Subnautica Thread

I started this game a few days ago and I'm hooked. I don't think the game is intended to be horrifying but it is at times, especially the blood kelp zone.

Post bases, subs, stories etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kamakazi/crabsquid
steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/523897653306355954/?ctp=9#c371918937268702725
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140922145805.htm
trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap
archive.is/SxwPg
archive.is/DglpW
archive.is/jk3Se
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still downloading for me.

I was surprised how enjoyable it was, it took awhile for it to get really interesting though.

Anyone know how you dock the cyclopse in the moon bay?

Does the game still run like dogshit?

Why are you attention whoring, a flag isn't needed

Why bother having them then? Why derail threads?

I usually only have issues getting in and out of the water after that it's pretty smooth

I was eyeballing this earlier today.
Tell me, if I had to choose between this and Space Engineers for some reason, which would you guys recommend?

Did anyone else get the "I love it when you come inside me." thing from their submarine? Usually it says "welcome aboard, captain!", but this one time it welcomed me with that bombshell.

You could test both.

?

it doesn't matter as long as you aren't trying use them like a name

You have shit taste

Kill yourself.

Never got that one. And I hope you're not talking about the cyclops' voice

I'm honestly really fucking tempted. Though I'm not sure how good a 970 will do me for ReVIVE games and Vorbx (really wanted to play some VR stalker)

I tried Subnautica with an oculus development kit and speeding around in the seamoth was surprisingly fun.
Since it was a development kit the rest was kinda meh because of the shit resolution. No Idea how consumer versions will feel like.

Someone say Subnautica?

Been playing this in VR.

VR makes everything tedius so I don't want to play more than 30 minutes, but it's fun swimming around.

Might play some more and figure out the point of the game / get some resources going.

Seems pretty cool. I got it for VR, but I don't like spending a lot of time in VR, and this seems like a "spend a lot of time" kind of game. Like Ark.

Also I hate how you can't use the controller to look up and down and have to use your head.. It sucks when you must look directly down or directly up.

Just ride it up the entrance, it should dock automatically

That artist has some interesting taste.

is it out of EA?

Last time I looked, no. But, they're slowly adding more stuff; which is a plus, I guess.

I need fucking guns in this shit game.
Is it going to have mod support? or is the dev a pansy ass bitch that's afraid of people putting in something that fucking rustles him?

I haven't installed this bullshit for the sole reason that I'm not going to plunge into the depths of the ocean without a way to defend my self and make some fucking sushi.

If you want to kill something, stab it in the face like a man.

You've clearly never gone fucking spearfishing

Stop being a fucking nigger.

So no mod support, got it, thanks for that faggot.

There's just cute ass Reefbacks being loud as fuck and Sandsharks being the niggers of fish.
I can't get myself to face Reapers even with the Cyclops
I piss and shit my pants at the same time when I see their massive silhouette in the distance

Wait I confused blood kelp zone with grassy plateaus, fucking shit

Get the defensive shock thing for the Seamoth and fuck reapers' shit up.

Sort of, but they are removing terraforming next update which will massively improve performance.

hi

The fuck would be the point of allowing mods in a game that's still early access? Every time anything is added to the base game the modders would have to fix everything. Stop being a retard.

They're not even programmed to attack the cyclops currently.

Wasted all those resources thinking they where real torpedos

Also, anyone else cheat the blueprints thru the command prompt? Spent literally hours trying to find one last fragment of the moonbase.

Wasted trips.

Oh fuck.

>instantly kills anything it hits unless it's been changed since i last used

go bait somewhere else nigger

I know that Cyclops is an immunity against them but I still can't do it because they're massive sea creatures in the deep and they drive me up the fucking wall because of that. Once and the Emperor gets added in the game I'm really going to have a hard time playing it.

Confirmed casual nigger. You gotta go deep and look for that shit, it ain't that hard.

here's the map

The cyclops is bigger than reapers. Ram into them and assert your dominance.

The Sea Emperor's not going to be aggressive, though. It'll either be passive or defensive.

the dragon will be though

Went to the wiki and spent 2 hours in and out of the area where they are suppose to spawn.

Not my fault resource spawning is fucked, there's a metric ton of seamoth fragments littered all over the place.

Played it 4 months ago, so I don't know if newer builds are different

Played the latest build recently, the only things that took some finding were the Cyclops engines and a single part for the moonpool.

I do foggily recall something about fragment spawning in the update log, though

How does it control in VR? I'm probably gonna get it when I get paid next week. Is there multiplayer? If so, is it segregated like Project Cucks?

So what did ya name yer subby-tubbies?

I was told space engineer is bug ridden and new updates added features nobody want, this one finally received the exosuit update that everyone wants along with two new leviathans. I would go with this.

Do I still have to play as a nigger?

Read the thread but yeah its bullshit how they aren't adding any actual weaponry ingame
Not talking guns but simply harpoons and real torpedos.
And how the fuck isnt the gas torpedo a lethal weapon? These fucking devs are being massive faggots about "no guns"

It's a fucking mining vessel. Holy shit.

why would they have guns you retard

Hi reddit and devcucks if you read my post I didnt mention any guns

anyway

You can use the knife to kill you know.

sure thats far more reasonable using knives on reapers and sea dragons and all of the other unholy giant enemies

so why does the dev hate guns?

yes because they're deleting and banning people in their forums for suggesting any lethal defensive tools ingame

Play NS2. Its a same dev.

Probably just dumb design choice

Just pointed out you mentioned about guns.

