didn't want to release the game, they were just pressured from every corner to release the stable version. by every corner i do mean nexon korea (publisher), valve (because "a fan" uploaded it to greenlight and it got approved in the first hour), fans (remember the supposed 3mo early access?), and most especially those who expressly said they will buy into the early access which sealed guaranteed moneybucks.

end of the day, its still a business and when people vote with their wallet there will certainly be action.

we all had a taste of gabija's juicy dic back in CBT. nostalgia fuel mang.

also Lada best goddess

Can't connect to server pls what is this help me.

see

or just check the official website.

we getting cards and gems trading yo. i wish they also put in the card effects. i'm so ready for that.

Only between your own alts.

In this patch? Where the fuck is the swordie buff???

its one of those "you had me at hello" moments when i read the bolded parts.

it gets patched in Soon™ for sure.

Do any of the caster classes have pantsu? I feel like I rolled the wrong class for delicious pantsu.

The one with the shortest skirt.

So far from what I have seen, none. What a shame, as Warrior and Archer classes have tiers with costumes that have short skirts, but nothing for Wizard and Cleric.

there is a reason i never saved the male cleric sitting down pic.

your best bet is probably cryo, linker or thaum. go forth and creep.

Not played since the early betas, did they fix the movement controls since?

I'm pretty into BDO, and it's not a Sandbox. That dude is retarded.

How do I become a Halberd warrior? Is it viable and have I already messed up?
I'm lv.31 and a Highlander. I got my two swordfighter buffs to +5 and leveling the AOE's as Highlander now. I hope there's hope.
Ty.

There was something wrong with the movement controls? Or do you mean how Jump checks how fast you can move forward at the start if you keep the stick held rather than constantly, making jumping over something next to you a tad awkward.

Because that's honestly just git gud: it's a very well-defined mechanical constraint that, once you learn to work with it, you won't even notice.

Halberds aren't a thing. There are spears though.

2h spears are as close as we got, Dragoon or Cataphract gets you access to them. Not sure if memelander's crossblock wven works with 2h spears.

Any tips on which one I should take and certain things I should skill? Also are Spears viable?
Thanks again, being a pleb is suffering.

I mean how WASD wasn't cardinal directions or how the mouse was fucked. Basically are the controls less shit now?

Why do you niggers intentionally try to find the least optimized games? Absolutely every time.

As if brute forcing a shit game with enough hardware makes it right.
>>>/reddit/

always check your friend list and tell them good night before exiting

closest to halberd is 2h spears and no, sorry, highlander doesn't sync up well with cataphract or dragoon because of the weapon compatibility (highlanders specialize in 2h swords). at a measely lvl 31 you can easily just reroll man. peltasta generally loved more than highlander mostly for swash buckle too which is a huge aoe taunt.

register in the doc (see OP) and look around. you're among friends, most of us are meathead swordies and i'm personally a cataphract, albeit i never want to give up my beloved shield.

if your only problem is the controls, go for a console controller and deal with it. keyboard controls are very suitable for the game while mouse can't really work with swordsmen and cleric because the whole chasing moving shit fucks out.

As someone who just decided to give this shit a go, the answer is a resounding NO. The default keys are still fucking arrow keys (What the hell, did I get teleported to 1998 somehow?) and the game clearly wants you to use a controller… except you can't configure it ingame. I just got done editing the xml, and now it's ignoring my controller entirely.

It's a fucking joke.

Yo, I'm still alive,just quit my job and didn't pay my internet bill yet :^)

Why are you on hate chan and not in the streets selling that boi pussy to make ends meat?

Thanks for the answer.
I would love to play with a shield but I don't want to be a Tank that deals close to no damage.

i haven't hit utter rockbottom yet, getting close tho

Wasd has always been cardinal since icbt1; mouse might be shit but then, I use mouse strictly for targetting
Brining in
Keyboard Only (sensibly) used arrow keys, m+k used wasd or mouse even in fucking icbt1, and since the public release, there has been an in game menu to remap everything.

You autistic cunts never cease to impress me with how fast you fail to navigate menus and try out alternate settings before whining that "waa waa it doesn't work". All you had to do was either use the mouse a bit so it shifted you to m+k, not use the arrow keys (they put you in ko), or click on the m+k control scheme option in the top fucking right of the settings menu a three year old could find.

Fuckers need to apply themselves, god damn.

