Terraria

Do you seek to tame your world Holla Forums?
Do you try to civilize the wild?

if so? Why?
if not, why not?

And if you do, how do you do it?

I tend to start out by making my own house, then houses for NPCs, meanwhile trying to pave over (using grey brick) the existing land. Flatten out everything and make it easy to just walk from one area to the next. Staircases where needed but the idea is that I shouldn't have to do anything other than press the direction I want to go in.

I also try to make stairways into hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/HIV_POSSITIVE/
steamcommunity.com/id/criminal_gravy/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/news-flash.45821/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ok I guess nobody wants to talk about a good game.

whatever, faggot

how do you make your cute/cool looking houses survive the hardmode change?

or you just make them on a easy mode world, and do teh hardmode on a separate world?

Well, NPCs are supposed to give a certain little protection against the intrustion of enemies and such. There are some items that help do the same.

I think the design idea is not to have a super big sprawling put apart area but something more tight nit.

What I want to do is just make a few divisions between different lands by making 'holes' between them.

Then a bit of horizontal divisions to to be ready for hard mode.

After activating hardmode, all I think I'm gonna do is roam and purify some infected lands

I actually have wondered about all of this. The Druid gives you a counter for how much is corrupted.
But I wonder if you could actually get rid of the corruption entirely? And if so, what is the benefit?

I believe you just get a pat in the back for purifying everything.
I don't plan on purifying everything though, just sandbox crimson and the other one so I can have fun with my own autism and belief that I have every area secure.

I usually make some "Government Housing" pretty quickly, as well as a slew of loosely arranged, tightly packed chests so that when I come back/respawn I can quick sort everything away.

Government Housing is just basic stone with stone walls, just big enough to count as housing, at least 10 floors so I can have 10 inhabitants while I actually make their houses. Only recently have I started to care what my housing looks like.

Well, the way I do it, is I usually play on a hardcore mode.

In that way, I always am forced to push this taming of the world mentality. When that character dies, a new one comes up to claim the old one's progress.

So my building usually takes on the image of a larger sprawling mansion. With each room dedicated to building in a certain material. The idea being that the inevitable new character (because of the death of the previous) is some waht happening upon this large mansion full of other characters and this world full of perils and they must continue this constant taming of this crazy fucking world.

I read lovecraft stories from time to time so maybe that's my reasoning.

We should make an opposing factions server
Each team gets a base on the other edge of the world and they will compete for access to the jungle or the dungeon
The goal is to capture the Gem
Would that work?

Are the Terraria clones any good?

most seems kinda shitty.

some "friends" insist Junk Jack and Crea are fun but i am not in the mood to try em for now

Τhey are all shitty attempts to jump on the bandwagon of a great game's success

bump

it's too easy to relogin, pretending to be the other faction then snag everything from chests for your "real" faction

Obviously this is a server for Holla Forums only

At least you do it better than the bf1 guys

Duke Fishron is kicking my dick in, and I can't purify enough of the world (falling shy of building hellevators either side and going ape with the Clemantator

Fishron on expect in probably the last boss to fight before Moonman.
Use the same gear you would use vs the moonman, UFO mount and unequip all movement accessories for combat accessories

In addition:

You basically want to build a bottle city on top of a pit.

Yeah, I've got full Beetle gear, but even though I have a melee build, I'm tempted to make some Shroomite gear and use Megashark + Chlrofite Bullets.

I do have the Xeno-Popper, but I think Megashark would have more damage overall. And I can't get Swat Skeletons for the life of me.

Tempted to farm Martian events to get more martian gear- and the mount as you said.

I got him down to a sliver last time. Just got to grab more truffle worms.

I was also on Normal. But thanks.

From a previous thread:
Come join our Holla Forums terraria server, we are doing an expert mode playtrough and are currently at plantera. Ip: 86.92.77.161 port: 7777 pass: videogames

Please don't bring in any post plantera chars as we like it to be progressive rather then people farming duke fishron 24/7

Also…
Hero gets cucked again.

And instant tree growing. More Dryad/Living Tree items?

