When's the first suicide going to be Holla Forums?

When's the first suicide going to be Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBYRIZA44Eg
boards.4chan.org/v/thread/342839810/lmfao
m.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1tuf3c/this_is_why_mark_kern_was_removed_as_ceo_by_red_5/
reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rs5vq/compiling_a_list_of_predictions_and_allegations/
web.archive.org/web/20130430005139/http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably some fat loser numale who lost his wife and son due to spending too much money on ship .jpgs.

IT'S THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE GENRE!

Like this guy?

That always looked to me like a giant middle finger.

Yeah, just like him.

I just don't understand, I can get being really hyped for a game, but not to this cult-like degree of spending not just hundreds but thousands of dollars on items that don't exist, and won't exist when the servers shut down.

when the game turns out to be fun and Holla Forums can't handle being wrong

One of my mates is really into this game, and he's still optimistic about it. I dunno how he's going to handle it if the game ends up not being too good.

Nah I say this fat nigger is going to be the first causality.

so how big is your tab for this game m8

how many jpgs have you bought

If it's good, I'll eat my words, especially knowing I'm not Derek Smart.

But it seems so impossible, and I can't understand throwing down up to hundreds on a game.

Thats both pathetic and fascinating. Like Darren Aronofsky film.

They are making a game from scratch.

It's not like AAA games where they create a simple game engine and release re-skins yearly of the first game they made.

$30 i have minimum jpg

the best part about this is the people paying literally all of their personal savings like just to fund and fill in any issues of funding waste that robert's ambition will create.

Then there are the people who insist their donation ships are supposed to retain value after release. Good luck when you can just get everything in-game, those guys are most likely to kill themselves when all their "investments" are devalued to shit.

More like they're throwing a bunch of percussion instruments into a dryer then hoping they'll play Vivaldi.

Where can I read up about this whole boondoggle? I haven't been playing close attention but from the little bits I've heard, this is my understanding:

This is where I am sort of murky

Is there more?

Those who buy Star Citizen will be recycled.

What happened to that escapist legal stuff that was going on last fall? Kind of just went quiet.

They threatened lawsuit, but knew that they would be blown wide open if it went to court.

In essence, that's all it is, actually: fucking ship imagery.
Would you pay top dollar for reaction images?

At which point /v will buy the game on Steam like a normal person instead of being a stupid idiot who pre orders games on Kickstarter.

It's important to understand that they had presented a perfectly doable, small scale game to kickstarter. Once they caught a taste of that delicious crowd funding money, they completely changed their sane product goal to the current overly ambitious Featurebloat Prime with no end of development in sight.

From there they opened their own direct funding service in order to not be held responsible by anyone and combined that with literal promises for sale.

So… RSI paid off escapist and everything was dropped?

do you understand what that word actually means

Man that's fucked.

It's not a question of it coming out, it's a question of it ever not being a janky bug-ridden tech demo with one system.
This is around the point where the underlying mechanics should be ironed out and they're just creating content, but they're not, or else they'd be showing more of it. They'd be showing SQ42 missions, or these "hand-crafted" star systems they're talking about but they don't exist. They're late, and could easily run out of money.

I hesitate to spend money on gas and groceries. How can someone be so irresponsible with money that doesn't even fully belong to them?

But he made the right decision. I mean, why let 3DPD dictate what a man wants to do with his own money?

Am I right or what, Reddit?

Oh, Jesus.

Oh, sweet Jesus.

Please tell me this is an elaborate troll.

Reminder that Wing Commander 1-3, Armada, and Privateer all came out in a period shorter than SC's development time so far.

I wonder if it will go on long enough to eclipse the rise and fall of the space sim genre.

because its people like him that directly contribute to the money grubbing kikes that are destroying the games industry
if people in general were smarter and better informed and didn't buy into garbage like shekel citizen the jews wouldn't make any money and would go prey on some other industry instead

Honestly either way I'm gonna have fun, if the game comes out and is good and this guy makes mad bank on his dosh, I get a cool game and I get to harvest salt from you goys, but if the game is bad I get to see people kill themselves over a game and I get to see Chris Roberts murdered, both outcomes are equally good to me, just like Brexit.

Yep. The guy at the head of all of it, Chris Roberts, is a fucking idiot. That's putting it nicely.

With all of that money he made, he hired genuinely competent people that were experienced in the space sim genre. They told him what he wanted couldn't really be done. Did he budge? Nope. They all left because why the fuck would you stay on a ship headed right for a cliff wall when your captain thinks everything will be fine?

All these fools saying "if it's good it's a win win either way" aren't really understanding that there's literally zero chance the game will be even half decent. The director is possibly the most incompetent man for the job. A completely amateur director would do better because they don't have the inflated sense of self-worth Roberts has.

Why bother typing these posts when you'll get completely ass-flustered at the first post pointing out how wrong you are?

It's not exactly an arduous task to type this shit out.

I could see why you would think that though, seeing as you might be retarded.

Talk about projecting insecurities.

If Roberts has failed so dramatically, why is the company still afloat with three development studios? With members of the original cry engine development team no less.

So what's the game even about? All I know is some space bullshit, but I thought NMS already covered the flop bomb slot for that

Perhaps it is that some people are essentially animals, that they find their vices and pleasures so powerful it overrides their reason.

Perhaps it is that these are even the majority of men, whose pathological tastes decide for all by their sheer numbers in our current society, even those who have mastered themselves.

Perhaps it is that this should not be the case.

Nobody has claimed that he's failed to take money off of idiots.

The only thing worse than Star Citizen cucks are the morons who circlejerk every fucking day about it and reply 20 times to everyone saying it might be okay with LOL JPG PONZI SCHEME I'M RIGHT LOL

You've certainly proved your point!

Except that wasn't the point. Coordinating these studios is no easy task, especially when lined up with weekly media content production.

So how has Roberts failed?

Thread Theme

You asked if Roberts has failed, why has the company stayed afloat.
They've stayed afloat because of the money that suckers have poured and keep pouring into them.

explain how having a successful company that makes money means they have failed.

explain how ongoing development means it isn't happening.

Desperately trying to keep the entire discussion an economic argument which is easy to win. Nobody is talking about them "succeeding" on a balance sheet. People are talking about them failing to make a good game, being behind on schedule, and whether or not it will ever launch at all.