Thread deletion is prolly down to peole ignoring the FAQ on guns/multiplayer, but i've never heard of anyone actually being banned for it.

yes but I was specifically calling for torpedos and harpoons

Some of the in game text suggests you work for a company with near Aperture Science levels of stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother sending any weapons along. Especially considering you're supposed to be building some kind of stargate and MAYBE doing search and rescue in the aerial equivalent of a cyclops.

Aurora II for the cyclops and Charles for the seamoth.

But you also went onto say that you disagree with the devs no gun policy

I just told you why you little pedantic faggot
stop twisting the fucking discussion away from it

Randomly generated maps would ruin this game

I can sort of see where the 'no guns' thing is coming from after reading some stuff.

Things would have to get even more dangerous to compensate for the fact you could torpedo half the ocean out of the water once you get to a certain point. Keeping it almost exclusively non-lethal means you'll never be at an advantage to just rampage the sea-life and feel no threat from the lesser creatures ever again.

Just remember what you fucking post shittard.

you like sliding discussion more than a kike

What's wrong with randomly generated maps?

They should at least add it as an option. Preferably with a seed input so you can share them.

Because not only do traditional guns now work underwater, being able to go around and kill anything that looks at you would completely ruin the atmosphere of the game.

Anyways, fuck you. Subnautica threads are rare and I don't want to be shitting them up because fags can't remember what they posted.

hey look another cuck that didnt read my entire post

talking bout torpedos and harpoons fuck off

Because randomly generated maps tend to be not that much fun to explore. Usually they're made of the same few parts, copy-pasted and shuffled around until they're "different" enough. I'd rather explore one handcrafted map repeatedly than a dozen randomly generated ones. But thats just me.

This, although I would enjoy a randomized map if there was a multiplayer, where the map doesn't need to be so "handcrafted" since it's not in as much focus.

This is what my thoughts are as well. I've only just started playing but it seems to me that weapons would defeat much of the purpose of the game.

I think I'm starting to get an idea of what the userbase of this website is

what is wrong with you nigger

handcrafted>>>>>randomly generated
because the only way a map would be truly fun if randomly generated was if someone sat down and made like 100 different parts that would be generated then sat down for XXXX hours and set it all up with a whole bunch of logic and aesthetical feeling

I actually like the no guns stance for this game. I get the feeling they don't want combat to be part of the game and would rather you be helpless against the massive predators. I wouldn't mind a harpoon gun for style points that can kill some of the smaller enemies but i'd rather the large ones not be fightable.

Artistic imagery of any kind will distract you from the task of piloting your submarine. Herr Raeder would disapprove.

OOOOOOY VEEEEEY

What?

What?

but user, the picture is behind you, so when you stop driving you can look at it and feel motivated

You aren't interested in WW2 you're interested in the nazi culture shit and slipping it in as some sort of subliminal messaging. As most cancer from /pol you won't admit it, but whatever, you know what you're doing

What's wrong with you?

Why would this upset you unless you're some sort of anti-nazi piece of shit?

user, it's not subliminal messaging if it's an obvious picture

I spotted the kike!

The fun police have arrived.

Oh yeah, those straightedge kids.

I forgot about that fad.

Can we get back to Subnautica?

Specifically I have a question - how many people actually use the Cyclops? It feels like with how fast the Seamoth is, there's not all that much point to using a Cyclops. Farming stuff? Just zip out in a storage-fit Seamoth and harvest all the stuff you need then return to base. Going deep? Good chance you'll be able to maneuver easier in the Seamoth anyways.

Just doesn't feel like there's much reason to use a Cyclops. Maybe when ultra-deep biomes like the Lost River are added.

Cyclops has a much higher crush depth if you don't go all wild and slap a bunch of mods on your seamoth

Also, the leviathans can't eat you in a Cyclops. That is important.

I do. It's great for building/moving new bases and you have like 8 inventories full of raw materials.

She's also great for long ass dives.

I use it if I'm going deep, as I can always go back up and drop resources into the lockers and be able to bring more back to my base. It's pretty awkward to steer though

I use it as a mobile base of operations. It's just insanely useful to have a fabricator nearby at all times. I just park her in the general area I want to explore and go out in the sea glide, which I find infinitely more maneuverable than the moth despite the speed difference. Doesn't help that I have a version of the game that's bugged so that the seamoth station in the moon pool doesn't have the ports to insert upgrades, meaning the moth has a shitty crush depth.
On a completely different topic, how many other people are pissed at how they handle oxygen in Subnautica? When you make a knife in the game, you get a message saying the knife has been a staple of human tools for two million years. Let that sink in. The game takes place millions of years in the future where the MC has access to machines that literally zap things into existence, and you're telling me he does NOT have access to a scuba tank that has more capacity than my lungs in real life'? Real life oxygen tanks have enough air for 45 MINUTES to an hour. A mask that filters oxygen from water should have been standard equipment in that escape pod, or at the very least, something easily created with materials in the shallows. I understand why they limited oxygen so bad from a gameplay standpoint, but it really breaks immersion to have made a scuba tank and still have to go up for air about as often as I would have to without a tank in real life.

Maybe the water on the planet besides being contaminated is also of a different chemical compound and … things… that prevent oxygen tanks being larger?

Shit man, I agree, but it really is necessary for gameplay.

Have you tried Placing it at the walls?

I imagine they didn't want to make it too easy

Then it's not water. You can have all kinds of pollutants and organisms in water, but the base substance is still H20.

Yep. It's on the wall. The place where there's supposed to be the holes for the upgrades just doesn't exist.

Millipedes fuck in the cutest goddamn way.