Maybe? There was a suggestion awhile back about expanding the power of the staff of regrowth. One of the suggestions was giving it instant sapling growing but one of the devs said that part couldn't be done with the way the engine handles tree growth. Apparently something has now changed.

None of the clones really provide anything Terraria doesn't already without it being buggy, incomplete or flat-out bad.

Nurse's self-heal is fucking crazy, she walked out of her house where I had her for fighting Moon Lord and she was perfectly fine from constant regeneration even with a hail of attacks going on.

The Dryad and the Nurse are a power team when it comes to survival.

Maybe I should set them up a home in the arena I built.

Maybe even pull the Dryad and Nurse over to my Fishron Arena.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to do that at all, worst-case scenario is you lose the fight and your Dryad/Nurse are dead so you wait a game-day for them to come back, reassign them and then try again. Having your nurse nearby for instant full-heal is indispensable in tougher bosses like Fishron and Moon Lord.

Just keep them away from your Pumpkin Moon arena. The Pumpking's Scythe projectiles tend to fuck NPC's shit up quick.

you lost, boy?

serber when

Fug, i just got around playing in the 1.3v, they added lot new thing since i last time played. 2013 thnk it was.
Own base, resource gather (decent mineshaft what goes to hell) when all this done , i can start explore.

I like to build graves for dead NPCs though.

Sorry to post twice, but I just thought- what does the Martian laser do to them?

Could the Nurse and/or Dryad survive? Does the Nurse heal NPCs?

if anybody knows of a cheap host that could handle what the server needs I'll put one up.

Last one was going to run me 40/month for the specs to run a single server.

Trees don't grow that high in the current version, do they?

I like having my buildings conform to the landscape personally. It's not always practical but aesthetically you can get some pretty sweet designs off of it. I'd post an example but my old server isn't up atm.

Bump

I decided to play the role of a madman, bent on destruction. Does that count as "taming your world"?
Basically went full aqua.
Good times were had.

Terraria Otherworld is in the making. It was initially scheduled to release within 2015, but at christmas time, devs postponed it and we haven't heard anything for the last six or so months.

It looks like it will be decent, seeing how it is the original devs who create it. There will be quests and shit, which will make the game even better.

I wish they would just say something about how the game is doing.

what's this hardmode everyone keeps talking about?

Dig deep; dig greedily.
Seek the doll and cast it into the flames.
You will learn soon enough.

Same thing it does to everyone else. Which is why you need a roof, or multiple roofs to block it.

because i cant make a town that walks around eating smaller towns growing more beautiful, rich and cultured as it does so

yes nurse does heal npcs

It is not canon, don't bother

we are about to start a new world with some other guy, if anyone wants to join add me on steam, i'll post when the server is up steamcommunity.com/id/HIV_POSSITIVE/

on it boss

alright the server is up
pw 123

What server

the other guy left because it was too laggy, but you can join trhough steam if you add me

Fuck you too, Microsoft.

this shit's not working, someone else host, SA internet is cancer

I hope you selected your kernals manually. Enjoy windows 10 if not :^)

I could host if you'd like. I'm Gene and I can start up a new world, would you like expert or normal?

Fuck off.

Okay. I'm going to attempt to host this once the world is made anyways it's expert so be prepared for pain if you come in

Right done.
steamcommunity.com/id/criminal_gravy/
Is my profile so be sure to hop in. You don't need to friend me, you should be able to get right in. The password is case sensitive and it's Leatherman

expert is fine, it would be better if everyone started from 0 tho

i dont know how to join tbh

Only thing I ever made that wasn't a commieblock.
It took too long to build and wasn't space efficient, so I'm probably never going to bother ever again. Cramming maximum NPCs into minimum space just works best for all purposes other than aesthetics.

good buildings shit rooms

6/10

your background glass doesn't really work in the domes due to the background effect I think but without it the whole wouldn't be as good, so I suggest a either sapphire gemspark or blue slime but you could also add martian conduct plating around the inside of the dome and that could work too

the rooms could be done better especially the your work area having everything lined up isn't visually pleasing but I think if you made the domes little bit bigger or added more of them you could fix the issues there with having weird rooms, since if you added more you could have your npc rooms in better spots which would make space for workshops

I just hope development of Terraria 2 is sacrificed for this.
Yes Otherworld is closer to the original idea of Terraria, but they hit the money with what Terraria became.

