Yoko Taro cannot be contained.

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

"I plan to include a boss whos mechanic involves altering your framerate in real time"

the.
ABSOLUTE.
MADMAN.

Are you ready for Nier and the infinite Sadness yet?

All urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4ItNi

James Gomez
James Gomez

"I plan to include a boss whos mechanic involves altering your framerate in real time"
Yeah, it's called the PS4.

Logan Butler
Logan Butler

Sauce

Owen Bennett
Owen Bennett

tfw you will never be yoko taro
you will never turn up at E3 in a silly helmet nonchalantly.
you will never have the western games press lose their shit at your appearence
you will never lie to your character designers so the characters they design don't match up with the character's personality thus subverting people
s expectation of those characters.
you will never do an interview as a puppet that dies at the end.
you will never have gaijins talk about you on their weeb message boards.

Life is pure suffering and agony and nothing will make it better.

Aaron Morris
Aaron Morris

Taro san is that you again?

Don't worry, life can always get better. At least you arent trapped forever like Miyamoto is.

Hunter Baker
Hunter Baker

nier 2 is like one of the 5 games coming out worth fucking staying alive for right now god damn

Adam Harris
Adam Harris

you will never lie to your character designers so the characters they design don't match up with the character's personality thus subverting people's expectation of those characters.

Wait, what is this about?

Benjamin Morales
Benjamin Morales

With how depressing Taro's games can get, I wonder what happened in life. I heard the story about his friend dying with his dick out or something and him just laughing at how ridiculous it was, but I wonder if more weird shit like that happened. That, or if he's just a regular dude with a fascination of the bizarre.

Juan Robinson
Juan Robinson

How would that even work?

Ayy.

Logan Green
Logan Green

yfw oyasumi pun pun was inspired by true events

Connor Powell
Connor Powell

Drakengard 3, you should've played it. I'm sad you didn't.

Blake Hernandez
Blake Hernandez

yfw oyasumi pun pun was written by some mentally ill tranny hence the retarded end part

Nicholas Torres
Nicholas Torres

Golden

Juan Bailey
Juan Bailey

That'd be interesting if that was real.

Luis Reyes
Luis Reyes

The author isn't a tranny. That's a stupid rumor that's been debunked for a while now. And the ending was brilliant, you just have shit taste.

Colton Kelly
Colton Kelly

u sure fam?

u gay son?

Ethan Reyes
Ethan Reyes

Didn't Saint's Row 3 already do this?

Zachary Nelson
Zachary Nelson

But is it true or not. I don't get it.

Jaxson Cox
Jaxson Cox

I own it.

You're not far off.

Tyler Johnson
Tyler Johnson

Like that snail boss in megaman X2?

Landon Reyes
Landon Reyes

SAVAGE

Robert Sanders
Robert Sanders

Oooo my lord YOU FUCKING SAVAGE

Anthony Jones
Anthony Jones

Back on topic though, where did he say that?

Xavier James
Xavier James

When did this happen? Link plz?

Andrew Baker
Andrew Baker

I recently bought Drakengard 3 and it's still sitting here unopened since I'm playing other games.

Should I buy the Japanese dub DLC? I know that even if I do, the subs are still fucked but is it still worth it?

Jack Long
Jack Long

He didn't get all the endings.

Carson Ross
Carson Ross

Not speaking from experience, but at least the Japanese dub could hide some bad VA work and some bad lines.

At the same time, its scummy to even charge for it.

Owen Butler
Owen Butler

Reminds me of the mechanic in Metroid Prime 2 when in Sky Fortress or whatever the name, the monster sends a beam at you and your visor malfunctions. You drop to like 2 frames per second, then drop to a reboot screen for 5 seconds accompanied by the gray noise screen.

It really scared me when I first saw it, and is a cool addition for sense of depth. I love those kinds of things.

Luke James
Luke James

I bought D3, and it's shit. I mean the story is the usual Taro-tier stuff, which I like. But everything else is raging from uninspired to absolute shit. The mechanics suck, controls are stiff, animations have no cancels, and the gameplay is just so fucking dull. Put sub-20fps gameplay on top of that and you get a complete fucking disaster.

Watch the story on YT and be done with it.

Ryder Allen
Ryder Allen

Spoiler that shit, I didn't get to that part yet!