Maybe it's an isotope of deuterium? Or some other totallynotgraspingatstraws argument?

I like my chino bigger

They mean that knives have been used even back in caveman times.

Oh god I'm retarded.
I saw the various fragments around, and since the placeholder model is a locked box resembling a safe, I assume the laser cutter was what I was supposed to use to open it. I've been agonizing for an hour about how the hell to get diamond without being able to make a base or vehicles. It took me forever to figure out that I only need to scan them.

Although, does the game actually tell you to use a scanner? I don't remember but if it doesn't, I can see that sorta making sense.

It tells you when you make the scanner.

I looked at their roadmap and it looks like their 1.0 release is going to be about August.

I feel like the game could do with a roll control. There are times I've been trying to get through tight cave with the Seamoth and hit Q or, more annoyingly, E, trying to rotate to fit in the crevice.

I wish the giant creatures were more squid/octopus like, I find it makes them far creepier

They should make a biome that is a gargantuan squid-like creature sitting in the seabed, overgrown with flora and fauna and you only might recognize the ground being alive by occasional soft movements or you're reaching the center head and put the pieces together.

soundcloud.com/kamakazi/crabsquid

Im not familiar with the devs of this game, are they some kind of anti gun nuts? Why so dead set against defensive weapons?

The game is absolutely intended to be horrifying. It's just not a "lmao jumpscares so spoopy :DDDDd" youtuber game. The horror comes from being completely isolated in a hostile and alien environment.

Because giving the player a decent weapon in a horror game defeats the purpose of a horror game.

from my understanding, they want it to be based on an original star trek vibe, I believe the in game lore explanation is that space missions can make you go crazy and so restricting access to lethal weapons means that you're less likely to fuck up and fail the mission.

this too, there's a reason why amnesia has been hailed as one of the better horror games ever made.

It's just another bloated 'controversy'. Smells of goons the way rote responses are given whenever the topic comes up.

You don't dock the cyclops, you dock the seamoth.

I'm aware, those make me dread going into the blood kelp zone, but they're creating megafauna and yet they aren't that creepy looking. If they made some sort of giant crabsquid hiding deep in the ocean it would be very creepy.

I like that idea

I game maker didn't because muh sandy hook. I would love more creepy deep sea sounds, there are some but more like vid related.

I want everything fightable but for you to need insane amounts of resources to build something that could kill the massive creatures. There's just something about a journey from being a mostly helpless survivor that has to run from everything to creating gear to subjugate the entire ocean to your will that's appealing. I'll probably work on a mod for destructive torpedos and such once it hits 1.0.

Silent hill 2/3 you can kill everything but they're still some of the creepiest games out there

if you ask me, it's likely not some LEFT WING LIBERAL ANTI-GUN COMMIE statement, and more of a "let's find more creative ways to deal with the living obstacles"

i mean, there are stasis rifles, and they recently added gas/vortex torpedoes for the seamoth (i haven't built a cyclops in literally months so i don't know if there are weaponry upgrades for it too)

personally, i'm half /k/ myself and love me some guns in my games but they would seem out of place in this setting i think. everything's so star trek "neat and clean" sci fi, it's hard to explain what i mean but yeah

In Silent Hill, you were hamstrung by the tank controls, making every weapon hard to use.

And you can kill everything in Subnautica. Yes, even the Reaper. The death animation isn't implemented, but you can do it. Just freeze it with the stasis rifle and stab it with the knife until it dies. Just because you can kill everything doesn't mean you have a decent weapon.

The exosuit will have some kind of drill as a melee weapon.

Except they had phasers with kill settings, photon torpedos, bat'leths, radiation weapons, planet busting weapons, and more I'm likely forgetting.

also they are pretty anti-gun in truth. I mean I'm still going to get this game as I've enjoyed playing it, I'm just opposed to people acting like some design decisions are for different reasons than they actually are.
steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/523897653306355954/?ctp=9#c371918937268702725

But we are at the top of the food chain. What does this even mean, should we go get eaten by lions? What?

Yes, respect your species and technology privileges.

What does it even fucking matter? You're making a drama out of a non-issue.

I'm just correcting him on his assumption that its not an anti-gun statement.

less guns, more slavery

when everyone is in bondage we will finally be free!

Your point being?

Correct your birth faggot.

Nah, I'm pretty happy with life.

No one likes a know-it-all.

Why are redditors so triggered at Holla Forums anyway?

WE'VE GOT A LIVE ONE BOYS

Put it down as making a good design choice for completely wrong reasons, I guess.

Why is it that nobody who is against weapons is willing to take the time to least even the first thing about them?
When I oppose something, I want to know as much as I can about it. I want to know precisely what steps to take against it, why the people who support it do so, everything. But there is something about firearms specifically where those most strongly against them are adamantly ignorant of as much as they can be.
Besides, if their concern is gun-related murder, then maybe they should remove the knives too. After all, in many countries, knives are used in more murder than guns.

Never claimed to know everything, if you see factually incorrect info that I post please correct it.

Anyone got any fun/interesting ways to make the game harder, including console commands? I've already gone all the way through normally, and while I've got an itch to play it again, it was pretty easy the first time through while knowing jack-shit, and it's even easier now that I know how to do everything needed and where to go. The standard "hardcore" mode also seems pretty crap as far as a hard mode goes, since all it does is turn off one warning alarm and delete your save on death, not quite enough to make it difficult instead of just tedious.

The only ideas I've personally got are either to try and contend with the buggy-ass half-done nitrogen system you can turn on with a command, up the damage and/or game speed multipliers with the related commands, or just to spawn a ton of bullshit like reapers and the unimplemented enemies to come after me wherever possible. Possibly even all three at once.

Have yet to really try any of those though, so if anyone's got any better ideas or versions of the prior ideas, I'm all ears.

This complete and total inability to separate fantasy from reality is what's pushed me further and further to the right over the past decade.

Because even mentioning anything Holla Forums related can permanently derail an entire thread.

Rote responses. Just like fucking goons.

Try doing everything without using any vehicles.

Is this true or are you pulling our legs?

If trolls trolling trolls has influenced your ideology, you can't afford to have one.

Because they wear their beliefs on their sleeve and share it with everyone, regardless of the conversation. They're like bronies; it's not enough that they think Hitler was a great guy, they have to let everyone else know it and if you point out that their statements are unwelcome in a completely different topic, they shout "GOOD GOY" and REDDIT!" because who wouldn't want to hear a lecture on degeneracy for the thousandth time?

Is there any Subnautica porn?

I was playing lost planet 3 the other day and one of the guys in the game said why weren't their mining rigs equipped with weapons for self defense and the other guy said since it would turn a simple mining robot into a paramilitary rig. Maybe the game treats it the same, the whole ship was probably outfitted for exploration so no weapon blueprints on it. I don't know, I haven't really played this game that much/

alternatively they do it because it pisses the ever loving fuck out of everyone.

is basically all I've ever seen.

I wish there were foodporn with all the cooked fish and dishes you could make.

The ironic thing is that slamming niggers and praising Hitler used to be done for the lulz, and now the boards are overrun with genuine idiots who mistakenly believe their inane rants are useful.

I searched 34 paheal and this was the only tagged item

That could work, but it seems to toe the line between "difficult" and "tedious", at least regarding things like traveling between places. It would certainly make reapers a lot more threatening the moment you have to go deep for something, rather than "avoidable jumpscare you can survive once but die to the second time, until you get the zapper for the seamoth and it becomes trivial". Just getting inside the Aurora in one piece and then back out again would be plenty of fun too. I'll have to give it a shot.

Also, on the topic of "no guns because muh children" versus "massacre the entire ocean and then never be afraid again", the devs are clearly anti-gun and cite that as their reasoning for no guns, but I actually do enjoy the way the game works without guns being involved despite thinking their reasoning for it is shit.

Having to get into biting/instant-kill range of something if you really want it dead keeps things nice and balanced so that you're never really "safe", but you can still wreck shit if you've got the balls and are willing to risk your life for it. Killing things is a risk-reward scenario that way rather than a guarantee, since whatever you're trying to kill can just as easily take you out, so you need to have a good mix of quick thinking and aggressiveness to win. It would probably work well with the exosuit drill too if that turns out to be a viable weapon, since you'd have to get right into a reaper's face and tangle with the motherfucker in a real battle to the death, if you wanted to make him into fish fillets.

Besides, there isn't much manlier than taking on a giant alien monster at the top of the local food chain that can instantly kill you like you're made of paper, using only a knife and raw anger. A gun just isn't as personal and brutal as jamming a sharpened piece of metal right into whatever you want dead that also wants you dead.

There is one huge reason that weapons should be included even if not easily accessible at the beginning.
Spoilered for plot reasons.
A secret part of the mission only known to the Aurora officers was to find out what happened to the Degasi. They really didn't know what brought it down so there's every reason to expect potential hostiles.

aww yiss

Would drink her juices.

It definitely does, I've done that with one playthrough, including the seaglide in with vehicles. You have to utilize pipes a lot to go deep which is by far the most annoying part. Things are way more interesting and terrifying with only a stasis gun to protect you from quick death to reapers and those octopus things though.

What kind of fever-dream are they trapped in where automatic weapons are easy to acquire in the US?

what happened to that game where you use a sonar and you see a sinked ship, but its actually a giant monster using a ship as a shell will swiming at you?

Divillion or something like that. I dont think its out yet.

There was recently a big stink with the competitive community from one of their other games called Natural Selection 2 … (which has guns ayy lmao)

their forums are a fun place
"Message Removed. PM Sent."

There are various non-lethal weapons that can scare wildlife away or knock it out. You can also kill most things with enough knife stabs. There's also a new poison gas torpedo for the Seamoth from the last update.

Even more concerning than the devs' hippy anti-gun attitude is that they appear to be vegans, or at least promote a pro-vegan agenda. There's lots of quips in the game's encyclopedia about how "disgusting" it is to consume the flesh of other living organisms, even for the sake of survival - and when you "cook" a fish in the game, it actually molecularly arranges it into something else entirely that's still shaped like the fish for some inane reason.

I can understand people being afraid of guns for whatever ignorant reason and thus opposing them, but vegans are 100% species traitors. Fuck them to hell.

I love how vegans think they're not taking a life when they eat plants.

I often wish for a scientific discovery that plants somehow scream in pain and terror when harvested, just so that vegans will starve themselves to death finally.

Haven't there been weird studies where plants did better when grown with music played around them constantly?

There's quotes in the game about how disgusting it is to eat flesh because your character has probably eaten nothing but synthetic spaceship food for his entire life.

That's called cooking, user. That's what cooking does.

This is bullshit. This is a same Devs who made Natural Selection 2 where you play as spacemarine who kills xenos and build Machinegun Robots.

I've always wondered what fried skulk tastes like

This is even narrated in the text passages he's whining about. What a quotemining little shitcunt.

