Strange Vidya Music

Let's have a theme this time.

How about music that goes just short of crazy?

Bump. This thread has some potential.

Let me find some shit real quick OP

bump

I wanna hear more, but I don't have any material

Is this crazy enough? It's a bit tame but sorta fits.

Best one coming through

This work? Entire premise of this and other songs like it throughout the series is that a character in the party's sanity has run out and they go into an uncontrollable berserker state.

The whole series outside of the comedy scene tracks fits considering the composer was a genius wacko man who had the wonderfully wonderful bright idea to mix industrial sounds with muffled tribal chanting and audio feedback

The game itself is strange, but you are right, this is rather tame.

STRANGER, STRANGER

Strange vidya music you say.

Some of the best tracks in the series utilize strange time signitures or none at all to emphasize strangeness and the unknown.

It's pretty great.

Actually like five different tracks in the game that serve that purpose, depending on the location (Asia or Europe) and enemy type (normal, boss, final boss).

Correction: Composers. The first game has Yasunori Mitsuda and Yoshitaka Hirota, Covenant has Mitsuda, Hirota, and Kenji Ito. FtNW has Hirota and Tomoko Imouto who worked on it.

kek

Ah, that makes sense. The musical feel did change after 1, from calm to frantic.

FtNW did use a lot of guitar as well compared to past games.

Also love how strange some of the names for these are. "Melt down" I suppose is a bit normal, but there's stuff like "Ghosts jogging," "bate me bate me," "SSC - Special short cuts," and "sicking fucking."

Now you dun it user.

that is very strange please here's my revenge

The option music in Eternal Darkness always intrigued the fuck out of me.

It's heard nowhere else in the game and only shows up in the option menu.

Yeah, there's a somewhat different tone in the composition, as well as the series on the whole as it went on (Aruze apparently bitched at Sacnoth to make something more normal since players in Japan had apparently complained about Shadow Hearts being too dark and weird). And specific to the compositions, I'm not sure why Mitsuda didn't return.

Also kind of wish the insanity tracks in the later two games were their own separate things, rather than distorted mixes of the base tracks.

I used to love smuggler's run and the sequel as a kid, showed me how subjective laws really are. Just search up Detroit Techno, you'll find some cool shit

wrong thread?

Ah shit ignore me

Didn't realize you were talking about music.

It's a shame, honestly. But at least the combat system was freakin' sweet, a definite improvement, or at least a good variation on the ring system
WHOWANTSFRIEDBANANAS

Speaking of Eternal Darkness, if memory serves (I could be wrong), as far as the soundtrack goes, "Ashes to Ashes" didn't even make it into the actual game as the background music for the chapter it would have been for.

Oh shit I didn't even know that!

Thanks for sharing user.

In a way, but Covenant and FtNW are still pretty damn good in my experiences, and certainly not without their darker moments. And the further refinements to combat were also quite welcome.

What I like is that the dark, creepy, and at times chaotic atmosphere of the games allowed for some really fucking weird composition that still manages to feel right at home. Not sure how well some of the tracks would fit into other JRPGs.

I think the actual track that they went with wound up being "The Chosen" like they used in some of the other chapters within The Forbidden City.

what the fuck is going on

I really should not have put this thread's tab right next to the music one. I keep expecting happy shit.

Beat me to it.

I guess I'll post this one.

I think it's supposed to represent somebody choking to death but struggling. There are even some noticeable gagging sounds in there. It's perfect for the events that have previously unfold

C'mon, Holla Forums, step it up