Can someone explain Denuvo to me?

Can someone explain Denuvo to me?

Is it DRM or some kind of DRM+?
I want to play the new DOOM but I don't know what this shit does and there is no consistent information anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo#Controversy
plebbit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/43dgej/how_denuvo_works_and_why_its_so_hard_to_crack/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mad-max/cid=UP1018-CUSA00103_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001
skidrowcrack.com/doom/
doom-4-3dm-crack.silk.co/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New DRM that has been given crackers quite a huge headache

I heard it connects to a server when installing, that encrypts the game exe file. And each installation has its own encryption. Its basically the end all be all of drm, i heard it will take more than a month to crack.

DRM is pretty clear cut, user. There are no levels or different stages of DRM.
Something is either DRM or it's not, Denuvo is DRM.

It can be cracked by a single hex value edit, but it's surprising that after 40+ of anti-piracy practices in vidya it took them this long to come up with something that actually gives crackers any kind of grief.

I'm pretty sure that's the entire point of denuvo: The creators are keeping the details as a highest secret, but also telling everybody how much of a secret it is, just to hype it up as the ultimatest DRM.
I believe that the general idea is a encrypting the data several times, with the different keys being stored online exclusively, and designed in such a way that it's hard to generate them.
It is crackable, but takes a long while.

Not interested in pirating the game, I just want to know what this stuff is doing to my PC (if anything). I heard it kills SSDs and those SSHD things but no one that makes these claims ever follows up with proof :/

yes, that's why I want to learn what this thing is.

well I'm not the one that's going to spoonfeed you. Do something by yourself for once you stupid nigger.

ok

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo#Controversy
There are links there in the footnotes (those little numbers). Probably what you are looking for.

it makes sure nothing fucks with steam/origin when they check if you can play a game

On the plus side, everything with Denuvo has been AAA-trash not fit for even playing in demo form.

Oh wait, that's horrible, and means that almost everything launched since Denuvo has been complete shit.

Calling all anons to check dubs on register 5

What happened to the missing three dollars?

That's because in coding and programming, being on the defense puts you at a huge disadvantage. You have to essentially hope upon hope you've got as few zero day exploits as possible (there is always more then you can anticipate), and you have to patch it up every time that exploit shows itself. So the Denuvo devs have put out a strategy of figuring out how each crack is done then remaking Denuvo to be as tight as possible with each hole patched up at first Denuvo wasn't that big then eventually it got harder. This doesn't mean uncrackable it just means it will take longer to crack it each time. However because it gets harder the less and less Pirates will be motivated to try if the game is not worth the effort, which ensures the game will be dead on arrival since Pirates are very important for word of mouth advertising and if they don't give a shit it's a good measure Normalfags won't either.

Like nuDoom.

Pretty ironic all things considered.

Let's watch Denuvo take it's course, cutting off anyone that can't just throw out 50€ for 6 hours of fun, and see how it affects the industry.

Who knows, maybe sales will rise and the anit piracy crowd will feel justified in their actions but I expect the opposite.

Pathetic, so fucking pathetic.

Which denuvo games have a playable demo?

You do realize that any denuvo game will be unplayable in 5 to 10 years due to how the drm works with current cpus? Now that doesn't mean much when every game is shit, but there will be a gem somewhere in there and then people will be pissed.

nuDoom was ok, but not close to being worth 60$. I paid what it was worth. 5$

Here is how Denuvo basically works. It is basically a additional class collection that is intregrated into the games' code by the dev. As soon you execute it the game, Denuvo creates functionally identical clones of the code parts the programmers told Denuvo to clone. Now comes the DRM functionality: Denuvo has a optimized copy of each function protected for every Processor imaginable on its server. This means, Denuvo has many ciphers as Intel and AMD have processors and revisions of the processors. The interpreter figuring out what code snippet you need for your oddball processor is also obfuscated with code that is 10x bigger than necessary.

Such measures are nothing new and have been cracked 10 years ago in form of VMProtect.The problem is the Scene doesn't have secret infrastructure from which they could operate and there is no competent crackers out there anymore. That the source of what I what I have summarized is fucking plebbit of all places should be telling enough:

plebbit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/43dgej/how_denuvo_works_and_why_its_so_hard_to_crack/

I could find demos for:
fifa 15 & 16
faggot age cisquisition
star wars battlefield
unravel
plants vs zombies
doomed
Battlefield hardline alse had a timed beta or some shit, couldn't find a download.

So that's 7 out of 26 you can try before you buy. Too bad Hitman and Mad Max don't have demos since those are the ones I'm interested in.

Where is it user?

Mad Max is worth getting, I loved it, its one of those movie games done right, took these when I replayed it, I highly recommend buying it

Nice trips

if you have a ps4 its 15

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mad-max/cid=UP1018-CUSA00103_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001

it's cheaper than the steam sale.

What if I don't like arkham combat? Can I just run everyone over with my car?

No,but you can shoot them

Denuvo is a DRM for DRM.

So Doom only uses Steamworks as its DRM, but it uses Denuvo as DRM for Steamworks.

This way, there's no additional, external, annoying-ass DRM like Uplay to prevent the customer from accessing their game, but it makes it significantly harder for pirates to get a hold of.

Why would you want to play D44M anyways?

NuDoom doesnt even have a demo anymore.

Sales will definitely rise. Piratefags when hitting a game they can't pirate seem to have no problem suddenly finding the money. The better question is, will it be worth the extremely high cost of denuvo to game makers outside of the infinite money annualized AAAs?