As for "muh ongoing development", this means nothing. It is not enough to say that they're working on it. Where is the progress? You would argue that men marching around in a circle are going somewhere.

In the last month they've released two major content patches adding in persistence, shopping, new ships, new areas and gameplay improvements, as well as developed code meant to build on for future updates.

what schedule?

try the dogfighting simulator or the persistent universe, both are quite fun.

so I guess all games are made in a day after a magic fairy wishes for it?

Really?

You're serious?

Maybe you should look up what a video game director/producer's role is.

It has consistently been delayed, because what he's asking for isn't feasible the way he's asking for it. Want to know why they're still hiring? Because people keep leaving and very few people want to work for them. Do you think having sheer man power makes a game? Hiring replacements doesn't instantly mean they pick up where the last person left off, they have been be brought up to speed. All of that takes time.

Let's not forget that they've shut down studios already. This shit started in 2012?He has failed UTTERLY at planning out this game. If we were here to discuss his profitability and Jew power level, you'd have a point. You're extraordinarily naive and I honestly can't believe it.

Guys
I figured out who the first suicide is gonna be

actually all staff appointments are readily visible and open on their website. They've expanded their staff a lot, a few people have left to work on other things but the number that has left is much less than new hires.
go check it out, it's not like it's hidden or anything.

i'll give you that, there are blockers but a lot of them have been worked through. Most game development takes years in the background before it ever sees advertisement or publicity. Most companies have timelines set up for quite a while before they move on them, it's not really a problem.

they started FUNDING in 2012, there's a distinction there. the next year was setting up the studio, then development began to ramp up.

oh fuck off, come back with a real argument.

Show me.

2014 was the original release date, but Cloud Imperium has given the title a rough launch window of 2016.

That schedule. "Oh, that schedule". Yes. That schedule. Not that you won't try this angle again in the next thread, this discussion mysteriously slipping your mind like all other times.

No, it just means your retarded concept of effort=product isn't correct.

I had a good laugh at this comment

Ignore derailong attention whores
Do not reply to derailers
You have beem warned

go look it up you fucking moron, they post what they've been working on every week. It's readily available information.
well guess what, it's fucking not. I responded to your point, i'm not going to fucking spoonfeed you.

that you lifted on wikipedia? that nobody at there company has actually said this? A date that was guessed when funding first started for a barebones simulator? please.
come on, go look up what they ACTUALLY fucking said about the full game. Once they had a blueprint, THEN they started detailing expected outcomes. They've been clear about delays and reasons for them.

development takes time, sometimes, development is ONGOING. you're a retard and I said nothing about effort vs. product.

I haven't actually paid much attention to this game, just the insane amount of drama surrounding it, is there a concise list of all the fuckups/lies/bullshit from Derek Smart?

Holy shit nigga. Calm the fuck down. Just because you spent your kid's college fund on a shitty kickstarter doesn't mean you have to defend your decision on a laotian puppetshow imageboard.

Are you this much in denial?

Whoops forgot to unsage

if i'm rustled it's only because idiots with logical fallacies think they know everything when they clearly don't know even the first thing about anything.

The funding targets reached during the early stages of the development cycle led to a dramatic rescaling. The bearing THIS had on the game's output meant actually extending their module targets to get the level of detail each target requires.

The proof of this has been in the consistency of the patch releases and both ends of the scale for content output.

Just because the fans are whipped beyond belief doesn't make the game any less of a success.

Or are you going to respond with some Derek Smart tier shit about how Chris Roberts has betrayed his most loyal fans and rules with an iron fist.

I did too, but it was before they decided to massively overscope the game like is talking about.

The original idea was just a space combat sim with ships you can walk around in, not this persistent universe bullshit.

I haven't quite regretted it yet though, the ship combat is currently pretty decent but on foot needs a lot of work. The persistent universe bullshit is barebones but it does work, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do go and pull it off. They certainly have the money to do so, at least.

I said I was rustled. reading comprehension.

besides, you try researching a point, knowing what you're talking about, responding politely and being met with only

it's aggravating.

Gee golly. I'm pretty sure your Messiah Roberts Christ said himself they began development a year before even starting crowd funding.

Your naivety is truly a wonder, like a newborn child. Please record your suicide for our pleasure.

I guess time doesn't operate the same Roberts land. 22 months after the kickstarter was the big promised date.

And yet you still ask why I know Chris Roberts is fucking garbage at his job?

Now that I think about it, your lot probably wouldn't commit suicide because you've convinced yourselves this will truly be the second coming of Christ, no matter the outcome. Unfortunate.

It's alright dude just hit the [X] in the corner it'll all go away.

you are more invested in this game that I ever was or ever will be, you should realize that.
then get a fucking life, loser.

The game is playable, it's in development, and even if it takes another year or two it will have more features and there will be people still playing, and enjoying it, no matter how much you bitch, scream and cry.

have a nice day, retard.

I'm sure it's only a click or two away from your mod profile on the forums.

You mean "Chris Roberts" in multiple sourced interviews?

Actually, you did. You replied to a question of progress by stating that there was continued effort, which means you believe that just for them trying, they are succeeding. Like I said, you'd argue men marching in a circle are going somewhere.

this is fucking pointless.

I'm laughing.

I wonder how he ended up in a circle.

?

Never seen a game so hotly debated which side is salty. The future's looking more interesting by the thread.

formatting

gay

The demo worked fine, the only thing that seems impossible is the scope.

Yeah, it is what you were saying. Otherwise, you would demonstrate some concrete milestones. You have the fundamental disability of believing that just because people are working on something, work is actually getting completed.

As you've ceded all other points, probably best for you to slink off and wait for the next thread to shill in.

what is this song?

I spend money on a lot of dumb shit, like surplus army gear and some reproductions, but at least it's physical objects. Spending 1K on a video game alone is crazy, but 20K in virtual goods is just plain stupid.

But at least it was an epic troll am I right.

Will the record ever be broken?

I consider vidya a passion of mines, but seriously what the actual fuck!
20k for one game!
I don't get it, I just don't get it…

Totally not a cult, guys

Dude, you're making this board a worse place to post on.

Just stop.

You can fuck off now. Come back when you have an actual game instead of cancelled hopes and dreams.

Hey now user, this is a bully free zone. Please don't hurt feelings, you damn goobygator.

And how big's your tab, boyo? How many .jpgs are in your hangar as of right now?

This is literally enron 2.0 electric boogaloo

Something creepy about this.