I've been thinking of masking a Chaplain/Pardoner.
Any opinions on this build?
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222caa.15213544.1f3f5aa5.152545.1a45558a

making*

So I'm about to hit C6 and wanted to see if going Diev was a good option? Since I'm already a buff bot, why not go all the way?
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41322277.152535.253545.1a354555659aa5.112737455565

Don't bother. Go Oracle/Plague Doctor instead.

I've been stuck at level 74 for a bit now, did I miss anything? I just reached the Royal Mausoleum.

Since you just hit Royal mausoleum, know that on each floor there is an event that spawns crap loads of mobs for 5mins at a time. Find a group to do these events so farm some good xp. The thing that starts the even is a big oval egg looking thing with scroll work on it, hard to miss.

Don't like Plague and don't plan to pvp.

Did you go to orsha and do all the maps and quests on that side? You get basically twice as many XP cards that way.

I don't recall any egg things.

I think I stopped after the rescue, let me continue that then.

Do the Orsha quests just stop after making the crystal for the two kids?

everybody new here, register in the doc

also, for quick response to concerns, look for fellow anons here:
discordapp.com/channels/184328493784498176/184328493784498176

underrated pun

the doc mang.

don't take tank circles (ie. rodelero) or higher peltasta circles. you can't beat 2hands in terms of damage if you carry a shield, but you don't be dealing shit damage. the tradeoff is fine, just don't expect to break face if you choose to keep the shield. i'm running 2str-1con cata2 right now and its pretty good, i can swap to 2hand spear if my party needs more deeps. i'm planning on stacking mdef and being anti-mage skewerbaus one day so zalia shield is my baby until i farm up a sage wall

press T for thoughts
press P for prayers

this guy gets it.

might just be me and my lack of playing clerics, but i've never seen the point of oblation and indulgentia seems nice to have albeit expensive to use.

as i tell everyone, unless you're really fucking sure about your build, don't pic a rank lower than what's prescribed by your current rank. suddenly going diev at rank 6 and 7 means you're carrying the equivalent potency of a rank 4 (priest 3) all the way from rank 5 to 7. i'm not even a fan of you taking both krivis and priest but it seems to be sunk already. definitely consider going oracle instead.

check the bottom of the OP for reminders. just chill and have fun. don't worry, we won't bully. i'm still 147 after all this time.

Where?
Post a working link you fag.

Sorry, Gabo's a retard

Opinions on this build? I'm working on it right now.
tos.neet.tv/skill-
planner#3144418g.1a354a55.1f4f5a65.253545.253545
Full str, adding some CON but I've no idea how much, probably around 40. I assumed cloaking and headshot would work nicely together.

bad link

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3144418g.1a354a55.1f4f5a65.253545.253545

Looks fine, besides 5 points in Flu Flu, only 1 point is needed.

He meant the dungeon before the Royal Mausoleum itself

Ah ok. Also.

God lord where have you been all my life?

It's not that.
It's that it grants you a second attack deal in a row.
Simple as that. And the damage bonus increases as the level of the skill does.

Enjoy being a constantly moving machinegun, soloing bosses by running around them and not giving a shit about summoned mobs.

Archer 2 doesn't get you much other than 25% crit rate and a better multishot. If you go heavy dex, the 25% crit rate might be worth it.

Go rogue instead and get 70% additional crit from behind, the feint barrage wombo combo, and capture.

Other than that:
0/10 full draw. You should drop 4 points from oblique and put it towards full draw. Oblique doesn't scale too well, but the mana cost does.
0/15 critical shot. Same with oblique shot; put a point in it for a 0s spam with +62% crit
0/5 spiral arrow. Max this. Who doesn't take a 600% multiplier skill.
5/5 flu flu. Same with Oblique shot. 1pt wonder
0/5 covering fire. This is an amazing AOE for musketeer. Probably worth more than penetrating shot

You'll end up with a pretty decent build. Good aoe (feint barrage/covering fire/bounce shot/flare shot) and good single target (spiral arrow/flare shot/headshot/snipe/critical shot). Go low dex, as critical shot and sneak hit would take care of your crit.

Oh the possibilities.

I see it now. Thanks for the correction.

Since you are helping an archer, I might as well throw my question.

so far, im archer> QS3 and the idea it seems is to go to Archer2, but I am starting to question this. Multi shot sounds great as I am more str than dex right now, but I have rapid fire and Running shot. The only reason I would go Archer2 is for the crit buff and to see if kneeling shot stacked with running shot, or if its even worth it.

If archer2 isn't a good idea, what should I go?

Why would you want kneeling shot with running shot? It defeats the purpose of Running shot. At least IMO.

Also, Oblique Shot best shot.

QS3 is build defining.
You're essentially stuck with auto attacks as your main DPS. The only things left for you to look for are more buffs to auto attacking, or utility skills. A few options:
Rogue for sneak hit's crit, as you're mainly str. Very reliant on position/enemy facing.
Archer for the 25% crit rate on swift step, and kneeling attack speed. Benefits dex heavy builds, but you're stationary, and it makes you ping dependent.
Scout for cloak
Scout/falconeer for flying barrel meme.
Musketeer for high damage, long cooldown skills

The other option is try to turn QS3 as your utility skills and switch to another dps skill.

Kneeling shot further increases attack speed and range. On dex heavy builds, dex will increase base damage by a significant margin, and will be further increased by the running shot multiplier and the crit rate that comes with dex.

Huh. Didn't know/think of that.

Figured the attack speed would stack to high hell.

I do not mind auto attacks if I can shoot at the speed of fuck.

I am thinking of skipping archer2 then, but I can't make up my mind on Rogue or Scout. Is the cloaking skill that useful?

Or would I fuck up NOT taking archer for that 25% crit buff?

Forgot to finish my train of thought.

Caltrops and pavise are amazing utility skills, and stone shot is an amazing pvp skill. You can easily go fletcher for meme arrow dps (which is a similar build defining trap).

PvE would consist of barbed arrow spam for trash, crossfire spam for AoE (not great, but decent AoE damage), and meme arrow for bosses.

PvP would be pavise, caltrop setup, then stone arrow>meme arrow > stone arrow. Good 1v1, but shitty GvG

It's not 25% crit. It's 25% crit RATE. You need a good amount of dex for it to be useful. If you're already heavy str, it's probably better to go rogue as it is additional crit.

For bossing, rogue would be best with a good tank. Every other situation the archer2 crit rate would be better.

Cloak is nice for deaggroing (though you might end up killing your healer by doing so). It's also nice for questing, as you can run past archers/casters who have unavoidable damage.

Scout's barrel would make it so you can tank a ton of physical damage while auto attacking.

Can you attack while inside the barrel while flying with the hawk?

Ok, I get it now.

What about from a pvp/gvg outlook? What are the differences between Scout and Rogue?

Great tips. Dipped a point to Crit Shot but it isn't useful atm since my b. damage isn't very high. I'll be getting rogue fo sho

It's a meme build. I know you can auto from barrels and from hanging shot, but I haven't confirmed both at the same time. I'm sure there's a vid of it out there.

pvp/gvg, cloaking would allow you to pick off wiz/clerics in suicide runs. Sneak hit would be good for staying near front line, and finishing off people trying to run away. Capture has ridiculous potential, but the long cooldown and reliance on tile/lingering skills is questionable.

It isn't a very reliable damage increase. You should notice a small increase in base damage, but the crit % should be noticeable. It should be 60-100% higher than your auto attack damage in the long run. It'll be a filler skill while you're waiting on spiral arrow, multi shot, or feint/barrage cooldowns. It'll drain your mana, but that's what potions are for.

So right now, the best idea is to go 1 of scout, and 1 of rogue before Muskeeter regardless.

Now its a matter of which to do first.

I'm not advocating for scout/rogue, I was just giving options.

Just remember you're losing the kneeling shot attack speed/dex damage, and a weaker multi shot.

Cloaking is nice (+5 mov and no aggro), but not necessary. Flare shot is good (only 5 pts is fairly short), but long cooldown. Barrel is meh (makes you near immobile), but good for bossing
The feint/barrage is an amazing combo (vid will probably persuade you to go rogue first). Sneak hit is good for parties.Capture is situational, but fun (if you want to grief, you can steal traps, cure/zaibas setups, carnivory, stop, etc.).

The attack speed from Running Shot does stack with Kneeling Shot. This is the basis of the machinegun turret build, which is A2/QS3. If you go down that path, consider getting either:

I might just have to go archer2 then rogue, then muskeeter.

Sure the damage bonus of kneeling shot is based off dex, but thats more speed I can use, and range.

And the rogue bonuses can help with my auto attacks. besides, when the cap is increased, who says I cant go rogue3, or scout for some sneaky shit, right?

Now that I think about it, the fuck does flare shot even do?

