Am I missing much if I jump into the witcher 2 without playing the first game? If so...

Am I missing much if I jump into the witcher 2 without playing the first game? If so, is there a decent way to get caught up without playing the original game?

You really won't. If you don't import a save Geralt will have lost his memory so it's not like he'll know things you don't in regards to the first game

Not much. see if you want

You'll be missing a lot of content without the books anyway

Not really
but fyi, the Witcher 2 is by far the worst game in the series

I had seen that, but I wasn't sure if a six minute video did the game justice.

That's actually pretty cool

fair enough

I got it for free so no big deal

The first game is the best in the series.

The game is fantastic. Read da books and then play all the games in order. Endure the swamp, game becomes much better after that. Posting board monster contracts are shit and completely optional. You can grind money via dice poker.

Wait, there are books? Do I really have/want to read them?I was planning on jumping into the series but not if I need all this shit to get into it.

Its [CURRENT YEAR] and OP is still a faggot

You don't have to read the books to play the first game. But the second and third game introduce many 'book' characters. Seriously read the book, they're an awesome read and have been translated as far as i know. Knowing the book Geralt allows you to be a neutral piece of shit better.

You are missing disappointment, so go ahead

Found the pleb.

the only reason to pirate this IP is for the story, everything else is shit.
play the first one and if you hate the characters and setting, uninstall and move on.

What he said, plus they're just good
They're they 2deep4u type, dealing with a lot of the world's politics, some culture, and philosophy. So you either hate them or love them

I've been trying to get into reading not really though, a few months back I burned through The Revenant in three days and haven't touched a book since maybe I will anons.

the best translations are the fan translation.

if you like dark fantasy everything is going to shit and raped go ahead and pick up the books. you will want to kill everyone of the nobles, magic users and elvesbut you cant do that in the game

Yeah
They're pretty typical fantasy, nothing impressive

The first game is well worth playing, its just kinda slow for a chapter or two.

Go the play the first one you faggot. It's an excellent game. Amazing setting with tons of great characters and quests. People just don't understand CRPGs anymore so they get buttmad when they can't roll out of the way of every attack.

Yes you are, go play it faggot

I mentioned above that I got the second game for free. What I didn't mention is that I have it for the 360, and my PC is beyond toaster-tier, otherwise I would play the first game in a heartbeat. I'm the kind of person that never starts a game without having played the previous installments (assuming they are part of an ongoing story), which is why I started the thread for this.

Start with two collections of short stories. They are the most fun to read.

The original runs on a toaster nigger.
Unless you have a goddamn notebook like I did, which made me play better than anything on the xbawks, you're set to go.

What are the specs?

OY GEVALT, GET THAT ANTI SEMETIC DOLL OUT OF HIS FACE

I remember it would lag so bad when I played vanilla WoW that my friends would question how I could even stand playing like that. I wasn't joking when I said "beyond toaster-tier".

My computer was about as bad as yours, during raids it would drop down to a constant silky smooth 3 fps. I pretty much raided all the way to the end of TBC with 3 fps. It still ran the witcher 1 better

Maybe I'll go out there and dust it off before I play this then, it's worth a shot anyway.

Yeah, it is bad 2007 tech, it runs on some custom bioware engine, give it a try

So they're like "This story is deep man, really deep like i don't even know what's going on, deep deep deep give me that like on jewbook 'cause i'm deep" or actually deep?
I only tried the first game for like twenty minutes, the time it took to finish the intro, but i unistalled it right after that 'cause i hated how the characters were predictable (and the gameplay felt clunky but probably that was just me being bad at the game). Since then i always thought that maybe it was a decision i made too quickly so if the books are really good maybe they could give me a reason to try the games again.

The books are way better than these shitty games. Don't even bother with the games, just read the books.

What? Oh, and you got a goddamn potato too. Wow, you really are fucked!

The first one is a game you hate in the beginning and then add to your all time favorites after you rage uninstalled it once or twice.

At least it was that way for me.

I can agree with this.

I rage uninstalled it twice because I kept getting my ass kicked by monsters thanks to the questionably clunky combat.
The third try I powered through the swamp and suddenly I loved the game.
Did the same with my first two attempts at the 2nd game as well though, so be prepared.

Personally, my problem with the first game is not that it's hard, it's actually fucking easy if you know what you're doing. It's just fucking boring and drawn out. Too much going back and forth to the swamp, and all you ever seem to fight are Drowners. Not that it matters anyway because the combat is most dreadful.