Asher Mitchell
Asher Mitchell

Game is a decade old
You kind of had it coming mate.

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

Lucha Underground webm
My nigger. I need to catch up with that shit.

Logan Taylor
Logan Taylor

Season 2 is nearly over. No rush as S3 won't be starting until 2017.

Benjamin Russell
Benjamin Russell

God damn it, I actually made that as a gameplay mechanic once. That's what I get for being a wishful nodev who uses Game Maker, rather than a Japanese yesdev who uses anything else.

Parker Howard
Parker Howard

I dont get it.

Jordan Green
Jordan Green

This gen, like every gen before it, has framerate drops everywhere. The joke might have been better suited to the Xbone, but it still applies.

Gavin Thomas
Gavin Thomas

THE POWER OF THE PS4

Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell

Someone post the Dark Souls "framerate is bad in blighttown because your character doesnt want to go on".

Robert Martin
Robert Martin

The PS4 drops in framerate a lot, you dope.

Cameron Stewart
Cameron Stewart

Maybe it's me but I thought D1 was better in terms of gameplay.

Don't worry, I hear this shmup on DS called Bangio Spirits lags the system on purpose so the player won't get fucked trying to dodge anything. So you ain't the only person beaten to the punch.

Christopher Myers
Christopher Myers

Just like any other console or badly made games on PC.

Justin Howard
Justin Howard

Bangai-O Spirits.

Liam Anderson
Liam Anderson

Its a mustard joke.

Henry Brown
Henry Brown

You're pretty good

Owen James
Owen James

Thanks user, didn't know about this, and I can't stop reading it.

Ryder Barnes
Ryder Barnes

ayy lmao

James Barnes
James Barnes

The mechanics suck, controls are stiff, animations have no cancels, and the gameplay is just so fucking dull. Put sub-20fps gameplay on top of that and you get a complete fucking disaster.
It makes me wonder what happened between D3 and Nier. Nier was a decent action game with some genuinely fun parts, while admittedly not having a perfect fps, it was still acceptable.
D3 was a chore to play and I haven't bothered playing since I finished path B. To be honest though, if the frame rate was better and it wasn't so repetitive, it would be an okay hack and slash game. The weapon switching on the fly was very cool and an improvement over earlier titles. But those earlier points I mentioned as so bad. I'm not an fps nazi (I've happily played games at 25-30fps before), but D3 can be a literal slideshow. Even worse, the dragon parts (aka some of the most fun in the game) have the worst fps.

And let's not talk about the "localization". I'd love a pc release with better fps and a new translation, but I don't think that will ever happen.

Watch the story on YT and be done with it.
I'm very tempted, but it's the whole multiple endings and seeing what changes each route is what intrigues me about the Drakengard series. Just watching it as a movie wouldn't be the same.

Nolan Taylor
Nolan Taylor

. At least you arent trapped forever like Miyamoto is
How is Miyamoto trapped?

Julian Thompson
Julian Thompson

Feels more like ninty is trapped with Miyamoto.

Robert Ramirez
Robert Ramirez

p-please may we add partners to paper mario, miyamoto-san? just one original character?
Then he beats the shit out of them all for stepping out of line.

Hunter Young
Hunter Young

mfw Yoko Taro said that5 NieR:Automata would have a happy ending
mfw he's sad because nobody believes him.

Lucas Hughes
Lucas Hughes

it could be worse yoko, you could be living in the U.K

Ryan Wood
Ryan Wood

I wish Taro would visit us again

This game is the biggest fucking scam I've ever seen in my life.

Xavier Lee
Xavier Lee

Brutal
Savage
Rekt

Joshua Gutierrez
Joshua Gutierrez

You cheeky fuck

Grayson Powell
Grayson Powell

Some user said that D3 was supposed to be a PSP title, but then it got shorthanded on time and forced to port to the PS3. Hence the result. But I can't verify any of that. Would explain the shit graphics to performance ratio

Parker Gomez
Parker Gomez

Dario Cueto

you have good taste in wrestling characters

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

Some user said that D3 was supposed to be a PSP title
This is interesting. Any game that starts development on another platform is usually doomed to be shit.
If anyone can find a source for this, that would be great.

