Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

What's up with this Arisen, guy? Ha someone actually seen the dragon?

Thinking about getting this game, does it have good customization?

It was very fun.

Still stuck going through the bitter black isle though.

He sucks

'TIS WEAK TO FIRE

This game was a 6.5/10 at best. Battles are impossibly repetitive and the story is utter shit, it only gets truly good when you hit the first NG+. Also playing as a cute grill is the only good choice.

Saaaaaalutations

It seems all roads lead to Gran Soren.

Play solo. Your pawns are too retarded to dodge death's scythe.

Now I remember why I stopped playing this back in the day. Unless you've got a friend that's constantly running with your pawn, you're going to have to do two runs just to get enough for one purification.

or ya know, put your slut on the pawnsheet we had and get dank RC.

It's bretty good OP. Worth the buy tbh

I never understood the point of getting super OP weapons and optimizing your characters in a single player game where you can beat pretty much anything by level 100, especially when optimizing your character usually involves beating everything.

The funny thing is that my first level 3 BB weapon was the blackwing bow, probably the single most overpowered weapon outside of a Disgaea game. It's the armor that's the pain in the ass, and Bitterblack enemies will literally eat you alive in a second without some damn nice armor.

IT's got one of the best character creators of all time imo. Every change you make from weight, to height, to male or female will affect your stats. A big muscleman can do melee well, but suck at magic, while a skeleton NEET gets bitching wizard powers.

Also lolis.

How's this run on a craptop? System requirement labs says I meet the minimum specs at least, and MGSV runs smoothly for me if I set everything to medium or below.

Big muscle men actually use less stamina per spells so they are good mages if you have an abundance of stamina recovery items (which is pretty easy to stockpile). They are better at casting higher tier spells back to back early on since they dont exhaust as fast.

not like the rc mechanic was any good anyway

It is a good game, but severely flawed. The world is very tiresome to traverse, so you just end up using portcrystals as much as you can. Enemy variety isn't too high, but those that are present shine very well.

BBI isn't fun as well. I go in at like level 70, with dragon upgraded gear and still get my ass handed to me not too far in there.

If MGSV runs smoothly on your laptop then DD:DA will run just fine. It's a surprisingly good port.

RC was just a way to inject a real-money currency in a single-player game. The way I bypassed it on the console was to make two other accounts and just use my own pawns all the time. Try making two more steam accounts and family share with them for the same trick on PC.

How's the day find you?

Bump

DAGE UP ARMS, NEWLY ARISEN. FOR MY KIND DO NOD HEED DE TOODLESS :-DDDD

japanese skyrim

Someone didn't beat the game… or get over the first hump of the story.

kek
point at this faggot and laugh.

those are some shit lolis

i deleted that because of a typo

this game is literally Skyrim but more unfinished

fucking weeaboos, you are a disgrace

You've already made people think you're a dumbass, but feel free to hang around and prove them right.

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Good or useless news: DDO is starting the Season 2.0 with different fix to most of their bullshit mechanics,lie crafting and stamina.

And,Capcom registered the domain to economic use in the US,which it means they intend to monetize it in the next six months.Could mean that the game is arriving in the West.

The PC version sold amazingly well and got a ton of exposure.

If anything, this may prove the rumors true and they actually were testing the waters with a low investment PC port.

just got the game.

I have this strange feeling that I am either going to get bored in a few hours….or I am going to play the fuck out of it.

Seems so.I would still prefer a true sequel and maybe DDO coming here could be a sign that they intend to develop the IP and not letting it die.Maybe with a bigger budget this time and leaving Itsuno to do his shit.

A man can dream.

some people find the start of the game slowish but it picks the FUCK UP the further you get.

MASTERWORKS ALL YA CAN'T GO WRONG

Stick with it and do not get bogged down doing the piddly "Kill 10 Rats" missions.

Daily reminder to romance your pawn
I promise you nothing will go wrong

Once they get cracked once they learn to stay the fuck away.