I'm not talking about the game.

I'm talking about posting a five word max. bait post and then sticking around so you can wank off your ego by posting a harsh reply.

It wouldn't be an issue in one thread, but it happens across the board.

A discussion can't take place without someone pulling some total hilarity, and then when some poor sap responds, they inevitably get dog piled. Other posters are picking up on it and then proclaim it as part of the unique board culture, when it just kills anything meaningful happening in a thread.

And what exactly is there to discuss when there is no finished and released game?

Should we have a riveting discussion of Rockstar's The Agent, a PS3 exclusive game they announced at E3 many years ago? Which totally is not cancelled?

Oh I know, maybe we can discuss the recent user agreement change they made that says you can't get refunds anymore unless they announce they will cease development entirely? Such a move only exists to plug the leak on their sinking ship as people try to get out of this looming disaster.

hi derek

haha, it's funny how you seem to have supernatural abilities to spot lies, but you can't spot the most obvious of them all. The only thing roberts was "developing" before the crowdfunding was his big pitch.

Maybe Reddit's more your speed, pal.

You can have a discussion without pulling the entire thing into a 'wow isn't that poster x' when it's usually just wanting to voice an opinion which goes against the paranoid group think which stalks this fucking site.

Star Citizen is the epitome of this. Nobody can post in one without some paranoid fear of being labelled a 'shill' for discussing the game, yet everytime a fucker remakes the thread for the sub 30 post count it regularly pulls out.

If you're so unimaginative in your discussion, maybe you should take

advice and fuck off to reddit. Fuckers like you are crippling any post quality this site once had. Across every fucking board.

Silly me, I forgot that this was a SERIOUS video game discussion board for SERIOUS VIDEO GAME DISCUSSIONS only.

I'm going with the goons for maximum saltiness. After being BTFO by a fat hamplanet they've been unravelling to the point where the entire internet thinks they're a joke. It doesn't help that they've adopted the internets greatest "troll".

Both sides are living in a dream world, but the RSI side are dreaming of an impossible game being released, while the goons are dreaming that that impossible game doesn't have over a 100m in funding and an almost feature complete alpha.

Give me more salt.

There's a difference between "I like this game because I played it and the combat was satisfying and it has great teamwork blah blah blah" and "NO U GUISE STOP CRITICIZING MUH KICKSTARTER GAEM I PAYED $200 FOR MY NON-EXISTENT SHIPS PLZ NO :((((("

There is absolutely no argument to be made for this "game" yet because there is no fucking game yet.

If you don't want to get bullied for being a retard that buys games that don't exist, then you shouldn't post about the game until it's actually released.

Well he most definitely had a ton of jpgs for the kickstarter pitch, which is basically the same as now four years later.

I've gotta give credit where it's due, that jpg team has been on point for five years running now.

I don't even give a fuck about the game, I just enjoy the salt and SCDF ITT.

There is a game, else it why post it to the board at all.

Nearly every thread like these have devolved into meaningless bonfires because spastics like you can't bare an opinion which differs from your own. There are probably one or two decent threads left on Holla Forums.

Maybe you can go and put them out of their misery.

Instead of actually making points about how good the "Game" supposedly is and backing it up with evidence via fucking gameplay webms or something, you immediately jump into whiny bitch mode and have nothing to offer because you are too afraid that we are just going to refute whatever you put up.

Try having an actual argument.

You do know that you can fly around in a persistent universe, buy ships, and shoot at other players right? You aren't one of those people that think that the entire game is literally just walking around your hangar still, right?

I don't think the game will be very good, but I'm tired of people who bash it for the wrong reasons. The aspects of it that deserve criticism is a lack of balance in ship combat, FPS combat is very clunky, there should be some sort of upgrade system for your ship like EVE's, and there also needs to be more of an economy, also like EVE. There also needs to be more stuff to do like setting up player factions, setting up locations on planets that manufacture ships or collect resources, and lots of varied missions.

The game is not just ship jpgs, and the people that actually buy those are retards.

Go

back

to

reddit

faggot

The amazing thing about the Pillars of Creation is that they're just a small part of a much bigger nebula.

OK I'll bite.

Define this properly. Right now it's just a marketing buzzword. I was just watching some patch video on Youtube a second ago, and they mentioned that if you get a bounty on your head it stays on you even if you log out. Persistence. What else falls in this category that is currently playable, and does it actually do something worthwhile for the gameplay?

Oh yes, we all know you can buy ships. Lots and lots of ships. A fraction of them are even flyable.

OK
Here's a major gripe I've always had. The game was supposed to be Wing Commander, not Call of Duty: Space Edition. This game suffered absolutely massive feature bloat due to the constant funding. We should have had a new Wing Commander years ago, and then what they are making now could have been a sequel.

That video I mentioned did talk about customizing ship load out, so it does seem like they are working on it.

Goons are salivating at the thought.

Generally what I'm getting at here is that there's a lot of buggy unfinished and unimplemented stuff, so there's not really a game to talk about until it's actually finished.

I mean you can buy a ship (in game, not the $20000 shit), store it in a space station, log out, and go back to it in a server full of other players. You can also interact with those other players and kill them, steal their shit, or team up with them.

I wasn't referring to the jpgs, I mean in game with in game currency

the game was supposed to be wing commander with the ability to infiltrate an enemy ship and fight on the inside, and to do that the FPS combat should be better

that's nice to hear

A barebones game is still a game, and it is somewhat enjoyable (mostly just for the gwafix and novelty though). I think that it's a game that deserves actual discussion, whether it be positive or negative. Constant shitposting or shillery is pointless and gives people a very warped perception on what exactly the game currently is.

Star Citizen might be alright but it's not going to be even half as good as Fallout 4

That's not exactly a new and revolutionary idea. I've played 13 year old Korean MMOs that allow me to take my characters and items to any server.

To what degree currently? How big are the combat zones? How many players total can be in a fight? Do you have any gameplay footage of players enjoying this feature right now?

I guess the size of a station, at least for on foot. For ship vs ship combat it seems like it would be any arbitrary size, from what I played at my buddies house there wasn't any restriction on that sort of thing.
Depends on the server I suppose? We came across three big ships at one point with 13 dudes between them, I didn't see any sort of limit on how many people could fight eachother at once.

embed related has a dude that goes on a mission and runs into another player and they fight eachother, if that's what you're looking for.

