"In your own words, what are the core differences between Resident Evil 7 and previous games in the series?"

"In your own words, what are the core differences between Resident Evil 7 and previous games in the series?"

"Can you tell us more about the VHS aesthetic and found footage taps featured in the Resident Evil 7 Beginning Hour Teaser?"

"Why did the development team decide to focus the setting of RE7 to a derelict plantation mansion?"

"Would you like to deliver a special message to the fans following the reveal of RE7?"

An actual talk about what they want to make instead of "a return to the old school" that usually signifies a lazy cash in dev that doesnt care.

Could this team actually give a fuck?

Hopefully, also interested in the supernatural shit getting added now

It will be interesting to see a AAA take on the first person style of horror, at the very least. Whether or not it makes for a good game remains to be seen. It's sad that we probably won't ever see a brand new RE1/2/3 style game again but if done right this could take it's place.

At least there's RE2make in the works for people who wanted the old-style games back. Hope the don't fuck that up.

It better not be youtuber bait and when they said they were inspired by P.T. it better not a damn walking simulator.

We got 1,2,3 with "Survival Horror" and 4,5,6 with "Survival Action" shit, what will they come up with RE7.

>The demo, just to be clear, isn’t a slice of the game. We really want to focus on what concepts we want players to understand about the game with the demo, and that’s horror. This is a tonal preview of what to expect in the game, rather than a little bit of game content you’re getting in advance

This interview means nothing. It's very possible they'll stick to what happened with 4-6 and go full action retard, but calling it spooky.

So you can expect it to be a completely generic horror game? The tone was nothing like early Resident Evil.

This is certainly different, which makes me curious. Alongside this is RE2make so I'm only slightly not getting my hopes up.

"Spoopy Walking"

Then, this shit must not be Amnesia- and Outlast-tier. I swear to God, Capcom. You're on thing fucking ice after SFV and Umbrella Corps. And you know the last 10 fucking years or so.

Part of me has no idea what to make of this game and another pessimistic part thinks this will be a Amnesia clone, which might have guns going by the game options in the demo. For the past decade my pessimism has been proven right a lot. Oh well I did think that RE: Revelation 2 was a step in the right direction. Fuck the episodic shit and the obvious one way slides though.

Or it's gonna be this. But with more cult shit and some psychological bullshit along with Psychotic family (making the game about a literal Resident Evil)

Ah okay so it IS going to be like Condemned? Sounds cool. I would have preferred more gameplay like 6 though.
Nice.

Do some of you faggots have trouble reading?

Its weekend, even worse its a summer weekend. Those guys are just retarded shitposters who go "LOL LE VEE HAS TO HATE EVERYTHING"

Nothing against super natural. But resident evil was more about science going wrong, not literal ghosts. Game barely even resembles a Resident Evil game.

why amnesia clone? There were many horror first person games that amnesia knocked off of. It wasn't even the best game by its developers. RE7 has more in common with penumbra than Amnesia, and even then, it has many of the franchises staple elements to it. Definitely a better horror game than most just from the demo alone.

Did any sperg find the solution for the dummy finger and the axe?

Underage summer kids know amnesia because of screamer streamers, they werent born when condemned came out around '04

Something that makes me wonder, what is the fucking appeal of a retard screaming in the screen because of some jumpscares?

They are literally employed as "influencers" -yes thats their literal job description- to indenture brand loyalty indoctrination in young, socially awkward and naturally submissive people through "misappropriated fantasised relation syndrome".

They con these social gammas into feeling like this talking head is a friend who cares for them specifically. So they keep coming back, buy what he talks about and like all the other sealions in his pod they all hork and echeo all his narrative payloads so they dont realise they are being actively groomed to support certain brands, viral market them and rabidly defend them online.

Its manipulation dating back to the 1960's with tobacco companies and candy cigarettes for kids, its just a new media way of doing it. The kids dont even understand they are being trained in the same brainwashing way the hitler youth were, but for fucking corporate brands by millenial actors.

Sadly you would think the 'ten things' videos and 'reactions' with thumbnails of clearly posed fake screaming would flag some warnings for them but they are so desperate for this fake one way emotional resonance it is masked to them.

Youtube is a very sinister, manipulating marketing exercise.

Does this mean the game would turn into an action game like every RE did half-way through?

Pretty damn sure that the xbox 360 wasn't out in 04.

So basically those kids are so socially inept that streamers/youtubers/cancer/aids or w/e are to fill the void and they are willing to part ways with their dosh to get a "full" social experience?

Holy shit that's pretty fucked up.

Well i was making a joke but it actually came out in 2005. The 360 is 11 years old and discontinued now. Technically its retro hardware.

Compartmentalise that shit daddy-O

Its a marketing goldmine. People forget how much media has changed.

Look at the "im such a nerd xD" shit. Notice how that came around extremely suddenly and a year before it was still "games are for sad nerds"?

It happened right when videogames overtook the film industry as the bigger money maker. Shareholders in companies like disney or universal or warner bros bought into videogame companies and began pushing the message to basically make games normalfag bait. The rest is history, much of it decided by manipulated marketers using semiotics, coercion and outright manipulation.