John Gutierrez
John Gutierrez

Thread already derailed. Is that a new record? Someone post the screencap of the story about user's sister's Wii so we can compare the times.

Tyler Bailey
Tyler Bailey

Did Holla Forums even know who this man was before E3 2015? Have any idea "Nier" even existed?

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

Yeah. He even shitposted here once.

Jose Cox
Jose Cox

Goddammit user I'm tearing up

I really recall that being the case back when we were still getting news about the game, but the most I can find is this

archive.is/4ItNi

Even back in halfchan we used to have Drakengard threads every now and then. Yoko Taro and his games just more popular nowadays because Platdrones and because the crazy bastard actually announced Automata on E3 while wearing an Emil costume.

Ethan Ross
Ethan Ross

involves altering your framerate in real time
So it's going to be programmed so shittily that it'll slow down your game to a crawl?

Hudson Sanders
Hudson Sanders

Cavia is just Ice Pick Lodge for dumb people

Leo Adams
Leo Adams

there will never be a metroid prime arena shooter based off quake III

Hudson Russell
Hudson Russell

How about Metroid Dreadnought?

Nicholas Flores
Nicholas Flores

You didn't play the MP2 multiplayer mode? did anyone

John Edwards
John Edwards

I'll be honest, I'm a bit salty no one is paying attention to the game and are just shitposting to the first reply.

The game doesn't even have good graphics, I'm sure the game wasn't going to have frame drops to begin with.

John Murphy
John Murphy

Beautiful.

Jayden Rivera
Jayden Rivera

But it's not a boss.

Jack Thomas
Jack Thomas

We don't know anything about it yet. What are we supposed to talk about other than "Oh, that sounds interesting, I hope it's good." People have already discussed similar concepts in this thread.

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

I wish vols would step in to this reaction shit. Its not even conversation, its spam.

Owen Diaz
Owen Diaz

There threads about Death Stranding and that has even less info. This reaction shit with 50 replies just fucks up the thread. Its fucking spam.

Aaron Perez
Aaron Perez

if you look at the times the post was posted 10 seconds before the OPs

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

This thing that you've been enjoying for 13 years should be stopped, because it annoys me.
Consider that imageboards might just might not be for you.

Thomas White
Thomas White

Consider that you have complete shit taste user.

Hunter Kelly
Hunter Kelly

Doom's multiplayer has always been clunky.

Alexander Howard
Alexander Howard

10/10 counterpoint, my eyes are opened.

Luis Perry
Luis Perry

You have to admit, in this case, it's definitely the dev's fault. Comcept went from doing mildly well with Soul Sacrifice to kikestarting this unoptimized piece of garbage.

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

Good tech wouldn't have saved that game. Its just badly designed.

Hudson Collins
Hudson Collins

even with the negatives, I still found it to be at least a little fun

Camden Jenkins
Camden Jenkins

Not even good design would've saved the game, Inafune The Artistic Conman's dev team are so incompetent that their lackluster rehash of MegaMan with Speedrun Mode abilities auto-enabled would've been as dull and uninteresting as it is currently even if it worked and looked perfect.

Noah Lee
Noah Lee

Beautiful

Hudson Watson
Hudson Watson

the PS4's hardware is completely fine it's just Unreal Engine 4 and vsync, vsync and triple buffering is the only reason why the PS4 locks at 40fps, in comparison the Xbone doesn't have vsync and triple buffering but has extreme screen tearing. Both consoles have the same options but the options don't toggle vsync or bloom.

Another fact, MN9 on xbone, if you play the second level, the ice stage, reflections are capped at a lower framerate and desync, creating a slow and choppy reflection on the ground

Gavin Green
Gavin Green

10 million hours in paint

Angel Wilson
Angel Wilson

noice

Josiah Walker
Josiah Walker

how Holla Forums takes a picture.jpg

Jaxon Foster
Jaxon Foster

#rekt

Joshua Adams
Joshua Adams

cancer/10
check this: simple and easy to read, elegant yet subtle.

Jeremiah Rivera
Jeremiah Rivera

I can't wait to bully some redditor trying to use this picture with an imgur filename, thanks.

Brayden Wood
Brayden Wood

not using patented Holla Forums© meme technology™ to take screencaps

Landon Brooks
Landon Brooks

using the stupid grab feature that adds in a stupid watermark tier image

Parker Jones
Parker Jones

altering frame rates
Dark Souls did it.

