Dolphin 5.0 Is Released

Are you excited, gamers, for all the cool new features Dolphin has to offer?

Here's a list of the major features that were added for those who don't want to watch the video.

The article below goes more in depth with the specifics of each feature
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/06/24/dolphin-50-release/
archive.is/MApEh

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Gamecube
download.microsoft.com/download/8/c/b/8cb4af84-165e-4b36-978d-e867e07fc707/vc_redist.x64.exe
dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-remote-plus-rvl-cnt-01-tr-connection-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FAKK U DORUPHIN

aaaaand that's it.
Is there anything else?

OH SHIT NIGGA

No ubershader, no fucks given.

Also most those things were in the nightly builds which any sane person should be using.

Lastly only retards use mainline dolphin anymore ishiiruka is better in every way.

Go beg for dopnations someplace else fagroth/neobrain.

care to elaborate?

I don't follow the emulation scene, what is this?

Only found out about this not too long ago, howcome they made this instead of adding all of this to the main dolphin? Has it had everything 5.0 offers?

Better support of older computer (not that I care personally but still)

Async shader compilation (basically replaces stutters with temporarily broken effects which I find better)

Faster

Wide array of filtering and "enhancement" (don't like most of them personally but if you care about that why not)

Basically would fix any and all stuttering problems with dolphin but it's complex to do, on the other hand they made pretty much no progress on that for two years.

Because fagroth / neobrain are faggots who hate your enduser guts and have a bad case of "not invented here" and "muh clean code".

ishiiruka is following nightlies so it should have everything 5.0 has already or at the very least somewhat soon.

They mentioned finally fixing Rogue Squadron 2.

still not better than the real thing.

Great, that ran like utter shit for me. I'll see.

Pig disgusting.

Where's a good place to find ISO's without getting your ass wrecked?

What the hell is causing this?
The game is Bloody Roar Primal Fury, and this only happens on boss character's stages with the wide screen hack on.

emuparadise is fine, innit?

has anyone tried F-zero GX?
that game always runs so fucking slow

Nigger, I finished all games I cared for years ago.

Does it mean you can play with other dude over the internet as if he was on second controller?

Does that mean you can set games to run at arbitrary framerates without speeding them up?

Because, you know, unless I can play Samurai Warriors 3 and Sengoku Basara Utage on 60 fps with people on split screen over internet, this shit means jackshit.

So does this mean I can play games that had lag on the original system and get around that by boosting the emulated cpu clock

By design 6th gen netplay will always be trash unless the netplay was part of the game like with RE:Outbreak.

That mean you can emulate an higher clocked NGC which means games that have FPS fluctuation internally won't have as much dips as much or at all of course that does also allow for 60 fps hacks to work properly or better but you still have to make one and the game has to not shit itself with it on. gets it.

I've never had a problem downloading from emuparadise, you do have to do a captcha before downloading. I think they have simultaneous download limits as well.

Then it's fucking nothing

WHY MUST I SUFFER SO

what

Its b8, but its 9gag tier b8

I remember all of those running fine before

Maybe No More Heroes will run better now, I could never get it to work with the Wiimote

PCSX2 has been able to play MGS3 on software mode for years and the recent version from last year makes it work on hardware mode too. If it isn't working, you aren't configuring it correctly

also what said

Yes it can, shit was fixed 6 month ago.

It's missing a ton of shaders and looks nothing like the actual game.

Dolphin emulates Wii as well.

Not anymore, it isn't

Yes, it does

I played a few months ago, and it doesn't.
But that's beyond the point, it still has a ton of compatibility issues with dozens of core games to the PS2 library.

It's missing the yellow bloom taint from the game. Go boot up MGS3, get to the same point and you'll see it. Or fuck it, switch it to software.

It really doesn't, no more than Dolphin does

PCSX2 gets a lot of shit, but it's not really confusing until people turn around and praise Dolphin and PPSSPP over it, they all have a few compatibility and accuracy issues

If the user gets his balls and posts screenshots you'll see it. I've played the whole game on emulator just months ago and I am 100% sure that it was missing the color.

And no, PCSX2 is still miles away from actually working right. It has tons of optimization problems, some games work very poorly (I remember some user complaining about Ratchet and Clank, not sure if that was ever fixed), and others require you to go through hoops and completely change settings to get them to work.