Reminds me of that "born to buy" book.

remember the 360 came out a full year before the ps3 MS fucking abandoned the first xbox at the drop of a hat

kind of like what they are about to do next year with the xbone

They abandoned the 360 too, can you name another exclusive it had in its last 5 years other than halo 4?

I guess it's because it has their favorite eceleb who they think is their friend, and they're all backseat players.

Though if there's combat in RE7 it better not be click+drag to swing weapon. It was awkward as hell, but somehow interesting

IIRC correctly e-celebs noticed if they do a video on a clearly shitty game that there's no sales bump. So they're not complete idiots, still idiots though.

With most the hearsay I hear about streamers that the viewers prefer streamers who use face cams that makes sense.

I played the demo a lot, its way more condemned than amnesia.

Hopefully in a way its the sequel condemned never got.

IT NEVER GOT ONE. SHUT UP.

I never played Penumbra, but they seriously didn't use click+drag instead of just a mouse click…did they? Having played Alone in the Dark 2008, it's such a bad idea.

I was more talking about how Penumbra seems to be under the radar, either because it's more obscure than Amnesia, being the predecessor to it, or because it is just outright shit.

Condemned was great however.

What retarded titles.

Yes, the first Penumbra had a melee system where you clicked and dragged the mouse quickly to swing your weapon. This was removed in Black Plague, switching to making you defenseless.

I can read fine. What they're saying is bad.

What is with the comparison to Condemned? The RE7 demo was nothing like Condemned.

english: game once again about biohazard, not bio terrorism
japanese: game once again about a residential area, not a global disaster

It's not a Resident Evil game. It should be its own IP.

Might be good.

The only things in there that are unique to Condemned are the teleporting mannequins and the melee combat, and Condemned had good melee combat, which is a key distinction.

What other comparison is there?

You dont crouch, crabwalk looking for lamp oil and hiding like amnesia.

You weren't really supposed to fight the enemies in the game. the "combat system" was there as a last resort if you were backed into a corner. It was supposed to feel awkward and ineffective, so it was fine in that regard. I think they removed it for the sequels, because players ended up relying on it more than they ever intended them to.

The one most people seem to be going for are P.T., since it was made by the same team, and Outlast, for some reason. As far as I'm concerned you could easily compare it to any generic first-person horror game made in the past seven or eight years, both in tone and content.

By the way I checked and there's this game called Condemned 2: Bloodshot over on my game shelf, did you know it got a sequel?

it
doesn't
exist

Google the word 'facetious'.

Maybe you should?

I'm stoked for whatever RE7 is. The demo is exactly what I wanted and I didn't expect it to

A) be any good resident evil 6 actually genuinely pissed me off with how fucking bad it was
B) look or feel as good as it did
C) sound INCREDIBLE, sound design has never really been a huge point for RE but this demo nailed it
D) scare the shit out of me but it did. The occasional footsteps above you, the weird sounds, the overall atmosphere of the place does a 100% fantastic job of increasing the tension so when something does happen - that mannequin falling across your path when you've got the key and are heading to the front door, for example - you're so keyed up you jump despite yourself

I realize the final game isn't going to all be some dumb walking simulator and they've stated a couple of times that the demo isn't going to be indicative of the final product but their guys get the "horror" in survival horror this time around. I feel good about it and will still not purchase it until it's been out awhile and I am sure it's good

I've read it fine, but this isn't the same as the past Resident Evil is it? Because FPS for VR which is a useless gimmick like that FF15 FPS, isn't that convincing when the demo has some immersion breaking shit.

The various publications had the game with the full title as Resident Evil( with VII spelling to give it a 7 numeral) with a subtitle of Biohazard.

Yeah this. I've heard them described as a "friend surrogate".

I got a better explanation. Better than this paranoid shit, its a new market. thats it, people found out they could make money by streaming games and they started doing it. All talk of "influencers" is complete bullshit when the first force behind it is simply money. there is a new market and people are using it to make money, that's it. None of this manipulation shit.

I played it and can very well confirm that there is an evil resident.

Is there a biohazard?

I'm glad there's gonna be supernatural shit in it. Crazies hillbillies may be scary to city folk, but in reality, they're just people who die like anyone else.

In the context of a fictional horror game, a serial killer could never be as scary as a demon or ghost or some shit. You can kill a person as easily as any other person, so that's no spookier than normal combat. Supernatural shit gives it the spook.

No shit, Penumbra was great. Not perfect, but really damn good. But nobody gives it credit because the company went on to make Amnesia, which became the formula for indieshit horror.

Yeah but where's Barry?

Looked and felt more like a mix of Condemned and Silent Hill than Resident Evil. Maybe they're taking the name of the game too literally and we'll have a "Resident" Evil.

Silent Condemned Evil: Biohazard

Silent Hill was never like this.
Call it a PT ripoff if you want, I agree with that, but this is not Silent Hill in any way.

but it has spooky ghosts.

The only Silent Hill game with ghosts is 4.

I really want to not be hyped for this game since I was already massively let down with 5. But it seems like this game will be at least a step in the right direction.

Also is anyone else convinced that this mysterious woman seen in the trailer and demo is actually Lisa Trevor?