Pretty sure they do. Grass does, at least.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140922145805.htm

So every time you cut your lawn, it's screaming in pain and terror.

Well I provided the link where they said it, I'm not making it up

we need to evolve so we dont kill anything for our survival

Good, I fucking hate grass, making me sneeze all the damned time. I'll start chanting allah ackbar when cutting their heads off next time.

It is actually pretty simple if you live in a state that allows them, have a clean criminal record, and have a lot of time, money, and patience to burn.

I don't like you, bitch nigger.

He's full of shit cause the game's roadmap still has exterior and interior gun emplacements.

trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

It's under June

In the part I'm talking about, it's specifically stated that the fish meat is disassembled and reassembled into completely different matter. The way they describe it, you could easily cook rocks into edible food using the exact same scifi process, so it's surprising you have to catch the fish at all.

Are you triggered?

Shit is all you remember.

Too late, user.
archive.is/SxwPg

he's an actual dev, my bet is that the "gun" placements will also be nonlethal, like the shock weapon on the seamoth.

+1

archive.is/DglpW
She's so perfect.

She's just batshit crazy. Those views are completely contradictory.

yeah, she is perfectly crazy

Not completely contradictory.
Given the options:
Only one of those options actually damages your genetic line. The third option is a neutral cop-out, but not terribly damaging. If anything, it helps her genetic line by weeding her insanity out of the stock.

She doesn't want to have kids because she doesn't want to have a settle down lifestyle, or so she says, but she changes her opinion on a number of things pretty quickly. Including being from the planet Venus.

But what she's saying is that people racemixing is destroying racial and cultural identities, and that she believes that the melting pot is a bad thing. That she'd rather be tortured to death than to have offsprings with someone who doesn't want to live the same lifestyle that she does, and most certainly not with someone who might not be as pure nordic as she is, because she doesn't want to have jewish or russian (not much difference…) kids.

She's also not creating half-breeds, so fuck you.

This guy gets it.

why are fancy rats so cute

I think you guys will like this…

Here we have one of UWE's devs on twitter

archive.is/jk3Se

Wow that guy is an insufferable cunt.

Irrational antagonism is always the first instinct of the willfully ignorant.

he's a real treat.. I think a few people got banned for posting that image on the forums just to fuck with him

Devs' reasoning for not having guns is retarded, however the end result (that lots of creatures are still a real threat) is good, so I'm not bugged that much by it.

Aside from fully automatic weapons essentially being allowed only to the wealthy, they're really much less dangerous than semi-automatic or bolt action weapons.

Firing full auto has poor accuracy and burns through ammunition like a motherfucker. Military uses it because they can afford to waste massive amounts of ammo, and it does have its role in machine guns. But by and large, if you actually want to kill a huge number of people, especially unarmed in a gun-free zone, semi-automatic is the way to go.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind tomorrow.

Why do people like this game?
I don't get it. I played it for two hours and it seems like a generic early access survival/crafting game.

It's the atmosphere it gets right. The ocean can be quite terrifying in that game, as well as the beasts in it.
It's got the same problems that most early access games have - lots of bugs, game breaking ones, lack of content, shit that doesn't work, general feeling of incompleteness, shitty optimisation, technical issues (framerate drops, poor rendering).
Hopefully it actually gets finished.

sure feels like summer in here

Military primarily uses semi automatic weapons with fully automatics mainly being used for laying down supressive fire. While you're definitely right about semi automatic weapons generally being superior a fully automatic weapon could be if bodies were packed densely enough together. Could be devastating in a place like China or New York City at new years.

>>>/k/351216

while an issue consider that with something like a M249 you can fire close to a thousand rounds per minute and you'd have a small time window before being taken out by the heavy police presence anyways.

Is there even one of those open-world survival games in early access which actually got finished?

Unlike most they probable will finish Subnautica. They've already got most of the content in that they were planning on for full release and development is steady.

Seems like pretty cool taste to me

_no_

Random is a better experience with other people, and that poster is all about multiplayer.

I always need more men for my ship.

gays not welcome

So how do you fags stay /cozy/ after spooky dives?
I like to chill at the floating island while listening to some H.P audiobooks before heading out.

Got more food than I could ever need and currently breeding stalkers in hopes of more of their teeth so that I can build some more observatories.

I have never found the island before

Understandable, it took me some time to stumble over it as well due to rendering distance.
Do you want to know where it is or do you wanna find it yourself?

would be nice if you could drop scrap into an aquarium with a bunch of stalkers you could get teeth that way.

This setup worked well for me after I bred them, I'm going to be pretty annoyed when they remove the terraformer. Really hoping it can be modded back in.

That's a very, very impressive setup user. Good job.

Unless they change the way buildings carve out areas when they remove the terraformer, you could carve out something like this by building stuff.

It wouldn't be sealed up all the way to keep the stalkers there though, which is the main point.

You can dig downward holes with the vertical connector and then sideways with corridors.

Pretty good, user.

On a sidenote. I find it pretty cool that the planet you are orbiting seems to be an actual round 'planet', instead of a static picture.

Such a cozy detail for a game where you spend the vast, vast majority beneath the waves.

So that's why you can't drop items outside of water.

I don't think you understand that I want a relatively small completely closed off space. Yes you can use buildings to dig out holes but without a tool to fill in holes you can't achieve what I want.

Basically the pod would just
JUMP
up in the sky and never slow down. It was amazing

I found this video impressive, shame they changed gravsphere mechanics so its no longer possible.

kill yaself

literally evolutionally unfit

literally evolutionally unfit

literallly fuck you

That's because it doesn't draw unless you are like 1 km away

My game's fucked.
I've downloaded several builds, and in each one I'm stuck in the main menu, can't select any options and the mouse doesn't show up.