There is only one place one can stand still and survive and its in Siauliai mission where you wait for 3 minutes

Archer 2 is only worth taking for lvl 10 multishot/swift step but that means you cant go either QS or Ranger without gimping yourself

20 cancelled physical attacks with minor movement penality at lvl 4, allows for one point in flu flu. This is the best tanking/panic button skill there is for the scout, mostly because cloak is removed when getting hit.

Scout is just a set of tools rather than a self relying class. If that guy already went QS3 he'd rather go for Rogue/fletcher else he is gonna feel and be weak.

No you fucking dont nigger, its too late for that now. Save yourself the pain of redoing your archer from nothing because it turned to shit and go rogue 2 then musketeer.

Did I do something wrong going QS3?

you'll be doing something wrong if you downrank after being QS3

At this point I know my auto attack is my biggest thing since running shot. If I go rogue2, all I can think of is Back stab unless I am missing something here, which is possible.

If you play Rogue then you'll have an easy time getting behind enemies and getting that amazing backstab damage.

Sounds tempting. I wouldn't mind some of the shit they offer. I'll give it some thought, thanks.

before I forget, does our offhand dagger add damage to crossbow shots?

Only if its a damage buff, like an Arde

QUICK!
somebody ask about swordsman, specifically cataphract stuff!

i'm feeling left out not knowing all the archer stuffs. lol

gold sellers stopped giving a fuck it seems

kneeling shot is fine. I already mentioned the immobility of it. The dex damage bonus is pretty huge.

Barrel is only useful against archers and large AoE bosses. Otherwise you're better off moving 3 ft.
It's pretty much immobile, and it stacks with slow additively. You can't move at all if a mob can cast slow because you have 10 mov speed to attempt to move out of the way.

Fletcher is a 0s and 5s cooldown class. It is not usable with an auto attack build. I already mentioned this when I mentioned using qs3 as utility skills and something else as dps.

'Downranking' class choices is not gimping yourself. Cryo wall combo is extremely strong still and it requires downranking. There are plenty of other examples of downranking being the better choice.

Backstab isn't that impressive without karacha set. And being reliant on a set will gimp you when new content is released.

Rogue 2's Evasion on other hand is supposedly flat evasion which for low dex builds is pretty amazing.

No, the meta for quite awhile was A>QS3>A2>*> musket.

Some people did a3 for full dex kneeling running shot for 2.5+ attacks per sec with +400 base damage. Easily one of the strongest single target damage at the current 280 cap, but it's pretty limited with utility/survival. It's outdpsed by fletcher meme arrow, but only for bosses.

Some did scout for PvP for cloaking, and flare shot for AoE.

I personally would recommend rogue, as you're already strength based. If you're looking for PvP, Scout.

And I wouldn't recommend mixing str/dex for your build. The Str/dex scaling is divergent (with the current speculated equations); strength is strictly better until your base damage reaches a certain threshold.

Where do I get anvils?
Jewgle tells me to go to merchants but none of them have anvils to sell. I'm lvl 38 if that's important.
Maybe I can do that after 40?

its on the 2nd page of the merchant. this is the merchant that sells pots and teleport scrolls. click the right arrow in the window.

Thanks mate.

Pic related, because right now it looks like you drew a line fan on a grid for kicks, then used it as part of your "argument".

I never intended to post it, but the topic came up. It's % damage compared to base damage vs %of stat points in str

The different lines are different base damages. The low base damage is increased significantly based on str. The high isn't. The graph is based on lvl 280 r7, and I omitted the legend of the base damages

Percent of stat points in str is a terrible scale unit in a game like this one, mostly because of stat-ues and revelation stats and the absurdly high level cap… but the bonus stat points for faithfulness don't help.

That's also then not dex vs str, that's str vs…. percent of damage from weapon? With some crit factored in since str is linear and wouldn't produce a curve like that.

It also is likely not normalizing crits because no dex means no critting. Yes, when you crit, they feel it. But you won't fucking crit, and crit scaling is… odd, but partially multiplicative and increases with str. Means there really should be a sweet spot somewhere in the middle where you crit often enough and hard enough to have higher damage output than no dex and all dex- or at least beat some lower amount of dex (a cubic-like graph would be as sensible as a negative quadratic-like). Instead we get a monotone increasing graph, which makes no fucking sense.

Really fucking bad graph, the guy who made it should be ashamed.

definition: normalization is pulling the chance out of the function so you get a chanceless "average" damage which can then be compared to other crit-normalized damage values. Eg, if you have a 15% chance to do 300% damage, and your base damage is 50, your "normalized" damage would be 50 * 0.85 + 150 * 0.15 = 72.5 damage

Er, not quite monotone increasing, but you get the idea. The lines are predominantly monotone, and that just doesn't really make sense for a curved graph given how this game scales. The spikes around 40% and 72% are interesting (there's a few more, but those are the most obvious), but….

I might be more inclined to believe it actually did do things if it wasn't just so objectively terrible of a graph. But that bad of a graph makes me inclined to assume the data's bad (or mishandled), too.

fuck replying to myself a third time
Also, what about crit rate buffs like green gems and Finnestra? If those are factored in, we'd have to shift the crit chance left, which would vastly change the graph as well. While that could be one of the lines, I doubt it since they all started at different points (all strangely over 120%).

It is normalized to base damage. The%into str assumes all other points into Dex. That is why the graph does not start at 100%

Again, I never intended to post it, and when I get home I can show all of the parameters and equations that were involved. It is properly scaled with bonus stats per point invested. The general idea is that Dex and str is divergent based on base damage

The spikes are based on crit hitting 0% and accuracy being less than 100%.

I look forward to seeing the full data and a non-shit graph; I'll help

Also >all other points in dex
Wew no con

1 soul crystal
1 megaphone
everyday

this is my life now

g'night all!

Well fuck me.

It's not that bad, I dropped one on my 4th run, I think
It could be 0.2% chanceFucking Chupacabra ears

That was during beta, people now think they changed the droprate for release to 1% or less. I've opened over 100 cubes and still haven't gotten an arde. I was able to just buy one eventually.

I might have to do that, but I'm not sure what to sell for the dosh.

I got 2 in a row. after 3 weeks fo farming the place on two characters

So I'm lvl 160 and stuck now. Can't farm bees due to all teh bots and afk farmers and doing maps is getting even slower. Is there anywhere else I can go to look for a farming party besides Bees?

You could go back to Demon Prison 2, but other than that I'd suggest using cards to get to 177 and Rank 6.

I'll keep that in mind

Say when is the xp reset? last one was 136, so guessing 186?

Yeah it's 186

Hold the phone, can I use running shot with guns?

Yes,
However Pistol and Cannon are Off-Hand only and Rifle is out-damaged by Crossbow + Pistol/Dagger.

there are no required stances so chances are that you could.

What's the best GvG classes right now anyway?

Seems like pet and tamer classes are doomed since their pets will die so quickly.

I might have to stick with the crossbow anyway, as it gives running shot a 2 level boost. This makes me wonder if there is a gem just for running shot.

isn't there a gem for every skill?

If you're QS3 you use (Didel) Grand Cross anyway, so yeah.
Also getting Didel Grand Cross is difficult as fuck.

The Gem drops from Deadborn Scap Archers in kings plateau but I've seen a Guy killing 27k without getting a single gem.

Crossbow + Pistol/Dagger out-damages both bow and rifle.
Rifle is used only for Musketeer skills (and thus are heavily affected by the weapon swap fps drops).
Bow only for Flying enemies.

My sheet can reserve points for con, but it doesn't really change the conclusion.

The crit% and hit% equation is based on the PDF.

Why does no one do the 160 dungeon? Waited almost an hour in que for nothing.

The 160 dungeon drops nothing good and gives shit exp. People skip it and use their runs on the 130 dungeon for a chance of Pentamion instead.

This is also the reason why all the leveling guides out there advise to save up exp cards to skip from 160 to 175.

I don't wanna go to the church.
managed to finally pass it with a fucking spic team.
I don't speak spanish, so it was incredibly confusing.
It was also hilarious to see a mexican player run up shouting absolute gibberish and suddenly giving me a party invite.
I was a linker, but at C1, I wasn't much of use.
Entire team, except for me and another guy were like level 20-30.

pantsu edition
so lets talk abotu some actual pantsu.

there are arguments on whether or not fencer goes commando or is wearing tights, what is your opinion on this pressing issue?

what makes it difficult is the limited runs doe.

easiest silver is to just farm for a rare item, the passive silver drops will accumulate over time and the rare item drop will pay off.

two notables that come to mind are vubbe fighter blood and lizard amber thing.

go back to low level maps and finish all the kill monster requirements for exp cards.

do the fedimian mission quest guy for an exp card of your level. i think you can do 5 of these a day.

this is speculation but from the video i would hazard a guess

iirc there's more gems than skills even. some gems have no skills to boost.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I never actually looked at the crit rate formula, that thing is fucking harsh. Not as bad for Archers, though, thanks to a mix of the free lv/5 and swift step, but it's disgusting for swordies. Makes it a bit too hard to get a decent crit chance going- hell, Cleave's +50 is only 4.2% at lv500.

Seeing this does make that graph make a lot more sense, though I'd still suggest redoing the labels to be points invested, or make the axis label "% Points in STR (rest in Dex)" or something of the like, with an added note at the top indicating this is lv280 rank 7 with 15 bonus points. Also I have to ask, why'd you scale your base damages by 120% exponential per line, and start at 500?

I really fucking hope Fen3 gets a skill with a crit buff, seeing this is really fuckin' saddening; I don't want to need multiple insanely high-level green gems just to salvage going semi-ham in dex.

can someone translate this properly?
tos.nexon.com/community/tosnotice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=399

Base starting at 500 is about what a good weapon at 280 will be. Basically the top line is auto attack with no buffs.

The exponential is because that is how the equation tends to space out the damage lines.

Dex is not the best for damage (except for the high damage hitters like musketeer and cannoneer, but the one factor you need to consider is PvP evasion (much higher than what I put in for mob evasion) and your own evasion.

If I significantly increase the target's evasion, then the equation has a noticeable local maxima.

I honestly wouldn't take a swordie into pvp for damage anyways.

Eva, though, is a good point for survivability's sake, though, since a very large number of boss attacks are physical (even Harpeia's Zybas is physical).

I realized skill damage also contributes to that amount, and that might help "recover" the build in terms of damage output to a respectable output level.

Fuck it, carded from 160 to 176. PIcked up Rodelero C2 since I'm retarded and going to stick with it. Now where do I go to grind besides the lvl 175 Dungeon?

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

at that level you should be hunting for BiS shit already. as a rode, you'll probably want sage wall. catacombs blade also looks promising although i have no idea how good added damage from enemy block value is. megas sword also good for a bit more hp and eva (if you even use eva).

for more tanking and for more melee-ness… also slithering, gotta love that slithering.

Yea I want Sage Wall, but I don't have 5mil to buy the recipe or can run the lvl 220 dungeons for a chance of of getting a catacombs recipe or manamana to trade for it.

Like he said. I got it for Slithering. Also I'm retarded and like to take each class to at least C2.

bumpan with some kToS costumes that will inevitably take forever to get to iToS.

Don't you die on me dammit

Hey guys, so I got to lv. 50 and finished the first dungeon like three times. Now it tells me I can't do it anymore.
What's the point of a ASIAN grinder game when I can't even grind?

I mean it's not like the maximum is 50 or 100 runs. It's literally 2-4

Yeah, dungeons are limited to a daily number of entries.

If you need more exp though, go start the missions at the other city you didn't go to and do them from the very start, the cards help a lot, even low level ones.

I have like 30-50 lv.2 and 3 exp scrolls but was told to wait with them until the next big levelup: 94-96

I'm pretty sure the next hump is 84-86. You're 10 levels off.

Don't worry about the exp though. Even if you do the bare minimum every map, as long as you go do the other cities story and get those cards, you're all set.

Here you go you cunts, the exp curve.

Is there something similar for Classlevel? Mine's 8 now and I'd like it to be 15 so I can finally play Cata

And now get ready for the TRUE form of the exp curve.

Prepare for trauma.

tosbase.com/game/exp-tables/class/

Thanks alot guys. I'm sorry for shitting up your thread as I've got no idea what I'm doing.

Nigger, We've all been clueless about this at some point
What's your team name, fam, I'll party up with you for a while

Anyway to get into the guild yet I've asked a few times but not recently.

SonjaSloot
I'm on yurop server though

Pray you're around when Cider is on to invite. Otherwise no way possible

I barely know what this means.

I assume it's going back and forth. That is what I do.

This games guild system is so fucky, It shouldn't be this hard to manage a frigging guild.

I know that feel. The anticipation of being so close to your chosen class, yet so far, exp-wise, is way frustrating.

I just hit Cata earlier today. Shit's so good, man. Earth Wave is a good skill, and the gofast is hermhem delish, even if I'm only at level 1 with it.

Yeah.
Also about the mount. Is it worth saving up for it? And should I buy the cheapest one?

No. You get a voucher when you complete the cata quest.

Now that's what I call dank

Cider is online right now. Ask him.

What's easy about it? Is there some good drop I'm unaware of?

Just got back from store whats his team name so i can PM him?

Oh! I just found another dungeon for level 50. Guess there isn't one for every bigger level

Cider's Team name is Cider

Sent Cider a msg got nothing back

Cider is a faggot like that. Unless you really make it miserable for him, he doesn't do shit. Nice dubs by the way.

Cider is ignoring me.

He's idling right now. Go find him and fuck his face until he sends you a guild invite.

Is there any chance to get a one or -twohanded spear except in the Auction House?
I'm lvl. 70 and still have one from a lv.40 quest. It's +5 but my enemies don't seem to care about my attacks as much anymore.
Anything else is fine I guess, I level 3:1:2 - Str:Con:Dex

It's normal, you're on the 70 to 75 slope. At 75, you'll start dropping appropriate level weapons (low ilvl though) of you can just go buy the highest ilvl white one at the auction house.
See if you can craft it as well, might save some money.

I can't do that since I've only been playing for 2 or 3 days and I have to have played for a week to get ANYTHING working in terms of trade.

lv 75 white weapons cost 40 to 50k at most.
You can farm 50k in half an hour without even putting effort into it.

Maybe I worded it wrong.
If I want to buy anything in the AH or trade with someone the game tells me to wait until my character is at least seven days old.
I don't know much about this game but this seems to be a fact.
Also I'm not stingy but thanks.

Okay, so what you want is a Grand Spontoon. It's from a chest in Crystal Mine Lot 2. It's a lvl100 map though, so you're basically just going to have to run through it like a madman. It's a level 2 chest so you need a lvl2 key, but you should have some of those by now.

Woops, meant to

Different guy but I'm also interested in that. I'm 81, so I should be able to run through it easily as HELL though.

Do you mind telling me in what general area of the map it's in?

what's a good grind spot for a 72?

This is also a question I have. My quests lead me to areas I've never been to before and don't even tell me what general direction to go to. So I just hope I'll get there eventually

…oh, the anti bot measures strike again.
As if bots will get caught within a week before starting market shenenigans again.

Fugg :-DDDD

Time to put the pedal to the metal.

wrong, thats the lvl 3 chest with the horns recipe.

Woops. Fixed.

Just made it out of there on a mad dash to get it. I thought it'd be a bit more harrowing once I saw faggot mages spitting unavoidable homing fireballs at me, but my high hp pool saw me through. The other guy should be able to do it to it as well once he has his mount.

Time to grind up to make it. I'll probably just buy the two spontoons necessary, since I think they were fairly cheap at the flea market.

5fbaa0 and ad356c need to add themselves to the doc and PM Cider while he's online to get a guild invite.

So how do you become a loli capitalist merchant?

By being a cleric.

I am now awake and ready to accept your cock in to my ass.

U better be ready im going in dry fegit

Reminder to everyone that if you ever get a monster gem drop, TELEPORT THAT ASS TO TOWN AND BANK IT.

If you die with a monster gem on you, there's a good chance it gets destroyed. RIP Rabbe gem..

On that note, how do people sell/buy monster gems? Aren't they untradeable?

them getting destroyed is probably a subset of them being untraceable, nobody could pick it up after you die. that's an easy way to get around the untradable restriction if it just dropped.

unless there's been new things added…
>you can't trade monster gems or cads yet
there used to be a bug where you could still trade items that have a gem in it though. dunno if this has been patched out.

I just want into the guild…

reminding everyone that for immediate concerns, our well-trained player support team is on standby to help all in need.

Simply contact them through

Explain this bullshit

ok, slapping some math onto that thing…

The chance of even getting that far with no fails is 0.38%

The cost to upgrade a 7* isn't in the list but i'll just assume its almost double of the +6 rate. so M = 110,000 and I = 31,000

Total cost = M x [(0.5 x Lv^2) + Lv] + I
= 110,000 x [ (0.5 x 21^2) + 21 ] + 31,000
= 26,596,000 silver

it has lost 5 potential so its assumed that he failed 5x at cheapest going to +6 or at the most expensive failing 5x at going to +21. i don't want to draw the table for that so just use your imagination.

long story short, that weapon is worth more than what i ever intent to potentially make in ToS.

I don't understand how these people have that kind of cash to burn. Shit I'm lvl 177 and made under 3mil so far and that with selling in the market. After buying skill upgrades i'm down to a little under 2mil. And that's not even upgrading any skill pass 15% damage. I don't even want to know how much its going to cost to upgrade all my skills to max.

Did my first dungeon run as a Linker and the group finder placed me in a party with no healer. Run was more of actual running than fighting.

Holy shit. Also I thought upgrades would only go up to +15 but I guess there's no (hard) upper limit then?

Get used to it. If you want that 600% XP buff from the "search" option.

I been in a lot of runs with no healer, where I'm forced to taunt and just run in circles while team kills everything. I also seen a lot of runs where its nothing but fucking support, can't die, but fuck we do no fucking damage.

some people have a lot of time.

i once fought a low level swordsman with a +12 five hammer with five lvl 5 green gems.

no healer runs are the most fulfilling runs. sitting in a campfire, actually talking. less chance of just standing there doing skill rotations. actual threat of failure. makes the runs annoyingly long though.

No kidding, try to regen 25k HP with only a campfire.

I am now a pirate. Outfit is fucking adorable. Tricorns when.

Taunt and circle nonmagic? Odd, what are you? I'm running a 3-2-6 ish str con dex swordie and I am practically unhittable with pelt's r1 attributed guardian and active guard going. I just get up in its face, drop barb burst combos, and raise the shield when attacks are gonna land.

Honestly my admiral feels tankier against nonmagic than my roughly 1-4 str con tonk with hoplite for finnestra's block amp

Maybe if you don't know to use plate glove/lower/boots with a leather top for golem and poata, cloth top for hedgehog, and leather or plate (depending on how well you dodge the slams) top for tree.
And or don't not move out of attacks.
And or don't buy the currently dirt fuckin' cheap (on Klai, anyway) lv10 alchemist pocket clerics.

Your con should make the sitting regen plus campfire heal you pretty fast, though

Reminds me of another MMO I played where healers were so rare, parties actually paid for one to join them.

Any newcomers around the 20-25 mark want to grind?

I'm pretty sure there's an exploit with Chronomancer Backmasking. If your upgrade fails, you can turn back time and try again.

It isn't that bleak, thank god, the matcher is just terrible.

A feiend of mine constantly gets 2-4 clerics (including himself) is his runs.

Woah really? I REALLY wanna fuck around with backmasking now!

Show us your semen demons!

rip seamen demons

Complete newfag here. Everything is going well so far.
It would be a shame and a dishonor to put my name on the excel sheet at this point in time. It does not even feel like I am out of the tutorial at this point, even after 8 hours.
Fun fact: 'incest' does not make it past the character name censor.

I completed the Cata quest and didn't get a mount. What happened? I spent most of my money pls save me Holla Forums.

1. Go to the companion vendor
2. Speak to him
3. Receive understanding

I am an idiot. Thank you.

Tanking bosses is not an issue without a healer, but tanking everything before the boss is. unless we have damn good AoE, or the place is short, no reason to break all my gear before I even get to the final boss.

For build I'm a Pelt 3/Rod 2 112 Str 160 Con 40Dex

Oh you're talking dungeons not merc missions.

I forgot partyfinder was even an option for dungeons, shows how little I do non-bossrush dungeons.

Honestly I'd rather do premades for dungeons. Boss rushing because level matching is unnecessary, and full clears because I can raise the average IQ of the party.

The current partyfinder is designed best for level range dependant bossrushing (which needs bodies more than roles), which the first merc mission essencially is.

also, you know youcan paraphrase in your meme arrows, rather than wholesale quote, right? I mean, shit, the post is linked, you don't need to remind anyone what was said word for word.

That's pretty fucked up, but does your money reset as well?

My party leader pirate hat is glitched, it keeps giving me the crown instead. This a known bug? There any way around it?

Ar-har, well, matey, I can't says I've run into a bug such as that meself, whene'er I wuz inna party wi' Capn Elf, 'iz hat always be a bicorn

Only other people see the hat on your party icon.

Friend of mine saw crowns, too.
The party wasn't created till after I became a corsair, but it may have been before I put my first point in Jolly Roger.

I'll try remaking it next time I am on.

Leveling alts sure gets old after a while, but it's too bad my autism doesn't let me skip any quests.

WTF is this

A hat that requires 5 chase drops. Good luck.

have the gif version

Also, twin arrow OP

THE MADMAN

It has been almost a week of me playing this game and I have become frustrated with building a character. Every build I plan on doesn't quite work out. How can I build a wizard with crowd control and enough damage to be credit to team? Is Oracle nothing but a gimmick class?

New bread up