New Sonic the Hedgehog game confirmed for 2017

The Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary event took place over in Tokyo, Japan yesterday and Sonic Team time lord Takashi Iizuka was there. At the event Takashi Iizuka finally announced ‘officially’ that a ‘new Sonic the Hedgehog game’ will be coming out next year.

archive.is/m0Tzl

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/M1tO9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it Sonic Boom 2?

I'm not very excited tbh

dosen't seem so

it can't be shittier than boom

That's coming out this year on 3DS.

no please no

I secretly want a Generations 2 with Master System and GBA levels revisited

The only good game this guy has ever created is NiGHTS Into Dreams. I'm not looking forward to this new Sonic game.

This

What if we get a Sonic game of NiGHTs into Dreams quality?

All right lets take some bets, what will the new Sonic game be besides shit

Mmmm, what if Mario and Sonic actually have an official Mario adventure together? None of that Olympic Games shit, like Mario and Sonic save Peach and Amy together.

How will Chris-Chan react to this news?

His arms aren't blue in the poster, though

This. Give me Sonic Generations 2.

About fucking time they say something after half a year of being cockteases about it. That E3 stream was fucking pathetic. I don't care what series it's a part of, just make it something decent.

DOCTOR MARIO, I'M FAST.

Then I will personally fly to Japan and suck the gook's tiny-ass dick.

You saw it, too?

I really hope it's an Adventure-styled game, with all of the necessary fixes.

Also Chao Garden plz

Mite be good
Last game was 3 years ago

I genuinely think this might be good. Hear me out.

So, "Sonic Team" are actually divided into two development teams that usually alternate between titles.
"Team A" did Sonic Unleashed, "Team B" worked on Colours, then "Team A" did Generations, etc. Gives them more time to work on each title while still keeping a good pace of releases.

The weird thing is though, the last thing "Team A" did was Generations. "Team B" did Lost World, then they did Runners afterwards.
This leads me to believe that Team A have been working on something all this time since they finished Generations. And if they're truly taking all this time to polish it and make sure it's gonna be good, then hopefully this might just be on par with a Mario title.

Or it could be a massive failure. Either case is equally probable.

I think it's good that they're taking the time they need and aren't rushing it to release in time for the anniversary. We all know how that turned out last time.

They aren't. It being shit is still the higher probability. Maybe mediocre. Good is a long shot.

They work for the scientist. The Egg man.

It's being made by Sonic Team, m8

I want to believe
(But I have no expectations. I will not be let down again)

I'd rather they just use better levels from the main games. The 8-bit games are great but they missed so many from the main games. They should have at least used ones that appeared in multiple games so as to get more coverage. Ice Cap should have been in since it was in both Sonic 3 and Sonic Adventure. Death Egg should have had elements from both the Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles incarnations. The only thing they got right was the Heroes level being a beach so they could include Emerald Coast shit.

Also, Adventure Sonic should have been a separate character with his gameplay style represented. Modern Sonic is different and worse than Adventure-06 Sonic.

Sequel. The only thing close to a "reboot" was Boom, and that's only because it was a tie in to a tv show. And I'm pretty sure the only prequel in the series is Tails Adventure. Which is awesome, but nobody remembers, not even the people at Sega.

The Sonic at the event doesn't have blue arms, so Chris will surely spend his mother's medication money on this latest game.

ftfy

This. I just want Adventure Sonic gameplay back. Adventure Fields and other characters are okay but I don't need them. I just want to roll around at the speed of sound. Not boost around like a glorified QTE game.

Phantasy Star was Rieko Kodama, underaged faggot.

Aaron, the guy in charge of the Sonic twitter repeatedly acknowledges the mistakes of Boom and reguarly discusses the discussions with fans with the devs.

he used to be a dev, but now hes the social media bitch that shitposts on this board

Sonic Twitter is part of the reason I'm quietly anticipating it
Them letting their twitter guy make fun of their mistakes means that they probably are working hard to prove themselves this time

Read his recent interview. He wasn't a dev. He was a moderator of some SEGA forum before.

I REALLY hope this game does not in fact turn out to be NX exclusive.

With those Trips I don't know what to think

he was never a dev

Yes he was, he made crazy taxi.

yeah a teenager working on crazy taxi? believable.

That would be retarded to release anniversary title just for one platform.

Except he wasn't, read his interview archive.is/M1tO9

lol, i was just having a bit of fun with you guys.
iks de.

more like being retarded

proven myth if you actually compare the credits between games. There is no Team A and Team B. There used to be a mainline team and storybook team, but they're all rolled together now.

u wot m8

Here's what's happening. Probably due to the internal changes in organisation, they're only starting their shit about now. Sonic Team's moving the the US again- that's what Aaron means with "it'll be easier now for them to take criticism from the West, whereas with Sonic 4 the messages got lost in communication".

This year, instead, we get the 2nd Sonic Boom 3DS game, and probably something else that Aaron's building up to and presenting in SoA's Sonic party on July the 22nd.

The game is probably going to be good but Sonic's reputation is so tarnished due to bad games and its own fandom, people will still find the new game mediocre, like Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.

doubly so because the sjw clique is now mad at sonic's pr so they're gonna bash him even harder, and the mouthbreathers who normally are all for telling journos to fuck off will delightfully agree because "it's alright when I agree with it"

And so the Sonic Cycle begins anew..

And let it begin forever and every morning after.

Sonic Cycle hasn't applied since 2008.

That's what Sonic Xtreme on Saturn was supposed to be, then Sega buttfucked the devs and Naka threw a fit over filthy gaijin using his precious Nights engine.

What's Naka got to do with anything?

SoA went behind everyone's backs and got shit for it. That's it.

No sanic fan listens to reviews anyway. They shit on Generations and Colors despite being good. If the reviews are low on a good game it will just make more noise on social media and sell copies.

I can't speak for Colors, but having played Generations I can say it's just very mediocre largely in part to the dull level design.
There's only one level and maybe a few parts of others I can remember fondly if at all.

Colors is overrated as fuck and not nearly as good as Generations or Unleashed. People just praised it because it didn't try alternate gameplay styles, even though the one gameplay style that was there was shit. Even Generations is still pretty meh, as you said, but it's a hell of a lot better than colors.

But will there be a Chao Garden?