ITT weird or forgotten about ports of games

ITT weird or forgotten about ports of games.

Other urls found in this thread:

h2v.online/2016/03/06/public-beta-release/
github.com/sndrec/MouseThingy/releases
doom64ex.wordpress.com/
moddb.com/mods/half-life-dreamcast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember mobile phone versions of ps2 games like Driv3r?

I remember playing a lot of Lumines on my first cell phone in 2006. But because that was a puzzle game, it didn't feel out of place.

Someone post the greentext story about the user who took a starcraft 64 cartridge everywhere with him.

Megaman legends on the PC.

This was cancelled, but here's some small footage of Wii U port of Aliens: Colonial Marines.

It used the Gamepad as the motion tracker and other features, footage starts after 1:07.

BROTHERRRRRRRR

wat

yeah more like the exact opposite. It ran surprisingly well for the hardware and was perfectly playable/played by quite a number of people.

Half life on dreamcast, now thats both forgotten and wierd. I actually have an early 2k's gamepro magazine that has a whole page article on that port citing it as "perfect". Gotta find it and scan that shit one of these days..

Find that shit right now user! I have to read more about the Dreamcast Half-life port

its a pretty shite "review". they just lay down the entire story of half life and give it a perfect score. 5's across the board minus a 4.5 for controls..

Well, I kinda have an obsession with the port.

If you could find it one of these days it'd be great if you made a thread about it.

Believe it or not the first Crysis was ported to consoles. It was missing the multiplayer and it cut the flying level but it was pretty decent for what it was.

i found one scan by google searching. Someone also dumped the full rom somewhere, gave it a shot and its absolutely fucking atrocious. Half life 2 on xbox performs and looks better.

I heard that port was actually pretty decent.

spiderman 1 got a pretty fucking good port. dunno what the fuck happened with 2.

God that was a shitty port

I rented this from blockbuster. I put all my points into swimming, couldn't figure out what to do, and returned it a couple of hours later.

That is actually how I played hl2 for the first time.

Same, it was a pretty decent port for what it was.

This one was kind of sweet because it had a section for all the lore right on the main menu. If I remember correctly it was like 30+ minutes of audio that you could just sit back and listen to. Controlled like ass though.

I actually had a friend who had never played the PC version until just a couple years ago and only played the psx.

It looks like it could've been a completely different game.

Knowing Gearbox though…

Getting back on topic though, you can't have a port thread without bringing up motherfucking DOOM, on the GBA of all consoles.

>people try to act like that version of the game wasn't what was holding back Morrowind

Talking about the GBA
This one is a miracle on the system
Rockstar USED to be decent

GBA had some weird ports, I hear even Jet Set Radio and Tony Hawk were ported onto the system, along with shooters like Serious Sam and Medal of Honor which tried to be FPS games.

It sucks when you sell an old system and you eventually realize how good you had it.

THPS2 for GBA was pretty fun; it had the same maps as the console versions iirc, albeit in a 2D isometric perspective, but it didn't have the music.

Fucking this. I regret trading in my 64

The sheer amount of shit I traded makes me violently depressed, I had so many good system systems and great games.

G-guys, this is the first time I've ever gotten quads!

Hold me

How new are you?

I just don't post a lot faggot.

It's worthing noting the PS2 port of Half-Life had an exclusive expansion pack titled "Decay" which was a completely new co-op multiplayer campaign featuring two female scientists. It was only ever on the PS2.

Alert the presses next time you get quints while calling it

Yeah. Isometric view and a Dpad was not kind to Tony amd Jet Grind. I still loved them buuuuuuut it was a pain to play.

Jet Grind Isometric view on GBA with a Dpad. You had to trace these swirls with a fucking DPAD!

Also for fun, Perfect Dark GB Color

Not just a Tony Hawk.

Every single Tony Hawk from 2 to THUG 2.

I PAID MONEY FOR THIS SHIT

git gud

Tony Hawk games were fun on GBA. For some reason JSR was a pain in the ass to play, despite being also being in an isometric perspective.

Medal of Honor on GBA was actually an exclusive top down shooter, and a good one at that.

That's not a weird port. It was released almost simultaneously on every platform at the time. It was shit regardless where you played it.

Amazing

there were atelier Marie and Atelier Elie games for the GBC

Fuck off my thread faggot. I got quads two days ago, if you wanted them checked we would've done so.

this game really disappointed me. I hated it when I got to that one mission where the gimmick was role playing as a jamacian or something and you have to drive a truck with shit in the back that would just break or fall out really easy

Spin offs =/= ports.

get out of here reddit

Don't forget this

Ah shit I remember getting interested in this game only to find out later on it would never get released. It's too bad even if it looked kinda odd.