Anyone else got some sci-fi bases?

that church…

I want to make a meteorite base within a meteorite crash site

This part of the game messes with my 'tism real bad.

Any sane person builds a bridge in the underworld so he can focus on that god awful boss and not fall into the lava.

But that bridge… oh god, the 'tism hurts just thinking about it.

Please tell me there's somebody here whose 'tism is sufficiently bad that they have to systematically remove the bridge afterwards. There's got to be one such individual here.

Wait a minute…

We space now?

What did I miss?

It's a graphical effect of the Pillars and Monoliths. In this case Stardust.

It switched devs?

I haven't built a bridge for it in a long time. I don't even do that on hardcore runs.

I just make sure the path is traversable, which means cutting holes into some of the buildings and building platforms over massive lava pits, and I don't even do the latter much anymore because water walking potions are easier.

Looks like they just made it so trees can grow on-screen. Currently they can only grow when they're loaded, i.e. when you're far away and walk towards them.

Don't know if they will from acorns, but naturally generated trees be even taller.

JUST MAKE A SERVER ALREADY

Neither have I, but I will say that building a bridge is a good way of getting a Demon Scythe.

fresh spoiler boys

also update news:
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/news-flash.45821/

It's a hoppy house you irredeemable faggot

74.91.121.114:7779 new chars only please
pw is rage I think

Is it down because I can't connect at all

That is actually quite an accurate reconstruction of the average REMAIN voter's mind.

Party Girl update confirmed I guess. Does that mean there will be pone.

Nah, it's the birthday update. Terraria just turned 5.

But I made a Party Pone and everything.

Jump castles you flaming homos.

may or may not be up. We beat the golem yesterday.

Someone put an amazing amount of effort into this and I had to fly around to appreciate it.

server when

wheres the update where i can munch dryad pussy until she squirts maple syrup

look right above your post

Moon get the fuck in the server so we can kill Plantera.

What rooms should I do next? Going for a SHTF-mansion sort of thing.

Those light bars look like shit and dont fit

Remember you can use gemspark walls behind blocks to give hidden light accents.

ganja farm, water purification, mine field

a roof on top

Got any tips for a newbie? ive played just over 10 hours and am enjoying so far.
My biggest mistake so far is to have a mediumcore character while fighting king slime and eye of cthulu in my home, both was tedius as shit while i was getting rekt.

make npc valid houses so they can move in. buy some bombs and grenades, use the bombs to bust up crimson/corruption and get to the shadow orbs or hearts and break them. i forget if it takes a hammer or pick to break them. if you break 3 a boss will spawn, the counter does not reset when you log out.
when mining meteorite bring plenty of bombs and gel, make sticky bombs, easy safe mining.
use sticky bombs for everything, wipe your ass with sticky bombs

Well fore one thing, if you haven't already, make an easycore character and transfer your stuff to that one, otherwise hardmode is going to hurt more than it needs to.

I love the moment you can make meteorite gear, all the pain and suffering of being a newbie twat starts to fade away.

Anyone hosting a server?

This is always on

Cheers

it's a jolly jump, you fucker

My friend gifted this to me last Thursday and I've already put 50 hours into it, my base is a mess and I have no idea what to do next, but I still keep playing it.

HELP

Post your base so we can see what you've done. Also what do you desire to do?

Also, if you're still here: Make an arena (check guides for rough size).
It's useful for fighting bosses, and keeps your NPCs safe. (Dryad offers a shield and the Nurse can heal NPCs and herself to not die- even to tough bosses. So maybe build their houses near by).

Fill the arena with Heart Lamps, Stars in Bottles, and CampFires as needed.
As well as buffing stations (Whetstone, Crystal Ball, Ammo Crate, etc) and some heart/star statues on switches when you get then.