I remember having this weird desync bug in MGS2, while the game worked great, I'd get to a point where cutscenes would stop progressing because of it.

And you know, fair enough, it's emulation, you're supposed to fiddle with the settings, but as of now it's a bit too much. There's many areas to improve and it's nowhere close to Dolphin or at being a good emulation option.

Most of the problems that remain are due to GSdx being a pile of shit, and that's apparently being taken care of, there are a handful of games that actually still have major problems outside of hardware mode (Jak, GT4 and RRV off the top of my head)

The screenshot is from PCSX2 and has no problems that I can see outside of minor upscaling+widescreen hack problems.

Funny thing is that whil it's unsurprising people are fucking retarded when it comes to judging emulators.

PPSSPP=Dolphin>>>>>>>>>>PCSX2

PCSX2=Dolphin>>>>>>>>>>PPSSPP

PCSX2>>>>>>>>>>Dolphin>>>>>>>>>>PPSSPP

HOLD ME Holla Forums
HOLDE MEEEEEE

it's a pity it doesn't automagically update like with an rpm because I have extra textures enabled for xenoblade and shit and can't remember how i did it and don't wanna enable them from scratch

Is there a simple way to upgrade PCSX2 or do I have to pretty much do a new install for it, specifically, the newer version?

Where do i actually find places to download these games? TPB's seeds are dead.

but to answer your question, no
you can retain important shit by saving these folders

emuparadise is pretty ok

come on niggers, this shit should be a standard already. I always get paranoid when something wants to extract and install shit, even with my permission, because who the hell knows what manner of spy/ad/malware is being injected into my system

Thanks.

yes i know

You also need to keep the inis folder for custom controller mappings.

Just grab a nightly.

just use windows defender

Does it run F-Zero perfectly?

Yes it does… As I said it's missing the yellowish color. It's hardly noticeable at the beginning since there's a lot of shadows, but the more you move on the more you notice it's missing.

Air ride
Muramasa
F-zero gx
Sunshine
Xenoblade
Gotcha Force

idk nigga go to the Holla Forums recomended list

I just tested it with a R9 290X 4GB and an i5 750 in Direct X 11 mode. The intro press start screen was a bit laggy for some reason, but the actual game ran at 60 fps consistently, though the game would hitch when I first did something like hit a wall or turbo, but it was fine after that. This is with 29 other racers or whatever the max limit is btw.

Thanks for trying it.

try racing on Sand Ocean please
those tracks with sand always fucked the fps up

it's that simple

Whoever made this needs to be slaughtered

I remember the game fucking up in many ways back on 4.0, I wonder if I can actually play it now

Did they suddenly get a good game right at the end?

Rabbids go Home is actually a pretty fun platformer. You can even customize your characters and it's honestly fun, unlike the shitty party games.

Only thing I care about is Cemu becoming stable enough by the time the new Zelda is out.

Sure does.

WELL SHIT. I averaged around 22 fps on that track unfortunately. Every other track I've attempted so far had no problem with 60 though, how strange. I guess they still have a few kinks to work out.

So do they have a proper profile system for games now?

Because last I checked every emulator ever is missing this and it's the most essential thing to be able to play multiple emulated games regularly unless you want to continously change settings.

I know there's ways around it to make configs per game but it's shitty. Something needs to be in the UI by default and then auto load when the same game is booted.

I wonder if the texture caching problem with the Prime games has been fixed now. They ran at a solid 60 eventually, but it took a little bit to get there.

that's why I posted it

goddamnit
well, thanks for testing it user

I meant this vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Gamecube

GOOD NEWS ACTUALLY. If you click on options, then graphics settings, then the hacks tab and check/enable "Skip EFB access from CPU" then Sand Ocean runs perfectly fine at 60fps.

Can I play true crime NYC and not have it crash?

nigga u better not be playing with my feelings right now.
I'm downloading the game, I need to see this.

Isn't crashing accurate to the GCN port on original hardware?

Fug, I meant just a regular 290.

I dunno? is it? I always thought that game just had glitches here and there.

it's a dated as shit list. i know chart-user made a wii list but i don't have it with me

It's one of the worst in the series, but it's still a good game. Get me into Monster Hunter.

This?

ITS TRUE

Jesus fucking christ, this is such an improvement.

Fuck yeah, glad I could help.

HE

Baroque is not a Wii exclusive.

and considering the Wii has shit controls, you better play it on PCSX2

Is it possible to do Multiplayer Crystal Chronices on Dolphin?

I'd like to know this too, Four Swords would be great as well.

jesus christ, all of the Bit Trip games were literally the only good WiiWare titles with the rest being digital shovelware

What do i need to do to make wiimotes work? I mean i tried it a few years back, but i could never even get my pc to recognize the wiimote, i tried several usb dongles but none of them worked.
i just want to try skyward sword

µAren't both those games ones that require a GBA to play multi?

Because if that's the case it ain't happening soon, VBA/-M is abandoned and not usable for that purpose (there's a fork that kinda sometimes work but it's basically unusable locally much less online), higan is too heavy and not good enough yet and mGBA isn't ready either on top of that the dev is yet another crazy tranny

Think I'm gonna attempt to emulate skyward sword- wish me luck, nerds

Bad idea nigger, way too interaction with the wiimote

So how do you use dlc?

Against all odds, yes they did. It's a bit like if a bunch of crazy French fucks tried to emulate Katamari Damacy, with the crap-collecting and illustration of just how much worthless trash you've collected, and added their own twists too, turning it from a comfy and (usually) low-stress experience into a batshit and fast-paced rollercoaster ride into the depths of French memery.

The major differences:

All in all, I'd say it's worth playing, especially since you can get it for $0 thanks to the magic of emulation. I don't remember it being particularly-long either, so it shouldn't take long to either find out you hate it and drop it, or have fun with it for as long as it can keep things up before it ends on a high note.

I've got a wiimote with pro built in, I'm gonna hook up a wii to power the sensor bar, and I'm figuring out the rest

For Wii games, usually DLC is as .wad format, you can either install the .wad in the options menu or put them in your ISO folder and click on them in the dolphin menu to install there. Simple.

Dent in my plans, can't find the nunchuck. I'm gonna keep looking but if I can't find that- fuck.

That's only in Hardware mode where the effects haven't been recreated for GPUs.

Visually, it's pretty much 100% authentic ins software mode with the downside that CPU is slower at doing graphics.

AMD fx-8320 and amd 270. OC CPU at 4.0 ghz. I was running most stuff maxed out with textures set to 1080p and SSAA 8x and anisotropic 16x. Metroid Prime 1 was running with those settings. 60 FPS barely any drops in the tutorial all the way until Tallon 4.
I turned it all down and I'm fine with a bit of AA and multiple samples of the native textures though. Color me impressed

now to find torrents with seeders, kickass was clean out of Wii ISOS it seems.

Oh lordy what have we here- I'm about to dive into trying to play it by mapping the motion controls to the gyros or the touchpad of none other than a steam controller. I may be a madman for attempting this but we're gonna find out.l

Just gonna download it before it gets C&D

Are you fucking stupid?
It's still fair use as well, as long as no profits are made it's fine.

Now this is the kind of shameless self advertising I like

If this makes fzero gx finally work on my pc I'll even donate to these guys

Apparently it does and fairly consistently to boot.

YO WHEN'S VULKAN

Wowwie, that's impressive to say the least.

Ah that's a shame. At least I'll be able to race people in Kururin Sqaush.

It's a stable 75% at worst, and I havent touched any configuration options yet

I've read forum posts on dolphin.org and it seems like one guy wrote the backend for DX12. The devs have said that they're not gonna devote time to writing a vulkan backend, because the results wouldn't warrant the effort. However, it's an open source project, so someone's bound to write a backend if they really want it that badly.

Racer select screen runs like garbage, time attack is fine even on Sand Ocean. But actual races with the 31 other races performance goes to shit for me.

lol wut? I've been getting 60fps consistently. Did you try this yet:

Also are you using the DX12 backend? I had much worse performance with OpenGL.

The fuck? I meant Direct3D 11.

I had this problem with OpenGL. Go to Graphics options and switch to Direct3D 11 if you haven't already.

That's true, the menus used to run better. But sand ocean, big blue and trident something (worst performance tracks for me) run much better now for me at least. And like I said, I didnt try any hack yet. It is an improvement

It's a Wii/Gamecube emulator. A really good one at that.

I was actually messing with shit between posts, I did switch away from opengl (even though the wiki recommends it). And it fixed most issues, tracks still run like hot shit for the first 5 seconds or so (probably loading shit in the background or something) then it reaches 60fps probably 90% of the time. I already had SKIP EFB on from playing smash, can probably hit stable FPS with some tweaks, doubt it will get rid of the first bit of slowdown at the start though.

ishiiruka > mainline

That shit was taken over by reddit

Holla Forums, will you help a literal retard out?

I'm on Dolphin 4.0.2, and want to upgrade to the new 5.0. BUT, When I open Dolphin and look through the taskbars and such, I don't see any option to simply "update" the emulator. If I download the install the new 5.0 one from their site, will I lose my games' save data? I don't want to lose my Paper Mario TYD and Vexx saves.

Just download the latest build and install it, you won't lose anything

no you won't lose you saved data, because all of that shit is located in a separate folder, namely
C:\Users\[USER]\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator\

Go to the GC and Wii folders to get your memory card/save files and back them up.

back up everything in a separate folder, then drag dolphin 5.0 to the new folder. if it works then YOSH. if it doesn't then revert back to the old folder.

either way it's kept in your documents so your safe

Since this appears to have devolved into general emulator talk, what's the best emulator for pic related?

Has anyone tried Custom Robo? On netplay?

So what are the laws regarding downloading ROMs you've previously purchased on Gamecube / Wii?

if they catch you they'll lynch your ass in the streets before they break out the napalm and purge your ass from existence.

Where can I find some Wii ISO's downloads or torrents without any hassle?

You're supposed to make backups of the games you've purchased. Since every copy of a game is the same, within region and version, they can't tell if you ripped it yourself or downloaded it.
The police won't come knocking at your door for daring to play an old game on an emulator, but if they do and you only have roms for games you own they can't do shit.
If on the strange chance they catch you with roms of games you don't own, and can prove that you were using them as a form of piracy, they could get you under that. In which case you're incredibly unlucky, because they don't bother enforcing this kind of thing. Get a large tub of lube because they fine people a fuckton to try and make an example of them.

I would love to try it out with you

Oh okay, thanks guys! Just wanted to be sure.

I would too, but I'm at work for the time being. Give it a whirl with someone else and tell us the results.

please

What plugins do i need for MGS3 to look like that? the way its supposed to look
I never had problems with pcsx2 but mgs3 was always unplayable for me because of graphical bugs and software mode was damn slow
So yeah,what plugins? Or what configuration do i need?
H E L P

You might need the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. I know it's a requirement for GlovePIE, a program that can map Wiimote movement for regular games. Apparently the default Windows bluetooth stack is shit.

I mean, if you've tried GlovePIE and generic bluetooth adapters, and your computer still doesn't recognize it, I dunno what else to tell you. I think there's another set of drivers that require you to be in test mode to use because they're unsigned but I've never used them.

It's that simple.

Latest nightly (git builds on the main site).

OGL plugin with the preload frame data, fast texture invalidation and half-pixel offset hacks on and CRC level set to partial.

If your GPU is an AMD one it probably won't run as well as it should but with some of the recent fixes you shouldn't have any major problems, if you're on intel IGP forget about it.

Call me when they fix Rebel Strike

Thanks for the info im trying it when i get home, my ps2 is dying
I have a 750ti , i don't use really high resolutions so i hope i can make it work

That bitch has some enormous hands.

If the net play improvements are good enough, Starfox Assault netplay with /v could be alot of fun.

Like i said it's been a few years since i tried and i don't remember using this glovepie (i remember being stuck at the bluetooth thing but i may be wrong), i searched for it on google but i can't find a trustworthy download and the "official" website seems unavailable.

fuck you

download.microsoft.com/download/8/c/b/8cb4af84-165e-4b36-978d-e867e07fc707/vc_redist.x64.exe

Got it already, it won't install thought because of some unknown error. Trying to do a few select updates to windows and then retry.

Any site that Provides Wii ISO's that don't have any bullshit to it?

GlovePIE is it's own thing. You don't need to use it to use a Wiimote with Dolphin. It's just that it requires the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack just like Dolphin does. I set it up to play GMod with a Wiimote once, it worked fairly well.
TBS is built into Windows 8+, so if you're on 7 you'll need to get it somehow.
dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-remote-plus-rvl-cnt-01-tr-connection-guide/

In this case fuck MS (fucking seriously who makes an installer that calls another installer that can silently fail)

Uninstall the latest Visual C redistribuable then reinstall it using that link , reboot in between every operations.

If all else fails uninstall then reinstall every single one, that's what fixed it for me.

Boo
Boo Dolphin
Boo

So i don't actually need it, it's just a remapper? Anyway, my wiimote is a remote plus, but it's not an official one, it's a somewhat good (based on the reviews)knockoff i bought on amazon for 14 eurobucks (it's wiimote and nunchuck, i thought it was a good deal), could this also be an issue?

It should still work. If a real Wii can pick it up so should Dolphin. Haven't tried it myself though.

Thanks user, i'll try it as soon as i find my bluetooth dongle.

Speaking of netplay, has anyone managed to successfully play Mario Party or any other salt spilling games?

Got it working with my own method. Now time to find BIOS I guess.

I didn't know Mobile Light Force 2 got two sequels.

How'd you configure the controls? I could never get the mouse movement to feel right

Might as well ask here: is it feasible to play Killer7 on emulator with mouselook?

Technically yes, but it makes it awkward as fuck to use the menus since you aim with the left stick too

You get used to how to feels.

Thanks pal

Jesus christ because of your font I thought that said "CUCK #" instead of "CLICK #"

fuck off mudlord

maybe it does

I would also like an answer to this question.

So, after a fair bit of testing on F-Zero GX. Sand Ocean etc runs perfectly at DX11/DX12 (dosent seem to do much difference) at 1080p upscaling, with no extra AA.

Using a I7-4790k and a memester GTX1070

You can skip the captcha if you click on the "trouble with our capcha?" link.

requesting gamecube recommendation chart and also the snes one

Wikipedia says it was on the three 6th gen consoles, and I don't hear anyone ranting and raving about Xbox emulators, so probably just use Dolphin or PCSX2.

Hows PS2 emulation nowadays? Anywhere close to the quality of GC?

How did N64 emulation fuck up so badly?

I heard in another thread that PCSX2 is pretty okay visually, but I never had a ps double and certainly never played any of its games so I wouldn't know. I just know that Dolphin contributors have been kicking ass the last few years.

Hold on

The N64 architecture was fucking weird. For starters the "microcode" was uploaded into a vector processor that was part of the GPU pipeline, so each game could do graphics slightly differently. Emulators get around it by doing high-level emulation of the microcode blobs that the vast majority of games used. IMO N64 emulation peaked around 2003-2005.

Can I play games in 3D with a VR headset now?

You can always bind a few keys off to the side/controller buttons to the same functions, via right-clicking the binding detect buttons and doing the advanced config. When you right-click one of those buttons, it lets you not only pick from the chosen input device's list of bindable buttons/keys, but also lets you set multiple bindings for one thing, set something to only acticate with multi-button presses, set shit to be always-on unless the button is pressed, and even add buttons from other devices connected at the same time.

That last part is especially-interesting, since you can spread your controls out between a mouse and keyboard, one or more controllers and even a wiimote. This lets you do some neat shit with the combination of a mouse and a controller for Wii games. For example, having the Wii's aiming and 2 main buttons be on the mouse, while having the nunchuk and all the other buttons on a controller, getting the benefits of both mouselook and control stick movement.

There are flippers you can strap on that dramatically improve your swim speed and allow you to swim alot more like they do

I remember when I first tried to emulate it and got earraped.

That's brilliant. I've never thought of that.

The problem is the Wii has no really interesting games for me. I only use Gamecube emulation from Dolphin, mostly for my Zelda playthroughs.

Why don't you rewrite 60% of it to make it work then user?

user plz, it's shit just because it's shit you're used to doesn't change that fact, on top of that he was never the only one to say that GBA>NGC wasn't doable on VBA-M without massive rewrites.

So, i tried to pair the wiimote but it doesn't work. I know for sure that my wiimote, even if it's a pingpong knockoff, works on a real wii, but my pc can't recognize it. The dongle and stuff works 'cause i tried it with my phone, it just can't see the wiimote.

bump

Told you it wouldn't work faggot

Check the ids user

Summerfags need to get out, right fucking now

There are still parts of the N64 hardware that people don't understand the inner workings of.

It happens because most N64 emulators are only half Nintendo 64 emulators.
They only emulate the main CPU, and have equivalent programs to the ones that ran on the coprocessor, as those programs were widely recycled.
But in several case, those programs got slight tweaks that turns "simulating all the variations of the same program" a living hell.

This and the awful SJW whiny community.

Is it showing up in your devices after pairing? What's its name?
Are you on Windows 8 or 10 which have Bluetooth stack issues?
Did you choose real wiimote in dolphin and checked continuous scanning or whatever?

heh

I am almost crying, thanks OP, I have such found memories of this game

I am going back to playing it, see you in 8 hours

Dolphin 5.0 is crap. What the fuck did the devs do? Performance went up and almost all games have problems with higher res. and it gets even worse with Dx12. Baldurs gate is still unplayable and 'tales of' still needs a lot fixing. Sorry, this build is a waste of time. Waiting on Iishiruka build and continue to play BG on pcsx2.

I'm playing F-Zero GX at 60fps 1080p like I've never done when the thing was a shitfest of stuttering and broken audio before, Can I do that too on your emulator?

ishiiruka is mor ecompatible as dolphin, it even runs on a toaster.

ah ha, interesting, they took tino's code and fucked it up! ha.

Alright I'm gonna try it with the exact same settings now and see how that goes

Bloody hell I never even noticed

give it a week, a new build is coming

I hope so cause it ran like dogshit on the current one

I've only been lurking in these threads, but what about this video?

Instructions he posted:
Disable - Fast Depth Calculation
Set audio to DSP LLE

First of all you need quite powerful PCThese are my settings:Enabled Options (box checked):JIT Recompiler, Enable Dual Core, Enable Idle Skipping, DSP LLE recompiler, Direct3D, Skip EFB Access from CPU, Ignore Format Changes, Store EFB Copies to Texture Only, External Frame Buffer (XFB) - VirtualDisabled Options (box unchecked):Fast Depth Calculation

HOLY SHIT HE'S RIGHT!

IT'S WAY FASTER! THANKS BRO, NOW I'LL HAVE A FUN WEEKEND

What's the point of hating the enduser? And why?

Anyone else getting audio crackles with ishiiruka but not with mainline?

Just poppin in this thread to ask

Dolphin 5.0 looks promising, but should I stick to Ishiiruka or just transition to main release? I'm aware Ishiiruka already has a new version out, but I'm not sure if they compare.

You sure you're using the same audio plugins in both of them?

Ishiiruka's still better

Is it normal for OOT and MM from the GC zelda collection to run at 20fps (and often under for MM)?

I gather its being essentially double emulated when you run it in Dolphin, but still.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2BD8833535B347517BEEC68D20199CBF2A1222F8&dn=553%20Games%20-%20The%20Complete%20USA%20GameCube%20Release%20List%20-%20USA%20NGC%20WORKING%20For%20Wii-OneUp%2c%20by%20gmninja

getcher gamecube shit

Fuck. I have to actually download dolphin because of this thread.

I tried running TP wii on ishiiruka and it runs worse than 5.0
explain this
plus the minimap is broken

Tried it out and got pic related
the shadow glitch from
is still there and now Shina looks like a fucking dyke.

fug, meant to quote

Same settings as far as I can tell.

Maybe I'll delete the dolphin folder in my documents and reset everything and see.

Looks like ishiiruka really hates characters that have hair jiggle bones. Busuzima's supposed to have long spiky hair.

Oops. Meant to put this less cluttered version of the image.

Does godzilla unleashed work without an actual wiimote and nunchuck yet?

i've emulated primal fury before without any issues, can't tell you what version I used though because I don't have access to my desktop right now

I don't even see the issue in the first image

Direct3D or OpenGL?

Alright we're getting somewhere
Come on.
Also, a copy of monster hunter tri is five dollars at the FUCKING GAMESTOP I go to. Is it really worth it or is this picture pulling my leg?

MH3 is definitely worth a try. Getting the hang of the gameplay and defeating huge monsters is really satisfying. I haven't played the Wii version but I really enjoyed MH3U until I had to start grinding for better gear.

Illvelo and Radirgy Noa/Milestone Shooting Collection 2

Twinkle Queen is a decent, all-female fighting game based off of some visual novels.

SD Gundam: Gashapon Wars is a nice strategy/arena fighter hybrid.

Blaster Master: Overdrive, Contra ReBirth and Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth are some of the few decent WiiWare titles.

Also, if you want to experience rage, try getting full platinum on the New Challenge Stages in Kirby's Dream Collection… with the parasol.

No idea how compatible they are with this. I only use a modded Wii.

See you in 80 hours.

reported for piracy

Anyone get Dokapon Kingdom working on Netplay? i keep getting this if i start it in netplay but it plays fine outside of netplay

What? We're obviously all playing games we already own and just backed up to our computer in ISO format.

Reminder N64 emulation is shit and 5.0 is already outdated so you should use the latest SVNs.

Any changes from NTSC-U to PAl for Star Ocean: Second Evolution? The NTSC-U ISO on emuparadise is broken.

I'm so happy right now holy shit.
I'll see if I can beat master before the thread dies

wew

It plays better with the wiimote. Aiming with the wiimote is more precise than with a mouse, especially with Metroid Prime's aiming system. Similar as Pandora Tomorrow's, near the edge of the screen moves the screen in that direction. Metroid Prime 3 has the best controls in a game yet made. It is the best. All games should copy it's aiming and movement.

Also lag free.

Worth a Wii for it and the trilogy just to experience controls. Could have thousands of enemies to shoot fast and you would still have fun hopping around the environment shooting them, not missing a single one.

FPS making use of it best should get rid of bullet spread, use higher rumble instead to fuck up aiming in real time. New controllers having recoil as the new gimic or force feedback, use the rumble as a gyro.

Nunchuck and wiimote are easily the best control system so far, everything else vastly inferrior.

Have a deadzone so aiming doesn't involve turning, move cursor to edge of the screen to turn, or turn in small incremants that get larger toward the edge of the screen.

Makes iron sights unnescesary but they'd still be good to snipe with.

Wiimote and Nunchuck just need to work the same without a sensor bar, be exactly precise where they are pointing is where they are in game, and work independently, wired or wirelessly and have a changable rechargable battery, though AA is pretty standard and there is a huge industry for them already.

Using a mouse is not the same.
Dolphin also needs various combinable visual effects, scanlines, crt shaders, 4xHQ scaling.

Wii was so full of shovelware that you'd have to play everything to find out it it is or not.

The controls were so good games just using them were a joy to play eg: Endless Ocean. It's a shame twilight princess didn't use the wiimote to look, the same as Metroid Prime, it was the difference between a game being ok and unbelievably beautiful.

Rolling

Wiimote could have multiple wireless connects, the distance from the system recorded by signal strength and kept so changes don't incur aiming changes. Also a wireless distance recording of the nunchuck position to add precision. Combine that with magnetic readings and tilt sensing (bubbles (level)).

Could have a regular controller that can be split into two pistol grips. With a clamp to attatch a phone on either one for lefties or both for games that require both. Install the controller software to the phone/s. Play with a nunchuck and wiimote.

Good for people who just want to use a controller. Make controller umhave triggers under every finger but thumb, multiple straps to secure it to the hands. Guestures could serve as buttons for people with missing parts, the phone used as a keyboard or second screen, or portable console. Low standard resolution helping maintain high image quality in compressed frames sent to phone, games running at a slower pace to prevent lag from inhibiting play. Also part of a subscription fee to be able to run a game from a server, or banking your system for remote processing powet when you aren't using it and drawing from that credit when you want or trading it for game content or subscription fees eg: Leave your systems connected to a processing pool while you sleep, work etc and get free multiplayer for it.

Multiple phones regardless of model could also be strapped to limbs to be formed in game as virtual ones or too providing input options. Sell basic magnetic nets or straps to plug into phones. And specify in OS what that mesh is and what you want each action to perform in game. Or sell gloves and have them work the same in game as hands.

Require all games to integrate such options, ir have them added as a part if the finalisinv processbof quality assurance. Or as secrets ti try and see if they have effect in game. Good devs sure to use them innovatively.

Games proviving more interesting or efficient use of them if not using the standard added fix, the OS option.

A good OS should integrate every good idea that is done to overcome problems. Such fixes make good standards and are sure to need fixing themselves. Providence isn't perfection.

A split controller with a phone clamp or housing built into grip/arm strap would give people who have presumptions against using such a system the method they prefer and the ability to test out the wiimote+numchuck controlls on their own or to earn points, acheivements, trophies, in game content etc. Try and use what they like the most. Find out which is best and get better at using it.