Alright, I guess this does look like it's coming along somewhat reasonably. Your posts are actually worthwhile, instead of like the other guy who didn't even try and just went full autist.

I'd love the game to be an amazing work of perfection, but the development cycle of it thus far just had way too many red flags for me to trust, and many others on Holla Forums feel the same way. We've been burned by small shit before, we know not to dump thousands into something that could really burn us even harder.

Yeah, I don't know if you read a post I made earlier but I was one of the poor schmucks that backed it before they decided to massively overscope the project. I'm honestly surprised that they made it this far, and I straight up did not believe my buddy when he told me that they had working PU stuff with actual open world PVP until I went to his house and he showed me (he was a good goy that gave them lots of his shekels for ship jpgs and so that he could play the alpha before anyone else). But the point is that obviously as someone that backed it I'd love to see it actually be successful as well, and it is somewhat frustrating seeing so many people have absolutely no idea what stage the game is at right now just constantly shit on problems it no longer has because I myself was in that position recently.

True dat.

Buy cheap, get game. Everything else can be unlocked.

No risk, no reward, m8.
That's why you'll never see games you like made.

Yes, the consumer should take the risks of the developer.
It has always been like this and there were no good games before kickstarter.

I payed 40 bucks and I like what I have played so far
The community is cancer though

What fairy tale land do you live in?

The flood of tears when people realize that the game isn't a veritable Messiah of Gaming will be glorious. "BUT IT THOUGHT IT WOULD GET A COMPLETE FPS MODE?? WHY ARE ALL THE PLANETS I LAND ON SHIT?? WHY IS THIS GAME P2W?? WHY IS THIS GAME NOT P2W, I PAID 5000 BUCKS FOR MUH SHIPS AND I GET KILLED BY PEOPLE IN PVP?!?!"

So you agree?
There were no good games before kickstarter.

HAHAHA

im somewhat optimistic that it will eventualy, but holy fuck are they wasting money and time on retarded shit.
except that you dont even notice any of that bullshit except for the fact that everything is a bit more clunky than it has to be. the impact on gameplay is minimal and negative, yet they delayed arena commander for half a year to get it working.

again, there are no benefits, it can only make the game more clunky, they had to delay the fps module for half a year AND IT STILL PLAYS LIKE SHIT. they were proud when they managed to get the guns to actualy aim at the middle of the screen, because with the retarded fucking system they build that was actualy a real challange that took them weeks to fix.

this could be one of the greatest games of all time and it is beeing fucked up the ass by a man who is completely and utterly out of touch with the reality of game development.

But they're using CryEngine 3 which is a drag&drop sdk.

Makes me wonder… perhaps they're planning to develop these individual bits with the sweet sweet free Kikestarter money and later use them in other games that they can sell regularly. Like the FPS sections but don't care about space ships? Buy our FPS module goy!

Went and had a look, zero content patches going back at least three months

Please webcast your suicide.

There was a guy on 4chan who set himself on fire iirc.

Fuck I hate Kickstarter. Pre-order culture brought to its logical conclusion.

Which is totally irrelevant to anything.
Space Sims were a dying genre. The success of the the SC kickstarter is what gave it a revitalizing shot, and why were seeing a few more games being made.
Even if SC fails to be a good game, money spent on SC has not gone to waste.

Try reddit.

You say that in jest, but it's guaranteed.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

There is a game? It is out? What will they think of next, beyond good&evil 2?

Fuck you this is the most retarded thing I read today congrats.

I can only hope you are underage and literally don't know any better.

Back in my time devs tried to make good games and hoped people would buy them.

It was a win-win for consumers.

Then they tried to push pre-ordering.

And now we are at the next phase: Kickstarter.

I envy your ignorance. You don't know what you have lost.

Disgusting. But then again, not surprising.

I remember reading somewhere that a large amount of furries like Warhammer 40k.

The irony.

What's even more terrifying is the consideration that the $20,000 number is just primary expenses for Star Citizen. You also have to consider ancillary expenses as well. His rig, for example. The guy probably thinks that he needs an absolute top of the line setup with multiple monitors and a crazy gaming chair as well. If he spent his kid's college savings on it, then you might as well count lost income as a secondary cost. This poor bastard ruined his life and the life of his children over a fucking video game. What a waste.

Kid was fucked either way with a parent this retarded

thanks fam

It will pay off. All you doubters need to fuck off and die. Have you seen the lastest gameplay? It's awesome. All we're waiting on is content release.

i honestly dont give a shit what they do from a buisness point of view, im never going to support them anyways, because of all the shit they have done so far.
but even if they were to do that, thats no reason to build those modules in the most retarded way possible.

wait wait wait, is this guy really fucking defending Chris Roberts and shill citizen? I mean like…holy fuck, I know people get invested in the dumbest things emotionally but holy shit

Thats the best part, normally we have to screencap retards on neogaf or twitter but this time they are actually here.

I INVESTED $18,600 BECAUSE STAR CITIZEN WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE

TELL ME HOW FUCKING MAD YOU ARE FOR BEING POOR

TELL ME HOW FRUSTRATED YOU ARE THAT I INVESTED MORE THAN EVERYTHING YOU OWN IN A VIDEO GAME THAT I BELIEVE IN

noones going to fall for it, you have to be more subtle

We have a 1000 year window to get there and see Pillars of Creation up close (liek 1000 light years close), let's see how the world is doing in space travel;

Sure, Oort Cloud might be the maximum feasible distance we can travel. Or not, since we can't even get there.

So yeah, it is a cosmic middle finger, you can see it but can do nothing about it.

and then there's me, a star citizen, embracing the future today

As if someone that rich would be on Holla Forums.

obviously

even on high end hardware it runs like shit right now, and even if it runs well its clunky as shit

no, there are not.

i can see how you are looking forward to the future, since the game you are playing is borderline unplaybale right now.

now this is proper bait not like that shit

So is Wing Commander any good? Looks fun.

It lacks balance and it could use some more depth in the kinds of maneuvers or weapons you can use, but overall it is fun if you like spess combat.

What is the evidence that Star Citizen is as badly managed as Holla Forums claims? I keep hearing how fucking awful the game is and yet I haven't really seen any proper evidence, except for a couple of big delays.

This is good bait. Its almost like a redditor posted here.

theyre doing things in a retarded way, but they're doing things that others have deemed to be "too hard" previously.

for example the 1st/3rd person models shit isn't just an arbritary "FIDELITY" goalpost; it's a holy grail of TPS/FPS animation. The guys from cryengine that are working on it now worked on it before at crytek and they had to shelve it because it was too fucking hard. well now with some millions of dollars, their best guys and TIME and they have finally fucking nailed it down. that's a problem solved that no other game has managed to do before and now can be used again by other developers (who use cryengine, good goys). Same goes for large world addressing. They had to hack that functionality in to the engine, now they're almost finished making it a core component.

The evidence is anecdotal, but there is evidence. The big delays are the hard evidence, and they had nothing to show off at their convention but a model of Gary Oldman and a cake.

youtube.com/watch?v=OBYRIZA44Eg

Hahahaha are you serious? I hope you are getting paid for this because if you are doing it for free you should really consider killing yourself.

Why do people so interested in a MMO just because it's space themed? To have any mass appeal (and therefore sales), it will need to accommodate the WoW/GW audience, so it's not going to take a lot of study and effort to operate "complex" space vehicles. It is a GAME, not a SIM. Unless 85 IQ people can operate the space ships, then the game is dead in the waters.

This is the same problem E:D has. With every update, they increase the amount of things you can *do* but the "doing" is the same simple WW1-ish flight model vidya game shit that it always has been. They'll never add to the technical complexity of the ships, add ship-specific computer and handling caveats, add useful, advanced info to the HUD, etc.

Rogue System is the only space sim out there that is even scratching the surface of what would be involved in operating a space-capable vehicle. Imagine if that game had just 1 or 2 millions dollars injected into its budget..

Aren't they out of money yet?

Oh boy, I can't wait to run into one of 13 other players amongst the 100 handcrafted star systems that will be there on launch!

You morons really don't get it do you? They'll never give you what they promised, so you're settling for anything at this point. Where's the massive single player campaign? Where's any of the aforementioned 100 star systems? How many of the JPG ships are actually usable now?

Five years later and you want to tell me that saving individual's information serverside is a major accomplishment? Just about every fucking game has "persistence" now. Their own jpg store sure has fuck had "persistence" years ago.

It's beyond me how you're not realizing how absolutely everything they've let you get your hands on so far is all they have. After years and 100+ million dollars, you can do the most absolute basic things! Look, it's actually progressing! Don't mind those bugs, we're calling it an alpha so it's okay!

Maybe if Roberts weren't absolutely incompetent they would have made this "progress" two years ago.

Just think how much could have been accomplished with that budget if SC set out to be a single-player, ship/systems-focused, non-MMO game from the start.

Yes you are smarter than all the publishers who told Roberts to fuck off.

You are the next Warren Buffett. Not some average person waiting to be kike scammed.

Who needs EA right? Gamers are have so much more business sense!

Kickstarter was made for idiots with too much disposable income. Hell this entire industry relies on people like that.

I still giggle like a fucking schoolgirl when i see that comic posted.

even with the bugs its still fun man

enjoy this webm, hard to imagine this dreamgame is actually in development,and led by the visionary Chris Roberts as well, squadron 42 is absolutely going to destroy the competition

Just posting some footage of the new underwear spacewalk module of Star Citizen

Nigger I'm not here for the persistent universe, I was one of the poor schmucks that backed the game before all of that bullshit happened. All I want is an autistically detailed spess combat sim where the ship combat and foot combat are seamless. I don't care if the persistent universe completely fails, I don't even want the planet module, I just want them to balance their fucking game and make the FPS gameplay less clunky and have more weapon variety.

also please tell me that comic is ironic jesus fucking christ

This bait would work on reddit and it might even work on halfchan, but I'd suggest you cut out some stuff like "visionary" and "destroy the competition."

Rogue System is the only space sim out there that is even scratching the surface of what would be involved in operating a space-capable vehicle. Imagine if that game had just 1 or 2 millions dollars injected into its budget..

Being as I am a cantankerous bastard I have only the faintest of hopes that Rogue system will produce a worthwhile game but I'll be damned if it isn't a glorious thing to see developers focus on gameplay complexity and immersion for once.

mentioning rouge system

I love you guys. It pains me that these fucking morons fund this fantasy trash rather than a real space sim.

Micheal Juliano is struggling just to keep his sound designer, works alone, and STILL has a more functional game. He listens and implements user input too.

Graphics are a lowest common denominator method to achieve immersion. The true component to immersion is FOCUS. If you are focused, you are immersed, whether you're reading a novel, working on a unix terminal, or playing a game.

Watch 3 minutes of this Rogue System tutorial and tell me it doesn't get you FOCUSED. I might buy a HMD one day just to play this one game.

I'm considering buying TrackIR for it

fucking this.

The most immersive game I've played is Distant Worlds. Even though I'm pausing like crazy, I'll be blissfully unaware of the time while feeling like a Space Emperor.

Try Armada 2325 if you liked that game

What really boggles my fucking mind when it comes to star citizen — if we forget about bullshit like the lack of inertia and childish ship designs — is they did jack shit to exploit the benefits of t he plug and play engine they chose.

It could've been piss easy for them to run a scheme in which they provided a complete toolkit for regular people to create mods and then paid a symbolic fee to gain full ownership of the best ones, that way allowing their paid staff to work on the important fundamentals like netcode, server infrastructure and gameplay features while a legion of neckbeards churn out all the content you need.

Bohemia have attempted something similair with Arma, just without giving modders tools worth a shit or providing any sort of documentation for their decades old engine. Oh and their paid staff are complete fucking retards who don't know their way around their own engine and couldn't put in any actual work towards gameplay fundamentals or engine improvements even if they had any such ambition.

does it have ship design like DW?

I have no words

That's how this cancerous industry works user.

Chris Roberts is a big name. It is "bankable"- you need hype and marketing. And credit to Roberts and his wife: they know how to sell shit.

yes

If you truly believe that, then why do you spend your days complaining that games aren't being made to your tastes, while at the same time not buying or showing any actual interest in them outside these boards?

Entertainment/creative media doesn't come with guarnatees, you faggot. It's not like a toaster. No one can gaurantee enjoyment. You can write the greatest story ever told with the best characters ever made, and best gameplay ever and I can still shit on it and hate it…for reasons.
There are no guarnatees. Buys must ALWAYS beware. Even when buying simple things like food. Life is shitty, welcome to reality, faggot.