Jackson Johnson
Jackson Johnson

So that's what the grab feature is for.

We have this instead of a thread watcher?

James Garcia
James Garcia

But how else would reddit and facebook know where they can find the dank internet maymays?

Caleb Thompson
Caleb Thompson

2 days later…

Hudson Torres
Hudson Torres

Yeah, it's a pointless feature and a shameless attempt at advertising. I wouldn't be surprised if the grab feature also automatically uploaded the images to something like imgur and reddit.
8archive will be down forever
the only working 8ch archives are leekyforums and one that's exclusive to horsefucker boards

Ayden Carter
Ayden Carter

It doesn't even work for me, I press it and nothing happens. I also have a problem where I can only do one reply using the quick reply window per thread, unless I refresh the page I have to go to the top to submit my post because the new reply button gets broken on this window.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

There's a checkbox that you can press on every post, then the grab option works. I had to refresh this page after doing it so I wouldn't say it works well.

Carter Evans
Carter Evans

I cant wait for the pc version.

Blake Collins
Blake Collins

So that's what the checkbox is for, thanks user.

Wyatt Cook
Wyatt Cook

How would you feel if Taro wasn't lying and there was a legitimate happy ending to Automata?

Julian Jenkins
Julian Jenkins

a legitimate happy ending to Automata?

I don't know.

I honestly don't know.

I'd think I'd stop taking my depression medication for a week.

Beat the game.

Get the Happy Ending.

And stare at the Game Over screen.

Unless it does some Nier Ending D shit, then I'd just kill myself on the spot.

Grayson Collins
Grayson Collins

mfw that happens

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts

Was Nier even any good?

Christopher Watson
Christopher Watson

No

Kayden King
Kayden King

Yes

Lincoln Wood
Lincoln Wood

Probably

Eli Turner
Eli Turner

reply hazy, try again

Cameron Brooks
Cameron Brooks

we shall achieve great conversations on our video game forum on a dying imageboard in an industry that has forsaken anything to do with us

Why do you care?

Evan Walker
Evan Walker

LET'S ALL POST A FUNNY REACTION IMAGE TO A JOKE THAT WASN'T THAT FUNNY AND THEN LET'S TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF IT AND PUT IT ON REDDIT GUYS. AND WE CAN ADD THIS AWESOME CAPTION TOO:

"6/27/2016: THE DAY user MADE THAT FUNNY JOKE"

Chase Hughes
Chase Hughes

I was joking about this post

All of you should fucking kill yourselves, seriously this can't even be called shitposting it is just circlejerking cancer.

Michael Lopez
Michael Lopez

We should never do anything fun because Reddit might get an inferior, secondhand enjoyment out of it.
You're the same kind of fag who shits up OC threads, aren't you?

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

something that has always been done on imageboards
STOP DOING THAT RIGHT NOW AND GO BACK TO REDDIT!!!
Not to mention the thread wasn't even derailed
sage for replying to obvious bait

Jaxon Lee
Jaxon Lee

Here we go.

Nier was.. the ultimate indeterminate.

Mechanically, it was severely lacking.
Limited combos.
Axe of Beheading/ Pheonix Spear > the Entire game.
Couldn't play as Kaine or Emil.

Musically, it was the grandest shit outside of Olivier Deriviere. Seriously. Fuck. Niers OST is simply unreal.

Graphically.. For the time, it was pretty good. Choppy in some parts but all and all good.

Storywise.
Imagine Spec Ops the Line without the Hamfisting.
Imagine Kingdom Hearts 2, but actually getting on with the story.
Now, add the grimmest most depressing shit you can along side the contemplation of what it means to be human.
That's the story of Nier.
You'll either find it A) Profund. B) Stupid. C) So depressing that you can't stop laughing.

The real problem with the game is that all the supplmental material wasn't released in english.

Oh.. And Nier has a backstory so goddamn rich you could make two~three games out of it alone.

Game 1 would be the Rise of Red Eye and the eventual total nuking of Japan.
Of course, a bad ending.

Game 2 would be the Hamlin Children. Number 6 going ape shit and Emil helping in putting her away and then as a child solider , Fighting the Legion with flame throwers and shit.