See

There's a big difference between not wanting to buy a game because you disagree with the design philosophy and wanting to completely shame them into compliance. I don't see anyone here hounding the devs on their social media accounts.

You do know we have IDs on this website, don't you?

You say that like Holla Forums users won't try to drown out anons that don't go with the popular opinion.

You no I didn't see the second guy's post until after I posted the first post

I think you're just a retard at this point.

You don't get what I was saying.

On Holla Forums you're only allowed to criticise a game if it's left-leaning.

100% bullshit. People here shit on Hatred left and right for being generally kind of boring and for having abysmal performance.

On Holla Forums you're allowed to shit on anything and everything, and we do.

You're fucking retarded. You are allowed to say what ever the fuck you want just do act so fucking surprised when no one shares the a same fucking opinion as you, you're not gonna get fucking banned but don't expect to get praise for expressing shitty fucking opinions. The majority of the users lean to the right, you know why? because of fucking moot kicking gamergate out of 4chan, so no one respects liberals. So don't go around saying that only certain opinions are allowed on Holla Forums just because you're so much of a damn pussy you can't handle when someone tells you the shit you spew out is shit.

That's not what I saw the last time there was a thread about it.

Nobody is "trying to imply" it. The devs themselves outright stated it.
Previous games they've made are irrelevant when you have them unambiguously saying the lack of guns is entirely political.

The only question is whether or not, by pure serendipity, it turns out being a good decision for the game anyway.

Holla Forums influence and because SJWs existing now makes anyone avoid saying anything remotely left in fear of being accused of being an SJW?

What the fuck is that supposed to mean. Is this the definition of the modern day cuck?

You're fucking pathetic.

I didn't misread anything, perhaps you should proofread.

Try running the game as an admin. The build I have won't let me do anything except bring up the load save screen unless I do that.

Everyone has shit opinions. Take a good look at the catalog, the only difference is that most users actually have a backbone unlike you and just don't give a shit.

Now take a good look at the state of the industry, you know what, fuck that, take a look at the fucking indie scene. They are the only ones that matter in their eyes and guess what? they're all fucking liberal. I can even say that Holla Forums was just there saying "I told you so".

That's not the point. The point being is that GG got shut down and censored on 4chan due to fucking leftist.

The cliques are, but not all of the individual devs. Vavra and Hatred devs are the easiest examples.

No one is implying they're anti-gun. The devs said it themselves.

Honestly

I want this game to have storms with hugeass waves that throw you around unless you retreat to a deeper part of the ocean till its over.

stuff like in vid related.

And I want a god damned gun, for defending myself against all the giant maneating sea monsters. A knife feels a tad inadequate for the job…
Especially shit like crashers would be a lot less obnoxious if I could just make a harpoon gun for killing them before they kaboom in your face.
I'd also love to have access to basebuilding at the ability to carry enough mats to make more than 1-2 segments of said base at a time before I have to go for more.
This could allow the devs to throw more seamonsters at the player, especially at night, forcing the player to whole up in a heavily defended base to brace for the storm at night, like late levels of Terraria.
This could help add some variety to the game, so its not all swimming around the same area with only the occasional shark or crasher to worry about, and said things only being dangerous because you have to fight them like fucking tarzan despite all your technology.

How optimized is it. I'm stuck in my old house for a month so I have to use my high school rig. It has an amd a10 6800k and nvidia gtx 660

So what the fuck happened, aka, what do I do now?
So I was heading towards the ship and went inside and shit (after I gotten radiation suit), found 2 components for whatever inside and fell down. It turned to night and some big ass eel or some shit ate the fuck out of me.
And there are meany scary things everywhere I go.
Either a stalker, or a sandshark, or some fishy jumping out of a flower to get some resources.
But where am I supposed to get crash powder to build a damn welder?

Mate I've been on boats a good portion of my life, and "retreating to a deeper part of the ocean til it's over" – I've never heard anyone say anything like that ever, however I have taken refuge in a cove because the rocks provide cover from the waves.

You can run it just fine with that computer, my AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE with GeForce GTX 550 Ti was able to run this game just fine. I've upgraded heavily since then, but fact of the matter is, a lesser computer can run it just fine.

Deeper as in down, not out into open water, I think he meant.

What resolution do you play it at?

we've heard. this game isnt about "shooty killy". if you dont like the game, dont play it, and dont shit up threads.

here's your (you)

submariners say that at certain depths under the waves the storm stops shifting the subs around.

Ah.

Yeah, misunderstanding about "deeper."

look in the starting area, in the little tunnels. You'll have a fish aggro on you, and go kamikazy and blow up on you. Check what it came out of for the powder.

kamikaze*

You just described the number one problem with this game, not guns but this. This is the textbook definition of gameplay padding. Spend more time gathering shit then exploring, only to explore for a couple of minutes only to go back and look for all the shit you need to make more batteries or what ever else.

It's take a huge amount of time to gather everything you just so you can get to exploring, not necessarily a bad thing if you're an autist but there should be better ways to handle that. Maybe the whole crafting mechanic needs a revamp.

I just stack cargo mods on my seamoth and have a cyclops as my mobile base, only feels like an issue very early game.

Someone should make this serf's dream come true and shoot him in the fucking head.

You don't need to build a fuckhuge base that needs massive amounts of resources to get everything in place for exploration. You can fit all placeable stations and enough storage in a few corridor pieces on a single foundation.

They had hand phazers in Star Trek

what does that tell you?

We had these same fucking arguments at least twice already in this thread. Fuck off!

So not easy at all?

Where do you get inside the ship?

It tells me that in this game, i'm not on top of the food-chain, which I like. I don't give two fucks about the pussy devs reasons to have nogunz. Having guns would make the game about engaging spooky Crabsquid and other sorts of various hellspawn, not just avoiding the fuck out of them.

To the left side of the ship, if you go along the side, you'll find a small opening, near the bottom of the side of the hull.

You can also go in by the front, but there's baby fuck crabs there that hates you, so bring some health-kits if you wanna go that route.
You can also bring a wielder and stabilize the Aurora engine This will remove radiation after a few in-game days.

Oh nice, I went to the ship a few times, but I noticed the shitty textures and thought I wasn't meant to be that near.

If you get a propulsion cannon first, you can shoot those crab fucks out into the sea.

Yes. Why are the Aurora textures so trashy?
I've noticed some invis walls in the back as well. For being such a set piece, they really should get to fixing that fucker up.

They are currently expanding it. Adding a place you find and exosuit fragment. Maybe more basic base building stuff when they remove some more advanced structure blueprints from the start.

The guns just seem like a logical response to surviving in a sea full of man eating monsters. I understand that they don't want gameplay to revolve around getting bigger guns so you can go kill bigger monsters constantly like terraria does, but at the same time, I would like to have better tools for dealing with the dangers the game throws at me than sit inside my base and hope the bad thing goes away.
Especially since a lot of the game revolves around going into the places the bad things live in to get resources from there.
Hell, a harpoon gun seems like the most logical way to catch smaller fish for food, not just a means to kill big bads.
Besides, guns would add some variety to the game, by giving the player options for dealing with the monsters already in it. If the devs wanted a game about peaceful exploration, why did they fill it with man eating monsters? And if the game revolves around getting to resources in said monster filled environments, why deprive the player of their main means of over coming the obstacles they have placed in the game.
Its not like the tech we see ingame wouldn't be capable of producing at least improvised weapons better than what we get in the game. Just weld that survival knife to a 10 foot pole and you have a spear that can keep you well away from a stalkers teeth while you scare it off.

I guess there's an argument to be made that bases itself on the same reason you don't get guns in some horror games. You're supposed to feel vulnerable beneath the waves of an alien planet where you're cat sized compared to some of its inhabitants.
It would also make sense that guns were heavily restricted in the future or some gay shit, so your character didn't have access to blueprints to make such a thing.

But I doubt this was the dev's initial intention
That's the weirdest and probably weakest excuse I've ever heard, but I do still like not having guns in the game. A spear would be sick though.

You do have tools for that, you're just too stupid to make use of them. Proximity defense system on the Seamoth, Propulsion cannon to draw in items and fish (making fishing much more easy) and shoot them away or at enemies, the upgraded repulsion cannon gets rid of almost anything and kills off smaller fish. Vortex torpedoes on the Seamoth are like AoE repulsion cannons.

You have everything you need. Of course a gun is the only tool a dumb fuck like you can make use of. Anything else isn't straightforward enough.

Having a spear would be a bad idea, spears were always used a fishing and are one of the most primitive hunting tools and giving the fact that you are in an alien planet with no way to safely get food one of the most basic survival instincts would be to make a spear for underwater fishing and giving the tech you have harpoons shouldn't be too far off.

Meant

Having a spear would 'NOT be a bad idea

But user, that's like, gay

this user gets it

The constructor is supposed to give you context specific tools for surviving that can be made from local materials.
In the context of trying to survive in a sea full of giant predators, while trying to catch smaller fish for food, does it make sense to restrict access to tools for hunting and self defence against the local wildlife?

All of which are toys you won't get for a long while in the game, where as regularly dealing with stalkers is required if you want to have access to computer chips. I'm not talking about an automatic rifle or something like that. A spear with a tazer for a head you can shoot at the bigger monsters to scare them off would be a nice start though, and nothing it it would require anything you can't find early on, giving players the ability to defend themselves in the early game.

This, I can zip out in my seamoth and return with enough scrap to make like 50+ titanium. And could take even more if I switched it to dedicated cargo.

Same goes for quartz, just visit the blood kelp canyon and you get all the glass you need.

Get a Peeper and feed it to the Stalker. Or go diving into save shallows caves for silver. Or go to the two vents which have sandstone nodes in side caves.

Once you have the seaglide and a few batteries you can head to the grassy plateaus and find silver, seamoth, propulsion cannon fragments and more.

It's all there. You just want it dumbed down.

And if you git gud at movement, you can kill stalkers with nothing but a knife.

I don't want it "dumbed down" I want an alternative to running away like a little bitch from everything I encounter.
I want the ability to defend myself when a big creature wants to make lunch of me, with something more substantial than a fucking butterknife. In a survival situation, this would be critical to your survival, since the most immediate threat to your safety isn't lack of food or drinkable water, but the risk of getting eaten by a local predator the second you go where the game wants you to go.
I can deal with the stalkers with a knife, but that doesn't mean I don't want a safer and far more effective way to do it.

I WANNA!
*gasp*
I WANNA!
*gasp*
I WANNA
*gasp*

BWAAAAAAAHHH

You want a different game. Go and play a different game!

wanting alternatives isn't bad user, even though I don't agree with them

Almost every other survival game is guns and weapons. If he needs his fix like that, alternatives already exist.

On a different note. Have you guys found the bed?

I'd look it up on the wiki but i'm too autistic and it feels like cheating.

