Steam user reviews aren't worth a fuck anymore

All right, if you know stuff like statistics and math, you'd also know that shit like this is fucking impossible.

It appears that people found a way to manipulate user reviews, and I had my suspicions for a while, but this shit right here proves it.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/chacegraves/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't see the point in review websites or any "rating" for a game when you could just go on youtube, watch a bit of gameplay and determine if it interests you there.

If you're using reviews/ratings to determine if a game is good or not you deserve to get swindled.

In their defence, payday 2 recently released an update that un-jewed the entire game and fixed most problems people had with the game

If it's rounded to the nearest complete percent it leaves room for about 30 negative reviews.

>every single one
Yeah ok that's some bullshit right there. That's statistically impossible.

What's a probability of that happening, even with rounding up? Also, I've never seen rounding up, only down on Steam.

This. People are just happy with the game again, so they're leaving positive reviews.

A thumb up the bum system is shit to begin with, rather know if a game is a 3/5 from someone and have it averaged collectively from there.

100% still seems fishy

100% of 6422

should I get it

It shouldn't be too hard to create a system, which would compare your taste to the people with similar taste. It would automatically root out shills, if all the new accounts, and suddenly opinion changing accounts would be excluded. Creating this kind of review system would be so easy, it's almost like the game stores don't want you to have that information.

I like it, but only buy on sale

I agree what they did was absolute shit but they did a 180, and the game is still fun even if the devs went complete fucking shit for a bit

This. All of those reviews are either just shitty attempts at being funny, or a wall of text that doesn't get to the point.

NO?! really? would steam allow that?
>steam

It's an alright game. It's still pretty jewish with the amount of DLC it has, but at the very least you don't have to buy the heists in order to play them.

Your best bet is to find a group for it and make them your regulars, since playing with pubs is hit or miss. Other than that, the skill trees are now not a pain in the ass to work with and there's a decent variety of heists.

Check the game libraries of all the users who have reviewed it. It was recently discovered that someone made a bot farm of steam users to spam good reviews to those who pay. All the bots had the same exact game library and were all "playing" the same games at the same time so it should be pretty obvious.

If a game has something like a 'mixed' rating then I'll check up for possible technical issues. It's a good indication.

It useless regarding the quality of the game otherwise.

Holla Forums, please leave.

sure worked for the UK

No, it's statistically improbably, there's a big difference between the two words you mouth-breathing retard.

Are you telling me that every normalfag's vote should be weighed the same? I'm for a screening process for that sort of shit, that's all.

Good thing we have such wise and graceful people like yourself to judge them, Bob Chipman.

Well Overjew finally uncucked themselves from 505 and then they removed all the micro-transactions. Well they still EXIST but the workaround was making new crates/safes that drop able to be opened for free. The game is still clearly jewish but it got the respect of ALOT of people back. But I have definitely seen some recent neg reviews (Mostly complaining about the insane amount of DLC) so it's clearly either

1. This was somehow forged by Overjew. (Unlikely though)

2. Steam statistics are fucking retarded and are in desperate needs of some updates.

Also, if you have the money to buy certain DLC you like, go for it, if you only want to buy the game, just get a DLC unlocker.
(You won't get banned, only marked as a cheater, but not that many people really seem to care in the community unless their die-hard shills)

For the most part I only really focus on negative reviews anymore. They are often the most objective (aka don't comprise of "THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!" or "[stupid 10/10 joke]"), and even the more indepth positive reviews fail to acknowledge any flaws of the game in question.

To be fair, regular people don't do shit like this.

Why brits have such a terrible tooth's?

*teeth

*teeth's

I'm fairly certain the only people who can leave reviews are the people who bought it, and people who buy the games are more likely to like it. Normalfags like Fallout 4, normalfags recommend Fallout 4, and they're louder than people with taste who wouldn't buy the game in the first place.

Not enough people were pissed at Payday 2 faggots or not enough people gave it negative reviews.
You win some, you lose some. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a huge enough wave of hatred for this game to cause it's score to cascade into the negatives.

kek

I think this new system's pretty good. Games that had high ratings before can get low ratings in the present. Check the killing floor 2 ratings, for example.
Things aren't as bad as you make it out to be.
If the devs are kikes and manipulated review scores, report it to steam. Valve takes some heavy punitive action on devs that do that shit.

theives*

If you are thirsty for a game you can play co-op with friends get it but i dont recommend it.
The game is very flawed and ridden with DLC, I said before that you should buy it if you have to play it with because the community is shit.

*elves

Is your dream to become an airport baggage handler? If so, yes

Get the game and get the DLC unlocker.

When were steam reviews ever worth a fuck?

On Bad Rats.

No

becasue I have a spare I will fucking give you that I bought before it went to shit

also gibs steam so I can give it

Red flag

*fae

Are they giving out free masks if you review the game or something?

How is he going to kill himself without knives?

If you're still around
ID is in the email field

Steam is a store OP.

You don't ask a store if the shit that they are selling is good.

Go find an independent medium that you can trust, preferably someone with broadly the same tastes in gaming.

meme reviews ending with
10/10 and a leddit meme
are the worse

I've had this forever, who wants it?

user email field is protected now

Yeah I realized that. Sorry.
steamcommunity.com/id/chacegraves/

It bothers me how fucking fat he his and he has the nerve to show his fat fucking face constantly. I miss the days when ugly people were ashamed to leave the house.

Woah…. really makes you think….

OH THANK GOD

I do

Well gimmie something to work with user.

Hey dickass
There are service where you can rent out thousands of accounts to positively review your game.

It's run by the same niggering faggots that run Backpack.tf and scrap.tf

Actually the way I solve this is by finding out what games are currently popular and most played.
I then know what games to avoid at any cost so that I won't be infected.

To this day I've never played Final Fantasy 7 because it's still too popular and talked about.

It might be rounding up. 70 negative reviews would give a 99.1% favourable and Steam has an incentive to always round up.

Or maybe the game is liked more than our glorious leader Kim Jong-un

not missing much fam

try Star Ocean 2

Did he kill himself yet?

Lefties are known to keep their promises, wonder how many will move to Canadia when Trump is president.

>yup i only go for the most obscure games, not that MAINSTREAM shit.
Literally a hipster.

Maybe, but there's a method to this madness/hipsterism.

Only on sale.

ff7 is shit tbh fam

I gave him a spare from when I bought a 4 pack when it was good

Can someone post the south park gif with the payday subtitles?

I'd make fun of you for not realizing, but today is a day of celebration

yesterday I was trying to be productive and I went straight from that to bed, totally forgot

woke up at noon today and jumped in this thread first thing

Steam's always been a bullshit way of determining what's good and isn't good.
Hell, the internet has always been a bullshit way of determining that. Especially with all the shill threads and paid viral advertising going on.

You know what the worst thing about shill threads is?

YOU'RE IN ONE

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a pleb.

I hate people that wear scarves year-round and thick black rim glasses. How's that?

are you hoping someone will screencap your epic reply