The trick is to do enough damage so that death falls on his stupid fucking face and wail on him until he fucks off.

post sliders values lad

That looks more like a midget with those proportions.

is that fluid druid?

god damn I know that first loli, I saw her and hired her specifically to look at her ass.

very nice loli, I gave her a 5/5

Gorecyclops are the most obnoxious enemies in the game. if you dont smash them down instantly its several aggravating minutes of using torpor on him and climbing up its jank hitbox.

For fuck sake..

Beloved ones persist through playtroughs iirc. Just give the princess the vicious vial (or something familiar) that lowers her affection.

You get the last person with higher affinity that you spoke too.
You probably have princess with max affinity and didn't max out madeleines affinity.
You should have ignored the princess when you first entered the castle or raised medeleines affinity to max.

Doesn't unsheathing your weapons repeatedly also reduce affinity? And the obvious killing of said NPC.

they are the easiest for me since I can jsut permanently stun them with lightning and fire.

not everyone is a filthy magic user.

I wanted to like this game.

I like the expansive and explorable world and how you could grapple anything and all the items you can get in your inventory.

But I cannot stand the pawns one bit. I hate playing with an AI partner, especially one who won't shut the fuck up.

It especially pisses me off that I need to have a healer in my party if I don't want to burn through my (admittingly easily available) health items.

Is this game just not for me? Or it even possible to play solo without suffering the whole way?

I can't tell how viable it is but you can do it.

Then get rid of them

There's always that one fag that comes into DDDA threads and complains "I don't like the pawns I don't like how they are invulnerable and impossible to get rid of and talk 24/7"

Without exception.

There's a skill specifically for boosting your power when you're not using any pawns.

you can turn off their chatter in the options menu nigger.

I really don't get why you would play this game and not use the pawns. They're one of the biggest things that set this game apart.
It's like a medieval action RPG with some Tamagachi thrown in.

Is there a decent guide for this game?
I'm playing my first run completely blind but every 5 minutes I fuck up something irreversibly.

also this might sound retarded, but is there a way to get the online with a pirate copy or am I doomed to have 0 rc for ever?

Not even possible in DD.

Just read up about the gold idol on the wiki.

shit just like this game
all of you should go climb a wall of dicks

Nice digits.
Also, couldn't agree more with this assessment. Holla Forumstards have convinced me to try so many different approaches to enjoy this game and it just sucks every time. It's MUH GRAPHICS cancer.

Well I wanted to romance that french nigress but I finished her questline before I could raise her affection, then I fucked up my second choice too (Madleine) for the same reason.
I ignored Reinhardt getting attacked by goblins at the the start and so I couldn't rig the trial (see below).

too late, already fucked up by getting fatso a guilty verdict without doing the daughter quest first

New Game+

Blacksmith is best waifu anyway

Do what I did: Make a second Steam account, share the game with yourself through Family Share, start a new game and hire your own pawns.

The game would be miles better if we could create our whole party, then again, playing with just one pawan is already pretty balanced in my opinion. This wouldn't make getting social points any easier, but that in itself is another big ass flaw, that system is stank as hell.

Why are warriors so shit in this game? What the hell were they thinking with the balance of the class? You only get to use 3 abilities despite the fact that they aren't any better than any of the other classes' abilities. What in the world is the thought process behind that? And maybe It's just because I'm new to the game, but the 2-handed weapons feel weak for how slow they are. Plus, I have the distinct feeling the mage/fighter class probably wasn't balanced so strictly (as in made to be OP on purpose).

Still a fun game, though. I'm really enjoying the exploration aspect, the combat is fun and challenging, so nice to fight with a party (even if they are a little retarded), art style is great, and the sounds are top-notch. Looking forward to playing as a more viable class during my second playthrough.

Welcome to Dragon's Dogma.
Almost everything in it is flawed yet it somehow manages to be a pretty good/fun game.

The sky is painted free, why can't we understand/We kill ourselves in the end/It's simple as one, two, three, it's written in the sand

Could be cool. Was pretty decent at first.

that's a pretty shit pawn

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEE
INTO THE CLOUDS AGAIN, I FEEL THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS