What name do you use when a game asks for one?

What name do you use when a game asks for one?

Which games make best use of them?

Why I use "my peanus weenus" of course!

hahahaha
MY PEANUS WEANUS

Awesome

I haven't played such a game in a while, but next time I think I will take up the mindset of CIA and name my character after the game itself.

HAHAHAHA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MY PEENIS WEANUS
HAHAHA
PENIS WEENIS!!!

If I'm lazy I just name myself after what some other characters would call you ingame. So Doodle for MH4, because the guildmarm calls you that.
Otherwise I put on my mask and banepost my way through the character creation screen.

I make a female character and name her after the first hot girl who comes to mind.

If it doesn't have a default name, I just use a random name generator

Before I found out about those it could take me up to a fucking hour to name my character, and that's if I only have to name my character and nothing else

Depends on the game, if the game shoehorns the player into a relationship (Demon Gaze) or some semblance of a personality (Tactics Ogre) I use the canon name. If it's a completely empy shell then I'll self-insert and name the character after myself.

I can never do this without feeling like a turbo autist

This only works in certain games. In most fantasy games it's really jarring to have someone call the MC "Dennis" or whatever the fuck.

It's less about living vicariously through a game and more about getting stuck on a choice and instead of thinking 'how would this character act in this situation' you think 'what do I think is the right choice'.

Usually either the canon name or my name. Really depends on the game. If it has two genders for the same character (like recent Fire Emblems) I have a girl name I'll always use if I play a female.

TRAP?

I know, I get the logic behind it, but every time I try it I end up regretting it immensely and cringing internally every time I see my name on the screen

Either my username or some random word but in my mother language. Usually the lack of accents hiders this.

Oh god, no. I just like to switch the gender up if I'm going to play a game a lot (or if the animations/voice for females are better), and I usually use a specific name when playing a girl, because I like how it sounds. Plus I'm not fighting to think of one for three hours, this way.

For single player shit, I generally just go with whatever.

For multiplayer, I tend to opt for the scientific names of flowers or insects.

Depends. Fantasy games I have to have something that fits the theme. But I end up feeling stupid by having something like "Gavalast" or "Darladdius"

Any other game, "Sexton Hardcastle"

Either my waifus name if I can play female or my Steampunk inspired alias I use online.

I'll name the character after myself if the game has a self-insert protagonist.
Otherwise, it's the default name.
I also use the default names for party members.