NieR

Anybody still playing this?
I just recently got this and it really fun in wierd way. reminds me of metal gear solid 2 in that it's so wierd it's good

Well, yeah. The new game comes out next year. Of course people are still playing it.

It's one of Holla Forumss favorite gems. Even if it plays and looks like shit.

i see someone hasn't done their homework

I loved it myself, but it's an average game. People really love to exaggerate just how average the gameplay is as if they hadn't played a bad game forever to distinguish the bad from the average.

Leaving behind a quest guide for the people who may be interested in playing it.

I still need to get Endings C and D. I already know what will happen once I get ending D…

Gameplay overall is meh and a lock-on button would be nice, but Nier's very strong points are the atmosphere, MUSIC and the small details such as the little dialogues in the sidequests and such.
Oh, and the dub is pretty damn good - it's one of the few games I did not try to undub.

I… I just want a real Drakengard 1 sequel… :(

Ive olny finished the game once with ending b i think. I still need to get the rest of the endings.

never happening
over the top edgy cyber-fantasy anime games forever ;_;

I would, but I'm too poor to buy the game.
I pirated it and it's one of the dreaded black screen games, so after going through multiple hoops to get the damn thing to work, the second time I tried loading it it just crashed my PS3. Now it won't load at all.

I got NieR out of a bargain bin because I saw Kaine on the back of the box and thought she had a nice ass, it was well worth the purchase. I come back to it every now and then when I revisit games. I should give it another run through to prepare for NieR 2 I know it's going to be PS4 only but I want to believe in a PC release

What? What kind of set up do you have?
I bought it used myself, but since load times are much better from the HDD I ripped my copy and play it via CFW without issues.
Nier is a 'split' game so you can't run it from a FAT32 external - you have to install it on the internal.
Are you running an up to date CFW? Is your Nier copy's EBOOT file untouched from a vanilla copy?

When not using a Cobra-enabled system, these games that hang on a black screen such as Driver:SF or CoD can be fixed by having any PS3 game BD-disc inside. Get a cheap sports game if you don't have a disc and try running the game with that disc inside the system.

I loved Nier and am pretty hyped for Automata so I picked up Drakengard 1. I'm 5 chapters in and while it is actually more fun than I was expecting I'm kind of feeling the repetitiveness already. Maybe it's cause I'm not finding as many weapons as I should? I probably wouldn't be able to get through it as easily if I had no podcasts or anything to listen to. Hopefully the story picks up soon. There's still one more character from the manual that I haven't seen.

Is there any reason to summon your allies as far as progression or is it pretty much just an "Oh shit" button? Like do they level up anything?

I would still play it, wouldn't my 360 not have gotten a Red Ring and I was too poor these days to buy a new one.

I listened to the song from the latest Automata trailer again and it still kind of gives me chills. Honestly, the soundtrack is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most.

I played it off an external HDD the first time using the bd-mirror and internal options in multiMAN.

I have Heavy Rain inside the PS3.

I'm not sure if the copy is untouched or not, since I got it online.

And I'm running the latest REBUG with Cobra enabled.

That's strange. It should work for you. Nier has a 4GB+ file though, so you should put it on internal - it'll make load times a lot faster too.
Cobra eliminates the need for the dummy disc as far as I know, so try running from internal without Heavy Rain inside.

If it still fails you probably got a bad copy?

No pc version

Might as well not exist.

How do they expect to sell when sony fags only buy cod and FIFA shit

Good, because there isn't one

I remember hearing about people taking the Gestalt translation and putting it into Replicant so that's at least something, right?

I do wonder what Papa Nier sounds like in Japanese though.

Been trying to find time to continue, but it's fun as fuck.

Replicant translation never ever.

Sadly this has made fans too lazy to actually translate Replicant because the only reason to do so now would be to fix character names and small conversational differences. He might've been Japanese in the Replicant DLC since I can't imagine why they would make the entire game Japanese save for one part, was the Gestalt DLC voice English by any chance?

Technically there is, but you'd have Brother Nier's voice.
Still, Papa Nier works much better.