Remakes that are improved versions of the original

Which are the remasters that truly deserve that title?

Any Fallout game made by Bethesda.

Mostly because of Roll. Not in a weird way ok.

Beautiful game.

Just emulate it brev, I'm talking about quality and quantity

It does if you play it on the 3ds.

Dragon Quest 5 for PS2
Tales of Phantasia for PS1
Final Fantasy 4 DS

All three had major reworkings of their engines with lots of new content added. The gameplay was often made more complex and challenging without becoming obnoxious.

I guess all the 3ds remakes count.

I hear that Snake Eater 3DS allows you to use photos to create camo
Is that game good? IIRC I saw someone who found out that using Kojima's smug face made them invisible.

Not very good, the lowres is horrible and the controls are obnoxious. Get the Vita one instead.

Fuck the remakes, get subsistence if you can.

Pokemon fire red and green leaf, heard silver and gold remakes were good as well.

Internally it only has digital input (unless you use the touch screen), so its 8 directions on a joystick.
The game also removed some of the stars, changed around shit to fit in the gimmick, and shit like that. Dont fix what aint broke, nintendo

Are you stupid? It's still only digital input.

It has Wario though, WARIO

Same thing who cares lolmao

painfully slow and only used to break walls/use metal though, nothing glorious like a shoulder bash

I need to get this game sometime.

Tales also has the PS2 remake of Destiny (which also has a Director's Cut release), which I've heard pretty good things about. Shame it never saw a western release, but Absolute Zero's been working on fan translating it. Same with the NDX bundle, which includes an apparently great remake of the GBC dungeon crawler spinoff, Narikiri Dungeon.

Depending on the image you use it might just look like a blur, and some photo camos give you 100% while crawling. The best reason to play it is for the Peace Walker controls.

Super Mario 64 3D

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

The graphics are better actually but due to the lowres of the DS screen you cant notice it. Emulatora fix this problem.

Emulators*

Pic not related.

The controls were shit.

I got Big Boss on 3ds (without circlepadpro). The framerate is awful and I would not recommend.

These.

Any Dragon Quest remake.

Tales of Phantasia PSX and Tales of Phantasia X I imagine, but I haven't played ToPX yet.

Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut.

That's some shit taste you've got there

Nigga what reward for all stars?

To my knowledge ToPX sees some combat improvements that make it easier to go back to (in that it handles similarly to Eternia, with spells and summons no longer interrupting the flow of combat the way they used to prior to Eternia), but is mostly still an upgraded version of the prior PSP port, Tales of Phantasia: Full Voice Edition (and as such includes the additional voice work), with a few new things here and there.

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X is the outright remake in the bundle.

Luigi's last rabbit, which gets you a slightly different version of a minigame you've already unlocked.

ToPX changed the battle system to work more like the later games (like the three hit, arte combo thing), everyone has one or two Mystic Artes, there's a new party member who was written into the game, no battle freezing when using spells (which sounds great. The older Tales are kinda annoying with the battle freezing) full VA like the Full Voice Edition, character models aren't chibi anymore, and some other stuff I think. Oh, grade shop too. It's not a complete from the ground up remake, but it's got several changes.

Honestly better than it. The plot's a bit weaker, but overall the gameplay balance fixes, retranslation and all that nonsense make it way better than the obvious first attempt that EO1 was

Ah yes the immunize+defender spam game was great! Not to mention half the abilities being mistranslated. Floors being unmappable because the hard coded limits on the mapping system.
Aside from the plot name one thing EO1 did better than untold.

Just the OST alone qualifies it as one of the best remakes of all time.

That is still the case in the remake
What the fuck are you talking about?

How is that inherent to the game? Is it the developers fault that you don't know japanese?

The extra content in Untold is really bad and you can only access it in the story mode anyway.

Nigger, emulate the original fuck the DS version with no analog movement. You can run the original at high res, use that godlike texture pack that guy made and force it to run at 60 fps. By far the best version of the game.

Oh god that is pathetic levels of defense. Try a bit harder next time. I can't even create a argument as flimsy as the one you just presented.
would be the closest I could get to even encapsulating that magic brand of stupid.

The Story dungeons were a little weaker and the fact that they were locked to story mode was shit, but it is extra content while none is being taken out for it. So I'll give you that.
Still EO1 is a massively weaker game with horrible balance compared to the remake.

There's how many versions of D&D? And spinoffs? Games should be striving for mastery. It's not like a movie where it's a singular statement or some shit.

D&D has been shit since 4th edition.

NONE PAST 2ND YOU FUCKING HERETIC

-8 direction movement on a game built around analog controls, not even that the analog controller itself was made for the game
-forced to hold the run button for most of the game because of this so emulation and 3DS adding analog does not aid this and even then it's still 8 direction.
-Strapped on fucking multi character shit to make it "different" that just adds tedium to doing things in the game because now I have to be the fat jew to do this or I need to be Lario to do this now and they lock these other character you need behind other crap too added restrictions isn't an improvement I'd have understood if it only effected new content but it's not.
-Worse overall audio quality
-they even made playing with Mario's face worse when they were presented with the best way to do it now with the touch screen

For my choice it's the megaman PS2,GC and maybe XB IDK collection, it's the exact same games but with less lag now and swapping weapons with bumpers to save menu scrolling.

Not sure if it counts for being fan made but sonic 3 complete which is a remaster of sonic 3 and knuckles and is made to be what it was originally intended to be which was a single game also comes to mind, it offers a good list of improvements which off the top of my head from what I remember from playing it years ago include.
-offering a choice of music from sonic 3 or and knuckles which lock wouldn't let you do
-both games bonus games were added
-fixed crackled audio
-option for the Saturn versions easy mode (all bosses die in 3 hits)
-Toggle super sonic and you don't lose it once you go to Secret palace
-offers hints on how to score continues in the bonus games which the original manual didn't

It's the original + lost levels + saving + challenge mode + VS mode + achievements + saved highscores + some other random crap

This is so much cooler than what they did on the GBA where they just chopped up All Stars into four different modules.

Fuck Zero Mission, this is the real remake of the original Metroid. Yes, I know it's a different story, but who cares? It's the same planet, the same bosses, but with more areas and new bosses on top of that.

DX sucks because of the lower screen res and you cant see whats in front of you until its too late.

3rd was a broken, disgusting mess right from the start and it only got worse with every subsequent book.

Kill yourself, you're the cancer killing gaming.

Even if they changed some things (for better or worse), they're pretty much improved versions of the originals, Majora's Mask in particular feels like a new game even though it's just a remake.

Going from sub par to best game in the series.

I don't think devs do the translating, fam.

Majora on 3ds is one of the greatest games of all time. Can't play N64 games because the fucking framerate is 15-20 fps, might as well go fuck yourself with that kind of framerate. Maybe 3d games were novel at the time and gamers could look past the flaws but my god that framerate. 3ds version is amazing.

OK, that's true, but there really isn't much you can do about that on the shitty GBC screen. At least they tried instead of slapping a NES ROM on the cartridge.

while fallout 3 and 4 are remarkably superior to their predecessors, i wouldnt consider them remakes. to call them remakes is to hold modern fallout to a lower standard

A remake More people are excited for than the actual new installment

Claret Hollows is delightfully sadistic in the remake. Those Depth Dancers and Bane Lizards were savage.

I've been playing through Untold 2 (pirated with the DLC), enjoying it a lot. I'll give you that floor jump is an absolutely puzzling addition that should have at least been disabled on hard mode, but it's very easy to just not use it. Same for the retarded grinding DLC. Again, I don't like these additions.

I can hardly consider this a valid point though. Adding a completely optional easy mode does not directly hurt the game.

Untold 1 is ok
Untold 2 is absolute garbage. They fucked up the classic mode and the story mode is probably some of the worst JRPGs on the 3DS.

You are both fucked in the head.

It's like saying ">All these casuals who couldn't get gud playing TF2 with a trackpad instead of a mouse"

It's not that it's impossible, it just objectively does not give you nowhere near as precise control.

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't they extend the distance the camera sits ahead of Mario to compensate for this?

I think so, yes

I've seen both this sentiment and the opposite (that untold 2 largely improves classic mode, stuff like class balance and floor layouts cited) expressed, I can't say, I've not played the original. If nothing else, I like the addition of highlander and sovereign

It's only vertical enemies that can be a bitch, but even then you almost never need to scroll up.

the only thing I liked about oot3d was the added master quest feature that should have been in the original n64 game to begin with.

Best version of RE by far, the new mode is fun as heck aside from the yawn knife fight, and skipping door animations is a god send

Also you can touch jills butt

test

It's not even hard, and I was only 14 when I played through it. Good control over the D-Pad and using the quick camera reset (one of the L/R buttons) make everything go smoothly.

I'm deeply annoyed Nintendo doesn't put effort like this into remakes anymore. Imagine if Wind Waker HD had the two scrapped dungeons added to it?

Majora's Mask 3D was pretty good, I liked some stuff being shuffled around like the Stone Mask soldier being relocated to the pirate hideout instead of just fucking sitting there in the middle of Ikana. I didn't really notice any massive tone differences cited through the lighting changes, the game still "feels" like it did on the N64; only change I didn't really care for was the Zora Mask's swimming being changed to magic-dependency for fast dolphin-swimming since the game's still very obviously designed around dolphin-swimming being the default, even if the breaststroke for more precise swimming is good.

Oh, also that you can't spin off of a lilypad to Sanic your way across water as a deku. They mucked with that momentum or something since the speed boost from doing so is nowhere near what it used to be, now it's only barely faster than doing a normal water-jump.

You have to be literally retarded to think that
The enemies not only have boosted defense but thrice the HP even in the classic mode despite you not having the fafnir knight in the party.

May I remind you of what your reward for collecting all the stars is?

My point was that it's not really a reward

Because talking to Yoshi once before he fucks off, getting a tonne of lives which are worthless since the game doesn't save your live count and a wonky spinning triple jump were great rewards, weren't they Nostalgiafag?

Better than a shit minigame that you already got during the course of the game anyway

one has wario the other does not

The game is a low effort for many other reasons. The fact that their reward for completing all the extra is shit is merely shit icing on a shit cake.

It's a shit Wario. They would have been much better off just making a completely original game.

YOU HAVE NO STYLE YOU HAVE NO GRACE YOU ARE A GROID AND HAVE SHITE TASTE

Also check those dubs nigger

youre a shit wario and soze your mom

Look nostalgiatard, I know you probably screamed like a schoolgirl when you first got to meet Yoshi in 64, but you haven't actually explained why 64 DS is supposedly bad.

I played that one time, pirated it

at first I thought it was some shitty VN and that all the budget went into making the animated intro. Then when the game actually started you had to draw a map of the first level or whatever and I did it and nothing happened, then I got bored and quit

I haven't found the enemy HP to be at all annoying but whatever.

Honestly looking back at it I believe it's kinda clever they actually managed to smulate the N64 controls with the touchscreen, since you needed to lay your thumb with that platics strap on it on the lower screen, while using the buttons for every other action
It let you have analog controls and it was similar to how you had to hold the 64 controller way back then

It's not a bad port, framerate is pretty low but since it's a stealth game it didn't really bother me that much (if it was something like a fighter or more action oriented it would've been utter shit), but either a circle pad pro or a new 3ds is necessary since the camera controls are really awful by themselves

Also forgot to add my pick

Probably the best Kirby game when it comes to content and replayability

skyrim Special Edition is the best ever remake..

t. Hodd Toward

If you don't display the bottom screen (it's just a map) and set the right analog to rotate the camera, it works great.

The only thing I disliked about that was that you had to have a second player hunch over your DS because they couldn't give the second player their own screen on their own DS.

FOREVER EVER

No. That's not to say it's bad, but it's certainly not improved.

What's it like being objectively wrong?

Wow. If for whatever reason you want to give the series a revisit I recommend playing EO4. Its a much better starting point than the Untold series by far. Also EO3 is also the undisputed best and worth your time for sure. Just have more than ten seconds of patience.

Get good or don't play expert mode. The game was a joke on normal as long as you aren't pants-on-head retarded and only one or two bosses were overtuned on expert-classic.

This. What's the point other than COD4 is the last okay one and we want to remake one?

second*

i didnt use it for the majority of the game, but at some point i gave it a shot and it wasnt really that bad

Wrong.
Another attention seeking thread. Fuck off.

Bro can you even DC? Thac0 was retarded, and I would say that was probably the single biggest change from AD&D 2E to 3.5E.

Also, as far as vidya is concerned, 3.5E has produced the best "dice-based game" video game mechanics for online gaming as seen in DDO.

We already have explained why it's shit you dumb nigger.>>9830025

Another casual who doesn't know how tro slide their thumb over a d-pad. Get gud.

You're not forced to use the run button. And wow, the 3DS doesn't change the controls? Who would have thought a game made a system wouldn't have code designed for the next system in it?

You can find transformation caps in the levels. Very rarely do you need to backtrack to the change room.

Most Atlus remakes, sans P4 Golden. No, not just because of Marie.

You can't argue with nostalgiafags user. It ain't worth it.