Like look Warhammer total war. i hear it pretty good but there is zero buzz after month of relase. Rome total war got way more buzz then this.
Or JUST cause 3 only thing you get is videos from reddit that but rocket mines on some one vagin, JUST cause 2 got buzz for years.

There is more denuvo games but i can't thing single one top of my head because they don't have any online buzz going so they might not even exist.

fuck off with your gay anime images
the first one isn't worth posting and second one doesn't even make sense in the context it's posted in

I paid $12,49 for it and ended up quite disappointed. It's just so boring, and there's no real survival aspect to it either. You just drink or eat whenever you've lost health, and not whenever you're either feeling hungry or thirsty, or even sleep. That's all pretty damn basic stuff. The driving's not that fun either, unlike the customization of the Magnum Opus which is done pretty well. The combat is literally copypasted from Arkham series of games, which does disappoint me. Don't even get me going on the collectathon part. And if you managed to spend 10 hours playing the game you've got pretty much most of the best stuff available. Now for the nitpicks, they even had to make picking up items be hold-to-take. I also don't get why things with different camera angles (such as pouring fuel or eating food) fade to black at the end of the animation.
All in all, I found the game pretty mediocre.

Yes it does, I just played it.
8 Gb for just the first level. It wasn't the most horrible thing ever, but still bad. I was surprised when I pressed shift and instead of running he slowed down. Then I found out that the default walking speed is the only speed. So much for fast.
Graphically it looks ugly as sin, and I didn't notice much difference between ultra and low settings except for performance.

And why didn't they just not have the annoying cutscenes instead of "subverting" them. "lol, look how annoyed doomguy is right now, just like you".

They said it would be up for a week.

Well it's still up.

Because later on you get your typical "locked in a room while some faggot has a monologue for 5 minutes"

MGS V if you count Ground Zeros as a demo.

Mad Max is like $12 on G2A, but its on-foot gameplay is almost identical to all of the recent Batman games. PRES BUTAN X TO COUNTER/DODGE ATTACK Y, COLLECT THE WIDGETS, UPGRADE YOUR GEAR. I won't say that it was horrible, but by the time you can kick the shit out of everything, everything is already dead.

eh, I haven't seen footage of total war: warhammer but yeah for the most part denuvo games have been AAA trash that isn't worth a buy and in many cases not worth a pirate either.

What happened to all the good crackers? I know the older ones are either on the government's payroll or in jail, but there's always the up and coming ones.

I wouldn't, Ground Zeros was actually fun.

It's like super DRM

The way I've heard it, it's anti-tamper software, not strictly DRM. The idea is that if you can't tamper with the software, then the standard DRM measures the developer implements will become uncrackable, because you'd need to tamper with the software to crack it.

Downside: No mods, no cheat engine. This is probably why they went to the trouble of implementing Snapmap, and why this is the first idsoftware game that isn't open source.

John Carmack not being there probably has something to do with that too.

So many cucks, Denuvo DRM is terrifying and if the denuvo devs and the publishing companies who chose to use it get what they want do you know what will happen? When steam, or origin, or uplay or whatever servers these games are stored on ever go down which is an inevitability, the games will be lost to the sands of time. Nobody will be able to download them anymore, and they will slowly fade into obscurity, we will be unable to preserve these games for future generations and this should be regarded as unscrupulous and inexcusable. There is something inately human about wanting to preserve things for future generations and denuvo could keep us all from doing that.

If there is a game you enjoy would you not want your children, and your childrens children to be able to enjoy it as well, or would you rather have it fade into obscurity or non-existance just to fill the pockets of some kikes? Not to mention it makes games unmoddable. Its on par with securom and gfwl. People who say otherwise belong in my oven.

Also there is no evidence that drm protection increases sales in fact there is clear evidence to the contrary. Pirates get the word out faster and cheaper than viral marketing shills and shitty commercials ever did. Companies are fucking themselves over by using it.

Hate to break it to you but It is still technically DRM because it has functions authenticating your hardware with the binary online. So fuck off and stop watching black men fuck your wife

Not at that resolution.

Also everything id made after quake 3 was pretty lackluster anyway, I guess quake 4 was okay but ql was just a bad remake of quake 3, doom 3 sucked, and quake wars really wasn't that great. Also rage was boring so believing anyone who hypes doom 2016 up to be the best thing evar is an act of idiocy on par with shooting oneself in the foot.

I played the demo, color pallete sucks and some enemies blend in, majority of tracks are not fitting, soundtrack is pretty bad overall, the game is clearly not as fast as classic doom in spite of what retards and shills say, glory kills are stupid and you are just fucking yourself over by not using them, the shotgun and pistol are both shit, pistol wasn't good in classic doom either but man its been a long time since i've encountered a pistol that was as unsatisfying to use as nudoom's. Imps have some of the worst ai i've seen in a while, weapon models are too big and take up a fourth of the screen the demo dosne't even have fucking proper mouse config options since you have to use the console to turn off mouse smoothing and guess what? That's only available in the full game.

I just don't get what they were thinking, I know the game is supposed to get better later on so it wont be AS shit as the first level but did they have to pick what is probably the worst level in the game to showcase in their demo? Id and bethesda must really be retarded.

Some cracks are out now,, if anyone cares.

Got any proof?

It's a DRM mechanism made by the developers of the Sony Rootkit that works by spamming your RAM, HDD and/or SSD with useless read/write calls. Warning: This kills the SSD.

A fun ripoff.

Thank you, user.

Various sites that peddle out cracks released nuDoom. Of course downloader beware as always.

skidrowcrack.com/doom/

and if you don't trust pre-cracks and the like

doom-4-3dm-crack.silk.co/

DENUVO IS UNBEATABLE