Also there's that gameboy color of Resident Evil that was never released.

Make me nigger.

Jesus Christ, who put a stick up your asses?

Get out of my thread reddit faggot.

Get out of my thread reddit faggot.

tbh fam you are only making a complete fool of yourself

Get out of my thread, reddit faggot.

Someone gift this user some Holla Forums platinum!

I own a CD-i Zelda, and this caused me to lose the ability to "even". I can't. I just can't even.

Always wanted to try that thing, wonder if it's emulatable.

JSR was made in the same engine as the Crash Bandicoot games for the GBA for the atlasphere levels, which they were a pain in the ass already

Why can't reddit leave?

Goddamn we're trying to get this discussion back on topic with the ports.

Fuck you OP.

Because OP is a gigantic faggot

Get out of here stalker

Fuck off nigger.

Then stop acting like a newfag and discuss ports. You started this by acting like an entitled nigger about your digits.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who here had the spiderman 2 PSP port? God fuck the psp was a great thing.

Can you guys just filter and continue with the topic please?

Sure

You're still a faggot. But let's get back to discussion and ignore the shitty quads that triggered you nigger.

How come Doom 1 and 2 came out just fine on GBA yet nearly all other fps games fucked up this badly?

I always wondered how the control was on the ps1 port. I heard from a guy who did have the ps1 version it was ok-ish.

Because people barely knew how to handle console ports for FPS at that time, and with all they learned they managed to port these same games to GBA without problems.

Duke GBA is still shit though.

What the fuck is the context for this

That interview is from 2001 or 2002, I assume?
Todd has been lying for at least 15 years. The man needs to be stopped.

Probably because they were available on just about every console before hand, and because Doom was probably that well documented.

Where as these devs tried to make an FPS from scratch on the GBA. Sometimes to MoH levels of horrible results, and sometimes you get 007 Nightfire. For some reason that game has gadgets in it on the GBA.

Ah the memories. Even back then I couldn't stand the aliasing, so I sold my xbox for a geforce 6000 series.

This was my first morrowind experience.
Many years down the line when I started playing it on PC I leaned that the tapestrys on the wall were actual things and not just black blobs

I'm somehow impressed how the GBA can handle some 3d game kinda decent, like this one.

speaking of standing aliasing, trying the half life 2 xbox port again and jesus fucking lord save my ass right now these controls are fucky. im on the part of the game were you have to traverse the underside of a bridge and i keep falling while having a fuckin giggle because i shouldnt be failing at this.

The GBA was some sort of witchcraft or sorcery. Little fucker was pretty potent for a handheld at the time.

That game is ass.

Indeed, check embed.

Also, this is probably one of the weirdest ports/spin-offs, for the fucking Gameboy color.

That's pretty fucking impressive. I had no idea the GBA could handle 3D rendering.

You check them dip

If you consider Half-Life 2 Deathmatch a perfect port that's pretty much it

It has no 3D hardware whatsoever, but the CPU is beefy enough to pull off early 3D graphics using the CPU only.
I would say its CPU is probably as fast as a 486DX33 or so CPU, given its RISC architecture etc..

How the fuck is that even posible with such hardware? That's some magical shit.

i dont even know what the fuck you just said, but i'm still impressed

that was the first place I played HL2

What the fuck happened to my image reaction? Why is it so small? Holy shit someone fix codemonkey already.

i was a huge retard, decided to buy a copy of it on xbox over amazon instead of just getting it off steam, finished it there first then like several months later on PC

Well, don't underestimate a CPU of this caliber, specially running on a hardware that don't bring down the performance to IBM-PC XT levels when writing to the video memory and lower resolution.

It crushes the Super FX chip hard.

Fuck, I remember playing the shit outta that game when I was a kid. Never even heard of the console versions.

That game is fucking bizarre. What was going through Ubisoft's head at the time?

I actually prefer the PC version because it's more finished, even if that's not saying much.

And it's STILL not the worst Splinter Cell game. That title belongs to pic related.

HEH. Apologies for not clarifying, i was talking about half life 2 for xbox. Forgot you posted a pic of an xbox splinter cell game so i can see were the confusion came from.

good ole late night postin.