Does nobody fucking read?

Wait IT HAS FUCKING GHOSTS? GHOSTS IN RESIDENT EVIL??
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
They really are fucking desperate, aren't they?
They couldn't just come up with a new IP for a totally different game, oh no, instead they made a totally different game and slapped the RE name on it to get more sales. Jesus

They could've at least did what they had done with the first Devil May Cry and made it a seperate series. I think Capcom is fucking with Kojima because of his failed P.T. project.

More like riding on the success and hype for PT

Obviously the Japanese version will be Biohazard^2 or Biohazard x 2.

They literally say in the OP that there won't be ghosts.

DOES NOBODY FUCKING READ?!

I didn't come to that conclusion by myself. user said there would be ghosts, I just found the idea of ghosts on RE funny. Chill.

I just want the tube top jill in raccoon city and fight nemesis now and then in better graphics. If REmake 2 gets good sales there might be a hope for REmake 3.

It was at least more about horror on the first games than in the later games. Not full on horror but more focused on it

the combat is going to be shit

they are just following the easy peasy lemon squeeze walking simulator that any indie fuck can make with no budget

I'm actually kind of hoping they combine RE2 & 3 in some clever way in REmake 2

The first game scared the shit out of us in the 90's

The things they are saying are inconsistent and don't make sense. Do you believe everything somebody tells you in an interview?

If they released a demo for RE7 and it was a military FPS, and then said, "Oh, don't worry, the final game won't be like that, we just wanted to show off the gunplay", it would just as stupid. First they say that the demo is just supposed to remind players of the roots of horror and set the tone for the game, a brand of horror and a tone completely inconsistent with the series, then they say that obviously the final game isn't going to be like that. Then what purpose does the demo serve?

Speak for yourself

Why do people associate the name with this?
Shouldn't that be Evil Resident?
To me, Resident Evil sounds like resident is the adjective and evil is the noun, so it's more like "the evil that resides/lives within". It made sense when it was about zombies because it could mean the virus or whatever within the people making them evil.

Yeah. If it's not about ghosts, then what the fuck are these?

The Japanese title is Biohazard 7: Resident Evil

hallucinations?
a simulation of shit you might think you see out of the corner of your eye when scared?
a new virus that gives zombies invisibility powers?

7 times in a fucking row? The guy would have to be schizophrenic.
And flying abilities? And makes the zombies look like ghosts?
Give me a fucking break. This is ghosts and there is nothing that can defend the stupid shit the guy said on the interview.

It's a VHS tape. It was caught on camera.

Obviously referring to the first point.

It's never been established that those are actually ghosts. They could easily be hallucinations or the woman who stabs Pete at the end following the player around.

All Capcom has said is that this demo won't be part of the game. Its tone and gameplay will be built upon in the final game. They never said the demo was "nothing like" the final game, just that it's not part of it.

It was about wacky science experiments that created zombies and b-movie tier dialogue. Leon's lines in RE2 still crack me up.

Do you read?

Nigger, if they're not ghosts then they sure are going to great fucking lengths to make them look like them. Like a certain Playable Teaser that became really popular and was also famous for having these secrets you could find.

I think those were stupid due to incompetence, not purposely cheesy. And you can't deny the atmosphere and gameplay was pretty horror based

RE2 was a healthy mix of silly/serious line delivery. RE3 and on had better line delivery.

well, I'm glad they expanded on the foundations and they are all there. Hopefully it will just be a REmake tier game but in first person… realistically though, I'm predicting Streamer bait.

kids always needed social experience. Now, they can get it from their house, just like we can do our shopping,recreation and social interaction from the computer.

Human is alone with the machine and social experience was just the last need that wasn't facilitated by technology, at least not until recently

What's it like being retarded? Are people nicer to you?

You honestly believe them?

People love to make fun of Bethesda for lying constantly but the reality is that all companies do that nowadays. Of course there's gonna be ghosts in it.

What ever those not-ghosts are, it sure as hell ain't the RE roots survival horror.

Its already a YouTube bait le Funny face Walking simulator

What's the point of discussing any new information prior to the release of a game if you baselessly dismiss anything devs say anyway and only stick to what you're convinced it will be like?

'07 is always there

Dude, this is fucking annoying

what a time to be alive.

The devs are the ones dismissing it. We may as well have nothing to talk about with the demo, since it's apparently not indicative of what the game's going to be like, just the tone of the game.

How did you like the tone of this playable teaser? Did it put you to sleep?

People who say "IIRC" are from Plebbit. Ignore it

Yes. Finger supposed to go into one of the mannequins that you destroy with an axe. Not lying.

If you look closer to that mannequin you destroy, there's a hole for a key in one of the parts of its body (around its butt).

Script for it just doesn't exist. Either they forgot about it or didn't gave a fuck.

I've literally no idea how people cannot enjoy the gameplay of 6. Its supremely fun to dodge enemies with rolls and tacticool shit all over.

I'm just pirating it so I can see what's up.

It took some time getting used to it for me, the controls aren't perfect so there's room for improvement. But when you get it down its like holy shit this is amazing. I've played mercs for hours on end just because of it.