Game 3 would be the Return of Red Eye and the final defeat of the WCS.

All in all.

If you could make it past the generic hack and slash action , you were rewarded with a really depressing mindfuck and social commentary.

Back when the game first released, that meant that nobody cared.
Now that hipsters have invaded gaming, they're combing through old games trying to find "hidden gems" that they turned their nose up at all those years ago.

It's a good thing that Nier is extremely triggering and confusing for people who aren't really interested.

Gabriel Long
Gabriel Long

haha
funny meme my dude
le upboat friendo

Alexander Hughes
Alexander Hughes

You won the thread.

Robert Moore
Robert Moore

Yeah I bet you /b/tard teenagers actually believe this is "fun" or"what imageboards always do". I bet you believe it's real "original content" too.

If the joke was actually hilarious then maybe a mild chimpout could be expected, but dumping reaction images at the shitpost-equivalent of a knock-knock joke just so you can make epic collages is fucking embarrassing.

Please, please kill yourselves.

Dominic Jackson
Dominic Jackson

LE XD FAM FUNNY MEME MY MAN
HAHA LE FOONI KILL YOURSELF MEME
EXX DEE

Logan Cook
Logan Cook

NieR made me depressed for fucking weeks. Soon after fucking obessed over it, bought all the OSTs, read everything from those audio CD and the damn book.
There after I started playing Drakengard, same shit happened.

I never was so obsessed with games.

Nolan Hughes
Nolan Hughes

formatting like a redditor
It's just to obvious

Dylan Lewis
Dylan Lewis

My favorite thing about this joke is how many ps4 shills it revealed.

Leo Thompson
Leo Thompson

/b/tard teenagers
Been using imageboards since 2005. Haven't used /b/ since 2008. Try again.

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

Drakengard.

I recall that game fondly from my high school years.

My young body was not ready.

Also, I was incredibly edgy and I thank my parents for not letting me get that Caim tattoo on my fucking face like I planned. Jesus I was a stupid fuck.

I do, however want Grimoire Weiss on my shoulder, leave room for my kid's names and then get Emil's mug on my back.

Zachary Flores
Zachary Flores

Olivier Deriviere
Mein nigger

I haven't played D3 yet, waiting till either someone subs it or I git gud at Japanese and do it myself. I've heard the final boss was hard, but is it Greatest Battle (D1 final) levels of hard?

Ryan Fisher
Ryan Fisher

It's bullshit. The Queen Battle in D1 was easier but I wouldn't call the Battle in D3 fair in the least.

Due to the frame rate drop and the fact that the bitch keeps "attacking" after the screen goes completely black - I was intensely frustrated with the game but after a couple of tries, you can actually do it without looking at the screen.

That's the only real tip I can offer and hope the game doesn't stutter.

Jayden Sanders
Jayden Sanders

Dad, why do you have a smiling skeleton on your back?

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

I do, however want Grimoire Weiss on my shoulder, leave room for my kid's names and then get Emil's mug on my back.
Not sure you changed that much, user.

Evan Bailey
Evan Bailey

put me on the screen shot too!!! hi reddit!
xD

Parker Lewis
Parker Lewis

SONYGGER
HN
I  L
TY
T
E I
R N

S3
H0
A
TF
TP
ES
R
E
D

Blake Miller
Blake Miller

It's his own fucking fault. The fucker said NieR had a happy ending. That shit was fucking depressing. Nier literally gets his existence wiped out to save Kaine, not even his sister/daughter remember him. And on top of that shit he's doomed the entire human race to extinction. How're people suppose to believe Automata will have a happy ending when that shit is his idea of happy?

Still fucking loved NieR and would love to play Automata is it weren't PS4 exclusive. I'll probably still play it eventually but not until the PS4 gets a major price drop.

Angel Foster
Angel Foster

first post best post

Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Unatco?

Elijah Nguyen
Elijah Nguyen

Get your filthy reddit hands off me.

Nolan Flores
Nolan Flores

he is the right that the joke was sorta obvious but

muh culture

Jacob Hall
Jacob Hall

The joke is that it's not a joke if you're a drone or shill.

Noah Fisher
Noah Fisher

Your boypussy has always been clunky user-senpai!

Henry King
Henry King

trying this hard

It's summer alright.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit