yadi-sk.pen.io/2/RTAd_KZPsDe5G
yadi-sk.pen.io/3/tzAvTpMwJGxGW
kissmanga.com/Manga/Zelda-no-Densetsu-Skyward-Sword/Ch-000---Oneshot-?id=154323
iqdb.org/?url=https://media2.8ch.net/v/src/1467119306703.jpg
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
emucr.com/2015/06/visualboyadvance-m-svn-r1507.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It will be decent

It'll be terrible, and it's just trying to ride the "open world" bandwagon after Skyrim.

Will this be a day 1 buy or not?

Day 1 pirate, for sure.

You're the expert todd.

In the absence of any new footage, all we can discuss (other than hopes and expectations) is when and where the game takes place. So break out the continuity autism and place your bets!
Most common theories:
Points: - Koroks, who previously had only been seen in WW, appear in this game. Their aim was to recede the Great Sea by planting trees.
- Rock Salt from an "ancient ocean" can be found in the wild as an item.
- The old man in the beginning vaguely looks like King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule.

Or:
Points: - OoT Link is said to have been "defeated" in the Downfall timeline, BotW Link wakes up in the "Shrine of Resurrection".
- Villain of the game is "Calamity Ganon". In both the Adult and Child timelines, he was always better known as Ganondorf, and Ganon was at best a temporary super mode. Only in the Downfall timeline did Ganondorf succumb into permanently becoming "Ganon".

Or maybe you have another theory? Let's hear it.

So you hate skyrim, but when nintendo does the same - you're hyped?

How badly can treehouse fuck this game up?

Anyone got a chart of links bloodline? And how cucked his entire family tree linkage is?

By changing all the pronouns to "xir/xiself" because gender neutrality.

It probably takes place after Spirit Tracks, since it has the koroks, but honestly, who knows.

YANDEX DISK MORE VIDEO———
yadi-sk.pen.io/1/6wsZia_anpzwE
yadi-sk.pen.io/2/RTAd_KZPsDe5G
yadi-sk.pen.io/3/tzAvTpMwJGxGW

Tell me about any meaningful differences apart from the fact that you don't need mods to play as tranny.

Yes. Enjoy boring big empty modernized open world game #55!
I'm betting there will be a level or a perk system that will be announced soon too

I hope it's in the link dies timeline if only for the reason that it can be called zelda 3.

Not shit combat.

It looks more like Dragons Dogma than skyrim.

It's not OoT Link, it's ALTTP Link

Fucking why. Why would anyone want stealth in an adventure game? Why would you put in a stamina meter when you have a fuck huge open world?

Everything

-Calamity Ganon was awakened underneath Hyrule Castle
-At the end of Four Swords Adventure Ganon is sealed inside of the Four Swords Sanctuary which is located under Hyrule Castle
-BotW Link is wearing TP Link's armguard
-Master Sword is rusted and in the Sacred Grove meaning it may not have been used in the centuries between FSA and TP.

You can have interactions in a open world without needing a stamina meter in a Zelda game.

I'm on to you, Todd

I'm still hoping for a merged timeline but I think the downfall timeline seems most likely.

The old man also looks like ganondorf and the picture guy in WW. I think saying he looks like Daphnes is a bit of a stretch.
Rock salt could also refer to the sand sea and that could meany any timeline.

It is actually oblivion

The same reason devs put durability, different weapons, etc in games. It gives the game depth.

Games are artificial
If you want total freedom with no structure, go play pretend with some little kids or something

It looks like an empty overworld like Dragon's Dogma, but with less work put into the combat. I just hope they're keeping the best cards under their sleeves, they can't depend on the fire mechanic as the sole thing that sets it apart from other games.

Dragon's Dogma and Phantom Pain are both open worlds with more TECHNOLOGY than BotW.

Unless they release more info to show that this isn't just a game to cash in on the open-world band wagon, this may be the first ever main-series Zelda that I won't buy on launch day.

Just like how no one's completed Dark Souls without weapons, right? Oh wait…

I'm hoping that Nintendo reuses the BotW engine to lower the development cycles for some potential larger scale Nintendo games. I can see a modified version of it working for a Metroid game and an experimental mainline Zelda game like Majora's Mask.

You're goddamn right he does

But can I build a big, dead, useless base full of NPCs with 2 lines of dialogue between them?

I'm still triggered by the fact that Link is right handed in BotW

it has spears :^)

Honestly I do really want the old man to be a redeemed Ganondorf, someone whose evil decided to separate from his body and decided to manifest as its own thing
I'm also keen on the idea that the timeline begins to merge again and it's the outcome of either two or all of them

I wouldn't mind it taking place after Spirit Tracks as a return of Ganondorf, with how many treasurehunters and divers Wind Waker already had I was half-expecting Ganondorf to show up as a friendly gardener after being excavated and changing his ways or something, especially now that treasurehunters/divers don't have asstons of monsters and a magic bubble around Hyrule to worry about anymore.

Also a big fuck you to Daphnes for coming back from the dead sheerly to squander a Triforce wish so Ganondorf couldn't have it.

For you

Pic related

Daphnes was actually the true villain, right?

Ganon just wanted to unflood the world in WW

This is a valid complaint and yet you guys dismiss it right away, this is why people call you nintendrones. These things should be massive red flags but you guys just lap it up like a good goy

Because being able to scale Mt. Everest with just your bare hands is fucking retarded

I see where the complaints come from though. No reason to have the climbing stamina be tied to literally everything you do like running. Its just quality of life shit devs should not deny.

Ok, I do agree with stamina for running. Stealth can be fun though.

Ganon wanted to unflood it so he could rule it. Don't believe his 'Muh wind hurt my face' he was still the same guy that ruined Hyrule in OoT. He had nobody else's interests in mind but his own.

Depends on how you look at it since Ganondorf definitely had a better reason for unflooding the world than Daphnes did for irreparably flooding it ("return the world to its former glory" vs. "the past is the past") but I recall it being left up in the air as to whether Ganondorf would take over Hyrule once it was unflooded, especially since a return to Hyrule for the residents on the now-mountaintops would be all but necessary to keep from ostracizing themselves since trade relied on the sea, not to mention they'd be curious about the fact they've just been living on flooded mountaintops their entire lives and there's continents worth of land down there rather than cramped islands

Though it was all pointless anyways since Link and Tetra immediately founded a new Hyrule on land unearthed by the water displaced from Hyrule flooding

10/10

Fuck off gook

I doubt it. It probably just means "Go all the way to the other side of the mountain so you won't waste stamina"

That and it'll probably take forever to climb mountains if climbing vines is already something in the series.

Epic downvote my fellow redditor :)

same here, bro
muh left handed Link, muh rupees and hearts in the grass, muh no fucking voice acting… I just don't know how to feel about this game

yeah, nah

this is a good point
maybe we'll have a way to improve Link's stamina or have something to make it last longer, like in SS

I think it was confirmed you can upgrade it over time, and there are items/food that temporarily add stamina like they can with hearts

Well, they gonna have to try hard if they want Zelda to be better then the current best Zelda grill.

Whoever you think that is it probably isn't a Zelda, right?

Especially with that voice.

Do we even know that the voice was Zelda?
I assumed it is whoever the new companion or something is.

Honestly I disliked it in skyward sword but I don't think we should dismiss the concept right away.
You need to have limits so you feel fulfilled when you overcome it.

I'm sick of this meme

There's no companion IIRC, only the iPad. Given how Zelda was the only character in SS to have a voice, I'd assume the same here

It was "confirmed" in a interview via a offhand "Zelda's voice woke Link" mention from a Aonuma.

I remember being disappointing since that means it ain't Impa (as another LoZ reference.)

I didn't bother saving that source though.

best Zelda grill is Cia
no question

I know that pic
it's from tumblr

why was Zelda the only one with voice in SS, because she sang? wouldn't that apply to Kina too, even though it was just humming?

Why don't more games do this?

I would say whoever is the voice is the companion.

I can't find anything about that. It might just be an assumption someone made and repeated.

I know this is a trigger topic around here, but what would have happened if Nintendo did really add some sort of Link gender selection menu? More specifically, how could you implement it right?

last three lines are too mary-sueish,like some kind of bad fanfic from tumblr

but I kinda like the idea of bumping into the other character and both genders having specifically crafted tasks and puzzles for each of them, just not how you explained it

Kina just said shit like "LA LA LA" where as Zelda had actual vocals

Pretty sure there isn't one and it's just the tablet, otherwise they would have shown it

I didn't mean to spoiler that.

I think it would be the exact same thing except they would change the pronouns and shit.

I'm sorta thinking that it is a bit like WW where you speak though the stone and boat but you meet the person later in the game.

she still has a voice, though,lyrics or not
it's the same shit since Zelda is just singing gibberish but that's my opinion

How can one be so idiot?

Why is she speaking english, dont they speak Hylian like Minda does in TP?

So far the sound design is my favorite aspect of this game. Do you have any more webms?

As a Monster Hunter player the animations in this new Zelda game look janky and awful.

Problem is, you kind of have to explicitly state that Linkle is NOT the Hero of Time, or otherwise you will have the kind of autists that bought Hyrule Historia complaining about how impossible that is. By simply stating that she's not the Hero of Time, you are clearly intentionally contradicting the lore, thus complaints about how you were forgetting your own lore are invalid simply because you are implicitly stating it goes against lore.

Yeah, they look kind of weird. Hope they fix it in the final game.

An user made this especially for me
Thank you webm user, ill never forget your act of kindness

what was the whole "demise" boss in skyward sword? Is it just an incarnation of the triforce of power, or just some bad guy who will probably be resurrected again?

This is the item the Nintendo employee fucktards never showed us in the hours they showed off the damn game.

At least theres the video of polygon finding and using it.

I was thinking more how Nintendo would implement it.

you would have autists complain either way.

demon god who eventually incarnates himself to Ganondorf.

no
NO
NO

Demise will almost definitely be referenced in this game just like how Metal Gear had to reference Zero as the true evil in every game after Snake Eater.
fucking prequels

Midna speaks Hylian? I thought it was some kind of Twili dialect

my problem's not with the "she's the hero or not" part, my problem's with the "you did a better job than him even though youdon't have the spirit of the hero OR the triforce of courage with you" part
that sounds like a mary sue to me

and the Hero of Time title is just for OoT Link, say just "the hero"

isn't Ganondorf part of Demise's curse? "a my hatred will be forever reborn and chase you and the goddes" or something like that?

Im postan all of the obligatory webms i have

These are all bad things. Why are you a faggot?

Demise was a hamfisted way of establishing Ganondorf as an everpresent reincarnation in the same manner as Link and Zelda, chiefly that Demise's hatred of the Hero and Hylia will make itself known throughout time even after his death. Ganondorf is a reincarnation of a god-killer, Zelda is a reincarnation of a goddess (and establishes that the Hylian royal family rules by divine right), Link is a reincarnation of one brave guy.

Only when they're poorly implement Todd

How does link understand her then?

You think a person who speaks spanish can come out of nowhere and speak to a person who only knows english and have the person undestand everything he says even though its another language?

I just noticed that he ran out of arrows, but its also obvious that that player is probably mentally retarded.

I feel bad for normalfags who will try to get into this game but suck just as bad as that person.

I interpreted it as Demise's power/body is sealed in the master sword with his spirit living on as the curse on link and zelda. The whole curse thing is a little vague anyways and will come down to whatever Nintendo decided it is for the current game.

I couldnt find any footage of it but does anyone know what the axe/hammer/claymore class of weapons have for their charge attack? Ive seen the spin on the swords and a flurry thrust on spears.

I never really though about it that way, maybe you're right
I just assumed he could since he immediately knows how to use every item after he acquires them so I just thought it was the same with Midna

I still want to know what the fuck that thing is, goddammit

good point, he was sealed away in the sword so I never considered his spirit as an option but you're right about the vagueness of the curse

How much longer will it be before you niggas realize that Zelda lore is utter shit and slapped together with barely any thought?

If I am not mistaken, the legend of the Hero of Time is only mentioned after OoT since it was the OoT Link that set the precedent. I kind of recall seeing it in TP and also WW, but I may be mistaken since I played those a long time ago. Since Link is a reincarnation of himself over time, I guess it would safe to call any instance of Link the "legendary Hero of Time", if only because legends speak about him and people expect him to make a return.

Anyway, those lines might sound odd, but want it or not, it's the way it is if you want to keep Linkle from not being the chosen one. The alternatives would be making Linkle a secondary character despite being the player character (which sounds like a bad idea) or make her the new carrier of the Triforce of Courage, which would open some implications of Zelda/Hylia becoming a lesbian or transgender fanservice for tumblr, depending on whether it is Hylia or Link who "gets to choose" the hero's sex.

Link is a reincarnation of a hero of time, not Link. It just so happens all heroes of time wear green clothes, eat fairies, and are named Link.

TP mentions the hero, never the Hero of Time's title specifically and some NPCs in WW do think Link is the hero of time but they realize pretty soon he is not, so no, each Link has his own title like the hero chosen of the goddess the hero of light or the hero of wind

and that's exactly why we can't have a female Link or playable female protag in Zelda, you need a good writing for something this delicate and, looking at your posts, I'm afraid there's too few of those nowadays

You're welcome.

The Hero of Time is Link, and there is only one Hero of Time. All Links are a reincarnation of the same Hero of Time, despite timeline fuckery.

I would guess the fact that all of them look exactly the same does have something to do with being a reincarnation. The name and clothing not so much since it is kind of implied everyone and their mother name their kids "Link" in hopes they end up being the hero of the legend or something, and also because hero clothes are probably something akin to their country's traditional clothing.

That's the fun of it though. Taking the chaos and trying to figure out some sort of order.

Don't think of it as Link incarnates every time, but think of it as each link inherits the courage of past heroes in other words you the player
If Link is the same person each time how does the Hero's Shade who is canonically OoT Link teach TP Link?

sorry for being so autistic but it's not the "courage" they inherit (though, I suppose the triforce of courage counts as that), it's the hero's spirit they have, that's why no hero was born in the adult timeline, because OoT Link was sent to the past and there was no spirit to be reborn

More or less they inherit the Triforce of Courage through the first Hero being one courageous bastard and every succeeding Link being the same dude

Well, he's dead, user. Link may be "remembering" things from his past life.

Not to be a lore fag, but there are different "heroes". Not every hero is the Hero of Time. The hero of time was just that particular incarnation of the hero.

Thats fucking retarded, link is just reincarnated thats all, they all cant be the same exact dude.

Thats one of the stupidest theories i ever heard, but thanks for trying though.

Probably they could write it off as literally being a manifestation of a previous Link's regrets in the same way that Ganondorf is a manifestation of Demise's curse, ie a lingering spirit with Link's memories and emotions but not really him since he's right in front of himself as a new Link

they literally do, you just don't see the mark in the back of their hand because they're always wearing gloves, TP Link was the only one we could see having it but you can see it shine in most of the 3D games

Hero's Shade is the manifastation of OoT Link's "regrets" or that's what HH says, anyway

, thanks, this is EXACTLY what I've been trying to explain, it's not rocket science

I wonder how the royal family tree must look.
OoT Zelda must be something like Zelda the 76th

But eventually he is accepted as the hero of winds. I thought that meant he earned the spirit of the Hero?

I think his regrets is why he can't pass on not that he is a manifestation of OoT Link's regrets.

THERE IS NO HEROIC SPIRIT IN THE ADULT TIMELINE, LINK WAS SENT BACK

I've been playing Twilight Princess over the weekend and it's really good. I don't get the hate.

Then again I'm not much of a Zelda fan.

Doesn't mean Link couldn't be a new Hero of sorts, he's got the testicles to assemble and claim the Triforce of Courage and claim the Master Sword with no real divine intervention

Which is the point. Original Link's soul != Hero's spirit. All Links do not have the same soul but the same kind courage. They are different people who just so happen to have the necessary amount of courage in their hearts.

The complaints mostly come from that it is OoT 2 more than MM was. That and the intro was anoying
honestly it is one of my favorites

Frankly, there's just no way the franchise could properly introduce a female Link. We're dealing with a fanbase that rages over Link not being lefthanded as per tradition, let alone the shitstorm they'd unleash if Nintendo went and contradicted the lore to such an extent. And any female alternative character who isn't Link would be hit with muh Miss Male Character complaints, as was showcased with Linkle.
That being said, it's not impossible. Proponents of a female Link will often use the excuse that "sexists" will otherwise accept a Goron Link, or bunny Link, or wolf Link, or whathaveyou. They handily forget to mention that in none of those cases Link starts out that way. They're not his default state of being, they're transformations caused by either curses or obtained items. If BotW were to give an acceptable narrative reason for Link to turn into a woman with appropriate form-restricted powers, and eventually gave him the control to switch between either form, there'd be grumbling, but overall people'd be able to accept it.
Your best bet would probably be to introduce an equippable item akin to the Ring items from the Oracle games. They came in many different varieties and were completely optional to collect, having no bearing on the plot whatsoever. Some of them were useful and gave attack/defense boosts, some were joke rings that swapped your character model for a Moblin's or Like-Like's. And that's how you could do it. Introduce a non-canon ring/mask item that'd give Link a female character model and voice, have npc dialogues tweaked so that they refer to you as a woman and maybe do little things like getting discounts from select male merchants and placing restrictions on outfits/heavier weapon usage, but otherwise don't give any acknowledgement, even if you may have just swapped genders in front of story-relevant npc's who should remember you from earlier encounters. Should work even better with BotW supposedly being much lighter on story. SJW get to live out their headcanon power fantasy, fans are free to ignore it.

That's what I am trying to say, fag.

In a spiritual sense, they are. Of course they are not the same flesh and bones, but reincarnation is defined as someone's spirit being reborn as another physical person.

You only meet the Hero's Shade in that trippy place. It wouldn't be crazy to think Link is not actually being transported to that place physically, but actually on a spiritual level. The Hero's Shade may just be the "segment" of the hero's spirit that lived during the OoT era, not necessarily a different spirit.

I would attribute it to shit writing, but Zelda lore is fairly OoT-centric, and only after they released Hyrule Historia they considered making another lore-heavy game such as SS.

Look at the official timeline. Most games stem out of OoT, which is why most games up to this point reference OoT in some way or another. We can safely discard the Defeated timeline as "we had to shoehorn these games we wrote before we gave a fuck about lore somewhere", so don't expect to find any references other than small nods to other previous games. However, both TP and WW and its sequels are direct continuations to OoT, which is why both of the latest games only mention or refer to the Hero of Time.

Thing is, despite technically being after TP, Four Swords Adventures makes no mention to the Hero Chosen by the Gods (TP Link). We can't really tell whether the Adult Timeline should refer to the Hero of Winds after WW because all games on it are just WW continuations.

What can we deduce from this? The only hero with continuity is the Hero of Time because the Zelda lore is all over the place, despite what HH fanboys try to tell you. Nintendo has only started to take lore seriously as of recently, but before this, they just made their games in a linear fashion without putting much thought into continuity and making references to previous games in the timeline before they were released.

tl;dr the only true hero is the Hero of Time because OoT suckers memed their game as the lore game after all these years.

How the fuck can they put the original The Legend of Zelda in the timeline with a straight face is something I won't understand.

It's kind of easy and the game is way too swordcentric, and by that I mean that items found in dungeons are only useful to solve that dungeon's puzzles and for some overworld gimmicks. These things aside, the game is pretty comfy, fairly polished on a technical sense (look at those eyes, I would fuck them if I could) and very memorable even without nostalgiafag lenses.

I guess people hated it because it was not OoT, or maybe because people just tend to hate the last instalment of Zelda series.
Soon:

If I already thought the magical hormone therapy "gayme theory" from tumblr was bad, I don't want to know how much this could backfire.

I remember 10+ years ago, it was maximum hype. When it came out, it just failed to deliver on that hype. Overall in the series it is just regarded as average.

The new game looks like it feels more like darksiders than elder scrolls. Darksiders 2 though, which I did not care for as much as 1.

Fuck, it really was that long ago wasn't it?

Perhaps we were not yet jaded enough to disregard hype.

Miyamoto's still got it.

I want to fuck that bokoblin

oh yeah, that's correct, I was just pointing out that there was no Hero's spirit in that timeline but WW Link definitely earns his own hero title

I think I don't remember this as well as I thought I did, it's been a while since I discussed Zelda lore

me either, I loved the game but fucking hell, I hate Midnafags and City in the Sky

there really is no good reason or way to turn Link into a woman, especially when that wasted time and potential could go to a Zelda or Impa game that could do more interesting, new things and not fuck with what's established already

I think that had to do more with the fact that's the most popular Zelda title, even more than TP that sold much more than OoT

You're both wrong. It's just like said, Link is just a kid who's brave enough to step up to the challenge. In WW the world was flooded because the people of Hyrule "believed the Hero of Time would return to save them." In other words, instead of trying to solve the problem themselves, they waited for someone else to do it for them. It's one of the main themes of the game. Even in the other games following OoT, the hero is called to action not by some divine message, but by some kind of evil wreaking havoc on their home. In TP's case, Ilia gets captured by bokoblins and Link rushes to save her. It's not until after his encounter that it's decided he'll be the hero by the divine figure.

TP had really a really nice art style that I enjoyed, and my favorite dungeons and music. It had a really shitty overworld and the second half of the story was pretty awful, especially the way they shoehorned Ganon in there. I find that all the 3D Zeldas are pretty much equal in terms of quality, their strengths are just in different areas.

Yeah, because Holla Forums is hivemind

Holy shit, pic related.

It's the next MGSV

How many waifus should we expect out of BotW?

One big reason people were mad about MGSV was it's unfulfilled story and unlike MGS, no one plays Zelda for its story.

>no one sane plays Zelda for its story.
FTFY
Zelda autists know no bounds

To be honest i think the best solution is frankly to have the games main gimmick be that you switch between Link and Linkle alá Triforce Heroes Singleplayer or the Earth and Wind Temples in WW, only they both use different items and fight differently rather then be outright clones, like Link gets bombs, Linkle gets bombchus and the like.

Hell, if you wanna go even crazier you could even have them be the "Companion" for each other, so you actually get Link give Linkle advice if you ask for it with the designated help button, although this triggers the Zeldafag cause Link doesn't talk.

Storywise just have them be twins or something, giving a hint of uncertainty that it may be that the reincarnated soul just split into 2 this time. The TWEEST being that "Linkle" was actually the Zelda/Hylia reincarnation all along and "Linkle/YOURNAMEHERE" was a cover name given when whisked away from the castle or temple or whatever, combining the idea that we should have Playable Zelda over Female Link as well.

Fanfiction-tier though.

WWs Temples made me kinda want that style of gameplay be even more expanded on since those were pretty fucking fun puzzlewise and if Medli and Makar had been combat capable that would been even better.

The Four Swords Series and TFH tries but never really capitalize on the asymmetrical aspects, particularly combat, since between Wolf Link in TP and HW i think a bit of variation in fighting could go a long way.

No they didn't; they just traveled really far away. If it was displacement the sea-level around all the islands would have lowered a bit.

Not a bad idea at all. It would appease lore fags, but sjw would be seriously pissed. I can just envision click bait articles now. I'm looking at this from player perspective. I want Linkle to be in a future game because it would give us two playthroughs.

Why bother putting her in the game then? That's just pointless and a waste of money. More content is what desire.

cute

I don't get why people like that donut steel so much

her voice is annoying, her design is nothing special and her story is the most boring thing I've seen in a while

it's the porn and the fact that now they can fap to "Link" without feeling like faggots, isn't it?

To be fair they could just as easily change up her design to fit alongside Link if they chose to include her. not that I really care

So, it seems the game does have a bgm, and it changes based on where you are on the world map.

Last three sound cringy as fuck and something you'd expect from one of Kotaku's writers.

I hope they change the voice too, how anyone can stand it is beyond me

Why are SJW filth so obsessed with a theoretical female Link? Do they just want to remove men from things and ruin things that belong to others?

Yes.

We have been over this, SJWism is about destruction, not creation.

Removing the stairs instead of making a ramp and that jazz.

Pretty much, yes. Either they and they alone will have it, or no one will.

Nice. I wonder why he didn't try using the glider with it though?

Every time I see something like that I have to almost stand in awe at the lack of self-awareness and doublethink. Every time I see a leftist gleefully tweet about their latest successful assault on western civilization in terms that would make ISIS blush I think of God-Emperor of Dune.

Oh, and I think what I'm most excited for is the TECHNOLOGY. Everything in the environment looks extremely interactive, especially considering that we've only seen a handful of items.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what do you expect of a tranny? they essentially threaten health professionals they'll self-harm or kill themselves if they don't get the go-ahead for body modifying drugs and surgery.

It's gonna suck so hard Nintendo will remove their religious censorship so Team Jihad can make a game representing Muslims.

Such a lack of Muslim representation thanks to those anti-Semitic Kur Kobangs.

what?

The animations int he zelda games have been awful ever since the damned wii versions.

This one doesn't use motion controls so what gives? why are the animations still so garbage?

Literally none of these games were taken away.

I don't know about the compile hearts games but

Besides

Inb4 he goes muh slippery slope fallacy.

Will every pets be behind physical DLC or…?

I might be slow but

Can this game be good? Please?

I said series, not Xtreme3.
And yes, it's true because they aren't isolated cases.

Do we already have a way to cheat that ? Like using a software on a SD card to make the gamepad believe you got the Amiibo or some shit like that ?

this is great.

To me its the best game shown at E3, with quite a bit of content and plenty unique mechanics. It seems like this game actually got a lot of love put into it.

For me, as long as the world is not empty and there is stuff to do, and a lot of interactions with the world and challenges to face, it will be a good game for me.

Just wait until the game comes out just to be sure user.

Saved/Favorited, I swear almost every game at E3 looks like shit to me now. Death Stranding stands no chance either because of no fucking gameplay at all, yet BotW has neat little shit like this. Thanks Nintendo.

I'm of the mindset that it's actually the SS Link and that the goddess locked that Link in a box "just in case she needed a new one" due to the fact that he's the only officially right handed Link.

>tfw Link never gave her the D

Didn't they confirm you could unlock him in-game? It's like that for a lot of amiibo shit.

My money's on worst-ever Zeldo.

So far?

maybe one

No.

However, some people seem to think we will be able to tame Wolfos and that "Wolf Link" is more like a exclusive skin+getting one early without doing any work.

BotW kinda reminds me of the original Zelda. You get thrown in a big world and figure everything out yourself. They just made the world bigger and added more features. Seems good so far but I'm waiting for more info.

I'd be OK if they added Linkle as her own character. They could even give her different weapons or powers. Kinda like how some of the Castlevania games have NG+ modes with different characters.
Link should stay male though.

It heavily relies on physics based toys to make itself fun.
Depending on which toys weren't show, it might be very fucking good and speedrunnable like a mofo.
Or it can be shit if we saw everything the game have to offer already.

Fug, forgot the reasoning behind that.

The reasoning is that we know Horse toy will spawn a horse (Epona), but we also know/seen that Link can tame em.

Considering they have horses you can tame and they mentioned something about goats, and the trailer shows link killing a boar, I would think wolves would be something you could also tame as a temporary partner of sorts.

Yep, TBH im pretty sure the "Breath of the Wild" will refer to the animals of Hyrule and potentially the ability to tame them.

I mean, Calamity Ganon is a beast (Pig) as well after all.

Actually the team is almost completely new (they said that the "old guard", obviously, doesn't know shit about open world so they're letting younger developers do stuff), not to mention Monolith is helping too.

Yeah, from what I remember, the guy who did the Capcom Zelda games is directing BotW and they're getting minimal interference from Miyamoto. Honestly, Nintendo games will probably get noticeably better once Miyamoto retires because he's been fucking up a lot since Wii Music.

That's Minish Cap, right?

that, Four Swords and the Oracle games

That's actually pretty encouraging for me.

Capcom made pretty good Zelda games and Miyamoto was the cause for the 3DS PM being Sticker Star, which shows that his input is not always a good thing (Sure it sold good, but i honestly think that is a FFVIII situation where it sold good because it had good predecessors and people expected more of THAT rather then people thinking it itself was good, we will have to see how CS does to see if it is though.)

Oracles and Minish Cap, and IIRC the 4 Swords/Multiplayer Segment of LttP(GBA).

Not sure if they also were involved in FSA.

She just had to go after one of the few Links who's blatantly into Zelda, too.

Didn't he also do SS as well

Yeah, but I see that directorial position as more of someone working within the guidelines of what Aonuma and (more specifically), Miyamoto want in a Zelda game. I see SS as him more or less trying to do the best with what he was tasked with accomplishing.

SS main flaws seems to been resolved though.

Those Flaws being:

Waggle (Resulting in boring samey combat and wonky controls, but we know that the controlls are more standard now, with Waggle being kept mostly for gimmicky puzzle powers)
Fi (Resulting in handholding and CONSTANT interruption, and they said we won't have any companion like that this time)
Backtracking/Padding/I BETTER TEST IF YOUR THE HERO FOR THE THIRD TIME! (as they said you can go straight to Ganon if you wish.)

Making the larger concern whether or not the world will be empty and dull like the Sky or not.

NO FUCK YOUR FAN FICTION

Ganon says to Link that he is the hero of time reborn. It is the denouement of the game. Ganon is literally the only person who met the hero of time in the game. Fuck off with your bullshit and replay the game. I'll never understand where this shit comes from, the game has nothing to do with anything you said. The hero being doubted and needing to prove himself is like THE basic requirement for the hero's journey. How you retards twist that into some crazy subversion is beyond me.

Nigger I'm playing the game right now, more than once characters that were alive in old Hyrule comment on how Link has no connection to the Link from OoT. They also say that despite this he has the courage necessary to wield the Master Sword and Triforce of Courage. The only fan fiction is your garbage about how every Link is a reincarnation or some shit like that, which undermines the whole point of the character.
Holy fuck, Zelda autists know no limits

Fuck yeah

How did that get quoted wrong?

That is not meant to be taken literally. WW Link earnt the title of Hero of Winds independently of any bloodline connection.

more than once characters that were alive in old Hyrule comment on how Link has no connection to the Link from OoT.

That never met him retard. Did you play OoT?

It's canon because Ganon fucking says it like I said in my post. Is he lying for no fucking reason? Did the writers decide to make a horrible nonsensical storytelling decision that goes against everything else the game (according to you)? Not to mention the fact saying it isn't a reincarnation is borderline retarded, just happens to be someone that looks exactly the same every time to save the day.

see

They're all connected by the Spirit of the Hero, regardless of bloodline

The wording is the exact opposite you would use if the point of the story is that Wind Waker Link is not the reincarnation (a synonym for rebirth idiot).

to bad its on a dead console and dead on arrival console

Google "what is a metaphor" and then come back to this thread. Or just stay away. Either is fine.

Is this some Squidward Sword thing? I never played that one because I don't hate myself.

Why do I find this so funny.

Yep, SS basically goes "ZELDO (Who is actually a goddess) AND LUNK WILL REINCARNATE TOGETHER FOEVERIAL BECAUSE TRU WUV! ALSO EVERY MAIN ANTAGONIST IS A INCARNATION AKUMADORF (Original Character DO NOT STEEL) BEING A SORE LOSER!"

SS and Hyrule Historia was a mistake.

I think WW Link having the "Spirit of the Hero" is mentioned in WW, but was meant as a metaphorical comparison to him being just as courageous and worthy, despite being unrelated.

SS wasn't that bad m8

Spirit of the Hero is the reincarnation of the first hero that served Hylia, and is found in every Link. Similarly, Hylia's soul and Demise's hatred are reincarnated in every Zelda and Ganon respectively

pretty sure it was more like a anti-curse to a curse
it was more like they'll be reincarnated because if they don't, then demise's gonna fuck the shit.

How are the dungeons going to be? I primarily play Zelda games for puzzle-adventuring. I'm concerned that this open world stuff is going to fuck with that.

It'll be Nintendo's newest attempt at making Ocarina of Time again. As always, it won't be any real improvement.

No worries mate, open world doesnt just screw with puzzle adventuring. It screws with everything

Let's go this step by step you insufferable fan fiction faggot. You think that Wind Waker Link has nothing to do with anything and is just a normal kid. The actual dialogue is Jabun asking if he brought the Hero of Time with him. He didn't. That's all the King is saying. The people thought that the Hero of Time would actually come back and save them, as said in the fucking intro. Everyone was waiting for that singular person to appear. This isn't hard to understand.

So you misinterpreted a conversation and that is the only fucking bit of evidence for anything you are saying. Here's all the evidence you're wrong with. Ganon fucking says the hero reborn. Go back and watch the scene, it is so fucking obvious he isn't talking figuratively and you can throw up all the bullshit you want about it being metaphorical but in that case then it's simply a poorly written line as it completely obscures "the main themes of the game" in a children's game made by Nintendo as it can very easily be taken literally. The other is that every hero is a kid with the same name, that acts the same, that looks the same and usually gets the Triforce of Courage and Master Sword. What the fuck kind of odds is that? I know you're going to say well they raised all the kids to be like Link in Wind Waker but no one else has the name Link and looks like him. And then the other thing is that reincarnation IS a part of the series and has been with Ocarina of Time. The game was specifically an origin story and basically created the real framework for the story as it's the first story heavy game in the series. And that has Link as a kid looking like the older games. Not to mention the hints of that shit with Zelda saying Link seems familiar and all the other hints of that too. Like Sharp Link seems familiar aka the most basic bitch shit you do to set up a reincarnation as a plot thing.

Like I'm just flabbergasted at you retards. You play these games? Why the fuck does Link look the same? Why does this take away from the courage of the series, Link is still a little kid fighting all sorts of fucking monsters. It's just stupid hipster sentiment because Wind Waker is the 'in' game right now.

Good argument

top lel

Pretty sure the idea/argument is that when OoT Link (Hero of Time) gets sent back, he takes his soul with him to the past Child Timeline, meaning that the Adult Timeline effectively had the soul removed from the Reincarnation system in that timeline/dimension, can't reincarnate without the person to reincarnate from.

Fucking Timetravel, not even once.

Since we are bringing up the HH/SS Prequel Manga you should remember that Link was a normal brave human (Or Hylian if you gonna obsess over semantics too) before being groomed into "the Hero", So one can see WW Link is another "normal" human basically groomed into the same role (Acquire acknowledgement from provincial stewards, get the master sword AND empower its actual evil slaying, obtaining the Triforce, it is all very reminiscent of the things SS did even culminating is a fencing duel in a "rainstorm", only this time it was primarily King Daphnes doing the grooming rather then Hylia herself.

But basically, the ideas hinge about what happened to the Soul/Spirit of the Hero of Time when he went back.

You, i like you.

FF has been trying to tie into a single muliverse lately though, fucking after years.

E3 conference was top kek. Bunch of trehouse-like grrrlz playin and excited about a game that is like two decades late in terms of open world rpg (TES) and a decade late in terms of sandbox/crafting game (Minecraft). They almost pissed themselves saying how this game is fresh and hip! But the worst in this all: the graphics. Vanila Skyrim have better and it is bethesda shit.

Fine, you want me to read through your wall of autism?
That's exactly what I said in my first post dumbass.

What is it that makes your interpretation inherently superior to mine? Jabun, Valoo and the King never met OoT Link in person, but the Deku Tree did (he was the sprout) and he never mentioned anything about reincarnation.

Ganon says that after you beat the puppet boss. Essentially all he's saying is that WW Link is ballsy as fuck. Even if he wasn't, he's hardly a reliable source of information. Right before you fight him he goes on this long speech about how he wanted to conquer Hyrule for the Gerudo, but if you've played the game you know that he didn't do jack shit for them after he won. He just chilled in his castle playing an organ while his people sat in the desert without a leader.

Whatever, pal

The first 2 Zelda games were directly connected. LLtP was originally just its own thing, but they kept the name and general design because of marketing and brand recognition. That remains true to this day. Also, different Links have different personalities. WW Link, for example, is a doofy kid that rushes in without thinking, while TP Link is a super-lame emotionless board that does nothing but look "cool."

It's 11 times lamer when it's because of the "prophecy," because it basically removes all stakes. When it's just some kid who gets pulled into a conflict but rises to the occasion not because of some boring divine power or "hero's spirit" but through their own will and courage it's much more interesting.

What did he mean by this?

The link in SS 'was the hero described in legend, Link went back in time to destroy Demise.

Actually, Hyrule Historia shows there was a Link "before" SS link, but he died against Demises Monster Army (and as such never met Demise) to give Hylia enough time to raise Skyloft or some shit.

Then the second incarnation went back in time and killed Demise after being tested.

Of course one should take Zelda Mango with a grain of salt, or we get shit like "Majora is a a goat" and the like.

Still, it is in Hyrule Historia.

If anything Dissidia games directly stated Final Fantasy has a multiverse going, albeit it says in the same stroke that basically none of what happened actually mattered whatsoever, FF8 showing Gilgamesh as the same character from FFV was the interpretation of the Rift as a literal rift between universes they're going with, and that Shinryu likes to meddle in FF worlds when he's not busy being a superboss.

Something of note however is that TP Link is wearing Adult Link's clothes as Faron refers to them as being worn by a hero that has been 'lost in time'. Meaning there are aspects of the Zelda universe existing outside of time and within the realm of spirits/deities to manipulate: The spirit of the Hero being one these metaphysical things.

Although another argument against the reincarnation theory is that it is heavily implied that WW/PH Link was still alive by the time ST Link was born.

Hey I liked that Majora extra cahpter

Reminder that the Deku Tree actually explicitly states that WW Link is not the Hero of Time in any sense, merely that he is reminiscent of the Hero of Time.

WW Link earns the title of Hero of Winds. Ganon is indeed speaking in metaphor, as you say. That said, I think there's some merit to the theory of The Spirit of the Hero. The heroes throughout time may not be genetically connected, but they are memetically connected.

Not even fucking once.

It all makes sense now
Where were you when MG and Zelda were connected all along?

Also,
If they don't explicitly state a connection then it doesn't matter, it's all just a clusterfuck.

That's basically the closest explanation to the "canon" explanation of why all the Links are so similar.

BotW confirmed for missing the last third of the game
No wonder Holla Forums is so hyped about it at least partially

So you're saying one third of Holla Forums isn't hyped? :^)

Not to mention that Dissidia world is literally FF1 world and all the events are like a prequel to the whole FF multiverse.

Everyone is hyped or at least interested in Botw, those who aren't are shills and masterbaiters so obvious that no one even replies to them.

yes

That too, Dissidia takes place in FF1's world, 012 even takes it a step further and shows you the world-map is FF1's along with gateways having the names of FF1 locations. I think Garland recognizes the world as well, I know it was some bigass point that Garland thought he and Dissidia's Chaos were one and the same person though it turned out they weren't and Dissidia's Chaos just happened to look like the bigass hate-demon Garland transforms into.

WW comic is best comic, because it doesn't try to be a serious retelling that changes the story for no good reason.

When I played the game I was actually a bit disappointed. she doesn't ever really try to seduce Link or even interact with him directly.

Oh that is pretty nice. I really like the Oracle games.

It does seem that they learned from SS. Though they can always find new problems.

I heard some rumor that there is over 100 of those shrine things but only 4 actual dungeons.

This is nitpicking but didn't that manga come with Hyrule Historia and not actually apart of it?

It was part of it, meaning the last pages of Hyrule historia are the mango.

Probably that's them keeping Zelda tradition since Ganon's pawn rarely interacts with Link if at all up until the actual fight, ie Zant or Agahnim. Though it is a good point that we're far more told about Cia being crazy as shit for Link in more than one way than we are demonstrated it, off the top of my head I can really only think of story cutscenes and the battlefield of Cia's stronghold where the entire fortress is covered in Link memorabilia as actual demonstrations towards that end.

No, the hero in the legend was there when the sky was sent up, there's an entire manga about it

Ya naive faggot

Stupid, the slippery slope is real.
The world we live in now is a slippery slope from allowing free speech to leftists and communist minorities.
More is to come.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Zelda-no-Densetsu-Skyward-Sword/Ch-000---Oneshot-?id=154323

To prove your point user.

Hey, Majora's Mask had only four dungeons but made up for it with a lot of side-content. If BotW actually has only four real dungeons, hopefully it will have the side content to make up for it. I mean, there's not much point to making an adventure game open world without a bunch of side stuff to do in it, anyway.

He didn't mean that literally

remember it is only a rumor so far

A lot of people still complain about there being only 4 though. 8 has been a bit of the standard so any less and people will feel cheated.
They could sorta get away with 6 though

They could always sell dungeons as DLC, anons . :^)

Great, now you jinxed it user.

That is the most Miyazaki shit I have ever seen in a videogame and I've seen Ni no Kuni.

I'm all in now.
Not too many games that actually do that.
I'm all for that.
You got shot with the laser beam.
Now you're dead.
Deal with it.
Even if I have to use that stupid stupid gamepad.

So does anyone else hope Sword techniques / magic abilities will be a big part of this game?

The only people I've seen who whine about Majora's Mask having only 4 dungeons are those who usually ignore side-quests in games. (In which case they wouldn't like BotW, anyway.)

If this game is truly boasting in content that will make me keep coming back, than having a lower number of raw dungeons will only be a small issue.

We still don't know what the BotW amiibo will do exactly, but it probably won't be pets. You can capture and tame horses in the game, confirmed, so that's not locked behind the horse amiibo. Archery Link amiibo doesn't have anything that could be considered a pet, and I doubt they'd let you walk around with an OP as fuck Guardian for a pet. Assuming the Smash Zelda amiibo will have the same functionality as they did in TPHD, the new amiibo will most likely unlock themed extra missions/weapons/gear, like the Wolf Link amiibo in TPHD or the Splatoon amiibo.

All of you are forgetting an important detail.

Seriously though, its just as likely that he was talking to his past lives with the Hero Wraith, as he was talking to a completely different person.

I though Skyward Sword stated them being in an endless reincarnation loop. Specifically because the Goddesses where kind of lazy about the whole thing.

so wheres all the girls, zelda games always have fantastic girls

I know, isn't it the fucking best?

Where do you get than fanart user??!?

Post moar.

he drew it himself

Dunno, saved it from a thread some time back.

dagnabbit you two
iqdb.org/?url=https://media2.8ch.net/v/src/1467119306703.jpg

Heres a present for you goys

Well, not a fan of her style but hey, whatever works.

I'm really interested to see their design of Zelda (If Zelda does actually show up). All of her designs have been fantastic, with my favorite probably being SS.

whew, green light

I think I may actually prefer this version.

I want it to take place in the Adult timeline just because I really want the Darknuts that appear to be Goriyas.

I think they'd look neat in this artstyle.

None of this accounts for the use of Goddess Hylia in the BotW demo, which is the lore from Skyward Sword. From OOT and onward in the timeline Goddess Hylia is forgotten and replaced with the three goddesses Din, Naryu, and Farore. So does the world of BotW regress to an older lore or does it take place before the new lore is adopted?

Those aren't Goriyas you shitter

Din, Nayru and Farore are the gods that created the world whereas Hylia was supposed to be a connection between the humans and gods and acted as a demigod in a sense. She wasn't forgotten and replaced, since there are landmarks that have her name (Lake Hylia being the most notable) and mentioned in ALTTP and TP

Well I don't know all the kinds of dog people Ganon has, I'm sorry.

Anybody else notice this? Maybe in dungeons you use the sheikah slate as the boss key? Or the skeleton key from the nes game returns as an ability for the sheikah slate

But the eye on the key isn't a sheikah eye. Even if you look at the shaft of the key as a tear drop it's still missing the three eyelash points.

There so much eye symbolizing it doesnt really mean shit anymore

I am aware I'm more pointing out the shape of this sheikah eye in particular and how the coloring on the slate makes it look like how the boss keys have been designed in the past.

Why are you posting a picture of Calatia when talking about Hyrule?

Because that's not Calatia?

Anyone knows the best GBA emulator?

VBA, which has been out since like, 2002, or Vba-M which is a fork of the original, since it hasnt been worked on since around 2007. Both are top tier, with a slight edge to M in terms of features and performance, but it might be a tad more complex.

mGBA

When you want to know about any emulator, check out this wiki:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

But, for easy your sorrows, this is the best guy around, VBA-M, in its best version so far, r1507 (2.0 betas are shit):
emucr.com/2015/06/visualboyadvance-m-svn-r1507.html

Thank you very much.

Why is Link giving Zelda those fuck me eyes?

that's cute

Don't user, WW Link, I call him Jalopy is a bit of retard so he has moments like that.

Than again, they were about to Fuck Ganondorf shit one last time, so that's too.

He gets Link on the second playthrough.

For now, He's Jalopy. A surprising dim-witted boy that is also surprisingly dangerous.

Link to the past Link is Rinku

Also is the old man Rauru?

This

You're supposed to run around, collect shit, explore stuff, and find secrets. I know they've tried their hardest to jump the shark in the past 10 years, but this is all Zelda actually ever was.

There is no timeline every game is something differen't non sequential. Like Final Fantasy.

Shouldn't want it any other way.

Saves the day at the end. Story done.

Except for the games that blatantly refer to themselves as sequels to a previous game, or the ones whose placement is actually a factor in the developer's mind at the time.

Why do people get so bent out of shape about the timeline? And I'm talking about both the autists with this too? It's so inoffensive, and at least the only games that weren't included are the shit ones, unlike the Metroid timeline.

Because they're here only to shitpost and maybe bait someone, pay them no mind.

Okay, I've thought about it and they're totally Goriyas fuck you.

Actually looks cool as fuck but I am not going to buy a Wii U considering they are makings gaming console already.

Cute Monsters.

Really hope we get more cute monsters, cause from what i seen it is lacking them so far.

Miniblins and WW Bokoblins also cute. SS and BotW Bokoblins Not Cute.

I can't tell if Link drowned in this or if he died from exposure to the cold because the player forgot to put him in a warmer outfit.

That's definitely the cold water getting to him. You can see the white on the hearts before he takes damage.

We know nothing about him other than that he's an old man and gives you advice, so at this point we should probably just assume he's this games Sahasrala or Rauru or Old Man. We could guess for months who he is but none of it matters because there's so little evidence to go on. Not saying you're wrong, and I think you've done a good job gathering relevant pieces of info, but speculation just seems pointless to me at this stage.

Ah, you're right. Seems like cold damage is pretty rough.

bullshit, the white on the hearts appears when he's hit by the skeleton. Link is drowning.

Cold, because his temperature gauge is frozen the moment he hits the water, otherwise he could wade on the surface like usual. There's other footage of him dying that way, too.

link is a trap now anyho