Just how naive do YOU have to be to believe that you will change anything in the industry? You're not willing to risk anything.

Not to mention you are fucking assuming out of your ass… that developers "don't want to make good games". That's bullshit.

or Anthony Burch

What do you think happens when a medium grows this big? Developers may want to make good games but the suits wont let them anyway, its all about playing it safe and getting more profit than the last game.

I blew 500 dollars on this game

it's nowhere near done

FPS module when?

The same reason why apparently most people live paycheck to paycheck, even all the way up through upper-middle class jobs: people are fucking idiots with no fiscal sense.

I'm more of a frugal tightwad than most of the people I know, user. My parents were the same way, which is probably where I got it from. 'Treating myself' is when I get name brand stuff at the store instead of store brand. Going out to eat on my own dime is rare because I'm loathed to spend $20+ on a single meal. Etc.

The concept of someone who could, with a functioning brain, spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ship jpegs and the promise of an as yet unmade game is positively alien to me.

And I make 75k/yr.

time for you to blow your brains out user

I have a job and like 5 times that much just laying around

the real lesson came when I realized I don't even play video games I buy after thousands of dollars invested into vidia

so I stopped even after getting a decent rig that can play new stuff and I just buy 55 dollar computers and dick around with linux

magically I am having more fun than most vidia

I just bought the 60bux squadron 42 + starcitizen package. wat do now?

Buy Invest in all the jpegs

kill yourself for falling for this scam

enjoy waiting for years until the project runs out of funding

Still waiting on that post that'll point out how wrong he is.

there a thread on 4chin
boards.4chan.org/v/thread/342839810/lmfao
seems to be 50/50.

jesus christ user why?

You don't even get any of the good shit for preordering at this point

you just blew money on a fully funded game with no release in sight, there was no reason to do that

all of that said download the game from the site

Just stay there instead.

ok man.

you can't even say NIGGER there any more

I lol'd.

Facebook is even more popular, so it must be the best place to discuss shit right?

anyone give me a brief hisory of what happened whit this game? i cant recall why star citizen is dying

if facebook had a chan catalog layout it would be top tier. but it doesn't.

Fuck off jew

poor managment really

though it's hard to say if it's dying it's just incredibly suspect and doubtful that it will release

Just wait for this years citizencon

conventions are always cancer user

I just checked for updates and it's downloading the Intro now

seems they are going for the early access model which will allow them to milk players with big wallets

I buy games user. I don't fund them.

I'm not smart enough to carry the risks of investing in this industry. I am a gamer, not an investor.

I am not in a rush to throw money at pipedreams.

good man user

that is a solid mindset

that's great, I wish somebody did that for something like a capital ship and not just one man fighters. Also start trek aesthetics are terrible.

I'm also wondering if Chris Roberts REALLY has his own money invested in Star Citizen. My guess is that he has a golden parachute ready and waiting. He survived that Wingcommander movie pretty well.

That's the problem with Kickstarter: all those gamers who think they have what it takes to be a game publisher.

If you fund Star Citizen can you go to the studio and look at what is going on? Do you have access to the financial records?

Just throwing money at something and hope that it will all work out sounds like a terrible idea.

It's like going to look at the old home you grew up in only to see that is a run-down decrepit shithole filled with several families of niggers.

For some in the medium, yes.
But it's a big medium with a lot of companies, big and small.

You're always investing when buying a game.
Investing in the company and in your enjoyment. And risking your money.

Sure thing, Semantics Citizen.

Nigger please.

When I buy a game from a store I have reviews, youtube videos and the ability to get my money back.

Look I've been around. This industry is a financial deathtrap. Hundreds of studios went bankrupt because of mismanagement. It's a fucking joke.

After reading things like this:

m.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1tuf3c/this_is_why_mark_kern_was_removed_as_ceo_by_red_5/

I wouldn't trust a game dev with one euro of my money.

Thats why i buy cheap physical games. If i buy a game and it sucks, im only out 2-4 dollars.

When is this game even coming out?

When is this game even coming out?

I think everyone would be happy to be wrong about shekel shitizen being bad.

this is the best bait I've seen in awhile

Re-funds are not always possible or come with restrictions.
And who is going to re-fund you the time you invested?

The gaming industry is no different from any other entertainment industry at it's core.

Like singleplayer nuDoom.

i see no problem here

What he said. Don't buy until it's finished, and you'll never have any regrets.

It isn't, insofar of their being any tangible proof. There were accusations of imminent failure levied a while back, some of which swore that the studio would be bankrupt in a month. That was last year.

Basically, nobody actually developing the game has given any indication of anything but continued progress.

So have the Holla Forumsederation furfag goons shown up in this thread yet? Will we get another (84) (don't remember if it was exactly that, was a while ago)?

Oh, there they are.

the kids user, he left his kids with a harpy

My friend told me to buy it, back when I had friends. We're not friends anymore, but that's beside the point.
I tried the demo about a year ago, and the game is just clunky. There isn't much to do in the game right now, but dream about the future.I think that it is better that I accepted the game was going to be bad instead of blindly following Christ Robber.
Dreaming about pretty $50 .jpgs was the game the whole time, and I enjoyed it more than Wolfenstein:TNO, which cost around the same when I bought it
I'm an idiot

It's even worse when you look into the smashed window of a shopfront and realize that you were patient zero, the first nigger, all along

user, next time you feel you have disposable income, please buy me games and pirate the ones you wanted to buy

Yes. At this rate the game will be done in about fifty years.

Take a look at their goals, and compare that to what they actually have.

when will it stop hurting

NEVER EVER

I know what the chart means but it still hurts to see those two things together

Reminder that if you don't take a wife and have kids, you have no right to complain about shit like race-mixing. Either you're part of the solution by pumping out as many purebred offspring as you can legally own, or you're part of the problem by letting race-mixers out-breed your people.

What is Elite: Dangerous? What is No Man's Sky? What is Rebel Galaxy? What is Pulsar: Lost Colony?

The PS3 of video games.
Spore 2: Scamapalooza
Kinda fun for an hour or two but ultimately shallow, unbalanced and lazy as fuck.
Star Trek with retardation.

fun autistic times with Holla Forums

Never.

well i guess im stuck with X3:AP:LU for another decade then

I earn enough to buy a new overkill computer with quad sli and a core i7 extreme edition to me and like 3 more people every month yet most of it goes unused because i rather have shekels than things. How would this guy prefer to have jpegs over a good life is beyond me

Oh, it probably will come out. And it's going to be a piece of shit like Mighty Number 9, except the fallout is going to be 100 times bigger because of all the money and autism involved. I can't wait.

My Hatred is growing every post

We're only at 244

245 now

So glad I got this shit refunded a half year ago.

L.A. Noire took that long to make? Man that was shit, along with Spore

how's that 2014 release?

Oh my god they really are this delusional

You have to go back

OK.

It started as a simple Wing Commander style game (that part of the game is still being made, called "Squadron 42") but they had stretch goal after stretch goal which ended up now as a game to end all space games forever.

As for experts? All I recall is Derek Smart, and he's not expert.

All the stuff they're proposing is doable but there's just SO much of it that a lot of people think it will crash and fail.

About 2 million dollarydoos worth. They then open crowdfunding on their website by pre-ordering ships that will be in the final game and I think it's at 120 million dollars now. They had stretch goals every 1 million dollars up to the 65 million mark so there's been an unprecedented feature creep.

It's hard to tell if there has been a mismanagement of funds since unlike MN.09, the graphics of the game do indeed look good but there have been delays (due to the aforementioned feature creep) and there was an article that had alleged ex-employees of the devs saying money has been mismanaged but we can't be sure at this moment.

There hasn't been a stripping of features, but rather the addition of TOO many features.For example, The devs insisted on having an FPS portion of the game where you can board enemy vessels/stations directly from your craft and fight it out with other players. It's impressive but they should have finished the damn original game first.

People have been doubling down since even before all this happened. Space sim fans are more obsessed than anime fans and will keep pre-ordering more in-game items that aren't even out yet.

There hasn't been any recently that I recall.

The game is being released in chunks so It'll eventually come out. What features it will have is up in the air at the moment.

Disclaimer: I'm actually a bit more optimistic about the game than most, but even I am disgusted by the business practices of the devs. There are ships and bundles in the store worth THOUSANDS of dollars simply for internet ships! Some of which are not yet playable! The most expensive bundle is called "The Completionist" and retails for 15'000 United States Dollars.

And despite its name, it doesn't even have every ship in the game, just all the ones announced up to 2014.

FYI My personal tab is 100 dollars

Post SC backers.

I laughed way more than I should have, why does this make so much sense?

Easy

Because it's an existing product that you can play today That isn't selling you 2000$ space ship pictures?

I'd take elite a thing that exists vs game that doesn't and is trying to sell you nonexistent things in a nonexistent game.

I thought it was more of a joke about the launch PS3, that it's way more expensive than it should be given that there's jack shit to do once you actually play it.

Surely he put some amount of money in when he originally pitched the game. He had a working prototype, after all. And I don't know about financial records, but they give us weekly and monthly reports from each studio/team on their progress through their youtube show and website, respectively.

What's that black bag supposed to be?

I assume space.

Did nobody tell him we see that at night?

This is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen on an imageboard, holy shit what a loser. I mean the depths of this guys delusion must be as deep as the ocean itself. Please tell me this is staged. He is in his underwear, has a cat he probably neglects, his room looks like nobody has lived there in months, the ripped up carpet, the tiny ass t.v., and stuff on the floor everywhere just makes me think it's fake. It has to be, nobody is this pathetic are they? Anthony Burch is just a fluke right?

Angels Fall First is almost this. It's more battlefield-y than open-world-y though

Just ignore it? It's not like this is leddit where the majority opinion can just "hide" an unpopular post with "downvotes"

i dont think he can go outside

You know, normally I'd cry bullshit with stories like these, but considering the cult mentality that surrounds Star Citizen, I honestly wouldn't doubt its veracity.

At that point, I only expect two things about Star Citizen. Either the game is released, is complete utter shit (think like "Mighty no9 delays" shit) and every person who threw money at it suicides, or Roberts uses the "unexpected attack against our servers" or the "unexpected attack against our bank account" excuse to delete everything and run away with the monies.

And in either case, the result will be glorious.

reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rs5vq/compiling_a_list_of_predictions_and_allegations/

I've always wondered why no one's ever truly tried to crack this shitshow open, and reinstate as much of the good stuff as possible while cutting the crap as best they can. I'm aware that it's not exactly modding-friendly, but people have torn open tighter-sealed shit with a lot less interest and promise behind it for the sake of making much less ambitious mods, so I doubt it'd be impossible to do the same with Spore.

The game's sure as hell been around long enough for someone to figure out how to break it wide-open and start tinkering with the files, as well as long enough for even the most thorough reworking project to reach full completion, and yet iirc no one's done shit with this game over the years outside mild variable edits and a few additional tools/unlocked creator parts. There has to be someone or some group out there with strong enough autism to tackle such a task, the question is where they are and why they haven't tried already.

Assuming it were possible at all and we could get together enough of the right people, modding Spore to unfuck it as much as possible could be an interesting project with a great final result. Clearly, things like the more-complex mechanics and some of the cut stages might be lost forever, but even something as simple as scrubbing the pastel colors and googly eyes off the game as a whole would be an enormous improvement.

That would take an absolute shitload of programming and asset creation to "complete" the original vision of Spore.

Then you either get hit with a C&D or you release it and make no money from your enormous efforts. There's just not enough incentive.

He's right in what he says though.
Holla Forums or not Holla Forums

Just the dogfighting module was well worth the 45$ I spent like 3 years ago.
They keep adding stuff and I check in every few months. Still waiting on that open-world game I was promised though. Whenever I have a few extra grand sitting around I'll buy a serious flightstick setup and reinstall it.

I've spent more than 45$ on far worse games that claimed to be finished.

If they added a few more maps it would have more content than BF4, BattlefrontEA, CoD, and most shooter games people pay full price for these days. When it comes to simulating flying space-ships, SC is hard to beat.

Pretty sweet. Glad I'm in and have played it. It's kind of stupid that they are bothering with the first-person stuff, because that's what is ruining the project the past few years. If they expanded on the space-flight alone and made that into an MMO, it would be grand.

Guess I'll have to play through the retarded story they are adding with actors and shit.

I want Squadron 42.

Star Citizien doesn't really interest me that much. Gimme good singleplayer.

Thanks for draining the money out of the MMO we originally backed.

I can't blame you though, because it looks like they can't figure it out and will never actually deliver the MMO they promised. It's just gonna be a single-player game with instanced areas for multiplayer skirmishes.

Team Bondi was founded, went through development hell (involving poor working conditions, a change in publishers, and a change in platforms), released L.A. Noire, canceled their next game, then died.

Also the Star Citizen poster drawn by hand on cardboard with a sharpie, and the atari joystick he's holding.

I bought 2 cheap ships. That's it.
But I'm not bothered by delays. I got time. Games sometimes get stuck in development hell. It happens.

It would be nice if we could get the MMO experience, but I'm more of a singleplayer guy.

At least I made a profit.

If I may correct you for a moment user the original pitch for Star Citizen was a successor to Wing Commander with multiplayer tacked on that mimicked Privateer. A lot of the original backers were sold on the idea of a solid Single-Player experience with optional co-op as the primary component, multiplayer was very much the secondary component. Then as times changed and word spread communities that I dare I say are the wrong kind of autism got involved such as those from Freelancer who started demanding that the game become Freelancer 2.0, a game which itself is surprisingly average and dominated by a very undesirable roleplaying community that has been known to demand changes to spoil the fun of others. This make the Single-Player component take a back seat and have a massive shift to multiplayer. This caused one of the first divides in the community as the older backers started feeling shafted as new blood came in and dictated the direction of the game in a path that was not originally intended piling on a feature creep and warping the design of the game. Thus the game slowly delved from "Space Combat Sim" to "Freelancer 2.0" making those who originally backed the game feel cheated and alienated and the new blood becoming rapid fanboys that try to revise the history of the project. The point being user was that Star Citizen was never intended to be a full blown MMO, more so a Single Player game through and through with an optional multiplayer segment that was similar to privateer.

Yeah, Duke Nukem Forever, Half-Life 3, Mighty No. 9…

You can thank Chris 'concept sale' Roberts and David 'the vision' Braben for killing the revival of space sims

Old post, but how is it a Ponzi scheme? The faggots who bought jpgs don't actually get money from the new buyers.

DNF was acceptable.

Autism can only take us so far, we need more content. I wanna see those guys surf on the wave of that VR star trek bridge commander game, and have a better product in every way If you're here balls of steel, was nice playing with you :^)

Would be a shame if a game with potential ended up stillborn in early access.

Wait, what? Holy shit. I didn't even know they wanted to do the Wing Commander thing. I thought they wanted to make a big ass ship based MMO from the start. Now I'm really pissed.

Probably would have ended up as a scam see how this is going, but at least we would have gotten another space combat game that everyone could have enjoyed at a discount at some point. or pirate.

Yes user, it was very much that what they were trying to make. The only reference to Freelancer they made was the "Private Servers" they promised.

web.archive.org/web/20130430005139/http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/

If you look through their old site and faq in particular you will notice that the game and gameplay they originally advertised is drastically different to what all the original backers got.

last i heard he isnt putting much of his own money in, but rather looking for other investors outside of the kickstarter crowd. i mean he must have put some money into it to get the kickstarter going, but i doubt he has spend more than a million of his own money.

They're still making that. It's called Squadron 42, and it's a separate game entirely to Star Citizen. S42 is the original promised Kickstarter game.

You know the best part?
It's been delayed twice already.
It's going to be released episodically.
RIP

But a singleplayer space sim is something Chris has more experience with and it's easier than a MMO, so things are looking far better for it than SC.

Look at the picture. The lighting, the tv, that weird space installation. How can you have any doubt?

I just want a good X5. I bought my flight stick, now I wait.

the thing about the animations is that it just doesnt make any fucking sense to do it that way. from a gameplay standpoint it can only make things worse. They have to waste alot of manpower and time to get it to a point where it play as good as the traditional method, and even then there is no guarantee that it wont still be clunky. the arma series has had the same animations for 1st and 3rd person for over 10 years and they can only do it because they keep it relatively simple (the arma 3 stance system must have been a nightmare to develope, but at least they dont have to deal with stops/starts/jukes).
arma 3 does it and it plays well, but it doesnt look great. RSI are putting their priority on making it look great (which it does in 3rd person but not in 1st person) and its borderline unplayable.

RSI dont give a shit about cryengine, they didnt even give the 64bit engine code back to crytek. They have basicly taken a few of their best people and burned all bridges.
And even if that wasnt the case, no thinking developer would want to use that system. Too many moving parts, too complicated and no benefits.

Maybe. The circumstances are very different though. DNF was a joke game years before its release and everyone was ready for the disappointment. DNF wasn't crowdfunded and it wasn't 100+ million $, it didn't need a huge online community to live. Sort of alright-mediocre Star Citizen will still be a massive shitstorm and a massive failure.

I agree, but then again he handed off S42 development entirely to his brother.

True. I wouldn't invest in movies either user.

Uhuh that's really smart user. That's like listening to the CEO of Enron saying everything is going great.

Real investors have a stake in the company, sitting at the conference table. You have nothing.

And this is the problem with Kickstarter.

If Activision, Blizzard or SquareEnix cancel a project nobody loses money except shareholders.

Hell we might not even hear about it.

When a Kickstarter fails it is the money of gamers that goes up in smoke and an autistic shitstorm will ensue.

Now game publishers know how to handle big complicated projects and they know how to deal with people like Roberts or Kojiima. They don't give them a blank check and 5 years to fuck around.

But real investors generally don't give a shit about the game, the lore, or anything other than profits.

You have two shitty system, but that's you'll ALWAYS have. Just shitty systems.
Better to have variety - then something good will occasionally pop-up.

It's never coming out, they're monetizing hype.

I played the alpha/beta/demo/whatever last time it was available and the most finished parts of the game were the microtransaction stores in the shopping mall module of the game and the ship jaypeg preview module. The supposed "core" of the game, the flyin'/shootin', was awful even for a '90s game. Their development priority was sickeningly obvious.

To be fair this is what the industry is reduced to now. Monetizing hype for preorders for fire and forget shit games.

So I usually play this a bit after there has been a sizable update but after this last one I actually had a lot of fun acquiring all the auec to buy all the stuff I wanted. What ships/ loadouts do you guys use? I've got an avenger because It was the cheapest ship that I liked the look of but I swapped the suckerpunches out for bulldogs. Does anyone know if the suckerpunches do more than just shield damage?

Dude I'm completely enthusiastic about the free market, but "you got the game twisted".