Yes. It's in the game.

I found it. If you want a hint: I found it in a broken base in a jellyshroom cave that the signal from the Holy Diver reference gave me the coordinates for, it was "heat signature"

Finished nuclear reactor and a few fuel rods (got a ton of uranium but need more lead) and started a garden room in my base. Gotta get more titanium for pots though.

Does the bed do anything? Like, say, speed up the day/night cycle or something.

Only thing I have observed about the bed yet is that it stops hunger/thirst depletion.

You mean fighting against nature shouldn't involve fighting, even when nature throws giant monsters at you?
Part of that struggle against the elements is overcoming them. Then this game has this fundamental logic build in, going so far as to give your seamoth a straight up weapon.
Why the fuck can't this extend to the player then?
Why the hell does the very notion of the player being able to defend himself with even something as simple and obvious as caveman technology, when desperately struggling to survive, offend you?

This isn't even the main reason that there should be more damaging weapons in the game.

The Degasi being brought down by unknown means is. If I can figure out how to mod it in after release I'm going to put plans for serious weapons on board the Aurora behind sealed doors in the captain's quarters since only officer knew about that part of the mission.

Oh sweet, thanks m8s

The game is more guiding you towards stopping you being a massive parasite on the eco system, and maybe even contribute in some form or another. The more "end game" items seems allude to this.

>Most efficient fuel for the bioreactor seems to be manure i'm guessing, as it serves no other purpose to my knowledge Or plant matter, which can be grown at a way faster rate than the bioreactor can use it

I'm just theorizing here, but if that's what the devs want, you eventually removing yourself from the ecosystem, or becoming a contributing member in some way, it is the most subtle and clever way I've seen it done in any vidya. That's why i'm inclined to belive they have no idea they're doing this and most of the good things about this game is a total accident.

Best biofuel is jellyrays. Live jellyrays stuffed into the reactor to become organic slurry

No, you said I'm afraid to say what I want. I'm not, even though the only responses I'll get are "go back" maymays. But you're in denial if you think the increasing stupidity of SJWs hasn't caused people here to go full retard right as hard as possible.

You said that people are afraid to say what they want so either you are or you think you're a mind reader of people you've never met.

Tried it, no success.

People being driven further right does not mean that people are afraid to state their opinion.

No, it means they're reactionaries who are abandoning their ideologies because some crazy people are somewhat close to them.

That's sort of chan culture in general. On Holla Forums it's hip to pretend you never liked a series when the latest game that comes out for it is crap.

Reacting to threats is just common sense. SJWs being supported at higher levels due to anti-white sentiment indicates that they are a clear threat. Being a reactionary is not inherently bad.

Like said, it's that some obviously forced themselves right purely through "SJWs like this so I don't want to anymore".

You know SJWs are reactionaries, right?

There's a difference between reacting to people having fun that you disapprove of and trying to stop them and trying to stop people that want you to become a secondary class of citizen.

You don't have to change you're ideology though to fight them.

Holy fuck if you don't have explosives of some sort how the fuck are you supposed to do rock excavation in a timely manner?

As for guns I'm more disappointed then angry, an actual good reason why underwater guns aren't used is because instead of doing anything it just pisses all the sea monster off so non-lethal methods bore more productive fruit.

No, I did as my ideology was very much in line with theirs and seeing the lies from the beginning and the media's embrace and repetition of said lies made me realize that I'd bought into a bunch of bullshit.

clarification: in line with theirs on issues other than video games.

Can't wait to rightfaggotry becomes mainstream so all you hipsters swing back.

You seem to think I just did a 180 overnight instead of questioning views I held at the time and reexamining it from both sides until reaching where I am now.

It seems like you've done the very things said in

I already pointed out that many of my views were predicated on things that I later found out were false and that the media's repetition of lies got me to question things that I'd previously accepted as basic fact. The wage gap being an easy example.

That puzzled me. Speargunning something because i's trying to kill you by ripping you apart with teeth and/or claws? Forbidden.

Gassing it like a jew? No problem.

If you want to contribute to the eco system, just go feed yourself to a stalker.
I understand why they'd want to encourage an eco friendly approach, but the problem is hat in the middle of a desperate struggle to survive is not the appropriate time to do so.
When dealing with predators that want to eat you, the only sane response is to insure your own safety first at any cost, not give the bloody things a sporting chance at getting a free meal.

Or feed the ocean by breeding airsacks?

Well. It starts off like that yeah.
But I have a neat base on the floating island, with a farm big enough to sustain me, 12 fellow hypothetical divers and two bioreactors.
From a 'realistic' survival standpoint. All my character has to do is eat, sleep and be a NEET until rescue. He doesn't even need to touch the water again if he doesn't want to.
Hell. He only 'needs' to get out of bed once a day (if) that to eat.

The appropriate thing is to avoid predators when you can and knife a few of them to death when you're in the middle of exploring.
I really dig this, I think this is the first game i've played where I don't want to murder everything that's not considered friendly. It's kinda refreshing.

I think what I'd want the most out of this game as of now, aside from some fucking optimization would be small polaroid picture frames you could stick on the window of your sub and customize, not unlike the ones of that lady you find in lockers. And a way to play mp3/mp4 files in the game. Maybe some more customization for the cyclops as well.

It also helps that they're not all beelining into your face from three miles out and won't let go until you kill them, forcing you to go full genocide on any hostile before you could get anything done. Live and let live is a viable tactic.

Telling them to gtfo with a repulsion cannon blast is enough to let you finish doing what you were doing and then move on.