Thank you for sharing. Had a hearty laugh

That was a complete different game, not a port. Still, good Zelda clone though.

a significantly better game than the PC version
a pity the stigma of association limited distribution to a free rom on Romero's personal website–I'd have bought a GBC for it

It's not a port, is a different game made by a no-name studio, for some reason Activision didn't wanted to port the console version to PC and made this instead.

Until the fans came along, that is.

Power Stone 1/2 were Arcade games that got Dreamcast ports, and those Dreamcast ports later ended up in the Power Stone Collection on PSP.

I love the first game but hated the second one, but I can appreciate the effort that was put into the collection that allowed you to enable weapons and characters from the second game to be used in the first, and bosses from the first game to be played as in the second.

I personally prefer to emulate the Dreamcast version, but the PSP version's emulation is a lot smoother and more user friendly, and supports 16:9, so it's a nice option to have available at least.

I dunno, I think the first time I had ever heard of the game was watching the Toonami review for it. They openly said they played the XBox version.

This blew my fucking mind when I found out it existed.
Wish I had something better than speedrun footage to link but the only other thing I could find was someone emulating it shittily.

Maybe the guy meant the GOTY edition specifically, but yeah

Easily the best port for the GBA. Look at this shit, it even had a fucking cockpit view.

Never realized what fucking sorcery the GBA was

Best port of the best version of DA.

Only acceptable in the PS1 Spider-Man games.

That's how crazy the Dreamcast's collapse was, some games were completed but never released. Look into Propeller Arena as well. And I definitely would not say HL was perfect, the framerate was quite poor.

I'm pretty sure it controls just like any other FPS with dual analog control.

Not bad considering how mouse heavy that game is. The minimal interface is a pretty nice change.

You actually thought the mediocre 7th gen version from Ubisoft Shanghai was good?

Some OG Xbox games like Toejam and Earl 3 and GunValkyrie started development on Dreamcast. A few years ago someone found a dev kit with a near finished Dreamcast version of Toejam.

I preferred it, but neither were good.

I remember the original xbox version also let the enemies turn fucking FAST, so if they detect you and you're sneaking up to grab them, they can blow you away before you have a chance to react.

The PC port of the other version was decent. I liked the choice system and walking around in JBA HQ even thought it turns the experience into savescum: the game, especially that mine-building segment. I'd like it if I could use the FUCKING UNLOCKABLES though, because Ubisoft decided to release an unfinished game they're essentially just trophies and can't be equipped.

Hard mode is just bullshit. It says it gives you 'limited resources', but what that means is literally no ammo.

However, I liked Shanghai, I liked Iceland, I liked the headquarters, I liked the ending. Initially, when I first played it, I even liked Kinshasa. I still prefer that version.

Oh snap, this user wants to go mobile huh?

It's a map of sweden, dingus.

Please, that is clearly a map of the soon to be formed Greater Isreal.

I've actually played Half Life 2 more times on console than I have on PC.
I really love how you're always with Gordon. Those games always feel like a long journey and not many games replicate that feeling

I literally didn't even realize that's what it's supposed to be.

(You)

(((You)))

By all accounts it was a great port, and the models for the monsters were pretty good, especially those adorable mice.

It's great if that is the experience you are going for, but I know some people complain that you're basically stuck inside unskippable cutscenes on repeat playthroughs.

Taking the good with the bad I suppose.

OY VEY, THE GOYIM KNOW

Yeah, the models were a surprise, they definitely gave a damn about that port.

doom mobile is legit

I get that. It's usually a couple years between playthroughs for me so it doesn't bother me that much but then again playing back through Ace Combat 6 I'm amazed "dance with the angels" didn't annoy me as much as it does now

heres another one

What does the ending of Bastion have to do with weird or forgotten ports?

wii u console ports are the only console ports worth getting.

I missed the ports part, thought it was just a forgotten games thread.
I'm retarded.

everyone remembers bastion

It was suprisingly good

this was apparently the only way to play Ultima in Japan for years unless you had a western pc.

there's a mod for it on PC

The PS1 port of Marvel vs Capcom gave Ryu two new supers that would change his moveset to be more like Ken or more like Akuma, but it couldn't handle having four different characters in a single versus match so versus mode involved you picking one character, your opponent picking one character, and both players using both characters.

heh…you call that mobile?

and commentary from the guy who discovered the playable version.

that resolution makes it look like it's being projected onto a tapestry.

the second set of images is magazine scans, so not tapestry, but it's definitely not a screen grab directly from the game.

This actually looks really cool for the PSP

There's a Call of Duty on the DS and Wii. Someone ported Nazi Zombies to the PSP as well, but that's homebrew.

Here's Doom on a computer with 128k of RAM. Gameplay starts around 0:40

many people bought an xbox for halo

i bought one for morrowind

Tekken for GBA.

The GBA got some strange ports

I still have a sealed copy of this game.

Wonder if source mods actually work on that. Also speaking of, MS made their own version of Counter Strike too, and it's pretty different.

Came across MGS1 for PC last weekend. Strikes me as pretty bizarre that it even exists.

yeah it was good, heck it had a fucking british campaign! and the tank level doesnt hurt too

tons of popular PS1 games got pc ports.

I've been looking for this version forever, but like the PC version of MML, this thing is really difficult to find.

It was definitely weird and cool port

Forgot pic

Not a port. That's an RPG spin off.

Also not a port. Why are you all so retarded to what's a spin offers and a port?

Not a port, but still odd and stupid.

Is Patton shooting the projector to change the slides or what?

nobody remembers Halo 2 had a vistaport

I actually played it 6 months ago.

I remember buying this the local flea market
I couldn't figure out how to switch it off, so I returned it, and the guy gave me this weird look
Regrettable decisions

I love all the crazy ports you get of R Type. This is it on the ZX Spectrum, but it also had releases on the Game boy, Commodore and Amstrad.

There was also a Dreamcast port, but it was pretty on par with the PC version and even had Mouse/Keyboard support.

But the PS1 version is just fucking weird.

Nigger everyone remembers that shitty port

This one too. So many fucking newfags here.

Here's a few others that I didn't know about until a few seconds ago.

That wasnt a bad port.

zx spectrum got all sorts of weird ports. it was just barely good enough to play a game at all

We've got this port to thank for the dumbfuckery that is Oblivion

It has a tranquiler gun and a FPS mode, only the special version of the japanland version had the tranq gun.

PC port runs like shit though.

Was made by a different company. That probably knew a lot more shit and could pull of more than Bethesda ever could. Could be reason why they canned it.

MGS2 got ported to PC as well. It was a god awful port.

Knowing Todd's fucking manbaby attitude, I wouldn't put it past him, he's the George Lucas of his own I.P.

Bethesda has a track record of canning games for shit reasons, or just completely ignoring them.

I'm surprised New Vegas ever came out the way it did, Bethesda however gave them less time then promised.

They also hate Morrowind so fucking much that they destroyed it in that Skyrim DLC.
One of the writers of Fallout 4 is such a baby dick that he wrote in an big ass alien city is possibly hidden under the Mojave desert. That's how cancerous those jews are.

I'll be honest and say Morrowind on PC never worked well for me, with or without mods. I probably have far more hours in the Xbox version

I liked it.

It also removed all the crazy shit from the Psycho Mantis fight, plus certain blurring and weather effects in cutscenes were removed.

Try the GoG version, that should work out of the box.

i've never played morrowind on anything but xbox, so i dont know how bad it is in comparison to pc

fucking flags.

Don't forget:

fuck todd, and fuck his team, even the piece of shit TES:O Loreman has more integrity than he because that game got somewhat better in the gameplay department, lore-rape and lesser-skyrim functions aside.

The fun part that made Skyshit and Oblivion awful after you've played and noticed all the issues is that somehow, mods that incorporate Classic Dungeons and Dragons tabletop mechanics, themes or enhancements actually make the game better in my long experince of playing Oblivion. Yeah, imagine that, adding in those removed tabletop elements from Morrowinf serve to make the game better.

A primary example of this is Morrowinds interface which recorded what was going on, and belive me, TESIV managed to fuck that up so hard it became an actualplague for anyone who modded in gameplay changes to TESIV because no matter how much you'd mod, the single line next to the Daedric Oblvion sign woudl always be behind whatever update and content you've added occurs.

In all honesty, Doom and Doom 2 on the snes and GBA was a technical marvel. It should not have been possible according to some people.

Based Carmack made Doom runnable on anything, even the LCD screen of a laser printer.

This is actually playable online again now thanks to a community patch and community servers.

h2v.online/2016/03/06/public-beta-release/

It also obviates the licence/key check so all you need is a h2v disc image to install from, you can get that here

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9C4A3F2B47C6781DFFE606262E49C7437C6444E8&dn=HALO%202.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337

run the "startup.exe" and install as normal, tell it you will enter key later.

Then a small program to remove mouse acceleration and let you change the FOV to something more than fucking 70 which was the default FOV.

github.com/sndrec/MouseThingy/releases

The way you use this is unbind the mouselook from the mouse entirely inside the game, then run mousethingy.exe after the game has already started and it will inject the changes into the game process.

It's been tried, but there's no point where you can inject mods in and execute because of the closed codebase (Very few Xbox games have mods. JSRF you can mod paint editor and replace with your own designs but very little insert points for anything like new music either), it only includes the Single player and HL2 was pushing the Xbox to its absolute limits as is on medium settings and 640x480.

Counter Strike was weird as you said though. It was a console revision Valve designed for Xbox, Gearbox developed it and Microsoft published. It was originally going to be a bundle game for the original Xbox live pack (Back when it actually gave you a bunch of physical games and a headset when you bought the starter pack. Then MS would send you random shit in the post like demos, magazines and posters) but they dropped it and released it quietly on its own because some kid who played Counterstrike tried to shoot up a school and everyone went herp derp Jack Thompson mode.

Superior port here.

If you haven't beaten this version of Doom then you don't know shit about video games.

It is you who does not know shit about video games.

So shitty compared to the N64 version

This disables the SP if you aren't connected to the server, right?

Is there a way to get around that? Like having two seperate installs and only applying it to one?

I already own a legit copy so if so I could just install what you linked to a different hard drive.

Just remember this one - Fifa and PES kept getting PS2 ports until 2013 with this being the last FIFA port. Also PES 14 was the last PS2 game ever made.

It's a source engine game on a machine that uses Windows XP, it doesn't even need to be emulated. Just Google "Half-Life 2 Survivor PC port" or something and you should find the downloads for it.

oddly enough my first experiences with half life were with these ports, i didn't have a pc when i was younger

i'm one of those people, i really can't stand in-game cutscenes like that and its becoming an increasingly popular method of exposition

I dont think so? I just start the game with the h2 online launcher now, i play singleplayer with that, it just werks.

The community servers show up under network, not live.

I forgot to mention that it obviates the need to have GFWL installed also, which is nice.

I heard that if you use that hack, you need to be connected to whatever server it uses to play SP, yes.

Try starting your PC without being connected to the internet and starting the game's SP and see if it works then

I like how this looks more than the actual game.

How have we gone this far without mentioning the best Doom game outside of the PC version?
I mean, shit, I know it's not really a port, but it's basically Doom 3.

ISO got leaked apparently as well so any faggot can play it.

Except on a PSP 1000. Fucking wew.

shrug, its probably true.

I dont think its a huge inconvenience now though.

Such a fucking good game man.
For people who never played it, try this doom64ex.wordpress.com/

Not a fucking port. Goddamn are you retards that fucking stupid to not know what a port is

No, but this one here is a port of that game :^)

>>>/reddit/

Oh yeah, what about the Win95 ver. of the Lion King that crashed everytime you started it

What was that about? Wasn't it to do with the transition to DirectX or something like that?

it was made on WinG, which was the kind of first Microsoft attempt at DirectX-like graphics library for developers. and of course it epically failed

The game came preinstalled in some Compaq Presarios, but they weren't tested properly beforehand, and caused the game to crash while loading.

GBA is king of this topic.

It always strikes me as odd that TF2 got released on the 360

To this day people who claim TF2 was better at launch are proven complete retards by how much of a fucking colossal mess PS3/360 TF2 is.

Dragon's Lair for gbc

Dragon's lair is on virtually EVERYTHING, even DVD

everyone knows TFC, not TF2C, the original team fortress classic had the best gameplay
except for pyro, pyro sucked.

Everyone knew about that port.

well at least they did improve on something

Nobody said it's perfect at launch. Most of them argue valve hit a sweet spot with the first few large patches then went downhill, then kept going downhill, and is still going downhill hard.

There's some things I prefer in TFC and others I prefer in TF2, though by and large TFC gives more of the general feel I first expected from TF2

They probably could've stopped at the Engineer update + hauling buildings and it'd be perfect if you ask me

I played Skyrim for an hour before getting bored what the fuck do you mean they tried to destroy Morrowind.

Join the autism anons

The giant rock over that Vivec was holding up crashed into Morrowind, this triggered the explosion of Red Mountain causing widespread tsunamis across the Morrowind region and beyond.

With much of Morrowind devestated, the argonians took the chance to get revenge for the centuries of slavery, invading what was left in Morrowind.

I believe that happens in one of the books.

For some reason they ported Hitman Blood Money to the OG xbox and even the PS2 iirc

I'm not really sure why.

I 1000/1000 this game back when i was a good fucking goy who felt the pull of gamerscore.

Believe me i will consider all those hours spent chasing GS when i am lying on my deathbed.

Low poly from this era has such a weird appeal.

Because millions of people were still playing on those systems. The 360 wasn't even a year old and the PS3 and Wii weren't out until late 2006. The 6th gen was still alive at that point.

If you don't mind my asking what convinced you to jump ship? I have a friend who is relatively high on the GS leaderboards (or what ever they're called). He had me help him track down a bunch of old consoles and now they just sit in his house collecting dust

I kind of want to host a server
Anyone up for it?

God, those wobbly textures.

I'd like to think pic related counts, if only because the first game never had a PS3 release, and for some reason these guys had the brilliant idea to port the sequel alone to the PS3 instead of to the PC, which had the first game released on it.

Yet a 2.2GHz dual core with a radeon mobility HD4570 and 256MB of VRAM could handle it pretty decently @ 720p medium settings. Sad!

This was when Remedy made the games.

IT really needed it too, given how shit aiming with a controller is.

All on a 18MB cartridge.

They came out censored.

Shame I don't have a PS2 anymore, this looks like a great title to have a go at along with a revisit to BRO.

It only overly simplified gameplay and paved the way for Invisible War.
UNIVERSAL AMMO

>Damn, those alien scum shot up my ride!
>Holy cow!
Shittendo censorship ruined it.

Well really with the graphics that game had, Xbox sounds like kind of a fitting home for it.

I started chasing GS properly not long after i had a complete mental breakdown (6 weeks in the loony bin, not a tumblr breakdown) and stopped as i felt better. Make of that what you will.

I nominate Fatal Fury Special on Game Gear.

moddb.com/mods/half-life-dreamcast

I always wanted to post this.

It did port the Doom engine over to the N64, so yeah, kinda. Nice greentext btw.

Same engine =/= same game. Nice reasoning btw

Konami used to rough port games to PC like MGS and Silent Hill.

MGS 1 and 2 are on PC and SH 1-4 are all on PC.

I’ll enjoy pirating the remakes of 1, 2, and 3, when they release all of them on PC. And I’ll throw in a “never ever” there so that it happens more quickly.

I actually got this piece of shit to run as a Cider port in OS X. Theoretically it runs perfectly, but I ran into the same problem I had when I tried to install it in 7 (and 8, and 10), which is…

Mother of all weird ports coming through.

SH1 is not officially on PC, there is a fanmade version of PCSX that comes with the rom and is specially optimized for it though.
if only, I've been trying to unpack the SH1 assets for years
SH1 VR edition never ever

What's so weird about it? Plenty of multiplat games from the seventh gen got mediocre/shit stripped-down versions on PS2 and/or Wii.

Why are you posting it in a port thread, then?

please leave

>The friend who got him into it in the first place just watches One Piece all day, never leaving his house
Should I abandon all hope?
Should I abandon all hope?

This is what I get for not scrolling down

They managed to put Deus Ex on the PS2.

A wonderful port too. It is a technical marvel. Probably sold like shit though.

Read the thread before posting faggot

is it just me or does the face from the RE2 boxart look like Hugh Laurie?

I think this is the only console game that had full keyboard and mouse support.

Quake 3 on Dreamcast did as well.

Not strictly a port, but Midnight Club reused a lot of stuff from Midtown Madness 2, including the London locale and the same type of files.

Beyond being a weird mixture of old and new, it also had some weirdness going on behind the scenes with the menus being HTML and all the music being full CD quality WAV files.

Half-Life and Unreal Tournament on PS2 had keyboard and mouse support as well.

I'm reading this all over the thread, after hearing how much they had to cut out of it less than a week ago.

yeah, it's a mediocre port, too bright, too small, they even butchered the intro.
it will never approach the perfection that is webm related.

It s'cool

desperate, your turn.

From what I understand, embed related is surprisingly good. GBA always impresses me.

Holy shit, now I need to play this one. Alone in the Dark 4, gba version. Shits gonna be good.

New nightmare, GBA…

True, but most shit was coded as tight as kernel at that point.

Just look at any ambitious game at that era 95-2005. They are so overcoded that even decals trigger physiscs based animation.

I spent a strangely large amount of time playing this on an emulator when I was 15. I have no idea why I chose to do that when I could have just been playing the real thing.