It won't look comfy, and due to it's size you'll need a LOT of wall.

Here's what I got.

I'm thinking of making some fuck-huge base in one of the cloud islands by making one of them bigger. Other than just general game progression that's all I have planned, maybe collect all of the statues, chests, and banners along the way.

To those playing on my modded Terraria server from one of the previous threads, I'll be shutting it down until Monday since I'll be gone until then. Sorry.

Ouch! Right in the 'tism!

Trees have roots just underground, the stem don't go far down into the earth like that.

But at least you didn't build a commieblock on your first go, I'll give you that.

Lurk threads and look at comfy builds more. First world is never redeemable, but that's just how it is.

So wait, is there another major update on the way? Fucking hell…

If you like tree builds you should consider going to the UG jungle and looking for a Living Mahogany Wand and Rich Mahogany Leaf Wand.

Come on, building the bridge isn't hard if you use the existing buildings. Remember that you can build diagonal staircases (1block up, 1block left, 1block up, 1block left, etc etc) and run on it without stopping. Line up the staircases with the floors on the buildings as you dig out the walls.

I've built cart tracks that spanned the entire depth of hell. On a large world

You are small time.

To be honest I wasn't even planning on that, I just expanded the original living wood when I ran out of space, but I even gave up on that and just threw a bed and chest in the NPC rooms which are where they are simply for a half-assed compromise of convenience and aesthetic.

Danka.

Got it.

Not sure if I'd make a whole base, but maybe just to give the Dryad an appropriately-themed room.

its just slang for dryad oral sex

Fucking this.

Living Wood trees can go pretty far down in Terraria.

I hope we eventually get more varieties of living trees.

Yo, Jesus, what happened to the server?

Is anyone interested in a fresh start server?

yes unless it lags

But user, it's fucking summer.

when is it not summer?

Is there a Holla Forums server that gets a lot of players? What servers do you guys play on?
Email me your steam addy if you want to play.

I killed Duke Fishron and all I got was this lousy book.

You know you don't have to wait till night to fight the Duke?

wat

Razorblade Typhoon is my fetish

It got me my werewolf buff.
And I'm doing a melee build.

Not to mention I used all my chlorophite up so I've got to go on an exursion to make more homing bullets- or make Specter bars for the high-end robes if I used it.

I did use the Razorblade in my second battle, but it didn't help pop bubbles.

Shit taste detected.

jolly good

I hope one day Red comes out and says "we didn't try as hard as we could to expand the world limitations so next update will add space biome"

It's back now

Did you update to the latest tModLoader version?
I tried latest and tried downgrading, both times said my version is wrong

I'd say there's still a possibility for that. Although it might be easier to add a space world type instead of expand the map since they ran into save stability issues with trying to implement extra large worlds.
Then again a year and a half ago the devs thought it wasn't possible to to make trees grow with the player on screen, so who knows.

that base is pure eye rape

Just make a Chlorophyte farm you fucking nerd

is anyone currently hosting a server for Holla Forums?

I've seen a lot worse.

there's always worse but that isn't an excuse for it

Then again I've seen a lot better too.

this

hmmmmmpf

No kidding. They sort of dropped the ball with the interior and furniture but the house itself is pretty nice.

While we're on the subject, where are all the meteorite brick houses? Or even meteorite builds in general? I've hardly seen any since 1.3 was released over a year ago. Seems pretty odd for a new block as striking as meteorite brick that has the full assortment of furniture to go along with it. These, along with the other two I posted, are the only examples I've got saved at all, and three of them I got recently from here.

Anybody knows where to get schematics these days?

I want to dick around in terraria, but my 'tism is not sufficient enough for me to bother spending hours getting the materials and shit to build what I want.

Just want to edit my world in TEdit and populate it with some nice prefabs.

Anyone playing on xbla?

If so, post tour gt and I'll add.

Damn kids and their newfangled lingo. Why don't you speak english you little shit?

HELLOOOOOOOO NURSE!

thanks

i want to romance the party girl

just throw water into the lava and dig holes through any obstacle

everyone else already has if you catch my meaning.